Bento for Business

Kavindu Githsara
  • Branche: E-Learning

Empowering Your Business with Bento for Business

Bewertet am 23.1.2023

Overall, Bento for Business has been a valuable asset for our organization. Its ability to track and manage all of our company's expenses in one platform, ability to customize fields and forms, and powerful reporting capabilities have greatly improved our expense management.

As a user of Bento for Business within my organization, I have found it to be a versatile and user-friendly expense management software. One of the greatest advantages of this software is its ability to track and manage all of our company's expenses in one platform. From employee expenses, credit card transactions, to invoices and receipts, Bento for Business provides a seamless experience for our team and our customers. Bento for Business's reporting capabilities are robust and provide valuable insights into our expense data, which has helped us to make data-driven decisions. It has ability to customize fields and forms to fit our company's specific needs. This has been especially useful in terms of tracking and managing our expenses, and setting up custom expense categories.

There is nothing to complain so far. We haven't face any issues with the softwere.

Jennifer
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

A great and flexible option for employee spending

Bewertet am 28.10.2021

More than anything, Bento has saved so much time that we used to spend processing receipts and reimbursements.

It was very easy to set up, implement, and integrate with our existing systems. The card spending controls offer a great way to give out cards to a wide range of employees without having to worry about the financial risk of giving traditional company credit cards out to so many people. The auto re-load from our bank account ensures that there are always enough funds available in our Bento account. The app also offers an easy way for employees to upload receipts on the spot.

Sometimes it takes up to 2 weeks for new cards ordered to arrive in the mail, but other than that, I really don't have any complaints about the software.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

PEX

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Bento for Business

I can't remember exactly which other products we considered, but I remember going with Bento because they offered a free trial period to try it out, and their pricing across the board seemed the most reasonably.
Heather
  • Branche: Maschinerie
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

I would not recommend...

Bewertet am 12.3.2021

The software/company was obviously pretty new considering you would contact the same two people every time you reached out to customer service. They were as helpful as they could have been with what they had to work with.

I liked the price and the ease of getting started with it. Making funding deposits into the system was easy and fast.

Perhaps it just didn't fit quite right for what we needed it for. We were using it to award monthly incentive bonuses to our technicians. The issue I kept having was that I would update the amount they currently had on their debit card to include the new months' amount but half the time it would make me put it down to $10.00 and save then go in again and enter the correct amount. And sometimes it wouldn't save it. A few times I had to go through all of my records and cross-reference them with the statements showing what the technicians had spent, and correct their balances. It was ridiculous. It would have been nice if the software kept a record of keypunches so you could go back in the history and see what didn't save.

Megan

Bento For Business Review

Bewertet am 21.2.2017

We are a small construction company who specializes in maintenance of apartment buildings. Our crew used to buy materials everyday for jobs and come into office for re-reimbursement checks every couple days. Now they are not loosing time in the field and book keeper isn't having to stop in the middle of something to review receipts and cut a check.
We have also seen saving in 'returns'.. with crew using cards refunds are issued to the cards, not given in cash.
The tagging feature allows job cost tracking at a quick glimpse as well.
Controlling spend limits etc is great and if needing adjusting (i.e. a larger purchase) can be done in seconds and the crew in the field then immediately can use card with the change.
I would like to see a quicker fund load when doing a bank transfer and a larger transfer limit, but otherwise no complaints!

Time and money saving, great control of spending from anywhere, snap shot of job costs thanks to 'tag' feature.

Would like a quicker transfer time or loads from bank and a larger limit per day in transfers.

Julie
  • Branche: Umweltdienstleistungen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Great product for our business

Bewertet am 19.1.2017

As an administrator, I am able to assist our local or traveling employees at the office on my desktop, or at home from the app. Easy to make any adjustment (in real-time, no delay) to any users daily/weekly/monthly allowance and spending category, or turn off the card if lost, stolen, or for misuse. Reports are easily downloaded for monthly reconciliation.

Ease of use at office or home. Immediate access and ability to adjust a users funds, categories, or turn the card off. Report is simple to download for monthly reconciliation process. Users can see their limits quickly via app.

Antwort von Bento for Business

Thanks Julie for taking the time to share your thoughts on Bento. We really appreciate your support and kind words. If there's anything that I can do to help you, please feel free to reach out to me. Thank you!

Katie
  • Branche: Unterhaltung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Makes My Job So Much Easier!

Bewertet am 8.2.2017

Before we found Bento, the whole "petty cash" for over 50 employees who travel extensively was the bane of my existence! Now, with Bento, everything is so easy. I have full control of how much each employee has at their fingertips; where and when they can use it; and best feature of all, turn them off altogether if not needed for a period of time. The customer service has been extraordinary, truthfully. I have always gotten an actual person any time I've called, and 100% follow up with every question I've had. I recommend this company with absolute confidence.

Everything

I have no complaints at all about anything on the Bento software. The easiest part of my job by far.

Michele
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste

Bento is the BEST!

Bento cards have simplified our business spending immensely
We can now offer company credit cards...

Bento cards have simplified our business spending immensely
We can now offer company credit cards to our employees as one of their benefits
All cards are immediately controllable and suspendible if lost or stolen or upon termination
Spending limits allow for control of funds and restriction of categories
The customer service can't be beat! They will work until it is solved and never leave you hanging!

The only negatives would be to have an integration with QuickBooks, which is in the works, and international purchasing ability-also in the works!

Functionality and ease of use
Customer Service-Senam is outstanding!

No international coverage or accounting integration

melba

Everything early

Bewertet am 19.4.2020

I am solving the fact that i will not lise any money from fraud on my books and i can track spending account.

I like to track my company's spending and notice if anything not calculated properly i will know right away if the books is off

There is no cons with bento everything works as it says and helps from losing money with this app you save from loss

Lorena
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

The best business card ever!

Bewertet am 13.2.2017

Our company has been transformed with these new Bento cards. We no longer have to worry about cash being unaccounted for. The best part is that our crew members can take pictures of their receipts and upload them into their Bento app on the spot! Every penny is accounted for and our year end accounting is so much easier! Thank you Bento for making our crew member's expenses electronic and easy to organize.

We are able to link receipts to each transaction

One thing I would suggest improving is to allow us to use our own categories that can match our accounting software or link it to our Quickbooks. I was not able to do this last year (2016) and have not looked to see if I am able to do this now - maybe a newsletter if this issue has been fixed?

Nicholas
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Bento is an asset to my business!

Bewertet am 22.7.2016

We've been with Bento since the beginning and now issue every employee a company card because Bento gives me full control of how and when the card is used. Wouldn't think of running a business without Bento.

Ease of use, total control, reports, email alerts

Can't automatically download transactions into Quickbooks, transactions have to be manually entered which can be time consuming.

Nicole

Bewertet am 4.12.2018

We have loved using this program for the past 3 years. It has been a tremendous asset to our business

I like that I can easily limit where, when and how much each employee can use.

The category options for access could be a little better defined (or maybe offer subcategories)

Carlos
  • Branche: Logistik & Lieferkette

Best Assistant to My Growing Business

Bewertet am 9.2.2017

I love it!! We have a growing business and this has helped me better manage our expenses. In my logistics business it was hard to keep track of what my drivers needed on the road and getting ready for work. But with Bento they all have a card that they are able to use for expenses and I am able to keep track of everything now. I can even print a report with Bento for my accountant for this upcoming tax session. Best investment I have made starting my business.

Easy and accessible

Wait time for money transfer

Harry
  • Branche: Immobilien
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great startup doing innovative things for business expenses

Bewertet am 10.2.2017

Really like the platform, the staff are super helpful and polite too.

I'd like to see more...

Really like the platform, the staff are super helpful and polite too.

I'd like to see more progress on reporting and a statement function. Overall please keep up the good work.

Ease of access and simple to use

I cant see a daily balance or monthly end balance so I can't reconcile properly.

Shazia
Shazia
  • Branche: Konsumgüter
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

Horrible Customer Service

Bewertet am 15.6.2023

I found out it extremely disrespectful that your Rep have an attitude speaking to a customer. I found it uncalled for when neither one of the Reps send us any follow up email responding to my questions. I'm new to my business as well as new learning about Per Diem Credit Cards. I was trying to gather information about their business to update my higher ups. They said they would get back to me about some information, which I never received. There was no follow up call or emails. I found it extremely disappointing, and I was treated like I didn't know what I was asking. I found their reps condescending and rude. I was doing my best to learn about their business.

None...I liked what the debit card had to offer for our business but their sales rep did it for me. I will not be moving forward w/them.

Their Customer Service Support Team. They are somewhat disrespectful especially when an individual was trying to learn about what Bento has to offer.

Dennis
  • Branche: Versicherung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Best thing I have ever done for the business. It has help me keep control of the expenses by...

Bewertet am 7.6.2017

Simple to use if you have a problem there is always someone there to help. You are able to see every min. how it is being used and where.

Mckinley
  • Branche: Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr

Great service

Bewertet am 9.2.2017

These cards have really help my company save money,time and gas industry have told others about bento

You can manage your cards limits

Customer service

Dennis
  • Branche: Immobilien

A few improvements suggested

Bewertet am 22.2.2017

The software provides a beneficial service. However it could be better in a few ways. Firstly it REALLY would be better if users could have monthly statements! Especially if they could show daily balances on them. Secondly, it would be better if there could be users assigned to different departments/divisions. Currently we have to have two (2) different Bento accounts to keep them separated.

It allows us to let employees have access to funds when they don't have a company credit card. Pus we have been able to blocker certain users and certain types of transactions as advertised.

Needs monthly statements with end of month totals. Need to be able to divide users by department or division.

Brian
  • Branche: Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr

Highly recommend!

Bewertet am 8.2.2017

I use Bento to control our employees spending account for fuel, and other daily travel costs and it is the best source we found after trying several other options.

Takes too long for funds to load

Bailey

Great Credit Card Option for Business

Bewertet am 21.2.2017

This has been a great option to allow some of our employees to have access to a credit card, but with control over the spending. It's easy to use, & a great value for the money. Bento for Business has been a helpful tool for this small business.

Ease of use.

I wish it connected directly with Quickbooks. I also wish the deposit time for funds was quicker.

maia
  • Branche: Computer-Software

Awesome for employee benefits

Bewertet am 14.2.2017

We use Bento to manage our employee benefits: employees get a card with an amount every week and their use is restricted to categories. I know Bento is limited the the categorizations they receive from credit card companies, but it would be nice if there was more refinement on exactly what was allowed to be purchased.

Giving employees their own debit card feels official and is much easier for them to manage than expense reports

We can only specify types of businesses that they can use - not types of products they can buy

Minnetta
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Bento Cards make business life easier

Bewertet am 8.2.2017

This is a great solution to avoid paying out petty cash. It makes month end reconciliations so much easier. The employees find the solution easier than submitting expense reports for reimbursement. They turn in their receipts regularly and we balance to the Bento online account. Great solution for small to medium businesses.

Can track the expenditures up to the minute online.

Sometimes transactions disappear after reconciliation, so have to dig through and find out what happened.

Kate

Bento is THE business tool you need to succeed in small business!

Bewertet am 25.5.2016

If you are a small business owner who likes to follow the same philosophy of "less debt" in business as you do in your personal life, Bento is a fantastic tool to help you stick to a budget! When I realized the benefits of not using credit cards a few years back in my personal life, I wanted to also follow that same philosophy in my business. Bento allows me to do just that and I can't be happier about my choice. Thanks, Bento! You're a remarkable tool for my business!

Antwort von Bento for Business

Thanks Kate! We are seeing more businesses express your same wisdom and move away from credit cards to Bento's prepaid business SMART cards. I'm happy that Bento is living up to your high expectations. We really appreciate the kind words and review. Thanks for being a valued Bento customer!

Jason
  • Branche: Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus

Bento Rocks!

Bewertet am 21.2.2017

Bento has saved our organization countless hours of reconciling receipts and tracking employee spending. Our employees love it because they don't have to spend their money and wait for reimbursement and the card and smartphone app are easy to use. Any time we've had questions or issues they're resolved in minutes. The online chat function for support is GREAT!

Ease of use. Phenomenal customer support. Fair Pricing.

No support on the weekends.

Ruth
  • Branche: Religiöse Einrichtungen

Bento Card

Bewertet am 8.2.2017

Having the Bento Card has helped us streamline our processes and made it easier for members in different departments make their purchases without delay. We always have a record of charges, even when a receipt is lost...having this card is a win win!

Lesli
  • Branche: Fotografie

Great product

Bewertet am 13.2.2017

Bento has been a lifesaver after three similar programs through my bank were discontinued. I was so tired of having issues with cancelled cards and not being able to access the money or add more easily. Bento has been great for my remote employees across the country that need access to money.

Ease of use and continuity of service

You can't specify a certain amount of money total (not monthly) for each employee