WebTitan

I use the SpamTitan Cloud. I like it! Low price and powerfull anti spam

Bewertet am 14.2.2018

Stop receiving spam!!

It's very effective
You have a great anti-spam at low cost
License by email is great
Filter rules is easy to use

Very hard to find my subscription (expiration)
Spam list is slow during daytime
Can't block recipient (If you delete a mailbox, but someone continue to send at this mailbox it count for 1 license)
UI only in english

Henry
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Positive experience

Bewertet am 6.11.2020

My overall experience with the software is very positive as with the whole site on one blocking system, but with instant access for staff with their PIN codes, it is a very quick, easy system to use. The main issue being end users keeping their PIN secure, however it is easy to see when the PINs were used and who they are linked too.

When using tis software in education, it can be difficult with blocks and filters. As an admin, you have to constantly add websites to black and white lists to block and allow a variety of different sites. As well as the usual block all that contain.....you can select individual sites, however with the function of adding a PIN for staff to allow then access to a site for an hour, this takes the workload off myself, but allows the teacher to get on with the task at and not disrupt the teaching of the student.

With the initial set up of the software, we had some teething problems, but the support staff were very useful in supporting the setup. The layout of the portal itself is a bit "all over the place" and not as logical as I would hope, but after a few clicks and getting use to the interface, you can do everything you need it to do.

Very average product. Works fine, but feels very dated in usability and interface

Bewertet am 9.2.2018

Less spam, since O365 spam filtering is woefully inadequate.

It does work fairly well at keeping out spam, and the daily summary emails of what is in the quarantine makes it manageable.

The interface feels horribly dated and has not improved at all since we started using it a couple years ago. It reminds me of early cpanel iterations in terms of UI.

Also, the inability to manage what file extensions are blocked is a let down (be it add more, or let ones through that we need).

Cody
  • Branche: Finanzdienstleistungen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

OpenDNS features without the Cisco pricing

Bewertet am 5.11.2020

I have had nothing but good experiences with WebTitan. This includes support and billing services as well as product functionality.

We replaces an onsite Barracuda webfilter 410 with the WebTitan service and did not miss a beat.

What's not to like. No hardware to maintain, simple setup, more than adequate reporting, similar feature list to competitors.

Bradley
  • Branche: Buchhaltung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Great Product - Easy to implement!

Bewertet am 8.7.2019

So far, for the price, the software has exceeded our expectations. We have already implemented the remote agents to over 100 machines.

I love the ability to utilize the remote agent to allow computers to stay under our company's web-filter policy while working remotely.

The only thing that we dislike so far is the fact that it can sometimes take hours for the policy changes to take effect.

Steve
  • Branche: Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Lovely web access control tool

Bewertet am 29.1.2019

Webtitan is a truly powerful and feature rich software. Some of its best features include the ease of setting it up, its ability to filter encrypted connections, the ability to filter specific url their fantastic customer support.

There's a lack of flexibility with the reporting.
Spam pass through occasionally.

Randy
  • Branche: Internet
  • Weitere für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

The most fundamental, widely used robust and effective system

Bewertet am 17.1.2019

If I talk about my overall experience, I would say WebTitan is outstanding software that helps me a lot in minimizing viruses.

The thing I like most about WebTitan is that it is extremely easy to use and configure. I like its' clear interface. It let us block malicious content and spam easily. It is no doubt an amazing product helping us a lot in kicking out harmful bad stuff. It is helpful in integrating with other network simply. I love its responsive support. Furthermore, in order to filter websites WebTitan is the best solution.

There is not anything to dislike about WebTitan as it fulfills all the needs of our company. I never face any problem whenever I use this product. It is a flawless app with lots of benefits. It has made my work easier for me.

Joel

Very easy to use and works better than more expensive products.

Bewertet am 6.2.2018

The gui and setup are very easy to use. Network integration was easy and rule setup was very user friendly.

Slower response time for when I need in depth reports on specific users and their internet utilization.

Troy

Best Bang for your Buck

Bewertet am 7.2.2018

Increased productivity and network security.

The interface is as simple as it gets. Everything you need and nothing you don't. Customer service has always been prompt and effective. The support team has always been able to resolve my issues on the first try whether it be on the phone or via email.

There are a couple of features I wish were implemented, but given time I think it will come together.

Joshua
  • Branche: Gastgewerbe

Web Titan is Awesome

Bewertet am 25.7.2022

Awesome software for the price

Able to block sites that users should not access.

No cons, the software works great and is user friendly

Syazila
  • Branche: Öl & Energie
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Really excellent in securing internet activity

Bewertet am 24.6.2021

WebTitan is my fast solutions for securing and shielding my internet connection health and preventing my computer from any attacks from spam and malicious attack.

I really like that WebTitan is working for me both for my work computer and my personal computer. It help me filtering the internet activities and blocking any suspicious traffic that my computer connect on. The GUI is really easy for a non technical user to implementing it in their system.

WebTitan support team is really passive and lacks of medium that they offer for us to connecting with them. I can only contacting them by email, and no other medium are available like phone number or live chat are supported. They should improve their support option.

Brian
  • Branche: Versicherung

Webtitan Cloud Good For the Cost

Bewertet am 5.11.2020

Inherited product when starting new position, overall happy with the product and cost is on the low side. Features seem to be better in some of the other offerings we are evaluating, Cisco Umbrella as an example.

Cloud based management with proxies onsite. Easy to change rules and allow one time access to blocked sites for approved use. Logging is good.

Remote users, laptops and home users are not protected when off company network. Relying on the proxy servers as dns servers works great when onsite. Has a hard time with Remote Desktop Servers, identifying users... these may be misconfigurations but we have not found an easy way for their WADA to break out RDS users.

Mike
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Webtitan - works well but hard to troubleshoot

Bewertet am 12.11.2020

It seems to work as advertised with very little management of it.

Troubleshooting through history is very limited. Without setting up a syslog server to send logs to, it only has it's history page to look through. Within this page:
- I can only filter by day, but not using a specific time range in that day.
- I cannot search by destination using the FQDN, although it gives the field
- I cannot filter by Effective Policy
- I can filter by user, but due to the setup on the site, much of the user shows up as Anonymous
- There is an export feature, from which I can use Excel to do my searches, but it only exports the records visable on that one page. With the amount of endpoints I'm using, that is only about 6 mins worth of logs.

Lee
  • Branche: Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen

Simple and Easy to Set up DNS and Web Monitoring Solution

Bewertet am 20.10.2021

Overall very satisfied. For the price point, I don't think it can be beat.

Fairly simple setup, easy to use and maintain, effective, and customer service has always been great.

Sometimes users end up with multiple profiles in WebTitan due to the way roaming laptops work. That's not necessarily WebTitan's fault but it's still annoying.

Derek
  • Branche: Möbel
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use, works well!

Bewertet am 6.2.2018

WebTitan has provided us with a stable web filtering platform that has worked well for us for many years. We feel comfortable that it is blocking and restricting as we have configured it to do so.

WebTitan is fairly easy to setup. It is available as a cloud based solution or on prem. You can get as simple or as complicated with your filtering as you like, it will handle most situations with ease.

There are still some issues with mis-classified sites being blocked when they should not be. The web interface could be updated a bit and organized a little better.

Anthony
  • Branche: Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Excellent easy to use product, top of the pool

Bewertet am 18.7.2018

Secured public access control to internet, blocking unwanted and in appropriate websites.

It is a set it and forget it SAAS. Deployed for our guest/visitor internet access. Simply works very well, bad and good sites are categorized quickly and access is secured. All for a very good price. Far less than Cisco. Support and Setup were very responsive.

NONE, it does exactly what we need it to do. It is not free. We have not deployed all features, so I cannot attest to those.

Antwort von TitanHQ Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Anthony,
Thank you kindly for your 5 star review of WebTitan.

One of the major strengths of WebTitan is in securing public wifi access and blocking unwanted and inappropriate websites on guest wi-fi.
I'm delighted you found that to be the case.

Thanks again for taking the time to give us a good review. It's hugely appreciated

Kind regards,
Dryden
Dryden Geary,
Marketing Director,
TitanHQ

Daniel
  • Branche: Einzelhandel
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Good & cost effective solution to manage & control your WEB internal users access including...

Bewertet am 12.2.2018

WEB filtering & content management

Easy to administer , setup group and tailor WEB access to our corporate WEB user , do have good reporting tools and some protect ion where our users base can go on the internet.

This software could benefit if it add option to restrict & control apps that can run on the internal network. This would offer better protection again malware that usually kick of an small application or script to download their malware payload

• Branche: Versicherung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Out of the box web filtering solution

Bewertet am 15.5.2018

Good real-time reporting
HR can can be given a role to maintain blacklists/white-lists/individual user permissions
Customization - time of day, categories etc
AD integration - reports on the user rather than IP address
Great support

No viable cloud solution yet to report back based on user (just reports on IP address)
Trouble implementing or upgrading with a complex internal domain

• Branche: Verbraucherdienste

We have been the Spam Filtering and I must say for the money they product performs well.

Bewertet am 6.2.2018

Very easy and intuitive web interface. Very simple to set up an HA pair assuming you have the licensing. Support has been very responsive and is able to correct and explain what occurred remotely.

If an email is caught it in Spam it's sometimes difficult to troubleshoot the root issue. Would like to see the email header and or body after its released out of quarantine.

• Branche: Computer-Software
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Webtitan easy to implement and excellent performance

Bewertet am 10.11.2020

It is a solution that can be perfectly integrated and it really is very effective for what you are looking for.

Its easy implementation and excellent administration make this product very effective.

The truth is there is not much that I dislike, maybe it would work a little more in the interface but it really has a good performance!

Robert
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

SpamTitan has cut-down on spam for me and many of my clients dramatically.

Bewertet am 7.2.2018

I resell it to my clients

The interface is very clean and fast, though a bit outdated-looking. The spam digest reports look nice and contain enough info to be very useful.

The cost is very high. Setting up custom filters is difficult. There should be quicker and easier ways for end-users to block messages from senders that change part of their address every time. Multi-factor authentication would be a plus. Would be nice to configure spam digest timing individually for each domain and possibly multiple digests per day. The Outlook add-in is very user unfriendly to install and configure and there seems to be no notifications of updates.

Garry
  • Branche: Automotive
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Webtitan and TitanHQ's other products are a great blend of functionality and ease of use.

Bewertet am 12.2.2018

Easy to use and easy to setup and maintain.

Ease of use is important for my company so my assistants can help monitor and adjust settings as needed. TitanHQs support is great as well.

It can take a little time to tweak content settings sometimes but it's still faster than the other firewall products I've used in the past.

Janus
  • Branche: Musik
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

SpamTitan is well worth it!

Bewertet am 13.2.2018

SpamTitan HQ Almost made Spam a thing of the past for me, while I can still deliver and white/Black list, from the daily report, in my inbox.

SpamTitan eliminates about 98% of my unwanted emails. By means of its algorithm. and the centralised filter.

For an untrained individual like myself, it was not so easy to set up.
I am still missing a feature to add senders or domains to black/white lists directly from the outlook interface. On both the Office 365 online interface, and Mac OS install (I do believe this feature exists for the windows installment of Outlook).
I would also like to see the option of user blacklisting by content.

Ciaran
  • Branche: Staatsverwaltung

WebTitan Review

Bewertet am 11.11.2020

Overall a good experience with WebTitan and the associate support

Robust system, very few issues, needs a reboot 1 a year if we have any problems.

Not that easy to configure, some issues with allowing sites to some users an not others

Gregg

Great sales experience, reasonable pricing, great technical support.

Bewertet am 6.2.2018

Keeps spam email load off of local server.
Great technical support.
Reasonable cost.
Excellent uptime.

Most features can be had with Microsoft 365 Email.
Occasional lag in mail delivery.
Needs more configuration capabilities to compete.