Procore Estimating Erfahrungen

Sortieren nach

Brody

Esticom Experience

Bewertet am 19.12.2019

Customer service has been great and the software has always worked as expected.

Customer service has been great and the software has always worked as expected.

Esticom is very user friendly and easy to use.

There are not many icons for the fire protection industry I work in. This makes it difficult when creating mocked up drawings for the customer.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

Bluebeam Revu

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Procore Estimating

Esticom seamed to be more user friendly.
Jeremy

Is Esticom Right For Us

Bewertet am 4.1.2020

Being a creator of web apps I understand the amount of work that goes into creating and maintaining those applications. Esticom has been well maintained rolling out updates and new features on a regular bases. As for the overall, experience, it has severed us well allowing us as a company to quickly create estimates for bid or general quotes.

The ability to create and manage catalogs is a big deal for us. As a company, we have a large number of products across a wide range of technologies and have the ability to separate those into individual catalogs helps to make sense of what to quote. In addition, assigning a catalog item to a takeoff makes creating a bill of materials a cinch.

While I understand that making a profit is key to a business's survival I feel that the per-user cost is quite high. Also, a bulk selection for changing the creator of an estimate would be nice. I recently had to manually go through and change the creator of about 30 individual estimates. While this was due to us sharing a login between users and then purchasing more logins I could see this being an issue, later on, should you have to replace an employee and need a have someone take over their estimates.

Joe

Bewertet am 20.12.2019

I can estimate a project much faster than by hand,but need better material description and pricing

The ease of learning it and using the system

Material needs to entered and labeled better

Ron
  • Branche: Computer-Vernetzung

Features added regularly!

Bewertet am 19.12.2019

I “stomach” the price because the software is so helpful! Love the product, but would switch to anything comparable if the price was more reasonable.

It is highly functional!! If I could spend more time on customizing it, I would use it as my only tool for estimating from beginning to end.

Pricey. $99 per month is a lot considering there are critical things like Office and Adobe that cost so much less.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

STACK

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Procore Estimating

Esticom is more user friendly.
Erin
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

You get "more" than you pay for

Bewertet am 17.5.2019

Esticom has offered us a great option to push out more quotes. It is very cost effective for us. We did not need one of the big box sells that had ongoing costs, we needed something that would allow us to figure out "what" we needed without being locked into something. Not only did Esticom offer that, but I think it did meet our needs, and at this point in time, I am not interested in looking at any other products. I am very happy with Esticom.

The software is simple. It is a great set-up for a small business. The customer service is very hands on. You get a real person every time and they do a good job of helping explain things. There is not a charge for training. If there is something you are struggling with they seem genuinely concerned on making the software the best it can be for you.

It would be nice if we could customize some of the costs and if there were a couple more options with the quote set-up when it goes to the customer. It is time consuming for us (we are electrical contractors) to try to find "specific costs" for wire and other things. They have a lot of templates, but a lot of them are based on nationwide pricing.

Joell Gary
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Great estimating software for small to medium-sized electrical contractors

Bewertet am 19.12.2019

Estimating a project longhand would take a considerable amount of time. Time is money and with Esticom I can get more estimates out the door in the same amount of time which translates to more work generated. The ability to create or import databases of labour units is also extremely useful. Esticom has aggregated my material cost and labor unit information and allowed me to efficiently manage the costs of everyday and on-off take-offs.

Cloud based - I can estimate and track projects on any computer wherever I have a good internet connection
Economical - Low monthly or annual costs allow a great ROI
Intuitive - Assemblies are easy to customize/create
Evolving - New features added monthly using real input from actual users
Personal - Customer support staff have field experience as well as excellent product knowledge which translates to excellent on-boarding sessions and quick answers to questions.

The design build section could use some updating/expanding. I realize that this is not one of the main features of Esticom, but it would be nice to see a few more items in its database as it is not yet possible to add my own.

Frank

Esticom Value and Innovation

Bewertet am 10.5.2019

We have worked with several staff members, all our professional. They have taken our ideas and worked hard to accommodate our reporting and functional needs. You will not see that form of out of the box thinking from many other developers.

The team and I appreciated the ease of use. It has significant power to perform all the required work of the larger more expensive packages, but still gives you the flexibility to make it a custom fit for you.

Only cloud based at this moment. I hope in future releases they will issue a server based stand alone platform for our secure projects.

Scott

Esitcom for the Daily User

Bewertet am 8.1.2020

Every one that I have dealt with at Esticom has been friendly, professional, and helpful. Customer service has been exemplary.

The software is easy to use. As features are added, it becomes more and more useful. The fact that your customer and existing catalog data base can be uploaded to give it a tremendous value.

There are still some issues with the way it rounds and displays some of the cost information, but customer support has been working with me on that.

Vadim
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great easy software gets the job done right

Bewertet am 3.1.2020

I use this for estimating big jobs. It is made very simple to add the basic information and exporting the bid sheets. It has glitches at times. I don't know if its because I use IOS products or it needs to be fixed. I do recommend this to whoever is in need for big projects. I do like the idea that you could change colors when estimating for easy understanding.

I like that the software is easy to use.

I don't like that it has glitches at times. I did request for some changes.

• Branche: Rundfunk
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter
  • Weitere für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Awesome Product for Predictive DAS Designs

Bewertet am 13.5.2019

Great and easy-to-use software, which allows my Sales Engineers to more-easily get their perspective projects done much quicker than before. Takes the guesswork out of the equation and definitely helps our customers understand precise needs for their installations. We enjoy working with the staff at Esticom and appreciate the support they lend to us, also.

It's very similar to other DAS design software programs I've used, where it scales and measures a link budget as a design is being worked on. Very simple to use and makes going from Microsoft Visio a very easy decision.

It would be great if our products were incorporated into the software, similar to .vex files in iBwave, so that a proper Bill Of Materials could then be created based on the design. Otherwise, a great product.

Cody

ACJ Electric

Bewertet am 13.1.2020

Overall time for completing bids has decreased drastically, to where we can complete several bids a day.

The ease of use. The software is very intuitive.

The break out portion in the estimation part of the software. There is no way to break out a certain task or job out of the bid whole to supply numbers to GCs. Also the markup calculations and profits don't add up to the percentages set in profit section.

Mark
  • Branche: Großhandel

Esticom Review

Bewertet am 13.1.2020

We estimate telecommunications cabling installations. Once products are labored and imported into the program, the estimation process can be quite speedy. Item recognition when producing take-offs using auto-count can be spotty. There is no customization available for adding new overhead type items (ex: PM labor as a separate labor type). Overall, a nice improvement over printing drawings and marking up hard copies for takeoffs.

When properly set up, the speed of producing an estimate is greatly improved

Materials search functionality - often can't find product
Lack of output options in spreadsheet format

Paul

Esticom Review

Bewertet am 14.5.2019

Very good

Very good

Ease of use-the software is very user friendly

I would like to be able to add shipping as extra at the bottom similar to sales tax-we order a lot of fixtures that require shipping and customer likes t see it broken out

John

Excellent Estimating Software

Bewertet am 8.1.2020

This software is easy to use. We have the ability to add items and organize them. We are able to integrate the information entered into this software into our project management software which reduces the need for time consuming processes of moving information between softwares.

We would like this software to include the ability to show reports of the information from proposals entered based on date entered etc... We would like to be able to delete default items from the software for trades not related to ours. We are otherwise totally satisfied with this software.

Felipe

Esticom Quality

Bewertet am 2.1.2020

I like the fact that this software does what I ask it to do and much more. It allows me to customize everything as I need it and it comes with templates so it does some of the work for me already.

Maybe I need more training but I'm not sure if the feature for measuring homeruns is precise.

Tom
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste

Finally a Low Voltage Solution

Bewertet am 2.1.2020

Once we were able to have the interactive demo to answer a few questions of how to do something the process of doing takeoffs became much easier.

Auto Search is amazing. You can select exactly what to search for and it actually works. You can turn off and on your takeoffs. After marking up your blueprints you can save the takeoff and print it for use in the field without having to hunt for everything all over again.

Can't merge pages of a floor yet to see the big picture.
They don't have a takeoff template or a way of reusing what you have created already for new projects.

John
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

GAME CHANGER!

Bewertet am 13.1.2020

It saves you a tremendous amount of time by building your estimate as you are doing your takeoff.

Sometimes there are slight quirks that need to be fixed, but this is mainly because they are adding new features and they always get fixed.

Martin
  • Unternehmensgröße: 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Evaluation

Bewertet am 13.1.2020

I like how easy it is to use, very intuitive. The menu is simple and effective.

The auto takeoff feature isn't very reliable. I would LOVE having this feature working correctly.

Ronan
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig
  • Weitere für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Great takeoff software but not my first choice

Bewertet am 10.6.2020

My overall experience with Esticom was good but I have found better. I can't go back to using Esticom because I found a software that saves me more time and is cheaper!

What I liked the most about Esticom is how easy it is to measure blueprints and download them with legends. It works very well with the mouse, and it is web based so I could access it anywhere.

What I liked the least about Esticom is that it is missing important features and they are charging way too much for the platform. Please add templates, stages and Excel options!

Anthony
  • Branche: Sicherheit & Untersuchungen

Bewertet am 17.5.2019

My overall experience with Esticom has grown since I first used it and it has increase the amount of proposals/bids I can send out in one day.

I like most about the software, that i was catered to my specialties which is fire alarm and security. In addition to making edits on the drawings and downloading a PDF document with the changes.

The least favorable thing i feel on the software is not being able to delete all drawings at one time instead of one at a time.

• Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Fast layouts, must have strong internet connection

Bewertet am 11.5.2019

I use it daily. I also keep a safety net of my old quote system for pricing while I'm still learning the system.

Esticom allows for faster layouts. You can skip most of your blue print printing process for quotes which saves a lot on paper and ink. Nice tracking system

Very hard to use over wifi. You must have a strong internet connection. I would like this better IF I were uploading design CAD drawing instead of PDFs

Konstantinos

I can only recommend Esticom

Bewertet am 7.4.2020

Very good experience so far. Every time I had a problem, the support was very helpful and has even implemented ideas I had for the software.

Ease of use is definitely a big plus.
Also some of the automations are very helpful to build up a proposal quickly.

There are still some features that I would like to have, but I am sure their team is already working on them.

Feliciano
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Esticom is AWESOME!

Bewertet am 7.5.2019

Absolutely great, I would highly recommend this software to all Estimators and Sales reps.

I honestly like everything about the software, especially the customer support I received from rep. It is a power program that makes estimating very easy, which gives me spare time to find new projects and study new technologies!

The only thing I do not like is when changes are made to the software and its a bit of a surprise. I would like an email in advance explaining the changes. It would also be nice to be able to export the quotes in various formats.

Shawna
  • Täglich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

Easy Web Based Estimating

Bewertet am 13.1.2020

Using the material lists makes it easier for our staff on site understand what was quoted for and takes some of the questions away about what materials they are going to need.

Digital take offs are easier than paper, easy to look at.

Prices in USD. Exporting to excel isn’t exactly perfect.

Fred
  • Monatlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Review of Esticom for Fire Alarm and Low Voltage Estimating.

Bewertet am 19.12.2019

My overall experience has been good. The phone consultation when I initially signed up was very helpful, and the online tutorials helped answer some of my question.

I really like the ease of importing plans, the scaling feature, and layers. The job proposal feature is also very useful.

The catalog of fire alarm devices and components leaves a little to be desired for my purposes, but there are ways around this. Also, when I signed up for the software, one marketing point was that the catalog of devices had pricing. I found out after signing up that this feature had been removed due to the range of prices varying too much regionally.