Edgar Bewertungen

Edgar

Social media scheduling, sharing, & recycling tool

4.8/5 (21 Bewertungen)
Mit Google übersetzen

Great program, but overpriced.

Weitere für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt
Bewertet am 12.1.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Edgar is an amazing product provided by a company with a fun and progressive business culture. From their Octopus logo/mascot to their responsive customer service, the Edgar team makes doing business with them a pleasure. As for the product itself: if you want to use evergreen content on your social media accounts, Edgar is an excellent online database that will enable you to keep posting that content, over and over again. It's easy to set up, easy to use, easy to make adjustments to on the fly. Edgar will pull new content from your blog or website via RSS, making it easy to continually add fresh new material as well. If the price were more affordable for solopreneurs, I'd still be with them.

The pricing. Basically they are gearing this product to businesses that are already capitalized to the point where it makes sense to spend per month on social media management. That's great ' if you're that size. But for solopreneurs like me who have to make every dime count, it's just not good enough of a value to justify the premium price. When other solutions like Social Pilot offer very similar features at a fraction of the cost, it's hard to justify staying with the Octopus. I would strongly encourage Laura Roeder and company to come up with a tiered pricing plan so that solopreneurs, startups and even hobbyists could take advantage of Edgar (even if a "lite" version) but at a more affordable cost. Presumably, as businesses succeed, they would move into the more robust plans, so this should be a smart long-term strategy for Edgar. Anyway, I think a business just needs to carefully evaluate the value. Bottom line: great product, but is it worth it? Ultimately I decided it wasn't.

Mit Google übersetzen

Made my life so much easier!

Täglich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt
Bewertet am 15.12.2016
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I've been using Edgar for about a year now and I love that it keeps all my content in categories, so I can reuse as needed. It's very easy to set up and it saves me so much time in generating a schedule of content for me. I have not used customer support but I followed Laura prior to her creating Edgar so I feel confident that if I had any issues, her team would resolve them. I pay $49/month and feel that is reasonable for the service.

Create a schedule of categories to pull from.
Generates a two-week Queue so you can see what will be posted. You can also skip content.
Keep content so content can be reused at a later time.
Organizes content into a library of categories.

Unable to post to google+ at this time.
Unable to drag and drop schedule categories to later time slots.

Mit Google übersetzen

Edgar has been a lifesaver for us when it comes to managing our various channels and groups.

Täglich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt
Bewertet am 27.7.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Edgar has made it possible for us to manage our twitter accounts, Facebook pages and all of our Facebook groups within one system. Having the ability to create feeds for each of these channels and pre-schedule all of our posts has saved us a ton of time, especially during peak launch windows.

It can be a bit tricky to see at a glance the upcoming posts for each channel, but overall we're very satisfied.

Mit Google übersetzen

Great software for scheduling social media posts and maintaining an archive of content.

Täglich für 6-12 Monate genutzt
Bewertet am 10.4.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Reduced time spent curating posts and republishing old content

I love that Edgar recycles old content. This is the main reason we started using Edgar - it freed up time we usually spent coming up with new posts each week.

Edgar is ideal for managing one company's social media, but as an agency, we found it difficult to manage multiple clients on a single account you'd essentially have to create multiple accounts, making it more costly than competitors like Buffer.

7.0/10
Mit Google übersetzen

One of the best SoMe platforms out there

Bewertet am 16.4.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I'll start by saying I no longer use this platform but will never stop recommending it. It's 100% one of the best social tools I've ever used. The majority of our content is evergreen so works perfectly with a platform like Edgar. The initial set up can be daunting but once you have your library filled you're good to go with a constant flow of content (I thoroughly miss this aspect of the platform). The customer service at Edgar was awesome and I really appreciated how quickly they came out with new features to keep up with the ever-changing social media landscape.

I ultimately closed our account because I needed an easier way to run our social media accounts at events. Edgar doesn't excel at 'real-time' tweets or engagement so I decided to go elsewhere.

Mit Google übersetzen

MeetEdgar makes social media scheduling easy

Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt
Bewertet am 8.5.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Easy setup and was able to add multiple social media accounts and updates through their calendar, which saved us a ton of time. This was great because I was able to manage all accounts and social updates from one window.

I wouldn't mind seeing a cheaper plan in place. With so many different options out there for social management, lowering the price would allow for more smaller players to start using Edgar.

Mit Google übersetzen

Saves me hours of work each week

Täglich für 6-12 Monate genutzt
Bewertet am 13.3.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

It's one and done! Just add your content into the right content libraries and let Edgar do the work of posting the right content to the right place at the right time!

Maybe more advice and guidance of when is best to post for different social networks could be beneficial

Mit Google übersetzen

Effortlessly manage your long-term social media posts

Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt
Bewertet am 8.2.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

The ability to create posts quickly and easily, add images or take posts from RSS feeds and put them into content libraries is very useful. A few simple schedules set up at the beginning means you can add a post once and then forget all about it, leaving Edgar to do the work.

It can sometimes be confusing to see what's coming up or view all the schedules at once, plus the price is a little high in my opinion.

Mit Google übersetzen

Edgar has been a great addition to our business.

Bewertet am 13.7.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Efficient use of time, way more social media engagement

It's a huge timesaver- building a library of content for social media posts and being able to schedule them based on categories is awesome. The newer additions of setting times for initial posts and expiration dates is a helpful feature as well. I've seriously saved several hours a week with Meet Edgar's automation.

At the beginning, setting up your library of content is time consuming- but once you've built that library it's a big timesaver over the long term.

Mit Google übersetzen

There is nothing I do not like about this software

Bewertet am 4.10.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I switched from hootsuite and never looked back. Saved time, saved money. Makes planning social media a pleasure again.

It has made planning social media posts a dream and being able to keep and maintain evergreen posts perfect. I love the categories, the RSS feeds and so much more. The preview mode is excellent also.

No reporting, and could be better bulk editing. Nothing else really springs to mind when I think of what I do not like about it.

Mit Google übersetzen

An easy way to get evergreen content scheduled and running

Bewertet am 22.6.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Helps get a regular cadence of posting when you're short on time

The interface is very simple to understand with no tutorials or extensive training in order to get started or train newcomers

Not able to tag companies or individuals in planned content makes it hard to want to use this as a native posting station

7.0/10
Mit Google übersetzen

I use this weekly for clients

Bewertet am 10.4.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I love that I can repost within the same week which greatly cuts down on amount of writing I have to do.

There's nothing I don't like about this software. I prefer it compared to its competitors that are in same price range.

Mit Google übersetzen

Started out using this software, but have since switched to a similar platform.

Bewertet am 9.3.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Strongly appreciate the fact that this software will auto post for you vs having to manually post each time.

Some components weren't as user-friendly as I would like them to be, but overall the software functions efficiently.

Mit Google übersetzen

Recycle your social media campaigns

Bewertet am 6.3.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

It allows you to recirculate your own content and easily add new content to drive more traffic across multiple platforms.

The price is too high when compared to the number of social media profiles you are allowed to setup.

6.0/10

Good Social Media Management Option, But Pricey

Bewertet am 7.11.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

The ability to create a post once and easily reuse it again in the future.

The best thing about Edgar is that your posts are saved in your post library to be reused later. Then you can re-use them again in the future, including setting up an automated schedule using categories to automate your posting from your library.

Edgar is super pricey! You can only post to Facebook, Twitter & Linkedin - no Instagram. And you cannot manage online conversations (comments, retweets) from within Edgar.

6.0/10
Mit Google übersetzen

Powerful tool with great return on investment

Weitere für 1-5 Monate genutzt
Bewertet am 30.1.2018

Improved Social Media engagement

It's really easy to get started and figure out how to work it out. I like the tips and guidance that comes with an account, plus the outputs from it (social posts) are correctly formatted etc.

It's quite pricey for what it is, but worth the money if you can afford it. It can take a while to get set up, and sometimes it's hard to figure out what's coming next.

Mit Google übersetzen

Edgar is a simple social media tool that will help you post social updates at the best times.

Bewertet am 24.4.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I liked that you were able to schedule a number of different topics per day, depending on how you set up your social media posts. With each post, the newer posts get sent to the bottom.

Pricing could be better. It also seemed to duplicate posts at times. I wish it had a feature that would recognize duplicate posts by URL or copy.

Social media made easy

Bewertet am 20.4.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I used Edgar for a couple years and found it easy to use with multiple benefits. The only negative is we found Edgar to be falling behind with features that are already available from alternative providers.

Mit Google übersetzen

User friendly social media manager

Bewertet am 16.4.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Helps with scheduling, work with multiple platforms, great to keep consistency, can be used by multiple people

Doesn't have all of the features that all of our platforms have so I still need to use the actual platforms

Brilliant software

Bewertet am 3.11.2016
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Just an excellent piece of software. It has helped me schedule our social media posts really efficiently.

Mit Google übersetzen

Great marketing automation software, saves me so much time by recycling my content

Monatlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt
Bewertet am 6.12.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

It's easy and simple to use, well designed and aesthetically-pleasing. No "feature bloat". It saves me tons of time.

I would love the ability to tag pages in posts, emoji support in the textbox, and for Edgar to work on Instagram.