Grants Network

Fördermittelmanagement für staatliche, lokale und ethnische Regierungen

4,4 /5 (152 Bewertungen) Eine Bewertung verfassen!
4,4
Branche: Bildungsmanagement

No Missed Opportunities

Bewertet am 11.2.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

My department was barely treading water with about $200,000 in grant awards per year. In the past three years we have increased our awards and now manage about $1.3 million annually. eCivis delivers - it is that simple.

Prior to subscribing to eCivis I was searching endless websites and grant giving foundations. It is daunting to search EVERYTHING. I compiled a long list of funders to search year after year in the hopes of being able to apply for a grant with enough time to complete the application. Most of the time I was already past the deadline or only had a few days to complete the application. eCivis changed all that - I no longer search the internet I get up to date grant openings that fit my requirements and this allows me the time to put together the appropriate team members and complete the application on time.

I work for a relatively small school district with 15,000 students so I am the Grants Department. eCivis has huge capability for cities, universities, etc... managing dozens of huge grants all at the same time. The software is sophisticated for large grant management needs and is too much for my smaller needs. I rely on eCivis for finding grant opportunities that I would not find otherwise.

Sarah D.
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

I am a grant writer and I love this program.

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

1. Ability to research grants and access the necessary details. 2. Store all documents in one location and share access to those documents with only the appropriate people.

I like the grant search functions but most importantly the grant tracking from beginning to end. I've been writing grants for 30 years, back before the internet, so I really understand and appreciate all this program does to help find and manage grants. The tutorials are short and to the point so when I need to learn about a function I have immediate access to learn how to do it. Having the ability to track and report with reminders of deadlines is one of the most valuable features in my mind especially in larger organizations that are juggling the management/compliance of many grants. For a large organization the cost of this software replaces a staff position that would cost as much but I'm convinced would be less efficient and likely more exposed to more errors. I would like to see eCivis come up with a smaller, affordable, simplified version (i.e. less bells & whistles) for small non-profits that just need to manage a handful of grants. Grant searching, writing and managing the grant really cut into programmatic responsibilities for these smaller organizations.

I don't really dislike anything about this software. From time-to-time I have thoughts of little things I wish were done differently or they would add but they haven't been important enough to keep record of.

Eric C.

Grants Network

Bewertet am 13.11.2014
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Overall a good deal of customization would be required to add significant value to the process wherein grants are currently being centrally tracked. Still, eCivis adds a friendly windows format and a means for different departments to access their grants.

The "Grant" and "Project" concepts theoretically mirror the County's, but there seem to be a number of mis-matches, i.e., fields that might belong in Projects are in Grants, and vice-versa. Certain fields that exist, such as defining the total amount available, do not seem to be as relevant, as other potentially useful fields which are not captured at all (e.g. Commissioners Court dates, FTEs, ability to track award budgets at the object level, among others)

The grant library does not seem to be updated with many of the grants that the County applies for, and the process of adding them to the Library is time-consuming and eCivis seems to rely on the County to document this. Search fields are not matched well to the County's specific needs: for example, there are two fields for Health -- Prevention, and Research. The County's need is mostly Public Health, and there is no field for that. Further, it would be helpful to have sub-fields within broad categories such as Public Health (Epidemiology, Family Planning, HIV-AIDS, WIC, etc).

eCivis features a tool to send emails periodically on new grant opportunities, not unlike tools already in use such as grants.gov. The tool allows for some customization, but many of the hits that come back are extraneous. Still, this has been the most popular feature of eCivis to date.

I've kept this fairly short, but where many of the features could be critiqued, the overall comment is that eCivis is not a bad system, and could be a good system for less complicated jurisdictions. Short of that, a good deal of customization would need to be added, or the grant tracking module significantly revamped to address more than basic needs.

Tara P.
Branche: Museen & Institutionen
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

We use eCivis to search and apply for grants we normally could not find on our own.

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

An easy way to research grant opportunities in one safe and secure location.

eCivis is an easy to use software that allows us the opportunity to research and apply for grants. Each grant is broken down to a concise summary that gives users the opportunity to review the grant to determine if they are eligible to apply. Users should review the grant's NOFO for more details, but users don't have to feel like they are wasting time by reviewing pages of a NOFO to find out they are not eligible to apply.

The search engine requires the user to be specific with its search requests. We work at a nonprofit museum and are looking for funding of restoration projects, museum collection assistance, and group tours, but sometimes when searching through eCivis it becomes difficult to find the required grants. We have been looking for restoration and preservation grants for buildings and items, but the search engine provides grants for paintings or other art related pieces.

Kai W.
Untern. Größe: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

The eCivis System helps with locating potential grants that we would have discovered after the fact

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

The software allow the search criteria to take in several fields to search for the grants. It can search for several grants categorically and by the entities providing grant opportunities. It allows the users to save their grant search criteria for several tropics so the users don't need to recreate the search criteria .

The software is also being develop where the information can be retained for each grants that was applied for and awarded. It makes a great tracking system instead of maintaining several spreadsheet to track all of the grants.

Navigating and trying to figure where everything is located. Even during training, I got lost of which tabulation that the trainer was in. It is easy once I figured out where everything is.

Rebecca L.
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Cloud-based management lets me access my grant files from anywhere.

Bewertet am 27.6.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Ease of use, single source for grants from beginning (prospecting and application) to end (grant management and closure), online platform accessible from anywhere, ability for multiple users, and great customer service.

The thing I like most is that I can access my files even when not at my desk. Once I got the hang of using the system (the online video tutorials were really helpful), it has become a handy tool for keeping my grant management files organized. I also utilize the grant search functions on a weekly basis. I like that I can set up search alerts for specific words and topics. I've also had excellent experience with customer service. Each time I've had a question or concern, they have responded to my inquiry right away and resolved the issue quickly. Overall, it's been nice to have a single tool to search for grants, manage applications, and manage awarded grants all in one place.

The only thing I wish was a little better was the geographic filter on the grant search function. I still get a lot of grants pop up in my searches that are not available in my state or region.

Linda burke D.

Grant Writers Resource

Bewertet am 18.4.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

In my opinion, eCIVIS , rather than solving business problems, presents our non-profit with opportunities to find additional funds to continue to provide high quality services which help individuals with Down syndrome become as independent as possible.

eCIVIS allows me to search for grants that are beyond the usual local foundations with which we partner. We actually have found a few new grantors, who share our commitment to persons living with Down syndrome and were willing to give us a grant. The format provides easy access to information about specific grant opportunities. Within just a few minutes, it is possible to determine if our organization is eligible to apply for a grant. The inclusion of grant guidelines tells me if this is an opportunity we should pursue. The selection of grants presented gives me a good idea of the trends among grantmakers. Using eCIVIS is always a positive experience.

The only negative is that eCIVIS lists just a few grant opportunities relevant to our organization. Just kidding, of course. What grant writer wouldn't like a huge list of grant possibilities specific to their cause?

Bashar D.
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Customer service is great--Anthony Torres is amazing.

Bewertet am 6.4.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Stay organized and on track with inter departmental tasks. Keeps documents in one place and easy to find.

It's ease of use--very straightforward. I like the tasks and workflow features--they are very useful internally and make eliminate all the paper between departments. Tracking it and the time it's in a department is great too.

Scheduling reports takes too long. I think "simple tasks" should actually be simple. The scheduled report feature should be easier and all report should be camped under one or two folders in the eCivis documents section. There's no point is seeing a thousand different folders for various reports, as long as dates of reports are maintained. For example, we only need 1 folder for Progress Reports and 1 folder for FFRs.

Greg T.
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

eCivis has allowed me to focus more on writing grants, than searching for grants.

Bewertet am 3.4.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I have more time to do other than things than search for grants and read grants that are dead ends.

I no longer have to scour the internet looking for grant opportunities; eCivis does that for me. There is nothing worse than finding a great grant opportunity, but then to learn that you have one week to complete the application. eCivis informs me of these same great opportunities the day they come along which allows me the time to complete them. Besides informing as they come along, they also find grants that I would never have found on my own.

The grant management side of the software is prepared to take on every contingency possible. Because of this ability, it is pretty complicated to navigate. If you are working for a city or university, then the management side of this software would be much more helpful than for a small school district like me. However, even for a small school district, this software is still well worth it.

Martha S.
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

I have been using Grants Network for years and have found it a very reliable source for grants.

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I can do both a very focused email, and I can do a broader brush email of grant opportunities. I read both and can then either click on the link to eCivis for a quick overview, or I can go directly to the grantor site for specific information regarding the opportunity. This saves me time and trouble looking through countless opportunities to find those of most interest to my organization.

Grants Network makes my job almost too easy. Other than that, I really cannot find anything I do not like about this software.

Cindy L.
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

I wish the process was a little more user-friendly as often, there is little time for data entry.

Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt
Bewertet am 6.4.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I completely LOVE the ability to search for grants and some of the resources attached. The research capability is the MAIN reason we have not totally stopped using eCivis. This is a wonderful tool and a much appreciated benefit.

for me, it isn't as user friendly as I thought it would be, which in turn, led me to not be using it to the fullest capacity I could have been. With little time on our hands for data entering, etc... trying to wend my way through the process of the system became a little cumbersome. I also was not extremely comfortable with the fact that more often than not, the current grant opportunities that I was aware of in our part of the country were either 1) not updated from previous years or 2) not there at all. Further, when I sent information to eCivis for them to enter it into the system (they do a better job at that than I do on my own because of the not-so-user-friendly process) it took longer than was conducive to what I needed. I would be working on a grant opportunity, ask for it to be entered into eCivis, and weeks later, I would receive a notice that it was entered...most often way after the grant had been submitted, awarded, etc...

Dorian G.
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Great management tool and easy to use.

Bewertet am 30.3.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Save on time when creating reports.

Search engine and organization of eCivis is beneficial to me at the moment. Being able to create a report with a few clicks is great.

Need to have a better step by step guide for user (stages of each process to do). pre-award, receiving and post-award.
Need more fields that can mirror City of Miami financial system Oracle.
Need to be able to run a report for grant writers (check productivity) grants awarded/submitted.
Some programs have goals already so it is double work inputting goals in eCivis and on program site.

Weiterempfehlungsquote: 8.0/10

Gary W.
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

A helpful software to help 501c3 non-profits!

Bewertet am 25.5.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I have been a part of a team that has used Ecivis off and on for the past several years. We have been assigned a (human) contact anytime we have questions, concerns, and etc. This is a great feature by itself. We also receive weekly and monthly grant updates, which makes it a more manageable experience to find grants. We have used other grant-seeking programs, and this trumps the others by far due to the variety of grant opportunities! Last but not least, because we are located in a county that has been given access to use Ecivis for free.

Occasionally, when the information gets sent out via email, there is a lot of grant detail (in really small print) that tires the eyes. You can still get around this by logging in to your account, but it can still be difficult when viewing on a mobile device.

Felipe P.
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Using eCivis for grant research has been a fantastic no-hassle experience.

Bewertet am 27.3.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Above all else, ease of usage is the most beneficial aspect of the eCivis system. The interface is simple, clean, and effective in communicating the most important aspects of grants to users, making the searching process one which is relatively painless and improving the efficiency of narrowing down eligible grants.

The overall visual look is rather plain, but this is a small nitpick, as the efficiency of the system overall negates the need for a flashy visual appeal.

Melissa D.
Branche: Schreiben & Editieren
Untern. Größe: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Mediocre Product with a High Price Tag

Bewertet am 3.8.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

It did give easy access to government funding profiles without having to log into each government agency's sites. It could all be done in one place. I did also like that I could search across multiple agencies for one common concept.

I couldn't always find what I was looking for, and it was incredibly, incredibly expensive. I am a small freelance grantwriter working for a variety of clients and I could not get a membership to access the site myself. I only had access through one of my non-profit clients. When that access ended, so did my experience with Grants Network. The non-profit was unwilling to pay the high price tag for a research site, and I couldn't pay for myself (Grants Network rule, not mine).

Weiterempfehlungsquote: 1.0/10

Aelena S.
Untern. Größe: 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Being able to filter the grant search and receive a Summary of the RFPs makes work life much easier.

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Surveyed on the purchased software, which is very beneficial.

What I like about the eCivic software is having the RFP Summarized. This is very time and cost effective for our Department. It also, helps we see others interpretation of different components on the solicitation.

The time the summary is posted; however, it's very understandable because the RFPs consist of several pages.

David G.
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

The most thorough, timely, and comprehensive listing of available grants that I have seen.

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Daily updates on availability of potential grants.

The software is very easy to use. It provides all the necessary information about potential grants. The synopsis presented in the listing makes it easy to review the list to find those grants that would pertain to my department's needs.

I believe an improvement to the software would include partitioning the list of grants into categories, such as :legal, social services, libraries, environmental, etc.

Megan O.
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Beneficial to my purposes, easy to understood and to use. Clear display of all information.

Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Quick and easy access to multiple grant opportunities relevant to the parameters I was searching within.

Easy use of search parameters and quick results provided. I'm new to the system and it was easy to learn and utilize, and provided me a lot of options while I was looking for grants for that initial project I needed it for. I like the ease of use and how informative the postings are once you get to them and being able to refer to them later made life easier while trying to track which to apply for, and which I'd already ruled out.

The only real con I have is the number of emails I received by eCivis and even that wasn't really too intrusive, and sometimes I found the information to be helpful regarding using the tool in the future. Overall, I think it's a good product and I'm still new to using it so I haven't identified any serious flaws that have prevented me from using it.

Weiterempfehlungsquote: 8.0/10

Branche: Hochschulbildung
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

I use it everyday multiple times for different reasons.

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

The different features of grants management. I like having that in the same place as I do my grant searches. Also, I like the ability to email solicitations directly to staff and mail groups.

None at this time. I have never had an issue with it and use it every day. None of the other users in the district have mentioned any issues with it either.

Jean M.

Grant Research

Bewertet am 16.9.2015
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

The Palm Beach County Parks and Recreation Department has utilized eCivis over the past several years to research grant opportunities. Our Department applies for over $2 million in capital grant funding annually, and this service has allowed us to expand our search beyond our standard development grants to programming grants as well as funding opportunities that are available only non-profits. The Department has successfully established 'Friends of' groups at our three nature centers, and we are looking to partner with these groups as well as other outside non-profits to expand our ability to apply for additional capital and programming grants.

eCivis offers several excellent features. The ability to research a grantor's past funding history allows our staff to determine whether a grantor's mission aligns with your proposed project. eCivis also sends a daily email which lists new grant opportunities as well as updates. The updates have been extremely beneficial, as often a second round of funding is advertized mid-cycle and our staff might not be aware of the new cycle if it weren't for the notification. When available, eCivis also includes past grant applications in their entirety, which is helpful in reviewing applications which have previously received funding. I would highly recommend eCivis to organizations interested in pursuing grant funding.

Sylvia O.
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

eCivis has made searching for grant opportunities significantly more efficient.

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I like how each grant page summarizes the most important details of each grant opportunity. It is very helpful when there is a previously awarded application.

The post-award side of the software have not been as user friendly as the pre-award, but that may be because our organization is still learning how to best use post-award capabilities.

Lois H.
Untern. Größe: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Great site to do Grant Research and find grants

Bewertet am 29.3.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I like the fact it is easy to use and when I have a specific grant I need to research the software makes it easy to do.

I really have no issue with the software.

Tina P.
Branche: Bildungsmanagement
Untern. Größe: 51-200 Mitarbeiter
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

I have been using ECivis for years. I am able to research and find potential funding easily.

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I have found funding to support our Early Childhood programs. I have suggested it to others, and even send links to others for potential funding sources.

Ease of use. I can easily switch from searching for a grant, to learning more about potential funders. I love how I can connect to their websites through ECivis.

Grants that are past the submit deadlines are still shown in searches. I would prefer to only see current available funding sources.

Kailee W.
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

I have had all positive experiences with eCivis.

Bewertet am 2.4.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Able to find grants all in one location, which is very helpful.

I like that I am able to pinpoint the types of grants I am looking for. I like that I can email through the system to users that do not have eCivis. I like the reminder task notification emails.

I don't really have any cons. Our city only uses the pre-award portion, which I have found to be very easy to use.

Daisy B.

User friendly!

Monatlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

With most grant software I was unable to have other people work on them. There was always an issue about who would do what and when the project would be completed. With this program I am able to have multiple users registered in one grant project. There I can assign a specific task to someone and can go back and see the progress that has been made to it. This has helped greatly because we have a team of three that usually works on the same grant.

One of the issues that I have been experiencing is getting the search agent that I hae emailed to me to give me the appropriate grants that I am looking for. I have made specific change sin the filter area but I still get grant notifications that are not relevant to what the organization and does. Therefore, I cannot apply and it just gives me more work to do because I have to filter through the grants that should have already been filtered by the program. If there were more options when creating the search engine agent I think it would give more accurate results and create a better search.

Weiterempfehlungsquote: 5.0/10