SimpleMDM Erfahrungen

Sortieren nach

• Branche: Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge

Great device management tool

Bewertet am 6.10.2020

SimpleMDM has been a lifesaver to manage our large amount of devices deployed to customers.

SimpleMDM has been a fantastic tool to use to manage the thousand of devices we have deployed in the field.
The features to customize the different components required for our deployment are amazing. SimpleMDM offers great visibility, device management and device control.

Nothing really to complain about the software. Customer support has been responsive to all our queries, which are usually related to third parties changing device's features.

Jeanne

Easy Mobile Device Management

Bewertet am 21.12.2022

Really good, it does everything we need, I've been happy with the software.

Really good, it does everything we need, I've been happy with the software.

SimpleMDM was easy to set up and easy to use. When I have a questions someone always gets back to me with an answer.

sometimes I wish I could get support on the phone rather than email.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SimpleMDM

It was recommended to me by the Blue Collar Nerd on Your Tube.
Chad
  • Branche: Großhandel
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

It's a solid product, but a few small changes would make it awesome.

Bewertet am 13.7.2017

It's cheaper than mobileIron or Airwatch. Mostly, this allows us to more easily manage DEP enrolled iOS devices.

Cheap, intuitive, basic features are very easy to use. Support is quick to respond and offers helpful advice/solutions.

To be awesome:
For the love of god fix your UI - please....
The Groups should be collapsible. Exports should be able to contain everything (the group field is missing) and there's no filter/modification/selection on group view. Also, nothing can be copied, so multiple similar groups have to be created and then re-created by hand.

To be better than awesome (better than Airwatch/MobileIron):
The only big things we'd love to see is more control over user rights in order to assign tech staff to manage SimpleMDM without full access to all of the SimpleMDM, filter access to device groups, filter access to SimpleMDM controls/device commands.
The addition of file management on the iOS platform? That is, let us push files to the device for their ibooks or icloud drive environment.
Also, a backup via simplemdm to grab txts, contacts, pictures, etc... when moving a user to new hardware?
Sync to AD - pull in user data to be assigned to the device (email, contact information, etc...) Allow sending messages to a whole group instead of just one device at a time.
Allow the enabling of "Automatic" updates when new versions of iTunes Store applications are available to users.

Antwort von PDQ

Thanks for providing your feedback, Chad. We have taken it into account. The devices view has been updated to solve the problems you mentioned. We've also added admin permission classes, the ability to message groups of devices in one action, and automatic app updates. Thank you for your continued business!

Douglas
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

The best management option for our mobile workforce

Bewertet am 30.6.2016

Our company sells customer loyalty software and services. Our most popular product is a mobile app and iPad combination that retailers place at their registers, allowing these retailers to incentivize their customers to shop with them often. The service we offer is fully managed, meaning we develop the software, deploy and maintain the iPads running the software, and handle all other service and maintenance activities. We currently manage in the neighborhood of 750 devices.

We initially used Apple Configurator for our management platform and later moved to Cisco Meraki. After continued issues with their buggy platform, I began an in-depth process of reviewing other MDM solutions. They were

Apple Profile Manager
JAMF Casper Suite
JAMF Bushel
SimpleMDM
Air-Watch
MobileIron

In brief, MobileIron and Air-Watch were a nightmare to use (check the web for similar sentiment). Casper Suite, while better, still had an outdated interface based on Java that didn't deliver a great experience. Apple Profile Manager required that we manage the server ourselves, which we preferred not to do. JAMF Bushel had a much newer looking interface than JAMF Casper Suite, but seemed more oriented toward the small office environment of 20 devices or less. The interface quickly became unruly and the configuration options too general and limited as we got going.

SimpleMDM has a new-age webby look and feel much like JAMF Bushel displayed. In addition, the feature set fit our deployment needs much better. Bushel doesn't allow enteprise app deployment but SimpleMDM does. Bushel isn't feature rich when it comes to supervised device functionality, SimpleMDM is.

What tipped the scale for me in the end was the friendliness and willingness to help that I experienced with the SimpleMDM staff. We had an issue with our push certificate that ultimately turned out to be due to a misstep of my own. Their staff was extremely helpful in resolving the issue, offering to retrieve old data backups they had to recover a certificate I had deleted. In these days of relatively anonymous software as a service transactions, it was a joy to learn that one of our vendors has our backs.

We've been with SimpleMDM for almost eight months now and I am very satisfied with my selection.

Jason
  • Branche: Großhandel
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Got Love how simple it is.

Bewertet am 21.12.2022

So far I never even needed to contact support.

So far I never even needed to contact support.

I like that I can crotrol all aspects of the iphones.

Wish certificate didn't need renewal. But I think it required by apple

Connor
  • Branche: Unternehmensberatung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

SimpleMDM - a simple, yet powerful tool for management.

Bewertet am 15.12.2022

I cannot stress enough how much SimpleMDM has helped us. With our continued growth, roll out of new software and growing needs, SimpleMDM meets and goes beyond our needs and expectations,

SimpleMDM has changed our day to day work flow for administration of Mac users. Coming from manually tracking and managing software, devices and all other data that comes along with that, SimpleMDM completely blew my mind. The fact that almost anything can be automated - from device enrollment to software installs, this has saved myself and team countless hours.

There hasn't been much I feel that the software is missing. It is very straight forward and support is great when we have questions. Perhaps a built in command to reset users passwords?

Lawrence
  • Branche: Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Take control of your IOS Fleet of devices

Bewertet am 14.12.2022

As the name implies it has an easy learning curve to become familiar with the features, it is "Simple".

Sometimes when Apple changes something in their Business portal it breaks the link between SimpleMDM and Apple Business which requires intervention to resolve.

Robby
  • Branche: Unternehmensberatung

It just works

Bewertet am 10.8.2016

We're an outsourced US-based outsourced IT firm with clients in the medical space. I initially used Meraki to manage one of our clients but had all sorts of problems. Apps not deploying when they should, configurations not working, and devices that stopped responding after about a month.

When we needed MDM for two other customers, I decided to try SimpleMDM instead. I had zero problems with our deployment and was happy to find that they had more functionality than Meraki. Sure, Meraki had some document management feature called backpack, but it was too few features to even be suitable for document needs and we had to use Dropbox anyway.

I like SimpleMDM because the price is competitive, it just works and I feel that I'm using the best in breed product in the MDM space. Just make sure you don't need to support Android. They just do Apple at the moment (and do it well)!

See above. Also, very technically adept support.

Nothing at the moment.

Stephen
  • Branche: Einzel- & Familiendienstleistungen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Simple MDM (perfect name)

Bewertet am 24.5.2022

Very positive. Great slack channel support

Very positive. Great slack channel support

It’s simple. Coming from profile manager on apple server this was a pleasant upgrade.

Not many I can think of. Having a “device” name and simple mdm name is a little confusing

Warum SimpleMDM gewählt wurde

Apple server stink royally

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SimpleMDM

It’s simpler and jamf left a bad impression
Charles
  • Branche: Automotive

Good Product for a Good Price

Bewertet am 21.12.2022

Overall I think the product is usable, but could use some documentation improvement. The FAQs are good, and support used to be EXCELLENT, but now it is so-so... It can take a full day to get an email response, and many of the guides are not very clear. Once you figure it out, it works fine...

The responsiveness of the management software to the end device is probably one of my favorite things. If a user calls me and says that they need an app or an update for an app installed, it happens nearly instantly.

Many features are heavily dependent on a cumbersome enrollment (DEP) if you buy your own devices, the SimpleMDM App running and having MANUAL permissions set up (location), and some features simply do not work as you would expect. The learning curve is also pretty steep.

Garrett
  • Branche: Konsumgüter
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Made managing 60+ Apple products easy

Bewertet am 27.9.2022

We are able to remotely manage 60+ apple devices from one application. We can push all software and limit settings easily on each computer. The location tracking is ideal for lost or stolen devices. We have used the remote lockout feature many times.

There are no cons about this software, it has been very easy to use.

Valentin
  • Branche: Versicherung
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Outils pratique et bon marché pour petite structure (dans mon cas d'usage)

Très bonne experience, je recommande

Très bonne experience, je recommande

Facilité d'utilisation, mise en place facile, interface clair et minimaliste, prix compétitif et fonctionnalités grandissante, API disponibles

Manque d'option pour trier les devices dans le menu dédiéPas de dashboard

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SimpleMDM

Prix plus attractif et fonctionnalités suffisantes pour mon besoin
Dan
  • Branche: Internet
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

SimpleMDM makes managing macs a breeze

Bewertet am 13.12.2022

SimpleMDM cut down our deployment times from like an hour to basically nothing. Open the box, login, you're done. With everyone moving to remote work, this stuff has been critical for letting us stay on top of managing our fleet.

I loved the fact it basically provides all of the functionality of a JAMF setup without me having to own and manage a server.

The UI can be confusing at times. More contextual help would be nice.

Greg
  • Branche: Bau
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Great software to control company phones/pads.

Bewertet am 9.2.2018

Controlling company devices

Controlling company devices

The ease of use of setting phones and pads up with the software. Easy way to control devices, push out apps or remove along with preventing users to users to download un-needing apps.

More options needed to prevent users from using their devices as hotspots. The apps purchased from Apple VPP have been increasingly long in showing-up in available apps to push to devices.

Antwort von PDQ

Hi Greg- Thanks for your feedback! Please contact our support channel for help with any app delays you are seeing. It may be an iOS issue that we can help with.

Armen
  • Branche: Medizinische Geräte

Great software

Bewertet am 13.12.2022

Simplemdm is easy to use and customise for our needs. We're also happy with the reliability and customer service. Support emails are typically responded to within 24hrs.

Lacking SOC 2 and ISO 27001 certifications.

Charles
  • Branche: Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr

Excellent MDM Solution

Bewertet am 18.1.2017

SimpleMDM is a easy-to-use MDM solution for many needs. We have a small deployment (<100 devices) and SimpleMDM allows us to effectively manage these devices easily. It is feature packed and works great with Apple's DEP program.

Easy to use and very economical

Documentation is difficult to find

Antwort von PDQ

Thanks for the review, Charles! Sorry to hear that it's been tough to track down the documentation. For future reference, our administrator documentation is available at http://support.simplemdm.com. The "Planning Your Deployment" chapter is particularly useful during the early stages.

If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact our support staff. We'll get right back to you.

Greg

Easy to use and has all of the features I needed.

Bewertet am 31.3.2016

I've tried a few different MDMs.

Airwatch: I can tell there's a lot of functionality here but...

I've tried a few different MDMs.

Airwatch: I can tell there's a lot of functionality here but it's such a pain to use. I had to make so many clicks just to get to what I needed to get to. I had a hard time finding the features I wanted. The process to get pricing was also a pain.

Meraki: Much like Airwatch it was painful to get pricing. I had to sit through three phone conferences with Cisco representatives before they'd tell me what it would cost. The tool was less confused than Airwatch but felt like a side-show. I'm pretty sure Cisco acquired this company and blended it in with some of their other products. It feels fragmented.

Bushel: Much easier to use, but I had problems with it not always working. Sometimes devices wouldn't update. The interface is nice, but it was missing a lot of features, too.

SimpleMDM: Easy to use like Bushel and had all of the features I needed. They also have an API which we plan to use to automate some tasks at our company. Their pricing was also competitive, though really, I'd pay a premium to use them because they were the only solution that was really easy to use and worked for our requirements. Support seemed prompt the two times that I've used it. Only quip is that I'm hoping they add some of the iOS 9.3 features soon, though no other MDMs have yet either.

Emma

Well thought out app deployment. Nice support staff.

Bewertet am 26.2.2016

We develop iOS apps and use SimpleMDM to push them to devices that we provide for our customers. SimpleMDM has proven to be a reliable, easy way for us to do this. We used Meraki in the past (before it was owned by Cisco) but found it to be unreliable. A lot of the time apps would never show up. The interface was obtuse, too. Glad to be off of it.

The interface of SimpleMDM is easy enough for most of our team to use so we all have access to the account. Pushing updates is easy too. Web interface is clean and snappy.

We ran into an issue about a month ago where we couldn't get an app to deploy properly. I contacted support and was impressed with the technical know-how of the support staff. They dug into our app binary and found that we had inadvertently used an app version format that isn't supported by Apple. I can't imagine how long it would of taken us hitting our heads against the table to figure that out.

SimpleMDM includes an app that can track the location of the devices in your account. It's a nice feature to have since most of our devices are in our customer's hands. The tracking unfortunately stops working if the app is deleted. It'd be nice if there was a way to track location within SimpleMDM similar to how "Find My iPhone" works, even if the app were deleted.

David

MDM functionaility at a great price

Bewertet am 11.6.2018

Enrolling process is simple and straightforward

Cost per device is cheap

Management of enrolled devices is simple and straightforward

The initial account setup can be a tad daunting. When I first starting enrolling devices I was a bit lost and enrolled a few devices incorrectly. I had to some searching of my own to finally get the devices to enroll correctly. It's all good now though. A+

Steve
  • Branche: Bau

User Friendly

great and easy to use

great and easy to use

Very easy to use and navigate as a self taught user.

Nothing that I can think of at the moment, it has satisfied all of our expectations

Yuriy
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Reasonably easy to use for a less experienced user

Bewertet am 15.12.2022

Easy to use when everything works, when it doesn't get ready to dive into "how to" guides.

Considering I was not involved in deployment or at any point of setting it up, and only stepped in as admin at a later stage it was relatively easy to use and learn the basics

you need to have good understanding of deployment of managed devices and fixing issues that may arise, when some complex situations come up. Customer service is quick to reply and follow up but you need to dive into guides yourself.

Erick

My Review

Bewertet am 21.12.2022

Unit tracking and automated sw updates....

Tracking is not consistent, on some units, turn off by itself after period of time

Steven
  • Branche: Strafverfolgung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

The Best Bang for Your Buck iOS MDM solutions out there!

Bewertet am 13.7.2017

SimpleMDM really is simple. It's got a robust feature set that is easy to get up and running. We have 17 iPhones managed by SimpleMDM. This is a great option in a very crowded field.

SimpleMDM could have a batter UI and UX. It's not bad, but it's not super intuitive either. Also, I'd like to see jailbreak detection built in.

Luke
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

SimpleMDM for Mac OSX

Bewertet am 14.12.2022

The ability to remotely link and deploy a MacBook has been a lifesaver, especially for Farewill where we support remote working even for new starters.Without it, I'd undoubtedly have to do a lot more travelling and it'd be much less of a seamless experience for our users.

While new to SimpleMDM, I'm still wrapping my head around deploying some software that isn't quite "off the shelf" and it's not immediately obvious to me what needs to be done, and where but I have no doubt I'll get better with time.

Michael
  • Branche: Medizinische Geräte

SimpleMDM Review

Bewertet am 14.12.2022

Excellent. I was involved in selecting this tool, setting it up, administering it and interacting as an end user. Overall we love it.

We like the ease of use as it's very intuite and it's accuerate and reliable.

It's excellent and could only be better if it also supported android products to cover all the tools used by our employees. That of course is not the focus of this tool.