Kinetic Erfahrungen

Michael
  • Branche: Möbel

Good Mid Market Configurable ERP Software

Bewertet am 9.10.2018

Overall my experience with Epicor is very positive. I like the way that I can modify just about everything in order to adjust to my work flow and to solve problems. The support is standard large company support, the first call you make will be to tier one and unless it is simple it will get escalated.

The software is very robust. Just about everything that the software does is configurable and modifiable. The interface is fairly customizable, you can move things around and even change the color scheme to your liking.

I wouldn't say I dislike this, but do take into consideration that the customization of the software requires a significant amount of programming skill. This software is not targeted at smaller companies that wouldn't have an IT staff or are not willing to spend money on outside programmers.

Antwort von Epicor Software

Thank you for taking the time to post a review, Michael. We appreciate the feedback you have provided on customization. At Epicor, we are committed to providing an ease of use experience. Thank you.

Product stability has greatly improved in recent releases, support is often missing in action

Financials, Shop Floor control, scheduling, purchasing

Financials, Shop Floor control, scheduling, purchasing

ITs flexibility and ability to customize. Cloud versions available. Offers many modules for most needs. There has been in the past several years a building of third party software vendors with the ability to augment the customization, implementation and general maintenance of the software requiring less reliance on Epicor consulting services. Features such as document routing has greatly improved forms handling. The software is definitely in growth mode resulting in new features and abilities. The number one feature I like is the ability to export any report and most data grids directly to excel. Overall I have more likes on were the software is going rather than were it is at today

The software is not at all user friendly. Little if any documentation on how to use the product. Education is available but pricey. Support system is totally ineffectual and support personal are lacking in basic knowledge. Company has built many silos and employees do not have the ability to see across those barriers. The online support system called Epicare has added a layer of difficulty in that you cannot speak with an employee to explain an issue. The online submission is often limited to drop down selections that have nothing to do with the problem. The helpful tips you are given when submitting a case are almost always way off topic and of no use.

Colin
  • Branche: Landwirtschaft
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Do not buy this program!!!!!

Bewertet am 24.5.2017

My company thought we were moving up in the world. Our last system only did half what we needed and had a lot of bugs, but it was cheap. The sales team at Epicor really sold us on what this will do, told me I would not spend nearly as much time in the office and could be out running my company more. HA! I spend 3 times as much time in the office and still can't work this program half the time despite months of expensive training. And this program doesn't do half what the sales team said. We used to have hand written invoices we manually entered into QuickBooks. I would take that again over Epicor in a heartbeat. I don't even want my money back. I just want to convince my business partners to ditch this mistake! I wish I read more reviews. I have never reviewed ANYTHING online before but I had to for this.

Written for hardware stores.
Sales people really do their job well.

I am not a hardware store. This program is a nightmare. If you make a mistake be prepared to spend hours fixing it. Epicor's own help pages have fixes that do not exist in the program. This program has been overwritten so many times it makes no sense to use. Not at all intuitive. Incredibly expensive monthly support for absolute garbage!

• Branche: Metallabbau

Lots of customizations required

Bewertet am 5.12.2018

Overall, the software works as intended. If an issue comes up, it’s generally an easy fix even if it does take a bit of time. Much of what we do as a company can sometime require us to have to dig around in the system to find the information we need but the good thing is that Epicor allows for that digging thru it’s search fields.

The very thing that kind of sucks about this software is also the thing that makes it “work” for our company. The ability to customize the software for our day to day business needs is awesome.

Unfortunately, those customizations make fixing things a little more difficult than if we were able to use the software “out of the box.” Having developers in a different country also prohibits and lengthens “fix time” due to time difference.

• Branche: Einzelhandel
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Epicor ERP

Bewertet am 13.5.2021

Good experience but I can be better, if you have a midsize company is a good option

It's easy to implement and if you have an .NET team the knowledge curve is low and you can customize the modules by yourself

CRM is not good, also the web version has so much problems when we compare to other competitors

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

Dynamics 365

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Kinetic

Cost and hardware infrastructure

Antwort von Epicor Software

Hi there, thank you for your feedback about Epicor ERP. We're glad to hear you've found it easy to customize and would like to learn more re: your experience of the CRM. Your feedback is invaluable. Please email us at customerreferences@epicor.com

Robert
Robert
  • Branche: Computer-Software
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Epicor ERP Software Review

Bewertet am 22.10.2018

Very versatile software that can be adapted to fit any business needs. I have been a Senior Consultant for Epicor and also an end user for a total of 15 years in all functional areas.

Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Robert W F Krause
Epicor/ERP/Consulting
Krause Consultants
Cell: 516.983.8095
Email: rkrause@krauseconsultants.com

The software is very complex and requires some initial training to use it effectively.

• Branche: Computer-Hardware

Not a great CRM

Bewertet am 4.7.2020

Has scope for customisation and works well when used as an ERP

When used as a CRM, the software is very slow
Requires technical knowledge and a lot of development time to make changes (create views, reports, etc)

Antwort von Epicor Software

Hi, thank you for your feedback about Epicor ERP. Your feedback is invaluable to us. We would like to learn more about the performance issues you are experiencing so we can deliver a solution quickly. Please email us at socialmedia@epicor.com with your contact information so we can assist you.

Eric
Eric

Very customisable ERP

Bewertet am 3.1.2019

This ERP is very customisable. You can change the behavior of the software with it's DATA DIRECTIVE, METHODE DIRECTIVE. You can change the look and feel of every screen with it's internal .NET engine.

It is slow... You will need a very fast server.
The query engine (BAQ) is very limited with Epicor 9 but I heard it's better with Epicor 10.
If you made a lot of customisation, the upgrades will be difficult.

David
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Broad functionality that comes with a price

Bewertet am 3.11.2016

We use Epicor to run a $5M machining business. The software allowed us to do almost everything we wanted with the exception of scheduling each machine accurately. While the software has a powerful scheduling module, because many of our parts were processed on more than one machine, we were not able to accurately reflect our actual process in their scheduling module. Standard reports were also lacking so we used Crystal Reports and created custom reports on a regular basis. The ability to easily create dashboards was great and allowed us to create screens that showed specific metrics that we wanted to monitor. Shop floor access was acceptable - allowing workers to log into/out of jobs, clock in/out, etc. on a daily basis. Overall a good package that can easily grow with a small company.

Ability to create custom 'dashboard' screens to see things that we want to monitor.
Extensive functionality for small to medium sized manufacturing companies.
Good shop floor usability.
Job costing provided real times access to allow you to monitor costs and flag overages.

Standard reports were ok but not great.
Scheduling module was not adaptable to our process - would have required some modifications that we did not want to spend the money to make.

Allan

Implementation is a challenge

Bewertet am 12.10.2017

Consolidation program / process in Epicor still not working right after promises to be better in version 10.1. Excel Connect, as reporting tool, works well but lacks proper security capabilities.

Very configurable software which is both good and bad. Software has a lot of capability to flex to our needs.

Support and training for implementation was very poor, we kicked out 3 different consultants before we found one that could understand our needs and work with us. The initial assessment program by Epicor was a waste of time and money. The program management at Epicor also did not add much for the cost.

Alan

Overall great experience it in terms of scalability, customization, and providing business...

Bewertet am 7.3.2018

I learned how to create SSRS reports. I learned how to customize different menu items using the wide variety of customization tools. I learned how to query data and transform them in many different ways to present accurate reports. I learned how to use the many menu items and modify them to our business needs. I learned how to develop business process flows for our company to reference whether it's entering an order, tracking an order, creating a job, etc. I learned how to troubleshoot errors that arise. I learned how to identify what causes errors within the software. I learned how to map out what what each menu item is used for. Overall it is a great learning experience and there is much more to learn from this software and I am grateful for having to work with this software.

I mostly like the ease of use of this software. Data entry and Data queries are easy to do with the many screens provided in this software. One thing to mention is the powerful search function to find different screens, displays their path within this software so that is also a big plus. Another positive is the overall navigation of this software with the different modules feels natural because of the 'tree view' option for the menu items. The different maintenance screens are set up pretty nicely and can be customized depending on what type of SaaS option you have so that is great as well. I also really like the security settings I can adjust to prevent users from accessing certain screens or hiding certain fields from them. One final mention for this section would have to be the SSRS integration. I design lots of reports and it is extremely easy to pull data into an SSRS report and present them how I want it.

Of all the pros that I have listed in the previous section, there are some cons to mention as well. One mention that I like least about this software is the optimization of this software. Many screens take at least 2 minute to open and that is with the recommended hardware specs provided. Another mention is that the PDF reports take at least 2 minute or more to view. I know that the reports are server side and I don't know the process flow of it but it would be nice to click the print preview button and 3 seconds later, have the report show.

Lorena
  • Branche: Landwirtschaft
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

A very powerful tool for manufacturing companies - but customer support could be better

Bewertet am 10.8.2018

I believe Epicor is an excellent tool for manufacturing. I can not give it 5 starts really because of the time it takes to get an issue solved once it's placed with customer support. They have however, improved in the last couple of years now that they started using an online ticketing system, which seems to run a lot better now. Its reporting capabilities are amazing, for any module in the ERP. I do believe the experience is better for customers in the Americas than in other parts of the world, since there are a lot more experts, consultants, users, etc. in the States and Latin America than I've seen in Asia or Europe. The implementation is complex, so being paired with the right consultants can make it or break it - it really is a very good software!

- very powerful and thorough functionalities for all manufacturing operations
- extremely good costing capabilities (all financial features are quite good, actually)
- can be customized to a great extent
- many tools for reporting and data analysis
- integrates with tools such as MES, bar code reader, is ready for EDI

- it's a bit more slow that I wish it were
- customer support is very bureaucratic, it takes from a couple of days to weeks to get any issue solved (to be fair, they do solve them)
- learning curve is steep. It's not that easy to use so people who are not tech-savy get a bit intimidated by this tool
- instruction manuals and help menu are only available in English

Dawn
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management

Great for Manufacturing Plants

Bewertet am 8.8.2019

The business problems we solved are more up-to-date inventory management system and the ability to make last-minute changes from customers without re-creating orders.

I like the flexibility to customize the software to fit your business. There are many features which can be incredibly useful. The fact that it is Windows-based is a plus fo our antiquated facility.

The one con I have about this software is the price. I like that we can find status updates in real-time on orders or inventory; however, to get this feature you have to pay even more money.

Antwort von Epicor Software

Hi Dawn, thank you for your feedback about Epicor ERP. We're glad to hear the flexibility and ability to customize is so useful. Your feedback is invaluable. Please email us at customerreferences@epicor.com to share additional comments and learn about our customer reference program.

robert
  • Branche: Öl & Energie

Great ERP

Bewertet am 30.4.2020

It has been great we have found errors in our engineering program and saved a great deal of money. It has allowed us to have all of the different departments all in one ERP.

It has truly helped the company grow and able to analyze what works and what isn't. Purchasing and Project Management is simple and straightforward.

It isn't aesthetically pleasing and I have noticed many users like it to be sleek..

Antwort von Epicor Software

Hi Robert, thank you so much for your review of Epicor ERP. We're pleased to hear it has helped you identify areas of improvement in your organization. Your feedback is invaluable. Please email us at customerreferences@epicor.com to share additional comments and learn about our customer reference program.

Sheri

The experience has been good, the software seems to be working as desired.

Bewertet am 6.3.2018

The ease in which most parameters are set in the part entry screen. The forecast module seems to be performing as desired, offering consumed quantities for easier visibility. MRP plans unfirmed jobs which make sense between planned jobs and firmed jobs. They are distinguished very well, giving the user a sense of clearness. The site maintenance screen allows the user to set up the prefix for the MRP unfirmed orders which is nice and clear to see upfront in identifying MRP unfirmed jobs.. It is also nice to have a time fence parameter in the part master where no jobs can plan within that time fence.

It is often no intuitive, making it hard to figure out why MRP suggested something that did not make sense.

Richard
  • Branche: Konsumgüter

Good Software. Mediocre Support

Bewertet am 14.6.2017

The software interface resembles a Microsoft product which helps end users pick up the basics of navigation.
Epicor 10.1 represents a significant improvement over legacy versions of the software and performance is much better.

Support is poor. First line support team members are really just called takers and it is difficult to get to someone who actually knows the software and who might be able to assist you with the problem you are experiencing. Most times, it seems like the first line support tech's job is to find out if you have customized the software so that they can use that as a reason not to provide support, which is frustrating since the Epicor sales pitch emphasizes ease of customization.

Ross
  • Branche: Fluggesellschaften/Luftfahrt
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Epicor is amazing for tracking production details

Bewertet am 3.10.2019

Epicor has been a blessing with customer support, as it helps us track every aspect of a parts creation.

I frequently use this program to track historical product records. I can pull a full production detail report, to see each and every operation a part has gone through.

Sometimes, the reporting feature takes awhile to pull the report. This is only the case for very large reports however!

Hi Ross,
Thank you for your feedback about Epicor ERP. We're glad to hear the production tracking is working well for you. Your feedback is invaluable. Please email us at customerreferences@epicor.com to share additional comments and learn about our customer reference program.Many thanks.

Nicole
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste

Great if you are a potential new customer, not so great after

Bewertet am 12.9.2016

We went from a manmade access system to this ERP system being our first. I enjoyed the easy click through menu options and ability to customize the forms to our liking. We have a unique business that would not fit an out of the box capability.

Reporting is not easy in this system. Almost everything has to be customizable and it created many years worth of problems trying to build this system without a strong support team. We have been trying for over a year to get our rep to give us pricing on licenses as we have grown and would like to expand in this area. We cannot get responses from the website support, our rep, or anything. Once you become a customer, you are abandoned, and left with very little support. this was not ideal as we developed how we wanted to use an ERP system and what the system could really do. We have spent 100s of thousands with other consulting companies to try to build the system, all while paying for the support and maintenance without any support.

Harry
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Epicor provides a robust modular ERP that allows us buy and expand the system as our company...

Bewertet am 14.6.2017

The software tracks and reports on our production and performance. Integration across modules allows adjustments in one module to be appropriately communicated across the system.

The ERP allows us to create dashboards to track company performance, includes good documentation and built in help (application level or field level), and we have access to a great user group to help us explore new modules before we buy and implement them.

There are inconsistencies between modules or menus that are not intuitive. Support is expensive and oftentimes unresponsive.

Daniel
  • Branche: Industrieautomation

Epicor

Bewertet am 9.4.2020

We use a ton of customizations and personalization. The ability to do so is awesome!

We are a job shop, non-stock parts with many only being built once. Epicor 10 is more geared towards stock jobs and continued quantities

Antwort von Epicor Software

Hi Daniel, thank you for your feedback about Epicor ERP. We're glad to hear the customization functionality is working well for you. Your feedback is invaluable. Please email us at customerreferences@epicor.com to share additional comments and learn about our customer reference program.

Chris

Everything in one package

Bewertet am 14.3.2017

Been working with Epicor since 2005 and they have been making great strides to make the software more efficient, easier to update, and constantly adding new functionality to make it a real value! If you don't need all the modules, just purchase the ones you need and add on at anytime, perfect for the growing business

Easy to update and use, navigation by pc or tablet makes it a portable solution on the shop floor as needed

Some features are connected to others so to track labor you need to purchase payroll, even if you don't use payroll in Epicor

Steven

Snap Shot of EPICOR from USER

Bewertet am 24.4.2020

GOOD +

GOOD +

It was easy to learn for me - Been a user for 5 years

I have no issues with this software.
I cant think of anything I dont like after 5 years of being a user.

Antwort von Epicor Software

Hi Steven, thank you for your feedback about Epicor ERP. We're glad to hear it is working well for you and you've found it intuitive. Your feedback is invaluable. Please email us at customerreferences@epicor.com to share additional comments and learn about our customer reference program.

luke
  • Branche: Metallabbau
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Good, but needs some improvement

Bewertet am 13.6.2017

I like how you are able to customize things to the aspect of your company. The ability to make things unique to your own is a great feature. It's great for tracking inventory too.

There is always a problem with any update that happens. I do not like the ticket process because it takes forever to get a response and most times the problem could be solved in a few minutes instead of being dragged out for a few weeks.

Judy

Very Labor intensive

none

none

Really, nothing!. A lot more work with very little better results, I see no great improvement at all. I feel that you changed thing to benefit a few user but not the majority of us

Not as easy to use as 8 was a lot more labor intensive
Can't change a conversion factor if it was entered incorrectly. You could in 8
Less bang for the buck in my opinion. Since going to 10 we are not even using the scheduling as we should be

Antwort von Epicor Software

Hi Judy, Thank you for your response, we value your feedback. We are working with our team to contact you for follow up.

Diego
  • Branche: Konsumgüter
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

I work with EPICOR everyday.

Bewertet am 7.3.2018

One central source of information for the entire company. The flexibility to create reports that are specific for the business and to export information to another tools make my daily job easier.

It's very easy to learn and it's very flexible. Once you are familiar with the interface it's easy to navigate and find the way to get the job done. Exporting information to another tools is easy and useful.

Impossible to drag and drop... I'm lazy! Seriously, there are some features that I would like to have like create templates for common daily tasks.