Hero Bewertungen

Hero

Student behavior management software for K-12 schools

4.6/5 (110 Bewertungen)
Mit Google übersetzen

We have gained momentun in shifting the culture at our campus and building a positive community.

Bewertet am 8.8.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

We have increased the engagment in the classroom and are reducing the negative actions. Students are getting used to the positive expectations. We are facilitating more rather than responsing to negative behavior.

We like the fact that it is web based and we can access it from anywhere. As as administrator, it is a great way to interact with students and give them points at the same time. At lunch, they see us taking our phones out and they know we are issuing points! They sure have their ID ready to scan! Teachers love it because they can now recognize students for displaying positive behavior in the classroom. It is starting to encourage students that would not likely participate be an active member of the classroom. It is easy enough to use that, teachers that are hesitant to use this new technology, are adapting positively. The equipment is simple to use also. Students love the incentives, teachers like being recognized for using it (ie. lunch on the principal), and parents are stating that their child talk about HERO K-12 at home. This year we are opening our VIP Lounge. Our campus is only going to get better. Overall it is fantastic!!! You can follow us on Twitter to see what is trending at our campus at #ccmsthisishowwedoit or #ccmsbethat1person.

Mit Google übersetzen

Students have responded for me in an extremely positive way.

Great Classroom Control!!!

I love that the program rewards positive behaviors and changes the climate of my classroom. I have almost eliminated all classroom disruption. I do not have to do anything to keep my classroom under control. I actually have students that volunteer to do things that they would never have done before. I actually have students who stay behind and clean up my room and organize papers to get those valuable HERO points!!!

For several months, I wanted the ability to edit the program for my school. Some things were not working properly, but it was due to administration in action and not a fault of the program itself.

I do wish that the photo scanner would be upgraded. It is difficult to scan ID tags with the app open.

wonderful

Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt
Bewertet am 9.5.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

The benefits inlcude positive feedback, rewards, and motivation for the students.

What I like most about the site is it makes it easy for me to complete my challenges in order to get the free stuff. It also allows me to give positive feedback to my students. I like the fact that the software makes it convienient. The school is able to implement a program that is helpful for students and the staff. The principal is able to take time to give positive feedback to the students as well. The students are able to gain stuff for behaving in school. It's difficult to always focus on teh negative in the school. The software allows me to focus on the positivie.

There isn't anything I don't like about the software. The software has been easy to work and very manageable to the school. The software makes it easy for teachers, administrators, parents, and students to see thier progress. It may be easier if the software wasn't just a browser, but also an app that can be easily accessed. The app can be easily accessible on the computer, cellphone, or any other smart device.

Mit Google übersetzen

We use Hero K12 at our school to encourage the students in good behavior as well as being on time.

Bewertet am 25.7.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

It helps to motivate my students in forming good classroom behavior habits. The students are rewarded for getting to the classroom on time and for being prepared to learn in a number of different ways. The students earn points for exhibiting good habits/behavior which they use to earn admission to a special activity about twice every 9 week grading period.

Hero K12 is ab;e and willing to customize the system to the desires and needs of the individual school. This helps us in creating the system that supports the goals and aims of our leadership team.

It will sometimes take a while for a new student to show up in the system. This may actually be due to our district's system interface with Hero K12.

Mit Google übersetzen

I really enjoy using HERO.

Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt
Bewertet am 11.12.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

The students like when I am monitoring the kindergarten hallway and tell them that they are going to get a point. Once I comment on one kindergarten students excellent behavior and tell them that they are going to get a point everyone shapes up immediately. I wish there was a way to display all kindergarten students on a tablet by class, so I could quickly give them a point based on teacher and first name specifically for monitoring the hallway and I also think this would be an excellent tool for our cafeteria staff.

I like that I can select my whole class then deselect the students that did not earn the points. I also like that I can reward my students at the end of the week for their positive behavior. I also think it is great that I am able to use the app on my cell phone, so I am able to award points to students that are not in my class as I monitor the halls in the morning.

When I select my whole class then deselect those students that did not display that behavior, I wish I could adjust the level of points earned for each student between 1 to 5.

Mit Google übersetzen

I use Hero in my classroom every day. Students earn Hero points for meeting classroom expectations.

Bewertet am 10.5.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

My school has seen major reductions in tardies and increases in positive behavior. I use Hero to motivate my students to follow my classroom procedures, to do well on tests and quizzes, and to do the little extra things that help everyone to get along as a group.

Hero has provided my school with a mechanism to incentivize positive behavior by students. The culture change has been dramatic. Our tardies are way down and our students look for ways to do the right thing. The combination of web access and a mobile app makes Hero convenient to use in the classroom.

The user interface on the website is not very efficient. The alphabetical listing in rows instead of columns makes it slow and inconvenient to find student names. The need to enter information on three separate pages, each of which is often slow to load, makes it time-consuming to enter points.

Mit Google übersetzen

HERO has changed the way that I manage my classroom.

Bewertet am 15.2.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

This program allows me to give positive and negative points based on student behavior. Students can cash out their points for rewards from the front office. It also allows me to track and monitor problem students and focus on them for interventions.

The report generators could use a lot of help. Sometimes I would like to narrow my searches. The current program does not allow for that.

Mit Google übersetzen

Hero is easy to use and allows the user to be specific about what the hero points are for.

Bewertet am 11.12.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Hero enables easy classroom management. Students tend to exhibit positive behaviors because the point-system is a reinforcer of positive behaviors while reducing unwanted behaviors. Inadvertently, hero enables the inculcation of positive interactions among students and adults, and the development of social skills necessary for students to function as responsible citizens both locally and globally.

I like that I can target specific behavior by rewarding positive behaviors through a point system.

I can not give the points in retrospect. At the end of the day, if I did not get time to award the points, I cannot go back to do so.

Mit Google übersetzen

The system that all have access to is easy to use and award points but accessing data our way hard

Bewertet am 8.5.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I like that the program allows us to provide staff with parameters while still allowing us the flexibility to let them individualize according to their needs and desires.

I don't like that it is currently not compatible with our Aeries because it would facilitate data recording and allow us to focus on the positive aspects that Hero allows for. I also would like it if we were able to access usage data in a percentile format i.e. we have staff with smaller number of students they see per day compared to others and awarding points each period but when I run report, their numbers are significantly smaller because it is based on total points awarded NOT percentile of points awarded .

7.0/10

Early Bird points

Bewertet am 26.10.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I really like it. The students want to have avatars though instead of ID pictures.

The early bird points are easy to give for students that arrive on time for class. I have seen students arrive promptly to get points. Rewarding punctuality often deters tardiness.

I really wish the app scanning feature didn't stick and I could easily scan students at the door upon entry.

Mit Google übersetzen

PBIS easy as pie with Hero!

Bewertet am 5.10.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

With HERO our school can track behaviors that we must address and with our PBIS system operating in an efficient manner, we can reward promptly.

So easy to track our school's behaviors and the technical support responds immediately. I appreciate being able to read outcomes of schools nationwide who are experiencing success with Hero.

At this time the single complaint that I am experiencing is probably updates with the system as on occasion, I am unable to access from the school computer, yet am able to access from my personal phone.

Mit Google übersetzen

I love HERO program and software. I use it daily for my students' behavior.

Bewertet am 19.12.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I enjoy tracking my students on a daily basis and sharing it with them for future celebrations and behavior reinforcement.

I like the easy access at any time during my school day and the ability to see my students' points as they increase and share that with them.

Very rarely, but sometimes there is a lag or it does not work. Very rarely. Other than that, it's great.

Mit Google übersetzen

Overall my experience has been positive. I like that I can target specific behaviors with Hero.

Bewertet am 25.7.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I like that it is easy to use for me and my students. My students have learned how to give themselves points and are very excited when they are able to. It also allows students to be actively involved and has been really motivating for my students.

I do wish that there was a way to stay logged into the program for longer periods of time. Sometimes I want to award my students points only to find that I have been logged out and it's time consuming to log out again.

Mit Google übersetzen

Hero is an excellent program to use with our school's Positive Behavior programs.

Bewertet am 11.8.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

This software helps our school to teach students to work towards a larger goal.

It is easy to use. It allows students to work towards a larger goal over time instead of constant expectation of small rewards.

The program is occasionally slow. I would like to see it work faster at times. Other than that, I have no complaints.

Hero K12

Bewertet am 7.10.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Having the ability to give instant feedback to students and parents is great. The data we can collect on student behavior is excellent for decision making purposes.

There are some management features that are not available for Hero admins. For example, I had a lot of issues with student forgetting their passwords. Our students do not have access to email so they can't reset on their own, and Hero does not give admins the ability to reset.

Mit Google übersetzen

Hero is a great management system. With Hero, our students are more actively engaged in behavior.

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Hero is very user friendly for staff, students, and parents. The system allows staff to track student behavior and look for trends. Staff can also use Hero for positive reinforcement.
Students are able to stay engaged with their positive and negative behaviors. They can use their points for fun incentives.
Parents have an opportunity to see how their children are doing in real time.
Hero Support is excellent.

Hero has a few minor limitations on the administrative side. Some of the reports are lacking a filter that my admin would like. The functionality of the Event system is not great.

Mit Google übersetzen

Simple, but frustrating to use due to quick log-out time.

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

It incentivizes my students to come to class on-time and ready to learn. Additionally, it is a helpful tool for encouraging class participation.

The program does not update with Powerschool regularly. Additionally, when awarding points to multiple students, it often gives 3 points to one student and 1 to the others.

Antwort von Hero K12

Thanks for your feedback, Katarina! We're sorry to hear that you've had trouble syncing Hero with Powerschool. We've passed along your feedback to our product team to review the Powerschool integration, as well as the challenge you are having with awarding points to multiple students at the same time. Both sound solvable. Our team will contact you to sort things out.

Mit Google übersetzen

Hero is a simple and fun way to increase positive behaviors in students.

Bewertet am 20.7.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

School behaviors and culture improved. The students loved earning rewards for positive behaviors rather than strictly negative consequences.

The program is an easy to use tracking system. The features and functionality are simple. The website and customer support are awesome!

If you are not specifically tied to a class, (e.g. resource teacher, school counselor, admin) it can be time-consuming to search for students, especially if you want to award a bulk number of points.

Mit Google übersetzen

Hero is easy to use and a great way to shift your focus from negative to positive.

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Hero is an easy-to-use solution to a school-wide reward system. In addition to providing positive feedback to our students, it can also be used to track tardies, ID violations, dress code violations, etc.

It is easy to implement school-wide to gain the most benefit. On our campus, teachers focus on awarding positive Hero points while the administrative team oversees the tardy, ID and dress code violations. I love being able to focus my attention on the positive things happening in my classroom and on our campus.

Our biggest challenge is allowing co-teachers the rights to view the entire class so they can easily give points.

Hero

Bewertet am 24.10.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

The students are more prone to wear their IDs and get to class on time in order to earn points. It definitely increases positive behavior.

It is very easy to use and it motivates the students to "get caught doing something good"

There is nothing I don't like. I love it all.

Mit Google übersetzen

I love HERO. It's done wonders for our school. :)

Bewertet am 7.5.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

The climate at school is much better. The kids are happier, and they enjoy coming to the HERO store and earning more points for demonstrating positive behaviors.

I like that it's pretty simple to use, and our support person Alexandra is the best. I also like that the kids enjoy earning points, and that we can have our HERO store for the kids to purchase what they want/need. I also like that this is way more universal than our previous PBIS stuff.

I don't like that we can only give/redeem 250 points at a time. I also don't like that we don't have automatic roster uploads yet.

Mit Google übersetzen

Hero is easy to use and students respond to the positive reinforcement.

Bewertet am 12.12.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

There are many benefits to this application. If I had to select only a couple it would be the ease of use and the positive impact it has on students.

When it comes to the software, I like the ease of use. Students also able to view their progress and central detentions.

There really isn't anything I do not like about the software. If I could modify anything it would be the ability to retract a central if I accidentally gave one.

Mit Google übersetzen

An unbelievable change in tardies and school atmosphere in the minutes after the tardy bell.

Bewertet am 14.12.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

global tracking of positive and negative behaviors. being able to have students "spend" their points for rewards at the hero store. being able to use an app to scan student ID's (apple and android).

I guess the biggest downfall really is the lag time I sometimes get when trying to record points for my students. Also, it seems like it takes just one click too many to record the points.

Mit Google übersetzen

Easy, fun, and helps my students get rewarded for the positives!

Bewertet am 8.5.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I love that this software allows me to reward ALL students who are doing the right thing. It also helps me motivate and encourage students to change behaviors and see immediate rewards from their changes. I also love that it is a school-wide program, every teacher can use it and it helps build student buy-in.

I wish there was a way to spend points in the classroom easier. I want to let my students get rewards weekly by spending their hard-earned points. As of now, there is not this functionality available to classroom teachers.

Mit Google übersetzen

Easy way to reward students for wanted behaviors. Really boost positive culture

Bewertet am 10.5.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Super easy to use. You can just scan students in using their school IDs. Rewards students instantly that they can turn in to things they want.

When it goes down, there is no really easy way to reward students except the old fashion way. When it does go down, it doesn't stay down for long. You also have to have a good internet connection to have it work correctly and quickly