Oasis Insight Bewertungen

Oasis Insight

Client intake & reporting solution for food banks

4.2/5 (94 Bewertungen)

Worst software application I have encountered in 30 years

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

(continued from above) … in that window in order to record one shopping visit. When first required to use this software, we asked if it was possible to set and use default settings to reduce the number of keyboard/mouse interactions and was told it was not possible. Most recently, I sent a message to Oasis asking if the red banner warning that the USDA Eligibility Expiration Date had expired (a decided improvement) could be altered so that the same display that reads "Almost Due" could have its background color changed (a simple code change) to yellow to allow readily distinguishing these alerts to support different actions with clients, I received no response.

There is nothing about this application that merits any commendation, except the recent addition of the banner warning that the USDA Eligibility Expiration date has passed (and that is problematic in that the related "Almost Due" display is distracting, making it difficult to be alert to the needed interaction with clients. I wrote to Oasis about two months ago asking if the "Almost Due" banner background color could be changed from red to yellow (or other distinctive color, a simple coding change), but received no response.

I have volunteered over 20 years checking in client shoppers at Micah 6 Food Pantry in Austin, Texas.
We initially kept records of registered shoppers and their visits to the pantry using an Excel spread sheet program that suited our purposes. When required by the Central Texas Food Bank (formerly Capital Area Food Bank) in Austin to use Oasis Insight to register and record shoppers, we became burdened with its singularly inefficient design that impairs our operation and interactions with client shoppers. We typically check in at least 140 shoppers in one hour on Thursday evenings and another 120 or more on Saturday mornings, each within a period of one to one and a half hours.
To search for and locate each shopper's record and add a record of a shopping visit requires a minimum of eight keystrokes and mouse clicks. We assign a unique four character alphanumeric code for each shopper, yet when we search that code, which we have entered in the Identification Number/Number field, we do not get an immediate display of that one person's record, but a display of the name, which we then have to click to display that record. We record only one type of Assistance - "Food:Pantry Assistance", which is displayed as a default, allowing entry of number of pounds, which we do not record, but use an average weight for all shoppers." Yet, we have to click Assistance in the right margin, then click "Add Assistance, then click "Add" (continued below)

The Oasis Overkill

Täglich für 6-12 Monate genutzt
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Continued from above...do you have any idea how labor intensive it is to maintain up to date barcode ID cards on EVERY client we serve? It's a nightmare. We thought this would be a fantastic route to go down and we were VERY excited to be able to collect online signatures. AS it turns out, it's been a disaster and as soon as I can ditch this software for another (in the process of testing another method) we will.

We like that it collects a bunch of data

We hate that it collects a bunch of "mandatory data". We seriously despise the "creating a report" process, it's ridiculous. I have many volunteers who interface with this software and frankly, it's just overkill for us. It is not user friendly. We neither have the time or desire to enter the dependent of EVERY client we serve. We SHOULD have the option to enter a Number of dependents and list whether they are a child, adult, and senior. We were told we could not enter a child dependent as "child
Smith" or "child Jones". As a user, we should be able to PICK AND CHOOSE which features/data we want to utilize/record in order to build a compelling story. Impoverished families are very NOMADIC. The move, change phone numbers, addresses, and roommates constantly. Every time we enter a client we have to edit all of this information. We have hundreds of new clients a year and I just don't have a need to KNOW the name of every person in their household! Yet we HAVE to enter data in every single field, even if it's "prefers not to answer" which is just time-consuming and ridiculous for our needs. I anticipate a the beginning of the year we will no longer use Oasisinsight. It is nearly IMPOSSIBLE to print out a report containing the barcodes of every client we have an ROI on. Impossible. We've yet been able to pull one correctly. Because of that, I've had to print off ID cards of every client and keep them in a notebook to scan. Do you have ANY idea

Mit Google übersetzen

Easy to use software and convenient data download capability

Bewertet am 13.11.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

We use Oasis Insight to track client data for a food pantry. We have thousands of clients and track their demographic data and their visits to the pantry using various categories (some of them are user-defined). We use the standard reports to retrieve the data for grant applications, our newsletter, and other purposes that come up from time to time. The software is absolutely critical to managing pantry client data and having reliable, verifiable data for grant applications.

Data input is fast and easy, and being able to search for client records using a combination of various criteria (last name, first name, DOB, case #, etc.) is very flexible. The option of easily downloading our client data to Excel is a great help for analysis and for completing grant requests that ask for client data sorted and grouped in various ways and within varying time frames. Report criteria can be saved for rerunning again at a later time, and can edited if needed. Because the software is web-based, I can sign in from home to do data input or run reports - super convenient! Customer Service is fast, efficient and cheerful. I'm very pleased with the software and recommend it highly.

The software is very functional and we don't have any complaints.

Bewertet am 5.11.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

It has allowed us to streamline our data, and made it more accurate and more accessible than the Excel spreadsheets we were using previously. It has also allowed us to enter data a point of service, instead of manually after the fact.

I can't obtain data with multiple inputs - I know the data is there but it's impossible to pull out.

I would like to have a map of where each report is pulled from.

Customer service is by far the best feature of the software

I can't pull out the data in the way that I need it; also, the data retrieval methods are confusing. In addition, the data entry fields are not custom to our individual organization's needs (we are using the software contracted with the GBFB )

5.0/10

Best Value in the Market

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Oasis has been a phenomenal partner in our work. When we present an issue with tracking they are always willing to take as much time as necessary to help us figure out a solution or explain potential work around.

It is simple and easy to use. It is easy to generate reports, input client data, and see information about clients. Compared to others in the market the cost is very low.

It's hard sometimes to change something if you have been doing it a certain way for several years. Also the ability to import large amounts of data can be limiting.

Great Tool to Have

Bewertet am 5.11.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

With our volunteer base, it is not easy to train new users with this program. Making some changes that will make it more user friendly would be very helpful. For younger, tech savvy individuals, it is easy to figure out if time permits.

I like that we are able to connect with other agencies using this software. If you know how to use it properly, it can be a great tool to have!

It is not the easiest to use. There are too many ways to have a duplicate case. Running various reports can be confusing. It is too easy to get lost in the information.

7.0/10
Mit Google übersetzen

Oasis Insight is such an intuitive software, easy to implement with Food Bank Partner Agencies.

Bewertet am 10.8.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Using Oasis Insight gives the Food Bank the data it needs to drive program development and track funders' requests for information.

The ability to query reports customized to the needs of the Food Bank. We can filter to get the date ranges or specifics we need. We can detail the aggregate numbers we need. If we need to go deeper, we can export as a CSV file and manipulate through Excel.

A few little areas for improvement, but the Simon Solutions team is very open to feedback and makes improvements whenever we suggest something.

Mit Google übersetzen

Oasis Insight helpful for food pantry documentation

Täglich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Oasis Insight helps us go paperless and it allows us to pull reports easily. We are able to serve more families in a faster time due to the ease of record keeping.

Oasis Insight is extremely helpful in managing all of our information about food pantry clients: their demographic information, how often they come to the food pantry, what programs they qualify for, how much food they receive each month, etc. The report generation is also beneficial for crunching the numbers on aggregate data.

We have had several problems with recording signatures. While this may be more of a problem with our web browser, it is still annoying.

Food Pantry user

Bewertet am 12.11.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Before we used Oasis Insight, our whole sign-in process was on index cards and the reporting was all done in an Excel spreadsheet, so there was obviously many more man hours needed to manipulate data. Oasis has made our process so much more manageable and the time savings are tremendous.

It's easy to learn and mostly intuitive. It has all the functions we need for tracking relevant information and assistance. The reporting offers everything we need to generate monthly reports for our local food bank and for gathering statistics for grant writing.

I wish the reporting could be a little more customizable. There are some fields you cannot uncheck and sometimes just a list of names is desirable. Also, it would be nice to customize the screens to our organization, as there are many fields that are not relevant to us.

Super easy to use

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Overall Oasis is great for the price and need that we have. I would love to see different levels of users and the ability to bulk upload data.

Oasis allows you to train your staff quickly on features and use. They keep client information safe and secure!

Customization is pretty limited and reports are sometime slow. Data can't be pulled all together; ex. case report and application report info do not talk to each other.

7.0/10

Software Review

Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt
Bewertet am 8.11.2018

Not very good.

I like that fact that we have some sort of software to attempt to track the clients.

The software is not "user friendly". All food pantrys/banks have access to all clients' data and can change the data. Clients move around frequently and go to various food banks. I recently had a food bank "delete" the client number that was given by our food pantry. It took me an hour to figure out why the number in our records had been deleted. There should be an auto notification in the software to related food pantries where the client has visited that the number was deleted/changed. Relationships are linked to clients and the cross linking from client to client causes issues. The software will not accept income changes when the two clients are linked through relationships. This is only one of too many issues I encounter. I spend so much wasted time trying to "figure out" what is going on in the software. Also, the Pantry Intake Form questions do not match the fields to fill in on the software. The software is also very slow. Searching for a client number takes too long.

Mit Google übersetzen

Great software for a food pantry

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

We have had a great experience. We would recommend it to other pantries for client management.

It is easy to use. Our volunteers are mostly seniors and they adopted it quickly.

We received the software as part of a package from our regional food bank, and they shouldered some of the cost. I know the functionality is there we just can't use it as much as other users.

Täglich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

The time saved has been immense. We can track data inhouse and with other agencies. If a person has a household change, it's simple to update. As noted above, I'm new to monthly reports and it still seems clunky. Overall, it's a great tool for business.

It's very easy to enter and update in search mode.

I'm still getting the knack of monthly reports, but it seems a bit trial and error to get the correct data to show. Also, there is not a provision for accounting for people not in the data bank yet they are on the roster.

EASE OF USE

Bewertet am 6.11.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

FINDING DUPLICATE CLIENTS WITH MORE THAN ONE CASE #.

WE LOVE THE EASE OF CHECKING CLIENTS STATUS.

HOWEVER, WHEN WE NEED TO MOVE SOMEONE TO ANOTHER ACCOUNT, IT GIVES THAT PERSON ANOTHER CASE #. THIS CAUSES CONFUSION WHEN WE ARE LOOKING FOR A PARTICULAR CLIENT. WHAT WE DO IS US THE FIRST CASE # FOR ANOTHER CLIENT.

Mit Google übersetzen

Easy to track clients and their benefits

Bewertet am 14.5.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Queries and Reporting. This is a relational database, so most fields are can be selected. The database is used to gain important information on years of clients, active and inactive, who receive monthly assistance of food. Reports are often run to see how many are under 60 or how many receive federal assistance in several different areas.
The data entry is easy, but the resulting information is what make this a very valuable database to our organization.

There is not much wrong with this software. Limited training was required, though online help is available. The Greater Boston Food Bank oversees all use.

Food Pantry Database

Täglich für 6-12 Monate genutzt
Bewertet am 3.11.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

We started using Oasis Insight in December of 2017. I like not having to thumb throught multiple pages for my reports and having to input everything into a spreadsheet. I can process our clients every day we are open and just run a report at the end of the month.

I like that this program is cloud based and I can access it from work and from home.
I also like its reporting capabilities. I can customize my reports as I have different reporting requirements for different agencies that I partner with.

The only thing I would change is that when I pull up my EFAP report, it doesn't show the apartment or unit number, only the main address.

Excellent Product with a ton of Tools

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

This product allows us to keep track of our overall clients list and record their visits with just a few clicks. The reports we can generate provide us with all the statistics anyone could want

Ease of use and versatility of the reports generator

sometimes runs slow, I'm assuming from the number of users online

Pleased over all

Bewertet am 3.11.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

We merely use this software for keeping track of how often our clients come, how much food they receive, etc. so it has proved most beneficial in that regard.

We have been using this software for probably 8 years at our Food Pantry and rarely do we have a complaint. The updates that they make are certainly helpful.

The times that the software is slow is our main concern. They usually clear it up fairly quickly, but it is annoying at the time. Also, when you are entering a new client, the only part that is not user-firendly is that you can't "Add" that client until you have gone thru each tab. That has always been confusing to our trainees.

Oasis Review

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

It's been a good improvement to our process but we do lack support on weekends or evening hours when we experience system outages, or downtime.

The ease of use.

There is no 7 day a week support when issues arise.

Oasis Insight review

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I am a food pantry volunteer who uses it once a week for three hours. I have no input into how it's set up or used. I just input client data.

I am a volunteer at a food pantry that uses Oasis Insight. I have no way to compare it with any other product. I guess it's ok, a bit complicated for volunteers who only use it for a 3-5 hours a week. I've been using it since I started volunteering in 2010 and have mastered it, but it takes awhile for new volunteers.

See pros, a bit complicated for volunteers who only use it 3-5 hours a week.

5.0/10

Oasis for SNAP Applications

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

They have amazing customer service.

All of the various reports that can be generated with the data that has been input.

that there is not a feature to track scheduled appointment date and times when it comes to SNAP applications

Great program

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

We use it to track foods distributed and client visits at our food pantry. It works great for pulling data!

Easy to use. Great user interface. Makes things easier.

None. The program works great. Rarely have any issues with it.

Oasis Rocks

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Tracking our CalFresh activity, generating reports needed internally and submitting to the counties.

Ease of using features, User friendly screens

Slowness generating some reports especially quarterly/yearly reports

Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Overall, I think this is a great software. I do hope that speeds increase, but if the software remains unchanged, I think it will still be satisfactory. It may be nice to have a way to communicate with client base about closings or special announcements via the Oasis Insight software (for clients that volunteer contact information.

I love how easy it is to navigate this software.

The only frustration I ever experience is when I am on the phone with a client trying to access their information in a timely manner in order to use their time as efficiently as possible, but the program has a significant delay when accessing specific client files. It can be frustrating on both ends when it takes longer than expected for information to come up.

Oasis Insight Review

Bewertet am 13.11.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I use is because I was asked to.

Nothing yet. I use is because I am a partner agency and was asked to use it.

Very cumbersome. perhaps I need more training