Blackbaud Financial Edge NXT Bewertungen

Blackbaud Financial Edge NXT

Cloud fund accounting software for nonprofits

4.4/5 (46 Bewertungen)
George H.

Financial Edge - the application that works with Raiser's Edge

Bewertet am 14.3.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Overall, FE is a good application if you are already RE but do not have an existing accounting application. If your organization is small and do not have an IT team, then look at Blackbaud to host your RE and FE applications and let the professionals take care of your application hardware infrastructure.

If you are using Blackbaud's Raiser's Edge (RE) software and need another application to perform accounting functions, Financial Edge (FE) is the application that will take care of Vendor tracking, A/R, A/P, etc. Rather than using another accounting application (ie. Quickbooks), Financial Edge integrates with Raiser's Edge. When you post gifts from Raiser's Edge, it goes over to Financial Edge and updates the information. The information for batch number, Appeal, Funds, Campaign migrate over to FE from RE. The user interface, look and feel between Financial Edge and Raiser's are the same. If you know RE, then FE will be easy to catch on. If you are hosted by Blackbaud, then you will be looking for FE/NXT

While there is a lot of integration from RE to FE, this comes at a cost. The FE application is expensive compared to other financial applications. If you are hosting FE on-premise, I believe Blackbaud charges by the number of users. You also need to a server with SQL to run FE. This is not like QuickBooks which can install on a local PC. If you are hosted by Blackbaud, then you will be looking at FE/NXT and again price will your main concern.

Jeremiah P.

Financial Edge User

Bewertet am 16.2.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I have been using Financial Edge for almost four years now and the the strides they have made from my first impression to now are outstanding. When I first started my job I was thrown into the systems and provided little training and while the system (Accounts Payable, General Ledger) were easy to learn they were a little clunky looking and the features that made them powerful (attributes, global changes) were not something you would find on your own. We recently (been a little over a year) moved to the NXT version and while all the functionality is not there yet I do appreciate BlackBaud taking the time to listen to their customers while building out the functionality instead of just updating it based on the database view. While this make take more time to build out (which can be frustrating) it will hopefully allow for an even more powerful platform in the end that allows us to be a more effective and efficient team in the end.

New functionalities being rolled out that allow us to use more systems working together instead of isolated.
Community boards to allow users to make suggestions and learn from each other.

That NXT is not complete yet (but I understand why and agree with their methodology).
Customer support can be clunky at times when the first person is not able to help you.

Sharon E.
Mit Google übersetzen

The combined Financial Edge, BBMS, and Altru provide for an easy month end close w/ great details

Bewertet am 14.6.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I have time to assist my departments in dealing with budget issues on a timely basis.

I like the fact that I can either trace from a detailed posting in Altru, through BBMS to Financial Edge and prove to the auditors how transactions were processed or vice versa with ease.

With this integration of the three services we have also been able to pass on to the departments receiving the income, the fees associated with processing credit card transactions - thus reducing management overhead.

If you have created your environments correctly and have adequate safeguards in place as to how data is entered you have the ability to close within two-three days of month end. This gives us the ability to actually analyze the data into a monthly report that management uses to correct or improve programs.

When in the reporting function, if you are asking for a major detailed report, the system does slow down and could be a bit faster.

Elaine T.
Mit Google übersetzen

Financial Edge has given us an edge up

Bewertet am 22.2.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Financial Edge has been a great experience; we have streamlined data processes and improved our reporting cabability more than 10 fold. We love the project and grant data management pieces as well. The newest addition of Credit Card payment/processing has been a WONDERFUL thing for our office.

Our CFO and Accounts Payable Staff can easily see where we are at any given moment in regards to AP/AR balances. Paying invoices is really easy and the load from tables funcationality for GL Disbursments is helpful as well. Financial Edge also has the capabilty to create recurring invoices for those AP invoices that are the same month after month.

We are integrated with Raiser's Edge as well and that process is very easy as well.

Ease of use in Query and Report Parameters

Some of the more intricate invoices can be cumbersome, but that is only for a few items that we have. I wish the Vendor integration with Raiser's Edge was more robust, but it works for us ok.

Mit Google übersetzen

Great cloud based accounting system for non profits!

Bewertet am 5.9.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I've been using black baud for almost 10 years, I love the ease of using the AP side. It's very easy to get from viewing a vendor, to adding a new invoice and checking for purchase orders, all in one window (with tabs).

The only thing I don't like, it seems there are updates (which is great, but sometimes complicates things). It loses the alignment on my checks pretty drastically and doesn't save the alignment for a new run. I'm not sure if there's a glitch. It does time out kind of quickly if you aren't constantly using the system.

Antwort von Blackbaud

Hello Reviewer,

I appreciate you taking the time to review Financial Edge NXT! As you may know, we listen to our customers' feedback for updates - I have let our product team know about your issue with check alignment.

Please let me know if you have any other issues!

- Blake.Paradise@blackbaud.com

Mit Google übersetzen

FE and RE are standards for managing your data

Bewertet am 7.3.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

RaisersEdge allows my organization to keep track of tens of thousands of individual records. Without these we wouldn't be able to interact successfully and efficiently with our clients, donors and partners. Financial Edge allows us to produce accounting reports and maintain our large assets.

RaisersEdge is easy to use and store data. RaisersEdge has vast capabilities and reliability. FE makes the process of accounting and check printing very easy. Both products integrate well with other software

Even though RaisersEdge has many different tools - you may not be likely to use many of them regularly. Instead I find I reuse the same tools and end up bypassing a lot of what I could do, instead sticking to the essentials. Those extra functionalities just are not that useful to me

7.0/10
Ashley P.
Mit Google übersetzen

With their continued expanding, focus on what the users want, this product can only get better!

Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt
Bewertet am 13.3.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

The 'in testing' credit card feeds function. Our company has a lot of credit card activity and with the credit cards feed we are able to link directly to the bank accounts and pull in every transaction as they occur. This has taken our 3 days process of entering all of the receipts and shortened it down to just half a day, with the receipts already in the system all I have to do is tie it to a vendor and code it then it's done. I also like the customization when filtering through vendors and invoices each person wants and needs to see different fields and NXT really lets each user have their own experience. When entering multiple invoices for one vendor you also have the ability to duplicate the last invoice speeding things along especially if there are minimal differences between the invoices.

There is no use for our Payroll Specialist or Accounts Receivable, and with each day having at least 40 invoices to enter at one time, there is no way to enter a bulk amount of invoices like the database view allows so Accounts Payable is limited to using it only once or twice a week.

Todd V.

Financial Edge

Bewertet am 19.9.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

FE is great for a fund accounting software. It does all the basics. A/P is simple and easy to accomplish. The fixed asset module works great. the ledger is fine. It can get more complicated than necessary due to the ledger structure

FE is too hard to get help. There is a lot online, but sometimes you just need to have someone talk you through an issue. I have had an issue once where I needed to have their IT dept. fix a corruption in their software when I was closing a fiscal year.
This software simply costs too much for maintenance and support.

4.0/10
Lisa B.

Financial Edge: Ease in Monthly Reporting

Bewertet am 31.8.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Financial Edge, once everyone on the team got familiar with the process, provided accurate and easy monthly reporting. It has safe guards against human error and asks questions through the closing process that allow you to correct any mistakes.

Financial Edge, coupled with Raiser's Edge fundraising software provides seamless financial reporting opportunities for non-profits. I would suggest that you partner RE and FE together to maximize the horse power of both products.

Financial Edge and Raiser's Edge have a learning curve if you have never used the software before. When converting from another software, work closely with your Blackbaud team to ensure a successful transition.

Greg S.

Great to stay up-to-date

Bewertet am 4.12.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

This was the best option for our organization as we have a large amount of staff that are in need of quick access to financial and budget information. Being a cloud system, this has allowed our staff to have quick access at any place in the world to stay informed.

Speed. I know a lot has to do with internet connection but even in places where we have fiber internet connection, the load time is lacking. This is a great opportunity area for improvement.

Dominique J.

My review of Financial Edge NXT

Bewertet am 9.10.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I like Financial Edge NXT and I couldn’t imagine doing my job without it!

I like that this software is for finance and accounting professionals. It has helped me to perform the daily functions of my job with limited interruptions.

I haven’t been able to understand the allocation module, and so we are still doing our investments manually. The guide that is provided seems to work more for people who have an overall understanding of how it should work.

Dave H.

Terrific Coud-based Financial software for non-profits

Bewertet am 9.10.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Accessibility, ease of use, and non-profit focus - that’s what brought us two years ago. I would add to that now - great support, innovation and scalability.

Easy, intuitive, clean interface. The look is modern and simple; but don’t let that fool you; the database and tools are robust and tremendously helpful.

Some modules still in transition to the new web view. But what they’ve done so far is very promising for the future.

Christine S.
Mit Google übersetzen

Solid financial reporting software for a mid-sized org, relatively easy to learn.

Bewertet am 4.4.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

- Love being able to run reports including un-posted transactions
- Love being able to attach documents to journal entries in NXT view

- Journal entry template is clunky to use & requires a lot of clicking
- Journal entries are listed "backward" in NXT (compared to database view)
- Can't view the entire journal entry on one screen in NXT & only see line numbers once the entry is posted in NXT view

Financial NXT is a must!

Bewertet am 14.12.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

We use multiple Blackbaud products within my company, including Raiser's, NXT which is very intuitive, WordPress, TeamRaiser, Merchant Services.

Overall great foundation for management of accounting, grants, other projects. They give you the ability to customize your dashboard and views. Easily monitor accounts and generate detailed reports. Allows you to process financials in smoothly, not manually. You could even set budgets for next several years.

All Blackbaud products are very pricey but it's worth the cost. We use so many different Blackbaud products. Customer service could be improved. They send you lots of video tutorials and knowledge base articles and some of the features are kind of cumbersome to understand.

Amanda L.

Simple to Use

Bewertet am 20.8.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

We use both Financial Edge and Raiser's Edge and both are set up the same way. It's very user friendly. It's very easy to search for an invoice. I like how you can quickly access a recently viewed vendor.

Sometimes when the same vendor sends more than one invoice and the invoice numbers are just slightly different, F.E warns you that it might be a duplicate invoice when it's not, the numbers are just similar to each other. The online support link from inside FE does not open.

Lisa G.

Training is Essential

Täglich für 6-12 Monate genutzt
Bewertet am 20.8.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I'm still learning NXT and all I can say is anyone considering the investment to also look at the total investment and purchase the training package. Your Employees will thank you!!

I love the training level that Blackbaud has in place I think that to be successful with Blackbaud a training package to meet your companies needs is essential. At the end of the day Blackbaud wants your success with their software and they offer the solution in awesome training opportunities.

The software has many different moving parts and being the only employee in the ar/ap deparment makes some processes a little cumbersome. I think the software is designed for larger non-profits.

Jennifer J.
Mit Google übersetzen

I really enjoy using Financial Edge. I can easily gather data on information that I need quickly.

Bewertet am 3.5.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

FE NXT! I love that I can access my data using my phone or tablet. FE NXT is very easy to use. The customer support have always been very helpful and the follow-up is great.

That all the modules are not in FE NXT yet. It would be really good to have a more robust payroll/ HR system that integrated with time clocks.

Karen T.
Mit Google übersetzen

eTapestry is very robust and comparable to RaisersEdge, for a smaller scale organization.

Bewertet am 4.5.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

This is an easy to use software tool!

The query, reporting and newly added wealth rating features are easy to use and has assisted in the improvement of my interaction with donors.

Updates sometime cause changes in the queries and or account that need to be updated. If I do not check the updates, my reporting could go wrong.

Chris N.

Excellent!

Bewertet am 18.12.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Easy to Use and access. I would recommend Raiser's Edge to anyone. Once you have aligned your system with Finance reports are really easy to produce.

Raiser's Edge has so many fields that can be used or created, if you don't have an established process things can get messy like any database.

Steve C.
Mit Google übersetzen

We use the full suite of modules and like the integration and support. Payroll is more challenging.

Bewertet am 14.6.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Help and support tools / resources are great. Chat support is responsive and gets a solution to the problem.

Payroll leave time management configuration is challenging for our organization that has a complex leave time structure.

Dorothy e. "dolly" H.
Mit Google übersetzen

This product really can only get better

Weitere für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt
Bewertet am 5.4.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Our finance and marketing departments use Blackbaud FE and RE daily and they get the job done. Migrating to something else at this point would be a monumental task, but it still may well be worth the effort.

Interfaces with our Fund Raising software (Raiser's Edge, I am equally thrilled with that too, and mostly for the same reasons cited herein).

Blackbaud offers a good training program (which considering the product license fees all of which should be free).

The reporting is cumbersome.

Lack of a self-service audit trail.

The interface is not intuitive.

Antwort von Blackbaud

Hi Dorothy!

I appreciate you taking the time to review Financial Edge 7 (legacy version of Financial Edge NXT) and being a loyal customer. All of the concerns you brought up in this review have been addressed the cloud-based version of FE7, Financial Edge NXT.

¿ Reporting - take advantage of being able to run multiple reports in your background at the same time, so that you can keep working while they run. You also get drill-down capabilities, 100 canned reports, and more.
¿ Interface - Financial Edge NXT is a cloud-based, modern, and intuitive platform. It is responsive and highly configurable.
¿ Audit Trail - Financial Edge NXT provides a complete audit trail with the ability for users (with permissions) to self-serve this information directly in the system.
¿ Migration - Migrating to Financial Edge NXT is very easy for Financial Edge 7 clients. We ensure that you have no loss of functionality, no data conversion, and no re-implementation.

- Blake Paradise

3.0/10
Brooke N.
Mit Google übersetzen

I work mostly in the AP portion of the program, some journal entries

Bewertet am 16.5.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I love how this software integrates with it's Raiser's Edge program. We are able to easily move information from there into Financial Edge, which limits the potential for errors. Plus, we are utilizing less time by not having to type the same information over.

Finding your way around in the beginning takes a little time. Especially when you are looking for something specific.

Julia S.
Mit Google übersetzen

Great for reporting, adds some nice ease-of-use and efficiency features

Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt
Bewertet am 17.5.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

We upgraded from Financial Edge 7. The NXT interface is clean and very easy to learn and navigate. The reporting features are MUCH better than in the old Financial Edge, and many of the other new features they are adding (like setting up a bank feed to automatically download transactions into FE NXT for ease of transaction matching and reconciliation) are increasing our efficiency.

The roll-out of new features has been slower than I had originally anticipated when we moved to this platform over a year ago, and that's made it a little harder to get some of our staff to adopt use of the new platform over the old "classic" database view. Would be nice not to need to go back into the old view to perform some functions.

Debra T.

Started with Fundware, now Financial Edge ready for FE NXT

Bewertet am 8.3.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

It gives us the information required to invoice for our grants.

Ability to run many reports, view different scenarios. Tracks our expenses by funds, projects, sub projects for various account codes.

Rebeka S.

Financial Edge NXT

Bewertet am 2.7.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Financial Edge NXT is fairly easy to use in that the search functionality is intuitive and the software has the ability to be quite comprehensive, depending on how familiar you are with working in it and how much information you choose to input. The more you put in, literally and figuratively, the more you will get out of it.

I wish that all of the Blackbaud programs would integrate easier across the platforms. I find that I need to open several programs to get comprehensive information.