Katana MRP

4,9
98% haben diese Anwendung empfohlen
Gaz R.
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

I learned this product by using it; few hints from the online help. I decided on day one to keep it

Bewertet am 28.6.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I can now run my business without spreadsheet hell. I can actually make more product. This is not an exaggeration. I was stressed before using this software. I actually could not work out what I needed to order to satisfy our production demands.

It answers my questions easily, what purchase orders do I need to make to satisfy the orders I have coming in. What should I work on next and when will it be ready for the customer! I can see delays in deliveries and the effect on production. It manages very complex bill of materials for our vast number of products. and it does so with a user experience that is simple and easy.

Where there has been anything I didn't like about the software, I chat instantly to the development team and they listen, they come back to me with an instant work around; then in the longer term they have provided updates that fix the problem. They are an adorable bunch of people and really want to make this work for our busy little workshop.

Antwort von Katana MRP

Thank you Gaz for all the support!

Chris P.
Branche: Erneuerbare Energien & Umwelt
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Most affordable MRP system for small manufacturers

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Katana has been extremely responsive with receiving feedback on the product and working in product improvements based on that feedback. There have already been multiple issues I had with the product early on that they have reacted to feedback on and implemented changes. Great customer service.

I love the value. We were stuck using excel to manage our inventory for a long time because there were no affordable options until Katana came along. I am able to maintain accurate stock levels much more easily now.

There are a few minor inconveniences that are small time wasters. One example is not being able to shift/ctrl click multiple items and drag them around as a group when reorganizing priority rank of manufacturing orders. Since we have multilevel subassemblies I spend more time dragging around manufacturing orders to organize the order I want them completed in and I could save some time if I could drag items around as a group.

Antwort von Katana MRP

Chris, thank you for sharing your experience with Katana!

Elle R.
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Cannot recommend this app enough

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Honestly has changed my life for the better. I'm no longer running out of supplies and having to do emergency orders (hello, extra shipping fees!). This keeps me organized and helps me to better my time management. I can see every open order that I need to fulfill and planning out supply orders is a breeze. I've recommended this app to every other maker I know because I am that in love with it. I'll use this app for the rest of my life because it is the best thing that's happened to my business in a long time.

This software legitimately changed the way my business runs. It keeps me accountable for the hundreds of supplies I use on a daily basis and keeps me organized in a way that no lists, or other apps, ever have.

I can honestly say nothing, this app works so seamlessly and wonderfully. Maybe the load speeds can be a little laggy, but that's mostly because I have a lot of materials I've input. Definitely not an app downfall or issue at all.

Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

I dont understand all the great reviews

Weitere für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt
Bewertet am 5.9.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: GetApp

The interface is intuitive. The pricing seems okay.

This software is seriously lacking features. For all those who wrote reviews saying they love the software, I want to know what industry they work in and how they use the app. It doesnt offer very basic features. You can't bulk edit, you literally need to upload an excel sheet if you want to change several products. There are no images for your products. How does it not support images? This is basic database stuff. And currently, you can only manufacture items from one location! Who's rating this software as great?!

Antwort von Katana MRP

As a fast growing software, we understand the concerns you have with Katana. At our current development speed, all of the mentioned lacking features are made available by the end of this year. Hope you will give us another chance!

Weiterempfehlungsquote: 2.0/10

Brandon K.
Branche: Unterhaltungselektronik
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Perfect for where we're at right now

Bewertet am 9.2.2020
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

We chose Katana after trying out a couple different MRP's which were either overly complex, over-priced, or didn't fit our needs. We've stuck with Katana based on it's ease-of-use, intuitive design, and delivery of everything we need it to do.

It's great to be able to log in on any computer without having to install software, and it's done an amazing job of keeping our inventory tidy and up-to-date. The Purchase Order generator has also made us look very professional to our suppliers. The integration with Shopify is also a huge plus to us as it prevents us from having to manually transfer Shopify orders and automatically removes all parts from the BOM from our inventory. Highly recommended!

There aren't many, if any things we've come up against yet that Katana didn't support.

Danny D.
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Great alternative MRP to its expensive competitors

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Katana has completely solved our supply line issues and it is an amazing tool that enables you to visualize production issues and bottlenecks.

I love graphical representation and its ease of use. It took less than a week to get my company up and running. Katana has been a fantastic MRP that has been able to grow with us. They have added some important updates that have made its daily operation even easier. All things considered Katana was a great choice for my company!

Sometimes it slows in operation which is mildly annoying. This could probably be fixed with some more servers in our geographic region.

Kelsey K.
Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness

Lifechanging

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

We make to order and we make to stock. We make standardized products and we also make private label custom products. Katana is the first platform I have found that supports what we do while also being affordable for a new business.

Katana delivers a lot of value. It fully covers my MRP needs while being affordable to a scaling business.

I would also like an option to dropship the products that I make for clients and I don't see a way to do that.

Cecilia V.

Katana Make Production Visible

Monatlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt
Bewertet am 15.5.2020
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

It has been a very positive experience, putting joy in my work.

I love this software because of the ease of use and the workflow methodology. The drill down ability for stock and manufactured items are great. We have managed to get a lot more information on staff productivity through exporting complete manufacture orders data and reporting. I also love it that support is real and that I now know some of the team personally. They answer queries fast and efficiently.

All the current issues I have are in development.
For example:
1. Adding landing costs to purchase order items
2. Multi Currency
3. Back Order information

Branche: Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen

Great Inventory Software

Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Knowing the real numbers of what I have in stock, what I need to order, how much it will cost me, and how much profit I will accrue is essential for making it to next year. In Katana, these figures are easy to find and keep up with. If I have a question, support is quick to respond and helpful. They are a great company to deal with!

The simple progression from Items to Buy, Make, and Stock to Sell makes it easy for me to maintain best practices in tracking my inventory. The flexibility in making stock adjustments made transitioning easy from confusions in my previous software into an ongoing accounting of what I have. Likewise, integrating with Shopify and Quicken was seamless.

A more complete inclusion of customer information from Shopify would be useful.

Lisa C.
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Met our needs at beginning, as needs grew Katana team listened and added features

Bewertet am 6.2.2020
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

We maintain about 1500-2000 SKUS and all assemblers work at home. Some do different steps, returning work weekly and then having it distributed to the next person. Giving every MO an actual number has kept every bag of parts and supplies organized. We can track who has it, where it's at in the manufacturing process, etc. Even though we have used Katana since January, it's the last 3 months that it's really proven it's value to us.

We do not use it for order fulfillment, just in-house manufacturing. But it's allowed us to prep for holiday season from July forward and stay completely organized and efficient. No more "where-did-it-go" or "how-many-have-we-prepped" frantic moments. We began the year knowing we needed a software that "fit" our company's size and our needs. Katana has proven invaluable for our company this year. We are currently doing our first complete inventory and we hope to add these numbers to Katana in 2020 and continue to improve our efficiency.

The ability to use Resources as a way to assign a specific person to each task so I can see who is working on what step of the manufacturing process and the allotted time they are provided for the task. This year we went from contract labor/paid-per-piece to employees/hourly-wage and Katana has made this a much smoother transition then it could have been. Having both "cost-per-piece" for assembly of items as well as "cost-per-minute" has given us the ability to compare former payment procedures with what to expect per hour from employees.

There are a variety of tasks that were unable to be done when we began using Katana in January 2019 but I am thrilled to say that most of them have been developed. The developers listen and are very attentive to requests, bug reports, and ideas and so despite the fact that some of the features were not available (exporting reports, importing recipes, bulk print MOs/pick lists, etc.) they have added these and the software continues to grow. The next feature I'd love to see is the ability to have a product photo attached to each product that prints out an image with the MO.

Also, we have some items "on hold" (not sent to distribution center yet) and we use Resources to specify ONHOLD-BIN221 etc. to know the status of any particular SKU completed. We'd prefer not to use different locations, but rather have the ability to add a couple more "status" options. Either a misc or a custom. For now, everything on hold gets marked BLOCKED status and then the Resource is used to say it's on hold in whatever bin.

Antwort von Katana MRP

Thank you for very thorough feedback! Love to have you growing with us!

Ellowyn I.
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Great choice for small manufacturer

Bewertet am 6.9.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I tried several different MRPs before settling with Katana. Some were too clunky, others too expensive, complicated and elaborate. I felt a bit like Goldilocks. Katana was just right. Reasonably priced. Integrating with Quickbooks and Shopify was simple and efficient. The set up was fast. I no longer have to duplicate data entry onto multiple systems. This saves me times and I don't lose track of orders or inventory. I especially like the instant chat feature with their customer service reps. I can leave a quick message or screenshot of a problem and within a day or so, I have a response back and my problem resolved. No need to hire an expensive consultant, anyone could set up Katana and run it.

Very simple user-interface
Was able to set it up quickly and efficiently
Continual feature upgrades
Simple integration with Shopify & QuickBooks
Very responsive customer service
Detailed, but not overwhelming

The upload from Excel was clunky and not helpful. It was faster to just enter in the data directly.
There are features I look forward to having but that are not currently available. I know their team will be releasing them in the next year.

Joshua P.
Branche: Lagerung
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

The best for small manufacturing

Bewertet am 19.5.2020
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

KatanaMRP has really helped me know what to order, and when to order it, as well as plan what comes next in manufacturing. It even lets me add time to tasks in production so I can monetarily make sure employees are being efficient enough for my company to remain profitable.

Definitely recommend. I wish I would have found them sooner.

Sometimes the app logs me out and I have to put the information in twice.

Danielle D.
Branche: Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen

Helped Us Take Our Business to the Next Level

Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt
Bewertet am 27.1.2020
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Clean interface, well organized and thought out and modern in its features. Integrates well with lots of other software I use, including Quickbooks and Shopify. Customer service is absolutely top notch, and the tutorials are very helpful.

If you have zero experience with MRPs like I did, it may take you a little while to figure everything out. But the customer service team really goes above and beyond to answer any questions and walk you through anything you're having issues with. If there was one feature I wish was available that is not currently, it's barcode scanner integration. That would make updating my inventory and adding new knives to inventory much easier.

Antwort von Katana MRP

Thank you for the review and support! We are surely working on enabling barcode scanning soon.

Shawn L.
Branche: Lebensmittelproduktion

Inventory and Sales Simplified

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Excellent. Everything about using Katana has been great. The team there walked me through the product and helped me set it up. They answer questions quickly and personally. The product is as-described and thoroughly game-changing for my business. There is strong value, we have much less waste and mistakes in our ordering now.

I love the deep inventory tracking and that it feels like a modern app. Inventory software is typically painful to use, and Katana is a breeze. I love that Shopify sales are automatically imported and function live with Shopify, so when you fulfil an order in Shopify it automatically fulfils it in Katana. The Quickbooks integration makes generating invoices simple. You only have to do things once when you use Katana, there's no need to fill in the same info in different services over and over. Tracking inventory in Katana in multiple locations, and being able to include the ingredients of each product in the tracking is also a plus.

When creating purchase orders, it can generate a Bill in Quickbooks. This is helpful, however I'd love to be able to create a Purchase Order in QB so that I can simply track them all.

Antwort von Katana MRP

Glad to hear your feedback on Katana! Let's keep on growing together!

Kyle K.
Branche: Luxusgüter & Schmuck

Streamline Any Business With KATANA

Bewertet am 5.9.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

The customer service is honestly the best customer service I have ever experienced. They are quick to respond, clear at explaining, very knowledgeable of the software, and great to work with. Rep even made me videos walking me through the parts of the process that were hanging me up.

The ability to streamline production, inventory and invoicing is a huge time saver and really helps with organization. I feel it is a great value for the money that you are spending and it

There is quite a bit of setup to get everything up and running and everything really functions together. This is not Katana's fault and they really have made it easy. Once everything (materials, products, production recipes) are set up, it runs like a charm.

Antwort von Katana MRP

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience!

Andrew D.
Branche: Chemikalien

A nessecary tool

Bewertet am 31.1.2020
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Mainly we have had a good experience, the system is updated to try and make it fit every company model.
It has helped me monitor our business and stock levels closely, you just have to make sure it is kept up to date so that it accurately reflects your current stock levels.

Helps keep track of work stock if used correctly.

Updated regulary. We had an issue where there was not enough decimal places for us to input our formulas, we raised this issue and within a month it was fixed.

Allows me to quickly find out a customers purchasing history and the percentage profit made per product

My only issue is that it is slightly expensive for a small company.

David B.
Branche: Automotive

Katana for manufacturing

Bewertet am 12.11.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Lots of potential Katana, it a emerging system sure it doesn't have the xero integration in play atm but like my own business Katana is also growing so I like that I have partner with a operating system that going through similar growing pains as we are.

if you have a manufacturing process you wish to have better control of I recommend exploring this system.

I have been operating my business using excel, xero, monday.com and email. After searching for a system that could centralise my focus I came across Katana which in essence consolidates all the previous mentioned systems into one interface which saves me a tonne of time.

secondly the customer support, I have had a lengthy skype call with Hannes who is a founder of Katana where by he provided a demo session of how the software will be suitable for my business needs. I really valued to the bespoke service which ensured I got off to the right start.

The intergration to Xero is in development but this has been the most noteable con to date, that said Katana is working on this and it should be available shortly

Antwort von Katana MRP

Thank you David for sharing your experience we are happy to grow with you!

Lucille S.
Branche: Kosmetik
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

A must for any manufacturing startup

Bewertet am 24.9.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Katana has been an absolute game changer for our cosmetics manufacturing business. Prior to this, we were using an inventory management system more suited to home crafters. It was woefully inadequate for our needs, but traditional MPR software was too complicated and expensive. Katana offers the perfect balance between powerful, seamless tracking and a user-friendly interface. It saves us hours of planning time each week and has greatly reduced errors. There's no way we'd be able to scale our quickly-growing business without this software.

Intuitive, user-friendly interface and powerful, seamless inventory tracking.

We don't like the per-user pricing model.

Antwort von Katana MRP

Thank you for showing the love!

Alexander A.
Branche: Druck
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Perfect choice for small manufacturing company

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

We are a starting up printing company which has been looking for a fast learning curve solution to manage our manufacturing and supply chain data. Katana turned out to be a perfect match for us.

+ Simplicity. Probably most intuitive specialized software I've used.
+ Price structure. Very affordable for us.
+ Customer support.

- Lack of some "nice to have features". But, it's another side of simplicity and affordability, right?

Antwort von Katana MRP

Thank you for sharing your experience with Katana!

Alejandro R.
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

The software we've been searching for!

Täglich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt
Bewertet am 9.10.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Katana makes it easy to take our manufacturing to a new level by adding structure that will end up saving time and ultimately saving money.

Easy to use, flows and clear path to implementation.

Would like to see Multi-languages and currency options.

Julie M.
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Easy to use, helps tremendously with inventory management.

Bewertet am 22.1.2020
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Inventory management, orders, sales, everything in general.

The dashboard is simple to understand and use. It makes purchases, sells, orders so much easier to manage. The team behind Katana is exceptional. They are quick to answer and always ready to help. Integration from shopify was easy.

The length of time it took to setup in the beginning because the app was lacking a unit conversion which they have since fixed.

Antwort von Katana MRP

THank you for the feedback and happy to hear Katana has made business-life so much more easier for you!

Zach S.

Incredible product and support

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

We tried several ERP systems for our manufacturing business without a lot of luck. Katana, without question, is one of the best and more affordable options we've come across. Coupled with their incredible support, we wouldn't recommend anything else.

While they're super responsive to feature requests, Katana doesn't include an API or Hook.

Antwort von Katana MRP

Thank you for your review! We will be working on opening an API very soon.

Zach D.

Great Value for Small Manufacturing Businesses

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

The overall experience has been a positive one. It does well what is promised, and the support team is helpful while also listening to feedback for future improvements.

The price makes Katana most attractive. It is also intuitive to set up and use. Katana also provided helpful onboarding assistance.

The software is a bit limited with respect to features for or customization of PO's.

Antwort von Katana MRP

Thank you for reviewing Katana!

Valentina U.
Branche: Lebensmittelproduktion

Katana

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

It's been really helpful to keep track of our production and inventory. Once was very useful to check out margins considering operation, but this info got confused at some point, so we are trying to resolve it so we can once again trust what appears on the software.

It's really easy to setup and use. It gives you just the right information about your products and the automatization of any changes you make in processes is very useful and convenient.

I've encounter a lot of bugs that are quickly fixed, but interfere with projects and daily work. The margins and costs info is a little untrustworthy and hard to read when looking for errors.
The software doesn't consider quantity of people actually making the production, only hours, so if we work with extra hands is really hard to setup time lines for our weekly throughout.

Antwort von Katana MRP

Thank you for the feedback! I can assure we are constantly working on having less errors on daily basis!

Winston D.

Katana

Monatlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt
Bewertet am 23.1.2020
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Katana have changed how we look at our stock management as well as our manufacturing.
A lot of the small important things were neglected in the past like wastage management. We can know give the subcontractor near accurate qty's and amounts of what was wasted on a batch.
Overall visibillity of the stock as well as the manufacturing process have improved.
We are very happy with the overall functionality of Katana.

The fact that Katana is always available and so easy to navigate with saves time.
Our requests for new features like back order handling, serial number tracking and multi currency and warehousing some of them already implemented and some coming soon.
The fact that we response fairly quickly on questions that we have submitted.

It was probably moving over from a well known package like Pastel Evolution to something not familiar to me; but the transition was seamless.

Antwort von Katana MRP

Happy to hear your feedback and that the transition has gone well!