• Funktionen
Ágoston D.
  • Branche: Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit
  • Untern. Größe: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Versatile spam/av filter for reasonable price

Bewertet am 17.8.2019

It is great. Good software for a modest price tag: not too expensive but not too cheap so they are able to cover support and pay support engineers with qualities. It works as expected.

The ease of setup, the integration of Bitdefender sandbox, the punctuality of the spamfilter - after training -, the user quarantine, price tag, fast and quality(!) support. The quality of the checks and inclusion of bitdefender is a big extra. And I have to mention the support again: once we ran into a problem updating the software at a customer the speed of response and willing to help and solve the issue for us analyzing the system, etc was great ( The problem caused by our fault as we gave too few resources to the VM because we waited for more RAM to the virtual hosts and didn't upgrade the settings when we had enough resources again to run all workloads.) Support was willing to recover the system to be fully functional with a remote help.

Looking for logs about a specific message could be easier. While it's great and usable for an experienced admin this is a bit tedious for Level 1 support guys. However, there's a detailed description/howto page which covers all the details (https://helpdesk.spamtitan.com/support/solutions/articles/175885-using-history). I just mean that could be easier to follow a message and look for all occurrences in the logs.

Tyler W.
  • Branche: Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen
  • Untern. Größe: 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Good mail filter, easy for our users to manage.

Bewertet am 5.11.2020

SpamTitan provided a lot of the functionality of our previous mail filtering service, while keeping costs competitive. It's very simple and easy to use from an end user perspective, and not terribly hard to set up as an Administrator. There are plenty of options for deployments both small and large. On the back end SpamTitan uses a collection of open source software like Spamassasin and ClamAV, bundled together in a pretty web interface they've designed and provide support for. Compared to rolling your own solution, hiring a Linux admin to manage a mail filtering service, this is much more cost effective.

Support was a little lacking. Their headquarters are in Ireland, so responses take a little longer, and it's a little hard understanding them sometimes, especially over the phone. The audio quality of overseas phone calls is very poor.
The foundation SpamTitan is built on Spamassasin is only so good, it doesn't catch spam and viruses like the leading mail providers (Gmail/Google Apps). For that reason, it may require a little more time for administrators to fine tune settings.

Syazwani I.
  • Branche: Finanzdienstleistungen
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Protect my emails from vulnerable

Bewertet am 23.2.2021

Using SpamTitan as my main software to fight spam emails is very effective and more benefit i have seen better then other more popular brand. I am very happy with the pricing and really valuable with what i has paid. When I think about email protection, it is always SpamTitan that pop-up in my mind.

SpamTitan has a very good accuracy in filtering a spam and malicious emails from entering my primary inbox. It is very easy to set up my own keyword that i want to include in the filter keyword and setting up the whitelist keyword. After setting everything up, the process is automated and i don't have to constantly monitoring it as it will sent me report for every-week activity.

There are time that a legit email will be blocked and there are no notification sent to remind me about this activity, and resulting that email stayed in the spam inbox until i have to manually check and whitelist it. Adding domain into the software for the first time can be confusing and i had to ask for a support to fix it.

Conor L.
  • Untern. Größe: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Decent features for the price could do with some more features. Would still recommend.

Bewertet am 13.7.2018

Spam is removed.

Cloud based software so nothing to install on site. The dashboard allows you to see what emails have been quarantined, allows white listing of domains. Decent set of basic features. Price point reflects what you get.

The following lets it down:
1. The quarantine reports to the users are once a day, i get a lot of emails from staff saying they haven't received a email from a client and i have to log in to check, a quarantine email once a hour would be much better.
2. Some email which don't even match basic standards get block but not reported, took us a while to realise this as we had a ioT device misconfigured but had no idea Spam Titan was blocking it.
3. It can fail to deliver to the endpoint mail server, but doesn't report whether the email was successfully delivered or not just that it passed or didn't pass the spam listing, you have to go into the actual email and look at the headers.
4. Would be nice if there was a encrypted SMTP relay too that could scan email going out. Haven't had a compromised laptop or email account but could see how this would help.

Antwort von TitanHQ Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Hi Conor,
Thanks for your kind review and your very helpful feedback on SpamTitan. It has been fed back into the product team. Their feedback is as follows:

1.This is true that SpamTitan sends one report per day, however all end users can request on-demand reports as many times per day as they wish, simply by clicking the On Demand Link at the bottom of the report.

2. All mail that connect to SpamTitan will be reported on in the Reporting > History tab. Along with all headers.

3. If a mail is passed to the mail server this will be shown on the Reporting > History tab. Along with the SMTP response the Mail Server provided.

4.SpamTitan will filter all outbound mail and can have TLS enabled for encrypted traffic.

We're constantly developing and trying to improve SpamTitan Conor, thanks again for the great feedback

Kind regards,

• Branche: Telekommunikation
  • Untern. Größe: 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Stop spam email with SpamTitan

Bewertet am 12.2.2021

SpamTitan has help me so much in fighting a spam email and malicious link from harming our system. All the attachment in the email will be scanned before I open it and any suspicious file attachment will be blocked and quarantine, to protect me from mistakenly opening it. I really has a positive experience after deploying this software in my working environment.

SpamTitan has advance and extra security layers that protecting my email account get penetrated or get attack from spam email. Ransomware is one of the most feared kind of emails that we really want to avoid, and this software effectively blocking any malicious email that may contain file attachment or link that may harm my computer or phone.

The only point that i dislike is, there are no access to the software from other device except from my computer, as it only operating from stand-alone application for desktop. It will be more flexible if the software has web-browser, so user can access it from anywhere that internet is available.

Howard A.
  • Branche: Medienproduktion
  • Untern. Größe: 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Our Experience Installing and Using Spam Titan

Bewertet am 26.3.2021

The Spam Titan team have been brilliant, all the way through from initial contact to our engagement with support during initial configuration, they bent over backwards to be helpful.

Support engagement is good, with very rapid responses to calls we submitted initially.

The product was really easy to setup and is intuitive.
It basically does exactly what it is supposed to once setup and we have not experienced any issues with the product other than from our side setting up the various bits of DNS txt correctly :-)
As expected it takes a while to learn our email patterns so initially there were some delays with some inbound emails due to Grey-listing as it waited for resends to recognise good email, this was improved by playing with initial grey list settings.
Overall we are very happy with the product and we have had no complaints from any users, which is always a plus.

At this point there are no parts of the product that we are unhappy with.

Zuhairah A.
  • Branche: Bankwesen
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Protect and secure email with SpamTitan

Bewertet am 30.1.2021

Very positive experience with SpamTitan for almost 2 year. Most of the spam emails is definitely has been filtered out and has securing my email account. I hope they can continue updating a new feature and spam filter keyword so it can secure my inbox better.

Protecting and securing my email account from spam and spoof email has very effective using SpamTitan. It has really avoiding my inbox bombarded from uninvited email. The quarantine report and the whitelist let me to unblock the incoming email if its were falsely unblock. It has serve me well and keep a peace mind from all the spam email.

One of the least thing that i like is the notification is not consistent at all. Sometimes it will notify me for a list of email that are block, and sometimes the notification won't even shown. The customer support is slow in replying ticket, and has been ignored for weeks without any response. Other than that, everything else is great.

Morten B.

Great product

Bewertet am 1.2.2021

I have been using spamtitan for more than 10 years now.

The software are easy to use and efficient

There is a long time between the updates in the software, this is both good and bad.

Mark S.

Efficient Email Spam Filter

Bewertet am 23.3.2020

Blocks everything it needs to from mail, virus's, malware, etc, does its job.

They offer free 30 day trial to test it out. If you have nothing in place currently, you will see that a spam filter is needed. Also say 99.99% rate but found that a bit more spam still sneaks into mailbox but does great job at getting rid of most of it.

There are other hardware pieces and software out there that works better as a spam filter. Barracuda products give way more control and feel the block rate is better as well.

Sergio A.
  • Branche: Computer-Vernetzung
  • Untern. Größe: Selbstständig

IETS Review

Bewertet am 17.11.2020

so far so good, the support people are great at helping out, very knowledgeable

Practical and easy to use, it offers options for the liberal and conservative companies I deal with on a daily basis. This is what I really like about this software.

I would like to see the reporting features work a little more intuitively, it is not really wysiwyg. that i would like to see,

Mike S.
  • Branche: Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen
  • Untern. Größe: 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Antispam that is affordable, flexible and powerful

Bewertet am 12.4.2019

Overall, we are very happy with the product and the customer support.

We did have to put some time into this product but now we have a custom-fit solution, with fault-tolerance (two servers at two locations, both locations have both internet and private WAN access to the Exchange server) and we're saving thousands of dollars versus the managed solution we used to use.

We can tighten things up if we wish, we have a lot of flexibility with this product. I rate it an excellent value. So much power, flexibility and fault-tolerance, for so little money.

We opted for an on-site appliance (a Linux server really, a VM in our case, but it's just a web-based console as far as configuration goes). Their cloud version is the same product running on their servers and that would relieve you of the work we put in, as I'll describe, but we wouldn't have it any other way.

The on-prem version is what we like the most about this "software." We have another VM running at an alternate site, they sync with each other and one can take over if the other is down or unreachable. They also can load-balance.

Yes this solution is a little more complex than are previous solution. But it's in the complexity that you get the flexibility. SpamTitan support has helped us tweak the settings based on what we're seeing in the console. Excellent history report shows everything, or you can filter very easily. Unfiltered you can see blocked (and why), quarantined, accepted...everything. If you don't see it, that email did not get to you, and in our experience it has been a Sender issue every time.

SpamTitan, with the clustered configuration is less that half the cost of our old solution and we never have to upgrade or replace the "appliance" because it's just a VM, or one of our physical servers, either way, you never face an End of Life "you must upgrade" mandate from SpamTitan.

Also - these servers will spool email until they can reach the email server. So if your email server is down or unreachable, you most likely are still getting email.

Well...it does require us to do some of the lifting and I have discovered there was a lot I didn't know about fighting spam. I turned on one block setting and started blocking emails I didn't want to block, okay...turn that off!

We had warned all of our employees that we were switching products and to be on the lookout for spam and/or missing emails. Most reports were false, but in some cases there was a problem with the settings and this helped us to tweak the product. Also be aware that you need to use a trusted IP address or your emails may end up in the recipient's spam folder. We just used the IP from our old solution once we ran into this issue.

There are certainly other examples, things not working right because we didn't set it up just right (we tend to do things on our own, we learn more that way). Every time we've gotten stuck I have gone to the website and checked their knowledge base. If I didn't find the answer I create a ticket. If you give them a console-generated code they can get into your system and look at your settings.

After a month or two I think we have the settings where we want them. However, we keep an eye on the history report, watching for any signs of trouble. The product worked well right out of the box, but now it's really doing a good job, without blocking good emails (yes, some bad emails get through, but it's at least as good as our old expensive managed solution).

Tristan S.

Setup was very straight forward

Bewertet am 13.7.2018

Once we got through the growing pains we don't have to field many helpdesk tickets from users getting use to this software coming from our previous spam filter. The other big benefit is that our previous spam filter service provider was about to double our yearly rate so your software ended up having a better spam detection rate and was also less expensive.

Easy to setup and maintain. The detection rate is fabulous. When we initially setup the software we were getting tons of false-positives but this subsided after several weeks of use after which time I assume the system started to pickup on the types of emails that we consider legit.

It would be better to have a more well rounded user portal. For those users with many false-positives in an email notice it would be good to have a way to release the emails without opening a web browser tab for each and every email to be released or at least bring the user to the portal login page so they can easily manage many releases if this is not possible through the email client. Not a big deal but it is a little annoying personally for me.

I believe in the beginning I was told that there was no user portal to then later find out that there was one. Not sure where the disconnect was but this feature ended up being quite crucial for the owner of the company I work for as he was used to working in the portal of our previous product (Barracuda).

The other problem that was noticed earlier on is that the daily summary emails would have these crazy ambiguous email addresses in them in the "From" field which I was told couldn't be modified. The owner of the company was very confused by this as the Barracuda would show us both the technical from address as well as what would normally appear in the mail client and would have more meaning to the end user and give them a better idea if the email was spam or not. I suggested at the time to the tech\sales person I was speaking with that this should be changed to at least show both "from" email address' so the end user is armed with more information to make an informed decision about the email being spam or not.

Eric S.
  • Branche: Telekommunikation
  • Untern. Größe: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Emails are by the minute .. daily report doesnt cut it

Bewertet am 5.11.2020

It was alright but having good emails blocked and others not blocked was a fine grey line of a product that works or doesnt. Currently we rather have office do it for us as it will send an email same time of something that is blocked and can be release.

The software was great in terms of user interface and usage.

The daily report of spam or something with held was to long of a delay. What killed this software for me is when our founder had a false positive email he waiting for (plane ticket) and he didnt get it till next day causing him to buy another ticket at the terminal. Our sales reps would get their reports of potential clients that had their emails blocked by the system the next day which was also very bad for us.

Benjamin J.

SpamTitan has saved me, saved my company time, and has some of the best support people around.

Bewertet am 10.7.2018

Just sorting the crap emails automatically that come in saves my company hours in man hours. It's also blocked malicious attachments which is awesome because the weakest part of any security is always the people. This helps with that tremendously

It's as close to "set it and forget it" as you can come in the IT field. Right out of the box support helped me set everything up in less than 20 minutes, no hardware to worry about, nothing like that. Literally all I have to do is check to see if something was blocked incorrectly once in a while, white list it, and done.

I've been using spam titan for almost a year and in that time we have blocked over 200k spam/malicious emails for a 30 person company before they even hit employee mailboxes. I shut off the service for 48 hours just to make sure it easy legit, it was, and I haven't shut it off again since.

Whitelisting and blacklisting domains and specific emails are super easy.

Support Staff are awesome and go into detail when resolving problems if they were to arise or even if you just have a question. They have always been friendly and curteous and super personable and have been some of the best people to work with in all my years doing IT.

The only thing I feel is missing is the ability for cloud users to create their own key word filter. Don't get me wrong, the spam filter itself is amazing, just a bit more precise control on my end to mark specific phrases or words as spam would be nice.

Being able to see the email body of messages that come in as SPF fails would be helpful at times as many company's we deal with have auto invoicing that fails SPF.

Other than that no issues!

Jj C.
  • Branche: Computer-Software

SpamTitan Cloud Service

Bewertet am 17.11.2020

Very good, we came here after trying two other services for a couple years each. SpamTitan is very useful to us and we re-evaluate providers every so often and continue to stick with them.

It's hosted offsite, but gives me the ability to modify and tweak anything I want. Customer Service is easy to reach and always helpful. Does a good job with filtering, we rarely have to white list and don't get much spam at all. The best part is that I can forget about it.

Not a huge con, but I wish there was more notifications around maintenance, slow-downs, outages etc. We've been with this service for years and wouldn't still have it if it caused disruptions, but there were a few hiccups I needed to call it to find out about. That may well be something that is available too, I just am not aware, nor is it a big enough issue for me to waste time looking into.

Jim G.
  • Untern. Größe: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Spam Titan makes it easy to deploy effective affordable spam protection

Bewertet am 6.11.2020

In my opinion when you work with a smaller company they value their customers more then the large mega companies. With TitanHQ that has turned out to be true thus far. They are willing to go the extra mile for you to help customize and optimize the appliance. All support techs know their job well; you don't have to wait for a script monkey to escalate your case to some one who knows what they are doing, and they have even implement a few of my feature requests.

-Very easy to set up. Can be done in a few hours.
-Support is hands down the BEST to deal with. I make many support calls in a year and hate dealing with most companies but when I have an issue and have to contact TitanHQ I assume my issues will be resolved quickly the first time I contact them because it usually is.
-Reporting is fantastic

The interface is a bit clunky it probably could use a GUI refresh
There are a few settings like RBLs that would be nice to be able to be set per each domain but are global.
There are a few common 3rd party commercial RBL's that are not included but make a noticeable difference. Because SpamTitan is so affordable the added cost is not an issue but it would be nice if Titan HQ could license them directly.

• Branche: Automotive

Say byebye to spam!

Bewertet am 2.8.2018

With over 500 mailboxes, spam had become a major problem for users. Not only was it an exposure point for phishing scams, but viruses as well. Along with just wasting resources on my email server and clients computers. Spamtitan has put a stop to most, if not all of the spam related issues my organization had. It is worth every penny.

It has greatly reduced the amount of spam getting to my users. I hesitate to put a % to it for fear of being low, but I say 90% of the spam that use to get through is captured now. Not only that, but I can easily blacklist or whitelist specific addresses or domains. Something that was a painful process on my previous spamfilter platform. You can also pull metrics and reports to show how much mail has been processed and how much has been caught.

The setup process can take some time, but their support staff are very helpful and will get you through it. It is worth the setup pains for the filtering it provides though.

Antwort von TitanHQ Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Thank you kindly for your review.
I'm delighted you found SpamTitan support staff helpful, I'll pass on the message.

When you have time don't forget to look at our web security layer, WebTitan, and our email archiving solution, ArcTitan.

Thanks again for taking the time to give us a good review. It's hugely appreciated
Kind regards,

Dan O.
  • Branche: Computer-Software

Great Product and Easy to Use

Bewertet am 7.9.2018

SpamTitan has done an excellent job of clearing out the loads of spam we were getting prior to putting the product in place.

After going through a fairly simple setup, SpamTitan just works. It does a great job of stopping most spam and has a small number of false positives. It is also pretty easy to set up notifications on any blocked emails to ensure that proper capture is occurring. One side feature that I really like is using the web interface to see what emails have been allowed through. Using that information, when a client calls and tells us they sent an email that we didn't get, I can immediately look on SpamTitan to see if the email reached our servers at all. This allows me to very quickly determine if an email that never reached us was blocked on by our servers or prior to reaching us at all.

If you change a filter in the web interface to return too many records, the site will sometimes hang.
I have sent in questions for support once or twice, and I do get a reply very quickly that the staff will address my question, but I often never get a response after that.

Jose A.
  • Branche: Bau

Great anti-spam filtering solution

Bewertet am 26.12.2017

Anti-spam filtering service and online archiving system. Great for security and cloud migrations.

There are several advantages of using this software. Apart from being an anti-spam filtering solution, it also serves as a temporary archiving service when you need to take your mail servers down for maintenance. You will never lose an e-mail. Great tool to have if planning an e-mail migration to a cloud provider. No more appliances and almost zero configuration apart from relocating your MX records. Highly recommended.

The customer support is not that great. It always appears that you are dealing with the same person over a chat or report ticketing system. I am not so sure how many engineers are working in support but I always seem to work with the same person. It is really hard to get a remote session with an engineer, most of the time you only receive ticket replies with instructions to be followed and it feels like trial and error. Nevertheless, the software works perfectly so you rarely need to use support. It is for extremely irregular situations that you would contact support.

Hernaldo O.
  • Branche: Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit
  • Untern. Größe: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Great software for a low cost

Bewertet am 10.11.2020

In our company we have been using Spamtitan for more than 6 years to deliver mail service to our clients. The default configuration can be somewhat permissive, but is extremely flexible so it can be easily optimized.
On the other hand, it allows you to send a summary of spam to end users, who can review filtered emails daily without directly exposing them to malware or viruses

The cloud version of the service works well but has several configuration limitations that must be maintained by default, so I highly recommend the on-premise version

Fernando S.

spamtitan

Bewertet am 7.9.2018

overall positive, support has been great, missing some features to make it a truly polished enterprise/msp/carrier top shelf product.

1) virtual appliances
2) clusterable
3) support ldap/s
4) user specific CP

a) does not provide reporting of how many mailboxes each domain is using in a given month - being a multitenant system and we with many clients, we lost this ability to have emailed/automated reports of how many mailboxes are active in a given month under each domain. seems easy to code and would provide value
b) really don't like how it handles aliases, treating them as unique 'accounts'
c) still has the spamassassin feel, the best of breed from back in the day was postini
d) really don't like that your appliance doesn't email us when it can't reach a downstream smtp target. sure we do snmp/wmi/pingdom monitoring for our key clients, but it's niceto have the edge system send an email/snmp trap when it cannot connect to a domain's downstream smtp server. agian, shouldn't be hard to code....

Faburn F.
  • Untern. Größe: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

SpamTitan Cloud Review (after 2 years use)

Bewertet am 7.9.2018

My company has used the SpamTitan Cloud solution for approximately 2 years without experiencing noticeable technical issues or downtime. I occasionally need to add a white list entry or release emails that are not SPAM. The end users get a daily email to allow them to identify emails caught in their SPAM filter and decide how the application should handle them. The licensing count is not tied to a specific domain which is attractive if you support multiple domains or are an MSP.

- The application is stable and requires little maintenance.
- Support is responsive and knowledgeable
- Cost is a good value and pricing structure allows for use with multiple domains to maximize licensing.
- New email addresses are automatically learned to ease administration and automate licensing needs.
- Good reporting
- User self maintenance works well.

- Not really an issue for me, but there is no mobile admin client.
- Web interface seems dated, which is not a concern of mine, but it could turn off some admins.

Jeffrey B.
  • Branche: Internet
  • Untern. Größe: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Good overall product

Bewertet am 10.11.2020

Spamtitan is easy to use and configure if you have ever dealt with setting up any spam filtering service. It is great in particular for an ISP as it supports individual admins per domain, different authentication by domain and also supports domain groups to be able to group domains together and administer them as a group. It is very flexible in configuration and supports a lot of options. It is also as good as the Barracuda spam filters we have used in the past and is significantly cheaper.

It is not as good as say Google at catching spam. Also, some tweaking needs to be done by contacting support rather than doing it yourself. Support is very responsive though.

Jonathan C.
  • Untern. Größe: 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Great Pservice with a great product!

Bewertet am 10.9.2018

We have seen reduced amount of phishing emails as well as overall Junk mail. The best part of the product is it takes on a lot of the junk traffic that we would otherwise see hitting our network and email servers and filters it before we receive the emails. Also the ability to still receive email when the email server itself is offline is a big benefit in maintaining business continuity.

The service as well as the products we use with TitanHQ have been rock solid since we started. We are an MSP so reliability and ease of use followed up by excellent responsive customer service are only magnified by the amount of clients that we use with TitanHQ. Currently we server over 500 individual users and no one has had a complaint. This has been a wonderful partnership so far and we will continue to use the. Right now we currently use ArcTitan and Spamtitan with much success.

There is not really anything to like about this company or the services they provide.

• Branche: Marketing & Werbung

Anti-Spam Winner

Bewertet am 2.11.2018

9.5/10.

My inbox can get pretty busy after a long day of meetings. If I don’t manage to clean them, it can clog up my emails. Once I go through these emails, I notice that majority of it is spam and junk which I don’t personally need. Blocking and moving to my spam folder is time consuming and I could do better things with that time. SpamTitan captured me from the moment I tried it and has never failed me so far. I can now manage my inbox and know that I don’t have to deal with malicious threats.

Sometimes SpamTitan can send important emails directly to the spam folder. I usually check my spam folder once a week just to make sure I didn’t miss anything. It’s very rare though.Sometimes SpamTitan can send important emails directly to the spam folder. I usually check my spam folder once a week just to make sure I didn’t miss anything. It’s very rare though.