Square Payments Erfahrungen

Sortieren nach

Micah
Micah
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Couldn’t run my business without it.

Bewertet am 2.6.2023

I have loved using Square and have become a loyal customer. Their customer service has been excellent and I’ve never had any major issues and things run smoothly throughout my sales processes.

I love that it’s so easy to use and integrate into my business. Selling cbd, it was difficult to find a legitimate payment processor and square has delivered on all aspects.

I wish it would integrate directly with Shopify.

Angelina
  • Branche: Kunst & Handwerk

Love my Swuate

Bewertet am 24.7.2023

My overall experience with Square payment has been wonderful. I can either do it on my phone or use the plug in Square which I’ve had since the beginning of me opening and starting Angelina’s arts and crafts.

I can put a Square card into my Apple Pay wallet transfer money from Square to my checking account if need be or to one of my employees checking account to pay them p

Call a square is I still have not received my equipment I ordered two months ago three maybe four months ago paid for it online with my PayPal card and I checked on it and they said it was sent out

ApplicantStack

Warum Square Payments gewählt wurde

I made the switch due to seeing see a register being used at a coffee shop and outdoor coffee shop which they pick up and go anywhere with the equipment they have from square

PayPal

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Square Payments

I can keep my inventory updated and when I sell something from my inventory, it takes it subtract it from the inventory so it’s very neat
Maureen
  • Branche: Kunst & Handwerk
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Square does not reimburse for manual credit card transactoins

Bewertet am 8.10.2021

When it works it's okay and you get payments quickly.

When the card reader doesn't work, which can happen for multiple reasons (no wifi, the card's strip is worn out, the reader is worn out, etc.) Square has instructions on their Support page to enter the credit card information manually. I encountered this situation at my last show with 100% of my credit card sales, followed Square's instructions from their Support page, and received an "Approved" response with each transaction. Square's records showed these transactions were transmitted to them as "cash" transactions so they refused to compensate me for the sales.

If you use Square, you know that cash transactions are very different from manual credit card input. They do not display fields for you to enter credit card information, expiration date and the code on the back of the card, and they do not ask for the customer's zip code. This was all information I manually inputted with each transaction - but it did not transmit to Square. But again, with each transaction Square responded with "Approved".

Square did not acknowledge any problems at their end and would not help me, so I essentially held a "Free Sale" where I paid for booth space at the show in order to give my products away. I have no idea if the customers' credit cards were charged. I only know that I will not receive payment for my goods because Square will not investigate the problem on their end. However, in telling me this they kindly hoped that I would have a "wonderful day!"

Amanda
  • Branche: Rechtsberatung

Square is very easy

Bewertet am 12.2.2024

I like that it is user friendly. I have had no issues

I do not like that I can not do auto payments or set up a future payment/payment plans

Qiana
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Dependable, secure, and easy to use

Bewertet am 27.9.2023

I’ve used square since I started my business over 12 years ago and it has been completely seamless I. How it’s evolved over the years and Good Morning they Ed added features that make sense and make my life easier.

I love how intuitive the backend office is to navigate

I least like that when using square through third party apps like Acuity, my clients don’t have the ability to add tips to their payment. I have to open the app separately and bill their card on file that way for them to add tips.

PayPal und Stripe

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Square Payments

Square had a better backend office that not only looked better but was more intuitive for me to use. I didn’t have to waste time trying to figure out how to do something or get to a specific feature.
Brenda
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Reliable solution that is cost effective

Bewertet am 21.7.2023

I have used Square for 10 years. I have listened to other companies pitches, but stuck with Square, because there is not contract. They are honest as well. Never do they pitch you anything they do not offer. I cannot say that for other payment providers.

Square is fantastic when you need to swipe a credit card and allows one to avoid the large fees that others require. No contract and buy equipment as you need it.

The only con is getting a hold of a representative. Note, the solution is so simple that you really don't need help.

PayPal, Stripe und QuickBooks Online

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Square Payments

Speed and simplicity. The coding in the system works seamlessly too.
Benjamin
Benjamin
  • Branche: Immobilien
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Square is Great Tool

Bewertet am 26.7.2023

Overall square has been great. I chose it for credit card processing and after the fact learned it has many other capabilities that make my job easier. Square offers an online checking account and savings accounts. This was huge as the online account enabled me to accept checks and have mobile check deposit within same app. Also square has a contract platform with e-signature which unused extensively for about a year. I moved away from the contract function when I upgraded my home inspection software to a package that included the contract agreement, but square saved me from using a 2nd platform in the beginning.Overall I’ve been very happy with square and would highly recommend them for a small business.

The biggest seller for me choosing square was mobile payment processing and familiarity with the product as a consumer. Additionally I didn’t want a monthly payment as I don’t process a high number of payments monthly.

Squares fees per payment are a bit higher than I would like, but I now pass those fees on through the platform so it’s not as much of a concern.

Cash App, Venmo und PayPal Zettle

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Square Payments

Square has more features that I needed and a little cheaper entry point for the card swipe device.
Mike
  • Monatlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

High props for Square

Bewertet am 24.7.2023

We are very happy we chose Square, and have made our website CMS choices based on support for Square payments and linking to inventory.

Square has so many options for mobile payment hardwareFunds are transferred very quicklyMonthly emails on top selling products

Tap to pay on iPhone is only in the United States right now, this feature would allow us to have multiple transactions at once.Their web software is great if you only sell a few products, but we needed more control over display and layout

Stripe

Warum Square Payments gewählt wurde

Faster payoutsMany customers thought they couldn’t purchase without a PayPal account so did not complete transaction.

PayPal

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Square Payments

Transaction cost, inventory management, option for website using Square software that linked directly to register/app.
Diana
  • Branche: Verbraucherdienste
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Square for small business

Bewertet am 29.3.2024

The app is really easy to use and very user friendly. I can see transactions and sort per invoice for an easier reconciliation at month end.

The contactless payment is sometimes sporadic and I have to use the actual swipe device

Benard
  • Branche: Unternehmensberatung
  • Monatlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Square Reader is just a brick

Bewertet am 27.3.2024

I like using the square terminal at one of my branches. It's easy to use and does a good job.

Using the square reader is a pain. I don't know how good or bad it is because somehow a pin got put onto my app and I can't access the app to disable the pin or do forgot pin. Support wasn't helpful and now I have a reader that is useful as a too light door stop.

Hank
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Square - great for small businesses, and not just retail!

Bewertet am 3.9.2019

Overall, I love Square. The ability to receive payment from practically anywhere at any time is HUGE for a small business owner. My ability to set up my clients in the address book and add their card on file saves a ton of time. I also like that only the last 4 of their credit card shows up. I do not want the burden of having all that info on file.

Square is a great solution to a small business who wants to ensure they can be paid easily, regularly and without burdening their clients.

I use it to receive monthly payment for my services for about 30 of my clients and it makes my life and my clients lives easier. Yes, you pay a processing fee, but it is competitive and well worth that small fee to ensure that I get paid. Plus, it only takes me a few minutes to receive payment from all those clients.

There are some elements of Square that are not as intuitive as they could be. Setting up a clients card on file can be tricky at times, especially if you use the web browser vs. the app. In general, use the app for EVERYTHING you do and you'll be fine.

The other issue I have sometimes is the checkout process. That times a bit of time to get used to and can feel clunky. This should be easier and I believe that Square will do their part to make the updates in time.

The final thing, and this is something that may not impact many people, but I use my headphones a lot. I have to be sure to remember to unplug/disconnect them before opening the Square app. If not, it thinks my headphones are the card reader and hits me with a very loud, old school fax machine connection type sound. A painful experience!

PayPal und Venmo

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Square Payments

I felt like Square was a more professional way of charging my clients. I also like how it allows me to set up a client and their card info and never have to mess with that again (unless they change cards). I actually use all of these others at times (PayPal, Venmo and Facebook money) and Square is the easiest to use, verify with a bank account ect.
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung

I Recommend Square to Everyone

Bewertet am 7.4.2021

First of all, I feel like Square listens to its customers and really wants to understand what features they need and how they need their software to work. They have forums and support and use the information acquired from this to improve their product features regularly.

Square is a really amazing credit card processing, payment gateway, invoicing, booking, and product inventory management option for small to medium size businesses. The value of everything they provide for your to help run your business, beyond just credit card processing, is unmatched. While you are getting a very competitive processing rate, they offer you all of these other tools to run your business mostly for free. They also integrate with 3rd party applications in case they are missing a feature you need. The booking capability alone is worth the credit card processing fees you're paying.

There are a few limitations to some of the applications they offer but it's hard to complain because they are free AND they are constantly listening to their customers to make improvements on those applications. They do charge more if you want to keep your customers credit card on file for automatic payment or recurring billing which in my opinion is counter intuitive and unfair to the businesses using them because technically it means more easily processed payments they are making money on and it's not costing them any extra to process a card already on file. You are basically paying extra for the convenience.

Brett
  • Branche: Unterhaltung

The Only Merchandise, Website, & Card Payment Manager You Will Ever Need

Bewertet am 3.4.2022

Square has satisfied all card processing, website management, inventory management, and merchandise marketing needs for us over the past 6 years wonderfully and will hopefully continue to be the main catalyst in our financial minimization and success as a touring/professional band moving forward!

As a user of Square for about 6 years now in managing my band’s merchandise, website sales, in-person sales, and all credit/debit card processing needs, I can honestly say that this is the best card processing software in today’s market. The fact that the card processing fees are as reasonable as they are with the card readers and entire web store being 100% free, makes Square the best value when compared to other alternatives. I recommend square almost daily to all my colleagues, business partners, and new fellow musicians I meet each week at home and on the road.

There are no cons about using square. I truly cannot even think of one thing I dislike about this software as everything from payments, processing, inventory management, to direct deposit, and even website management is on point at all times. Well done Square.

Big Cartel

Warum Square Payments gewählt wurde

Bandcamp was taking a pretty large cut of each merchandise sale and didn’t offer as many card processing options or ease of use during the year we used it. The Bandcamp website also didn’t compare to the quality and efficiency we instantly found within square’s website use!

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Square Payments

Much similar to bandcamp, bigcartel had more significant fees to take from each transaction as opposed to square and didn’t leave us with the visual website aesthetics that we were looking for either.
Christina
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Great for small business owners

Bewertet am 24.9.2023

Overall, my experience has been pretty good. It is a bit pricey but you do get a lot of features, even with the free version. I think Square is the best option for a small business who doesn't have a lot of negotiation power with other merchants.

Square payments is very easy to use and includes all compliance so you don't have to worry about doing PCI verifications. The ability to invoice clients is great and I love that it will automatically send reminders which saves me time. It integrates wonderfully with my patient charting/scheduling system so that I don't have to switch to the actual square dashboard and can do everything in one program.

I really disliked using the contactless card reader. It never had a stable connection to my phone and I was always having to manually enter credit card information (which Square charges more for). I have since purchased a terminal which I love but the hardware was quite pricey.

Clover

Warum Square Payments gewählt wurde

I switched because the user interface was more intuitive and I was able to integrate it into my existing programs.

Stripe
Lakita
  • Branche: Essen & Trinken
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Couldn't imagine using any other processor

Bewertet am 16.3.2020

We currently use square payments processing for 3 different locations and have always been able to get the assistance we needed. Recently, our developer was able to work with square to obtain access to their API for our new site. Square was helpful in giving us access for our site that allows pick up and delivery.

Ease of use, quick payment turn around, helpful support and integration with other software are just a few of the pros.

There was a recent rate increase that initially concerned me but I was able to find a satisfactory rate by working with my Square Account Manager.

Clover

PayPal Zettle

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Square Payments

Processing rates & ease of use, square was better.
Ericka
  • Branche: Tierarzt
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

They Hold Your Payments To Control You!

Bewertet am 2.1.2020

I am very unhappy. I felt violated and robbed by Square. My clients were upset and felt the same by my company not getting paid when they paid us for services.

Easy in person credit card payments from customers.

That you get no access to your payments when paid. Square keeps the payment paid to you for services by the customer at their decision.

PayPal Invoicing

Warum Square Payments gewählt wurde

I thought Square was modern and fair.

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Square Payments

It was modern and had a popular look and presentation. Customers first off felt safe in credit card payments.
Jyoti

Great Option for Small Businesses

Bewertet am 12.1.2020

Square Payments Processing has been great for my business. The majority of clients prefer to pay by credit or debit card and most have used Square at some point so are already familiar with it.

I really like that I can sell eGiftcards through the Square software so my clients can purchase via a link from my website without having to contact me. Also, that Square is compatible and completely integrated with my booking software (MassageBook).

The recent change in fees has been a bit confusing. I don't think overall there has been much of a change in what I'm paying, but I have had to pay more attention to the fee part of the transaction as it is no longer as straightforward as it previously was.

Trina
  • Branche: Bildende Kunst
  • Monatlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

So insanely easy, everyone should be using it

Bewertet am 30.6.2021

I enjoy it. I have written a few reviews for Square because I really want them to know that I enjoy their set up and I hope to see more of the same in the future. The small changes they have implemented over the years have been welcome adjustments as opposed to jarring overhauls of the entire system or their policies. I appreciate the simplicity of the applications and how much they've changed my professional life for the positive.

I have always sweated POS routines in the past, with complicated credit card machines and the dependency of having access to wifi. Square payments has allowed me to take cards on the go, when I'm out at a craft fair or farmers market. This has been a key game changer in my business which now allows me to increase my ability to take payments. I used to have to pay to have a wifi hotspot on a tablet so that I could charge for pay pal while at festivals. Yeesh. There are other ways to take payments and send invoices, but Square payments are very clean and to the point.

Sometimes my bluetooth POS hardware would lose connection from my phone, and it would take a few moments to reconnect. I don't know if that was the gadget's fault or my phones. But, it did quickly reconnect with just a little bit of fiddling- even with my customer standing there waiting. Still easier and quicker than any other app on the market right now.

Jay
  • Branche: Fotografie
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Taking payment is a breeze with Square, and the integrations are great!

Bewertet am 20.8.2019

Super easy to use, easy to process refunds and easy to see how you are doing (volume of business and sales averages) all due to some great reporting tools. We moved away simply because we thought we needed to find a real "business" processor -- turns out, Square is a legit business processor which zero mystery fees which makes it easier for us to predict revenue flow. Can be quite frustrating paying a high fee on the majority of your transactions, because the processor smacks you with the "reward card" designation on most transactions. Not an issue with Square, you see the rate and that is the rate you pay, no questions asked.

We have used many different payment solutions over the years. Most recently we have been using Authorize.net, and while they processed payments just fine, the system is super old and can be frustrating to use. Square is not so, rather they are super easy to use and grow with. Not having to jump through hoops each year to be recertified as PCI compliant (questionnaires and network scans on our end) is really a great bonus we never even knew about before temporarily moving away. We have obviously since moved back and cannot be happier.

For our photography studio, the biggest drawback was just the taking of the payments, it really didn't feel as professional as it could be when we had to use our phones for large client orders. That has since become an issue in the past as they have so many options now, including the new Square Terminal which we bought and love to death! So really, the biggest flaw we had, has been resolved.

Jon
  • Branche: Unternehmensberatung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Square Payments: Simplify Transactions and Grow Your Business

Bewertet am 27.5.2023

Square Payments offers a convenient and user-friendly payment processing solution that simplifies transactions for businesses of all sizes. The platform's intuitive interface and straightforward setup process make it easy to start accepting payments quickly. With its robust range of payment options, including in-person, online, and mobile payments, Square Payments accommodates various business models and customer preferences. The transparent and competitive pricing structure, coupled with quick deposits and access to funds, provides businesses with a reliable and efficient payment processing solution.

One potential drawback of Square Payments is the occasional need for additional hardware or accessories to fully utilize its capabilities. For certain features, such as contactless and chip card payments, businesses may need to purchase compatible card readers or terminals. While Square offers affordable hardware options, this additional cost may be a consideration for some businesses, especially those with limited budgets. Additionally, some users have reported occasional glitches or technical issues with the Square Payments app or card readers, which can cause minor disruptions during transactions.

Scott
Scott
  • Branche: Unterhaltung
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Square is the independent contractors gold standard for payment processing

Bewertet am 12.11.2019

Square is great. My customers have the option to pay with a credit card, and even understand that I will upcharge them the transaction fee. With some computer skills, you can make an online store work from your own site, or using one of their templates if you don't care how it looks. Bottom line is that Square gets the job done that needs to be done.

Setting up Square to accept payments through a device like an Ipad, phone, or laptop, through either swiping or manually entering information, is as easy as it gets. Highest marks for virtual terminal and checkout links, as well as snapshots of important information such as how much is the average a visitor spends, and how much is taken in for a given day. Best of all, payments to your account are very quick, with a fantastic option for instant transfer.

Hands down, the awful thing about Square, and the thing that could use the most improvement is the Online Store. It looks awful, isn't easy to customize, and takes a bit of knowhow to even get your product or event listed. I've used this for years and keep waiting for Square to make this something that has as much quality as the rest of their service. It doesn't look like they are interested. Also, merchant services through banks charge fees that the average small business owner can't justify.

Ware
  • Branche: Anwaltskanzlei

Money Management made easy

Bewertet am 17.5.2021

This software is exceptional for law office management.

This software is exceptional for law office management.

I was a partner in an establish defense firm when I went on my own and began to concentrate on plaintiffs employment law. In a big firm, cash management was done for me, but when you are on your own, that’s no going to happen. So I started taking credit and debit cards. The problem was that it was costly in time and expense. The rented machines were clumsy and credits had to be reconciled to the bank. I finally decided that it was costing me more to rent, reconcile, and train personnel that it was not worth it.

Along comes iPad in 2011. I went to an iPad for Business program at the Apple Store where I was introduced to Square. Every swipe was 35¢ and 2.75%, and it didn’t matter if it was a VISA or American Express which had been running me 4.5%.

Since then Square has gotten better and better. I generally have money in my account the next business day and if I agree to an additional 1% I can have it immediately. Square Capital extends credit as well.

The original hardware was free. Now for a chip reader, expect to pay less than $50. I have two. One for the office and the other I keep in my car.

Nikki
  • Branche: Medizinische Praxis
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Square was a game changer.

Bewertet am 28.3.2023

Square has removed all headaches from payment processing in our dental practice.

We previously used a merchant services company that integrated with our dental software. We were unhappy with the constant changes and upgrades needed to maintain functionality. Accessing reports was difficult and time consuming. Our fees were excessive so it was time for a change. Implementing Square was much easier than I anticipated. I was able to negotiate our fees based on the way payments were received in our office. I appreciate that the terminal is mobile so it can be shared between the reception area and the Manager's office. Reports are accessible on the terminal, but using the online dashboard is simple and streamlined as well.

Figuring out where to order paper/supplies was slightly difficult. It can be hard to figure out how to speak to live support.

Carman
  • Branche: Logistik & Lieferkette
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

The Easiest and Most Inclusive Mobile Payment Processor

Bewertet am 4.8.2022

Overall, Square Payments is my favorite electronic mobile payment processor that I have used so far. I have tried a few others that were either really expensive or just didn't have the features that I wanted.

I love that almost every feature available is on the app and that I don't have to worry about dragging around a laptop with me. I can manage my inventory and service options on the app, including adding product pictures and SKU numbers, if needed. I can send customers' invoices that have already been customized like it's nothing.
While the price isn't the absolute cheapest processing on the market, it's definitely close to the cheapest, which is always nice, especially when you already have pretty small profit margins.

There are some features that are offered that I wish did not cost extra money on a monthly basis. I think a payment plan that would make more sense would be that depending on how much business you do per month would "unlock" certain free features or something like that. That would allow for more versatility depending on your business size, instead of having to worry about an extra bill every month.

Palla
  • Branche: Computer-Software
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

A Comprehensive Look at the Payment Processing Platform

Bewertet am 26.12.2022

Square Payments provides support and resources for businesses, including documentation, training materials, and customer support, which can be helpful for those who have questions or issues. Square Payments integrates with a range of tools and platforms, including point-of-sale systems, ecommerce platforms, and accounting software, which can help businesses streamline their workflows.

Easy setup: Square Payments is easy to set up and start using, with no long-term contracts or setup fees.Multiple payment options: Square Payments supports a variety of payment options, including in-person payments through a card reader or terminal, online payments through a website or mobile app, and over-the-phone payments.Customization options: Square Payments allows businesses to customize their payment experience, including the ability to create custom invoices, set up recurring payments, and offer discounts or promotions.Integration options: Support and resources:

Fees: Square Payments charges fees for its payment processing services, which may not be suitable for all businesses.Limited international support: Square Payments is primarily available in the United States, Canada, Japan, and the United Kingdom, and may not be suitable for businesses in other countries. It also may not support all currencies or payment methods, which could be an issue for businesses that need to accept payments from international customers.

Alternative Payments