Gymdesk

Sortieren nach

Cindy
Cindy
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Client management software for martial arts

Bewertet am 26.10.2019

We needed client management software for our martial arts gym; I switched to MA on Rails based on the recommendation of another gym owner. The author has been incredibly responsive about small changes we needed. Overall, it does what we need well and with a simple, clean interface.

It is simple to use and handles all our needs (managing clients, gym shop sales, attendance, scheduling). It's very flexible about types of membership options, from drop-ins to monthly. I like that the clients can access their own account. It has good tracking for attendance, bill paying, lets us freeze clients when needed. It also has a basic web-site.

The attendance check-in is a bit confusing when you have multiple classes running.

Reuven
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

An up and coming top notch tool for martial arts schools

Bewertet am 26.7.2020

So far so great! Very few complaints/frustrations from members during transition as opposed to previous softwares used like zenplanner etc... where every step was met with crashing apps and the like. Here we have a program that works right in every smartphone/computer’s browser. Just log in and access everything, including remote training videos, which right now are crucial.

Would love to see some more features surrounding support for remote training, but considering the relative “newness” of the product and how great everything else has been for myself and my students - a solid A-!

Easy setup (BIG)
Automated Payment Processing
Easy “on the fly” changes
Beautiful schedule for website
Booking and checkins
Built in waivers/agreements/forms
Developer is constantly listening to users and giving feedback as to why software functions the way it does or when features will be ready and DELIVERS

Lack of robust reporting
Lack of configurable signup menu (users see a long list that you can’t organize by category, yet)
A lot of functionality seems to leverage and almost depend on you using the built-in website builder, so if you have your own website, it might feel limiting

Mindbody

Warum Gymdesk gewählt wurde

Too complex for my needs Constantly getting lost in menus Reporting numbers always wrong/different Payment processing felt like a prison sentence Ugly embedded scheduler Constant student complaints

Zuvor genutzte Software

Zen Planner

Sharla

Not bad for the price.

Bewertet am 1.10.2022

It’s ok. Easy enough to use but I’m used to using Spark and I feel like some of the features are lacking. For the price, I’ll stick around for now.

Mostly easy to use once you figure it out.

1) You can’t send out waivers to multiple people at once. Would be nice if you could have them fill out the waivers without having to individually assign them to each person.

2)Wish there was a more detailed way to sort through leads, students etc. for example using tags for things like events, or to separate different types of leads etc.

We have only used this for a month and haven’t even quite started using the full functioning yet so there may be more later.

Antwort von Gymdesk

Thanks for reviewing us Sharla! We're sorry to hear you did not have the best experience with our software. There is an option to assign documents to members in bulk, using our bulk member operations, and there's plenty of filters you can use for the leads, including custom fields you can add. We'd be happy to help you utilize the software to the fullest extent - please reach out to our support and we'd help you get set up!

Jordan

Martial Arts In rails

Bewertet am 24.7.2019

It’s cuts down tons on paperwork and allows the use of a card for recurring monthly payments. Those are huge. We also keep attendance and rank in this and it helps tons as well. I was skeptical at first but will say that we highly enjoy its function.

Best customer support around!
Very streamline and easy to use
Ever evolving with input from customers
Less paperwork, mass emailing, just great in all areas.
Fair priced

- sometimes can be a little glitchy but Customer support always is right on it.

Zen Planner und Mindbody

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Gymdesk

Cheaper and more affordable and designed specifically for martial artists needs.
Richard

Straight Blast Gym Niagara Loves MAO

Bewertet am 31.7.2020

Just a few days into getting the system operational for my gym I had many students message me saying they loved it, and how slick it looked. MAO is going to help me be even more personal with my students, and little details will no longer slip between the cracks.

I like how easy it is for my students to pre-book their classes, the dashboard is awesome showing me who is attending for the day's sessions, and the emailing system is one of my most liked features.

Any problem I thought I had with the program was actually with me. When I needed help, I messaged [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and every time he answered me back immediately. I have nothing but positives with MAO.

Steven

Martial Arts on Rails Review

Bewertet am 16.11.2021

We were looking for a product to manage a small wrestling club and strength training business. We do not have a full-time manager and most of the products were overly complicated. Martial Arts on Rails has turned out to be the perfect solution.

The software is extremely easy to set-up and use, yet it has sufficient flexibility to manage our club in the way we want to operate. Interface is excellent and intuitive. The ability to create a website and easily integrate with a payment gateway was also excellent. Finally, customer support is to notch.

At first I was concerned that it did not have a corresponding App but the website works great on a cell phone and this has not been an issue. The product team continues to add features and improve functionality. No concerns.

Lindsay
  • Branche: Verbraucherdienste

Great option for beginners

Bewertet am 24.7.2019

Very happy overall. Service is key for me, makes me want to stay bc I have help when I need it.

The ease of use, and the customer response time, initially and ongoing as needed. I like the customization options specifically for Martial Arts.

It takes some time to learn the settings and it’s still something that I’m learning even after a year. Sometimes there are glitches. But with the immediate response (and tech help from the back-end) from the company, it makes it easier to handle.

Yen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great Choice for Managing Your Martial Arts Business!

Bewertet am 20.10.2021

- Super responsive and helpful customer service. Our questions/problems are usually resolved within a few hours of submitting a request.
- Clean UI: easy for both us and our members to navigate the software.
- Provides all the features you'd need to run your school: billing, belt/skills tracking, attendance tracking, etc.
- Integrates with a variety of payment processors

There are a few random bugs here and there, but the support team is always on the ball fixing them once you bring it to their attention.

Brandon

Company Director Review

Bewertet am 5.5.2021

I have had no issues with MAOR and am very happy with the software!

I have had no issues with MAOR and am very happy with the software!

Very easy to use integrated with the Australian direct debit company (stripe), nothing is over complicated and hard to find and the (help) tap is actually very useful and I have personally used it multiple times!

The only con I would say is that all communication is dealt with over email the replies are always prompt what is good!
But that is the only communication that is offered between client and MAOR it would be very beneficial if there were other points of communication e.g skype, phone call etc, especially at the beginning stages of looking to sign up other than that I think it is a really good software for martial arts schools and I am very happy with it!

ABC Glofox

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Gymdesk

I found everything was easy to understand, the price was very fair and it was catered for martial art schools.
Anna

Gymdesk Review

Bewertet am 28.6.2023

Great so far, customer supper is excellent!

Great so far, customer supper is excellent!

Modern interface and features are good. Many automations available which is also great.

I find the main navigation and page navigation could be simplified and made a little better for the user experience - but still better than all other softwares! Some issues with setting up family-plan flat-rate pricing for limited class memberships.

Kicksite

Warum Gymdesk gewählt wurde

Because Zenplanner is terrible :D

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Gymdesk

It seemed Kicksite was more popular, I assume because Gymdesk is still newer. However I liked the modern interface with Gymdesk and for me it seemed a more promising platform.
Hollis & Joel

New MAOR user

Bewertet am 19.1.2020

Extremely positive

Extremely positive

Ease of use and presentation. The simple, yet data heavy presentation allows the user to have important information at the fingertips without unnecessary navigation.

Report customization. Probably not so much for the M.A. facility, but gym operators with a wide range of customers need to be able to generate custom data reports, especially those facilities who rely in part on dues reimbursement from member insurance programs. A growing segment of business as the aging population increases.

Kim
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Excellent software to keep dojo running smoothly

Bewertet am 27.10.2021

Great customer service. Quick replies. Really enjoying the software.

Great customer service. Quick replies. Really enjoying the software.

Easy to keep track of visitors/potential new members. Great dashboard overview to see quickly any overdue fees and information

We run a lot of kids classes where a day(s) needs to be selected for them to enrol. Currently we need to create a lot of day combinations to accommodate this

Matt

Gymdesk Software for BJJ Gyms

Bewertet am 11.9.2022

I really dont understand how I get so much spam (up to 20/day). If there could be a block to enable them not to resend emails. I would like it a whole lot more.

It like that it comes with its own webpage that can later be integrated with your own. It suits my gym perfectly accounting for all of my needs. I would recommend this for anyone setting up a BJJ Academy. It also has an easy to view, "how to" that helped me out. My emails initially to the Gymdesk Team, were answered quite quickly and after a while of using it, it became so much easier.

Being in Australia, it was annoying that only Square can be used for the POS. But Square isnt too bad with its low fees.

Antwort von Gymdesk

Thanks for reviewing us, Matt! We're glad to hear you've enjoyed your experience overall. We thought you might like to know we also work with Stripe and GoCardless in Australia in case you're not happy with Square. If you'd like to know more, please reach out and we'll be happy to assist!

David
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Straightforward and intuitive as long as you don't have to deal with families

Bewertet am 9.9.2022

positive

positive

Reasonably intuitive feature set for 90% of features
Highly responsive support team
Reasonable price point

Dealing with families:
- no separate inputs for parent/guardian (let alone both parents) if student is a minor except under "Emergency Contacts"
- cumbersome and inflexible mechanisms for grouping students under a family accounts and how family discounts are priced
- no simple way of toggling a student between memberships without cancelling entirely
- no way to list custom fields on members overview
- no way to see on members overview screen which customers have credit card on file

No integration with small receipt printer - huge waste of toner and paper when customers ask for receipt

Antwort von Gymdesk

Thanks for reviewing us David! Sorry to hear you did not have a good experience with our family account management. If you can reach out to us with your concerns, we'd be happy to help you set it up better for your needs.

Thanks,
-Eran

Andre de Wit
  • Branche: Professionelles Training & Coaching
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

A must have for gyms and studios training students.

Bewertet am 17.7.2022

Overall this really help boost your dreams. Getting this software management application is a must have, even when starting up!

Effortless and easy for management of your school as a manager. Easy process for your students to sign up .

I would like to have an application (App) on my mobile via Google Play, or AppStore. No complaints.

Bobby
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

An amazing powerful modern program that does what is is supposed to!

Bewertet am 4.8.2023

Overall this software saved me a lot of money and clients due to it's ease of use in money transactions

The ease of use and ability to adapt to my gyms needs is amazing. With the added bonus of communication portals to my clients, text and email this is a powerful tool!

I wish the content page had more of a social media feel and less old web 1.0 feel.

Latasha
  • Branche: Erholungseinrichtungen & -dienstleistungen

A Must have for Gym Owners

Bewertet am 1.10.2023

Gymdesk is a lifesaver. I am able to organize all of my work flow in one system. I love the membership renewal, the personalized website, the group text message marketing, the online store for selling our products, and so much more!! It’s definitely a must have for all gym owners. There are so any features to use. I love Gymdesk and will never change. They are truly the best!!

I absolutely love Gymdesk memberships management.

I really cannot find anything that I least like at this moment.

Rachael

Prompt Responses and Excellent Customer Service

Bewertet am 16.6.2020

Using Martial Arts on Rails has allowed us to combine three different platforms into one accessible and easy to use program. We are now able to navigate through any membership requirement within the same system and it has really helped our day to day business run smoothly.

This system is extremely user friendly and it has been a smooth transition from our previous software. Very easy to navigate through all our memberships and features.

We have not had any issues with this software that wasn't promptly addressed by customer service. We needed an option of entering multiple payment methods in membership accounts and the option was provided the next day.

Kendra
  • Branche: Kosmetik
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

most useful tool for me

Bewertet am 15.11.2022

I was in the market for a new gym membership and was looking at a bunch of different options. After researching a bunch of different options, I came across Gymdesk. The product is a mobile app that lets you book gym sessions, track your workouts and even bill your members. It also gives you a full reporting dashboard to keep an eye on your members' progress and progress.

I didn't observe any negative sides. I'm satisfying.

Jean-Marc

Great responsiveness

Bewertet am 30.9.2019

Easiness and reliability !

Easiness and reliability !

Easiness to use from any platform, as well as the support team that is 100% reliable in term of consideration and reactivity.

Minor adaptations that I would like to have for a better fit with our regional sport's issues.

Maurice
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Great martial arts management software

Bewertet am 17.11.2021

Great membership management, auto billing which is important, attendance tracking, sales & marketing Are great. The only email and text function is a game changer too! You have to pay a little extra but it’s a huge life saver to send messages out quickly to all members or to certain members.

I’d like to see this software give the member the ability to track their progress according to the program, ranks and promotion requirements. For example, when I set certain skills for a particular rank, the student cannot see what those skills are on their one member portal. They can see what rank they are, but not the skills associated with the rank.

Antwort von Gymdesk

Hi Maurice, thanks for the positive review and continued support! We do have the option to show promotion criteria for the current to members, if you reach out we'd be happy to show you how to do that.

Wilhelm

MAOR a crucial tool

Bewertet am 27.5.2021

A very useful tool which is really recommended. A really very useful tool, especially for us as a martial arts school.

The software made our work a lot easier. Many processes are automated and not only improve the direct work with customers but also the processing of the data. As a young company, we are more than satisfied with the product. In addition, there is really very good customer service. Even small changes in the software used were implemented by MAOR in a very short time to meet our needs.

As with any new software, you have to get used to it. We often used the really excellent customer service when we had questions. But it was never a problem, it was always a quick fix

Wagner

Great software

Bewertet am 5.2.2022

It helps me to manage my business

It helps me to manage my business

The online registration and online invoices

I suggest an automatic check-in. In other words, it would be enough for the students to type their personal code and the system would automatically check-in without the student having to make a second click to confirm.

Antwort von Gymdesk

Thanks for reviewing our product Wagner! We do have an automatic check-in options, which you can enable in your account. We'll follow up via Email shortly. -E

Benedikt

Best BJJ Gym Tool on the market

Bewertet am 9.8.2022

Best customer support ever

Best customer support ever

Very well made web application with obviously years of experience

Nothing comes to mind currently. If something is missing, they try to help or even implement the feature

• Branche: Animation

GymPreview

Bewertet am 19.9.2022

A great app with all the right features, very helpful and easy to setup, customer service is top notch.

Has a appealing user interface,with many customizable options

Not many negatives I have towards this platform but wish it had an app in the playstore and the gym sheduling can be a little confusing.