Mend

Intuitive Software

Bewertet am 21.7.2021

Overall positive

Overall positive

I've been using Mend software several times in the past year for telemedicine and it has been simple, easy to use and fully functional. Have no problems with this

No cons to note. Software works well and is intuitive

Abbie
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

A Telehealth Video Visit platform that works!

Bewertet am 29.9.2020

Implementing Mend has been a huge win for our organization, which was struggling with another telehealth platform during the peak of the COVID shutdowns. Mend has been easy for providers and patients to use, making healthcare more accessible, and the service we've received from Mend leadership has been exceptional. We're very happy with our experience!

Mend is easy for our patients to access, and the Instant Virtual Exam Room function makes it so simple to get a visit link to our patients or their caregivers. In just the few months that we've been using the software, Mend has pushed out several helpful enhancements, like connectivity logging, so we can easily see whether connection issues are on a patient side or our side, and improved Group Visit functionality. Their live chat support model has been fantastic!

There are a few things we wish were customizable to our organization, that aren't, like the content of certain messages that patients receive, and some demographic fields. We wish it was easier to invite third parties to a video visit further in advance of the visit.

Webex, Zoom und BlueJeans Meetings

Warum Mend gewählt wurde

Previous platform had serious tech infrastructure issues, resulting in numerous unplanned downtimes. Poor vendor communication and inability to meet our business requirements in a timely fashion.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Mend

Mend was designed as a Telehealth platform from the start and felt more appropriate to use in healthcare. They offered live chat support for our staff as well as our patients, which no other platform offered, and they touted an incredibly high connection success rate.
Rachel

Mixed Feelings- Healthcare

Bewertet am 24.9.2020

We do love our direct customer support rep, but several issues we've had to escalate beyond them have not had a valid response from management. Those include HIPAA issues, state and federal telehealth regulations, business associates agreement concerns, etc. Major compliance (healthcare) issues with this product were not taken seriously. Concerned upper management does not understand relevant regulatory governance enough to ensure product is, and remains, in compliance. If NOT using for healthcare, then it's not a concern as this product works as described and meets needs for non-healthcare organizations.

End-user experience is great, first level customer support is also wonderful. Meets many of our basic needs and offers a lot more flexibility than other products we've used (of same type). Mend tech team wonderful at making changes as we request them and finding solutions for alternate workflows. Great implementation process.

Major healthcare compliance concerns and as an organization, we've had to do much of the groundwork to both identify and push to resolve, including educate vendor on why it was a concern. We discovered very serious flaws in patient consent process that indicate Mend does not actually meet multiple federal standards (HIPAA, CMS Regs, and UETA, E-Sign Act) in this area, despite their contract and all business materials clearly stating they do. We brought this to their attention immediately (Feb 2020) and have had a very frustrating path to resolution and are not entirely sure it's resolved still (Sept 2020). Multiple attempts to get, in writing, explanation of issue and resolution (to support our organization as we are liable for this issue in any audit) with no response at all. Very poor communication re: resolving and not much accountability.

In addition, reporting functionality is lacking. Only very basic reports can be obtained.

Zoom Events and Webinars

Warum Mend gewählt wurde

Better scheduling and EPM options with Mend. Needed more flexibility.

Zuvor genutzte Software

WeCounsel

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Mend

The practice management/ front office features.
  • Branche: Hochschulbildung
  • Täglich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

Easy to register

Bewertet am 19.12.2023

Scheduling telemedicine was easy and the video conference went well.

There wasn’t anything I didn’t like about mend.

LaKeetra
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Mend has been excellent for our outpatient mental health practice

Bewertet am 22.11.2021

The program has been easy to implement and use. We appreciate all of the data for the visits so that we can easily document our video sessions in the event of an audit.

The program has been great, but has a high up-front cost which could be prohibitive for some. Monthly or quarterly billing could facilitate use.

Zoom

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Mend

The data recorded for visits (connection time, signal reports, etc), easy connection to customer service when needed
Lacey
Lacey
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Terrible Experience so far!!!!

Bewertet am 5.2.2019

Terrible. Worst system I have ever used. Very frustrating to work with the mend team and the software. Extremely slow and slows down my whole day having to wait for the system to load.

There is nothing much to like. The system and terribly slow and there are a lot of errors that we keep having that the IT team is not fixing or attempts to fix but never solves the issue completely.

1. Runs extremely slow no matter what wifi connection I am using, or what I am trying to do in the system. Everything is so slow. Most definitely a system error not a connection error.
2. Many features do not work properly. Example: Rebooking option does not rebook patients for the correct time slot. Another example is when I added a credit card to a new patient that I added to the system and scheduled, then I went to check out a completely different patient and the new credit card I entered was linked to the established patients account.
3. Customer service/ IT. Customer services responds back to our requests quickly but nothing is ever solved. If the IT team "solves" an issue we are having it may work one time then will go back to not working properly.. Just like the rebook option. Our company has had many requests to change things up in the system and nothing has been done yet

Antwort von Mend VIP

Thank you for your feedback. We will follow up and see if we can make further adjustments to assist.

It is worth noting that during your implementation your scheduling product went out of business. We do not offer Mend as a practice management scheduling system.

This review describes an off label use of our product where all the pros and cons were discussed in advance. The way the product is used in this scenario is not something that we actually market and sell.

Brandon
  • Branche: Sport

Amazing and Wonderful

Bewertet am 13.2.2024

Easy and streamlined, Tillie was very professional and super helpful.

Easy and streamlined, Tillie was very professional and super helpful.

Tillie was very pleasant and personable. Very helpful and compassionate.

Nothing in particular really comes to mind

Jeremiah
  • Branche: Versicherung
  • Monatlich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

Great work on this app

Bewertet am 19.2.2024

Amazing and very very easy to use. I enjoyed so the functions.

The survey has too many questions and the definition of ‘High’ or ‘Critical’ is confusing.

Jacqueline
  • Branche: Staatsverwaltung

Great Experience

Bewertet am 4.3.2024

Convenience was a major point for me being I don't currently have a car.

There was not anything I did not like. All was well.

Scott
  • Branche: Architektur & Planung

Scott Davis review

Bewertet am 14.3.2024

Easy to access and used. There were no glitches

Image for a third attendee was dark, therefore not a consistent image quality.

Karissa
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

The best option for my needs

Bewertet am 24.9.2020

Mend is the best platform available for my needs (I've tested Doxy and zoom as well). Most of the "cons" I've experienced are works in progress at Mend. The Mend team is always working to improve and update the platform. I'm excited to see what else they have in store.

1. Clients do not have to download software. 2. Scheduling appointments with automatic reminders. 3. Alerts when the client signs in for the appointment. 4. Very few audio / visual challenges. 5. Excellent customer service. 6. Mend shows you the strength of both your internet connection and your clients internet connection. 7. When clients join a session, clients must enter same dob as I have listed in their chart before being allowed into the waiting room.

1. Clients can't sign on without an appointment (like with Doxy) 2. No virtual background option (like with zoom) 3. I wish the settings (mine and what I set for the clients) had more detailed options. 4. I wish I knew the details of what / when Mend sent clients reminders or alerts. For example, I didn't know until clients told me that Mend was sending them daily reminders to test their speed. 5. The platform seems to use more bandwidth than other hipaa compliant platforms as evidenced by increased lagging or delays. 6. No way to hide the thumbnail picture of myself (or for the client to hide their thumbnail image). 7. Clients must be over 18. 8. Mend notifies me at the time of the appointment if the client is in the waiting room. I wish Mend notified me when the client joined regardless of whether they are early, on time, or late. 9. The notifications don't always come to me. 10. It's not always easy to tell if a client is waiting (EG. Their appointment doesn't turn green without refreshing the page).

SUSAN

Mend review

Bewertet am 24.9.2020

I will definitely not recommend this product, there are many on the market that are much more user friendly and easier to use.

It is very simple to set up the template.

The problem is that it is very archaic. The features are very non user friendly. It is difficult to navigate to find a patient, its almost working backwards, instead of present time onwards, its completely backwards. When you are searching for a patient on the schedule, they no longer appear on the list view of the schedule.

Antwort von Mend VIP

Susan, thank you for your feedback, we appreciate it. You can find things very quickly in Mend. The appointment booking flow starts by searching for a patient. The calendar view allows you to filter and start with availability. Throughout Mend if you locate a patient or an appointment, the Actions menu contains shortcuts to book new appointments or modify appointments. We have Ad-hoc and Instant workflows that require very little effort to make visit happen now or schedule them with lightning speed. The Appointment page allows you to search and locate historical using all kind of patient and appointment data. Finally, we offer the ability to import patients and appointment, setup full bi-directional integration with the EHR/PMS, or even launch patient self-scheduling.

Since you had to launch rather quickly, I will have someone follow up to assist.

Rori

Mend Review

Bewertet am 24.9.2020

Overall, good, but some recent changes, I do not appreciate.

Overall, good, but some recent changes, I do not appreciate.

Once you learn the steps for entering a patient, scheduling, the system is fairly easy to use and is reliable, for the most part.

Some clients complain about being able to get on, especially if using their cell phone. Logging on difficulties and occasional difficulties in being able to stay on for an hour are common complaints. I do not like that the cell phone icon was recently moved into a different location, and if it is used to remind a client of their appointment, you can't use it again as it does not populate the phone number. You have to go back to find their phone number. I don't like that change, at all. While it is fairly easy to schedule appointments, multiple steps are needed, such as needing to enter the session length and the provider every time you schedule. If we schedule multiple appointments at a time, streamlining this process would help so that multiple clicks are not necessary.

Linnette
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

User Friendly

Bewertet am 5.2.2019

AS I mention before I really love the customer service, I had brought an issue before to them and within days it was resolve making my experience better than before.

Mend is very easy to use and it has an amazing customer service. I have ask questions and ask for the Mend team to help me and they have always been quick to respond and help me with whatever issue I might have.

I wish there was a way for the clients to be prompt to make their own payments, by inputting their credit or debit cards themselves and if the card is declined then they couldn't proceed to their appointment. However I understand that the Mend team works everyday to improved their software.

Antwort von Mend VIP

Thank you for the review, we really appreciate it. We can collect the payment during the appointment booking process. We will follow up to gather your feedback and discuss possible options.

2/14/19 - We talked to Linnette and we had the ability to solve the payment problem with our digital forms and come up with a much better workflow to solve the payment issue.

Adam

Mend Rweview

Bewertet am 29.9.2020

It has been an okay experience. It is not my first choice of use as the redundancy is annoying to me. But I do like the messaging system that is in place that lets people know when someone is in the session.

I like that the software lets people know when someone has started a session. I like that you can communicate through the system with messages if there are issues with the audio.

I don't like how complex it is to put clients into the calendar. It is very repetitive and monotonous.

Antwort von Mend VIP

Adam, let's set up an integration or we can bulk import patients into Mend. We also have simple one-page booking in the calendar view or instant virtual exam rooms that only need an email or mobile number to set an appointment. We have so many options available for you. I will have someone follow up.

In terms of the alerts, we have a new user-friendly alert tool launching this month so you can control the alerts you receive.

I hope this addresses your feedback, which we are so grateful for. When we have fully addressed your cons, please consider emailing reviews@capterra.com and increasing our ratings. Appreciate you!

Carlota
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Commodity in pandemic time

Bewertet am 22.7.2021

Having a Telehealth appointment is like being at the clinic.

Having a Telehealth appointment is like being at the clinic.

Regarding the pandemic situation, this is the best option for having an appointment with a Medical Doctor.

Some patients doesn't have high speed internet and they can't use this software

Antwort von Mend VIP

We really appreciate the review! Mend continues to drive towards requiring the least amount of bandwidth in the industry. Mend now supports connections as low as 20-30k per second for both audio and video. At those speeds, 3G Internet and some 2G cellular Internet connections are now possible!

Mend is also releasing a Call Patient phone backup in every visit. Releasing in Sept., 2021 any provider will have the option to place a phone call to the patient's phone number on file from within a Mend video visit.

The most productive Telehealth programs in the country run on Mend. Mend helps practices all over the country see more patients!

Chantel
  • Branche: Medizinische Praxis

Easy to use!!!

Bewertet am 5.8.2022

Overall, the system is easy to use and very convenient

Overall, the system is easy to use and very convenient

I like being able to reach out to the patients through the system. Being able to send text messages through the system almost guarantees the patient will call us back

Keeping track of the outreach is a bit difficult. Previously, I was trying to find further details on a message I had sent to one of our patients. After speaking with customer service, I learned that the system does not keep track of the messages we send out, only if I could provide a phone number attached to the patient I'm looking for. This didn't help my issue of figuring out which patient I was looking for or keeping track of all the messages I send out.

michelle
  • Branche: Personalwesen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Moderately Satisfied

Bewertet am 29.9.2020

It seems like it serves its purpose. I don't love or hate it, it's neutral. It's fairly easy to get clients entered into the system and the layout seems user friendly.

The lag times when scheduling available times and being able to fill them. Same with entering client information and being able to find that client right after entering them. Seems like there's a lag. I also have seen several clients struggle to get it to work, though that could be their devices/connections. But seems like I have little glitches sometimes as well.

Antwort von Mend VIP

Thank you for the review. This is Matt McBride, CEO of Mend. We want you to love using Mend. Please contact me directly so I can understand more on how we can make the system even easier for you.

You should not be experiencing a lag of any kind. We can resolve that right away.

My email is matt@mend.com. Please email me as I would like to help and learn more about how to get better.

• Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Simple interface but some adjustment with more complicated functions

Bewertet am 5.4.2019

I used Mend to work with my clients in scheduling appointments and managing my own billing. It was great for simpler messaging, but a little more difficult when insurance arrangements were complicated. Overall it was a good experience.

I like the ease of scheduling and sending information to clients. I can see quickly who is having trouble attending appointments and integrating that with my own billing management.

Some of my clients still have some trouble understanding the software, and I've had to spend some time explaining it to them instead of being able to look it up themselves.

Antwort von Mend VIP

If you direct your patients to our Help button, we respond within 20 seconds and we can help your patients with their first use so you don't have to spend time on that.

Also, if you're using our digital forms, why not have a training form to set expectations? You could inform them of policies, include FAQs, discuss any technology, etc.

Thank you for the review!

Elizabeth

Didn't hold up

Bewertet am 24.9.2020

MEND has disrupted important communication and I do not recommend it.

MEND has disrupted important communication and I do not recommend it.

Patients say it is easy to use. They have said they can connect from the links.

Frequent drop outs during sessions. Often have to switch to a different platform due to poor performance.

Antwort von Mend VIP

Elizabeth, thank you for the feedback here. We have several options to improve connectivity. Some of the options are as follows: App, Appless, low resource mode, network, firewall, VPN testing, proactive monitoring, and more.

We are also the only platform that tracks connectivity data. If you do ever experience an issue in a session, you can go into the Actions menu and review the connection details for the entire session.

Lastly, we have a new dialer feature that allows you to connect an unlimited number of phone numbers. This is a fallback option if the patient is unable to connect to video.

I'll have some reach out and correct this for you right away.

Vicki

MEND SOFTWARE REVIEW

Bewertet am 13.2.2019

Overall it has been helpful to see clients who are unable to be seen in persons.

I like the new telehealth platform for viewing/seeing/meeting with clients

I like the new virtual waiting room

The software is often slow, and takes several seconds to switch between screens (such as when rescheduling with patient while he/she is still online)

As well during this interaction it is very hard to tell what is a block or what is an actual appt.

Because my organization uses 2platfirms advanced MD and MEND, I often have to look between the 2 calendars which is time consuming. It would be nice if it were more seamless

Antwort von Mend VIP

Great feedback, appreciate it. Your implementation has a bi-directional interface. You can drop the appointment in Mend or AMD and it shows up in the other system in real-time. We'll follow up and address your concerns.

Lisa
  • Branche: Einzelhandel
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Balancing Work and life during challenges

Bewertet am 5.10.2023

My overall experience with Mend has been professional and progressive and positive. I would call my friends to use Mend. Mend has helped me get my life back in order and has been a beneficial factor in my mental health progressiveness.

I have connection with counselors and doctors that I do need to see it is detrimental that I see you my doctors on time for therapy and psychotherapy and medication management to regularly save my emotional, psychological, and outright life.

If party on the other line is going to be late there should be a cartoon or something so the patient on the other line would know that they're coming and just haven't forgot about you.

Erica

Enjoyable Service

Bewertet am 25.5.2021

I have really enjoyed Mend for the most part. It has made it great to connect with people no matter their location.

I enjoy being able to connect with other people from all over. It has a lot of features that make it easy to use.

Sometimes it is hard to connect to the video. or the quality of the video is not good.

Antwort von Mend VIP

Thank you so much for your review! We actually just met this week with someone from your organization as we have new configurations not being leveraged to improve video connectivity. Once implemented, we should see improvements.

Video connectivity primarily involves Internet connection bandwidth. However, we're working very hard to maintain video connections even when bandwidth is poor.

We also have audio fallback and in visit dialer that can be used as a fallback option.

Thanks again for the review!!

Shampa

Very easy to use

Bewertet am 18.5.2021

So far the experience has been great and I enjoy meeting with my clients from home.

I like this platform. I am able to communicate with my clients and send them information. I would like to see an easier way to share my desktop for doing worksheets and activities and also see myself during the session. The method to upload information is easy as well.

I think it would be helpful to see if the client has another appointment coming up and being able to see that on the homepage would help so I don't create a conflicting appointment.

Katie
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Mend for psychological services

Bewertet am 21.6.2022

Mend was the perfect software in our time of need. As Mental health clinicians who use many documents to engage our clients with, in conjunction for the need of confidential telehealth services- Mend did the job. It has various features such as document. filing, document sharing, recording for training purposes, HIPAA compliant usage, appointment reminders, etc.

At times it felt a little less intuitive than I would've liked, particularly when downloading patient documents. That could just be the nature of the services that we used it for, as there may be no good way to download documents without it being somewhat of a hassle. Also, at times the patient would receive multiple links to their appointments that got confusing because we booked them in advance. However if they logged into the portal, they could click by date.