Filevine Erfahrungen

Filevine

Cloudbasierte Lösung für das Rechtsfallmanagement von Unternehmen

Sortieren nach

• Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Was exactly the fit we were looking for and seems to constantly be adding new features.

Bewertet am 16.2.2018

The best thing about this product is the fact that it's fully web-based. Gone are the days of needing a beefy back end and/or an SQL server to host the databases. Now all of your data is secure and in the cloud for easy access for attorneys and their staffs.

The biggest con with this software was the setup. They sold us on a seamless integration, which is never the truth, with a dedicated handler. To put it plainly, our installation was not pretty. Lots of delays and having to really push to have certain items exported from our former client management system and entered into the proper fields within theirs. Was it worth the headache of making the move, absolutely, however it could have been handled much better in my opinion.

Elijah

FileVine Great for all Users

Bewertet am 28.3.2024

Overall, it's been a great site for a newcomer like me, and making everything easy and organized for all legal documentation.

I appreciate the convenience of using Filevine. As a newcomer to this platform nine months ago, I anticipated it to be complex, but it turned out to be quite straightforward. I particularly like the feature that allows me to modify documents with ease and how simple it is to add new files or restrict access to certain information.

So far I haven't come across any negative points yet on Filvine.

Antwort von Filevine

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your thoughtful review, Elijah! We're thrilled to hear that you appreciate the convenience and ease of use of Filevine, especially for your document organization, management, and editing needs. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to continuing to support you and your firm!

katherine
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Caution! Watch for undisclosed glitches, especially with DocsPlus.

Bewertet am 8.9.2022

One of primary reasons we chose this program over others was because the add-ons Docs Plus and Vine Sign would replace Adobe. It was a little more expensive to do this, but the convenience of doing everything within one program and having it automatically save to the client's file seemed to be worth the added expense. However, it has not worked that way and now we are paying for both.

Most notably, DocsPlus does not correctly convert Word documents to pdf, the editing feature is lousy, and it bates stamped our documents correctly on some pages, but upside down an in the wrong place on others. I have asked for a refund for this portion of the program because it is useless, but FileVine claims that it is somehow my fault that these features do not work. They have yet to show me what I am supposedly doing wrong. In the last meeting with the account manager, we had to tell him how to open a locked document and which icon to click on for editing. I have demanded arbitration over this issue, but they still have not responded. VineSign is useable, but it does not date/time stamp the signature-it only puts a header on the first page of the document.

As a result of these deficiencies, we have to convert and manipulate pdf documents using Adobe, save them into our client files on our server, then move them into FileVine. This has created considerably more work.

It is extremely customizable. There is a suggestion feature for changes to the software.

There are many glitches that were not evident until we started using the program. There is no way to try out the program before purchasing it-you have to rely on the representations made by the sales staff. The only trial offered is for the sales rep to guide you through some of the features for 45 minutes or so.

The add-ons for DocsPlus and VineSign are much lower quality than using Adobe. The "deadline chains" cannot be modified in the client's file and you have to turn off automatic calendaring for many events because you cannot add a time for the event. The calendar syncs with Google, but we do not get the calendar notifications that we get if the event is calendared on Google itself. But if you do that, it does not show up in the client's file.

There is no way to set up automatic reminders that take include both calendar days and court days-it counts only one or the other. We often have deadlines that are based on calendar days, but are extended by a certain number of court days due to the manner of service of the initiating document.

There is no way to assign work that is not associated with a specific project. There is no way to have interoffice communications about phone calls, messages, etc. unless it is set up as a "task" and associated with a specific project. So phone messages that are not specifically related to a particular existing client still have to be handled manually.

Ben

I love Filevine!

Bewertet am 14.12.2023

My overall experience with the system is fantastic and it's helped our firm become light years more efficient than my previous firm.

I love the organization of case notes, text to client, emails to and from the file, organization of meds, doc gen of pleadings and discovery, and much more.

It takes some time to customize it to your specific firm needs.

Lucrecia

The Best Legal Software for Law Firms

Bewertet am 28.3.2024

Reliable, user-friendly, self-taught, unlimited storage, the administrator can add as many tabs as needed, helps keep track with deadlines.

I have worked in three different Law Offices, as a result, I have worked with three different software. If I compare Filevine with the other two software, Filevine is the most user-friendly.

Honestly, so far so good. There are no cons

Antwort von Filevine

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your thoughtful review, Lucrecia. We're thrilled to hear that you've found Filevine to be user-friendly, customizable and reliable compared to previous software providers! We appreciate your feedback and look forward to continuing to support you and your firm!

Ashlynne

Review of Filevine

Bewertet am 28.3.2024

Ease of use, customization of filevine and its functions

sometimes it has a tendency to glitch, but not often enough to affect functionality

Antwort von Filevine

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your review, Ashlynne. We're glad to read that you've benefited from Filevine's ease of use, customization and functionality. We look forward to continuing to support you and your firm!

Monica
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

FV Atorney Review

Bewertet am 28.3.2024

Overall good, pretty intuitive. I like it better.

Overall good, pretty intuitive. I like it better.

Many features that compartmentalizes the information needed for case management.

The Filevine feed is confusing and unorganized.

Antwort von Filevine

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your review, Monica. We're glad to read that you've found benefit in our case management capabilities and find the platform to be intuitive compared to other providers. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to continuing to support you and your firm!

Zack
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Getting better all the time

Bewertet am 28.3.2024

Overall, it has been a positive experience.

Overall, it has been a positive experience.

The consistent improvement and feedback of the product. Filevine has been very open and receptive of our feedback, and are consistently improving Filevine.

In the legal field, we call things "matters" or "cases". The "project" terminology has been difficult to acclimate to.

Antwort von Filevine

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your informative review, Zack. We're so glad that you have found our team to be receptive to feedback and dedicated toward consistent improvement and innovation. We appreciate the feedback and look forward to continuing to grow alongside your firm!

Kimia
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Super easy software to use!

Bewertet am 28.3.2024

What I like most about filevine is the ease of use. It's very easy to navigate client files as well as customize tabs to your own liking.

At this moment there isnt anything that I do not like about Filevine.

Antwort von Filevine

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your thoughtful review, Kimia! We're glad to read that you've found our platform to be easy to use and customizable. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to continuing to support you and your firm!

Spencer

Filevine Review

Bewertet am 28.3.2024

My overall experience with Filevine has been good.

My overall experience with Filevine has been good.

The new AI features, I enjoy using. I think that has given the database a freshness that it didn't have before.

The Task management component to filevine.

Antwort von Filevine

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your review, Spencer. We're glad to read that you've found the AI features to be beneficial. We look forward to continuing to innovate alongside you and your firm!

David

Goodbye server!

Bewertet am 25.2.2021

Filevine has allowed us to be much more nimble in working remotely for all employees, replaced our server, provided increased and accurate communication in our firm on cases, allows us to share parts of the file with clients, allows client communication with text messages, and permits easy customizing to further suit our practice area which is ERISA and disability benefits. In a nutshell, it has been wonderful.

Filevine came along at the right time as we had to attorneys who were working remotely. We had consistent difficulties with our server and of course that made them entirely unproductive. Filevine worked wonderfully in replacing our server and eliminating those growing costs. It is secure user-friendly and honestly the more you use it the more power you see it has. We are now greatly expanding our form letter database although we have been using a number of letters with it for over a year now.

We previously utilized Needles and the reports with Needles were very helpful especially when two or more attorneys worked on the same case. We were able to separate out the attorney time using the Needles reports. Our attorneys are paid based on their productivity and such reports were very beneficial. Filevine does not have those reports but that really is the only negative that we have seen so far.

PracticePanther Legal Software und Clio

Warum Filevine gewählt wurde

Server issues, lack of a good and reliable web based option for Needles. .

Neos

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Filevine

Customization for our practice, task driven functions to reduce attorney time directing many tasks, and demonstrated reliability.
Alison

Time Saver

Bewertet am 18.3.2021

Doc+ is still not as functional and userfriendly. The view of documents and folders. It would be very beneficial to have an option to view all of the documents in the folders and subfolders at one time rather than having to click into each subfolder to see what is in it. This process takes up valuable time.

This software has made it easy for our team members to track daily tasks and team members activities. This software has also helped us to stream line communication on our files which ultimately saves time for the team and the client

I believe Doc plus isn't as functional and easy as it could be. I believe it would be very beneficial to be able to see all the items in docs folders in one view rather than having to click in each individual subfolder

Stephanie

Best Bang for your Buck

Bewertet am 7.9.2021

I am very happy with Filevine. The support staff is one of the best of any company I have ever used. Not only are they tremendously patient, but they are very knowledgeable and happy to help you with any problem that you or your staff are having. They listen to their clients and try to improve the features that the clients are requesting most. If you are considering the change to Filevine, I recommend that you do it - you won't regret it.

Filevine is very easy and is an ideal program for personal injury, especially mass torts. It allows for full customization and you can make different projects for each litigation. It allows you to text directly with the clients, both for their convenience and yours. The information can be placed in multiple sections and it makes it very easy to put pertinent information for your attorneys to use for the cases. You can keep track of all types of information with reports, from which intake sources are working best to what type of cases are currently in your inventory. In addition, I have never had a software that is constantly innovating & improving the way that this does.

I did not have to integrate from another software, but there are hiccups and delays when that becomes necessary. However, that is true any time you switch from one to the other. The new Docs Plus is very useful, although you will still need to keep at least one account for Adobe Acrobat, as all the features are not there. I wish there was a way to delete comments or tasks (for the administrator), as sometimes these are made but there is no way to clean it up.

SmartAdvocate

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Filevine

The versatility and ease of Filevine made the choice very easy for us. It allows my virtual office staff to work seamlessly on their work and with each other. The customization ability made it an ideal choice.
Eric

Customizable & Headache Free

Bewertet am 12.3.2020

I discovered Filevine after using two other case management programs. The first one I tried was fine, but it was too generic for my law practice. The second one I tried was more tailored to my area of law, but it was a headache to learn and lacked any ability to customize the program to work the way I like to work. Enter Filevine. Filevine lets users tailor the program to have features that users want instead of delivering static features that force users to adjuster their workflows to suit the software. The program is easy to use, has a pleasing interface, and the onboarding experience is awesome. I was guided step-by-step through the program so that when I was set loose with the program, I could hit the ground running.

The ability to customize the program so that it works the way you work.

The details I would change are very minor.

Smokeball

Warum Filevine gewählt wurde

Practice Panther was a good product but too generic. Case Peer was extremely difficult to use.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Filevine

I liked the look and feel of Filevine over Smokeball, and the customization capability that Filevine offered is what I was really looking for. I wanted a program that allowed me set up my intake process the way I like it to be, my folder hierarchy the way I like it to be, my deadlines how I want them, etc., etc. Only Filevine offered that.

Antwort von Filevine

Thanks for the review Eric! Filevine is all about giving you the ability to run your practice the way that you've envisioned. Happy to hear that you're loving it!

Joshua
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Next Level Case Management System

Bewertet am 5.4.2021

Amazing business led by innovators in the legal case management space. Always willing to listen to your thoughts and create solutions for your business needs.

The software is limitless. We are able to integrate with multiple platforms without any issues.

Only draw back so far is implementation. With any technology you are going to have a slow down in production to start but we have seen significant benefits once the staff have all been trained.

Litify und Neos

Warum Filevine gewählt wurde

Our firm knew the future of the legal industry was going to be led by technology and decided to take the step early.

Neos

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Filevine

The user interface of filevine and ability to always be able to integrate with other technologies via API.
Mariel

The Best!

Bewertet am 25.2.2021

I lover it!

I lover it!

I love how friendly usage this program is! Very up to date, very new and fresh! I will recommend it to anyone with my eyes closed.

I wish we were able to view CDs like MRIs, X-rays and etc.

SmartAdvocate

Warum Filevine gewählt wurde

Needles was very old and did not fi the need for our office. And Smart advocate was a more NY based program and you couldn't change it.

SmartAdvocate und Neos

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Filevine

It was colorful, not scare to click on things, very friendly, very new!
Jerry

Functional and Reliable

Bewertet am 4.5.2021

The system has been very beneficial for our purposes. We have not fully implemented and utilized the billing and settlement features.

The Filevine Software was integrated into our law practice with all the modifications we needed. It provides features that allow us to maintain all our client information in one system with designated users. This software even allows us to fax, text and receive messages from clients, providers and others through our mailroom feature. It is truly an innovative expandable package with good technical support for any purpose.

Integration into our business was an extended process requiring our personal involvement. The least likeable feature thus far is the import of external files from outside the system.

Tyler
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

review

Bewertet am 18.3.2020

I like it. But it isn't a perfect 10 product.

I like it. But it isn't a perfect 10 product.

that the system does update, that the company does work on it.

its isn't as user friendly as it could be with changing things about the practice areas. it does take a significant amount of work to dig into the weeds to figure out how to auto-generate documents.

MyCase, Slack und Clio

Warum Filevine gewählt wurde

I was looking for more versatility.

Clio

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Filevine

versatiilty, reports, and the idea that the software would change over time.
Adam
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great software; billing needs help

Bewertet am 22.4.2021

FileVine has been a vital addition to our company and we love it!

FileVine has been a vital addition to our company and we love it!

The ease of use is by far the nicest aspect of the software. I also like how frequently the product is improved and new features are added.

As a law firm, the billing, timekeeping, and invoicing could use more flexibility like the rest of the software; i.e. being able to export as an excel spreadsheet or word document; allow for more malleability with tracking dollars and hours and utilizing those factors in reporting; being able to view by hours or by dollars. Etc.

Drenna

Excellent Product That Can Take you Anywhere you Need to Go

Bewertet am 30.3.2021

The benefits are that everything is within our reach in the project. I appreciate the many tabs that can be created for what ever we need. The avenues are endless with Filevine.

Filevine is so simple to use and we appreciate the ability to create projects for anything the firm needs. I particularly like the report builder.

Sometimes there are glitches but for the most part it is a quality dependable product. Support is always ready and able to resolve any issue we may encounter.

Robert
  • Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Excellent So Far

Bewertet am 29.9.2020

The Filelvine training and transition is extremely well organized. The customer support is exceptional. They are proactive and knowledgeable and pleasant. The resources are endless and on point and readily available and they understand how to communicate and train busy lawyers and staff.

Basically Filevine is the New England Patriots in their prime and TrialWorks is the Cleveland Browns at their worse.

Its is extremely well organized with advanced capabilities that exceed TrialWorks by a great margin. The customer support is night and day. TrialWork was a cluster fudge. Filevine is like the extremely well run and proactive and knowledgeable and pleasant.

Nothing so far. The customer service is excellent - and nothing we have encountered so far is anything less.

Gail
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use, tons of features, and customizable!

Bewertet am 6.4.2021

We had a pretty robust program in place before it had some deficiencies and needed to be updated. FileVine allows us to text our clients from the program which has been a great feature to have. We are also taking advantage of the faxes through FileVine and those go straight in/out of the program or even the matter. That allows for much quicker sending, saving and "filing" of the fax.

There are so many great features in FileVine. The program is customizable to suit your needs. They are constantly updating the program and adding new features or adding enhancements to make the existing features work better. Customer support is easy to reach and quick to respond. We really like the fact that we can text our clients from inside the program and it's saved to their matter. This allows us more flexibility to communicate with our clients in a manner that they choose. It has also been good for sending out quick reminders about appointments. FileVine listens to their customers, evaluates the feedback and determines if they can make updates to make the user's life is easier. We've suggested several things that we've seen come to life inside the program, making it better each time!

It's not really a negative, but just be prepared that implementation does take a little bit of time so you should be patient. Part of that is based on the user's timeline and when they have the shell set up as they want it. Then any existing data has to be imported into a test area, reviewed and then imported in the live program. So the process will move quicker or slower depending on how much time you dedicate to it and how much data you are pulling over (and maybe in what format it comes in).

Aside from that, there are features that I feel should be in place and I've submitted several and seen them come to life. The one area I wish we could streamline is Deadline Chains. Some of what we use that for is an actual event / appointment and then tracking all the items that need to take place prior to that appointment. While the deadline chain will put the event on the calendar, it puts it on as an all day event. (You can hide it from the calendar if you wish.) So I have to go back and enter a calendar event with the actual time. Then any time that event is postponed I have to change the data in two places. It would be nice if I could stop the duplicate entry.

• Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Filevine: The perfect system for hands on users that want flexibility in their system

Bewertet am 20.11.2023

Filevine is designed for hands on users that want flexibility in their system. The shipped product is rough, but fully customizable for your work flows. Plan to invest significant time on the front end determining how you want your system to work

Initially, the data import from a prior system did not go well. I was an early user and the company had "growing pains." Since then, my system works well.

Smokeball und Clio

AbacusLaw
Patrick

Essential for Our Practice

Bewertet am 8.9.2021

Filevine combines all of the task management and creation, file note taking, document storage and management into one easily accessible program. The fact that you can access this from any phone or computer is amazing. Keeping track of your clients and your tasks is so much easier and at your fingertips with Filevine.

The calendar feature could be broadened and made easier. It feels like an afterthought and we don't really even use it. The deadline chain is clunky and not very versatile. We use it but it could use some updates and improving.

Kevin

Efficiency

Bewertet am 30.4.2021

I am able to manage more cases as an attorney because of this software and live a less stressful life.

I like the way this softwares allows you to pull reports to your liking and allows you to cutimize the reports. I am a big fan of the mobile app. Simply things like being able to text from the software is a huge help and lastly the interface is amazing.

I would like it to be easier to edit documents right from FV , but maybe there is a way and I am not sure of it.