NextGen Office

• Unternehmensgröße: 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Weitere für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Medical Records/ Information

Bewertet am 25.4.2020

Overall, I love using this website for medical information and record updates. I love being able to schedule appointments for my kids and I, it makes it really easy. NextGen still needs a little work but overall, its easy, accessible, great way to communication with healthcare providers, shows your medication and so much more great features.

I love that we are able to schedule our appointments online. I like that we are also able to see our medical records and other information about myself and other family members. I also really like that its easy access anywhere you go. I like a lot of the features on the site.

The only thing that I least like about the software is the communication on scheduling and communication between a healthcare provider can take long to 2 days or more.

Vipul

family physician review

Bewertet am 3.3.2020

I'm overall happy. Every EHR system has its pros and cons, but I believe Nextgen Office has a very good combination of ease of use and overall cost.

It is very easy to complete my notes at the time of examination of the patients

whenever an upgrade or maintenance is completed over a weekend, many times we run into problems coming back to work on that Monday. For examples, slowness, screen freezes up, etc. The latest incident was this past weekend. It was eventually corrected on the Monday, but it slows us down.

Dalton

Limited Customization & Difficult Corporate Team

Bewertet am 24.7.2020

I would not recommend working with this company/software. There are numerous options in the market at comparable price points that offer superior products.

Provides standard EMR and Practice Management functionality. If all you're looking for is a simple EMR to track your patient encounters, this software is a decent option.

1. Extremely difficult to transfer from other EMRs to this system. Beware that there will be a lot of manpower needed in order to get you up and running unless you're willing to pay expensive migration rates.
2. Account management and customer support teams are unorganized and inefficient. Often you have difficulty finding somebody who can answer your questions.
3. The pricing is based on a per physician basis. If you have a provider leave your practice/company, you are not allowed to terminate prior to your next renewal date. You could be left with significant fees for unused licenses if your company has any turnover. Their team offered no flexibility with fees during the COVID-19 pandemic.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

EpicCare

Warum NextGen Office gewählt wurde

We outgrew P2P mostly due to our desire to bill insurance. The NextGen sales team showed the robust features of the software. Unfortunately, they did not display the difficulties that come withe using this product.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu NextGen Office

The cost of NextGen was less that the others. We did not factor in the additional features that come with ECW or Epic. Either would have been a vastly better pick for our company due to the desire to customtize the account to best fit the needs of both our patients and providers.
Barry
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness

Get to know it

Bewertet am 21.8.2019

Took a while to learn the system, but in’s you learn the ins and outs of navigation it a breeze

Everything thing you need is there. Options are unlimited. Navigation is straight forward once you learn the system. Support is knowlegible and fast.

Tough to learn. Training team needs a lot to be desired

• Branche: Bildungsmanagement
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Be prepared to train your employees forever!

Bewertet am 10.11.2018

I like that there are two distinctive sides to this software: Practice Management and the EHR. This makes everything difficult though when learning it for the first time. It really breaks up what would be a fairly daunting task of switching to this system. I love that patients are able to register their information before their first visit-- this makes entering in new patients so much easier and faster.

You can only do some things through Practice Management and many others through the EHR. When admitting new patients I have to toggle between the two and often have to have several browser tabs open while entering in patient data. It took seemingly forever to figure out what kind of profile employees should be on-- should we all be administrators or not? We found that some permissions were not granted if everyone was not made to be an administrator and vital abilities were lost to some employees. After learning this system for about a year we are still figuring out ways to work with this system a little better. It is not intuitive and it is difficult to learn. There has to be a better system out there when switching to Electronic Medical Records.

If not for the reports, all would be 5 stars

Bewertet am 4.12.2018

Customer service was fantastic when this was Healthfusion. Then NextGen came along and decided to cut staff, outsource and shift everyone to a website for service requests and complaints. The "Success Community" is a farce, your requests rot there until you escalate them or call in asking why they haven't been touched. The various departments no longer communicate very effectively. The people that are still employed there are great, but spread entirely too thin.

Fully intergrated. No uploading, no downloading. You enter a claim and it sends when you save it. ERA's are there daily without having to retrieve them. Everything comes to you.

The reports module is hopelessly complicated and not written for the laymen. You will either need to pay them to write custom reports for anything you need beyond the pre-made reports, or go through lengthy training and lost of practice to understand their system.

Faizan

Claim Processing

Bewertet am 17.9.2022

We are very happy with this web based software you don’t need to have have internet connection access to use. Even you can use for slow connection or small practice too

Creating a charge is just a matter of clicks with nextgen office

submission of charge is very easy and post a refund is also not a tricky job you can do with simple step but nextgen need to little bit improvement for color theme

Ryan
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

NextGen has been improving in the last few years in terms of functionality

Bewertet am 14.6.2018

The SQL database is great, easy to get information out of. Reporting is very strong

Nice suite of features, they are continuing to add new features through aggressive mergers with 3rd party software and starting to focus on value based care.

The templates can be rather clunky and they look dated. It's also a bit slow compared to other EMRs I've worked on/with.

Aaron
Aaron
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

The out of the box templates are a good start to utilizing NextGen.

Bewertet am 8.11.2017

The ability to customize the system to your workflow and streamline the documentation process. I also like the configuration templates in addition to the quick save and quick note functionality.

There are too many clicks in the system. My providers regularly discuss how many clicks are required to complete a note. There is also a lot redundancy.

Lisa
  • Branche: Hochschulbildung

Good office tool

Bewertet am 19.11.2018

Tracking appointments, updating patient information and EHR were all easily managed and integrated.

Scanning in insurance cards and identification cards was a very slow process. I wish it was more efficient in that sense. A patient backup holds up the whole office flow.

Jon

Shady ethical practices

Bewertet am 2.3.2020

In order to get my auto bill pay to stop I had to change my credit card number. NextGen would not stop extracting monthly payment from autopay that I had established years before. This company made a great deal of money from me for the years and the parting thanks was an exit gouge for all the money they could get. I spent many hours in discussion and in correspondence with the company to resolve this issue. Each person with whom I spot expressed understanding but said they didn't have authority to made the decision of turning off the automatic billing, even though I wasn't using the product. They acknowledged that I did notify the company but I notified the "wrong" department.

It was accessible in the cloud. I was able to free text fairly easily.

I had to nag my regional representative to get a response. He acted like he just didn't have time to help with issues. I needed to archive my records because I was retiring. My rep and the technical backup team from NextGen did not speak with a different department (billing). The billing department felt that I should given earlier notification in order not to fulfill a yearly billing cycle. It became apparent to me that the various departments don't communicate with each other. The billing department could have honored my telephonic and email communications that I had with two of their other departments and simply closed my account in a month or two. They chose to stiff me for a complete year of billing.

Deidre

Bewertet am 29.2.2012

We are a single physician clinic in rural Texas. My physician is also my husband, and he is a board certified Family Practice osteopathic physician practicing in the same clinic for almost 30 years now. Our clinic is busy, and my staff is small. Employees are cross-trained in medical assisting and clerical duties and often cover each other depending on patient needs and/or staff absences. Having MediTouch PM software has given me a peace of mind, regarding patient care business needs, that I never had with prior computer programs. The system gets the insurance information correct and the insurance forms completed so much better than anything I've used in the past 15 years or more.

I have less missed charges thanks to the patient page showing the listing of a patient's office visits. If the charges have not yet been entered, there is an "ENTER" beside the date just waiting to be clicked. This better assures the correct dates are posted. Staff uses the recall options to follow up on patient care and schedule future appointments with less chance of letting a patient slip by without follow up. The Electronic Remittance Advice documents are wonderful - no more paper and everything in one place. The search options allow us to go back to anything as needed. Automatic posting saves time and frees staff for other tasks. At present, we are operating with one less staff member as when we first began to use the system.

As the physician's manager and wife, I appreciate that I can work on this day and night (for better or worse) without being tied to the clinic building. I am here at my home desk completing this review right now. I can finish posting claims, follow up on denied claims, generate and print statements all without carrying home boxes of papers. Having the data for both management and health records stored off-site is a blessing to me. The constant fear of system crashes and failed backups is over. I do not have the burden of upgrading to newer and more powerful servers at the clinic, but can use money to by better single computers that can connect with HealthFusion remotely and not to a central in-house server system.

I am still learning many aspects of the system, and anything not yet learned is entirely my own fault as HealthFusion has improved the training materials greatly over the past year. They are now easy to find and access. My time is all that needs to be planned because they have done everything else for us. Reports are available if I want them, too. I have seen our clinic income increase; payments come more quickly and less error thanks to the MediTouch PM system. Whenever I do find areas that I think need attention, the customer service is quick to respond and have taken my suggestions into implementation on a few occasions. They are very personable and professional whenever we call, although I tend to use email when possible. The replies are quick and complete.

We signed up for the programs in November 2010 based on promotional programs that were offered via the American Osteopathic Association. We didn't jump in to actually using the product until the following June when e-prescribing was required. If I could go back, I would have started the programs' use much earlier. I was simply afraid to jump in and leave our old systems behind. To my surprise, the transition has been easy. Thank you very much for the chance to share this experience. I do not mind providing more details if needed.

Saeed

Dermatology Office Using MediTouch's HealthFusion for nearly 1 year

Bewertet am 5.12.2016

In 2015, I spent countless hours reviewing/sampling one EHR after another to find a good fit for what we needed/wanted in an EHR. We were moving from paper and wanted a cloud-based solution. As a dermatology office, we absolutely need the ability to document patient's skin findings on a diagram. HealthFusion was one of the few that gave this ability and even allowed us to upload our own images which we have designed for quick easy use. Most dermatologists will utilize a more derm-specific product such as Modernizing Medicine's EMA, PracticeStudio, etc, however, another criteria we wanted in our EHR was something that was truly platform-independent and browser-independent -- could work on a ChromeOS computer, a Mac, a Windows machine, Firefox, Safari, Chrome, Edge, Internet Explorer, etc. Again, MediTouch's HealthFusion EHR & Practice Management product provided this capability while other derm-specific products did not and continue not to. We also do our billing in-house and wanted a robust billing product. MediTouch is their own clearinghouse which is a big benefit so when there are issues, we don't hear from our vendor "Oh it's a problem with the Clearinghouse", instead MediTouch customer service tells us "Oh we need to fix that". Customer service is overall very good - it is here in the United States (Pacific Coast which is our local time zone) and available relatively quickly. So why not five stars? Well, the EHR itself is not designed very well for a specialty-specific practice like ours so we went through a process of customizing it for our needs. We are happy that customization was available however it was a daunting and time consuming process. While the EHR system allows for some meaningful use and PQRS measures it does NOT collect data for specialty-specific measures so it's basically useless for our PQRS/MU/MACRA reporting needs. Which is very unfortunate and might force us to move to a derm-specific product.

Platform-independent (works on ChromeOS, MacOS, iOS, Android, etc.)
Browser-independent (works in Chrome, Safari, Edge, Internet Explorer, Opera, etc)
Cloud-based with no need for specific hardware/software in-house.
Local to our time zone (Pacific) with U.S. based customer service
Clearinghouse is in-house with the vendor
Speed of operation - there have been moments when the cloud-based

Lack of specialty-specific Meaningful Use, PQRS, and MACRA measures
Need for heavy customization for the purposes of documenting specific scenarios (specialty or otherwise)
Extra components within standard documentation unnecessary for most specialties
Integration of PM and EHR could be a bit better

Kevin
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Don't waste your hardwork or time trying to use or implement.

Bewertet am 23.4.2020

Beyond terrible. Do not waste your time

Beyond terrible. Do not waste your time

None. Beyond bad. The other programs are much better even with some frustation. This is easily the worst.

1. Nextgen customer service for implentation is an absolute joke. I had spoken to so many different employees and none seem to know what they are doing. Common answer to questions and you are placed on hold while they ask someone else or transferred to the next employee.
2. Difficult to set up. Eclinicals, practice fusion, and athena got it right. Next gen is so wrong. If you are going to make it difficult to set up, maybe have employees trained how to use your program.
3. After about 3 years of using the program and trying to put up with the short comings, I had switched EMR programs. Boy, did I forget how much better my life is with out Nextgen. I can leave work with records completed. Other programs are just so much more efficient.
4. Just when you think you are out of the Nextgen trap. They will hold you records hostage. I was served a subpeona to request for a medical record, patient sueing an employer. I requested the record for 2 weeks and still have not received the record. I had missed the deadline, now probably in contempt of court.
Please save your sanity and choose a different program.

Jennifer

NextGen has been easy to learn and has grown with the changes that occur in the medical field.

Bewertet am 7.11.2017

We transitioned from paper charts to this EHR. The process was challenging but nextgen navigated us through all of the ups and downs it takes to get through scanning paper records and training staff. We have improved all processes since the initial implementation. We have from scheduling on the front end to the billing and statements on the back end we improved those processes. We took our antiquated tickler tab system for prior authorization of our outpatient surgical procedures and moved it to an electronic way to tracked, authorize and then schedule procedures. This cut down on any procedure being schedules before it was approved. This help improve revenue in the long run. The benefits of patient portal are still being realized. Patients can communicate with office staff on their own schedule. After implementing online billing and payment options our payments on account have increased a great deal.

The ability to track authorizations using tasking and worklog as patient portal and how the messages easily populate into the front desk inbox. Patient portal can easily route the messages appropriately. And last, the ability to customize it to the needs of our specific practices slash specialty!

The ongoing upgrades although I know that is necessary for any EHR. Also there is no "reschedule" option for appointments. You can cancel then rebook and look at reschedule history but I personally like a reschedule button then follow the sequence needed.

Shirley
  • Branche: Finanzdienstleistungen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Not what we were hoping for

Bewertet am 25.1.2017

We have about eight months into this software and are still struggling with very basic issues such as claims not making it to the carrier and reports not functioning to our (or our clients') level of expectation. I cannot report on many fields in the system and despite being told in the beginning that their reporting tool was being enhanced and we could report on individual fields, and spend additional money to export data so we could create our own reports.
Clients are increasingly frustrated with inability to get eligibility checks on many of their common carriers and to get anything much beyond just confirmation of coverage (not outline of actual benefits, etc.) Collections module is clunky and we have not found it to be effective.
On the upside, claims entry is fairly simple, and auto posting is a breeze, as is data entry of patient information.

Autoposting is fantastic. We find it does it correctly close to 100% of the time. When the system cannot effectively autopost, it "flags" the RA so that you can address it individually. When we initially converted, we found that importing patient demographics was refreshingly simple and something we could do on our own without additional costs.
Patient demographics are easy to enter and maintain.

Reporting is completely ineffective. Canned reports don't balance against each other, and it's hard to quantify values. Not much assistance from Customer Service, although they do try to be helpful.
EDI process has been nothing short of challenging. From enrollment issues in the beginning to claims submission and follow-up issues, we are finding as we work AR several months later we're still having issues with some of our claims from early on which can't seem to arrive at the payer, despite acceptance confirmation from Healthfusion/ENS. It's costing us hours of time on the phone and lost productivity. We also cannot actually see the acceptance reports and are told we can't have access to those because they're in larger batches, which again creates additional phone calls and work on our part.

Claire

Bewertet am 23.6.2011

We are a relatively small 6-provider midwifery practice in Anchorage, Alaska.

We used Lytec for...

We are a relatively small 6-provider midwifery practice in Anchorage, Alaska.

We used Lytec for years, but wanted to move to something web-based that was highly functional, but also affordable for mid-level providers. HealthFusion stood out as one of the only companies that was willing to differentiate in pricing between a group of MD's, and a group of NP's and midwives, as the difference in the amount of reimbursement is obviously significant.

We found the [slightly more time-intensive] self-serve training process to be well worth the savings in up-front costs, which was another big difference between HealthFusion and other players in the market, like Advanced MD and NeuMD, to name a few.

We find it quite easy to use, on the whole. We appreciate the fact that when we do make suggestions as to how to improve certain processes or interfaces, our suggestions tend to be adopted, or at least addressed by the engineers, via customer service... And speaking of customer service, theirs really is excellent, as their salespeople will of course tell you. Our calls are always answered promptly and our issues dealt with promptly - plus virtually everyone on their CS staff is extraordinarily pleasant to talk to, so calling CS is never a chore.

I also like the fact that their sales people stay in touch with the customers, so I can always call Greg and get the same level of attention that we did when he was trying to make the sale, which I've discovered is quite rare among other companies.

The only gripe we might have - and I have no way of knowing whether this is unique to them or par for the course among web-based software providers - is that the site does go down or experience difficulties about once every other month, but usually only for a few hours.

Certain processes like posting insurance payments take longer with HealthFusion than with our old client-server software, but that is also partly because our old software just let you input whatever you wanted, whereas HealthFusion has you posting the actual insurance checks before you can apply the payment to claims so that they are linked and verifiable.

This is but one example of how their PM can be more time-consuming to use, but is much more rigorous from an accounting and audit standpoint, which is good overall. I trust the numbers that come out of HealthFusion's PM much more than Lytec's reports for things like outstanding A/R and productivity numbers for each provider. I've had an easier time staying on top of aging claims with HealthFusion than I used to with our old software.

Overall we are very happy with HealthFusion's PM, and are just now starting the process of integrating their EMR into our practice.

Ansh
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

NextGen Office: A Cloud-Based Productivity Suite

Bewertet am 20.12.2022

NextGen Office is a cloud-based office productivity suite that includes tools for word processing, spreadsheet management, and presentation creation. One pro of NextGen Office is that it is accessible from any device with an internet connection, allowing users to work from anywhere and collaborate with colleagues in real time. Additionally, NextGen Office is typically less expensive than traditional office productivity software, as it is subscription-based rather than requiring a one-time purchase. This can make it a more cost-effective solution for businesses and individuals.

One potential con of NextGen Office is that it may require an internet connection in order to access and use the tools and features of the platform. This could potentially be an issue for users who need to work offline or do not have reliable internet access. Additionally, some users may prefer the more advanced features and customization options available in other office productivity suites, such as Microsoft Office or Google Workspace. As with any software or platform, it is important for users to carefully evaluate the pros and cons to determine if NextGen Office is the right fit for their needs.

Jonathan

Bewertet am 8.1.2013

I am a Pulmonologist in a busy private subspecialty practice. I have experience using several diffeent electronic health records. Our practice has been using the NextGen product for more than 7 years--so I can speak as a battle tested user of this product. There are certainly some advantages to using any decent electronic health record including access to outpatient records across campus, handling of phone calls, archiving of information, etc. However, the NexGen product has a long, long way to go to catch up. For communication with other physicians the product is atrocious. Computer generated notes are laden with typographical errors, grammatical errors, truncated sentences, and at times gross inaccuracies. For instance, our current template for physical examination puts no output into the office note for the pulmonary exam (and this is for a busy pulmonary practice!). Here is a recent example of text from a COPD follow up note template:

Reason(s) for Visit:
1. COPD - routine follow-up -The patient is seen in follow-up for COPD. The COPD - routine follow-up began since the last office visit. The COPD - routine follow-up has worsened. It occurs daily. The patient rates the severity of the symptoms as mildly severe. Symptom is aggravated by moderate activity. Symptoms relieved by resting and sitting. ....

On top of this there are nonsensical changes of font size and style in midsentence that make office documents look like ransom notes. I care about the quality of my written work, so I literally spend hours each, most of our template improvements are wiped out.

In my view, NextGen was clearly built first as a billing instrument, not as robust tool to promote all aspects of physician practice. The awards are certainly not for the quality of office notes or layout of screens for the enduser. Labs do not import into notes. Micro reports are difficult to read and necessitate scrolling through multiple windows. Data trending graphs are clunky, improperly scaled and often misplotted. As a practice group, we have tried to work with the NexGen programmers and have been very dissatisfied over 7 years with their lack of responsiveness and seeming inability to fix identified problems. Often when one problem is solved many more are created. As a result, our practice has invested a large amount of funding to support a local programmer to try to correct many of basic flaws in the software that should be part of the package out of the box. Unfortunately, with major system upgrades most of our template improvements have been wiped out.

John
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness

Powerful But Steep Learning Curve

Bewertet am 26.3.2020

NextGen is a very powerful and highly customizable EHR and practice management suite. It is especially handy and speedy if you have it hosted on premise along with a powerful server for SQL. With the right expertise, NextGen can be customized to exactly how you want it to behave. The interface may look a little dated at this point but functionally it is very good. You may also want fairly beefy PCs since the fat client is resource intensive. Having a NG trained expert (or power user) on call/site is extremely helpful as well to get the settings, auto-flow, and templates setup correctly for your practice. NG is really good for medium sized practices as it can handle multiple practices, providers, and specialties all at once. Some setup tasks can be repetitive (and should really be fixed) but once you get familiar with it, and can stomach the licensing costs, NG will serve your practice well as a long term EHR.

NextGen is vastly powerful and has lots of feature that are either built in or can be added.
Good SQL performance.
Flexible and customizable.

Steep learning curve, onsite SME highly recommended.
Expensive licensing
High server and PC requirement to get the best performance

Denise

Nextgen pros and cons

Bewertet am 18.7.2019

Overall the software is very good for daily charge entry, payment posting, and account managing. We use it daily and it is user friendly, even for brand new people just training. The providers are generally happy with the EHR side and its many features including searching patient training items on the spot.

It is user friendly when processing charges and posting payments. The auto flow works wonderfully and can be customized to your needs based on our processes in our office. It has a lot of features that makes charge entry easier like rearranging your codes right in the charge screen and accepting the copay at the same time.

My biggest complaint has been and will be the reporting. The process to create a report is fairly simple but all of the options aren't as available as I'd like and tweaking them is next to impossible. There are some reports we just haven't been able to create.

John

Not as promised.

Bewertet am 15.12.2017

Colleagues, keep looking; I did many hours of research on my final 3 choices, with at least 4 different presentations on MediTouch to myself, my office manager, head nurse and two other providers. Just can't foresee all the glitches, roadblocks, and problems until you buy it and are using it...kind of like the ACA, right Ms. Pelosi? "Let's pass (buy) this bill so we can see what's in it,"

Easy to modify "template" or document on the fly. Scheduling portion is good. Financial reports are good.

Average customer support, at best. You get passed from person to person, promised call-backs are usually days later than promised, sometimes do not occur at all.. Conversion not as promised. Medications documentation is confusing, redundant, very inefficient. Does NOT autopopulate labs results for tracking over time (cannot look at flowsheets unless you individually enter each result into the flowsheet, which is ridiculously inefficient), yet we were shown examples of lab flowsheets. Lots of problems with their electronic claims submissions. If I could get out of my contract (after 1 year of use now), without paying for the full 3 years I signed up for, I would do it immediately!

Paul

Clinically Useless. Lost Productivity. Cryptic data entry/retrieval

Bewertet am 11.9.2016

The product support was horribly useless. The techs and their supervisors knew very little about the product. The Nextgen system itself is the real problem though. It takes so many clicks to perform the very simplest retrieval of information or data entry. The windows to see information or enter are tiny, 1 cm in height and cannot be adjusted. After a full year, our office of 4 MDs and 3 NPs (all tech competent) were still only able to see 10 patients per 8 hour day, and still spend time after hours to document. Awful.

In all honesty, I cannot find one redeeming quality to this EMR, compared to any of the others I've used extensively or on its own.

The answer to the problems were always: "It's being addressed in the next version roll out". This is a half-baked EMR. It's use is a danger to patient care and a real liability. We abandoned it.
The system is intended to have the clinician enter all HPI, IMP and Plan by point and click check-boxes. If these are not used, then it does not collect meaningful use data. However, the clinical utility of the text it generates is so generic, so hard to generate, and so cryptic that it is of no use to retrieve the facts of the the case. The only way to enter your thoughts, history or plan is to free text it (in addition to the mandatory point and clicks), doubling your work.
It doesn't even have a way to carry over information from past notes HPI or plan, so that it can be easily adjusted.

Anne Marie

Bewertet am 6.3.2013

I started using the MediTouch EHR system in the latter part of 2011. I changed over to solo practice of Obstetrics and Gynecology from a group practice and was not eager to have an initial high investment cost to begin a new system. MediTouch was affordable, but also, to my immense pleasure, transferring over from a system that was not only cumbersome but also more costly, I found working with the MediTouch software a delight. (Even more so because it was softer on the pocketbook. The software is really a quality product.

Not only that, there are so many continual improvements that it is hard to keep up. Just recently, I discovered the E&M coding tool. Now I can code office visits with confidence knowing that I have all necessary component for the proper code. I was amazed at how often I would think the visit was one code, such as a 99213, only to find that it was actually a higher code. Most often, what I though should be coded as 99213 was actually 99214. And sometimes, it is only a matter of legitimately documenting something that I had reviewed, but had not put in my note (for example, as smoking history or review of sexual history).

My staff had a harder time with the change than I did, but now, they too prefer this system. There are some functions that need to flow better from the HealthFusion practice management side to the EHR system, for example, follow up appointment intervals, which cannot be seen on the practice management side, but we have managed fine as it is. When those changes come, I know this system will be unbeatable.

I do not think that changing from a paper chart to an EHR system is ever easy. I just finished taking a medical records course, and after learning about chart audits and what are considered deficiencies, I feel confident that with this system, going through such a process would be much less painful. In fact, I think I could approach it with confidence with the MediTouch software.

Changing from paper to an electronic charting system is never easy, but with MediTouch, it was well worth it. Since everyone is different, I think everyone will have to find how this software works best for them. For me, I find my charting is now more thorough and complete than ever. And believe it or not, I spend less time charting than I did before!

Joel
  • Branche: Medizinische Praxis

One year of Meditouch now!

Bewertet am 8.5.2016

Started Meditouch EHR in 2015 after using a customized EHR since 1970s. Overall this past year a good product for the complexity of my medical office. Patients do like the interface and it is quite nice when I use my iPad Pro. Buttons are nice, clear. Search function is getting better.

I'm in a unique situation that Meditouch has never encountered. Because of my high complexity lab I have multiple billing lines for each type of bloodwork and Meditouch did not provide a solution. I have had to pay them for a lab interface but also had to purchase a LIS so our lab can communicate with the EHR just like commercial labs. Billing has been a nightmare for my office manager who did not used to spend hours finishing the day. We are a complex office with bloodwork but our per patient payment is much higher than a standard primary care practice. Patient portal isn't great and many patients complain. I miss my
Programmer and having in house support but Meditouch is getting better. Training is not great and there is a lot of learning on the go. My new physician has had difficulty with it and I'm worried about Locums learning it. I wish there was a support group for all Meditouch users to share their concerns and HF has not really provided that. A lot of EMRs use a groupthink method for billing and it would be useful. I wish there was an east coast office but this issue has improved over the past year