Guesty

Thomas R
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Great PMS software

Bewertet am 22.10.2020

Guesty is a great tool to manage your properties and all related tasks and administration that comes along with it. In special I would like to mention they have a great support department which will help you in any way possible.

In the two years I've worked with Guesty I've always had a dedicated point of contact who I could reach out to. In special I would like to thank [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] for their support and dedication.

Guesty's structure is really decent and they are always looking for ways to make their product better. They have integrations with a lot of platforms and really make your life easier.

I've had many calls to talk about my daily practices and challenges and if needed they would help me setting up the settings. Along the go they released some great features to make our processes less time consuming and more efficient.

From time to time Guesty have had some bugs but they always kept me updated and tried to work on a solution as soon as possible. I think this is part of the process in a market that constantly changes.

Shanyn

Lack of Customer Service on Major Issues

Bewertet am 19.4.2021

I am currently looking for a different company and would never recommend them to any property management company. Very disappointed especially for the price.

I liked the automation services until they stop working.

You cannot get ahold of anyone when you are having a major issue. They also captured my customers credit card numbers and double charged them when the automation was not set to that. Which obviously is causing huge complaints and bad reviews for my business as the customers are thinking I am double charging them for no reason. Very embarrassing and also detrimental to my integrity.

More automation capabilities.

ResNexus

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Guesty

The mobile app at the time which turned out to be not as described. On the Guesty Mobile app you cannot add a reservation or make changes to a reservation which proved to be difficult and one of the main issues I went with their program. Lots of unkept promises from Guesty.

Hi Shanyn,

Thank you for reaching out and expressing your concerns. We are devastated to hear about this.

We would love the opportunity to turn things around for you. Please provide us with your email address and we will reach out ASAP to remedy these concerns.

Kindest Regards,
The Gusty Customer Success Team

Wesley
Wesley

Excellent Software, Terrible Support

Bewertet am 21.3.2019

Overall:

Overall:
The software is good, and integrations are good. Not the best, as many are far better in some respects.

The customer service is absolutely terrible. The worst I've ever experienced. I've had almost 3,000 AirBnB guests, and talking to them makes me feel like my worst guests as I get repeatedly frusturated at the support team, and feel like i'm not being helped or taken care of. Guesty charges 3% of revenue, which means I pay over $1,000/month for it. If they treat me like this, I can't imagine how they treat smaller hosts that don't make over $20,000/month.

I hope that Guesty gets my feedback here, as their customer support has made no comments on whether my direct feedback reaches the Guesty management or ownership teams. I think that while the software is great, on-boarding and support are archaic and severely need updates and improvements. I'm still using the software, but unless there are changes to how they handle client issues and requests, i'll be jumping ship as soon as a comparable software comes on the market.

I still have hopes for Guesty, so maybe once my income raises over $40,000 and monthly payments to guesty pass $1,000 overall, i'll be taken as a higher priority client for them.

Guesty has a great intuitive platform. It has all of the features that you'd expect, and they all work fairly well. The feature sets are fine, though they may be found on other platforms, but what you pay for is the integrations. Guesty integrates with nearly all software that you'd expect or want it to. Their chat feature is the most mature, and the best part of the software, but automated messaging leaves much to be desired. It is not possible to set up automated message without customer support (in most cases). Team management and listing management both work as expected, and are a pleasure to work with. The software is definitely among the most developed in the industry.

Overall Guesty attempts to be good at all things, and master of none. There are numerous softwares that do individual things far better, like automation, messaging, cleaning team management. Overall the worst part of the experience of Guesty was the support system. While all softwares use live help nowadays, you have to submit manual tickets to guesty. There is no phone line to call, and you can't ever chat with a representative. While the website claims that they do full set-up, it's wrong. I sent over 40 back and forth messages with support as they tried to have me do my own setup. After requesting help with a particular issue, they did not have a representative do the work for me. On top of that, months into use, the software still doesn't work as expected. I'd say that delivery is definitely far below what is expected from such a large company.

Kelsilyn
  • Branche: Gewerbeimmobilien

Brilliant Service

Bewertet am 12.12.2023

Guesty has been a truly fantastic short term management tool. As an organization that deals with over 50 properties, automating payment and check in instructions alone makes this platform well worth the cost. Our onboarding representative [sensitive content hidden] was brilliant during the onboarding process and the hand-off to our now current success manager [sensitive content hidden] has been flawless. We truly enjoy working with [sensitive content hidden] and feel she has truly had our best interests in mind as a business and as professionals. Truly an awesome experience with the entire Guesty team. This organization will do great things!

- Calendar Use
- Automated Check In Process / Door Lock Feature
- Task Systems
- Analytics & Reporting
-Owner Statements

- Channel Management (hard to know what to edit in Guesty vs. in Channel)
- User Management

Antwort von Guesty

Hi Kelsilyn, we are glad to have been able to make things easier for you. Have a great day!

Peter

Guesty Top Tier Software

Bewertet am 14.2.2023

Guesty has been a one stop shop for us. It makes our teams experience much easier and listing on all platforms a breeze. We love that they are adding new features and always improving. Our team sucess rep Taylor, was great. Our team loved meeting with her on our calls and each meeting was so productive and a lot of fun. Top notch service!

Calendar ViewChannel IntegrationUnified Inbox

The one negative is being the payment processor for VRBO. We have to authorize security deposits and through Stripe can only be held for 7 days. If the booking is 7 days, youre out of luck and have to put a high security deposit for safety which leads to not a ton of bookings.

Hostfully Property Management Platform

Warum Guesty gewählt wurde

Needed a better channel manager that was not based off the airbnb listing

Guesty For Hosts
Zachary
  • Branche: Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus

Truly the elite PMS

Bewertet am 16.3.2023

After dealing with two other PMS, and demoing a couple more I can confidently say it's the best out there and worth the price tag.

I appreciate the hands-on support and dedicated team that know us and our situation, there's never a need to repeat issues to random support members.

My only issue is some of the guest communications don't appear until a reservation is confirmed.

OwnerRez

Warum Guesty gewählt wurde

I needed more functions like tasks and cleaning schedule integrated, as well guesty pay.

Hostaway und Uplisting

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Guesty

After reaching 20 properties and having multiple owners I need to report to, I needed the best that money could buy.
Scott
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Guesty does the work of many

Bewertet am 2.9.2019

The customer service has been very responsive and helpful.

The customer service has been very responsive and helpful.

Guesty has allowed me to fully automated and manage my vacation rentals. I'm a 1 man show and it has allowed me to be able to send messages to my cleaners, outside vendors, and my guests without any work. I also love the integrations and the ability to manage my rentals better.

They are still growing so some of the software can be buggy. It can be difficult when you need something done asap

MyVR und Lodgify

Warum Guesty gewählt wurde

I wasn't able to do automated messages and the software was having issues with syncing properly to other OTA's. This had big costs for me.

Rentals United

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Guesty

Pricing was right for the features it offered. And the website was one of the best designed
Emily

great product

Bewertet am 5.12.2019

We have significantly reduced our handling time on bookings and payments. Our previous booking system did not take auto payments, so this was a huge workload for us prior to going on Guesty. The setup and install process was really well handled and the system itself is very user friendly and easy to use.

The automatic payments, messaging and responses are all really great functions and work flawlessly. The ease of linking other booking sites and intergrating the booking setup into our own website was fantastic. The functionality and connectivity is extremely well done, and the features continue to improve.

If you take any manual bookings over the phone (like we do), the system isn't always as flexible as we would like. eg. You can't override any minimum stays setup in the listing when making a booking, even as the manager. So if you wanted to offer something you have to do a bit of extra work in the listings calendar or pricing tool before you are able to put the booking in.

RMS Cloud

July 2019

RMS Cloud

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Guesty

connectivity to multiple booking sites, ease of use
Caleb
Caleb
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Lacking in features you would expect

Bewertet am 6.1.2023

Honestly not much. They have decent automations.

Where do I begin…You can’t run anywhere the full service from the app. Overall guesty is pretty bad. I came from guesty for hosts and that had way more functionality for way less of a price. I would avoid guesty at all costs, especially if you use VRBO. Their “integration” is very bad and any alteration, requires lots of manual work to fix guesty. Incorrectly calculates tax and channel commission with no way to edit other than submitting a support ticket smh.

Michael

Great software for Short Term Rental property Manager that is at Scale

Bewertet am 30.11.2022

overall experience is great

overall experience is great

I love the ease of use of the Guesty software. It is hands down the most user-friendly property management software i have used. It also has so many useful features that I didn't even know we needed.

The two downside are the high price and the lack of realtime phone support. However the email support is very quick at responding. Typically in a few minutes to a couple of hours and the price is well worth the money at scale.

OwnerRez

Warum Guesty gewählt wurde

Guesty offered more features and it was more user-friendly for my team.

Lodgify

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Guesty

ease of use, better integration with other software, and more integration with other software
Julia
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Oversold and very disappointed with customer support

Bewertet am 25.8.2021

My experience with Guesty is not worth it. Not worth the additional time and effort to fix all their stuff ups. Not worth the money it costs for the onboarding. Not worth the money you will loose in the end from technical issues. Not worth the stress and frustration of not getting any customer service. JUST NOT WORTH IT AT ALL REALLY!!!
Oh and before you send me a response to this review Guesty - I have had a number of conversations with your management team and still get nowhere. You say you want to tackle each issue but never really get to the bottom of them. You start with the initial contact or message but then nothing. I don't see why this time would be any different. I'm saddened to have to write this review but unfortunately I don't feel heard even after a year with you!!

The fact that you can see the guests contact details if they type them into an inquiry.

Once onboarded you were left to your own devises which was very frustrating. At the onboarding they show you what they want to show you, not necessary what you need to know for YOUR business therefore they just don't listen to your needs. You can't call anyone if you encounter issues, the support team blame the other platforms for the problem and says you need to call the platform. They message you back within 24 hours but haven't really looked at your question. You are then palmed off to someone else in the support team and you have to explain yourself again and again. They over charged on a number of bookings and it is still ongoing to try and get the money back. There are so many technical issues/faults with nightly rates and bookings. When you message them they don't give straight answers, and you are then left to clean up the mess ie double bookings, incorrect rates showing. They wipe their hands of the problems and you are left thousands of dollars out of pocket... I could go on for days!!!

Veronique
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Very good product, very good service, unfortunately very expensive

Bewertet am 31.3.2022

Good, robust software. Very good service. Account Management ([SENSITIVE CONTENT]) is available and helpful. Support is always available, we love the Live Chat feature for quick, easy-to-fix questions.

Unified Inbox, Good Guest Communication Feature, Ability to have Multi-language Automated Messages, Direct Integration with major Channels, Good API, very happy to have a bi-weekly meeting with our Account Manager ([SENSITIVE CONTENT]) who is always responsive and helpful when we have questions or need help.

Very expensive, unfortunately, it is Guesty's biggest downside.

Hostaway, BookingSync, MyVR und Streamline

Ollie
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Solid, sensible and great tech.

Bewertet am 23.9.2022

Recommended! Customer care good. GCS is an absolute game changer!

sometimes tricky to get through to decision makers, but once you have account manager it' a blast. Mine is called [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and I have his direct email.

• Branche: Computer-Software

Nightmare of a Software Experience - stay away / False Advertising

Bewertet am 24.1.2020

If you are like me, of course you need a solution. I was misled by the marketing and sales team to sign up here, and misled by biased 'comparison' web pages on the internet that are optimized enough to bring everything to the forefront.

I have built my lil airbnb biz to 150k/year plus ( gross, not net ) in less then a year, and as a software engineer, I know good software when I see it. I have tried 8 or 10 similar tools and reviewed 50 - 60 to pick those 8. I am happy to share what worked to help those out in a similar position. Here is what I have tried and what worked, with + and - to compare advantages and disadvantages.

What I detest most of all is business models like guesty's, which want a percentage of your company ( via a percentage of your sales ) to give you their service. Avoid these at all costs.

Lodgify
- Solid site for creating your own bookings, CANT import your listings, you have to recreate them, expensive... currently at $34/listing.

Tokeet
- Tons of promise at the beginning, automates import and export to different sites, start with Airbnb listings you created and auto generate listings elsewhere - but the messaging feature is so darn broken it made me want to pull my hair out. Every single incoming message is a new thread. Imagine looking at your phone and there are 30 new message threads from the same person. What the... Also, the linking listings to avoid double bookings feature requires a Phd to get correct, its BAD... more below

The chat with customers feature worked well.

- False promises by the sales reps
- Glitchy software
- If you try to import your Airbnb listings, it will erase all of your 'linked listings' rules - which are there to prevent double bookings, AND NOT TELL YOU - so you will be immediately exposed to double booking if you are using this feature. Even https://tokeet.com/ was wise enough to put a note in there.
- If you try to set it up yourself instead of waiting for a rep to do it for you, the software will immediately start charging your card without letting you know.
- They promised to help simplify my business, but in the end the glitchy software and terrible documentation vastly complicated it.
- They promised to scale my ads to many different channels, but did not, in the sales call, mention any of the additional hurdles which would be present in each channel.
- It was faster, cheaper and simpler to add the listings to other channels manually then to try to use this software
- The sales rep offered a full refund when he found out I was dissatisfied, but then failed to deliver and stopped responding to communications, while still charging my card, weeks after he agreed to issue a refund.
- The customer service department is by email only and very slow to respond, so I spent several nights with my system that I worked really hard to create in shambles, cancelling all my plans, trying to fix the errors this system created by hooking it in.

In a nutshell, DO NOT use this software. Even if it was free.

Serge
Serge
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great software, always evolving but pricing and support is an issue

Bewertet am 3.6.2021

Very happy with Guesty overall. They are constantly evolving and adding features and the staff is courteous and knowledgeable. Its a struggle though to understand the value proposition or why I would continue paying 3x pricing. Recently bid out a competitor and savings were over $100k with a 200+ unit portfolio. Wishing nothing but the best for them but would like to see more competitive bulk pricing and faster to market solutions. If a small company like Hostaway has Expedia integration and multiple payment processors then why is Guesty still behind?

Guesty is always adding features. The current feature set is very robust. Integrations with almost every player in the industry. Bugs and upgrades with every new rollout. Great team and best capitalized company in the industry. Eventually should have the most robust feature set in the industry.

Constant bugs in the calendar. Same day Airbnb reservations do not get auto assigned meaning you need staff constantly watching Guesty OR lose the ability for same day reservations OR risk an unassigned reservations. No solution or even affirmation of this problem. I have been begging support to resolve this and always get stock copy and paste answers. Support is generally lacking. They respond quickly but never dive deep enough into an issue or offer resolution. Pricing is pretty much the highest in the industry even though the feature set is not the best in class. Still no integration with Expedia or second payment processor. If you have over 2% chargebacks then Stripe will kick you off the platform and Guesty has no alternatives integrated. This is a huge problem. A lot of nickel and diming on pricing. They now want an additional $3/unit for "advanced analytics" which is really just basic analytics you would expect from any platform.

Hi Serge,

Thank you for such a detailed review. We always are looking toward our user's feedback to help Guesty grow.

We appreciate that versatile payment processors and a direct connection to Expedia are crucial for some of our clients. Our Product team is currently working towards a goal to be able to provide both of these features.

Your Customer Success Manager Jerome will continue to work with you on some of your other issues with Support and Guesty's value proposition.

We appreciate your continued partnership and please do not hesitate to reach out at any time.

The Guesty Customer Success Team

Joanne
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

We operate efficiently because of Guesty!

Bewertet am 24.10.2022

- We use Guesty every single day and would not be able to run our business efficiently without it. - We had a lot of issues using Guesty initially but things improved significantly after we were assigned to a dedicated account manager, Sarah. She is helpful, responsive, and helps push things along. She organizes a quarterly business review where she presents a lot of helpful info specific to our business. - We use the inbox management function the most. Having multiple team members respond at the same time and seeing who typed what has improved our accountability and team efficiency. - The ability to publish listings to multiple platforms at once is a huge time saver. - Customer service team has improved tremendously. This used to be a big pain point (i.e. not receiving timely responses with responses that did not make sense) but the support team has gotten a big revamp and we have no more complaints.

- Quite a lot of bugs. You have to refresh constantly. Sometimes the wrong listing will show on the reservation and once you refresh, it shows up correctly. Sometimes the system pushes listing updates immediately, sometimes not. - Onboarding was terrible. Our onboarding specialist only wanted to follow a fixed script and when we had additional questions, she would have to submit a ticket. However, that was 1.5 years ago so hopefully, that has improved now. - Guesty has quite frequent new releases. However many of their new releases come with undisclosed caveats. We were excited by their announcements but then realized it doesn't work as it should. - Guesty is very expensive and much more expensive than their competitors.

Leyla
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Best PMS on the market with an amazing support team

Bewertet am 2.5.2019

We switched over from another PMS about a year and a half ago, and couldn't be happier with the changes. Guesty has improved our companies organization, productivity and communication greatly. They have allowed us to implement new business strategies which we never before considered possible. We have now largely been able to streamline almost everything business related to this one platform - with the ever-expanding marketplace, we imagine we will be elusively on Guesty in the very near future. In addition to the amazing features that Guesty offers, their customer support is the next level. Not only is the support team available 24/7, but the case managers are also fantastic. Our case manager has been absolutely instrumental in the growth of our business. He has brought a lot of innovative ideas and advice to us. Above all, we appreciate his collaboration with assistance with reviewing many of our projects that are not necessarily related to Guesty itself. He has really gotten on board with our image and helps motivate us to continue striving for bigger and better things. We really enjoyed working with him and the Guest team :]

We wish that we had a little more autonomy with some of the programming aspects for automation. That said, the support team and our case manager are always more than willing to help implement everything we ask them to.

Karen
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Guesty has streamlined my operations and helped me to keep on top of my daily rental activities

Bewertet am 18.8.2020

I found it had a pretty big learning curve.The initial training helped get me started but I felt rushed through it and really needed a second training once we got all the data in. I am still finding little areas that I didn't know existed. Their customer service is great. Most questions answered within 24 hours. Sometimes scantly and you have to ask more questions but for the most part they are quick to respond and assist. The software is missing a few features I'd like to see and the integration with VRBO is lacking in capabilities. I am learning ways around it but it is because VRBO limits what Guesty can do and doesn't provide a way to do it in VRBO such as charge for damages through the damage deposit held by VRBO for example.

That it provides a dashboard that allows me to manage my properties across most of my channels that I advertise on. It's not their fault I cannot bring on Tripadvisor, it is Tripadvisor that prevents it. But with Airbnb, Booking.com and VRBO all merging so that I don't have to maintain my listings and communications on all those different sites is a God send!

It is missing some features I really need to use, BUT they are very receptive to suggestions and they have implemented many of my requests very quickly!
Training was rushed and non-existent once you get your data put in. You can get little blurbs of help through their amazing customer support but it would be good to lose an hour or two on the initial training to allow for a second training after getting all data loaded and the user has time to assess what else they need to know.

Alice

Longstanding Relationship with Guesty

Bewertet am 4.11.2022

Guesty is a one-stop shop helping us stay on top of the complexities of running a vacation rental management business.

There are so many PMS platforms to choose from, and we have stuck with Guesty over the past four years. Over the years, we have seen the platform evolve as it responds to the rapidly changing vacation rental market. Throughout, we have seen a thoughtful and customer-driven approach. The technology is extremely user-friendly, making navigating easy for our team members in the field. At the same time, it is robust enough to pull complex reports when we need them.Most of all, we cannot say enough about the PEOPLE who work at Guesty. [SENSITIVE CONTENT], our Customer Success Manager leaves no stone unturned to resolve any issues, no matter how complex. She is also our go-to source on industry trends and new developments to look out for. We couldn't be happier.Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Guesty is not the cheapest platform. However, we are well aware that you get what you pay for!

Freedom
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Great product, great team

Bewertet am 16.12.2022

Overall, very happy. Our rep, Sarah S has really improved our opinion as she has been quick to jump in and help where needed and that has made us feel like we always have someone to reply on if anything goes wrong or extra support is needed. Most of our experiences with the various levels of tier support or positive as well. Occasionally we feel like we're repeating ourselves but that seems to just be the nature of support everywhere these days.

The fact that it makes everything so much easier to manage. Being able to automate has saved us so much time and effort.

I would like to see a little better syncing between Guesty and some of the channels. When the channels roll out new features, those are not always something made available on Guesty. An example of this would be noting the addition of pets and built in pet fees that match with the channel.

Erol

Powerful Resource for Vacation Rental Management Companies

Bewertet am 2.5.2019

I'm extremely impressed by Guesty's attention to detail. Our Customer Success Manager, Jerome, has been an absolute pleasure to work and has constantly surpassed our expectations. He has been instrumental in helping us grow and optimize our processes over the last couple of months.

Guesty's CRM software is phenomenal. It's absolutely critical to have one central communication hub and Guesty allows us to uniquely handle each and every guests' needs. Although there are individual services/software that do a better job at handling specific needs (automated messages, cleanings, etc.), Guesty offers a powerful all-in-one resource. Most importantly: they're software is constantly improving. We've been really impressed with all the small changes that they've started working on, and we're excited to see how things continue to develop!

My biggest issue with Guesty is that it doesn't allow you to make changes to the automated messages without contacting support. We'd love to initiate some small changes on our end but can't do that until we have greater control.

Bill
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Amazing Product w/ An Even Better Team Behind It!!

Bewertet am 22.3.2021

We are able to easily communicate with all of our inquiries and guests from multiple OTA's in one platform and provide an excellent experience for them with quick response times, automated messaging, and saved replies.

I feel that the best feature of the software is its ability to seemless keep all of the reservation details - whether financial or guest communication - all in one spot. There will always be some items that would be nice to have, but this team has thought of 95% of them and are probably currently developing the other 5%! The analytic dashboards are fantastic and our organization uses them extensively as well.

The direct booking website could use a little bit of work so that the end user has a more friendly UX to navigate, but we have had thousands of reservations and have only received a handful of complaints.

Johanna

Bewertet am 1.6.2020

Guesty has greatly improved over the year and a half I've used it. We researched other options as a replacement but never found a system to beat it. The team is happy to help where they can.

Multi-calendar and inbox are easy to use. Extensive analytics. The communication team replies to host emails lightning fast. Ability to create a direct booking website. Our customer success rep is helpful. They continually improve the software, fixing bugs and adding features we ask for. Easy integration with RemoteLock.

Finding what you're looking for is not always intuitive. If the system you want to integrate Guesty with is not a direct integration, the workarounds are frustrating. There are random tech glitches every so often, such as things not loading, a pop up being half off the screen, analytics pulling wrong numbers, auto-messages being slightly off. The integration with Airbnb can be limited because you need to change the sync style for any setting not in Guesty. Limited phone or chat support for smaller hosts. The website is not as customizable as I'd like.

Great PMS for Vacation Rentals

Bewertet am 12.9.2023

Awesome

Awesome

The system is amazing and is perfect for business models that cater to short-term rentals / Vacation rentals.

- The interface needs improvement to be user-friendly. - Adjusting rates for multiple listings under the same category should be easier instead of having to manually adjust it per listing

Kristoffer

Great Channel Manager software

Bewertet am 26.11.2020

The Channel Manager is fully functional and is truly a great tool to handle your business.

Guesty is still relatively new so some features is a bit confusing, but the customer service is ALWAYS exceptional in both quality and how fast they respond. The few flaws are being fixed as fast as they are found.

The onboarding process was so professional. I was so pleasently surprised about how well it worked and how serviceminded the onboarding guide was. We had Zoom calls 1 on 1 with our personal guide until we were 100% satisfied with our knowledge about the product.

Afterwards we got a new contact person to secure the daily drive and it still works perfectly with such a fast response time and a great product.

As a manager for a small business with 10-20 apartments i can fully recommend Guesty as your Channel Manager.

As it's still a relatively new product you find some flaws here and there. However, i haven't experienced any bigger problems with the software and the few flaws are almost always fixed when i take a look at it a couple of days later.