Katana Cloud Inventory Erfahrungen

• Branche: Essen & Trinken
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

KAtana manufacturing Erp

Bewertet am 11.3.2023

KAtana manufacturing Erp is a solid choice for small and medium sized business looking for a user-fried and Integrated solutions for their manufacturing process

One of the key benefits of katana manufacturing Erp is it's user-friendly interface. The platform is easy to navigate drag and drop functionality allows for a simplified production planning process.The platform offers real-time inventory tracking, allowing business to track the stock levels of their materials and profuct.Integration of platform of e-commerce

Some users have reported issue with the accuracy of the platform inventory management system, particularly during inventoryrreconciliation. The platform Mey not be useful for complex manufacturing process

ELLOWYN
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Great choice for small manufacturer

Bewertet am 6.9.2019

I tried several different MRPs before settling with Katana. Some were too clunky, others too expensive, complicated and elaborate. I felt a bit like Goldilocks. Katana was just right. Reasonably priced. Integrating with Quickbooks and Shopify was simple and efficient. The set up was fast. I no longer have to duplicate data entry onto multiple systems. This saves me times and I don't lose track of orders or inventory. I especially like the instant chat feature with their customer service reps. I can leave a quick message or screenshot of a problem and within a day or so, I have a response back and my problem resolved. No need to hire an expensive consultant, anyone could set up Katana and run it.

Very simple user-interface
Was able to set it up quickly and efficiently
Continual feature upgrades
Simple integration with Shopify & QuickBooks
Very responsive customer service
Detailed, but not overwhelming

The upload from Excel was clunky and not helpful. It was faster to just enter in the data directly.
There are features I look forward to having but that are not currently available. I know their team will be releasing them in the next year.

ERPAG

Warum Katana Cloud Inventory gewählt wurde

Odoo is a beautiful all-in-one platform that seemed to be the perfect solution to tying my entire business together. However, it doesn't "play" well with Shopify and social media platforms which both are essential to my business. Any customization requires an extra fee each month plus the cost of the custom 3rd party app. Set up was complicated and when I needed help, I was pressed to pay $10k for a customer service package. For a small business, that's a lot to shell out. If I were a large company and could pay to have it all set up and administered correctly, I'm sure Odoo would be an excellent choice. But for a one-woman show, it was just too much to juggle.

Odoo

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Katana Cloud Inventory

Erpag was about the same price at the time and had a few extra features that I liked (barcode integration for example), but the user interface was just really clunky. It reminded me a lot of my days in 90's Windows. Lots of tabs and block colors. When I added a demo set of data in, it didn't seem too difficult to use, but it just wasn't intuitive to me.

Antwort von Katana Cloud Inventory

Thank you for the feedback!

Chris
  • Branche: Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Scrappy startup quality at enterprise rates

Bewertet am 12.2.2024

Now at the money grabbing stage before they implode, would be my guess.

Clunky at the best of...

Now at the money grabbing stage before they implode, would be my guess.

Clunky at the best of times. We put up with quirks, bugs that were never going to get fixed and general major omissions (like lack of back up and undo)

This company is being run like it's an open source "best effort" outfit, but charging premium monthly rates for a software that feels barely out of beta.

Given how central MRP/ERP/etc is to our business, we will be looking for a different provider asap, as none of this inspires trust in what should be a long term partner

The user interface is pretty and nice to use, mostly
The concepts of scheduling and general "idea" behind the katana system are good

The endless bugs and now pricing issues. No backup, no undo, and again, lots of bugs.

We regularly have to contact support with issues in their system. Most of the time the response is "oh we'll put it on our voting system, if it gets votes we'll fix it", which really is not what I expect from a system that costs several hundred dollars a month, before addons and users.

To be perfectly honest, we were making do - the pros of not having to build this kind of system ourselves outweighed the cons. That has now changed.

What triggered this review is that they doubled the price of our plan, turned off a number of features we were using to run our business operations, and charged us for "add-ons" all without warning. We did get sent an email, warning us of an upcoming change in billing (note this email was sent 28 days before the change...). That email said someone would reach out to us to discuss transitioning. That did not happen, and instead they just turned things off and billed our card for add-ons we never agreed to.

Forced onboarding (billable of course) with an "expert" is a bit of a joke

Antwort von Katana Cloud Inventory

We want to clarify that our decision to adjust pricing and service features was not made lightly. This move aims to ensure the sustainability of our service and the continuous development of features that meet our customers' needs. Our pricing model is designed to reflect the value we’ve built and continue to build, as well as the comprehensive support we provide.
Regarding the issues you've encountered with bugs and the lack of certain functionalities such as backup and undo options, please know that we are constantly working to enhance our platform, it improves week by week — sometimes visibly, and sometimes in the back-end.
Please know that we are here to support you through this transition and would welcome any further dialogue to address your concerns directly at support@katanamrp.com. Our goal has always been and will continue to be, to serve as a reliable and innovative partner to businesses like yours.

Kurt @ Katana

Paul

Very Useful

Bewertet am 22.3.2021

The overall experience has been excellent so far. Katana has helped us transition away from using spreadsheets to track our manufacturing operations and really professionalise our processes. It's an integral part of our everyday operations.

Katana has multiple features which have very useful in improving our manufacturing processes. The ability to create recipes for each product has been a huge help for us as we have quite a lot of raw materials in each finished product.

The Shop Floor app has been brilliant for us to track production/assembly time more accurately. This has been a great help in pinpointing an accurate cost per unit.

The only aspect that hasn't met our expectations so far has been the batch tracking feature. This is an excellent feature and one that would be so helpful for us. However, we need it to work automatically with our Shopify orders and at the moment sales orders can only be attributed to particular batches if you fulfil them on the Katana dashboard. We need this to happen automatically when our Shopify orders are fulfilled.

Cin7 Core

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Katana Cloud Inventory

Katana was much more suited to our needs in terms of the receipt creation features for each product. The interface was also much simpler than the alternative products we considered.
Dennis
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Exactly What Our Growing Business Needed.

Bewertet am 15.6.2021

So far, we are really liking hoe easy it was to setup and get running. The inventory management has improved the flow and processes in our company for the better.

Ease of use, support, inventory management features, able to create builds/recipes for products (BOM), ability to upload data using Excel, integration with Quickbooks Online

Cost, certain features do not make sense in the implementation.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Katana Cloud Inventory

Ease of use and the features. And it looks good.
Samantha

Highly Recommend!

Bewertet am 16.12.2020

We love it. We use this app to help with our growing business. It has made it so easy to keep up with reordering and be able to manage inventory between two stores! The Katana team makes it so easy to use and offer a lot of help! Highly recommend!

Easy Implementation
Customer Service
Reorder Options

I wouldn't say this is a con- but we are really excited for the bar code scanning option they plan to roll out in 2021!

Antwort von Katana Cloud Inventory

Thank you for your review! We are excited to have you as a customer.

Kelsey
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness

Lifechanging

Bewertet am 14.5.2020

We make to order and we make to stock. We make standardized products and we also make private label custom products. Katana is the first platform I have found that supports what we do while also being affordable for a new business.

Katana delivers a lot of value. It fully covers my MRP needs while being affordable to a scaling business.

I would also like an option to dropship the products that I make for clients and I don't see a way to do that.

QuickBooks eCommerce und Zendesk Suite

Google Sheets

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Katana Cloud Inventory

Better functionality for custom made products. More affordable.

Antwort von Katana Cloud Inventory

Thank you for the feedback and support!

David

Just what I needed

Bewertet am 18.6.2020

Overall I have been very pleased. I know have a solid grasp of my inventory and am informed when I need to reorder materials. This has been a real game changer for my business and has allowed us to scale our manufacturing.

Katana integrates with my Shopify Site very easily and makes bundling products on my Shopify so much easier to track.

We also make candles and kits in house. Katana makes tracking inventory so much easier allowing me to know without guess or counting my materials how much of any particular object I can produce at any given time.

It would be nice if there were barcodes, but I hear feature is coming soon. It would also be nice if I sell out of an object that is apart of a bundle that it would then make the bundle unavailable on my shopify site. I believe this is also in the works.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Katana Cloud Inventory

The user interface was much more straight forward. It was robust and comprehensive without being overwhelming.

Antwort von Katana Cloud Inventory

Thank you for the review! Indeed, both mentioned features are on our roadmap.

Jocelyn
  • Branche: Kosmetik

The best app ever!

Bewertet am 19.2.2022

I love the simplicity of Katana and the ease of inventory management. This software has saved us so much time and offers way more than other products we looked into. For a small business with lots of moving parts and inventory to manage, Katana makes everything a breeze.

N/a, Katana meets and exceeds all our needs!

Odoo und Zoho Inventory

Warum Katana Cloud Inventory gewählt wurde

Zoho was consistently inaccurate and needed to to work with other Zoho products for full functionality.

Zoho Inventory

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Katana Cloud Inventory

Gave us everything that we needed.
Lisa
Lisa
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Met our needs at beginning, as needs grew Katana team listened and added features

Bewertet am 6.2.2020

We maintain about 1500-2000 SKUS and all assemblers work at home. Some do different steps, returning work weekly and then having it distributed to the next person. Giving every MO an actual number has kept every bag of parts and supplies organized. We can track who has it, where it's at in the manufacturing process, etc. Even though we have used Katana since January, it's the last 3 months that it's really proven it's value to us.

We do not use it for order fulfillment, just in-house manufacturing. But it's allowed us to prep for holiday season from July forward and stay completely organized and efficient. No more "where-did-it-go" or "how-many-have-we-prepped" frantic moments. We began the year knowing we needed a software that "fit" our company's size and our needs. Katana has proven invaluable for our company this year. We are currently doing our first complete inventory and we hope to add these numbers to Katana in 2020 and continue to improve our efficiency.

The ability to use Resources as a way to assign a specific person to each task so I can see who is working on what step of the manufacturing process and the allotted time they are provided for the task. This year we went from contract labor/paid-per-piece to employees/hourly-wage and Katana has made this a much smoother transition then it could have been. Having both "cost-per-piece" for assembly of items as well as "cost-per-minute" has given us the ability to compare former payment procedures with what to expect per hour from employees.

There are a variety of tasks that were unable to be done when we began using Katana in January 2019 but I am thrilled to say that most of them have been developed. The developers listen and are very attentive to requests, bug reports, and ideas and so despite the fact that some of the features were not available (exporting reports, importing recipes, bulk print MOs/pick lists, etc.) they have added these and the software continues to grow. The next feature I'd love to see is the ability to have a product photo attached to each product that prints out an image with the MO.

Also, we have some items "on hold" (not sent to distribution center yet) and we use Resources to specify ONHOLD-BIN221 etc. to know the status of any particular SKU completed. We'd prefer not to use different locations, but rather have the ability to add a couple more "status" options. Either a misc or a custom. For now, everything on hold gets marked BLOCKED status and then the Resource is used to say it's on hold in whatever bin.

Antwort von Katana Cloud Inventory

Thank you for very thorough feedback! Love to have you growing with us!

Gonzalo
  • Branche: Lebensmittelproduktion
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Very poor MRP overrated in reviews, with good service

Bewertet am 11.2.2023

Very easy to start. Lack of a lot of important functionalities by the time of use. Overpriced by the functions provided.

Customer Service and easy to use at the beginning

It appears to be that the designers and programmers have never worked in a company. *No discounts or price difeerentiation*Lack of point of sales*Very low scanning functionality*Not differentiated user rights*No history of document changes*Buggy

Odoo und Wherefour

Quickbooks Integration

Odoo

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Katana Cloud Inventory

Quickbooks Online integration, easy to use, (appear to be fake) good reviews
Mikaela

Intuitive and well designed

Bewertet am 22.3.2021

Katana has been an asset to our inventory management and production planning. Previously, we were using QuickBooks desktop to manage all inventory. Katana has streamlined our production planning and made it overall more efficient. We have not yet implemented tasks and assigned employees to certain builds, but we appreciate that there is room to grow as we continue to use the system. We continue to use QuickBooks desktop as a separate operating system for accounting purposes and can easily do journal entries to input inventory quantities. We are looking forward to the multi-currency platform Katana will hopefully have soon.

It is intuitive and easy to implement. I like that you can prioritize builds so if we are short on product I can customize which particular build for it to go to.

I wish we could add materials to sales orders. Sometimes we sell different parts and it would be nice to add those to a sales order.

Zach
  • Branche: Luxusgüter & Schmuck

Smooth Operator

Bewertet am 22.3.2021

It has been great, highly recommend for small to medium business. Very user friendly!

Katana has made our day to day business so much more fluid and stress free. It was easy to build out the product lines, upload product sku's and flip the switch on going live. Game changer!

On the production schedule front, hoping that the software will eventually lump all the tasks together, I have multiple consumers that order the same item, each order is its own line item instead of being lumped into a group, so our production team needs to scrub the tasks before production starts as to make sure they capture each item, as to not create redunancy in work.

Jason
  • Branche: Umweltdienstleistungen

Love the functionality!

Bewertet am 6.7.2021

This software is very user friendly compared to some other, more detailed programs.

I had some issue with the conversions during the product builds, so I am not sure if you could have multiple conversions for a product.

Lauren
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness

Love it!

Bewertet am 17.6.2021

We LOVE this app! We had to work out some kinks the in the beginning based on our needs but Katana's representatives were very helpful and we got it all figured out.

It's helped us streamline inventory management, manufacturing orders and inventory orders. Highly recommend!

It was a significantly more money than what we were paying with our old system but the extra money has been so worth it for us.

Alex
  • Branche: Möbel

A Thoughtful New Take on MRPs

Bewertet am 29.9.2023

This has been a very easy product to use - we came from a Netsuite operational backend but having a system that easily links to other products we use (Quickbooks, Shipping Platforms) was much easier to deploy.

The ease of use, as compared to larger MRP systems, helps keep the team on track.

There are some missing features - custom fields, tiered pricing, etc.

NetSuite

Ease of use, API integration
Kyle
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Great MRP tool, some flaws but very responsive and receptive customer service and dev team

Bewertet am 16.12.2020

Great MRP for small manufacturers. I find that Katana saves a lot of time and makes it easy to track inventory. Saves me many "counting" trips to different locations.

Super easy to use, pricing is more clear and streamlined than when we started. Support is great; not always the quickest but 1-2 days usually gets us a thorough and well covered answer to our questions. You can send them suggestions and they will tally in to their dev schedule. Saves a lot of time and nice to be able to access it from any computer.

There currently (2020) is no option to add fixed costs to POs. This makes tracking cost of inventory a little tougher. I also cannot edit PO templates. Having these features would make cost tracking and insurance claims easier. There is also no support for contractor per unit manufacturing but a simple way to get around this would be to set contractor tasks and payment by the hour and make each unit take 1 hour to finish. This does though make it difficult to track time if you need to track how long production will take. Fortunately we have a good idea of how long something will take without the help of Katana.

Antwort von Katana Cloud Inventory

Thank you for your feedback and glad to see you are getting value from Katana. We have also noted down your suggestions.

Michaela
  • Branche: Industrieautomation

Manufacturing superstar

Bewertet am 5.10.2021

We went over many manufacturing software, but Katana is the best so far.

We went over many manufacturing software, but Katana is the best so far.

- easiness of navigation and implementation
- support
- the colour coding

- not sure how to upload documents
- not being able to add multiple sale and purchase accounts
- not being able to ship partial sale orders

Fishbowl

Warum Katana Cloud Inventory gewählt wurde

too hard to navigate/ implement/ support etc

JobBOSS²

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Katana Cloud Inventory

overall feel and easiness of allocation
Callee
  • Branche: Großhandel
  • Täglich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

Great for small but growing handmade biz!

Bewertet am 26.5.2020

Just completed the free 14 day trial of Katana and have now begun a paid subscription. It took a few days and a bit of frustration to manually add all our products, ingredients, recipes, and current pending wholesale orders from outside of shopify, but having the shopify integration helped a lot. We use three different wholesale platforms (Faire, tundra & Abound), none of which offer automated third party integrations, so we knew we’d have to manually input orders and Katana serves that purpose as our centralized dashboard to see what needs to go out, when, from which platform, if we have it in stock, when we can make it, etc. In two weeks, we’ve already seen an increase in production efficiency and decrease in wholesale turnaround times now that EVERYTHING is being tracked in one place. Highly recommend Katana if you’re a maker, it’s never too early to implement automated systems in your biz!

Glitches with accurate purchase prices showing up in overall product list. Described it to customer service and they denied it being a problem. That’s the only problem I’ve encountered so far. Tbh on customer support quality.

Antwort von Katana Cloud Inventory

Hi! Thank you for your feedback and we'll make sure to work out any glitches that have occurred along the way. Happy making!

Brad
  • Branche: Textilien
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Katana for a small manufacturer

Bewertet am 8.9.2023

We're still in the implementation stage, but Katana has met the majority of our business requirements with ease. It's been easy to transfer and upload data into Katana and we're feeling very confident about go live. Customer support is outstanding and they pass all improvement suggestions up to their development team for review. They embrace continuous improvement similarly to our manufacturing floor.

The ease of building products and variants. Our products have a lot of variants, and Katana makes it very easy to manage them all simultaneously. The previous MRP system used required us to build a unique BOM for every variant, which took significant time.

Minimum order quantity feature. Ability to reject/second quality part of a manufacturing lot. Develop an easy way to see product list not broken down into variants. Have the ability to only show certain BOM items on the shop floor app. Consumables like glue and tape don't need to be shown.

Elias
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Simple but Effective Inventory Management

Bewertet am 20.12.2020

We've saved countless manhours on tracking inventory. It also makes purchasing decisions a lot easier, with the ability to know at a glance how much of each product you need to buy.

PROS:

- really easy to use, great interface

- support is responsive, although we didn't have much need for support thanks to a very thorough and detailed knowledge base

- reasonably priced compared to other inventory management systems

- good integrations with Shopify, Quickbooks, etc

- it made inventory tracking a lot easier for us as a manufacturer. The manhours saved on doing Excel updates to inventory would definitely cost more if you run complex operations

CONS:

- Integration with Quickbooks is a little iffy if you don't login to Quickbooks beforehand

- It doesn't have a multicurrency feature for purchase orders (when you buy inventory in a currency different from your main currency)

- It's not easy to account for freight costs in the costs of buying raw materials

- You can't work in 2 browser tabs without paying for 2 users, this can be a little frustrating

Antwort von Katana Cloud Inventory

Thank you for the valuable feedback! Some of your suggestions are already in our roadmap for 2021. Glad to see you are saving time and resources with Katana!

Kyle
  • Branche: Luxusgüter & Schmuck

Streamline Any Business With KATANA

Bewertet am 5.9.2019

The customer service is honestly the best customer service I have ever experienced. They are quick to respond, clear at explaining, very knowledgeable of the software, and great to work with. Rep even made me videos walking me through the parts of the process that were hanging me up.

The ability to streamline production, inventory and invoicing is a huge time saver and really helps with organization. I feel it is a great value for the money that you are spending and it

There is quite a bit of setup to get everything up and running and everything really functions together. This is not Katana's fault and they really have made it easy. Once everything (materials, products, production recipes) are set up, it runs like a charm.

Antwort von Katana Cloud Inventory

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience!

Mary Ellen

It's a good start

Bewertet am 2.12.2022

We like having the ability to make manufacture orders so everyone involved can see what's been planned and when it's due. The ability to prioritize orders is very helpful for assigning inventory.

Identifying products that are ready to ship on each order is cumbersome. Our customer service team has to click individually into each order to see if any items are ready to ship. There's no way to easily flip to the next order. You have to close that window & click on the next order. It would be nice if you could at least toggle between orders within an order window. We'd also love to see some kind of drop down or hover-over feature that would quickly show you if partial shipments are available.

Matt
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Katana Review

Bewertet am 31.5.2020

Just the app I needed for my small business to mange the complexities of inventory and materials management. It is a no brainer for anyone looking to manage their direct to consumer manufacturing and will be my key managing fast growth. The sync between Xero, Shopify and Katana is exactly what I was after. Great support from the team too!

I was looking for software that could manage both my purchased and manufactured products with both BOM and raw material management. Katana does a great job of this with the bonus of syncing with Xero and Shopify. It is not a complex system and simple for my small business.

Katana is quite basic with what you can record for your products and materials. It would be great if there was more ability to add custom fields ( supplier SKUs, Drawing number references etc). Also some ability to customize purchase order and sales order format would be a good improvement. To be able to add a suppliers sku to a PO would be very valuable.

Antwort von Katana Cloud Inventory

Thank you for sharing your feedback!

justin
  • Branche: Automotive

Easy to use and helpful

Bewertet am 22.3.2021

It takes some time to set up and deploy, but once it's running, its super helpful! Its very easy to generate POs, update stock levels, and track sales and make orders. All the function without the bloated junk that expensive and advanced MRP systems have.

I wish there was a way to have a negative stock variant (a single product that represents a product subtraction rather than having to make a full copy of a product recipe minus that one single item).
I wish there was a way to group materials without having to create a separate product for them. Each product will generate a separate make order, but sometimes Its not actually something that can be made individually, it just represents all the parts that make up an assembly. There is currently no way to make a group of materials that does not become its own product that the system thinks needs to be made as its own inventory item.