Paychex Flex

4,2 (1.574)
Eine Bewertung schreiben
Lösungen für die Gehaltsabrechnung und Personalfragen.

(1.574)

Sortieren nach

Victoria
Victoria
  • Branche: Verbraucherdienste
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Great payroll and hr employer/employee program

Bewertet am 24.3.2023

Overall I've had no problems with paycheckflex really other than the direct deposit not transferring over from my job profiles but other than that it's been a really awesome experience it's been easy to use friendly and just great it's very useful and I do appreciate the software and I continue to use it to this day

On some pros are that it's easy to use the interface is set up really user friendly it's sectioned off and your different jobs you know your pay your schedule your onboarding your your stuff you need to complete for HR or assignments places to message people ask questions you can view when your check gets deposited or written how many hours you worked all sorts of things like that and your vacation time and it's just it's really easy and it makes my job easier and it makes knowing what I'm doing for other people who are using it easy and I get paid on time if not early actually for me not everybody does though and it's all right there like I can print off my w-2s I can print off my tax paperwork message my employers or employees and manage my benefits and everything it's a really great system.

Honestly the only thing I don't like is if you have multiple employers on there and you put in your direct deposit information for one it does not automatically carry over to another job if you have multiple jobs at the same time so there for a minute I was getting a hard check because I thought that that information that I just entered for a previous in my other employer that I'm still working would go through to my next account but it does not you have to manually re-enter that

Cody
  • Branche: Biotechnologie
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Great provider (unless your company is within 3 degrees of separation from cannabis)

Bewertet am 8.8.2023

It was great until it wasn't. Again, most of our essential services were terminated with only a 30-day notice, and their proposed solution was a handful of complicated workarounds while maintaining our current price, so we were pushed into fast-paced negotiations with alternative vendors.While we used it, though, it was a nice service, particularly the portal itself. Their interface is speedy and well-designed, and while there isn't much in the way of "customer success training" to help figure out exactly how to use it, it's very intuitive once you spend a few months with it figuring out how all the different pieces fit together.Bottom line, the system itself works very well, but don't lean too hard on the parts that involve human beings doing things & making decisions.

For what we paid, everything worked REALLY well. It met our needs & made payroll a simple and consistent process, which left more time to work on more operations-focused processes. Paychex offered multiple tiers of service & an array of useful add-ons which come together to provide a rich suite of functions for organizations of nearly any size.

After more than a year of quality service, they kicked us off all our electronic services with only a 30-day notice because we were a "cannabis business", which was not strictly true -- we weren't buying or selling marijuana, but rather a lab performing state-mandated compliance testing. We lost direct deposit, TaxPay, etc., but they wanted to continue charging us the same contract price despite massive loss of service.Customer support was variable quality--we were paying for the tier which included ongoing dedicated support, but our rep changed multiple times over the course of a year, usually without any kind of warning--often we wouldn't find out until we emailed in about something to find they'd been moved to a different department.

Eva
  • Branche: Logistik & Lieferkette
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

PREVIEW was a great payroll work horse. But beware, FLEX Payroll is no PREVIEW.

Bewertet am 19.10.2016

We've been on Paychex PREVIEW payroll software for 16 years. It was a solid no non-sense payroll processing work horse which came with everything you'd ever need to process payroll for 100+ employees in a very quick and efficient manner. PREVIEW software was extremely well designed and well thought out. The developers took the perspective of payroll processing users and provided all the navigation speed, functionalities and reports that we'd ever find useful or need to do our jobs quickly and efficiently. There were hardly any unnecessary clicks, keystrokes or scrolling to speak of. It exceeded my expectation all these years. Paychex's golden era and reputation as payroll processing leader was probably due to these sensible legacy products.

Like all good things which must come to an end, we were switched to FLEX Q2 of 2016 because PREVIEW was so old that Paychex decided to sun set it this year - which was totally understandable. But any reasonable PREVIEW clients would also expect and assume that whatever good features, good functionalities and useful reports that were available and had been working well in PREVIEW would be brought over and be available in the new payroll product as well. Not so.

Enters FLEX which Paychex touted as being technologically advanced, etc. It probably is. But as far as FLEX payroll processing features and functionalities are concerned, I am actually set back 16 years to a payroll processing product that seemed Beta, very slow, cumbersome, awkward - compared to PREVIEW. Paychex simply threw PREVIEW out the window and started fresh from scratch with FLEX. I spent my first several months on FLEX Payroll sending them suggestions to make FLEX "better". I don't know if anyone cared.

FLEX Payroll screen designs and navigation are very slow, very cumbersome, and very awkward. What I considered "speed features" in PREVIEW were non-existent in FLEX. Fields are spread out as far apart as they can find room to spread them out to (instead of keeping the screen layouts compact) seemingly so as to "maximize" unnecessary clicks, scrolls and keystrokes as much as possible. It's also more cumbersome and time consuming just to get information and reports from FLEX Payroll which could be run quickly and easily before in PREVIEW. I felt like I'm using payroll software designed by inexperienced college graduates who had never processed payroll before in their lives. They're out to get as much of my time make me do as much work as possible for the same amount of work that I have to do as before - to see where my breaking point is.

So overall, I'm not impressed. To me, if the basic payroll processing functionalities are less than before, FLEX Payroll will still be inadequate despite all other "great features and modules" they added to FLEX which I don't need.

Flex integration with Benefits Administration (Benetrac) module can make life a lot easier for some - but Beware - only if your group is 100+ enrolled. Our Paychex sales rep did make the claim that with Benetrac service, our medical insurance transactions "will all be automatic with carriers and we wouldn't have to do a thing" - which was totally not true. As it turned out, more carriers than not do not do EDI for groups (company) with < 100 enrolled. So the main FLEX selling point totally didn't even pan out for us. Please learn from our lesson. Do verify specifically that your medical and dental carriers will do EDI for your group before signing up for Benetrac.

Although FLEX does its job as payroll software, having been on a faster and more efficient product before, we know how much more time we are spending on this "more inefficient" product compared to before.

Oh and please save yourself the headaches and trouble by passing on other Paychex's services. We tried Paychex Health Insurance and ACA filing. They both failed miserably. Same story in both cases. Can't get hold of the account rep and customer service rep. No one would answer or return our calls. Last year's ACA were 60% wrong after I've redone and resubmitted data 3 different times after 3 different CSR told me 3 different things. They were just making it up as they went. Very frustrating.

Kari
  • Branche: Tierarzt

Could be more intuitive

Bewertet am 6.4.2024

I like the ability to clock in and keep track of my time card and pay details in one place.

It’s not always the easiest to navigate through the multiple menus to find what I’m looking for.

Sara
Sara
  • Branche: Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Paychex Flex is a simple and straightforward system

Bewertet am 13.3.2023

Paychex Flex's interface has always been straightforward to use; the admin dashboard is full of useful information and it's impossible to miss any updates or notifications. Our less technically-inclined staff members have no trouble navigating the user dashboard.

I manage the company's administrative tasks, including Payroll, Onboarding, and HRS. There is no way to overstate the amount of time it has saved me. About 5 minutes are all I need to do payroll, and that's only when there's a new employee.

The ability to look at Payroll records dating back more than two years. There are numerous Payroll Representatives. Inconveniently, I have to deal with a separate point person for each functionality.

Alan
Alan
  • Branche: Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

PayChex is one of the best and easiest payroll programs

Bewertet am 30.9.2023

Payroll processing is tedious and time-consuming, but PayChex simplifies things significantly. Having a professional create and update the guidebook for you is also a huge assistance.

Payroll processing for my business can be done whenever I want, the interface is intuitive, and all employees have access to their own data for purposes of audits and tax filings. The time I used to spend on payroll and tax preparation is now mine. I was relieved to have access to Paychex reports when a PPP opportunity presented itself.

They're doing their best to improve the system, but in the meanwhile, it can be inconvenient to use while they work on it.

Bernadette
Bernadette
  • Branche: Bau
  • Weitere für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Lacking Proper Customer Service

Bewertet am 22.1.2020

Overall the system is good but their customer service needs to be more organized and at least be able to help you look into something when you need answers.

We like that employees can log in and update their personal account info. such as new address ect. we also like that they can download their tax forms and so on

Every time we've had questions it seems as though no one there has the answers we need. This can be very frustrating!

Lais
  • Branche: Finanzdienstleistungen
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

A Place where you find it all

Bewertet am 16.5.2024

Paychex Flex is extremely user friendly. As soon as I login I am presented with a dashboard that displays my pay stubs, W-2s, 401K, the health benefits that I elected. It's great not to have to access the HR team to request such data. It gives me independence and makes my life so much easier.

The fact that I can easily access my pay stubs, W-2s, and all other financial records on a dashboard that contains it all.

Sometimes Paychex Flex account managers make mistakes. But that is more related to human error than a software issue.

Hannah
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Easy and Intuitive

Bewertet am 8.5.2024

Paychex Flex puts everything in one place and streamlines processes.

There's nothing id change about this tool.

Tamiko
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Very Reliable Program

Bewertet am 13.6.2024

It has been a pleasure to use this platform.

It has been a pleasure to use this platform.

I love how you can navigate through it.

I can’t name one bad thing. It’s a win-win for me.

Cody
  • Branche: Unterhaltung

Streamlined and Simplified Payroll Processing and Ancillary HR Services

Bewertet am 5.5.2022

Thus far, the experience has been positive and meets all needs of the company. Tax compliance, W-2s, time keeping, and benefits admin all went smoothly through a full annual cycle. The customer service response times are within a reasonable range, and the mobile app surprisingly is very useful due to the simplicity of the overall platform. Employees can also self-serve make a certain number of changes to things like addresses or banking info without the need for an HR team member to service such requests.

The ease of onboarding and implementation (compared to ADP, for example), as well as the streamlined processes that allow for staff who may not be payroll professionals to accurately run payroll & benefits to a high degree of efficiency.

The functionality for contractors isn't as great as some other providers I've used in the past (PayReel, for instance). Additionally, the level of sophistication for tax issue or researching problems from state notices, etc. isn't the best I've seen though it is certainly adequate.

ADP Workforce Now und PayrollPanda

Warum Paychex Flex gewählt wurde

Cheaper and more streamlined solution for a smaller company that may not require dedicated payroll teams and a very high level of white-glove service.

Zuvor genutzte Software

Dayforce HCM

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Paychex Flex

Presented the clearest and best use case for a small to mid-size company which a mix of hourly and salaried staff. Also not having a dedicated payroll expert on the team necessitated a platform that is easy to use and does not have a steep learning curve (ADP, for instance).
Elizabeth
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Sold on features that never worked correctly

Bewertet am 12.11.2021

Previously, our payroll was completed in house. We were sold on Paychex being a one-stop shop that would save us time and have everything flow seamlessly in one system. Unfortunately, that never happened. We had issues with the payroll implementation that were never actually resolved. We switched to Paychex for employee insurance, and spent over six months trying to correct the errors.

I enjoyed the ease of using the software and report options.

Our biggest issue with the software was based on the needs of our company. As a non-profit we have multiple funding streams in which employees may work. After communicating with the payroll implementation team, we set up the system as advised. Several months after we went live, the inaccurate setup caused errors in our general ledger reports, and I personally had to key journal entries of over 1,000 lines bi-weekly just to get the information accurately recorded in our general ledger software. This added one to two days of work onto my already hectic schedule. When we asked to change the setup, we were told that it would take too much time and wouldn't be possible, even though we were paying thousands of dollars a month for this service.

Proliant und ADP Workforce Now

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Paychex Flex

We were sold on a seamless system that never did work accurately.
Faith
  • Branche: Landwirtschaft
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

The customer support team for this software is so cool. Focused to assisting.

Bewertet am 25.10.2023

Very wide coverage of benefits. Paychex Flex is a game changer.

Very wide coverage of benefits. Paychex Flex is a game changer.

The customer support team really gave me an overwhelming experience. The assistance they gave at a time I was almost giving up on setting up the software was so satisfying. Ever since they assisted me, Paycheck Flex has been an easy to use software. Extremely helpful in payment management. It provides a great overview of my work and helps in creating a wonderful work environment.

Five stars worth of performance. Nothing is challenging with Paychex Flex.

Terri
  • Branche: Anwaltskanzlei

Paychex Flex Great for small organizations

Bewertet am 17.5.2022

The overall experience has been positive.

The overall experience has been positive.

The time tracking feature is helpful to small companies who use the "honor" system as their time tracker

I think the software would benefit by being a little more user friendly

Paycom

Warum Paychex Flex gewählt wurde

Time tracker, benefits

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Paychex Flex

Paycom didn't return our requests to learn about their product.
Julie
  • Branche: Großhandel
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

The Worst Payroll Company Out There!

Bewertet am 30.8.2019

I have been running payroll and in HR for over 17 years so have used many payroll services and Paychex is the absolute WORST - can't wait to switch. Overpriced and you have to do everything yourself including coding their system. Nothing works right once you do (no notifications, biometric time clocks don't record punches, CA payroll laws like 7th day OT never coded) it's truly a complete joke of a company. "Account Manager" does not actually do anything but tell you to call the 877 customer service number and they are beyond ignorant and unhelpful.

Customer service - The worst
Assigned Account Manager - Does nothing but tell you to call Cust Service (see above)
Helpfulness - None
Expensive - YES
Knowledgeable - None
Compliant - Nope, set up CA payroll laws all wrong
Ease of system use - terrible, you need to coded everything yourself
Over selling - the best (how about fix your basic customer service and functionality before you continually try and up sell)

ADP Workforce Now

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Paychex Flex

My company was oversold on this junk company and platform before I got here.
Noam
  • Branche: Medienproduktion
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Fantastic Experience with Gusto!

Bewertet am 29.1.2023

Overall, Gusto has been an excellent choice for our business. We've been able to quickly and easily set up payroll and benefits, and their customer service team has always been incredibly helpful and responsive.

Gusto has been an absolute lifesaver for our business. Their user-friendly platform makes payroll and benefits setup a breeze, and the customer service team is always ready to help with any questions or issues.

The only downside I've noticed is that it can be a bit slow to calculate taxes, but that might just be due to the complexity of all the laws and regulations.

Yashovardhan
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Paychex Flex: The Most Flexible Payroll Solution around

Bewertet am 11.12.2022

I enjoy using Paychex Flex because it is simple to use and provides me with all the information I need to know about my payroll and employees. I can easily access my payroll information and run reports. The customer service is also excellent and they are always available to help me with any questions I have.

The most impactful features in Paychex Flex are the ability to manage all employee information in one place, the comprehensive suite of payroll and HR tools, and the ease of use. Paychex Flex is very easy to use, and integration with existing business processes is seamless.

The least favourable aspect of Paychex Flex would have to be its payroll processing. Reports have surfaced of payroll being processed very slowly, and in some cases, not processed at all. This can obviously create a lot of problems for businesses that need their employees to be paid on time.

Gusto und Paylocity

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Paychex Flex

Paychex Flex was chosen over Gusto and Paylocity because it offered the best combination of features and price. Paychex Flex is a comprehensive HR and payroll solution that is affordable and easy to use. It offers robust features such as time and attendance tracking, benefits administration, and online payroll.
Rachael
  • Branche: Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Easy to use, great customer service

Bewertet am 10.2.2023

Due to issues when our account was created we had a huge mess to clean up at the end of the year. It was due to errors within our organization but Paychex went out of their way to ensure that everything was in order in a reasonable amount of time. I would never choose to repeat that scenario, but it did prove that they have exceptional customer service.

Ease of use. I started using the system without any prior knowledge and had no trouble finding my way around. Running payroll is simple and can easily be customized to how you prefer to enter.

If Paychex is also logged in, changes you make will not be saved. This does not happen often, but when it does it is useless.

QuickBooks Payroll

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Paychex Flex

We had an existing relationship with them for our partner company. We knew they were a suitable solution and did not take a lot to implement.
Ashton
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

I have never been happy with Paychex.

Bewertet am 10.2.2023

They never fully finished helping us get our platform set up. There is suppose to be a general ledger integration that is suppose to give us a report that breaks down our payroll items so we can enter the details into the books. No one has ever helped us set up our platform so this works. The report is always blank. I spent over a year trying to get people to help set this up so it would work and every customer service person would just pass the buck or tell me they would get back to me but never did. Then with the time clock feature it would be great if they would stop trying to change and update it. I spend more time fixing employees time punches because Paychex is down. Furthermore, the new timeclock platform that Paychex is trying to launch seems scares me because they seem to be missing a lot of key features that were on the old one. Finally, I don't know what their employees do all day. I swear our service reps are out of the office more than they are ever in the office.

The software looks like it should work well and that is has a lot of features that would be helpful. I do like how they take care of a lot of the tax related things so that I don't have to create and file all the different employment tax documents.

Timeclock system is often down.Poor customer service.No follow through to make sure everything was finalized on initial setup.They always try to sell me new products when the ones I have don't work.Talked to a Paychex Technical support employee who admitted that the back end was not that great.

Erin
  • Branche: Philanthropie
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Paychex Flex gives me peace of mind

Bewertet am 13.10.2017

Overall, I have been very pleased with Paychex as a company and their online platform, Paychex Flex.  I have the peace of mind that our payroll is in capable hands.

It is easy to use and it gives me a peace of mind that our company's payroll is in capable hands. Their customer service is great. Each customer has a dedicated payroll specialist, so every time I have a question I am talking to the same person. Our payroll specialist has always been very helpful any time I have had weird situations or questions.

Paychex withholds all the appropriate taxes for both the employee and employer and then files them when the appropriate government entities. Our business is located Ohio, which has a complex tax structure including both state and local taxes. Paychex has saved me so much time and stress.

I wish that Paychex Flex tracked pay increases. That is the only thing that I liked better about our previous payroll provider. Our previous payroll provider had a tab that showed an employee's salary history and the date of each raise. Paychex Flex does not have this, so I have to track it separately.

I wish they had a more intuitive reporting function. The standard payroll reports are laid out very well and are very easy to run, but if I need to run a report that it out of the ordinary, I usually end up calling my payroll specialist because I can't find the report. To be fair, the couple of times this has happened I have been looking for a report having to do with workers comp and since workers comp is run by a government entity in Ohio it has some added complexities.

• Branche: E-Learning
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Paychex has some unfortunate downsides

Bewertet am 21.11.2018

Typical clock in/out and benefit tracking.

Typical clock in/out and benefit tracking.

Very easy to view clocked in users, people on break, etc. As a manager it is easy to view and approve hours. It allows for a convienant way for staff to access paystubs and documentation.

Employees often have trouble with the site when punching in/out - the easiest to access option are buttons that move, and as a result it is easy to click the wrong button! Way more time clock corrections that we used to get. It is very difficult for staff to tell how much vacation time they have remiaining, they constantly have to ask for confirmation - very frustrating. It isn't always easy to tell that as a manager either, so we have had issues where people took more time than allocated. THE most frustrating aspect of it is when someone misses a punch - sometimes adding a missed punch is just a matter of clicking a box and filling in the correct time, other times switching a type of punch - like from start break to start meal is ridiculous and you can end up with a big mess. Have never seen a program that is so irritating to handle corrections like that. As a manager I hate working with this program.

Devon
  • Branche: Internet
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

PayChex Flex is not that flexible.

Bewertet am 28.5.2020

Intuit should concede with their payroll platform and buy paychex, and paychex should enhance their integration and modernize the platform to something more agile like quickbooks. Employees should be able to onboard easier just as if they were buying something on Amazon. All of the 3rd party vendors that seem to be value added services are just more portals and passwords needing to be centralized.

When it works and the overloaded staff can actually assist you, it is an absolutely awesome service. I have used PayChex since about 2015. Back in the day my first representative was the absolute most amazing advisor and gave me confidence when speaking with her because I could tell she knew her job. Over time as we added more states and switched companies, our SUI numbers became switched, bank accounts and invoicing was not aligned.

Besides the reports that you are inundated with, the platform feels like it can actually perform, but truthfully it is pitiful java platform. The two factor auth is great but gets on my nerves and the fact that you cannot integrate with other identity providers or into your actual backoffice systems is a shame.

Amy
  • Branche: Verbraucherdienste
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Paychex Flex is a robust payroll solution that can accommodate almost any payroll need.

Bewertet am 26.7.2018

Together with the company's team of payroll specialists, Paychex Flex is an effective payroll solution for small and large companies alike. As administrator for a small company, I appreciate having permissions to manage my company's staff in the tool while allowing the payroll specialist from Paychex to key in the biweekly payroll data. This delegation of duties gives me control over the the job functions that are most important to me.

The General Ledger integration with QuickBooks Online is configurable and works well once set up to meet your business needs. The 3rd party integrator's staff is professional and diaplays an expert knowledge of both Paychex Flex and Quickbooks.

What I like most about Paychex Flex is that our tax returns and payments at the Federal level and for most states are done for us automatically.

The browser interface is unattractive and not always self explanatory. The client id, which is needed on all email correspondence with your payroll specialist and is displayed on the banner at the top of the screen, cannot be copied and pasted into emails.

The filter feature on the Person screen doesn't work consistently, and I frequently have to reapply the same filter so that only active staff appear.

Online help for the software can be misleading or inaccurate. After following instructions for 1) giving access to staff and 2) adding a new state for withholdings, without success, I learned from my payroll specialist that I didn't have the ability to perform either task through the software.

Heidi
  • Branche: Design
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

STAY AWAY FROM PAYCHEX

Bewertet am 13.4.2021

Terrible- each Paychex employee has provided the bare minimum servies, has not been accurate in the information they provided regarding the services, and once their job is done in their eyes they dissappear. Only the HR Rep who wrote our handbook was straight forward and honest regarding the services to be provided or not. It has been a nightmare trying to terminate our relationship with Paychex. They could care less about us as clients until they realized we were terminating their services- now they just don't answer questions and won't follow through closing out our 401K program and returning our money to us.

NOTHING. We thought we were buying payroll services that would support this firm. From the marketting rep who outright lied about the review services to the 401K rep who lied the servies was" practically free" we feel we have been scammed or ignored for years

There is NO SUPPORT from this firm. They don't know who their clients are and they don't care. We terminated their services Jan 1, 2021 and they have dragged their feet in closing out their business with us, their automated termination program doesn't work, and they are still billing us for "administatin servies" on the 401K program which we are no longer contributing to- Paychex is making interest on our money and refusing to efficiently close out the program

Anna
  • Branche: Verpackung und Container

Paychex Flex - great Payroll your payroll needs

Bewertet am 7.12.2023

As far as my overall experience, I found Paychex Flex to be one of the most easiest, user friendly payroll software's that I have used. It's also always great to have customer service support for whenever you encounter a new entry/deduction or change and just want to make sure you enter it in correctly. It's nice to always have support and a 2nd set of eyes if needed. Would I recommend this to others??? Yes, I would!

When working with payroll, it's always beneficial when they system is user friendly and the menu items are simple and straight forward. One thing you don't want is to process payroll incorrectly or have to guess at how to properly enter a change. I would also like to mention that switching to Paychex Flex allowed cost savings :) This was definitely a plus!

The only con was using a separate timekeeping system.