Hive Bewertungen

Hive

Powerful project management and collaboration platform

4.5/5 (100 Bewertungen)
Sadie P.
Mit Google übersetzen

Thank you Hive for making our business run seamlessly!

Bewertet am 4.9.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Hive has made communication between our company's team easy. Now, we don't have to constantly call each other, have follow-up meetings, and walk into each other's offices. We can simply log into Hive and see who is doing what. We know when things are due and what needs to be done next. Because of Hive communication is easy so we can focus on getting jobs done for clients and getting them done on time.

Hive is ridiculously user friendly. I like most how our team can collaborate on different tasks and we all know who is doing what and when. We also know when everything is due and what is to be done next. It makes communication and completing tasks practically effortless. Now we can focus less on the lists and to-do's because of Hive; now, we have more time to focus on actually completing the tasks themselves. Because of Hive, we can get jobs completed for customers on time. I also really like the time clock feature, where we can log our hours for different tasks and clients. Plus, anytime I have questions or troubles, the Hive customer support team is right there, ready to help. I can't rave about Hive enough.

I honestly have nothing that I least like about this software. It's an amazing product that myself and our company uses every day.

Robert F.

The Only Project Management Software with the Features I need

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Hive is the only project management software that is cloud collaborative, has infinite sub tasks, and Gantt charts so it was an easy choice. Also it is not Microsoft Project so I don't have to deal with their insane billing methods.

Chatting inside tasks or letting task owners turn sub tasks into their own projects is great. Everyone can keep up with who is working on what and who needs help or what is holding up the project. Sign in and billing is super easy.

Support is extremely reactive when I have questions. There is a bunch of stats on task completion that I don't use, but look useful.

The mobile app has significantly reduced functionality compared to desktop.

Chantal S.

Happy Hivers

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

As a virtual accounting team, we are using Hive not only to document our full range of workflow processes and procedures, but also as an audit trail. Hive keeps us on task and on point with client commitments, and has helped us collaborate with each other more effectively. Internal emails are almost non-existent now w/ the Hive messaging and commenting tools. We looked at all the options out there and were impressed with how Hive seems to bring the best of each project management platform to bear. It has been a gamechanger for us.

Love the clean, bright interface, the options for data/project organization and visual representation, and stellar customer support - especially during onboarding. Hive messaging is also really slick (we no longer use Slack) and the platform's Giphy integration makes for some fun times for our virtual team.

There are some quirks which we have discussed at length with the development team - most notably the inability to create dependent tasks within project actions that recur. We hear they are working on it, though. And our direct contact with support is a main reason we love Hive.

Lindsey S.

We love Hive!

Bewertet am 3.9.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Hive has allowed us to seamlessly connect, communication, collaborate between our team members, while being organized and efficient.

This software has helped us streamline our operations - allowing our team of designers and project managers to communicate and work on projects collaboratively and seamlessly. It helps us all be on the same page and ensures that we get our projects done on time.

We have no cons to report. Any issues we have with the software are related to organization and user set up. For example, if one doesn't check their "flagged items" daily, then they back up, which is a problem but it's on the user.

Melvin L.
Mit Google übersetzen

Great for productivity and task tracking at mass

Bewertet am 19.9.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Overall, Hive was a great addition to the team. We used to do daily catchups with the stakeholders, which honestly wasted a lot of time in total for the whole team. With Hive, not only are we able to streamline work, it is also accountable and saves times by reducing needs for constant catchups on a daily basis. Anytime a stakeholder needs an idea of where the project is going, all that needs to be done is to login to Hive.

Easy to use, many different views and ways to personalize the UI to suit each person's needs.
Notifications are great to also help track tasks and ensure completion of tasks amongst the team is done well.

Hive is great for small teams with large, repetitive tasks that needs to be tracked on multiple steps, which is what exactly my team has been using it for. All in all good experience, has helped cut down the need or daily catchups as all stakeholders can easily see project status and update project details quickly as well

No way to track version history.
We have a rouge person who keeps randomly deleting our templates in the organisation. Hive has no way to track things like these however.

Also, I have used other project management softwares, and a lack of a desktop app or a addon (meaning you have to always open a tab to get the notifications) is a bit of a bummer

Wagner A.
Mit Google übersetzen

A good tool for multiple projects

Bewertet am 19.12.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

My company works with local and remote teams. With Hive we manage and use human resources more assertively. Some of the tools of the platform, such as the management of estimated time to complete the tasks, helps us to work in this mixed regime.

one of the best features of the tool is the ability to view projects in different ways. Be it as a schedule, status or Gantt view.
This allows us to configure the best way to follow each project, either by the team's need or simply to facilitate the follow-up on a daily basis.
I recommend for teams with a mixed regime of employees (presence and remote) and for those who work with multiple projects requiring daily updating

Unfortunately the mobile app version of the platform still has many problems. It is necessary to change the visualization of the tasks and to improve the speed of access and update, the simple act of changing the menu options generates a lot of loading time. I believe that the mobile version needs a complete overhaul, I've already tried to use it on the iOS and Android platforms, but the problems are similar and many members of my team simply stopped using the app.

Kathleen P.

Best Task Management System Ever Created

Bewertet am 11.9.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

As a Health benefits office, this program makes every task we do easy to complete and with the utmost efficiency that the task is absolutely done or what needs to be done to complete it.

I love how simple it is to create the task cards and customize them any way necessary.

Once something is deleted such as a comment or a picture it is permanently deleted.

Tyler B.

Hive Changed my life

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Hive is the single best end-to-end project management software on the market. I've tried pretty much all of them and they hide critical features behind tiered payment plans unnecessarily. I have team members all across the world and we all use it to stay on top of critical projects daily.

I especially love the forms feature for standard or weekly tasks.

Every single time I've reached out to customer service regarding questions or issues they've been professional and especially helpful to me. They've always known how to help, gone out of their way to make sure I was satisfied, and given me exactly what I need.

In my opinion, Hive knocks every single other task or project management software out of the water. It has increased our productivity, simplified our communication, prevented issues with clients, and given everyone in my company peace of mind.

The app for the phone isn't as functional as the desktop app for Mac or the online version.

Courtney P.
Mit Google übersetzen

A Great Project Management Tool!

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

It's been great working with Hive! My team and I use this application every day and I've found it really helpful for project management, which is one of my day to day tasks. I was responsible for finding a PM tool when I joined the team—and I'm so grateful that I found Hive!

In the past, I've used Asana for project management and Slack for messaging. Hive is the best of both worlds! I also prefer the layouts in Hive to any PM tools I've seen. Status view, calendar, Gantt chart and table view are all really helpful.

Tags and dependencies can be developed a bit more. Also, notifications are often messy. Would love an inbox for notifications rather than a popup in the top right corner and have the ability to mark certain tasks as read or unread.

Jason B.

Hive is the Most Versatile Task-Management Tool I've Ever Used

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I love using Hive. I have been demonstrably more productive at scheduling out my time and seeing what's on my plate. I love it so much that I've been paying for it out of pocket for about nine months (as of this writing) because my company has yet to approve paying for it (just for budget reasons).

Hive is versatile, customizable, and easy to use to track the completion of projects and tasks. The simple fact that you can instantly convert a project from Kanban style to a calendar view is incredible.

The arrangement of the projects at the top isn't ideal.

Amanda Z.
Mit Google übersetzen

Great software at a competitive price

Bewertet am 20.9.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Our team does not have a project manager, so we needed a tool that would streamline our project processes and enable each team member to PM their own projects. Hive allowed us to get projects spun up faster and has increased our cross-functional team collaboration.

There are so many features that I love about Hive. My favorite is that you can tailor each project view to what works best. The ability to provide reviews in app and establish approval flows is awesome. Additionally, the template design is robust and allows you to quickly form a project plan.

I would like a better alert system and the ability to leave alerts unread - once you read them, they disappear from the main notification tab. I would like more high-level reporting that we can bubble up for executive review.

Frank x. P.

Truly Insightful Project Management for Agencies

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

The multiple team and dashboard views are a difference maker for our team, as well as the agency view which helps us anticipate and overcome potential bottlenecks.

The mobile app is not nearly as robust as the desktop version.

Jesse F.
Mit Google übersetzen

Hive for in-house design & marketing team

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

It;'s been pretty much exactly what I wanted, and has worked as well as I could have hoped for. It has helped us greatly reduce the time it was taking us to input data from design requests, and it helps us stay on track with our large volume of active projects.

First off, it's the best priced option I found in my research. It's way below other services. I was happy to find that the interface and functionality did not suffer due to the low price tag. The platform is pretty much ideal for our purposes, design request forms, job traffic, and even long term strategic organization. Customer support is good, generally quick responses and help.

A few minor things here and there, like not being able to delete custom fields that I created. I feel like I looked pretty thoroughly for a way to delete them and didn't find it, but I also have not spoken to customer support, which i'm sure could help. Some trouble adding users at first, invite email took a while to get to teh person.

Jim C.

Comprehensive Collaboration Feature Set

Bewertet am 26.9.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Hive brings our entire team into one collaborative workspace, allowing us to replace most emails with chat & task management. Samepage.io is also worth reviewing - haven't tried it but seems to also have a strong feature set at a similar or lower price, and includes video chat.

* Ability to view work by project, but team members all in one view, and then filter tasks to everything assigned to me across multiple projects
* Chat
* Responsiveness of customer service team via in app Intercom

* Threaded chat would be nice. This was recently added to Slack, but Workplace by Facebook does it even better
* Filter out actions that have not hit their start date yet, AND tasks that have an unmet dependency. Goal is to focus attention toward work which can be done now, and minimize extra human manual filtering.
* Needs FILTER BY DATE COMPLETED: We're most interested in seeing this available on the "My team" view, but could also make sense elsewhere. While we can filter status view by assignees, projects and status complete, just need this additional ability
* Should be a way to AUTOMATICALLY MOVE URGENT ACTIONS TO TOP: Automatically sort tasks marked "urgent" to top of each respective status list when "Sort Type" "Sort by Priority" has been selected in the project navigator so users don't have to hunt them down and pull them up.

Prabhdeep S.

Hive Review

Bewertet am 17.11.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: SoftwareAdvice

It's really customizable. You can view the same project in a lot of different ways. It also great that you have a bunch of separate projects, but can view them all together with summary view. There are just so many options that it really fits the needs of my whole team.

I wish there were more integrations, but I think they are working on adding more. Also, I would love if they could add time tracking, but besides that there isn't too much I dislike. I had some trouble figuring out the new forms feature, but the customer support team was really helpful in getting that resolved.

Crystal M.

Great Experience So Far!

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I am enjoying my time with Hive so far, very efficient and easy to use. Always updating their features, which is fun to learn about and implement into my work. Awesome product!

The ability to create actions and sub-actions for a project / event, adding due dates. Different views, news feed section, ability to change text design.

Being able to print off selections / parts exel sheets and not all together.

Carolina P.
Mit Google übersetzen

Great application for managing multiple projects

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I'm able to tell the clients exactly in what stage their project is in a few clicks. No task is or project is left behind!

How easy it is to see the progress, or lack, of progress of a project. The analytics part is also very helpful especially the time spend on different task.

The phone version is slow. I would like to be log in in my account instead of having to log on all the time.

Mary ann D.

Very helpful to my team

Bewertet am 18.12.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I love Hive so much because this is the perfect tool for me and my team. It's like trello and slack in one! The task cards are easy to navigate. Assigning or tagging people to the tasks is not complicated at all. The forms are being used for our clients' job requests and it works great.

App and browser - sometimes logging in is hard because it loads really slow. Some of my team members are always complaining that they cannot log in to hive, just seeing plain white background. I hope you can improve that.

Mark V.

Hive Works!

Bewertet am 28.12.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

As I mentioned above, working remotely can be difficult but I've been able to stay connected to my business partners using this software.

I like the fact that it consolidates the functionality of Slack, Trello and other project management software packages into one. I work remotely and it's easy to stay in touch with other members of the team on a minute-to-minute basis.

I can't get it to work reliably on my iPhone, despite updating it regularly. I have an older phone (5s) because I just like to have a smaller phone to carry. Soon this needs to change, but for now if I get notifications from Hive I have to find a place to pull up my laptop.

Good for Workflow Basics

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Overall, Hive has been a great addition to the company. It feels scalable and the easy of use is nice. I am still exploring features such as Time Tracking as I work towards configuring the software to account for more of our workflow. Customer service has been pleasant to deal with and they are working towards addressing some of the logic flaws in their design. Hopefully within a couple of months, we'll have the tool where we need it.

Organizing and structuring recurring assignments for a team of writers who produce over 1,000 articles per month can be challenging. Hive definitely helps keep things flowing. My writers love how clear and concise their workload is presented each day. The ability to change and insert new assignments or move them around is also great.

The reporting and accountability factors are lacking a little in Hive. There is some bad logic in their recurring actions that prevent us from being able to generate accurate productivity reports. They are currently working towards addressing this issue, but as it stands if you need strong, reliable reporting and also need recurring assignments, then Hive may not be the tool for you... yet.

Mit Google übersetzen

Hive is a very good Project Management software tool, only lacking on budget / reporting.

Bewertet am 4.8.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Hive is a good project management tool when you focus on the projects. If you want to track the budget along with the project progress, it is lacking several features that would make that possible.

Hive allows for a few different method of project management for both agile and waterfall projects. It has built in time tracking and you can invite clients without having to pay a fee for them to be in your system. The forecasting tools are helpful and has most of everything you would expect to see in a project management system.

There are two things missing from this software that would make it a great tool. The first of which is an individual users task list that can be prioritized. Each of our employees wants to see what they are responsible for across all projects and then set priority without having to use a separate program (like Asana). Also, Hive does not do much to address the budgeting side of project management, so there is not a lot of insight to how the budget is being used or reporting back to the client on budget over time of the project, let alone any type of portfolio management.

Raghav B.

It is a great tool

Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt
Bewertet am 23.11.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: SoftwareAdvice

Events are gathered in HDFS by flume and needs to be processed into parquet files for fast querying. The input data contains variable attributes in the json payload as each customer could define custom attributes.

It is part of the ETL pipeline, where hive jobs read json data and generates parquet files that would be queried using impala/spark. Using views, each customer queries only the relevant data

The syntax of hive! Its almost SQL so its easy to use.
External tables, partitions, buckets, UDFs all the features I like to use with hive. ORC data format occupying lesser space and retrieving the data much faster.
The Hive is intended to simplify your experience with Hadoop and allows developers and business analyst apply their SQL knowledge to query data, build reports, build etl etc.
To be able to run map reduce jobs using json parsing and generate dynamic partitions in parquet file format.

Hive is comparatively slower than its competitors. Its easy to use but that comes with the cost of processing, If you are using it just for batch processing then hive is well and fine. It also does not have as rich of a scripting language.

Dave S.

First Time User

Bewertet am 24.9.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

One of the first steps in the proposal process for sales leads is to complete an opportunity form which provides me with the details that I will need to begin developing the proposal document. The Hive application has provided me with an easy option for using the form function to create an opportunity form. The application provides me with a notification when this form is completed. After viewing the form I am able to pull the information I need and then attach this form and information to an existing or new project. Thus begins the proposal process. As a new user I am just beginning to understand all of the application's functionality, but with this first step in the process I am beginning to see how Hive will create a lot of efficiencies moving forward.

It's very user intuitive. As a new user I have been able to pick up and user the application rather quickly and with little training. I especially like the forms function as I have been able to reduce the amount of attachments I send via email by having other users complete required form information right in Hive and then attach this information directly to a project.

I haven't found anything that I do not like about the application.

Susan M.

Transformed our workflow

Bewertet am 18.12.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

We have hundreds of projects in a calendar year. Hive allows us to make assignments to team members, consolidate files, and assign start/stop dates so that projects don't get missed. It has been a valuable tool for us.

Flexibility for just a task or an entire project. Also like the public and private options.

Sometimes I lose things! But that is probably me needing to use filters more efficiently. Also, if you check off a completed task within a project, it removes it from the project - so attaching files to the project (not the task) keep them accessible for length of project.

Jessica M.
Mit Google übersetzen

Head and shoulders above the rest

Bewertet am 15.2.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Intuitive UX design: check. Customization: check. Small expert touches: check. This software makes managing projects and seeing where all of our projects are at a breeze.

I'm a designer at a small agency, and we have as many as 12 different client projects going on at the same time. Before, figuring out priorities and deadlines was organizational chaos. With Hive, I know what's due when, who's working on it, what the feedback is, what the status of the project is, and all at a glance. I love the built-in messenger and different layouts for viewing projects. The small touches like custom messenger statuses and built-in giphy make Hive fun to use.

I think the notifications section needs some improvement. I'd like more settings for how and when I receive notifications. My bosses are out of pocket a lot of the time, and we haven't been able to figure out how to make sure they get email notifications for the right things. Right now we're still relying on email for some internal communications, but I hope that won't be the case in the future.