Square for Restaurants Erfahrungen

Ryan
Ryan
  • Branche: Finanzdienstleistungen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Super easy to use and convenient!

Bewertet am 7.1.2020

I enjoy it a lot and will continue to use

I enjoy it a lot and will continue to use

I really love using this software! It is so easy to use and is always quick to use, never issues with it! This is important in the restaurant

The only con is that the fees get a little expensive at times, especially when you manually enter info

Dannyelle

Enough for what we need

Bewertet am 24.3.2023

8/10 overall, with unique issues to certain industries that makes it frustrating here and there. I'd suggest it, there's a reason it's the most popular POS system for small businesses on the market, but don't expect it to be perfect!

Easy to set up and adjust menus and such, does most everything we need it to do. Have to think outside the box to get it to do some of the things I need it to do, but overall, if you take the time to figure it out, you'll get there.

A few things are a bit narrow in customizability, I wish we could do more variation in things like loyalty programs and discount set-ups, and sometimes some adjustments can be a bit tedious to change. We're a brewery with a constantly changing menu of beer offerings, so having to make 5-10 clicks per beverage change every single week can be a bit frustrating, but it's overall pretty user friendly so I can't complain too much.

Wix , Clover und Toast POS

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Square for Restaurants

Relatively within budget, and popular enough that I knew it would be easy to find solutions to issues within online forums and other business owners across the platform. Had also used it before at a previous job so I knew I could integrate it into some of the things I also wanted to use.
Yuki
  • Branche: Gastgewerbe
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Lost of time and money big impact on small business

Bewertet am 23.6.2024

Not bad but would be better if square take responsibility when application not working and refund the customers for the lost

The system himself is not bad, when it is working!

The customer service and the way they treat the customer and never refund money

Camila

the best POS for restaurants

Bewertet am 2.12.2020

Square was a huge help for us as a restaurant this year. With covid-19 businesses had to move really fast to the online market and Square provides the tools to get there really fast and easy.

It is really easy to set up, the price is way better than the other systems in the market, it works with wifi and you can use it on your laptop, Ipad, smartphone.

I love how they offer the CRM tool and even more I love how easy is to create a website for your restaurant with them.

they could improve some of the features so It is even easier and faster to select the items. for example to add more options to the conditional words ( add, yes, No, extra, etc...) they could put the option to replace (ex: replace Ham for turkey) so when we have a customer who wants to customize a product we do not have to write long sentences all the time, instead we can just click a few buttons and is done.

Clover und Toast POS

Warum Square for Restaurants gewählt wurde

Price, features, customer service.

Zuvor genutzte Software

Revel Systems

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Square for Restaurants

The quality of the product was better and for a better price
Kevin

The Obivious choice for Payment processing

Bewertet am 15.1.2020

The major benefits we experience are as follow: Payment processing is a breeze, we are able to integrate our system with Quick books seamlessly, the many option for accepting payment means we never miss out on being able to receive payment at any time, Customer service is very helpful and they genuinely care about helping your business succeed and the most important for us is we never have to think about it, it just works.

Square has streamlined my credit card processing immensely, We were using a different merchant service before that had higher fees and less intuitive features. Square is very useful for our staff accepting payments on site, at events, Bar Tending and processing catering invoice payments. it is fully integrated with our Quickbooks software for a streamlined process. The speed in which receiving credit to our bank account is also pleasantly fast. Finally being able to accept a credit card while in an out of service area (No Wifi/Cellular) is an excellent feature we have already taken advantage of.

There are no issues in the two years I have been using Square to report. The addition of NFC payments has made my life even better!

PayPal und Stripe

Warum Square for Restaurants gewählt wurde

Merchant Services LTD was our Payment processing company for over 15 years, At the beginning it was a great investment. As time went on the fees were increasing and the reliability/Customer service was decreasing. We reached out to see if there were a way to make it viable again but in the end we decided to give Square a chance and we have never looked back.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Square for Restaurants

When choosing Square I did a ton of research on other companies, from reading reviews and watching videos on how they work it was clear to me that Square was the no Nonsense approach we were looking for. If you are a small business looking to take control of your payment processing I highly recommend Square to you.
Ruby
  • Branche: Gastgewerbe

Really great system

Bewertet am 7.3.2024

Easy to use, add and update products, very easy as well to train staff on how to use.

There's a few limitations with regards to comping/discounting

Bryan
  • Branche: Marktforschung

Swipe right material

Bewertet am 13.3.2019

Overall ok. Worked most of the time and I like that you can hook up your phone to the little swiping dude. Fix the tipping section at a buyer's checkout stage and you will do wonders. Lower CC fees please.

Working at a restaurant, this software made life easy for everybody (most of the time). Easy to set up a menu and add images, calculate tax, and reports.

When wifi went down so did our morale. However, the worst thing about this program was the Tipping Section. Customer's can't read the fine text at the tip checkout phase. They are deer in headlights. "Where do i sign?!" "What do I do" There is a big hiccup at this stage of the check out. Please bring up to your UX team. Square needs to make it simpler for end users. Bless them. I heard the fees are higher than most competitors.

Greg
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Used square for a food trailer.

Bewertet am 11.3.2020

Square has been great for our food trailer. Ours came with a card swiper and we purchased the chip reader for less than $50.00.

Square is easy to use. The chip reader is easy to connect to your phone with bluetooth. The transaction are in your account the next day.

The chip reader does not stay on long enough when not in use, and you have to reconnect to your phone everytime you turn it back on.

• Branche: Staatsverwaltung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Bewertet am 24.9.2021

My experience overall has been positive. I prefer to order where I select what I want and hopefully there is less room for not getting the correct item. It's convenient and saves having to use paper receipts.

Using square is a convenient way to order food and pay your bill at restaurants. Even in group settings you can split the check or have different people add orders to one bill.

I think as more restaurants go to a digital menu and checkout process I would assume that new features would be added. There is nothing that sticks out in my mind that we have had issues with.

Rochelle
  • Branche: Unterhaltung
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Saved the small restaurant business

Bewertet am 23.5.2019

Overall I think this has been great. Works well for small restaurants, especially mobile food trucks.

I love that product. It has made it easy for consumers to make purchases with debit and credit card in an era where nobody really uses cash too much.

Sometimes the square might not be able to read the card that is used to make purchase but if that doesn’t work you can always key in the card number so you don’t miss sale.

Leah

Glitchy Hellish Nightmare

Bewertet am 9.6.2022

Traumatizing. Glitches crashed our restaurant multiple nights in a row.

Can’t handle a complex...

Traumatizing. Glitches crashed our restaurant multiple nights in a row.

Can’t handle a complex restaurant. Fine for a 1 terminal retail operation, but RUN AWAY if you are a restaurant owner. Use Toast!

The price is the only good thing about this software. But you get what you pay for and it’s not worth the savings!

The software is so glitchy that it has been an epic fail! QR codes fail; printers randomly disconnect; the software double & triple prints tickets (but with delays so it seems like new tickets); tech support is terrible (often barely speaks English & can’t solve complex issues). No on-site support like competing products. We’ve spent thousands of dollars on staff trying to figure it out, but random glitches that have no explanation crash the iPads, QR codes and printing capacity. This doesn’t even scratch the surface of the issues we’ve had. The software cannot handle the complexity of a restaurant. NIGHTMARE!

Toast POS

Warum Square for Restaurants gewählt wurde

Price. But it was not worth it. Get different software!

Price
Christina

Business owner’s best friend

Bewertet am 20.12.2020

The choice to use Square for our credit/debit transactions was the best choice for us financially. Signing up was stress free, without a ton of confusing paperwork, and the fees were more than manageable. In less than a week I received a card reader that was compatible with my device, and free of charge. Transactions are securely managed by the Square app that allows me to track sales any time I want. A very small percentage of each transaction goes to fees and is processed immediately eliminating the monthly bill process. The app also features tools that track inventory, set up promotional offers, loyalty rewards, and collect feedback from my customers. On app tutorials walk you through everything with outstanding customer service for the bigger issues.

The financial side of any business can be very stressful. Square offers a wide variety of tools and resources that help business owners monitor sales, track inventory, and reward customer loyalty. It’s free to join, and fees are a small percentage of each transaction. Using the app eliminates paperwork giving me more time to focus more on customer satisfaction.

Not a software, but a very minor inconvenience with the round jack. The reader would occasionally turn during a card swipe, causing a read error. I secured a thin piece of sturdy plastic on the back side of the reader that uses the back of my device as an anchor.

Nick
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Square For Restaurants is A+++

Bewertet am 25.3.2023

Great features, easy to use, fast, great hardware and customer support

No cons come to mind. Square has pretty perfect for our needs

Toast POS

Better hardware and support

Zuvor genutzte Software

talech

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Square for Restaurants

Square rep was friendly and supportive.
Brian

Not Ready For Prime Time

Bewertet am 16.1.2020

All the good things about Square exist with other systems that lack the bad things. They are new to the restaurant space and they are evolving, but they are not there yet.

The user interface is clear and simple. It works perfectly well for our servers.

The back of house reporting is a disaster. I’ve never worked with a more complicated, obtuse, confusing reporting function. They say you can customize your reports, but that’s true in only the simplest sense. We can’t customize reports so that all the info we want is in one place. We still need to bounce from report to report to find the data we need. It takes my bookkeeper far longer to reconcile sales to receivables than ever before, and occasionally we spend hours trying to make sense, on the phone with support personnel who also can’t make sense of the reports. Any positive reviews of the reporting functions are from customers that really use the reports seriously or diligently. If you care that your receipts are correct, Square makes it virtually impossible.

Angela
  • Täglich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

An ok solution

Bewertet am 25.5.2021

It was easy to set up. Free version lacks features and credit card processing is a bit wacky. Plus or paid version send like it would fix most issues leaving a functional but lacking system.

Easy to buy local at Best Buy, easy to set up and great menu! I also love the daily sales report that I get via email.

Certain functions not available on free version (understandable) but even the paid version didn’t leave great options. Partial payment and leave tab open would be very difficult. And the support said even with paid software “it’s not set up for tab management“ I’m a bar all we do is run tabs. Also refunds don’t work well and to adjustment is extremely difficult! Oh and why only the white case? I didn’t want a proprietary system so their new black version didn’t work for me.

Revel Systems

Warum Square for Restaurants gewählt wurde

Lightspeed integrated payments doesn’t want to approve me because I am a bar type 48 license and don’t sell food.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Square for Restaurants

Revel misrepresented themselves as being able to function as a tab only bar with certain feature capabilities which they actually did not offer.
sarah

Love it!

Bewertet am 29.7.2019

The ease of entering in new items and organizing the screens is great and easy enough for even staff to do. We have worked with them to get certain end of day reports we needed but overall the accessibility to access what you need whether it be item sales per day, hour, category, etc. is really simple. Sending refunds, looking up transactions, or sending coupons is super fast and way easier than any other system I have used. The staff loves it because their tips have tripled with the suggested percentage buttons on the customer screen.

At first it was hard for me to gain access to troubleshooting help as a manager because I am not the owner of the company. They seem to have changed protocol lately so now when I call it is no problem. There are constant updates so sometimes there are changes in the system and certain ones we don't like or want. However, I have been able to call and they can talk me through how to change the settings.

• Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

"Square for Restaurants" is not for Restaurants.

Bewertet am 24.7.2021

They slapped the words 'For Restaurants' on a product that has not been properly optimized for restaurants. For very small, very simple operation (e.g. coffee shops) it is probably fine. Beyond that steer clear if you are a restaurant. The convenient tech on the backend does not justify to the awful day-today, and utterly useless reporting.

Setup is easy. HR, on-boarding, benefits, payroll, CC processing all built in is very convenient.

Unfortunately this is all overshadowed by the day-to-day experience of using the POS for an actual restaurant, especially if you are using a combination of online ordering from a Square website, and in-person dining. Creating new menu items is very tedious, even when duplicating. Drill-down reporting is almost non-existent, stops at the category level. E.g. I have a category called "Beer" that contains 8 different beers. I can see how much gross sales the category does, but I cannot look into the category to see any more detail than that. I have to look at the entire inventory itemized sales report and pick the beers out 1 by 1 to get info on which ones are selling.

Jarrod

Super Intuitive

Bewertet am 8.3.2022

We are a food truck and catering company. Square is by far the most intuitive and convenient P.O.S. for our business.
I cannot say enough about how simple and effective square is as a P.O.S for a food truck.

Really and truly we have had no issues with square. Any time that we did rung into something it was solved by customer service and was usually user error.

Clover

Bewertet am 24.3.2023

POS is easy to use and set up. Its a straight forward POS that my employees have no problem using.

Orders are in a list view by date ordered. If they could be in a calendar for by date and time of pick up it would be game changing for my business. I currently use appointments embedded in my website which has its own issues but because it presents in a calendar it keeps me organized for preparation and pick up.

Lori
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Great for my small business

Bewertet am 24.3.2023

Inexpensive, very easy to set up and use.

Some of the software features on the Square terminal can be clunky would be great if certain features could be turned off/customized by the end user.

Larry

Hot mess

Great all around system

Great all around system

Easy system to use and made to where anyone.

Not enough loan options when you really need them

dario

SQUARE POS and its issues

Bewertet am 11.10.2022

Processing orders and time keeping

Processing orders and time keeping

Trying to improve the reports and order processing

No onsite help to set up properly so consequently not able to use all it's features

Harry
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Not really for full service restaurants

Bewertet am 30.1.2020

The advantage is that you can get into to it inexpensively. But if you have experience in a full service restaurant, you will immediately find where it is lacking. No way to start tabs, back end reports are not helpful, occasional payments disappear, not real support set-up, no real-time off site reports available.

Easy to set up and inexpensive, financed equipment

Doesn't handle large volume well, back-end reporting lacking, customer support non-existant

James
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Great addition to our food truck

Bewertet am 25.3.2023

Ease of UseCompact size and portable POSSimply display and user friendly

More payment options needed. Ie cashapp. Need reporting that shows alternative payment options

Katharyn

Love Our Square POS

Great

Great

How easy it is to use and how it changed our lives

Started charging for staff scheduling for the basic program.