DeskTime

April
April

We LOVE Desktime with Basecamp

Bewertet am 10.11.2022

We use Desktime which seamlessly integrates with Basecamp our Project Management Software. This easily allows us to keep track of where our time is allocated and increase productivity. It is very easy for our team to use. I love the "screenshot" feature.

I do not like how all the team members can see all the projects.

Jeel
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great tool for tracking employee productivity and managing time

Bewertet am 13.1.2023

Overall, Desktime is a valuable asset for any team looking to increase productivity and streamline time management.

The interface is user-friendly and easy to navigate, making it easy for managers to monitor employee work hours and progress on projects. The app also has a variety of features, such as automatic screenshots and website/app tracking, that provide a detailed look into how employees are spending their time.

inaccuracies in tracking or difficulty with the website/app tracking feature. There is also no free version. It is a premium service.

Hi there, Jeel!

Thank you so much for the review!

Actually, we have a Lite plan that is free of charge and meant for a single user. Here you can see all the available Pricing plans and their features in comparison ➡ https://desktime.com/pricing#comparison

Regarding the mentioned inaccuracies with the tracking, please reach out to our Support, and we will be glad to have an in-depth look into your account to see what could be the cause ➡ https://desktime.com/support

We are looking forward to hearing from you!

Have a productive day ahead!

Roochira

Managers review

Bewertet am 29.11.2022

Very good with real time tracking. But can improve further to capture productive time more accuractely.

if i am on team call (via microsoft Teams or Zoom) and the other person on the call is talking and if i am just listening the time doesn't get tracked as productive time. This is a problem. So time is getting under recorded.

Antwort von Draugiem Group

Hi there, Roochira! Thank you for the review!

To help manage your timeline, you can integrate your Google or Outlook calendar into your DeskTime account. To do so, head over to the Integrations section and use the 'Activate' button on the respective calendar.

Once you integrate a calendar, DeskTime will take note of the events entered in the calendar. If you are not tracking time during the event, afterward, the event will be marked on your timeline as productive time and given the event's details as 'Calendar time'.

Here are our guidelines on how to integrate your calendar with DeskTime: https://desktime.com/faq/how-do-calendar-integrations-work

We love to receive our users' ideas on how to improve the app, so you are more than welcome to let us know on our Feature request page ➡ https://desktime.com/feature-requests

If there are any additional questions, you are more than welcome to reach out to us ➡ https://desktime.com/support

Have a productive day ahead!

Natasha

DeskTime Review, Electric Boogalew

Bewertet am 8.11.2022

I'm very impressed by DeskTime. It does nearly all the things I enjoy with tracking my billed time, without me having to do much (except for reassigning what many other companies consider 'un-productive' sites, since I work in social media and Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, among others, are essential to my work day).

DeskTime is incredibly easy to use, with very little fanfare. It's simple to assign apps on their productivity and non-productive ones. I love especially that DeskTime even shows the time on what project I'm working on, and not just the name of the software.

I haven't used DeskTime for long, but I can't see anywhere I could write a note on the idle time I've had during my work day to jot down meetings, on-location assignments photo-/film-shoots etc.

Sahil

Critical Assessment Made Easy

Bewertet am 18.8.2022

The overall experience has been very good with the Desktime tool. It really helps to save a lot of time.

Time tracking - This is the most critical aspect of the tool. We use Desktime to pull the reports for time management. From time taken to complete any project to monitoring the efficiency and productivity of each and every employee. Helps to save a lot of time.

None as of now. most of the features are really helpful.

Zoho CRM

Gründe für den Wechsel zu DeskTime

Lack of effective time reporting and complexities involved
Rudy
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great tool for helping remote-work employees stay productive.

Bewertet am 6.12.2022

Overall, DeskTime has been a very useful tool for us.

Overall, DeskTime has been a very useful tool for us.

I love the dashboard, both for admin use and for the employee view. There is much good information to see at a glance. The reports/exports are also very useful.

I would love to see a task management system (including daily/weekly recurring tasks) be implemented in DeskTime instead of having to use an external program.

Amber
  • Branche: Immobilien

Insurance Policy for Employee Productivity

Bewertet am 8.11.2022

I love being able to monitor the idle time and the shared schedules to see when someone is absent/in office/ or remote.

It is a little confusing have team members listed in 2 different areas. One you can edit, the other one you can't. The set-up was a trial and error issue. The mobile time we turned off as it doesn't actually monitor anything. It just says they are productively working from their phone.

Nathalia
Nathalia

Needs More Work

Bewertet am 19.5.2021

Desktime is used to monitor our remote workers but we know the system can be cheated. We definitely think this program should have an alert system with the same screen shot has been up for 45 minutes. Also better reporting capabilities using decimals instead of hours and minutes to help with paying employees faster and more accurately.

Available screenshots every 15 minutes
Ability to enter manual entries especially when the app fails to connect.
Reports for most productive and Least productive

Export report for hours is not in decimal format, not great for paying employees

App fails frequent

App can be easily tricked. Will show productive but same screen shot could be up for two hours. App needs to recognize same screen and send notifications to employer to alert supervisor of employee misconduct.

Report for weekly hours is not alphabetical. Order has no specific purpose.

There should be weekly report for flagged behavior

Lino Roy
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Overall assessment to the product

Bewertet am 11.9.2023

Very good tool to measure employee productivity and efficiency as the product flagship

export/report features, screenshots, backend settings to control security

proactive monitoring has to be improvedexport/report must be as accurate as possible at all times

Rohit
Rohit
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

The most effective tool for tracking productivity

Bewertet am 19.1.2024

1. It's simple to keep a careful eye on your employees using this amazing tool.
2. Employees can be retrieved on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis.
3. We can also segment the employees by department and retrieve the necessary information.

Although all features are great but this tool works very well on windows but it lack on linux.

Samantha
  • Branche: Versorgungsunternehmen

Good, with a Few Issues

Bewertet am 2.11.2022

This software is good, if you feel the need to track employees. You can see what they are doing and when they are doing it.

Desktime is easy to use. It's easy to onboard new people, assign them to teams, and track usage. The dashboard is sleek, informative, and easy to read. I like that we're able to see at a glance what all team members are doing at any moment in time. The implementation for new hires is very quick, just a name, an email, and a team to assign them to is all that's necessary. I do like the reporting structure; I can see what sites someone is visiting and code them appropriately (productive, not productive, or neutral).

It is a pricy system. I haven't compared to other time tracking software, but for us (a company with 35 tracked employees), it's fairly expensive. There have been several issues lately with their reporting of proper time worked/productivity, which took awhile to resolve. Another major issue is that reporting is vast, but difficult to pull what you need. For instance, I have hybrid employees and it is a major hassle to extract the data based on remote or in-office days.

Mario
  • Branche: Personalbeschaffung & -besetzung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Amazing, easy to deploy and good value for money

Bewertet am 5.7.2021

We're able to monitor and measure trends within our workforce. This allows us to deploy different tactics and improve time management.

The fact the product doesn't affect the computer's performance. We've installed in more than 200 computers, and all of them run smoothly.

The fact we're unable to have screenshots taken for the price we pay for.

TimeCamp und Time Doctor

Ease of use, price.
Viktor

Fantastic Service, yet Needs Direction

Bewertet am 9.1.2017

A great service that allows tracking and reporting on computer use - its scalability, ease of installation and general ease of use allow it work very well for my organization and for many others, I assume.

That said, there are several features that were available previously that are no longer baseline. It is important for DeskTime to determine exactly in which direction they want to push their features and their tracking, as the inability to track activity in one way, may avoid a need for DeskTime altogether.

Specifically, allowing the reporting to break down a users' actions within a given hour has disappeared from the transition of Desktime to New Desktime and this feature specifically allows us to gather insights.

All-in-all, Desktime is a very powerful tool for management and for reporting and team performance assessment, yet could take an extra step in defining some key features. More desktop alerts, stronger hour-reporting, and offline time mapping would all help in making Desktime the ultimate tool for time management.

-Great reporting for activities
-Administrative rights are defined correctly

-Lacking significant alerts
-Private time can't be mapped to specific periods within the day
-Full-screen applications override private-time notifications

Roger

Pretty Good Software

Bewertet am 12.7.2021

This software definitely helps improve our employees productivity, especially since they know they are being tracked. It also helps us make decisions on if a process needs to be changed or streamlined.

The Time Tracking is a big plus. We also really like the project feature.

I think that the integrations are great, but can be worked on. For example, with the Trello Integration, it does sync with DeskTime at a really good interval, however, if we delete or edit a task or project in Trello, it does not edit and/ or delete the task or project in DeskTime. Editing the times that employees log is a little cumbersome as an administrator. I should be able to edit or delete extra time that was logged incorrectly. Also we have had issues with projects being archived. If the amount of time between when a project has been logged could be extended, that would be great.

Antwort von Draugiem Group

Hi Roger! Thank you for the honest feedback. We are continuously working on improving our product and will take your review into consideration. The DeskTime team

Swen
  • Branche: Kunst & Handwerk
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

DeskTime is a must have!

Bewertet am 15.2.2022

Time tracking and attendance monitoring have never been easier! DeskTime has been really useful regardless of working from the office or remotely.
It really improved our time management skills as with DeskTime's help it's very simple to check and evaluate where and how your time is being spent throughout the working day.

For me, It is crucial that the software that's being used by so many of our coworkers remain user-friendly and easily accessible for everyone. DeskTime absolutely delivers in that regard!

I'd say reports and reporting features could have been handled a bit better. I've found myself somewhat limited a couple of times when I was trying to generate some advanced reports but, that being said, you'll find no issue if you're not looking for something very complicated.

Shanna
  • Branche: Rechtsberatung

Keep Track with DesktTime

Bewertet am 29.3.2021

Overall Desktime has been great for employees trying to manage themselves while working at home. It gives them the freedom to do what they want while holding them accountable for how their time is spent.

I love how Desktime measures in productivity. This shows us that even though employees may be on the clock, they may/may not be working exactly. Desktime allows us to define which programs and applications on the computer that when are use are deemed "productive," so as long as those apps are being used, the employees work will reflect productive. Unproductive apps (facebook, twitter, etc.) will count towards unproductive time used. This really gives a clear picture of how time is used.

I wish it had more editing features. Sometimes I may need to edit or add a block of private time, but I'm unable to do so. I also wish screen shots were clearer or could be zoomed in on.

Hsiang

I use Desktime everyday!

Bewertet am 10.1.2017

We're a small web design and development company here in Taiwan with about 10-15 person.

We use...

We use Desktime on our daily work to track the productivity of our colleagues, though it is not used as a key for employee's evaluation, but it is definitely a tool to help our company boost their attention, which also comes with a good healthy competition, and we will award the best employee of the month thru it.

There's a lot of Desktime we like which we don't usually see on other apps, those includes some automatic detection of the website if they're productive or not, we can also add projects for special tracking, we can also limit the users from their IPs incase they're abusing it at home, lol.

I think Desktime is actually lack of some marketing, it is a worthy competition to Rescue Time, you should give it a try! ;)

Some features such as project controls, site controls, groups, etc.

The price and app stability I guess

Elena
Elena
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Couldn't live without it

Bewertet am 10.8.2021

I think I'm one of the early adopters and I've seen it evolve over the years. I always liked how they added new features and constantly improved the product.

It's very easy to use, intuitive, and it gives me everything I need from a time tracking app.

Love the fact that it captures everything I do on the computer. Even if I forget to track work on a certain project, I can always retrace my steps and assign the minutes/hours manually.

The productive/unproductive categorization is very beneficial to have a bird's-eye view of my activity.

I've used it in parallel with Toggl for a long time and Desktime was superior on so many levels.

I haven't yet found things I don't like about it.

Christopher
  • Branche: Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr

Best for employee monitoring

Bewertet am 17.3.2023

Overall great experience with DeskTime been using it for over 10+ years.

Overall great experience with DeskTime been using it for over 10+ years.

Employee monitoring and productivity tracking has always been a great tool especially during covid and the work from home era. The scheduling feature is also very user friendly.

Wish the scheduling was more built out, with text notifications for employees or a actual schedule app to be able to use for the everyday employee.

Alice

Easy attendance management

Bewertet am 16.11.2022

Easy to use whenever the employer is located in the world. All employees will be logged in Desktime when they work, and the employer has the authority to check on all employees, see their arrival, time of spending on different programs, and their absence daily, weekly, or even monthly.

That DeskTime tracks every single web or program and names it. Depending on the employees' work/responsibility, it is a necessity to check on programs that are even unproductive, even though it's not true. It affects productivity and effectiveness.

Leshan
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

One of the best tracking system

Bewertet am 5.7.2021

Online tracking, silent client and reports

We haven't use the Projects option much.

Time Tracker
Juan
  • Branche: Outsourcing/Offshoring
  • Unternehmensgröße: 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

It's been very useful for us.

Bewertet am 24.11.2023

Desktime has been very useful in the management of work teams, their monitoring and time management, it is a very complete platform.

One of the things I'm not a fan of is that it takes a while to download the reports, many times the screenshots are lost for no apparent reason, but in general, it is a strong platform.

Gourav
  • Branche: Glücksspiel & Casinos
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Happy to Use this tracking tool

Bewertet am 5.4.2023

The best part about DeskTime is its easy to deploy and easy to use and manage.

There is not any big issue in this tool.Over all its best to use.

Time Doctor
Sarath
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness

Best Cost efficient and User friendly Employee Time tracking Software

Bewertet am 22.8.2022

Using desktime we are able to know what the team is doing from the user level, how much work is being done on a daily basis, and where we are lacking in allocation and strategy. It gives us transparency and clarity which is very good in setting standards and maintaining production.

* Easy to implement
* Easy to maintain
* Interface is very good and the way data is displayed is excellent
* Automated screenshots every 3 mins is a very good feature

* Email Notifications need to be customizable
* Notification for when a user is idle for more than a set time is a must for large organizations
* And more testing before releasing new updates as I have experienced issues with screenshots previously.

Clarisse Maria
  • Branche: Bau
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Desktime helps my company to control my costs

Bewertet am 20.8.2021

Desktime is an essential tool for the day-to-day of my company, so that we have a good time control of the activities developed.

The most important function in Desktime is for my company to be able to visualize in real time the time spent on each of the projects, without the need for controls or complex systems. In this way, we can correct any flaws in our planning more quickly.

We lost a little flexibility in use of the system when we need to later record the projects that we sometimes forget to register.