Workamajig

Sortieren nach

Wendy
Wendy
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Robust agency software for all your project management needs.

Bewertet am 26.10.2018

Many features bundle into one program. Your all in one solution for project management.

A little too robust. Scheduling portion can be complicated. Would be great to have more drag and drop features integrated and other views of the calendars available.

Hi Wendy,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know what you think of Workamajig! I'm happy to hear that your team has gained value from our product.
I'd like to submit your request for more drag and drop features, and will have a member of our support team follow up with you for additional details.

As always, please feel free to reach out to support@workaajig.com with any questions.

david
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Good project management program

Bewertet am 9.10.2023

Workamajig is a very detailed project management platform that is ideal for project management organization, scheduling and time tracking for an organization with a large volume of projects to manage. The program goes into very granular detail for task responsibility which is vital for a large volume projects.

If your department project volume is light or not that complex, Workamajig would be unnecessary for your project management needs. Sometimes simple projects get bogged down in a myriad of tasks of checking a completion box – where the platform is supposed to be enabling efficiencies, it is adding unnecessary work to the team.

Brandon

I've used it across two different agencies for the past 8 years

Bewertet am 9.1.2018

When setup properly on the front end it can do a great job exporting status reports for our team, which is a task that would mean someone manually updating a spreadsheet if we didn't have workamajig.

It's project management input functions (diaries) are too linear. Wkmjg works great for simple jobs like print ads and radio scripts but when it comes to projects with a lot of parrallel tasks, moving at the same time, it doesn't compare to products like Basecamp. For instance, I could never use wkmjg to build a website (or any complex digital pieces) where I need to set deadlines for multiple disciplines and keep their resources and conversation separate from one another. For example, my designer shouldn't have to wade through a ton of diary posts between the QA team to find my last post to him. I also think the accounting side of wkmjg is something that was designed a long time ago and has just been gradually tacked on and added to and it's in need of a audit and complete redesign to make it more user firendly for both agency accountants and the project managers reviewing billing worksheets on the other end.

Hi Brandon,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback as it helps us improve our product and user experience. Our team is happy to review issues and help streamline processes at support@workamajig.com.

Shelly
Shelly

Workamajig from a CFO perspective

Bewertet am 30.10.2018

The ability to download just about any information into csv file and analyze easily, without modification of formatting, into tables and pivots.

The slide in and out screens in new platform.

Hi Shelly,

Thank you for sharing your experience with Workamajig! I'm happy to hear that you've gained value from the ability to download any information into csv files.

The sliding screen format is designed to create a breadcrumb path of where you are in screens that may have more details/drill down. You can also easily close them all by simply clicking on the left most panel without having to close each slide out panel individually.

If you'd like to open each screen in a new window, you can simply ctrl+click the screen you'd like to open and it will open in a new window.

Please feel free to reach out with any questions at support@workamajig.com.

Yeliza
Yeliza

Great for Resource Management but not for Workflow

Bewertet am 10.8.2018

Overall my experience has been great for what I need from the software. The support team is pretty quick to response too.

I love the new Platinum version; it's so intuitive and easy to use. I practically live in Workamajig - it's where I do all of my scoping, resource management, timesheets and insertion orders for various mediums.

I don't like their workflow option. It's confusing and compared to other softwares, it's old school and clunky.

Hi Yeliza,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are glad to hear you love the new Platinum interface and find it easy to use. Please let us know if we can be of any service with questions at support@workamajig.com.

• Branche: Bildungsmanagement

Did not meet our needs

Bewertet am 20.11.2023

It was nice to be able to upload documents to a project and proof directly within Workamajig. We could also see a breakdown report of how many projects from each department we completed, so that bit of data analysis was nice to have.

Workamajig really didn't meet many of our needs. It felt like a clunky software that was not very user-friendly or intuitive. Adding or deleting a user was challenging. Many of the project/job fields weren't relavent to what we did but we had to fill out the info anyway to enter a project. We wanted to customize different job fields and we couldn't. The way Workamajig organized projects by default was strange. We couldn't really personalize much/any of the software. It was hugely expensive too, even in comparison to other similar software that offers much more features.

Antwort von Workamajig

Thanks for your honest review.
We're sorry this wasn't the right solution for your team. Best of luck to you & your team.
Please reach out if there is anything we can help you with.
Reuben [: ]

James
James
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Not great but not the worst either...

Bewertet am 2.4.2019

We use Workamajig where I work for project management. Now, I'm not a project manager, and I just use Workamajig to basically enter my time and expenses, and for whatever reason, these simple tasks just seem like a monumentally complex task in Workamajig. Luckily, our project managers are able to take the time to help me figure out exactly what I'm doing, because to me, it's an incredibly confusing system. I will say it's not the worst thing I've ever had to use as an employee. But for a very small team, it just seems like so much overkill to me.

Accessible on most any device. A lot of features.

Incredibly confusing to get acclimated to. The UI can be quite confusing.

Hi James,

Thank you for taking the time to review our product.

We'd love to do what we can to improve your experience.
If you have any questions, or if you feel there are specific areas of timekeeping that can be simplified, please let us know at support@workamajig.com.

We're here to help!

Sam
Sam

Better Than C&P

Bewertet am 26.10.2018

I like how it's very easy to navigate and find out information you're looking for. But mostly, the billing process is so much more streamlined that Clients & Profits.

I really feel like a mobile version of Workamajig would be great!

Hi Sam,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We are thrilled to hear you find the billing process streamlined and the interface easy to navigate.

WMJ can be accessed on mobile devices by
opening a safari or chrome browser on your phone/tablet then using your login url/platinum.

Let us know if you have any questions regarding mobile access or other questions at support@workamajig.com.

Cory
Cory
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

A comprehensive project management platform

Bewertet am 16.1.2018

I like that Workamajig has so many features. My team uses it for project management, proofing, estimating, and so many other things.

The expansive features can be a double-edged sword. As great as it is to have so many features, it's also a bit frustrating trying to navigate the platform. the onboarding process for this program is a massive undertaking.

Hello Cory,

Thank you for sharing and we appreciate the feedback as we are continually working to better our user experience.

We have resources available for our Platinum users including new walk-throughs to help navigate the interface as well as Platinum tips listed in this link: http://help.workamajig.com/platinum-tips.
Our team is also happy to address questions at support@workamajig.com

Travis
Travis

We workamajigging.

Bewertet am 27.7.2019

I like the Traffic Schedule in the Flash version so you can see your daily/weekly tasks along with your team members. Task Timers ARE THE BEST!!! You can bounce between timers as you work through your To Dos (just make sure you pause your current timer before switching tasks ;)

In the traffic schedule, I would like to be able to select specific people and not just departs. I don't always need to see the schedule of the whole design team, I just want to see one person.

Josh

Media Planning

Bewertet am 2.2.2022

Overall, I find that the software is very easy to use. I use WMJ every day for several different parts of my job and have had no major issues that I can speak to. When things need to be tweaked or adjusted, I am able to get the proper support to make any adjustments that I need to.

I was a little slow to adjust from WMJ classic to Platinum, but the transition went great. Platinum is much easier to navigate through and from a Insertion/Broadcast order creation perspective, I have found that that things are laid out more clearly. From my perspective, it is much easier to use than previous versions. I also like the ability to copy line items for easy editing when creating orders and being able to create an order in the system.

When creating a broadcast/insertion order with several lines, the software can get a little bogged down. With lots of information being uploaded at once I can understand why, but sometimes things lag a bit. I also find that it's difficult to make revisions to orders. I understand that once orders are approved that things get locked in for billing purposes, but it can be tedious to make edits if adjustments need to be made.

Hi Josh,
Thanks so much for leaving such a nice review!
We're glad to hear that you're enjoying Workamajig.

-Reuben from Workamajig [: ]

Dan
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

It'll do what you need it to do.

Bewertet am 26.10.2018

We used two separate systems for accounting and project workflow, this was one of the few that pulled them together in a more native manner. If you want workflow software, there are many out there that are FAR better than this solution, and the same can be said for accounting software. But until Quickbooks-like solution or Basecamp-like products natively integrate, this is probably the next best thing.

One of the few solutions that connects time tracking, project management, fairly sophisticated accounting and billing, media contracts, utilization reporting, and more.

Its not intuitive. The products ease-of-use has improved with the latest version, Platinum, but its still not as intuitive as most main stream software. Users/managers of the product need some pretty specific knowledge of the software to get the most out of it.

Hi Dan,

We appreciate your honest feedback, as it gives us the opportunity to continue to improve our product.

We are happy to provide training on the new Platinum interface as well as review current processes for streamlining options. We also have resources available for our Platinum users including new walk-throughs to help navigate the interface as well as Platinum tips listed in this link: http://help.workamajig.com/platinum-tips.

I will have you account manager follow-up.

• Branche: Textilien
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Extremely clunky

Bewertet am 6.12.2018

If you are looking for a project management tool I would strongly recommend looking elsewhere!

Workamajig has all of the core features you'd want in any project management tool. The implementation of those features on the other hand....

The user interface is downright terrible. It is clunky, it doesn't refresh when it is supposed to and the load times are extremely laggy. The software is also extremely buggy. I have had many instances where I have definitely entered data only to go back and find that what I entered was missing. It's hard to do anything with confidence when there are this many bugs!

Hi there,

Thank you for your candid review of our product, as it helps us to continue to improv.

Have you had an opportunity to check out the all new Workamajig Platinum Interface?
We've completely rebuilt the product to be more responsive, intuitive and easier to navigate.
There's no added costs for platinum and you can check it out at any time by simply adding /platinum to the end of your login url.
We've also set up walk-throughs to help you navigate the new interface and can offer free training on the new apps.

Please feel free to reach out with any questions at support@workamajig.com - we're here to help!

Keagan
  • Branche: Öffentlichkeitsarbeit und Kommunikation

My Company is New to Workamajig Platinum

Bewertet am 26.10.2018

As a millennial with pretty decent technology navigation skills / understanding how to quickly and efficiently learn program to my needs, Workamajig is pretty user friendly. I am aware there are lots of paths of the program that I don't use, but those that I do are relatively easy to maneuver.

I don't think older generations have an easy time learning the program, then causing understanding problems within our company. Unless they are tech geniuses basically, I don't think this is a program that could just be inserted into a company without having knowledge/understanding gaps.

Hi Keagan,

Thanks for taking the time to review our product! I'm glad to hear that you enjoy using Workamajig and are having an easy time of it.

I'd love to understand a bit more which knowledge gaps you are referring to. We do offer personalized training and have built in walk-throughs that cover all the basic workflows.

We are always looking to improve and I've asked our support team to follow up regarding the knowledge gaps you mentioned.

As always, please feel free to reach out with any questions at support@workamajig.com.

Jim

Will Know More Soon

Bewertet am 26.10.2018

We have been on WMJ for about five years now and are in the process of moving from the legacy product to Platinum as well. We are also moving our accounting over to the platform beginning Jan 1st. Hoping Platinum makes the product better value for us then it has been.

Onboarding was extremely difficult and we never really got it set up the way it should be. We are doing a reboot with the move to Platinum.

Antwort von Workamajig

Thank you for your feedback! Workamajig is designed to be an enterprise solution for creative firms taking the place of all other systems. To ensure information flows correctly between the different modules, detailed set-up and implementation is imperative. We understand this can be time consuming and want to aide in a smooth transition to Platinum for your team.

We are happy to offer complimentary training on the new interface and we have resources available for our Platinum users including new walk-throughs to help navigate the interface as well as Platinum tips listed in this link: http://help.workamajig.com/platinum-tips.

I will have our training team follow-up to get a session scheduled.

• Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

WMJ Is The Best!

Bewertet am 6.11.2018

We have WMJ and our WMJ team to thank for our organization at our company. It's a great way to track time for our clients and our bosses as well as easy to use.

The ease of using it. It's simple to learn and makes what would be a very hectic workplace , work smoothly.

The amount of steps when assigning a task was greatly improved when WMJ platinum came out. I think uploading files and where the files are stored could be improved. At an advertising agency there are 100's of files uploaded a day and they can be difficult to find and keep track of.

Hi there,

I'm happy to hear that your ream has gained value from Workamajig, and that it's helped with your company's organization.

I'd like to do what I can to make your experience even better. You can open up the Project - Files area in Workamajig to drag-n-drop files into Workamajig.

We'd love to help with the difficulty you mentioned in finding/tracking your files, but we will need some additional details. Please email support@workamajig.com and we'll be glad to help!

Monte
  • Branche: Design

They've come a long way

Bewertet am 14.8.2018

Overall, the product is an extremely effective tool for workflow and data logging, if only some of the bugs could get ironed out.

WMJ provides a solid platform for each sector of the creative business. It's relatively easy to track time, create budgets & schedules, and monitor projects overall. The interface is clean and appealing, especially in the Platinum update.

The flash version is archaic and extremely buggy. The updated version can be glitchy and doesn't automatically update to the current day. When entering tasks or time, it often has glitches and errors, or adds to the wrong fields.

Hi Monte,

Thank you for sharing your experience with Workamajig; the areas that work well and the ones we can improve upon. We are constantly striving to better our user experience and would like to further investigate the errors occurring. A member of our support team will follow-up shortly. You can also reach them with any questions at support@workamajig.com

Workamajig keeps advancing

Bewertet am 26.10.2018

I really do like WMJ, it's been my favorite software I've used this far.

I really do like WMJ, it's been my favorite software I've used this far.

I like the software because of it's functionality and how many different ways there are to measure your productivity. I think it is complementary to many different roles within a company from accounting to project management to traffic monitoring, benefitting all of them equally.

Although I like that WMJ continues to update and make the software more useful, I find that sometimes it's not very intuitive, especially while trying to train other team members on the many steps.

Antwort von Workamajig

Thank you for sharing; we are glad to hear WMJ benefits multiple roles within your firm.

To aide our clients in transitioning to Platinum, we are happy to provide complimentary training. We also have resources available for our Platinum users including new walk-throughs to help navigate the interface as well as Platinum tips listed in this link: http://help.workamajig.com/platinum-tips.

• Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Features for small to mid agencies

Bewertet am 26.10.2018

Time keeping/tracking. Customizeable desktop to see active jobs and notes about them.

Copying/moving estimates and POs over to new jobs... For example... a project worked on in 2017 includes estimates and POs that would rollover to a new 2018 job. Workamajig does not allow you to do this. You have to copy and paste.

Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your experience with our product. I'm glad to hear that you've gained value from timekeeping and the customizable desktops in Workamajig.

We do have available solutions for the issues you mentioned. Workamajig does not require you to add a project for each new year. you have the option to keep an existing PO open into the new year. If you need to create a new project, you can copy from the old project so the estimate will be carried over.
You also have the option to copy an existing PO and change the amount/project etc..

As always, we're here to help at support@workamajig.com. Please feel free to reach out with any questions.

Mark

Getting Jiggy

Bewertet am 16.8.2018

It's made it a lot easier for me to track my teams status as it relates to budgets. Trying to get people to a place where they are fully aware of the time they have invested and what they have left. Using platinum and a project management tool has been rewarding. We are starting to use it more to track content and progression of jobs. I hope that it replaces trello so we are more integrated between departments.

Very intuitive UI. Has a lot of features beyond budget tracking and project management. I feel like I am just scraping the surface of all the capabilities.

Still not very mobile friendly. A little clunky on Chrome with some to the drop downs.

Hi Mark,

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are glad to hear Workamajig is delivering value to your firm. Our support team is happy to investigate the issues you are experiencing with accessing on mobile/Chrome. I will have your account manager reach out to get additional information.

• Branche: Internet
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

It works, and the lock-in is intense, but I would recommend something else

Bewertet am 16.1.2018

I already know how to use it, and it's minimally ok for time and expense tracking.

The new platinum version is a better UX than the old Flash app. After you know how to use it, it's minimally functional for what it does.

The core app is built in Flash, and doesn't work well at all. Also, the app doesn't export any data easily in any way whatsoever, and it's nearly impossible to get a hold of your data in a useable way.

Antwort von Workamajig

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback as we are continually working to improve our product and user experience.

Workamajig Platinum is only available as an HTML application and we have resources available to assist our Platinum users including new walk-throughs to help navigate the interface as well as Platinum tips listed in this link: http://help.workamajig.com/platinum-tips.

Our team is also happy to address any issues and review ways to streamline processes at support@workamajig.com.

Overall clunky unclear interface

Bewertet am 26.10.2018

It allows me to track my time, as required by my company.

The overall UI seems clunky and difficult to navigate. As a disclaimer, I use platinum which I know is still beta. The endless amount of sidebar pull-out drawers is a confusing and difficult way to structure this type of software. It's very easy to lose your place. I'm a fairly minimal user of Workamajig at this point, my main uses are tracking time in my time sheet, marking tasks complete, and reviewing the schedule to see who should receive the ticket next.

Hi there,

Thank you for your review of Workamajig.
All of the functions you mentioned can be done straight from the Task Card from the Today-Creatives screen. You can enter time, mark task as completed, and by using the Folder icon you can quickly navigate to the Schedule of the related project.

They can also switch to the task grid view to expand the row to enter time/mark as completed without opening up side panels.

Please feel free to reach out to support@workamajig.com and we'll be happy to walk through this with you.

• Branche: Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen

Executive Assistant to Managing Partners

Bewertet am 26.10.2018

You can easily view other calendars to schedule a meeting. Meeting times can be easily broken down. I've always been an Outlook calendar user, but we use WMJ for meetings and manage time billed to a client project.

Printing others calendars is probably my biggest gripe with WMJ. When I print out other peoples calendars it prints my name on the bottom of the page. It should read like "Jane Doe 00/00/00 - Printed By XXXXXX".

Antwort von Workamajig

Thank you for sharing your feedback! I believe we have a resolution to the issue mentioned; when printing the calendar using Calendar View option, you can also choose "Display Legend." This will print the legend on the printout since each calendar can have multiple people or resource selected to view/print.

Please let us know if you have further questions and if we can be of any assistance at support@workamajig.com.

JENNIFER
  • Branche: Öffentlichkeitsarbeit und Kommunikation

Better upgrades

Bewertet am 2.11.2018

Really like the live/speed aspect, that as soon as someone approves their time, I can see it right away and add it to the billing. The newer features that allow me to drill down into more information, or click on a link to take me to a new screen is turning out to be super helpful to solve issues.

I'm really liking the new Platinum version, and seeing what new features are offered. Especially now that I can use it on my iPad!

Don't like that I lost the ability to open a page in a new window.

Hi Jennifer,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our product.
I'm happy to hear that you're enjoying the updates we've worked to develop, and that you've gained value from the real time updates in Workamajig!

Please note that if ctrl+click the page you'd like to open, it will open in a separate window :)

Please feel free to reach out with any questions at support@workamajig.com.

Lisa

Workamajig is great!

Bewertet am 2.11.2018

Been on the system since 2005 and it keeps getting stronger and stronger. thanks for all the updates.

I like the billing system the best but all features are great especially when you see it as an overall inclusive system.

The new dashboards are awesome. always looking for more ways for all employees to see and take ownership.

Love the new V card area. works awesome.

Deliverables are still a bit weak and clunky. they could be more flexible and intuitive.
would like to see more ways to share profit without employees drilling down to figure out employee cost or salaries.

Hi Lisa,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback; we appreciate your input as we continue working to better our user experience. Please let us know if we can assist with any questions that arise at support@workamajig.com.