Tick

Josh
  • Branche: Medienproduktion

Easiest time tracking tool

Bewertet am 15.10.2018

The simple and low-profile integration (app) with our Mac users makes it easy to track time. I would hope a more robust app version would be implemented as an option in the future.

I love how easy Tick is to use. The interface is streamlined for both the user and administrator. The API is simple, yet has just enough features to make it worth implementing.

The software is great for freelance base and general time tracking, but not for payroll. Because of this, we use another software for actual payroll.

Jeffrey

Great Time Tracking Tool

Bewertet am 16.10.2018

It has boosted our workflow efficiency significantly. We weren't aware of how much guesstimating was killing us until we started using Tick.

One thing we struggle with is giving accurate times for our project. While estimation was ok, over time we were severely over/under budgeting our time. Tick gives us up-to-date, solid data on how much time we're actually spending on each project. It's features are simple, and simple is what we need. There's not a lot of fancy gimmicks which has been a blessing. We don't have time to mess around with in-depth functionality and were just looking for a clock to keep track of our projects. Does it in spades.

If you're looking for a more fleshed out project management software, this might not be your best option. Its efficiency is found in its simplicity.

Jason
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Does what it's supposed to quite well

Bewertet am 18.4.2017

Tick time tracking software may not be the most sexy, or have the most bells and whistles. That said, it does what it says it will do very well and is the only time tracking software to support recurring retainers without any screwing around. That said, there used to be a desktop app that worked great but was abandon for a chrome extension. The desktop app was much better and didn't rely on your choice of browser.

All in all, it's a reliable software that is easy to use and doesn't overpromise what it is.

Easy time tracking, recurring retainers, solid reporting options.

No desktop time tracker, no pacing widget (it would be great to see a trend line with budget vs actual over a period of time)

Oscar
  • Branche: Internet
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

We better measure project time and budget.

Bewertet am 11.6.2018

We use Tick to set a budget for every of our team project. We are able to setup our projects , assign project tasks and projected budget for the project. We are allowed to modify our project budget ,by either increasing or decreasing the budget.
Overall Tick has made it very easy to effectively plan the time and resource we allot to a project.Allowing us dedicate more time or less time to projects ; depending on their size.

Have only got reservations about the visual setup for our projects.It makes it cumbersome to differentiate between the actual time and budget time.

Abimbola
  • Branche: Unterhaltung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Best for tracking time spent on projects.

Bewertet am 25.6.2018

There are multiple time tracking programs out there,who try to do way too much and eventually end up creating a jack of all trade program,with no particular area of distinction.
Tick absolves itself from the pack by simply focusing on project time tracking and resource management and does a fantastic job in both areas..
I like its user interface as I have always found it intuitive ,and makes it very easy to enter new projects and tasks.This is the best time tracking program I have come across and am certain,I will be on this one for a long time.

Will be nice to see Tick emerge into a complete project management program like Jira and the likes.However it does a fantastic job in its core area of focus.

Alexis
  • Branche: Buchhaltung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Tick makes every tock considered

Bewertet am 13.9.2018

Tick has allowed me to manage and track projects and tasks with ease. Overdue deadlines are easily recognizable and allow you to prioritize your time.

Excuse the poor pun. Tick is a wonderful time management software used to help coordinate deadlines and and manage projects. Tick can be run on computers, phones and even an apple watch. The universal accessibility makes Tick easy to implement and easy to follow. Tick allows for "budget tracking" which helps tell you if you or your team is falling behind on a particular task or project.

Tick unfortunately cannot force you or your team to do a project. In all seriousness, Tick has a single purpose and can easily be overtaken by a more sophisticated piece of software that includes project management.

Ruby
  • Branche: Bau

Time tracking made simple

Bewertet am 13.11.2018

The main thing was lost time. Since before guys had to wait to enter time into our office software we where not billing accurately but now that is history. And keeping a running group tally of time is soo helpful

I loved the timers, it made it so easy to go from task to task and keep track of all billable time without much effort. Just a click here and a click there as you go from task to task and done!

It took me awhile to get used to the flow but once you get it, you just get it! the guys love the fact they can record time from there phones and not have to remember to do so later.

Nipuna
  • Branche: Fluggesellschaften/Luftfahrt
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Track your time within a Tick

Bewertet am 27.8.2019

Great, simple and pretty interface. Easily understandable software.

Its a very simple software and anyone can use it easily. It allow to track time easily and quickly with its simple user interface.

Synchronization is very lagging sometimes.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

Time Doctor
Cindy

Tick Review

Bewertet am 23.10.2019

My overall experience with the Tick software is that I am a bit underwhelmed with the general operation of it and also the design is very plain. No vibrant colors or unique features that really stand out for me. The look of the software just doesn't strike me as software that I would recommend to colleagues or to friends. It's just a bit too plain and boring.

What I liked most about using Tick software is just how well it organises my time for me. It literally counts down the amount of minutes it takes me to complete a task or how long I still have left over to finish up on a task that I am working on.

What I like least about Tick software is that while the first 30 days are free a monthly subscription after the free time trial has ended is a bit of a steep rate considering that Tick really is just a glorified clock ticking down the time just as your wristwatch does. Unfortunately I do not really see a lot of value for money in using Tick unless they can maybe add another feature to the software that could make it worth the almost twenty dollar a month price plan.

Brandi
  • Branche: Gastgewerbe

Tick Tick Tok

Bewertet am 25.9.2022

The reporting feature is fairly easy to use.

If you’re not careful, you can easily put in hours on the wrong day.

Frankie
  • Branche: Versorgungsunternehmen

Tick Overall Review

Bewertet am 7.12.2016

Tick is a great add-on for Basecamp. It provides an easy way to enter time for different projects. We use it in conjunction with Basecamp II. It is super easy to import your projects and add different tasks. i.e. For our projects, we assigned tasks such as Construction QC, Construction Engineering, Indirect Time, Meetings, PTO, Training, etc.
Easy user interfaces to select project, select task and enter the time completed. It also exports to excel in which it was easy to retrieve the data and add to pivot tables to graphically view where time is being spent.
It used to have a great timer app for the computer or cell phone but security concerns with Basecamp shut it down for Basecamp II. Not sure if it's been added to Basecamp III. Great value for up and coming businesses and with the export capability can prepare for bigger platforms.

Ease of use.

Needs the timer function back.

Antwort von Higher Pixels Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Hey Frankie,

Thank you for reviewing Tick. We've added new phone apps and a Mac App to replace the old Adobe Air application.

We also rolled out Basecamp 3 support early this summer so you can track time inside Basecamp 3 if you ever decide to upgrade.

Thanks,
Alban

Stan
  • Branche: Verlagswesen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

My company uses this just to track time spent on various projects and it works pretty well for...

Bewertet am 28.4.2017

Time tracking that we can't do anywhere else on our existing project systems.

Works on via the web as well as software installed on Mac or PC. For a company like ours who use a variety of browsers and operating systems, this seems to work the same for everyone. My preference is the web interface as it allows me to enter time as I'm doing it, ahead of time, or after the fact. I use the widget on the Mac side to provide regular reminders to log my time, which is the kick in the tush I usually need.

With a lot of projects on the account, it can take a while to switch from entering time into existing projects to editing that project or creating a new one. Doesn't integrate with our other project software (or we haven't tried to do so), so there's no detail to the projects...just a reference to log the time.

Kyle
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use but painfully slow

Bewertet am 18.4.2017

I'm not sure if it's due to the very large number of projects/tasks we have at my company, but Tick has gotten slower and slower over the months, taking sometimes as long as 30 seconds for the time entry fields to populate with the associated project/task information when clicking a recently-used item from the sidebar. Aside from this, it's great! Simple, pretty interface that's very straightforward and easy to understand and navigate.

The simplicity is the best thing about Tick. We also use Liquid Planner and it is so bloated and confusing, seemingly only for the sake of being bloated and confusing. Tick is a welcome, refreshing sight to behold at the end of the day when entering time.

The ongoing slowdowns when choosing recently-used items from the right-hand sidebar. It can take up to 30 seconds sometimes in order for the time entry fields to update with the item clicked.

Travis
  • Branche: Design
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Pretty good time recording software.

Bewertet am 24.4.2017

Have been using tick with my company IDL Worldwide for sometime now. It has proven to be a valuable tool in keeping track of our billable time. Things to consider if you haven't already implemented them. Have a calendar view along side the week view to input time. Sometimes when going back to previous entry's it becomes hard to look back at older time entry's. Also it becomes cumbersome when I need to input the same entry for multiple days simultaneously, it seems i can't do that and have to still input day by day. I would love to see an option of selecting multiple days to input time, not that it would be a massive time save in entering our time, but speed increases in entering time and further progression with ease of use is always needed!

Thanks Much,

-Travis Auerbeck

Pretty user Friendly and easy to navigate.

See first review entry

Beth
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Sturdy foundation - ready for upgrade.

Bewertet am 18.4.2017

Tick is fine- we use it in our company fairly easily. Can't complain. But I really think Tick is missing an opportunity.

Everyone hates entering time. We're a busy company and it's really the last thing we want to do. The process is always like pulling teeth. There's no real reason aside from the fact that daily admin work is not exactly the strong suit of creatives.

But, I think what would make Tick boom is some slick gamification. When FourSquare was still a thing, people in our company used to get to work early if only to keep their mayor status. It was a competition. If you could do the same badge system for time tracking (without compromising the actual tracking of time). Your platform would sell like hotcakes.

Does an efficient job at aiding in time tracking.

Pretty plain, fine to use but not enjoyable to use.

Kevin
  • Branche: Animation

Effective and Simple Time Tracking

Bewertet am 24.4.2017

The best part about Tick is that it's simple. It focuses on time tracking and makes it super easy to add and track hours to projects. It's helpful that we can plug our Tick accounts into our Basecamp projects and have timelines synced up. Tick allows us to keep track of our hours and keep our projects on budget. I would definitely recommend Tick to any project managers or teams need to keep tasks within budget.

It's very simple to use. Employees can be easily trained to start using it in only a few minutes and project managers can easily grasp how to track their projects.

Sometimes if employees need to add time for multiple days, it can be a clunky and slow experience adding multiple entries.

Alan
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste

VP of Sales, Marketing & Strategic Consulting

Bewertet am 19.4.2017

Very easy to use internally and with contractors. I wish it would enhanced to allow entry of role specific rates for each project and then a report to show gross project profitability each week, month, quarter etc. This would seem to be easy to add and would provide us much benefits.

Low cost, easy to use time sheet entry and reporting online tool

Repetitive entries are cumbersome, requiring multiple entries of same information for multiple days. No way to restrict entry to maximum hours setup for a role in a project, or request for overage. No way to restrict daily maximum hours entry.

Sophisticated applications like Tick does matter in Project Management

Bewertet am 3.5.2018

Time tracking made easy and managing the task.

Adding and updating features is most important for any application and Tick does the same, it keeps on updating and adding new features. Easy to understand, use and manage the task. Ease of use what I like the most, you can use it on web/mobile anywhere and be updated with the notification on the go.

For me, there is nothing to complain about it. I wish I could integrate this application and send automated time sheets to all.

Aarun
  • Branche: Unternehmensberatung

Still getting used to Tick

Bewertet am 28.12.2016

So far I've used Tick exclusively through its Chrome extension (which works amazingly). This process is still being adopted by our organization to identify major time constraints in our department. It didn't take very long (a day or two) to get into the habit of using Tick (again through the Chrome extension). I think for what Tick tries to accomplish the current features and functions are complimentary, I don't find myself wanting something more. As mentioned previously I find Tick extremely easy to use through the Chrome extension, but I tend to not use the Tick website for our organization. I can't really comment on the "Value for Money" as our director/CEO are footing the bill and I don't know how much we are spending. On a personal note, so far I don't find it very insightful. However I can see how it is a useful tool, it is nice to catalog and see where my time is being spent. My major point is in asking if Tick's implementation in our organization will actually make a difference, time will tell. Still getting used to the web-app but it seems handy!

Ease of usage through the Chrome extension. I usually hate Chrome extensions and they usually tend to be useless, but the extension for Tick works flawlessly, well done.

No detracting points per say, I just have personal reservations as to how Tick will make a difference in the long term.

• Branche: Musik
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig
  • Täglich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

Keep track of your working hours for a small fee.

Bewertet am 6.3.2021

Tick really is a great support for freelancers, that need to keep track of their working hours. Tick helps me to easily log in and out when i am working, automatically calculating my income and keeping track of my breaks.

Tick is easily accesible with your mobile devices. Thus you can keep track of your time even while working outside.
With non-billable hours you can also keep track of the amount of your brakes to improve your efficiency.

Tick really isn't the prettiest application out there. Bulky windows and unispired colours make it appear rather unprofessional. Luckily though the functionality really is the important part with this application.

Chris
  • Branche: Informationsdienst
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

We needed a simple way to capture timebooking information for our people. Tick is perfect!

Bewertet am 19.8.2017

A simple ability to capture and report on time booking data in a highly efficient and cost effective way.

Simple to set up and use, great interface and UX and the ability to run multiple timers on multiple devices is loved by our team. The simple reports give us instant views on our key data and the CSV export allows us to dump data into Excel easily for more detailed analysis if and when we need to. Unlike other resource management tools we tested prior to going with Tick, it does NOT feel like we are using a sledgehammer to crack a nut. The cost of the "unlimited projects/unlimited people" licence means we can deploy Tick across our business without spending a small fortune. All told, a great solution!

The structure of client/project/task can be limiting and requires careful planning. A way of grouping at sub-project or workpack level with a project would add to the flexibility of Tick. The permissioning structure (effectively either Admin with access to everything everywhere or User with only personal timesheet access) is fine but we have cases where a "team leader" type role would be much better.

devaun

Tick time software is easy to use

Bewertet am 10.5.2018

I'm a software consultant and I need to enter time into several systems weekly. (Client and pass through sides). The client's Microsoft share point version is terrible. But the Tick software is so easy to use. Just pick client and day, set time. So nice. I highly recommend.

I wish it would default the client drop-down when I only have one this period. (This might be there but a setting not configured.)

Anthony

Works well enough

Bewertet am 18.4.2017

I have had very few problems with tick. Depending on window size and how often you remove and add screens, some formatting issues will take place like it wont match where your mouse is to where you click. Other than that its fine.

very easy to use. it is one of the most user friendly time trackers out there. i love the chrome extentions

Again some formatting issues will happen from screen to screen when where you click it wont match to where your mouse is.

TYLER
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

A pretty good option - if you don't mind the look

Bewertet am 6.2.2020

Tick helped us get a better understanding of how we were spreading out our time, allowing us to make some conscious decisions about shifting our priorities to further our goals.

My team and I trialed this software as a way to manage and track our time spent on various projects. At any given time we have 3 or 4 major things running, that fall under different portfolios, and we were looking to get a clear understanding of how that time was being divided. Tick allowed us to do this with ease, and that was it's biggest selling feature. We've used a ton of software and the biggest turn off is "how much time does this take to use". An app that exists to track my time shouldn't need a separate tracker for how much time I waste using it. Tick was quick and efficient.

It looks u - g - l - y. This is maybe a personal issue more than it would be for other people, but it really made using it hard because it is just SO visually unappealing. The 'look' of things is so important these days, it always stands out when software just isn't up to snuff.

CINDY
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

An Indispensable Tool for a Freelancer

Bewertet am 18.4.2017

As a freelance writer who regularly bills by the hour, I don't know how I would manage without Tick. It is super easy to track time, edit projects - I always have multiple projects going simultaneously - and run reports when it's time to get invoices out. I especially love the stopwatch feature. My one qualm is that it isn't easy to delete old projects. I suppose this is a safety measure, and it's not a big deal to live with.

Stopwatch feature

Inability to easily delete old projects. There are several steps involved.