Hive

• Branche: Informationsdienst
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Great Warehouse Tool - Easy to Query and Integrate

Bewertet am 4.6.2022

Hive was my first foray into data warehouse tools (other than a super clunky, outdated tool for pulling limited SQL results from a single table at a time). The ability to query across multiple tables, to quickly examine schemas, and to track your previous queries and results was huge in enabling us to experiment with new ways of scripting back-end processes with immediate, hands-on results. It was also able to plug directly into other areas of our workflow without much issue - we pulled data directly from Hive into Tableau, and we queried data from Hive in R to perform QA.

Being able to track previous queries and results goes a long way when experimenting with different ways to pull what you want. It's particularly helpful when you're constantly making changes and want to potentially revert to versions that worked. Integrations with tools such as RStudio or Tableau are also relatively easy, making it super convenient to load data directly into dashboards or scripts without worrying about extra tools or ETL processes.

Takes a little more work to set up compared to an all-in-one solution (such as AWS, where the various tools are all in a single platform).

Antwort von Hive Technology

Thank you for the great review, Craig! We are so glad to hear Hive helps your team stay organized. Cheers!

Lindsey

Good and Bad, but Mostly Good

Bewertet am 23.11.2020

Overall, Hive works for our Marketing team and customer service is exceptional (especially [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]).

The biggest frustration is that we tested a few systems and chose Hive because it combined messaging, we liked the look of it, and the ability to link external apps if desired. The ultimate reason we chose Hive, though, was because when tested, projects with a date range for a due date showed up at the beginning of that range, which is exactly what we needed and no other system did that. However, a month after we switched and installed, that changed and they now show on the due date which causes issues (and extra messages and meetings) for our team to make sure stuff is being worked on proactively.

We've had a large amount of issues with recurring actions and auto-snooze as mentioned above and I've reported it several times.

We've had Hive around 8-10 months and just went through redoing our entire workspace to hopefully make it more streamlined due to the systemic issues we were having. With that, I'll say there are several ways to utilize Hive and you can find what fits for your team.

So overall, good and bad - mostly good.

For our team of five, the most beneficial features are: ability to assign two people, ability to color code projects, ability to track time within a task, ability to add approvers within a task, direct and group messaging within the app (replaced separate use of Slack), Notes and ability to share them, and the "status" and "table" views for projects.

For our team, we have had repeat issues with recurring actions not functioning correctly, specifically with auto-snoozing actions and sub actions (even past their due date) as well as due dates when we try to update recurring actions. We shifted our set-up and re-entered all actions at one point to try and workaround the need for a recurring action. We also prefer for actions with a date range for a due date to show up as of the start of that date range so we know how many days we have to work on something, however they show up the day it's due.

FunctionFox, VOGSY, monday.com und Ravetree

Warum Hive gewählt wurde

The setup within Asana wasn't beneficial for everyone and due dates were being missed. We also needed a system we could communicate within rather than the team communicating through Slack and Email outside of the system. We liked that Hive had different ways to view projects so each team member can choose what works for them and that communication could be integrated.

Asana

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Hive

I explained this in the overall feedback section. :)

Antwort von Hive Technology

Thanks for your review, Lindsey! We're happy to hear that Hive is a helpful tool for your marketing team. Your feedback is also appreciated, and will be passed along to the product team here at Hive. Cheers!

Jeff
  • Branche: Umweltdienstleistungen
  • Täglich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

Close But Not Quite

Bewertet am 17.9.2019

Timely response to chat logs. It would be a great product if the e-mail integration actually added value to ones workflow.

Intuitive, easy to navigate. Many useful features you would expect with a project collaboration tool.

Gmail attachments make into to the HIVE e-mail interface only about half of the time. Of those that do make it into HIVE about 65% must be downloaded rather than simply read. Hive will read a g.doc via Drive but all other attachments must be downloaded. If you create an action from the Hive e-mail and want to work on the documents that are attached, you would have to download and reattach the the documents to the action card. That renders HIVE e-mail integration about useless if you get a lot of e-mails with attachments. For me Hive is a no go for that reason. But, also because only half of the attachments even make into Hive to begin with.

monday.com und Asana

?? I switched.

I am not choosing Hive.
Lindsey
  • Branche: Buchhaltung

We love Hive!

Bewertet am 3.9.2019

Hive has allowed us to seamlessly connect, communication, collaborate between our team members, while being organized and efficient.

This software has helped us streamline our operations - allowing our team of designers and project managers to communicate and work on projects collaboratively and seamlessly. It helps us all be on the same page and ensures that we get our projects done on time.

We have no cons to report. Any issues we have with the software are related to organization and user set up. For example, if one doesn't check their "flagged items" daily, then they back up, which is a problem but it's on the user.

Smartsheet

Warum Hive gewählt wurde

Kanbanize was not meeting our needs. Hive on the other hand exceeds expectations.

Businessmap

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Hive

Hive was the best option for our needs.
Nina
  • Branche: E-Learning
  • Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Hive is a Complete Gamechanger!

Bewertet am 11.10.2020

Overall, Hive has been a game changer for us. We haven't had a project management or project planning tool at all since I have started at my company and having this now has been so helpful. The ease of use and the user friendly interface has made the adoption process smooth and collaboration has seemed to soar so far.

What I love most about Hive is the number of options you have to make the project plan work for you. In my organization, we have a variety of different project types and sometimes one size does not fit all. We have the option now to plan our projects out based on the type of tasks/teams that are assigned and and we can find something that fits for each one. It's also been so incredibly helpful to have a variety of different views so we can share them with our clients and it makes updating projects so much easier when a milestone shifts or something like that. The integrations also make it extremely helpful for us to share projects across different departments.

One of the only cons I have seen so far is the Jira integration. We have a software team that operates solely through Jira and while that works for them, we've been trying to bridge the gap between Jira and Hive so that we can work efficiently. I just wish that the integration with Jira was a little more robust, however, it's not something that will make things super difficult for us and would just be a nice to have!

monday.com

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Hive

It had more options/features that we wanted and needed.
Kathleen
  • Branche: Versicherung

Best Task Management System Ever Created

Bewertet am 11.9.2019

As a Health benefits office, this program makes every task we do easy to complete and with the utmost efficiency that the task is absolutely done or what needs to be done to complete it.

I love how simple it is to create the task cards and customize them any way necessary.

Once something is deleted such as a comment or a picture it is permanently deleted.

Jason
  • Branche: Religiöse Einrichtungen

Hive is the Most Versatile Task-Management Tool I've Ever Used

Bewertet am 28.8.2019

I love using Hive. I have been demonstrably more productive at scheduling out my time and seeing what's on my plate. I love it so much that I've been paying for it out of pocket for about nine months (as of this writing) because my company has yet to approve paying for it (just for budget reasons).

Hive is versatile, customizable, and easy to use to track the completion of projects and tasks. The simple fact that you can instantly convert a project from Kanban style to a calendar view is incredible.

The arrangement of the projects at the top isn't ideal.

Eddie
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement

Versatile and solid UX platform

Bewertet am 20.3.2020

It's been great

It's been great

There are many platforms for organization and everyone has many different types of processes. With Hive we managed employer partnerships, customers, and development items all in a single application.

I'm not sure if this is an actual negative, but I wish it was cheaper

HubSpot CRM

Warum Hive gewählt wurde

format for moving and organizing tasks across stages made more sense visually the way it can be done in Hive.

Asana
Tracy
  • Branche: Unterhaltung
  • Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Flexible, intuitive & versatile scheduling program

Bewertet am 3.12.2020

I've had a great experience thus far. Customer service has been available for simple questions, and online tutorials with the account manager really made the difference. We tested a few different options for centralizing our data and Hive was the winner for us.

It's great to have a centralized space to manage all the company projects and view them in a single, customizable timeline. It's easy to amend as things inevitably shift. I started with the free trial to test out its features and was able to do the initial setup. The tools and layout are intuitive for those who build schedules and budgets.

Initial set up does take some time as you build the database and various templates. Customization requires some knowledge of the plug-ins.

monday.com und farmerswife

Warum Hive gewählt wurde

As a department we wanted a centralized space for all projects to live in order to get a global view. Looking to take it company-wide for a test run in the next year.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Hive

For the scope of our projects, this was robust enough to provide all the tools we needed, but less complicated than some of the alternatives.

Antwort von Hive Technology

Thanks for your review, Tracy! We're happy to hear that Hive helps you keep your projects in a centralized space and that the tool is intuitive to use. Thanks for being a part of the Hive team!

Brooke
  • Branche: Hochschulbildung

Incredible project management tool

Bewertet am 27.8.2019

Hive is helping us modernize our efforts as a team and help our communication as a team be more centralized.

I love the interface and how easy it is navigate.

I'm looking forward to being able to search by action card #.

Basecamp und monday.com

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Hive

It is ranked #2 in project management sites, customer support was incredible, amazing non profit prices, and I loved all the project layout options depending on the user. And, the interface was great!
  • Branche: Computer-Software

Great tool for those getting into Program Management

Bewertet am 24.3.2020

Hive offers teams a very robust functionality as compared to competitor products. The ability to have reporting, Gantt charts and stacking projects is key in our eyes.

Onboarding and adoption was a little slower than I would have preferred internally, with the common feedback being its not as easy to navigate or use as some other options on the marketing.

Jira, monday.com, Wrike und Asana

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Hive

Hive offered the best combination of features in our price point.
Michelle
  • Branche: Architektur & Planung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Overall good, can tell quirks are getting worked out as the product grows and evolves.

Bewertet am 31.3.2020

Overall it has been good. We have watched the program evolve and have definitely noticed improvements in ease of use and functionality. Several questions/ functional issues that I have had and expressed through surveys and chats have been modified/corrected, so it's good to see that the company is actually paying attention to how people are using it.

-Multiple methods of tracking and organizing projects.
-Easy for multiple people to see what needs to be done on a project
-timelines make is easy to see where a project is going
-chats make it easy to keep shared notes available to everybody
-The time tracking feature is a nice addition. We are still getting the hang of using it effectively, but I think it is a good addition.

-Definitely don't like the new blue expansion boxes in the Gnatt view. Too easy to rename/delete something
-Can't see my notes on Hive mobile.
-Wish the green "complete" mark bubbles could change color depending on what the status of an item is.
-I don't understand why the subactions of a phase don't stay condensed/expanded as I left them, instead of randomly expanding/condensing upon close & reopen of a project.
-Wish there was an option of deleting all the subactions when a phase is deleted, instead of having them appear in a different phase then have to delete each one manually, individually.
-I'm not sure if I'm missing an option, or if there is a bug, but it seems like dependencies don't always make the things they are attached to, move together. Maybe I just need a more through explanation of how the feature works.

Jeff

A Great Tool For An Old Dog Who's Still Learning New Tricks

Bewertet am 24.3.2020

All jobs are run through Hive so we solve all our team productivity, scheduling and asset sharing (not final assets but briefs, notes, schedules, background documents, comps, etc) through the tool. We do not currently use the tool for client interaction, sharing or as an approval mechanism although we would like to.

I very much like the ablility to integrate IM, email and the productivity capabilities into one tool. It's a fantastic way to keep a 360-degree record of every job.

I do find that there is a huge learning curve for someone like me. I've been in this business for a long time but have always relied on others in supporting roles like traffic and production. Working for a small company where I am now responsible for everything from strategy to implementation and project management is a big challenge in and of itself. But learning the software on top of that does take time. It's not necessarily intuitive for someone like me that hasn't used other productivity software. Finding help and instructional videos to help me learn the basics and progress is somewhat difficult. I find myself spending lots of time sifting through the blog, doing Google and YouTube searches and reaching out through he tool's chat capability (often times it takes several hours to get a response). I wish there was a channel with all the videos that were well organized into a series of tutorials that would get you up and running quickly. I do a lot of trial and error and "learn by doing" on the platform. Again, because I'm a newbie, I suspect that would be the same no matter which tool I was using and probably isn't an issue for my younger, software native, brethren.

Mohammed
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

The appropriate collaborative option for managing various types of projects.

Bewertet am 3.2.2022

Hive helped us plan our projects more accurately and generate executable work plans that allowed us to follow the implementation stages and adjust tasks more flexibly. I strongly urge everyone to use it and take advantage of its collaborative and remote working features. Support is quick to respond and address difficulties when we have needed it.

Hive is more user-friendly, and one of the easiest project management platforms to set up and use, all for a low monthly fee. We were able to include customers and stakeholders on the same subscription, which helped us to accurately collect their opinion, especially in the planning stages and development of work schedules. In summary, it is a powerful collaborative tool that keeps everyone informed of project developments and assigns roles fairly, ensuring that all participants contribute according to their expertise.

Hive is ideal for a wide range of projects and comes at a very reasonable price. It is simple and flexible enough to manage all stages of the project life cycle.

Antwort von Hive Technology

Thank you for leaving this review, Mohammed! Your feedback helps us know what we are doing right and what we can improve on. We are so happy to hear that Hive has been beneficial to your team, and we thank you for being a vital part of the Hive community!

Glenn
  • Branche: Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Hive Taken to the next level

Bewertet am 30.11.2020

Hive has been a great help managing sales orders, manufacturing processes, quality inspections right down to shipments. It provides MFT with a live overview of all the various projects running simultaneously by assigning travelers, tasks, additional notes, check off lists all on a daily basis.

Know Hive is a Project Management tool MFT has taken it to the next level. We use Hive to following the manufacturing process from start to finish. As the Quality Manager, I use Hive to track scheduled fabrication on a daily basis. As orders are generated, the fabrication process is tracked throughout the build, to completion. Quality inspections are reported, and documented, then uploaded results so the team can review results. At this point, the jobs are tagged as complete and moved to the next step which is packing and shipping.

As sales orders are generated, they are inputted into Hive along with all applicable documents, PO#, drawings, travelers and additional notes is needed. Hive use to be able to open a Autocad file or Solidworks file, but now, the drawing file has to be downloaded then opened. This is an extra step we didnt have to do in the past. The recent update eliminated the ability to open these files from Hive.

Antwort von Hive Technology

Hi Glenn! Apologies for the inconvenience. We've set to work righting this error and you should be back to normal within the week. Thanks again!

Nate
Nate
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement

Hive Keeps Us Organized

Bewertet am 3.12.2020

Very satisfied and very positive! If you need a project management tool I would 100% recommend Hive. If you have a management tool and are also using a chat app like google hangouts or Slack I'd make the switch to house it all in one place.

Besides the obvious project management features that Hive excels at and that our team uses daily, the biggest gamechanger (and one I didn't expect when we launched Hive to be so impactful) is the chat function. For companies or groups who employ other apps like Slack, Hive offers a more streamlined place to hold all of your conversations in the same platform you manage and keep track of your work. It's been a huge boost for our team to have group and individual chats.

Hive is still making changes and updates to its platform. This is typically a benefit as we appreciate working with a platform that is always seeking to optimize and improve. However there has been a few bugs due to updates that have limited access into the platform for a small amount of time (less than an hour). The issue is usually resolved quickly but it does set us back if and when it happens.

Antwort von Hive Technology

Thanks for your great review, Nate! We're happy to hear you enjoy using Hive. We are always working to improve the platform and launch new features with minimal impact on our users. Your feedback is appreciated and will be passed along to the product team. Thanks for being a part of the Hive family!

Connor
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

After a learning curve, Hive is a strong for smaller organizations

Bewertet am 4.5.2022

Overall I enjoy using Hive. It is a simple software that serves every real need that I have. It could have more bells and whistles, but those aren't essential to operation, so I can't complain.

Hive seems to work best for organizations under 100 employees. It's cross collaborative and does a good job keeping you informed of upcoming due dates for tasks. The messaging service is also very useful and easy to understand, it's barebones but it gets the job done.

There is a pretty big learning curve for the first couple weeks of use, particularly with assigning tasks and managing projects. It's not the most intuitive software, but once you learn how to use it, it gets substantially easier to use. The process for creating a repeated tasked is a little tedious.

Antwort von Hive Technology

Thanks for leaving us this review, Connor! It's awesome to hear that Hive helps your team stay on top of tasks. We appreciate your feedback!

Courtney
  • Branche: Grafikdesign
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

A Great Project Management Tool!

Bewertet am 27.8.2019

It's been great working with Hive! My team and I use this application every day and I've found it really helpful for project management, which is one of my day to day tasks. I was responsible for finding a PM tool when I joined the team—and I'm so grateful that I found Hive!

In the past, I've used Asana for project management and Slack for messaging. Hive is the best of both worlds! I also prefer the layouts in Hive to any PM tools I've seen. Status view, calendar, Gantt chart and table view are all really helpful.

Tags and dependencies can be developed a bit more. Also, notifications are often messy. Would love an inbox for notifications rather than a popup in the top right corner and have the ability to mark certain tasks as read or unread.

Trello, monday.com und Asana
Grace
Grace
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

It is worth a try.

Bewertet am 5.3.2022

For basic or complex project management it is robust enough in terms of tools and flexibility. It has many functions and the established tasks are accomplished in shorter time frames.

It is easy to access as it is compatible with a variety of operating systems.
When I start new projects, I can keep track of the ongoing ones. My favorite aspects are the division of projects by phases, the customizable timeline, being able to budget/schedule, and set a defined framework. The labels and colors help me individualize and highlight project phases for a better overview and control.

*Using the mobile version, I see that it limits the functionality and potential of Hive.

*Also there should be clearer tutorials for the initial setup.

...However, once it is all set up, it is very nice to work on projects, but it could save headaches at the beginning.

Antwort von Hive Technology

Thanks for leaving this review, Grace! We are so happy to hear that Hive helps you and your team stay on track of projects and tasks. Also, we are re-vamping our onboarding, and your advice helps us during the process! Cheers!

Mitali
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Absolute Game-changer for My Team!

Bewertet am 7.4.2023

Hive has been a genuine game-changer software for my team. I highly recommend this tool to any company looking for a project management solution.

The software is incredibly user-friendly, making it easy for everyone on our team to collaborate seamlessly on projects. It offers great features which allow us to assign tasks, set deadlines, and track progress all in one place has made our workflow much more efficient.

We didn't face any issues with the software, but some minor bugs irritated us sometimes which I think is not a major issue.

Hannah
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Hive is a much needed resource during remote work and continues to improve!

Bewertet am 17.11.2020

Project management and in-house (only) team communication.

Project management and in-house (only) team communication.

The chat function is HUGE for keeping our team connected while we are apart. We use it every day. I also love the "my actions" view because it keeps everything organized for me and I can stay on track and on time while juggling many different projects at once. Hive takes our feedback and makes improvements in a timely manner. I would recommend this product and it will just keep getting better!

I think "my actions" should automatically sort by the next due date at the top (the closest date). Instead, you have to manually adjust the order of tasks by due date, which is a little tedious. Maybe you could offer both options? Manual and auto.

Shane

The Best Workflow and Product Management Software We've Found

Bewertet am 20.8.2021

After trying 3 or more programs for workflow and product management, none of them have the sophistication and intuitive features that Hive does. It has helped our project management and workflow process tremendously!

Because Hive offers such in-depth customization, it can be difficult to set everything up to run at maximum efficiency. We have a person in our company that was able to put everything together in such a way that made everything run very smoothly. So it may be a little difficult to set up to your needs, but once it's there your productivity will soar.

Antwort von Hive Technology

Thank you for this kind review, Shane! We are so happy to have you as part of the Hive community. If you ever have any feature requests or want to see what others are suggesting, head over to our feedback platform on Canny. We'd love to hear your thoughts!

Mark
Mark
  • Branche: Design

Hive Works!

Bewertet am 28.12.2018

As I mentioned above, working remotely can be difficult but I've been able to stay connected to my business partners using this software.

I like the fact that it consolidates the functionality of Slack, Trello and other project management software packages into one. I work remotely and it's easy to stay in touch with other members of the team on a minute-to-minute basis.

I can't get it to work reliably on my iPhone, despite updating it regularly. I have an older phone (5s) because I just like to have a smaller phone to carry. Soon this needs to change, but for now if I get notifications from Hive I have to find a place to pull up my laptop.

Dave
  • Branche: Verpackung und Container

First Time User

Bewertet am 24.9.2019

One of the first steps in the proposal process for sales leads is to complete an opportunity form which provides me with the details that I will need to begin developing the proposal document. The Hive application has provided me with an easy option for using the form function to create an opportunity form. The application provides me with a notification when this form is completed. After viewing the form I am able to pull the information I need and then attach this form and information to an existing or new project. Thus begins the proposal process. As a new user I am just beginning to understand all of the application's functionality, but with this first step in the process I am beginning to see how Hive will create a lot of efficiencies moving forward.

It's very user intuitive. As a new user I have been able to pick up and user the application rather quickly and with little training. I especially like the forms function as I have been able to reduce the amount of attachments I send via email by having other users complete required form information right in Hive and then attach this information directly to a project.

I haven't found anything that I do not like about the application.

Ezéchiel
Ezéchiel
  • Branche: Bau

Avis hive

Bewertet am 9.10.2023

It's a very good software that I highly recommend to everyone for project management but the mobile application is very small.

It's magical project management software. It manages the different tasks automatically. It's simply great software. I recommend it to all project managers.

It's great software that works great but the mobile app is limited in some features.