ManageEngine Patch Manager Plus Erfahrungen

• Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Hervorragend für verteilte Systeme geeignet

Bewertet am 20.11.2021

Wir waren auf der Suche nach einem hybriden Patch Management Systems, mit dem sich die dezentrale Unternehmensstrukturen einfach abbilden kann und wir keinen eigenen Patch-Server betreiben muss. Die hybride Lösung mit Cloud-Manager und Bereitstellungs-Servern (die ohne zusätzliche Administration auskommen) war perfekt für unseren Zweck.

Unternehmensstrukturen und Niederlassungen lassen sich sehr gut skalieren. Durch die manuell erstellbaren Bereitstellungsrichtlinien können problemlos auch innerhalb einer Niederlassung verschiedenste Patch-Windows eingerichtet werden. Damit spüren Mitarbeiter oft gar nicht, dass ihre Systeme bereits aktualisiert wurden.

Es war ein wenig umständlich sich mit den Verteilungsmechanismen per GPO durchzusetzen. Die Installation sollte gut durchdacht sein, sonst kann man schnell den Faden verlieren. - Letztlich heißt es aber nur, dass man für die Implementierung ruhig etwas Zeit einplanen sollte. (Wie bei jedem anderen IT-Projekt, und Produkt ;-))

Hi Bert,

Thank you for the feedback. We are glad it helped you solve patching problems faced in a hybrid network. In case of further queries/feedback, do write to patchmanagerplus-support@manageengine.com

maneesh
maneesh

Patch Management by Manage Engine

Bewertet am 14.9.2023

excellent experience with patch manager it helps a lot to finish patch within no time and improve overall security posture of infra

Patching system automatically and antivirus update

third party patches deployement require more effort

Nick
  • Branche: Luft- & Raumfahrt

Free Trial Review

Bewertet am 28.7.2022

I'm using the cloud version of PM+. It feels like I'm using an on-premise version that has been migrated to a web interface. You can set up computers as distribution servers to push patches across your network so not everything is going from the cloud.

I feel like I'm missing out on the simple easy-to-use SAS that I expected though.

The software has support for many 3rd party apps. I had Heimdal and Action1 installed on my computer a while to test them. The ManageEngine PM+ agent was still able to find more patches I was missing.

Installing the Agent is simple and works well.

The UI is not very user friendly because it seems out-of-date. Easy to get lost in the menus and the "Remote Offices" screen is not for what it sounds like. I'm trying to use "remote offices" to split up my departments into groups because the software lacks a feature for that elsewhere.

I wanted to be able to customize computer patch policies by OU. You can link your domain and add the computers within an OU, but you can't just select the OU itself. This means if you move computers in/out of the OU, ManageEngine isn't going to recognize the new computers automatically. This feature seems just for adding computers to your portal rather than grouping them.

I have multiple domains that aren't connected but I can only have 1 AD connector in ManageEngine. Either I set up a machine that uses VPNs to tunnel into all the sites as the AD connector, or I set up 3 different web portals as different accounts. Not something I should need to do for any SAS solution.

Heimdal Patch & Asset Management

Gründe für den Wechsel zu ManageEngine Patch Manager Plus

ManageEngine has more app support than Heimdal and Action1. It seems rare now to find a service that is just for patching and not a full RMM and security suite. I feel these other services don't give their patching feature enough attention.
Yoginath
  • Branche: Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen

Overall Good Product

Bewertet am 17.7.2020

Very good product for Patch Management Solution

Very good product for Patch Management Solution

Ease of use and help in managing spoke locations patching without impacting bandwidth and third party patching

Development is very slow, customers wish list need to be prioritized

Liaqat Ali
  • Branche: Staatsverwaltung

Best patch management solution

Bewertet am 25.1.2024

Ease of deployment to all servers are workstations through manual deployments and auto-deployment rules. Third-party application deployment is a plus and the scanning regularly includes all the assets.

There are some limitations for Java updates as we need to upload the patches manually. Another issue is with some agent uninstallation from the clients. Some agents are stubborn and do not uninstall easily.

Rian
  • Branche: Erneuerbare Energien & Umwelt

Patch Manager Plus - Good but could be better

Bewertet am 28.4.2023

PMP has helped up our device security levels considerably. Recently we discovered many out of date devices running older versions of Windows which was a surprise to us. We have since, patched all systems to the relevant level. Many of our users are remote and we cannot guaranteed update times, so this has added a degree of flexibility to our services.

Patching Windows Update has been great, however there are still some elements missing. We are patching our devices, but when we login to the actual system and check for updates, other updates are still trundling through on devices. We have listed all updates to be available, so this is a bit confusing to say the least.

There are updates are being installed on our systems that we expected PMP to pickup. We are still manually pressing update on our devices to identify these updates. We were hoping PMP would have been able to identify all applicable updates by now.

Automox

Gründe für den Wechsel zu ManageEngine Patch Manager Plus

Because we really like ManageEngine products, we have also previously used the Service Desk Plus product and we have found many vendors that provide the same service are very pricey and hardly deliver.
Michael
  • Branche: Textilien

Excellent Patch Management solution - Very high value for your spend

Bewertet am 28.2.2023

The software just works - there is not a lot of hand holding required by an administrator. We also love the integration with our vulnerability management platform, Tenable.io. Also the number of 3rd party patches available is astounding.

I would like MORE integration with Tenable.io

Automox

Warum ManageEngine Patch Manager Plus gewählt wurde

BigFix is cumbersome to operate and the licensing is not user friendly.

Value

Antwort von ManageEngine

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with our software. We are glad to hear that it is meeting your needs and that you find it easy to use.

We also appreciate your feedback regarding the integration with Tenable.io, and we will certainly take that into consideration as we continue to improve our product.

You can also reach out to patchmanagerplus-support@manageengine.com to let us know more about your requirements regarding the Tenable.io integration.

Al
  • Branche: Regierungsbeziehungen
  • Wöchentlich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

Good patch management product with more applicable patching then others.

Bewertet am 21.12.2023

Overall my experience with PMP has been positive. It was very easy to setup, install agents and configure deployment policies.

Patch Manager Plus has an extensive 3rd party patching capabilities which allows us to patch more 3rd party products that we use then other affordable 3rd party patching solutions. It's easy to setup and deploy agents and has better reboot notification options than other products.

Finding some UI controls of computers can be difficult to locate such as Log Off or Lock Computer. These controls are only located under Deployment\Tools\Remote Shutdown. It would be more convenient to have these type of controls where ever a computer is seen.

PDQ Deploy & Inventory

Warum ManageEngine Patch Manager Plus gewählt wurde

SolarWinds is not cloud centric and depends on WSUS which we would like to eliminate.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu ManageEngine Patch Manager Plus

PMP supports far more 3rd party apps that we use (66) than PDQ Connect (15) or SolarWinds Patch Manager.
Jason
  • Branche: Finanzdienstleistungen

Patch Manager Plus

Bewertet am 18.11.2019

Overall experience has been good. I am pleased with the interface and the ease in which you can learn the tool.

The ability to queue/schedule updates during off peak hours. To reboot devices after applying updates. 3rd party software updates. Download throttling speeds.

Sometimes the updates come out a day after patch Tuesday. Sometimes updates fail to deploy with weird error readings that's not very detailed.

SolarWinds Service Desk

We used other Manage Engine tools that we are happy with i.e. ServiceDesk

Hello Jason,

Can you share the details of these error messages with us? We'll identify and fix these issues.

You can write to us at patchmanagerplus-support@manageengine.com

• Branche: Unterhaltungselektronik

Simplified Updates

Bewertet am 12.11.2019

I have been using this to perform windows updates and third party updates for software.

Ability to update many different products.
Reporting capabilities to see which machines have been patch and what ones still need patches.

Not able to add your own updates to the software.

Hello,

Can you elaborate on your requirement? You can write to us at patchmanagerplus-support@manageengine.com

David
David
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Excellent patch management solution

Bewertet am 17.10.2018

After a bit of a learning curve to get setup and deployed, I set a daily job to roll out updates. After a few days I found that it had got through the workload and updated the clients effectively. It continues to manage the patching with little involvement from me. The only niggle is that it does leave servers pending a reboot, on occasion. This is not a slight on the product however, and it does empower you to do the reboots through its interface.

Support for wide variety of 3rd party products.
Excellent value for money.
Easy (overall) deploy and monitor.
Good support.
Once up and running works its way through the outstanding patch workload.

Mainly niggles, but worth mentioning some. Do not let these put you off however, it is a solid product!

The portal creation process is a bit fragmented.
It is an element of a larger product, so most articles refer to that parent product.
The interface is feature rich but takes some getting used to (don't they all!).
Initial setup and deployment needed some teething and tinkering (support is good).
Support is decent but not immediate.
Issues deploying some 3rd party patches.
Shows some patches pending when they are not - isolated issue to couple of machines.
Performs best with an on-premise deployment server.
Patches may need multiple cycles - but this is due to some patches requiring reboots.

Hello David,

Thanks for the detailed review! We're working on most of the points you've mentioned in your review right now to improve the product on all fronts.

In case of future feedback, you can write to us at patchmanagerplus-support@manageengine.com

Sam
  • Branche: Computer-Software

Patch Manager Plus Review

Bewertet am 8.1.2020

We used to manually patch over 250+ servers, now, however, we use patch manager to automate our patching process which frees up an unbelievable about of time with our maintenance process.

I really like the ease of use with this product, the reporting is layed out nicely, and the customer service is excellent.

The initial set up of this software with our current infrastructure was challenging, but after that, it was pretty hassle free.

Hello Sam,

Can you elaborate on specific scenarios where you found the initial setup to be challenging?

You can write to us at patchcloud-support@manageengine.com

Charles

Limited support options.

Bewertet am 2.4.2020

Product is good. Patch manager needs to follow ADmanager/Adaudit chat session support process. It's a painful process to reach out to support and get a timely resolution.

Our organization uses 4 different ManageEngine products and I don't understand why they don't use the same process for support across the board. ADmanager and ADaudit have excellent chat support. They don't hesitate to ingage in a remote session right away to help resolve an issue. I'm not saying patch manager support is bad, I have issues with the process. When using the chat feature, they will not remote in. They only do chat and screen shots. They will only schedule a remote session after going back and forth over email. I think it really hurts the customer.

Can be a bit buggy. They're always pushing new builds. My biggest complaint is the chat support process. It takes to long to resolve an issue, if they resolve it period.

Hello Charles,

We're constantly trying to streamline our QA process when it comes to pushing new builds. We'll pass your feedback to the concerned team and ensure the process is improved further.

I'll also pass your feedback to the support team to enhance the ticket resolution process as well as overall support experience in future.

In case of any future feedback, you can write to us at patchmanagerplus-support@manageengine.com

Thulasi Tharan
  • Branche: Automotive
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Why we need Mange engine Patch manger plus?

Bewertet am 21.7.2021

My overall experience is when I start using this product I bit dought this tool will sort out the patching issues and now I think my decision is very right and I felt happy about my decision.

Before writing any review what is our mind ? why we write about this product, is this worth it or it's useful? , The answer is Yes, if write about the product it will reach the people they will decide what they expect and what they want. the overall agenda is to secure our systems. What I like most about the feature in patch manage plus are Automatic patch and patch testing. These both will give is a win-win solution for these patch management kinds of software. Automattic patch will easily save manpower and once you set up it will take care and patch testing will eliminate the bug-oriented patch that will install our systems. so my vote goes to these features.

The cons about this product really I need to think before I write the review. I use this product day-to-day basis and I think they need to improve the overall dashboard look and feel. this dashboard is fantastic but we need to customize the page. On rare occasions, the installation failed and we push it again and again.

• Branche: Rundfunkmedien
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Best bang for you IT budget.

Bewertet am 31.3.2023

Patch Manager Plus is a notable system that enables automated patching for various operating systems, setting it apart from other solutions in the market. With this tool, managing a complex environment of end-users and servers is significantly simplified. The ability to automate the entire patching process, even for a month's worth of patches, is a particularly useful feature that is easy to use.

While Patch Manager Plus offers helpful support to address any issues encountered during the system setup, the integration of the tool into your existing environment can be somewhat challenging due to limited documentation. My personal experience has been positive overall, although I did face some difficulties with this aspect.

Antwort von ManageEngine

Thank you for the positive review! We appreciate your feedback on the documentation and would ensure that it is improved.

If you've any queries, please reach out to: patchmanagerplus-support@manageengine.com

Luke
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Great deal for the money

Bewertet am 1.2.2018

Make sure it's complaint with Cyber Essentials, as I'm not sure it is yet. That's a UK regulatory thing.

Pretty great software, especially for the price. Would tightly recommend going for the full desktop central product as it does even more. Support is pretty good and usually responds / sorts problems quickly

While overall good. There lack of a UK office makes things difficult from a support perspective as working in different timezones can cause delays.

Hello Luke,

Greetings from ManageEngine.

We're glad Patch Manager Plus worked well for you. We are sorry to hear about your
experience with UK support time. We do have a team exclusively working in the UK time
zone to address tickets.

Patch Manager Plus is now brimming with a lot of features to enhance your patching process.
Do let me know if you'd like to have a personalized session briefing you about the
enhancements.

If case of any queries to be resolved, you can let me know or drop in mail to
patchmanagerplus-support@manageengine.com.

Philip
  • Branche: Computer-Software

Superb

Bewertet am 12.5.2023

Really wonderful service! Very intuitive interface, and it does what it says it does. Very powerful, too, as you can patch thousands patches. Management of devices is also very well-laid out.Installation of the agent is less intuitive. However, they have very clear documentation. Furthermore, and probably more importantly, their customer service is top notch. For every question I had, the customer service, the tech support, and the whole team was responsive, quick to respond, even with a “We’ll look into that.” Furthermore, their answers were informative, clear, insightful, and, above all, worked! Their team is robust and through.Ultimately, I am very happy with this service, as almost everything we wanted it for has worked perfectly, and the people who support its users are friendly, helpful, and diligent. Highly recommend.

Very intuitive interface, powerful, well-laid out.The Customer Service and Tech support is Top-Notch! Very responsive, quick to respond, and their answers were informative, clear, insightful, and, above all, worked!

Installation of the agent is not very intuitive. However, again, their tech support is fantastic, and every question I had they answered and helped me through to get me to the solution.

Martin
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

The software simplifies the process of identifying, deploying, and managing patches

Bewertet am 23.10.2023

It automates the deployment of security patches and updates, reducing the manual effort required to keep systems secure. Our Patch Manager Plus supports various platforms, including Windows, macOS, Linux, and third-party applications, making it suitable for heterogeneous IT environments. The tool can scan systems for vulnerabilities and prioritize patch deployment based on the criticality of identified vulnerabilities The manages updates for third-party applications, reducing security risks associated with unpatched software.

The extensive feature set may require time to learn.

Kevin
  • Branche: Immobilien

Patch Manger Plus

Bewertet am 1.5.2020

The deployment method is great. I really like the fact that it does a inventory scan via agent to show what patches are installed and missing. The granular way of targeting a host or group via custom group and AD groups make patching easier to deal with. WOL, remote reboot, and shutdown is nice to have. Agent deployment comes with several choices from manual, GPO, to pushing out from console.

I think the reporting could be better. I would be good to see better logs/error message when things fail to install whether it an agent or patch deployment.

Hello Kevin,

Can you elaborate on what is to be improved pertaining to reports? I'll also pass your feedback to our UI team to enhance the error texts.

Dibin
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management

The Ultimate Multi-OS Patch Management Solution

Bewertet am 26.12.2023

Because of its amazing value, we can add it to our current suite of solutions without having to divert a sizable portion of our cash from other cybersecurity projects.

Using this tool, I can deploy changes without worrying. The dashboard is simple and simply displays pertinent information.

Everything has always been top-notch, including the user interface and assistance.

Manage Engines Patch Manager Plus is an automated multi-OS patch management system that can be deployed on-premises or in the cloud according on our requirements.

It's convenient to get a fast overview of each endpoint's patch installation process. I could also display a limited set of results by using a filter.

Too many fresh builds were made available in too short a time. It takes too long, and you also have to update the linked endpoints. Users who work remotely may wait to get updates until they are in person at the workplace.

Learning the vast feature set could take some time.

Jose
  • Branche: Gastgewerbe
  • Täglich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

Patch Deployment solutions that just works

Bewertet am 10.3.2021

Overall it seems that this is absolutely a winner and we will most likely pull the trigger and purchase it.

We liked how easy it was to setup the POC, install the agents and deploy first patch. It was done in a matter of minutes. The console is well laid out and has a lot of reminders of frequently used features or questions. We also liked that it does not rely on the monolithic Windows Updates subsystem which of course is the whole culprit for most IT professionals looking somewhere else to address this issue. Having the ability to patch 3rd party software automatically is also another plus.

As easy as it looks to get up and running it could also be easy to get lost among the 10s of features it has. Take the time to read through the documentation as it will have detailed instructions on how to configure most tasks according to your needs. For us having yet another agent to deploy would be another con, but then again most software now days have one and this one seems to be very lightweight.

Melville
  • Branche: Verbraucherdienste

Exellent patch management software

Bewertet am 27.2.2020

I would say the best thing about this solution is the support. I've dealt with many software provider. overall manage engine have the best 1st contact/ level 1 support.

The interface is thought through thoroughly, every option I could imagine it is already there.

Had to think hard about this one, can't saw that I hate anything really, however that automate patch deployment and test and approve took me a few hours to fully understand.

Chris
  • Branche: Bankwesen

ManageEngine Patch Manager Plus

Bewertet am 7.2.2024

ease of use, support, and using it to manage our third party applications

There is nothing that I don't like.

• Branche: Automotive

Excellent Patch Manager

Bewertet am 10.12.2020

We're still in the trial, but so far this has been a vast improvement over our last Patch Management software system. Decided after 1 day of the trial that we will be purchasing.

Impressive feature set, and hugely flexible configuration. I'm pretty sure this software could be configured to automate patch management in any environment, no matter how obscure the requirements.
ManageEngine provide a free one-to-one demo session for all new customers - covering any and all aspects of setup and use.
24 hour support through live-chat facility
hosted system available, meaning rapid installation, and no server requirement
huge range of 3rd party apps
can patch drivers, and even (some) 3rd party a/v definitions

Struggling to think of any weak points. If anything, it would be the time it might take to fully customise the solution to your needs - but that's simply a consequence of such a vast feature set.

Igor

Software update.

Bewertet am 9.9.2018

ManageEngine Patch Manager Plus very well updates Microsoft software like WSUS, but also allows us to automatically update other software. Software installation is also great.

There really is not much that I do not like about ManageEngine Patch Manager Plus but technical support is at a very low level.

Hello Igor,

I'll pass your feedback to the support team and will ensure we improve all facets of our support team.

In case of future queries, you can write to us at patchmanagerplus-support@manageengine.com