RotaCloud Erfahrungen

Fiona
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Rota Cloud admin user review

Bewertet am 28.12.2018

Positive, has helped these businesses manage rota's and staff working across multiple locations with variable hours, cloud-based platform is better as staff can access the rota at any time, from any internet enabled device

Easy to manage variable hours employee rota patterns
Simple absence recording tool for holidays, sick, etc
Holds personal data securely and safely on a cloud based platform, so mobile employees can access on any internet device, e.g. phone, I-pad, laptop, etc

Sometimes a bit sticky when entering rota's drop's down to wrong employee after click
Not easily customised but this is common with any SAAS cloud based platform
Not going to replace a fully integrated HR system to hold other records, e.g. appraisals etc

Diane

Rota Cloud for Heath Care Sector

Bewertet am 23.5.2023

Very good. Customer service is great but as we grow we would like weekend support as well. we are a 24/7 operation

Ease of implementation and ease of use. Very Very easy to use

Some areas are being developed. Would like to be able to put staff changes on in advance so they come into action on the specified date. At present have to sent a reminder in my calendar.Not able to control who picks up available shifts - so don't use this function. We have to consider skill mix in our rotas.We would like a HR option as well but cost is a factor - we are a charity.

Ellie
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

After using this product for many years

Bewertet am 11.4.2021

overall the experience is good. I have been a customer for many years

overall the experience is good. I have been a customer for many years

All staff details are in one place. staff are emailed rotas which makes it easier. Holiday requesting is also useful

Some of the other features are a bit clumsy to use. for example the uploading of recruitment documents. The budgeting add-on is confusing to use and not very clear to view. Maybe colouring certain blocks would help

Corin

Excellent Product

Bewertet am 18.6.2023

Great - staff starts and finishes, holiday accrual - vital. Ease of use. Just a really great product.

UK based- rapid response to queries. Very user friendly - extremely reliable. Employees can use it easily. Easy administrative function. Multiple sites and roles and staff can be managed.

Staff have to use 'Other Leave' for appt requests or shift swaps. Maybe a different tile? Not sure what. 'Request' - don't know

Aaron

Perfect for hospitality!!

Bewertet am 30.10.2023

overall perfect i even recommended it to our sister hotel rushton hall and they have the plan and already in process of starting it up.

holiday requests/ leave.

doing the rotas in general.

if rotacloud also had a finger print system that could link straight up with the cloud based rota would make it a complete system to use and make payroll huge, i do not like the clock in and out on mobile devices because sometime staff can get away with alot of things.

Alan

An excellent scheduling software

Bewertet am 22.9.2023

How easy it makes planning and publishing rotas along with the benefits for staff to be able to track their schedule and book time off.

As a manager I find the timesheet option is less intuitive to use.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

Planday

Gründe für den Wechsel zu RotaCloud

Kirsty
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Great platform for rota's

Bewertet am 26.9.2023

ease of acces to rota's, reduced the amount of print outs we were producing to distribute rota's to the whole team.

rotacloud makes scheduling employees incredibly easy, the inbuilt holiday function and hour tracking works fantastically.

There have been a few issues with the mobile app in the past, not running the same format for different operating systems.

Joanne
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use staff management software

Bewertet am 9.10.2023

Staff management is excellent. We'd struggle to complete staff management tasks now without the software and functionality of the software.

Good to be able to copy shifts forward to cover future weeks. Easy to swap staff from one shift or role to another.

Nothing to fault really, have looked at other software but RotaCloud continues to meet our needs.

Daryl

Integral to our business

Bewertet am 25.7.2023

Reliable and ease of use. It’s an integral part of our business. Nothing is too much trouble for customer services.

Ease of use and functionality. Amazing support from customer services

There is nothing I can think of adding to this question.

Greg

Brilliant

Bewertet am 14.8.2023

This software has made rota creating so much easier

This software has made rota creating so much easier

This software has made working out Rota management so much easier. It’s a game changer

There is nothing to dislike about Rotacloud

Charlie
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Not perfect, but pretty good

Bewertet am 4.9.2019

The cons I describe above are really small, and are 'enchancements' or dev requests more than problems. I could not run this business without RotaCloud!

Being online means I can create rotas at home or work, and the app means team can access their rotas in the way that's easiest for them. I like being able to copy a shift from one day/person to another, and being able to copy a week's shift from one week to another. The reporting is good also, enabling me to do payroll easily.

A few things are bit fiddly and could be improved.
1. having to change between publish mode and rota mode. it would be better to be able to publish a week with a button, or a right click for just one shift.
2. it is cumbersome having to create holidays in a different screen. it would be better to be able to do it from within the rota screen.
3. if I'm creating a rota for next week, and then navigate away to, say the holiday screen, when I go back to the rota screen it will go back to THIS week not the week I was editing. On more than one occasion I haven't spotted that and erroneously then edited THIS week instead!
4. it would be great to be able to include paid leave in the report so that I know to include that person's day in a pay run. At the moment, I have created a role of 'paid leave' so that their holiday hours get included in their hours for that week
5. I like being able to see how many shifts a person has for that week (ie in a row) but it would also be helpful to see how many shifts are logged for each day (ie in a column).

Hi Charlie,

Thanks for the feedback - I'm glad to hear that your experience with RotaCloud has been good so far.

You'll be pleased to hear that daily totals, which will include daily hours, costs and number of shifts, is coming very soon!

With regards to your other feedback, a member of the support team will be in touch directly to chat through further - a couple of the points you mentioned are already possible :)

Many thanks,
James

Dennis

Transformed our rota system

Bewertet am 28.11.2019

Prior to RotaCloud we used an excel paper copy of the rota. This was 'messy' and difficult to see exactly who was working what throughout the month. By the end of the month the paper version had numerous alterations as employees have time off through sickness or other personal issues / appointments. RotaCloud allows efficient changes to be made meaning any regulatory bodies looking at rotas have a clear and concise view of events.

Time has been saved as when shifts change the system notifies all employees of availability at the home. This means that we are no longer calling round all employees which had impacted on their down time. Employees have also embraced the system using this to pick up additional shifts where they are available.

Internal monitoring has improved as the management and HR team are now able to see 'real time' data of employees working patterns as well as any HR issues. The ability to add leave onto the system means creation of rotas is now more efficient with less mistakes made as well.

The ease of use of the system and the short amount of time that is required to set up. I was able to implement the system for our company within 1 day which included inputting of the rotas 4 weeks in advance.

Employees are now able to see their shifts at any time through the mobile app or browser and are able to see any shifts which need covering. The cost of the system pays for itself purely from an administration point of view as we do not need to call round all employees for availability.

There are different price structures for different features and from our point of view it would be easier to have one price for all access.

Alexandra
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Makes Rota Planning a Walk in the Park!

Bewertet am 1.11.2017

Saved hours of my week planning and making rota changes. Everyone always knows where they need to be and what they are doing. An operational gem.

Ease of use, for both myself and my staff. Love to be able to run reports to submit to my accountant.

No support at the weekend! I once was disconnected by accounts for a delay in paying a bill, and the whole company came to a halt, because although my payment was made, the system was not reset live until the following Monday and this created a proper operational disaster for us.

Hi Alexandra,

Thank you for your great review! We are really happy that you would recommend us to others.

In regards to weekend support, at present we are a small team at RotaCloud HQ, however we are growing quickly and weekend support is something that we wish to do in the future.

I would like to apologise for your account been suspended over the weekend. We understand your frustration, we are looking to tweak this, so that any billing queries are addressed during week day business hours.

I am glad that RotaCloud has saved you time and I hope that you are a RotaCloud customer for a long time to come!

Thanks

Martin

Clare
  • Branche: Einzelhandel
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Very handy app. Love having all the information I need all in one place and super easy to use

Bewertet am 23.2.2018

Having all the information all in one place makes everything so easy. It has completely cut the time it take to do a rota, the lay out makes it all so straight forward. I use the staff more efficiently, instead of having 6 staff on in one day where they are not needed or not having enough staff for a day. I have been able to move them around to times when they are needed because the layout makes it very clear who is on and who you need.

Whenever I need help or have a question one of the lads will reply more or less straight away, they talk me through what I need to do.
Its great not having to go through diaries or spreadsheets trying to figure out when people are on holidays , with one click I have all the employee holidays in front of me.
I never go over my hours limit, it adds it up for me itself which saves the company I work for money.
It used to take me roughly a full day if not longer to change peoples hours around and have it all right. Then insure that all staff knew when they were working, now all they have to do is check the app once they have been notified by the app itself.
It really is a great app, and it really helped me out when I took on role of manager, I was looking for an easier way to do the rotas as it was taking to much time the way the previous manager had been doing it. I came across the app online 3 months into my role and that was over a year ago now and all the staff much prefer it this way. Its quick easy and to the point.

Dominic
  • Branche: Essen & Trinken
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Invaluable tool for flexible rotas

Bewertet am 30.3.2019

RotaCloud have been great to deal with. They have great documentation, and on the rare occasion we have needed support, it has been brilliant; fast and effective.

With a mix of full time, part time and seasonal staff working across 3 locations, preparing rotas was a nightmare. Rota Cloud makes this so much easier, faster and more accurate. It is incredibly flexible and easy to use and we can prepare in minutes, making sure the rotas are fair to staff, take account of holidays and other working restrictions, and monitor our labour costs as we do so.

There are some additionas we know are on the product road map we would like to see sooner, especially a daily hours total on the weekly rotas which would help us check we have the coverage we need, and a lock on current and old rotas to prevent accidental changes. However, there is virtually nothing we don't like about it.

kathryn
  • Branche: Unterhaltung

Works brilliantly for us

Bewertet am 17.1.2022

The whole are incredible supportive, there is a brilliant online chat function. Any problems we've had they've dealt with so quickly & are friendly with it too. Nothing is too much trouble.

Its really user friendly for both employees & admins. We're a huge fan of being able to add notes to employees shifts, it's handy for keeping staff in the loop. The reports make it easy to monitor the amount of hours staff are doing. For us the best thing is being able to have separate departmental rotas but them being available for other departments to see.

There are a couple of features that you can't access from the app or a webpage on your phone (eg the reports on staff hours) but that's only a really minor thing all works fine from a computer or tablet.

Wendy
  • Branche: Restaurants
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Does what it says on the tin!

Bewertet am 9.4.2020

Generally - take time to set it up - you will reap the rewards, the first couple of payroll took time as we had to double check everything - now we're flying! Saves a lot of time, is accurate, and very very easy to use.

I like the control our staff have over their shifts, and hours. I also like that we retain control and have very easy to use functions. Visuals to see daily, weekly etc exactly what your spend is per person, per day etc Excellent reporting, no longer doing things retrospectively when you have a higher wage bill than you can expected!! We are a very busy pub/restaurant staff can swop shifts, even between roles if we allocate this. Very easy to use - worth taking time to set up.

Sometimes it's not 100% clear how to set things up, most of the time it's really easy, but sometimes it's a little thing you have missed, however use the online chat - never failed to help! Really pleasant and helpful, even when some of our staff struggle with new technology - they have all managed easily.

Iain
  • Branche: Kunst & Handwerk
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Has made life much easier

Bewertet am 30.11.2018

It's made making rotas much faster, and means that all staff are able to look at their shifts easily, on the go using the app if they have smart phones. They're always quick to repsond on their chat function, and not just to managers, to all staff, which has cut a lot of the work out for me as a line manager. Thanks!

Very easy to click and drag shifts around, to copy weeks, to keep an eye on staff costs wages, and cuts out the middleman in terms of staff being able to organise their own shift cover, with it being signed off by a manager.

Currently there's not an option to store template weeks, but I know from their recent FAQ page that it's something RotaCloud are considering. Sometimes the app seems to show an out of date staff list which has made it tricky for people to swap shifts directly form the app. Overall, nothing big.

Lee
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

The staff are always on hand to help with any issues.

Bewertet am 30.10.2017

Improves communication across the work place.

Improves communication across the work place.

That the staff have apps that can let them know what days and hours they are down to work and any changes are sent to them instantly and has improved the communication within the work place.

Not having an undo or back button. At times I get interrupted during writing the staff rota and have dropped shifts on the wrong staff or deleted a shift by mistake. this is not a huge issue as I send the guys a message and they will undo this for me within 10 min.

Hi Lee,

Thank you for your great review, we always value customer feedback and your opinion is important to us.

In regards to your request for an undo or back button, we are constantly looking to make improvements to RotaCloud and have an extensive roadmap for development in 2018, so watch this space!

Thanks

Martin

Charlotte

Excellent for our business

Bewertet am 6.11.2020

Works perfectly for all areas of our business. Team love the online cloud based rota and app. Love that all Rota’s for all departments are visable easily and hours calculated. It works well with PeopleHR and pulls through holiday and other areas for absence to manage our business and salary’s well.

None really that I can think of. Software is very easy to use and functionality works at very basic level or if you are wanting to use RotaCloud to maximise all its capabilities (which we certainly don’t) would be very easy too.

Jonathan
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

User friendly & useful rota/time recording software

Bewertet am 7.11.2022

Brilliant. We have seen RotaCloud grow and constantly improve with new features. Rotacloud remains simple to use and as our go to rota/time keeping software.

Very adaptable to our working patterns across the whole business. Provides instant transparency of hours, shifts, holidays and reports to both administration and our team.

Be useful to have budget forecasts split between teams, so easier to manage at a smaller local level within one physical location.

Lisa
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

A great system with easy to use functions and fast customer service

Bewertet am 10.10.2023

REally good experience, low cost, easy to use and fast customer service.

REally good experience, low cost, easy to use and fast customer service.

All the features are easy to use, nothing is over complicated. The customer service is really fast and problems are solved usually within a matter of minutes

Just a few extra features to be added to the reporting like having the sublocations listed so I don;t have to manually search to find out where someone works.

James

RotaCloud really helped us keep track of our multiple stores rotas and holiday allowances

Bewertet am 24.10.2017

Really easy to use, loads of features (we don't use all of them but good to know they are there), great visibility of the whole company's rotas and holiday position. Brilliant and quick to obtain reports. The team at RotaCloud are really responsive so whenever I have had question or issues that have helped us out really quickly. We have made suggestions for improvement, they really take that on board and try to implement these if they can.

Not much - maybe some more control over shift lengths and break lengths that are allowed.
Perhaps more support for holiday allowance on part time staff with varying hours.

Lynne
  • Branche: Einzelhandel
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use, all the staff can log in to see the rota.

Bewertet am 30.1.2018

It is easy to use, to allocate rotas to 3 different places and 20 staff.
Each staff members details, how much leave they have, which branch they work in, what time slots they have to work, how much holiday they have left. It clearly shows who is working or is on a day off or on holiday. My staff like it.

The staff can ask to change shifts, i would like to be able to message the staff and ask them if they can change shifts.

Micheala
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Dental Agency use - Great product

Bewertet am 15.1.2022

Very Very good support with online support. Very quick to get back to you if a problem. Always asking for feedback and trying to add to package with new things to help business.

It is such a helpful software system. I used to use a paper diary as I couldn't afford to trust using Google diary. It's a very clever system and reasonably priced. I don't need the payroll bit just timesheet and rota's but it works very well for me.

Unable to get a signed timesheet on it but that is about it.
I run a Dental Nurse Agency which 'employs' Dental nurses on a self employed basis. So I don't need payroll.