Hostaway

Nikola
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great

Bewertet am 9.12.2022

Sehr übersichtlich sowie sehr viele Funktionen die enormes Zeitersparnis bringen.

Ich sehe hier aktuell noch keine Nachteile.

George
George
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Amazing Software and easy to use

Bewertet am 5.1.2022

Starting from the inquiry till the sale was done and onboarding, it was a very smooth process,
sales...

sales team members were very informative,
support and onboarding team were very cooperative and organised

This is not Just a software for property management,
it is a smart soloution to handle all of tasks

almost nothing i am really surprised from how easy is it

Hostify und Guesty For Hosts

Warum Hostaway gewählt wurde

PMS and channel manager in addition to the mobile app controls

365villas

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Hostaway

all features i wanted were there and even an added value of a booking dashboard
Laura
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

[sensitive content hidden] is awesome!

Bewertet am 9.5.2024

We really enjoyed working with [sensitive content hidden]. He is very kind, patient, and helpful. Even when we threw him some questions that he couldn't answer right away, he got to the bottom of it. For the most part, the onboarding was pretty smooth and we have had good feedback from our clients who appreciate the client portal side of the platform.

User friendly, helpful training, good reporting feautures

There needs to be more clarity on how to set up accounts to make sure that taxes, processing fees, etc. are all accounted for.

Joaquin
  • Branche: Internet
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Make you a favor and don't even schedule a demo

Bewertet am 7.7.2023

The worse experience, the sales talk it's so overrated, really don't beilived what they says, no innovation, doesn't work, super old code, don't use it, it will affect all your sales.

No pros here, its by far the worse software you will lost time, clients and money

They never update their code, nothing is automated, there's no customer support, they just send you blog links. its so expensive, their website bookings are not customizable, the tracking events on google and facebook never work, and they just said that will work, nothing.

Guesty

Warum Hostaway gewählt wurde

Suppose to work better, with a great mobile for our clients this is just a big lie.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Hostaway

Because they said will be the best and innovation constantly

Antwort von Hostaway

Hi Joaquin, thanks for your feedback – we take it very seriously and we're extremely sorry to hear you haven't been happy with our customer service. Your concerns have been passed along to our customer service team, so you should be hearing from us very soon if you have not already.

Additionally, our development team is actively working on regular updates to enhance our software's functionality. We take your feedback seriously and will continue to make the necessary improvements to meet your expectations.

Cassandra
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Hostaway has to notch customer service and onboarding specialists!

Bewertet am 22.2.2024

Happy with ease of use with software and costumer service response time.

Happy with ease of use with software and costumer service response time.

Customer Service has a direct phone number. Onboarding included up to 6 appointments if needed. Direct Booking Website!

Nothing to report here. If I have to name something I would say owner statements took some time to get used to and creating formulas. However, there is plenty of articles to read and customer service is super helpful!

Cecilia

So far so good

Bewertet am 6.5.2024

I'm happy so far. I still feel like there's a lot of going back and forth between the channels. It may be because I'm still learning. Not everything is transferred over to the channels, so I have to go into each one and make sure all information is correct.

The calendar management. It helps to keep everything in one place.

The coding for Owner statements. I'm still having a hard time understanding how to get it to do what I need it to. I also don't like that I can't pay out my owners. I'm having to use another software to do that.

Guesty

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Hostaway

The price made more sense and made it possible.
Taya

Smooth Transition

Bewertet am 1.5.2024

Mateo is my onboarding expert, and he is fantastic. I love that Hostaway is a central hub for all of the booking platforms. Changing rates is extremely easy compared to other platforms.

The onboarding process is lengthy. I do wish that the meetings could be longer so that setup could be done in 1-3 days, rather than spread out over weeks.

Mun-Won

Great On-board Support

Bewertet am 11.5.2024

So far ok - I am pretty tech savvy and it is not as intuitive

So far ok - I am pretty tech savvy and it is not as intuitive

On-board technical support - without Mateo, I would still be lost

Things are not as intuitive as other platforms such as VRBO and Airbnb. There needs to be a simple and comprehensive summary of the exact process of integrating these different channels to include price difference

Guesty For Hosts und Streamline

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Hostaway

It seemed to be lower cost with more features
Tony

Hostaway Onboarding

Bewertet am 5.4.2024

[sensitive content hidden] was top notch is teaching me the onboarding process, he explained everything in great detail.

The amount of booking platforms that Hostaway gives you access to is incredible.

The only small thing would be if the automatic guest reviews had a template with options already filled in.

Santiago
  • Branche: Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

90 min Peace of Mind

Bewertet am 13.5.2024

[sensitive content hidden]
conducted an amazing onboarding session! I was really happy that he was...

[sensitive content hidden]
conducted an amazing onboarding session! I was really happy that he was an experiences property manager that was able to provide tips on using Hostaway effectively.

I love how easy the product is to use and all the support that's provided.

To be honest, I haven't found any cons as of yet

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Hostaway

Customer service reviews and platform integration.
Barnaby

Hostaway Product

Bewertet am 28.3.2024

I'm still getting set up, I cannot give a educated answer yet.

I'm still getting set up, I cannot give a educated answer yet.

[sensitive content hidden]customer support fixed a lot of issues.

On boarding is to fast paced. Definitely need a more customized onboarding experience.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Hostaway

Customer service is said to be way better than other platforms. Ryan David's call proved this.
Daniel

I love using Hostaway

Bewertet am 14.10.2020

I love using Hostaway. It's not the cheapest product; however, it's nice to have all the features I want in one place instead of slapping together a few cheaper products to try to get the same result.

The thing I like most about Hostaway is the ease of use. I manage my properties while working another job, so I need automation. The automated messaging and task creation with saved checklists really saves a ton of time. My cleaner also really likes it because he can just update the cleaning tasks via the app. I really only have to answer one-off questions from guests because I'm able to seamlessly communicate everything through my automated messages.

The other great thing about Hostaway are the constant improvements and customer support. It seems there are new and improved features every month which is exciting. If there's something that could be better, it's easy to communicate with the support team and find out what I'm doing wrong or have them plan out an update. Even though the team is in a different time zone, I always get responses within 24 hours and everyone is really nice. I already love the product, but knowing that things will continually improve is what makes this product a no brainer for me to use.

The booking engine could look better. I used the WordPress plugin and don't love the overall look; however, I figured by the time guests get to that point on my website they're already very interested in booking and won't be turned off by the look.

OwnerRez, iGMS, Hostfully Property Management Platform, Guesty und Lodgify

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Hostaway

I wanted something that provided all the features (calendar sync, automated messaging and task creation, mobile app, checklist templates, financial reporting, etc.) in one solution. I also was looking for something that integrated with Beyond Pricing. From doing demos of other products, it was clear to me Hostaway was the best for what I needed.
Daniel
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Hostaway -- best ease of use and amazing support

Bewertet am 24.8.2021

I checked out probably 20 different PMS solutions, and had individual demos of about 10. Hostfully was in my top 3, here's why I went with them.

1). Easy interface, web-app enabled for 90% of what my managers need to do day to day, so it's easy to deal with on the go.
2). Top tier API integrations with the platforms I cared most about, VRBO and AIRBNB.
3). Their sales rep was really knowledgable and anything he didn't know he followed up to find out the answer. I've found that their support and onboarding team has been incredible. Shakeel, my account rep, is so responsive and knowledgable!

I am loving using this software so far and would reccomend it for anybody who is focused on the Vacation Rental business. I don't know it if it's a good fit for Hotel management, I don't think that is their primary market, but for STRs it's pretty much 5 stars all around.

Nothing that has bothered me yet. I think it would be nice if there was a bit more pricing tools and options, but if you are connecting to a third party Pricing Management solution (which I'm going to be doing soon) then it doesn't really impact your workflow.

Warum Hostaway gewählt wurde

Needed a more robust PMS system and Channel manager to support us at scale.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Hostaway

Most other of these require a front desk/concierge style deployment. I prefer one which allows our regional property managers, who are often on the go, to be able to handle guest communications and cleaning management while out and about from their phones. I thought Streamline looked very good for a Boutique hotel business (which is not what I do), and MyVR was probably my runner-up for my niche-- ultimately Hostfully won out for us because it had the best API integrations, knowledgable staff, clean and simple interface both desktop and mobile. Thrilled with the choice so far!
Mickey

New to Hostaway

Bewertet am 21.10.2022

Having Airbnb, VRBO, Booking.com, TripAdvisor, and our own direct booking link in one place is great. The pricing modifications between OTA's are a huge plus along with setting longer stays to be available further out is one of the features we needed. Support is great when you have questions.

It is pretty complex, and is taking a while to get everything set up. It isn't as easy as setting up an Airbnb, or VRBO account, But there is much more going on between the sites. Getting things all setup and learning the steps to create a reservation, change availability, and see how those changes affect what you are trying to accomplish isn't as visible as we would like. Its an amazing powerful system, and worth going through the steps to setup and learn. We have a much larger picture in mind so baby steps are being taken for our 1st 2 properties.

Warum Hostaway gewählt wurde

Futurestay was a huge disaster. It wiped out all of our notes and days we blocked off for guests and families we had our places reserved for. It was over a year before we decided to even attempt another integration.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Hostaway

Because we are looking to add more listings. and this seemed to be better for that.

Mickey,

Thank you for the honest review and overall 4 stars.

When switching to a PMS that has all the features/functions as Hostaway offers, we completely understand that there can sometimes be a learning curve if coming directly from a channel, or from a less feature-rich property management software.

We offer an onboarding service that is very flexible, to ensure that we meet our customers where they are at and make sure they understand the platform enough to run their business as well as explain any features that will help your business grow that we provide.

We also offer our support 24hrs a day once you've graduated from your onboarding so that you should never be without a helping hand.

I'm including my contact information, if you wouldn't mind, please reach out to me as I would love to hear about your experience more in-depth and also get you some more one on one training if needed.

Thanks Mickey,
-Josh from Hostaway

Greg
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great customer service and on boarding to get me up and running.

Bewertet am 1.12.2022

I've had a great experience overall. The software is robust i'm just starting to understand all of the features it provides.

User account management is great. Allowing tasks to be assigned out to different users at different levels is very helpful. Onboarding was very helpful. Channel management is complex and there is no one system that will meet every users needs. Having dedicated, scheduled time to talk though my individual issues was great and allowed me to get moving faster at a higher quality.

Channel management is complex and there were a few snags in getting it setup however with the onboarding calls the issues were quickly resolved. SMS message for tasks and reservation messaging would be nice to have.

Warum Hostaway gewählt wurde

Guesty had several bugs within listing setup as well as direct booking, it also lacked some calendar features.

Customer experience and reviews

Greg,

We would like to extend a huge thank you for writing such an amazing review of our software. We are delighted to hear that you found the user account management great, the ability to assign tasks to different users at different levels helpful, and the onboarding process was very smooth.

We are aware that channel management can sometimes be complex, and that setting it up can come with a few snags, but we are glad that the onboarding calls were able to quickly resolve the issues. We will also take your suggestion into consideration for SMS message for tasks and reservation messaging, and we thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Thank you again for taking the time to write such an awesome review.

-Josh from Hostaway

Mary Beth

Best PMS in 2023

Bewertet am 28.2.2023

I haven't looked back. I believe it's going to help take my property management business to the next level with the latest in integrations, their focus on integrations, and the educational content they push out online. They also provide an onboarding experience that is extremely helpful in getting you up and running with their platform on day one. You're partnered with someone who helps you take all listings and set up features with you one-on-one so you are just done and don't have to take the time to figure out the platform with user manuals. They are wizards, and save you hours. [sensitive content hidden] was amazing!

Great user interface, great integrations across automating your STR/MTR business. Direct booking connect directly to website is seamless, and we now have access to OTA integrations across the big players like Airbnb, VRBO and booking.com AND mid-regional OTAs that are hyper local to us in Tampa Bay. We have increased our visibility, offer more channels for guests to book, increased conversion as a result, and have one stop PMS that really puts us in the drivers seat for operations. I switched from another leading PMS platform that I used for 2yrs and love Hostaway.

Messaging could have a better user interface. Looks a little 90s but it works, you just have to make sure you have messages sorting with the latest on top like the OTAs do so you're on top of the latest message. I believe default is a different setting.I could be wrong. Also, app doesn't allow PMs to add expenses. This would be a nice feature so PMs can add expenses on they fly, instead of just the desktop version.

Madilin
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Hostaway is an all encompassing software that is vital to our Short Term Rental Management...

Bewertet am 15.6.2023

Their support is great! After working with them for a year, we have only had one experience, out of probably 30, that was not great. They are a company that listens to their customers and strives to provide the best service. They are continuing to lead the market, grow their team, and improve their platform. Every issue we've ever had with the platform has been fixed or solved in an update. We are always pleased to log-in and get a notification of a new feature/partner/integration. It is clear they have a growth mindset and are looking to fill gaps in the market that other softwares leave you high and dry on.

We've never been able to reach them by phone, so we just send our inquiries by email. Sometimes it would take several days for them to get back to us. We are hoping this wait time decreased with the new funding they just received! Their support staff are very knowledgeable and helpful.

iGMS, Hostfully Property Management Platform, Guesty und Lodgify

Warum Hostaway gewählt wurde

OwnerRez was an old and clunky software and could not grow with us. Other softwares we were interested in had minimums that we could not reach. We have been more than pleased with Hostaway time and time again. We made the switch based on software reviews from other users. They were an up and coming software at the time and we are glad we made the leap!

OwnerRez

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Hostaway

The reviews were incredible. It also seemed to have the MOST solutions in one place. We were able to cut our third party softwares in half.
Angus

Ease of automation

Bewertet am 17.8.2023

From start with [sensitive content hidden], to finish with [sensitive content hidden], there has always been a lending hand and an offer to help with whatever may be required. I am confident that if we have any issues in the future that Hostaway will be supportive.

The ease of having the really important tasks automated is amazing. To be fair its the little things that can set you apart from looking like an ameture to being in the professional realm that matters, like an automated message to your guest the day before checkout reminding them about procedures and the time to leave the apartment. These little things, we don't have to worry about anymore and can rather tackle larger tasks at hand. [sensitive content hidden] was an amazing onboard agent and helped us every step of the way in setting up the automated messages.

I only asked [sensitive content hidden] about an inventory app, but suggested that it would be handy to have one integrated into Hostaway. Not an issue at all, she still helped me by sending some findings that she found, which found very helpful.

Brad

Must Have Software for STR Companies

Bewertet am 28.9.2023

Hostaway has made countless hours of financial reporting and owner statements each month turn into a matter of minutes. The customability of the software is unmatched compared to my previous PMS. Hostaway has the best customer service I have experienced in any software. They always answer of the phone and generally have the solution to help and resolve on the phone. Their onboarding experience is easy and provided by well educated staff. I worked with [sensitive content hidden] who listened well to my concerns and questions and they were always happy to meet and go over the system in detail. I would highly recommend trying to get them if you are considering onboarding with Hostaway!

There's very little I don't like. If I had to choose something I would say 2 things.1. The tape chart moves a little slow. It loads and has a lot of detail in it so it makes sense why, but something a littler faster loading times would be nice. 2. The website is great and looks great but the ability to add a hyperlink within it would be very useful.

Guesty und Lodgify

Warum Hostaway gewählt wurde

Channel management, API connection, finances.

Lodgix

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Hostaway

Ease of use and financial reporting.
Mike

Huge Step Forward With My Business

Bewertet am 18.1.2024

I really cannot say enough about this software. So far, I am very impressed!

I really cannot say enough about this software. So far, I am very impressed!

I had been with a major competitor for five years. We had constant issues with our marketing being messed up and the cost was four times what Hostaway is charging us. Hostaway price was surprising low, the customer service and support was better than I expected, and so far I have had no major marketing issues using it.

I was able to figure out the system because I had been on a similar one for five years and had the help of great customer service and an amazing onboarding specialist. It took me many, many hours to set everything up correctly and I had several bumps along the road to figure out. The truth is there are a lot of options and settings with a platform such as this and it take many hours to set up if you have a lot of properties. The truth it is a bit more clunky to navigate and find everything. However, in the end there has been nothing that Hostaway can't do that competition does and we are paying literally a quarter of the price! I would highly recomend Hostaway at this point. I have been very impressed!

Lori
Lori

Too many glitches!!!

Bewertet am 15.6.2023

Terrible! When onboarding, Hostaway drops syncing and blocked dates set up in Airbnb costing my company nearly $800 in Airbnb cancellation fees. And because I had to cancel double bookings, Airbnb suspended my account, and cost me $1000 of potential earnings. Hostaway has very limited customer service hours. No evening or weekend hours. Hostaway cannot accommodate a property that is rented as separate units or as a whole.

What Hostaway promises was very appealing, however it did not deliver.

Syncing set up in Airbnb were dropped.Not able to set up a multi-use propertyLimited and non--responsive customer service

Warum Hostaway gewählt wurde

The promise that I'd be able to track all seven properties and housekeeping/maintenance on one platform.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Hostaway

I am a small business owner of 8 vacation rentals. I manage all properties myself and was hoping Hostaway’s platform would help make my job easier to manage and allow folks to book directly with me.I chose Hostaway mainly for the promised ability to see all my properties on one platform, help with housekeeping/maintenance tracking and help me create a personalized website that would allow returning Airbnb and VRBO guests to book direct.

Antwort von Hostaway

Hi Lori, thank you for your feedback. We genuinely empathize with your situation, and we sincerely apologize for the frustrating and costly experience you've had. We usually do not encounter these connection issues during onboarding, but we understand that navigating a new technology platform can be challenging, especially for those who are not familiar with the tech. We apologize for any shortcomings in providing clear instructions or adequate support during this crucial phase.

We are sorry that Hostaway may not be the right fit for you, but we are glad we could connect with you to come to a resolution. Thanks again for your time and understanding.

• Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Avoid. Save yourself the headache and 8months trying to make Hostaway work. Just go with Guesty

Bewertet am 28.3.2023

Too many issues to dive into. If you value accurate financials, Hostawya will not work. If you want a system that syncs up to Airbnb or VRBO correctly, Hostaway is not the answer and you will spend hours each week re-creating your listings as Hostaway will delete the info. Support doesn't exist. You cannot reach anyone and they only actually offer email support (within 48hrs)

We were sold on the idea they had all the same features + as Guesty as a lower cost. This was not the case.

Most of their features are a shell so they can say "we offer xyz" when selling you the product.

Hostfully Property Management Platform und Guesty

Warum Hostaway gewählt wurde

We are growing and need a more complete system.

iGMS

Antwort von Hostaway

Hi there, thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry to hear that your experience has not been up to expectations, and would like the opportunity to discuss this further and make things right.

Please contact us at support@hostaway.com or respond directly with your preferred method of contact so we can get a hold of you ASAP. Thanks again.

Korneel

Best Channel manager software I've used

Bewertet am 27.10.2020

As I said before, me and my team are a big fan.
Functionalities are almost everything I need. The...

As I said before, me and my team are a big fan.
Functionalities are almost everything I need. The overview is very good. And I never encountered a glitch, something I appreciate a lot! Also, costumer service is really good.
Pricing could be better but is OK.

After using several other channel manager software for my 8 unit Boutique Hotel, I discovered Hostaway about 2 years ago. I truly like the integrated features for my 3 channels (Airbnb, Booking.com & own website). It gives a clear and straightforward overview of the calendar & pricing. Easy to adjust pricing by day & by channel individually.
I'm a big fan of the automated messages (set-up), as it saves us heaps of time. Also, we never encountered any issues with sending out & receiving messages (very important!). I'm a big fan.

Although, I use the mobile app several times a day, it can use some adjustments. I'ts not the best app there is in form a style and overview.
On the other hand it's relatively fast & very easy to use. And also here, it always works.

Josh

New User

Bewertet am 22.6.2023

Overall, things have been great so far and I am impressed with all the different features that the platform offers. It gives my company a lot of

I transitioned to Hostaway after using several products that ended in frustration after not meeting my company's needs.Hostaway is one of the first products that offers a complete solution that just about hits every mark that I have been looking for while supporting/empowering my company growth.

The financial settings / owner statements are cumbersome to setup but [sensitive content hidden]
and the onboarding process is helping me tremendously work out the kinks. The VRBO integration

OwnerRez, iGMS und Guesty

Warum Hostaway gewählt wurde

The other products were severely lacking in several categories and improvements that had a negative impact on my growing business.

Guesty For Hosts und Hospitable.com

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Hostaway

Affordability + Not a significant Implementation Fee + Impressive features that are appealing for a property management (cohost) company... a lot of products do not support the cohost model very well.
Henry

Hostaway rocks

Bewertet am 8.2.2022

Amazing overall experience.

Amazing overall experience.

From the onboarding to nowadays daily use, everything has been comfortable, the support is really useful aside their help center.

Nowadays, my main issue is about a calendar feature, which is pricing rule set. Indeed, it's develop for Airbnb but not yet for our Booking Engine and Abritel. The product team seems working hard to launch this new step.
Finally, maybe the app could be a bit more develop. That's really to spot detail, my overall opinion is amazing.

Avantio

Warum Hostaway gewählt wurde

We were working with 365Villa before and they were providing not even the half of Hostaway feature for almost the same price.

365villas

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Hostaway

It was a quiet hard decision and I don't remember exactly the reason why, but I think it was the price and the app.