Productboard Erfahrungen

Ryan
Ryan
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Excellent product for managing large amounts of feedback into a concise roadmap

Bewertet am 4.7.2019

So easy to record feedback through email, chrome, intercom, slack and many more integrations
Easy to use inbox for running through this feedback and matching it up with your roadmap
The look and feel of the site is excellent
Customer support is quick and very helpful
Excellent community including a slack channel with helpful tips, articles etc.
Portal is an excellent idea and great for engaging users and displaying the roadmap to prospective enterprise customers

I have been a customer for a while now and have had issues sharing the roadmap view with CEO/Investors etc. and it is still not perfect but I can see where improvements are being made to work towards this.

Alex
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great for iterating on customer feedback

Bewertet am 1.8.2022

Productboard is a great tool for software companies looking to build a process around their customer feedback.

Productboard's insights are a great way to process customer feedback and group that feedback into actionable features for our engineering team. The user impact score helps us prioritize this feedback based on needs, and when a feature is complete we can circle back to the insights and see everyone who requested the feature.

Sometimes the customization options can be overwhelming. It would be nice to have a templates feature that lets you reuse certain processes & functionality between views. I sometimes think I'm doing something the 'wrong' way because there are so many ways to accomplish it.

monday.com, Asana und Notion

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Productboard

Productboard had the best approach to high-level feature planning, and it has a clear process for managing customer feedback. The Azure Devops integration is a nice bonus.
Nathan
Nathan
  • Branche: Finanzdienstleistungen
  • Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

A great roadmapping and insight capture tool

Bewertet am 11.5.2023

I love the UI of the platform, the app feels modern and straightforward

The UX can be a little clunky, very easy to lose a feature and unable to search unless the term is exactly right

• Branche: Rechtsberatung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Life saver for product managers everywhere

Bewertet am 24.10.2019

Product board is an easily-navigable single source of truth for all product ideas along with a single source for all product feedback. Saves so much time and hassle for product managers whilst bringing together all stakeholders from around the business.

Can't really think of anything to be honest.

Craft.io

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Productboard

ProductBoard is flexible so I didn't feel locked into a specific workflow. I could make ProductBoard work for me.
Cody
  • Branche: Informationsdienst

Easy to use and helpful

Bewertet am 8.11.2019

We were able to use it to communicate with others and to organize our backlog. I love how feedback is tied to things we are working on or considering working on.

It has a good deal of flexibility and is easy to grasp.

It is not really meant for multiple teams. I am having a hard time figuring out how to manage several dev teams and their unique assignments and backlog.

Aha!

Warum Productboard gewählt wurde

Needed a more tailored solution

Zuvor genutzte Software

Smartsheet

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Productboard

Easier to use - Aha had more features and was the exact same price.
Tanya
  • Branche: Design
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Game changer

Bewertet am 6.11.2019

I love being able to see accurate customer data in relation to feature requests.

The flow from feature list to roadmap is clunky

Richard
Richard
  • Branche: Essen & Trinken

Lack of Reporting lets this Product Down

Bewertet am 12.10.2020

I have used Productboard in 2 companies now. The UI is a bit funny, but once you get used to it is intuitive enough. The limitations on reporting make it difficult to recommend.

Capturing feedback from external sources, prioritisation against company goals & objectives

Unfortunately, there is almost no reporting available. So although I can prioritise against company objectives, it is nearly impossible to report back on how much time and resource is allocated. I don't know how long features take to get released. Or to move from Long-term to short-term etc. I can't therefore set any metrics around speed of development, and can't report back to the board on where resources are being allocated. This makes the product useful for only half of my role.

Kyle
  • Branche: Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Best must have Product tool for companies

Bewertet am 20.11.2023

Overall phenomenal experience and has truly helped me grow as a product manager and helped me focus my time on the important things.

Love the roadmapping and the ability to assign releases, and status's and organize your product as you like, extremely flexible and useful tool

The way it sometimes integrates with other tools and updates the formatting of text, and the inability to correctly format words when pasting from a microsoft word document into the Productboard

Ozan
Ozan
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Great product roadmap planner that makes everything visible

Bewertet am 18.7.2019

Productboard is a very useful tool to make our relationships transparent with our stakeholders both inside and outside the company.

The Productboard has a beautiful interface design and is very easy to use. We can easily plan product roadmaps from general to the finest details.

Prioritization scores of product features are calculated automatically according to different parameters. Thus, we can clearly see which feature we should develop first.

User feedback and tools for collecting new ideas are also outdated and very useful. We can also include our users in our product development processes.

Using the Productboard first time it should be confusing to make a setup according to your needs, but when the system understood everything gets clear and runs smoothly.
Although it has very different layouts, you may not be able to create a layout for your specific needs.

Marcel
Marcel
  • Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

This product made me a better product manager.

Bewertet am 11.6.2018

As a CEO of an early stage company, I wear a lot of hats. I had to find a way to create really clear roadmaps for the team and change them as we itterate that was visual, easy an most importantly, fast. Productboard was everything I was looking for and so much more.

- The UI looks fantastic.
- There are views for every kind of roadmap discussion, whether that's sprints, waterfall, high level, releases. However you run development or create roadmaps, there's a view that supports the context of that conversation.
- Once you get an understanding of how it works, adding features and prioritizing/categorizing them is a breeze.
- The tools for prioritization and impact scoring are super easy and helpful.
- If you're like me and are a bit new to product management, the tool will actually make you better at your job and help you show up for the product team with the types of clear, visual roadmaps they need to get on board with vision.

I had a tiny bit of trouble getting a hang of the UI the first few hours. Which was frustrating at first, then I watched a few tutorials, got the hang of it, and was off to the races. Ultimately that's pretty good for a product that is as robust as this one. But do yourself a favor and watch some tutorials before you try to create your first roadmap.

Simon
  • Branche: Computer-Hardware
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

The end of feature spreadsheets and a great single source of truth!

Bewertet am 25.10.2019

The ability to link customer insights directly to the different pains and feature requests. Before Productboard much of the insights we had to go on when designing/developing solutions would be anecdotal evidence from the commercial team or the few interviews we could do with select customers. Now we have the ability to see customers' own words about their requests before we start building, without a huge effort to dig through various conversations in Intercom or our CRM.

An easy example was when I recently got a new PM joining my team. I pointed out a few of the requests that we're coming up a lot and asked him to do scoping + initial estimation on what the feature would require. Using the customer insights he could make a detailed description of the problem we needed to solve and how we could go about it. Another benefit is the more quantitative view of the most requested things, however the visualization of this is not great as I'd like to be able to better track and visualize the change in requests over time.

Last but not least it's good to help project manage the work of the PM team as we can more easily track the stages that a feature or pain is in and what more scoping we need to do before we involve other stakeholders from the product team.

There are some great missing pieces that would hugely improve the product, such as a CRM integrations, an API and a proper Zapier integration (in lack of the first two). Right now Productboard is valuable in itself, but it would extend the value so much further if we could properly link it to our other systems.

Marcin

Productboard - good "core" for the product management teat

Bewertet am 3.11.2023

- ability to gather, tag and process insights from both clients and internal staff
- semi automatic prioritization
- ability to create public roadmaps for clients without duplicating the inputs for them (however this is tricky, as it requires from you to keep internal notes very clean and "client ready")
- well working integration with jira (two way sync)

- To use it properly you must work using objectives, which for some features may be tricky
- the features dependencies are limited to "blocks / is blocked", misses quite important one "shall be developed in parallel with"
- jira integration is not visible from jira (when I browse jira project I don't know that certain task was linked with productboard)

Jessy
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

This is one of my favorite tool.

Bewertet am 24.4.2023

Productboard makes it simple for teams to review and plan improvements to their products in order to achieve the company's goals. It is simple to enter ideas, notes, and plans into the system, allowing teams to grow and move forward rather than simply thinking about what they should do. To begin, teams may just use the most important features of productboard, gradually incorporating more of it into their workflow. It's not difficult to get ideas and backlogs into productboard, and seeing the development may be gratifying.

At times, the quantity of customization choices offered might be daunting. It would be beneficial if there was a feature that allowed you to reuse specific processes and features across views. Because there are so many different ways to achieve everything, I frequently wonder if I'm doing it correctly.

Inga
  • Branche: Rundfunkmedien
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Constant feedback and feature management

Bewertet am 24.10.2019

I'm amazed by productboard UX that is totally covering the needs of PMs. And, eventually, the needs of the users. We can easily track all the insights and convert them to features. Amazing customer service btw.

Hm..have nothing bad to say about it. I'm using it around a year now and have never experienced any issue.

Angie
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Product-led platform, built for PMs

Bewertet am 30.11.2022

As PMs know, the key is getting lots of insights then filtering down into the ones that bring about actual value. Productboard enables everyone in the company to contribute ideas and insights. Once PMs have done prioritization, they can visualize the plan in multiple dynamic roadmap dashboards. Overall this works well as a product-focused tool which can also integrate with other systems.

Feature-wise it's still a bit sparse. From an insight perspective, it would be nice to add constraints or templates to help structure the feedback. This would help when pruning the backlog of items.

Miroslav
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Amazing helper for every organization1!

Bewertet am 24.10.2019

- central location for gathering all your product feedback from several locations
- easy collaboration with a team (e.g. comments)
- data driven decision support (e.g. user impact score, driver impact)
- roadmap preparation capabilities

There are definitely minor thing to improve, but nothing that would prevent us from using the tool efficiently. Really, we love using Product Board on a daily basis.

Victor
  • Branche: Gastgewerbe
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Our new product goldmine!

Bewertet am 6.7.2017

Better customer insights. Raw feedback that even developers can read about. Centralised team ideas.

We love using the feedback highlighter tool to link it to features and components, this is such a flawless function!
The custom views you can get on the different sections of the product really make our jobs easier.
You can really deep dive into your target groups preferences, understand the major needs and remove unnecessary noise. The progress of the features is easy to track and to share with stakeholders.

On Firefox, there is a very slow scrolling speed when all features are expanded, which can be frustrating. Also, the fact that there are only one-way integrations with Trello and Github makes us create many duplicate features.

Alejandro
  • Branche: Internet
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Great product and market leader for a reason

Bewertet am 10.11.2022

It's a very easy to use product while still providing very robust functionality

There have been some features that we've missed and some integrations that would help a lot with our specific workflow, like with Asana, for example.

Craft.io und Aha!
Tobias
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great for planning, prioritizing and communicating product development

Bewertet am 6.11.2019

Planning, prioritizing and communicating product development across many individual products / modules.

Higher level planning of product features with details in Jira. Ability to link stages (e.g. Design, Dev) to their individual Jira Epics. Communication of Roadmap and easier prioritization and capacity planning. Link customer feedback to Features.
Great and responsive customer support when it's needed.

Somewhat high price per admin user. We'd add more users at a different price point.

Gus
Gus
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Helps us organize our feedback and stay aligned

Bewertet am 25.10.2019

Productboard has been a game changer for both our roadmap and for capturing insights from across the business.

I love having the ability to categorize insights, assign them to users/companies, and attach them to features or ideas on the roadmap.

Having a dynamic roadmap that I can assign these insights to makes it incredibly easy to recognize areas of opportunity.

I would love some form of persona management, and a way to categorize insights and feedback by persona.

MELANIE

Intelligent + Intuitive

Bewertet am 15.10.2019

Love it. It's giving me an easy and centralized place to gather all the information about my product for the team and stakeholders, and creates a more streamlined way to plan our roadmap.

The way the software works is very intuitive for a Product Manager, and feels as if someone was inside my head when they built the software. It has smart features that accomplish things other products or spreadsheets never could. The ability to link and adjust different views for different audiences is very helpful. Insights tool is in and of itself valuable in linking different email chains or conversations to single features or requests.

Jira integration could use some work. It seems a bit too simple sometimes and I wish there were more fields that I could set in Productboar because it's not super seamless to push a ticket - always need to go into Jira and finish everything up.

Marina

Great software for Product Managers

Bewertet am 4.11.2019

The ability to organize and prioritize my product roadmap and its features with a great deal of customization and granularity. Product Board has been instrumental in achieving our business goals and detail our product roadmap every step of the way.

The cost per user is a bit high. Still has to work some UI issues that are detrimental to user experience.

• Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

This tool has quickly become integral to our product process.

Bewertet am 5.12.2017

We were able to set up a repeatable, teachable process for centralizing, processing, sharing, and incorporating feedback in order to make valuable evidence based product decisions.

The Insights section is the most efficient tool I have found for parsing feedback from all of the sources we have. From in-app feedback, internal feedback, to customer interviews, and field observation notes, we can capture it all in one place and take out actionable insights. We use this to build a case for evidence based product decisions that come from the voice of the customer.

We have a lot of data about our sources in SalesForce that we would like to use to help evaluate the feedback. We want to make sure that other attributes like Customer Success Score, NPS, and ARR are taken into account when weighing feature priority. A SalesForce integration would make that part of the app much more valuable.

Thomas
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Put in place our product management process and productBoard is a perfect fit!

Bewertet am 19.9.2017

It has helped us a lot driving our roadmap and is now mission critical.

It has helped us a lot driving our roadmap and is now mission critical.

The way it helps driving data driven product management, with really easy ways to collect the information and choose what to do ... plus the customer support is just amazing

Not working well on iPad ... but really that's all. Also a webhook and better zapier integration would help.

Jaskaran
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Most customizable solution we've tried

Bewertet am 25.10.2019

Productboard is customizable and has a lot of features built-in (Drivers, Objectives) to help you prioritize and plan effectively. It has a portal for intake and the ability to save views is helpful.

The integrations, especially to software development workflows, are limited (Github). It doesn't replace project planning/tracking software unfortunately.

ProductPlan und Roadmunk