Droplr

Darrien
  • Branche: Hochschulbildung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Honest, trustworthy group of people who care for your files.

Bewertet am 14.5.2018

Ease of use. It made uploading files easier than before. It made my whole workflow almost seem seamless (no pun intended).

Has an OS X menubar icon and easy functionality. Works when I need it to, and flows well with my workflow. I don't have to leave an app to open this one - it simply exists in my menubar and copies directly to my clipboard.

It seems to ever-so-slighty be getting paywalled. When I first used it, the free tier was enough, now the free tier is almost as good as gone. There's no benefit to pay for something like this when competitors offer more with a few more obstacles to overcome.

Sue
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Fast uploading, sharing, screen recording & screenshots

Bewertet am 19.3.2020

Sharing short links in emails instead of attaching documents is better in many ways. A link to a document is safer and faster to access; you don't have to worry about remembering to attach a document; recipients don't have to worry about problems with downloading or losing a document; attachments are safely stored in the cloud; documents are presented on a clean, custom branded page.

Another great feature – surprisingly not promoted heavily – is the ability to drag and drop or upload images to create mood boards. It's a great way to keep visual ideas in one place or for sharing them with clients, colleagues and friends.

Screenshots, annotations, screen recording ...it's all super easy to do. And files can be tagged and grouped into boards. Droplr is amazing for managing and sharing images and files.

The ease and speed of uploading a file, getting an instant short link and sharing it safely with anyone anywhere.

Nothing comes to mind that's missing. Droplr is one of those apps that works so well and is so intuitive to use, you don't even think about it.

• Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Very Buggy, Very Poor Support

Bewertet am 28.1.2020

I purchased this tool.

I liked everything it did (and does) feature wise.

I immediately started...

I purchased this tool.

I liked everything it did (and does) feature wise.

I immediately started having issues with features and tools not working.

Support was consistently disorganized and incompetent in responding to my requests.

I don't like saying that, but there is no other accurate way to describe it.

I have been communicating on and off back and forth for many months since purchasing this tool.

Often they lost my communications or didn't respond or not for a very long time (most recent was several weeks).

Now they are telling me that I need to upgrade my account in order to get "premium" support.

Interestingly, they are asking me to upgrade to the plan I already paid them for.

The only conclusion I can come to based on what I have experienced is that they do not have a customer focused, excellence culture.

I have not seen any sign that they are committed to quality and support at all.

This all makes me very sad, because I like the ideas of the tool.

After many months (since June/July 2019) I no longer believe they are ever going to debug the tool or provide even "non-premium" support.

The idea.
The features are really cool.
Branded URL for Screenshots, Screencasts, and File Sharing.
Clipping Tools, Video Screencast Tools.
Ability to mark up your screenshots.

Consistently buggy.
It is very normal for various features to have bugs up to and including not working at all.

• Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

My experience with Droplr has been good. It's a convenient way to share files.

Bewertet am 25.7.2018

Pretty much how they promote it is accurate... it's allows you to share files easily and conveniently, and the file will be removed from their servers after an allotted amount of time. In both work and play, many times I'll need to share something as almost a temporary measure: "Look at this screenshot." It's not something that needs to be kept forever. Usually after the client sees it, we discuss it, and move on with the project. There's no need to keep it. You CAN keep it, but by default it will go away soon enough. No bulky servers to periodically clean to purge files that were meant to be shared, reviewed, and discarded.

The mark-up tool, where you can annotate uploaded files, could probably be improve a bit more in terms of options and ease of annotating. It's a very helpful part of the software, so improvements to this are would make a good idea even better.

Droplr has become from an extra application to one of the main ones in my work

Bewertet am 28.2.2018

I've been using Droplr for years and I've become used to the workflow of the app. Today being the main in my office.

I like the ease of sharing files and having a database of my files delivery. And the various options of screenshots of my work.

Clients told me, on some platforms the videos links are not played directly in the browser.
And sometimes there are errors when uploading files, but they are very few.

My top utility tool - convenient, powerful, effective & delightful

Bewertet am 27.2.2018

Droplr is so easy to use that it has become a seamless tool in my daily workflow. Whether creating a simple screenshot, annotating/redacting images, or sharing files, one key-combo does it all. Quick & powerful.

Very occasionally I will have to restart the application from the top toolbar after freezing/seizing up. No big deal. I really love Droplr.

• Branche: Hochschulbildung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

I like software that I do not have to think about how to use, and that simply works.

saving time.

saving time.

Ease of use. Just drop it on the icon and everything is taken care of. It's simply one action, and the download link is automatically copied to the clipboard. The rest is all email. In fact, I do not even think how to use it, and that sets it apart to many other software products I have to use on a daily basis.

Timesaver

Bewertet am 26.2.2018

The easiness to use is the best part. And it saves a lot of time every single day in our team and have done that from day 1.

To be honest its hard to find any issues with Droplr. Maybe the challenge that the urls that you share are blocked in some firewalls.

• Branche: Grafikdesign

Very easy to use, great file collaboration tool

Bewertet am 26.2.2018

Simplicity is crucial, it's user-friendly, easy accessible via top toolbar/status menu on my computer (mac)

I would like to be able to send multiple files at once, which would remain single files - and not zipped together in "Archive_on_... .zip"

Simple and Effective Screenshot tool

Bewertet am 19.2.2023

1) Droplr is very user-friendly and intuitive, making it easy for anyone to share screenshots and files2) Helps to create annotations on screenshots captured and quickly share with anyone using a URL

Droplr does not have a free plan to get started as its competitors offer.

Tuhin
  • Branche: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Not Best But Also Not Worst One

Bewertet am 28.2.2021

Even though theres so many cons on droplr but I still prefer to using it just because I paid only once and that is a great deal. I use it often to make videos for my clients and sharing important files with team and project works. Its not the best but its also not the worst one. So I am still happy user of it and hopefully Droplr Team will make more improvements to this app and give more attention to its UI and UX.

1. Lifetime membership access as I got it on a deal!
2. Unlimited Spaces
3. Quick Draw and Snippets tool!
4. Easy Video Recording and sharing.
5. White Label Option!

1. Very Buggy Desktop App with No UI Window At All. Just a system tray.
2. By Default App System Tray Stays Disconnected, You have to click right mouse button and click again after a while to see you being logged in.
3. No options to set resolutions and quality! Where competitive do much better.
4. Sometimes after recording video does not get uploaded to droplr.
5. After snaping and opening images in markup editor and saving it will cause a blurry and bad effect on image quality.
6. No inbuilt app image editor like monosnap or loom.
7. No better UX of video processing like loom.
8. No discussions board on video or who viewed when.

Matthew

I would be lost without this application for sharing stuff everything with workmates.

Bewertet am 26.2.2018

Being able to drag multiple files to the icon and have them automatically zip and upload. Being able to create GIFs. General image sharing.

The annotations editor is still glitchy a lot of the time. Recording screencasts/GIFs can be clunky. An option to have video with audio removed would be handy. It would be really useful to easily create image/video "collections" on one page that could be shared with a link. Searching/categorising in the application could be improved, it's hard to find things a lot of the time.

Ram
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste

Saving Tons of Time With This Amazing Tool

Bewertet am 30.5.2019

It is saving our time, our team became more productive. Fewer emails since we started using this tool.

We just started using Droplr and we loved so much that we stopped using CloudApp. Droplr is so easy and convenient to use. They have a desktop app and a browser extension, taking screenshots and writing notes is a breeze. Thanks for building such an amazing tool. Droplr is very affordable. Our teams are saving a lot of time using Droplr. We can also generate self destruct links which is amazing.

Somethings I personally felt that Desktop app is a bit slow, apart from that I do not see any cons as of now.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

Zight (formerly CloudApp)
Brad
  • Branche: Design

Couldn't live with it

Bewertet am 11.9.2020

Great. I use it 10x a day and don't know what I would do without it.

Great. I use it 10x a day and don't know what I would do without it.

So, easy to share images, files, links, screencasts in emails, Slacks, texting. It's makes me crazy when someone plops a 12mb image in an email.

Oh, there are a couple of tiny tweaks that would make it easier to use or be more convenient. Put nothing stands out.

Will

Solid app experience with many useful features

Bewertet am 28.2.2018

I like that it's easy to quickly capture and annotate screenshots, upload files, create notes and create record screencasts.

Some of the recent app updates are a little rough around the edges... the code snippet utility was very useful before is now not mapped to a shortcut, and the interface isn't as intuitive for that type of upload as it once was.

• Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

My favorite screenshot, screencast capture and sharing tool

Bewertet am 5.6.2018

The ability to quickly capture, annotate, and share what I see on the screen helps me communicate more effectively with my team and with customers.

Capturing screenshots and screen recordings is fast, reliable, and easy. Having the ability to organize these screenshots into groups and share the grouped shots with colleagues is a great way to share inspiration, ideas, and revisions. There are many options regarding privacy and even the ability to have a custom domain/url for sharing these images.

While the capture interface is great, the web portion can be challenging. Things like privacy controls are not well described in the interface.

Richard

I've been a paying subscriber for many years, that says it all really!

Bewertet am 1.3.2018

The speed of being able to create Drops, ease of use, the ability to draw on Drops and access Drops across all my devices,

There's no shortcut in the menu to export a screenshot Drop, ie. I have to open the Drop and then right-click and save it to my desktop.

Heather
  • Branche: Verbraucherdienste
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Droplr is handy!

Bewertet am 28.5.2019

Droplr is great at catching screencasts and screenshots, which comes in handy for sharing an example or teaching someone something.

Sometimes Droplr can crash when starting a screencast during the screencast.

• Branche: Konsumgüter

I love Droplr!

Bewertet am 28.2.2018

Can transfer, share, store, organize, sync, backup ANY/EVERY file i need to (which i do daily). Plus all the extra, new features (which they keep adding more) just give you added benefits and functionality. Awesome product!

Droplr solves EVERY "file too big" and "not enough storage" problem i've ever encounter. Also, Lifetime account was best deal i've ever been lucky enough to nab.

Unesh
  • Branche: Internet
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Good for Capturing Screenshots - annotate and Screen Recording.

Bewertet am 21.5.2020

my overall experiences with droplr is quiet good but they should do survery in users that waht minor features they think is missing and like this they can make developmet user s driven.

I like most is Screen recording in GIF with Desktop App, and with face in chrome extension with ability to save to desktop.

What i like least is while recording screen with chrome extension, web cam only be in a small size and cant be switched for full screen cam in between. usually what we need is both.

Robert

Droplr is well designed and easy to use, makes sharing screenshots and links super easy.

Bewertet am 2.3.2018

Ease of use, intuitive design, great support, and it's updated regularly with new features and enhancements. I also love the iOS apps as well as the website which lets me access my drops anytime, anywhere.

Also great for teams that need to share screenshots and screencasts quickly and easily.

Not much, but would like the ability to do a timed capture so I can show interactive elements in software. But otherwise, not much not too like about Droplr - simply works.

Miloni
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Something i m very dependent on

Bewertet am 25.3.2022

Wonderful!!!!!!!

Wonderful!!!!!!!

i use droplr for file sharing and must say now i am addicted to using the same, cannot image the day without this.

i am not very satisfied with the video recording feature. it takes very long to capture and get the link

Hanah
  • Branche: Schreiben & Editieren
  • Weitere für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

Create My Own Boards

Bewertet am 27.1.2020

Overall, this site allows me to do what I need to do without conflict. I love how I can put my boards to public or private. I need to constantly do this, so I love how I can be in control of this option.

I love how I am able to upload all of my files and especially my favorite files to this software. I love also how I am able to login to this software on my laptop. I don't have to download it to my computer or laptop. I love how I am able to upload my photo files to my own boards. I love how this software has an option to create boards and I can allow the people I want to see my boards. I can place my boards with my files/photos on it to public or private. I can share my boards to other freelance writers or close friends. The last thing I love about this software is I can download this software if I change my mind to my desktop or laptop in the future. Great idea and software!

I dislike the fact that the dashboard seems a bit boring. I wish it had more colors or different settings to change the colors. I also wish I could add it to other social media sites if I wanted to share it. It would be cool if I could share it to my main social media sites.

Ryan

LOVE Droplr!

Bewertet am 26.2.2018

Version 5.0 initially launched with a few bugs that have since been resolved entirely.

Super easy and intuitive graphical user interface; great all-in-one productivity/collaboration/communication tool; Version 5.0 is really cool too - love the new launch screen.

Adhi
Adhi
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Simple Tools to Capture and Share Your Computer Screen

Bewertet am 19.7.2019

You can capture your screen as still images, GIF, and videos. The share link is available instantly. You can also edit the result before sharing.

Users can’t set the capture area to use in multiple captures.