Venmo

Rohit
  • Branche: Unternehmensberatung

Ideal Payment Processing Software for Small Businesses

Bewertet am 8.12.2021

Perfect for small businesses and better than using a square device for accepting payments.

The app is just great. UI/UX, how they have defined different user personas and the ease of making a transaction is fantastic. Super quick and easy to transact with any third party, strong authentication mechanisms and auto-credit to the account on file. Making and receiving payments is the easiest I've seen, and much better than zelle, or Paypal.

User support is fantastic and there have been instances where I was fully refunded back when goods/services were not delivered as agreed upon.

It would be good to look at the credit worthiness/score and how reliable they are for their services. Currently there's no way to know (other than star ratings and sparse reviews at times).

Multi-lingual capabilities would be helpful too, especially when you are transacting with non-english speaking partners.

Nolan
  • Branche: Buchhaltung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Best way to pay in 2022-2023 for individuals and business owners.

Bewertet am 10.1.2023

My favorite about this software is that is makes payments fast and easy with just a couple touches of your mobile phone.

The only downside to this software is it isn't the most popular yet. Not everyone has it so it's not always the first option. Once more people have this, it will be better than ever.

Elizabeth
  • Branche: Finanzdienstleistungen
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Venmo review

Terrible

The promotion bonus for signing up or referring people and getting the bonus from them signing up

Complicated ways of getting in contact with customer service

Malary
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Great for backup option to processing payments

Bewertet am 11.10.2022

Venmo is a great resource to process payments. Many people have the app already and it’s very convenient when other payment softwares are down. You get paid pretty quick and it’s very user friendly.

I like that the app is user friendly, anyone can use it and navigate it easily. It’s a great backup option I have to processing payments and many clients are familiar with it already.

I just don’t like the feature that shows other people’s transactions. They do have a private option which I use but I still don’t like seeing other people’s Venmo activity.

Daniel
  • Branche: Informationsdienst
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Too convenient to pass up

Bewertet am 10.1.2023

Because a majority of my clients use Venmo, it is an ideal form of payment to have on hand just on convenience alone.

The set up is very easy, instructions are very clear. Managing payments are simple and even easier to keep records.

Money on the account is not insure should anything happen to it, so leave money on the account with caution.

• Branche: Buchhaltung
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Venmo - Ams

Bewertet am 10.1.2023

Good. I enjoy the ease of using it. I enjoy having it accessible on my phone. I enjoy being able to choose to spend money from my Venmo balance or my connected bank account. Overall, a good experience!

The interface is appealing. The ease and security is awesome! The quickness of transactions is also great!

The social media aspect. Just don’t really care to know how others are spending their money!

Egidijus
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste
  • Täglich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

Venmo me the invoice

Bewertet am 17.1.2023

Easy to issue invoices to clients, very simple way of getting paid

Not the most popular service, clients have questions.

• Branche: Telekommunikation
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Venmo Review

Bewertet am 10.1.2023

Great and easy way to send money to people and even for business use!

Nothing so far that I dislike about Venmo, works perfectly.

• Branche: Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Simple and effective

Bewertet am 9.1.2023

Only positive, when receiving or making payments it is fast and secure. Have had no problems and it means less times being late for payments

Ease of making payments to family and friends Secure

I think it very easy to use. No concerns

• Branche: Computer-Hardware
  • Monatlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

simple and fuss-free way to transfer money among friends and colleagues

Bewertet am 11.1.2023

Easy way to transfer online cash and funds without too much hassle. Friendly and simple UI

May not be available for all accounts especially those that are not in the USA

Brian
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Why your business needs Venmo!

Bewertet am 22.12.2021

I love using Venmo and prefer it to any other payment method - its just so darn easy to use! I love it and you will too!

With Venmo your business never has to sacrifice an order for payment issues!
Venmo remains a top competitor in the payment processing market because of its versatility, ease of use, reliability, support and recognition - if you don’t have Venmo these days people start wondering what rock you’ve been hiding under!
Venmo’s user analytics and usability are top of the line and will make the payment of every sale the easiest part of the process!

I have nothing bad to report, the app is practically flawless for the purpose it serves! If there’s anything to perhaps improve upon initially it would be the inclusion of crypto currency as crypto will continue to rise in popularity around the world.

PayPal und Meta for Business

Warum Venmo gewählt wurde

I use both but prefer Venmo for the fee structure, ease of use, and social acceptance - PayPal is great but it’s also potentially more dated and less popular with the younger generations.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Venmo

Venmo is again just the easiest to use and most popular amongst the younger generations. It’s trusted, reliable, and so easy anyone can do it!
Eric R.
  • Branche: Internet
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Venmo is a great consumer product with limited use for business

Bewertet am 7.6.2021

Venmo's incredible ease of use makes it essential for interacting with other people with whom I might loan or pay money for simple things. For vendors, it's a solid way to get access to credit card payments with okay fees.

Venmo is dead simple to use, with the QR code scan and effortless options to ask for payments or send them. The number of people who signed up for Venmo also helps - most younger folks are on it.

The social aspect of the software is a bit odd in that I'm not in the least bit interested in what my friends are paying one another for. When people get funny, I suppose it could be entertaining but too much of the feed is people paying each other for rent, groceries and other mundane stuff. Additionally, this present a business challenge where you need to be cautious about posting your purchases if it's a private purchase for your business.

Warum Venmo gewählt wurde

Venmo is easier and in use by more people than PayPal.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Venmo

More people have Venmo and it's not tied to Zelle's limited bank list.
Aaron
  • Branche: Automotive
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Venmo has to be the best

Bewertet am 19.2.2020

Venmo is great! I downloaded the mobile app almost 2 years ago when I first heard about it and now I use it daily. This past summer I ran a local auto detailing business and many of my customers asked me if I took Venmo as a paying option, and sure enough, I did! This made things so helpful as each payment was instant and on the spot. Another great feature of the app is how user-friendly it is and easy to follow. Personally, I would recommend Venmo to anyone, whether it is for business, personal use, or friends.

I do prefer Venmo as my money exchange app of choice, but it is not perfect in my opinion. I think that a portion of the "friend" features could be improved to avoid any privacy issues. Some of the capabilities that Venmo allows you to do can allow people to view all your transactions and friends. People and their money can be a careful subject so safety and privacy should be Venmo's concern.

Aman
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement

Best for everything

Bewertet am 9.9.2019

Overall experience with Venmo is great. It is best for both personal and professional money exchange.

This is a paypal product and we all know about PayPal. The product have all the creatures of PayPal and in addition to that it offers several benefits as well. The feature that I like the most is the offers and cash back rewards which are very frequent and recurring. This product helped me a lot and saved me hundreds of dollars.

The product is very well overall but this is not an acceptable form of payment everywhere. Small businesses and companies, sores etc are not able to process the payments which went through Venmo. They should expands their reach.

Warum Venmo gewählt wurde

Zelle was a good product but Venmo have a lot more benefits than Zelle and these extra perks gives Venmo an edge.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Venmo

Venmo is faster and offers benefits regularly. It offers cash back and other discounts very often which are not offered by it’s alternatives.
  • Branche: Musik

Fast and Easy Payment Processing

Bewertet am 5.10.2021

I like the ease of credit/debit card charging through this app. It is widely used, at least across the United States, so many people already have an account created and linked to a card or bank account. Transferring the payment to your account is quick, usually faster than they estimate, and has a very low processing fee compared to other business platforms.

I dislike that you must be specific about using the business side of Venmo instead of a personal account. There are different rules about how much money can be transferred in a month and you can be shut down if you forget to use the business side.

Warum Venmo gewählt wurde

I switched because the fees and processing times were a burden and Venmo offers easier use for both the client and company.

Square Payments
Jessica
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Make purchases, receive money and much more, effortlessly!

Bewertet am 14.10.2021

Overall I enjoy the ease of use with this app, it has made it easier for me to get money from my husband in a pinch, or send to my kids, or making payments to vendors while I’m out at flea markets, I have also used venmo for payments when I was doing deliveries and it has worked very well for me. I have more trust and faith in this program over other services similar to this one.

I love how quickly this app sends and receives money, I appreciate the privacy and security, I have never once had an issue with any discrepancies. Never had a payment not go through.

The only two issues I do have with this software is that I don’t wish to see all the past payments I’ve made to other people, and if someone is using my phone to make a payment I don’t want the past payments visible.
Also I wish for venmo to accept more prepaid cards.

Tommy
  • Branche: Medienproduktion
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Venmo is an absolute essential!

Bewertet am 6.9.2019

My overall experience with Venmo has been amazing. Never have had any issues or problems with using the software. It’s constantly being updated and I just really can’t emphasize enough how much better it is than any other products I’ve looked into.

I love using Venmo to get paid and to pay others! It’s so easy and simple to use and the best part about it is that it’s free! Free to sign-up and free to send and receive money. A lot of other softwares make you pay fees to receive money and even send it which is totally annoying. With Venmo, I can get paid and transfer the money to my bank account totally free, and if I need to get the money instantly, then I can pay a small 1% fee to instantly transfer the funds into my account. Look no further, Venmo is a great option for handling funds!

The only thing I can say about Venmo as constructive criticism is that it would be so helpful if you could pay yourself! As a small business that accepts payment through Venmo, it’d be so nice to be able to pay myself from my business account to my personal checking. Other than that, I really think this software is awesome!

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Venmo

The fact that Venmo doesn’t charge any fees for receiving/sending funds as well as transferring to bank accounts makes it a winner!
Kylie
  • Branche: Eventservice
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Money sharing App that has revolutionized payments for personal and business use alike

Bewertet am 14.9.2021

We enjoy being able to provide another way of payments. Most of our clients pay over the phone and not on-site so it provides them a way to send money without being present at our office. I am able to send and receive money to employees for gas reimbursements without writing a check or having cash on hand.

I love the ease of use of this product. I am able to send and receive payments for my business with the simple click of a few buttons. I can also transfer funds to my bank and link my bank to make payments when my balance within the app isn't high enough for what I need to send. It is great for tip splitting between employees and has saved many issues with petty cash.

My least favorite thing is the lag between the transfer of funds to my bank. You can pay a small fee to get it instantly but I usually just wait for the free transfer. It is always a timely turnaround.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Venmo

I decided to use Venmo because I liked their bank integration, a lot of people in my area are already users and didn't need to download the app to pay their invoices and the looks and ease of use of the phone app. It fit really well with my needs and was visually and operationally well done.
Kyle
  • Branche: Kino & Film
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Text Your Friend's Money

Bewertet am 4.9.2020

Overall Venmo is one of the most useful apps I currently have downloaded. Having a way to transfer money from my debit card with an app is extremely convenient. Not only that but having a Venmo Card that doesn't even need me to transfer money to the bank is amazing. Most of the people I know with a smartphone also already own Venmo so after a meal or going to the movies, transferring money using Venmo is as simple as texting your friend's money.

Venmo has helped me in a countless amount of situations when dealing with money transactions. Its simplicity and ease of use allow for people who aren't as tech-savvy to transfer money without having to take a trip to the bank to go through a complicated process of transaction that could result in scams. I also think that the feature of people seeing your Venmo transactions is a cute addition to the app and adds a bit of humor along with the app instead of it looking like any ol' boring transaction app. Of course, not everyone wants their transactions seen by their peers so there is the option to turn it off. When opening the app, it requires a Face ID which adds a touch of security so anyone using your phone can't abuse the app. Adding people to your friend's list is also incredibly simple since your contacts can be added with the touch of a button and adding others requires entering a username. If you have money left in your Venmo, you can use a Venmo Card which is a debit card that directly takes money out of your Venmo account rather than your bank when purchasing anything. However, if you do not own a Venmo Card then you directly deposit your money to your bank account whenever necessary. Venmo has so many amazing features that make it a great app to use whenever you need to. Although Venmo may have not been the first money transaction application, it certainly is one of the easiest and most popular which allows for anyone to transfer money to each other.

Venmo has many great features and not much to improve upon. One thing to note, however, is that when transferring money from your Venmo account to your bank account, a 1% fee will be deducted when transferring INSTANTLY. But honestly, this feature does not bother me at all plus there is the option to transfer it to your bank in a couple of days with 0 fees. Although not necessary I do think they could add a faster way to transfer money. My idea was that you could use voice control such as Siri, Alexa, or Google Home and tell them to transfer money to any one of your Venmo friends. I feel like Venmo has a lot of potential for new features but I don't feel like it doesn't need to be implemented as transferring money is already easy enough. Adding a dark mode or being able to change your color scheme may also be a neat feature.

Cierra
  • Branche: Lagerung

Venmo - 1 CashApp - none

Bewertet am 20.4.2021

My experience with Venmo was and is exceptional. I haven’t had even one bad thing happen with this app and it’s very reassuring to know your in good hands when doing transactions! Nobody wants to have to worry about where there money is and it’s safe to say that Venmo keeps your money and information secure and protected!

I loooooove Venmo! My favorite thing is that it’s safe because it’s completely controlled by you and only you! They also have tons of new features like a debit card. Plus they have customer service reps ready to help you with whatever, whenever! So you can send and receive money any time from anybody that has a Venmo account. Why is that special? Because it’s painless and timeless! This is my #1 app for transactions because it gets them done in no time. If your anything like me, I’m always on the go between kids, there sports, and work this app just really speeds things up when I need it most!

I think the only downside of Venmo for me is that my transactions are public so anybody that has a Venmo account can see them. It’s not bad per se but it’s not something I love.

Nicole
  • Branche: Animation

Venmo personal review

Bewertet am 1.9.2021

My overall experience has been fair. Venmo's appearance is really good and makes me feel good being there. There are so many options that l used myself to make it more flexible for my business to send out and receive money. There are problems with scammers and detecting them. In the end its a good website.

Quick, convenient payments which makes it amazing in the times l really need to send out money under pressure. Free to send money from a bank account or debit card which is amazing because in my country we cant send money internationally so using venmo to make my payments international has made my experiences much more flexible. Low fee for credit card payments which is rare to find because everyone wants a commision and it is really good that you also have compassion for your customers. The website can pay for purchases at select businesses that l choose without me going there physically. Offers a debit card and a credit card that is international which makes it easier for me to make payments with websites that dont offer e-wallets. Adds a social element to sending and receiving money making it more user freindly and more appealing view.

Payments are public by default and this makes me feel a little uncomfortable knowing people know about financial part of my business. This will probably make it easy for internet crimes to happen. Can't cancel payments which is fastrating because i do make mistakes when l am entering infomationa and l look aheadcand l cant go back. This is making me give out unnecssary payments not meant for those people. Popular with scammers and this is making it harder to detect who is real to work with and whos not. This makes the website a bit difficult to work on with those type of people.

Sandra
  • Branche: Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Quick and convenient payment

Bewertet am 4.8.2022

My take is Venmo is safe,but with everything online there will always be risks,I realize that the world is evolving and most transactions are done online.Venmo offers more pros than cons and as long as you know how to use your settings and know how to keep yourself and information safe online,this is a great place to do all your online shopping or share bill payments with friends and family.In my opinion banking online is the way of the future.

Venmo is accepted at many merchants around the world,It is so easy to link your bank and its a lot safer for purchasing online products,especially if you are unsure of the company or unfamiliar with the company.very quick and convenient payments.It's great if you are making extra money online because it give you a way of receiving a payment for on-linejobs.There is no monthly fee and you are not charged for using it so, you can add money from your bank account without the extra fee.It is safe and you never have to worry about security because they have measures in place to protect your privacy.If your planning to get into bitcoin,its a great way to start,its accepted there as well.Anyone can use it,its easy to download and deploy,great for any age.

As with anything there is always a down side.Venmo does charge a fee to send money through credit cards, a rate of 3% as well as a charge to transfer money from Venmo to your bank account.Customer service can be a bit of a problem if you have a discrepancy,you have to get pass the Bot system to speak to a human.I have found that you have to adjust your privacy setting to make sure your information is not compromised.another con to using Venmo is unlike a bank you do not earn interest.There is no international transaction,so you have to be aware of what you can and cannot do to make sure you do not have to deal with support and there is no payment protections.

Sierra
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness

The only Money Exchange I use

Bewertet am 16.11.2021

I recommend Venmo to everyone. I refuse to use any other money payments sites other than Venmo. It is easy to use and quick to navigate.

My most liked feature of Venmo is that the swap between individuals is quick and easy and processed in real time. I do not have to wait to be paid or risk having cash.

I least like the processing fee for an immediate transfer to my bank account. Although, this is a feature i rarely us I still am bummed out by the fee.

Easy and more appealing.

Easy and more appealing.
Amira
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201-500 Mitarbeiter

The Importance of Having Venmo

Bewertet am 28.9.2021

My Overall experience with Venmo is amazing. As a user of this software, Venmo has been so helpful in transferring money quickly and safely; especially during the pandemic. Whereas other similar apps are difficult to use, Venmo offers a lot of unique, useful, and easy-to-use features that cannot be found anywhere. It is one of the best digital wallets that I have used so far. However, like many apps, it has some disadvantages that need improvement. Its flaws are insignificant when compared to the advantages it offers. People can use it freely and judge.

• It offers easy and quick transfers; especially when it comes to paying for gas or food.
• It is easy to use, especially for beginners.
• Very high customer service, and quick responses within a short time.
• Users have to provide profile pictures, which makes transfers more credible and trustworthy.
• High privacy. It is controlled by the user only.

• If someone is in desperate need of money and wants an Immediate transfer, Venmo will require an extra fee.
• A low spending limit, which is around 3000$. If a user asked for a higher spending limit, it will be around 6000$ that is still low for many people.
• It is not available outside the United States. When someone travels outside The States and needs to transfer money, he will not be allowed to use Venmo.
• The privacy default settings allow people to see the user’s transactions unless the user changes them.

Virginia
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste

Convenient, entertaining, FREE, and fast

Bewertet am 13.6.2018

Did you know the root of the word convenient actually stems from the Latin word “ven”? That’s exactly what Venmo is. And the inspiration behind the name Venmo actually came from the word vendo/vendere; the Latin word “to sell”. Venmo is one of my favorite apps, I use on a daily basis. It has served as a lifesaver to me on many occasions when I did not have my wallet or cash in hand. You can transfer money to someone else almost instantly and will receive a notification when they have accepted the transaction, so you don’t have to wonder. Transfers from your Venmo to your banking account will show up as quickly as the next business day (as long as it doesn’t fall on the weekend or a holiday). One of the best features of Venmo is that you are not charged a transaction fee when you transfer money between your banking account using a debit card. But, the best part is the free entertainment… If you ever want a little laugh, go and take a look at some of the reasons other people have used Venmo. It’s pretty funny (especially over the weekends). If you are looking for a free, entertaining alternative to PayPal, Venmo will definitely satisfy your needs.

If your Venmo account is connected to a credit card you will be charged a small fee when you make transfers between the two. I would not necessarily see this as a fault in Venmo because you still have the free option available to you by using a debit card.