Rent Manager

Sortieren nach

Ginger
Ginger
  • Branche: Immobilien

A great software team!!! We love the versatility!

Bewertet am 23.4.2018

Prior to Rent Manager we used Yardi for 17 years until they became too expensive and no longer catered to a small company base. This is so much better! Rent Manager listens to their customers. We couldn’t be happier!

The online RM12 version gives us the versatility of a complete accounting program (minus payroll of course) that allows small employers with mixed portfolios to use a single product. Outside Payroll options work great for us. The Rent Manager team is constantly listening to their customer base and makes product use seamless with a great support staff! We are a small locally owned property management firm with commercial, residential and self-storage rentals and have used the Rent Manager program since 2011. We currently manage 15 sets of books that include around 30 properties. The software allows us to set up each property based on its own rental type and each user can be restricted based on need. We love the user friendliness, training options and the program options available

We have not found a major con with this program. The development team tries to work with all parameters to find a work-a-round if not an immediate fix.

Antwort von London Computer Systems

Thank you so much for your review Ginger!

TERESA
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

RentManager is a simple solution for complex property management

Bewertet am 4.1.2024

Wonderful, great decision to switch from another software to this one.

Wonderful, great decision to switch from another software to this one.

RentManager handles commercial and residential property management swiftly and consistently. The ability to customize the software (in-house rather than paying to have it done) is a great feature that makes the software usable for all staff.

The 'letters', which are custom forms, letters, templates, etc, are not as easy as they should be to create. All fields should be available to populate on any form that you are creating. Additionally, it would be wonderful if reports and letters were able to be duplicated and then edited for a specific purpose by the user. The online templates library is good, but I would like the ability to repurpose the provided tabs, forms and reports but customize them to fit the needs of my company.

AppFolio Property Manager

Warum Rent Manager gewählt wurde

Efficiency and customizability, as well as pricing.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Rent Manager

Thorough research brought us to the decision that RentManager was the best fit for our company.

Antwort von London Computer Systems

Thank you for your review! Letters, custom tabs, ad wizards, and more are able to be customized to fit the needs of your company. This is an admin level permission, so you will want to speak with your admin in order to make these updates. Our support team would be happy to walk you through this process.

donna

Geared to the American Market

Bewertet am 11.11.2017

Obviously I still prefer it, as I've used it for 10 years.

Obviously I still prefer it, as I've used it for 10 years.

Offers more than Yardi - at a cheaper price.
Lets you customize a lot.
Very stable
Never had an issue with billing.

Tried for five years to get recurring journals,
Tried MANY times to have them print the letters "yymmdd" on cheques as required by Canadian standards. have to double print all our cheques to comply.
Rent Manager Online wouldn't log in and actually locked me out on a Saturday morning - no help available until Monday? - Lucky I keep my own backup of information so I can respond to this emergency.
No published in depth info on creating customized objects.

Hi Donna,

Thank you for your review! We’re glad to have you as a customer for the past 10 years and looking forward to many more years in the future. With the recurring journals and date format changes, I would check out the recently updated Rent Manager Help File. Anywhere you are in the system, if you press your F1 key, it will open up the help file for the area in Rent Manager you are working in. This has detailed information regarding Journal Entries as well as a section on rmScript – our custom language, which helps you further customize Rent Manager. In regards to weekend Support hours, I apologize you were locked out of the system and unable to reach someone. I will pass your message on to our team to look into further.

Jordan

Easy to Navigate and Great Customer Service

Bewertet am 14.3.2024

Great Experience - this is the third Property Management software I have used, and it is great!

Their customer service is unparalleled. I have called about multiple questions, setups, and issues - I have never gotten off the phone with RM disappointed! They do not put you on a never-ending hold, their representatives are professional and it feels like they genuinely want to help in any way possible!

Building out reports can be both costly and timely; however, you do get exactly what you want and need!

ONEsite

Mchael
  • Branche: Versorgungsunternehmen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

This software put us lightyears ahead

Bewertet am 16.10.2023

This has streamlined our entire operation. There are features available that we have not tapped.

It is a complete package. Customer information, billing, collections and accounting. We make pdf copies of customer statements and forward to a mailing service that sends the bill and an SASE to each customer for less than $1.00 each. The Rent Manager system for accommodating credit and debit cards is fully automatic. When a customer pays a bill, their account is credited and the money is deposited directly into our checking account. Customers love it for the ease of looking up their amount due and making payments. Customer support is superb. Every time we call we get someone who answers the question or refers us to someone who does. For water meter reading the software is also great. The meter reader has a "drive by" meter reading device. Once collected, the meter reader logs into Rent Manager and posts the meter readings. That person presses one more button and the software deducts last month's reading and determines the billing amount and posts it to the customer account. We have a standard charge for sewer and that is one more button to push. The statement is then prepared in pdf format and emailed to the print house that mails the statement the same day.

We are in Western New Mexico, and Rent Manager is located in Ohio so there is a bit of latency of one or two seconds.

• Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Great Software with Even Better Customer Service

Bewertet am 17.7.2019

It is the one stop shop for a large number of management needs from sending out notices to billing and payments with great support.

I love how customizable it is. I also love how many different daily tasks it can address all in once place.

While the company continues to make improvements to the software (a positive thing), it really slows down the ability to function. There seem to be 'fixes' going on almost every week. Sometimes the software runs VERY slow.

Antwort von London Computer Systems

Thank you for your review! Our support team would be more than happy to take a look at any slowness issues you might be experiences. Please give us a call at your convenience.

Kristen
Kristen

Rent Manager

Bewertet am 28.7.2019

We have been quite pleased in the decade that we have been using Rent Manager with the product, the support and of course, the streamlining it has provided our business.

We were among the first to convert to Rent Manager's stand alone version and we continue to use Rent Manager for every aspect of our business (approx. 1000 residential and several commercial buildings).

The software is very user friendly and intuitive making it easy to onboard new employees. The comprehensiveness of the online training through Rent Manager University is invaluable for new and long time user employees.

We use several of the integrations and are currently looking at adding several more. The allow us to adapt to every changing technologies and industry best practices.

The customer/technical support is outstanding. I really cannot say enough good things about the support department. Whether it is technical support or assistance in scripting to help you streamline or create custom reports, they are always extremely helpful and responsive.

Any cons that we have found Rent Manager has helped us find work arounds for or has upgraded to in their regular updates. I would like to see more options for "batch" operations.

Hi Kristen,

Thank you for your review! We've loved working with you over the years and can't wait to show you all what we have in store for the future. Feel free to submit any batch operation ideas to our development team here and we will gladly look into them for you: https://www.rentmanager.com/featurerequest

Georgiana
  • Branche: Lagerung

Rent Manager pros and cons

Bewertet am 28.3.2024

So far Rent Manager and the Rent Manager customer service team have been amazing, if I ever run into any issues, the Customer Service team always resolves it in a quick and timely manner.

I like that a test unit or tenant can be made in Rent Manager if you are working on a new feature or application process and you can test it prior to finalizing it and informing everyone about it.

I do not like the fact that when certain features are not turned on, then a user does not have access and it takes a few tries to find out that the administrator needs to turn does features on.

Antwort von London Computer Systems

Thank you for your review! If you are looking for assistance with user permissions for features, please have your administrator reach out to our support team and they would be happy to help review your current setup.

Diana
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management

Rent Manager - User Friendly

Bewertet am 6.6.2024

Overall, my experience has been great. Much easier to use than other software
I have used in the...

Overall, my experience has been great. Much easier to use than other software
I have used in the past.

Very user friendly. Customer service is great!

Only 1 thing. Unable to assign 2 or more to a service request.

Lamont
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Awesome Product

Bewertet am 30.5.2024

Awesome customer service is very responsive

Awesome customer service is very responsive

The ability to get reports needed for my properties

For me really no cons. It’s a very helpful product

Anelle
  • Branche: Unternehmensberatung

This App is great!!

Bewertet am 10.1.2024

Great! The RM app is user friendly and the university is EVERYTHING!

Great! The RM app is user friendly and the university is EVERYTHING!

I love the way that RM makes our work simple and efficient. The reports are genius and everything is easy

Not too much alerts in my email. We need to be updated about issues or updates etc

Antwort von London Computer Systems

Thank you for your review! Automated notifications can be setup within Rent Manager to notify you of updates within multiple areas of the program. Please reach out to our support department for assistance.

Mary

Rent Manager Operations

Bewertet am 9.2.2024

I like the program. It keeps track of everything I need with property, assets, tenants & repairs.

The portals that are accessible for the tenants use.

A little difficult to get use to - lots of reports- most of what I don't access.

Judy
  • Branche: Hausmeisterservice
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Rent Manager is an awesome software to use for tenant based users.

Bewertet am 9.1.2024

It has been wonderful to use rent manager. The customer support staff and always helpful.

Rent Manager is very user friendly. Customer support is awesome!

I do not have a least item using the rent manager program

KEVIN

CEO

Bewertet am 8.12.2018

The support staff at RMO is fantastic. They are knowledgeable, patient and results oriented. Overall, RMO is a world class product and I appreciate the companies drive to continually refine it for its customers. Finally, the best part of Rent Manager is it's people. Please continue your world class service and in doing so, showing the business community it is possible to maintain high standards of excellence.

RMO Customer and Technical Service is the best I have ever experienced, personally and professionally. I am amazed that I have spoken to so many technical reps and they're all great. The RMO in house training program for staff has been well thought out and it shows they take pride in employing and retraining qualified people.

There are some area's of the SW that can be modified or refined to be more of an end to end solution for our business. The process for changing or adding modifications to the software seems long and difficult. There are simple changes needed, like automated postings for Pacific Standard Time vs Eastern Standard Time that makes a difference for our business, legally speaking, but no one at the company is driving this modification. The change committee needs to evaluate and process requests faster in my opinion.

Antwort von London Computer Systems

Thank you so much for your review and our Customer Support team says thanks for the shout out! We hear you regarding feature requests and we have recently created a whole team to evaluate and prioritize every request we receive. We hope this makes the process more streamlined so we can keep giving you the best software experience in the industry. If there is anything you’d like to see in the program, feel free to submit your requests here (https://www.rentmanager.com/customer-resources/customer-support/submit-a-feature-request/) and your request will be reviewed by the team directly.

Russ
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

After evaluating several programs including Buildium, Propertyware, Yardi and Appfolio, There...

Bewertet am 18.4.2018

I really cannot say enough good about them.

I really cannot say enough good about them.

The depth of the ability to tailor Rent Manager for each individual user is unparalleled compared to any other software. They are the only Residential Software company that owns their own phone system and integrates directly into the software and every call is attached to either the tenant, owner or vendor history file. The support of Rent Manager is unparalleled, a customer really feels like they are the only customer they have when you call for support. They have a vast staff of programmers that continually update the software. If I look back the way we did business even one year ago, it is so different because of the continued automation features they continue to come out with. Some of the other software companies will tell you as they have told me that they are constantly coming out with new features also, however, they are two years behind Rent Manager and when they do catch up, Rent Manager will have that many more advanced features.

Many times when they release a new feature it needs fine tuning that takes a long time to get. Of course I am very impatient and what they come out with is still leaps and bounds ahead of the competition.

Hi Russ,
Thank you so much for your review! We love working with you and the entire United Properties team. We hope to continue bringing you great features and we can't wait to show you what we have in store for Rent Manager in the years to come. Hope to see you all again at RMUC!

Feature-rich software for the rental home industry that is as simple as you can hope for.

Bewertet am 31.7.2018

All in one product for rental communities that is simple to use. Can do A/R, A/P, reporting, etc. There really aren't any major missing features.

For basic usage the layout is really intuitive and as manager of a rental property you could figure out pretty much everything you need just by poking around. You can do pretty much anything that needs to be done with this software and it has the accounting features that make it an all in one product. Customer support can be slow at times but they will always put in whatever effort it takes to troubleshoot your problems and all staff is in the US.

The help section is a bit lacking. It's more just a beginner how-to guide rather than figuring anything complex out. Plus, it doesn't indicate where certain features need to be manipulated on the back end. Reports are rather cumbersome at times and there are so many that seem too similar. A good wizard for creating reports would be nice. Creating purchase orders is slow, again, a wizard walk-through to get it all done as fast as possible would be nice.

Antwort von London Computer Systems

Thank you so much for your review!

We are consistently adding new articles into our help file, so be sure to check back often to see what's available. If there is an area in particular you feel could use additional explanation, our training team would love to hear about it.

Please submit a feature request here: https://www.rentmanager.com/customer-resources/customer-support/submit-a-feature-request/ with any ideas you might have.

Nathan

A Wealth of Features & Could Always Use a Few Tweaks

Bewertet am 19.5.2017

It is a tenant-centric platform, allowing our residents to see their accounts and pay on-line, thereby reducing our central office workload. We operate 15 or so entities with RM and a handful with QuickBooks. From a financial analyst viewpoint, I prefer QB, because of the easy export features. Still, we have 1,300 + tenants and are re-building occupancy at newly acquired mobile home parks, so our focus is on providing the best face for our residents. QB was not doing that for us. This is a more comprehensive program tailored for the rental world

For some inexplicable reason, report exports to Excel do not carry the formulas over. It is a huge time waster for those of doing a repetitive analysis of multiple companies. I can only think this relates to some licensing issue. QB does it automatically and I miss that. In fact, I resent that RM does not provide that functionality and don't understand why they wouldn't provide this time and money saving convenience to their customer base.

Hi Freehold Real Estate LLC,

Thank you for your review. I apologize that you have been having issues with our export to Excel function. We greatly appreciate your feedback on your software and I will pass your review on to the appropriate parties in our company for further examination and review.

Aaron

Rent Manager Review

Bewertet am 21.11.2023

Rent Manager is our all-in-one support basket for our managing needs.

Rent Manager is our all-in-one support basket for our managing needs.

The support team is always worth calling. They will speak English and provide the support you need to fix your problem.

Some parts of the software are clanky. Like running 1099 reports you have to remember that some characters are not supported so we have to cross reference to the W9 or remember whose reports won't run correctly. On the other side Rent Manager allows for support tickets and this is in the works to be updated.

AppFolio Property Manager

Antwort von London Computer Systems

Thank you for your review! Regarding 1099 reports, please reach out to our support team at support@rentmanager.com regarding the issues you are experiencing.

Alexandra

Rent Manager-4 Stars

Bewertet am 11.2.2022

Overall, RM has been the best property management software we have used to date. It isn't perfect but there is not much that compares.

We love the lease generation as we use this the most. We also love the history/notes section to keep tabs on each tenant and property.

We have issues with the tenant portal about once a month as well as the incoming calls tab reporting incorrectly. The software does crash every once in a while as well.

Antwort von London Computer Systems

Thanks for your review Alexandra! If you run into lag issues in the future, please reach out to our support team (800-669-0871 option 4) so we can review your account and check for any potential issues.

Gustavo

Happy customer.

Bewertet am 17.12.2018

We manage several units for different landlords, and having an integrated accounting system to our management software, saves us (and our owners' CPA's) a lot of time as the information is readily available with different reports as per accounting standards. Also, the automation in online applications, payments and rent collection, made our work much easier.

Integrations with ACH third parties co's for payments and rent collection and Background check work seamlessly, making those processes automatic and effortless for the user. Online applications are also of great use, saving users the time of filling prospects information. Accounting integration is a plus, so no other software is needed for said purpose, you can even fill your 1099's and 1096's through RM.

In the new version (RM 12) when a property has several units in it, it is not possible to make chart of account transfers in a "per/unit" basis, same as reserves.

Antwort von London Computer Systems

Thank you so much for your feedback Gustavo! It's great to hear you are loving all of the time saving features available within Rent Manager. If you ever need assistance with the program, give us a call. We're here to help.

Brent

Been with RM since 05, LOVE the recent upgrade of v12--offers a lot for the analytical end user

Bewertet am 25.2.2016

I like that it's free and open until 7pm eastern. There was a time when the phone reps didn't seem that well trained but that hasn't been the case in the last 4 years or so...we get VERY well trained support when we call in and they are friendly.

Like the extremely detailed reporting that I can customize, great andriod app, user defined fields that we use a lot to manage the unique competitive advantages our business has, integrated VOIP is really cool, nicely organized software (such as prospects, customers, epay, work orders, etc), and on and on. There's a lot I like about lcs rm...event went to their user conference last year for the first time in New Orleans and our team enjoyed that.
The pricing model isn't always ideal. Sometimes it's confusing. But that's perhaps par for most software companies. They have released so many new features so quickly (and they really are good features!) that about 5% don't work.....but they always fix them within a few a weeks of us letting them know. It's not web based yet...but then again, I tried a web based site and it was terrible!! I had such limited features. RM12. rminspection needs a bit more building out as it's kind of clunky to use but it does work and is helpful. I would like for them to have an affordability module but I hear that's in the works and from my experience when RM says they are going to build something, they do!
If you like details and you like to analyse your data and you want REALLY strong financials ingratiated into your resident management, than this is for you. RM also appears to be on the leading edge of web and app integration with the core product. My company of about 40 gets excited when RM makes new releases because it's usually something cool and different that we can use. Like texting with residents and voip integration.

Hi Brent,

Thanks for your great review! Our pricing is a bit different than most. We would rather customers only have to pay for what they use and help keep costs down the best we can.

We hope you are able to attend RMUC.16! We're excited to be back in Florida and really missing the warm weather at the moment (it's currently snowing here).

If you would like, we are sending out weekly release notes for RM12 that go over all the new features, updates, and fixes. To sign up to receive emails, please visit: https://www.rentmanager.com/customer-resources/self-help-resources/emails/

Kari
Digital Marketing Coordinator

MaryLou

Rent Manager Review

Bewertet am 6.8.2019

Overall, I think Rent Manger is an amazing product. I have put customer service through a lot of "extra" work, working with me to make RM as efficient a tool as my mind could make it and it has not disappointed me yet. I tell everyone - RMs potential - to me - is limitless.

There appears to be very little Rent Manager cannot do. You may have to contact customer support to explain what you are trying to get RM to do (in terms of report wise), but I have yet to come across an idea that RM was not able to work with me on how to produce.

The drop down menus are narrow - so if you don't remember the property account number, you have to scroll down to "find" your account.

Antwort von London Computer Systems

Hi MaryLou, Thank you so much for your review! We're happy to hear you are enjoying Rent Manager. Never hesitate in giving us a call - we love working with you all!

Susan

Positive Experience with Rent Manager

Bewertet am 14.5.2018

The most recent version, Rent Manager 12, is a much better user experience and comes with many improvements; we just converted on May 7. The staff overseeing the conversion did a great job in helping us be prepared and we converted with very little issues, all of which were resolved quickly. Additionally, we have had very good experiences with Customer Support and think that the company does a good job of listening and considering suggested enhancements.

There are a few minor navigational items that could be improved but nothing we would consider a major issue. As with any software, you'll always find yourself saying "I wish it did [this]" but it serves the purpose well for property management companies.

Hi Susan,
Thank you for your review! We’re so glad to hear the conversion process went well and we can’t wait to see what all you do with Rent Manager 12. Let us know if you ever need assistance or if you have any thoughts on how we can make our program even stronger.

Teo
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Not enough customization available for commercial rental properties

Bewertet am 4.4.2023

Tough & rough. Bumpy ride...

Tough & rough. Bumpy ride...

The ability to manage multiple companies at once

It's more geared towards residential rentals. Many features do not apply to commercial rental management. Also, the software doesn't allow for "clients" set up. The only ones that can pay an invoice are tenants and owners... Very confusing for a property management who does also brokerage

Antwort von London Computer Systems

Thank you for your review. We would like to learn more about the commercial features you'd like to see in the software. Please let us know by filling out our feature request form here: https://www.rentmanager.com/submit-a-feature-request/

Sarah
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Robust system for property management

Bewertet am 14.5.2018

Rent Manager assigns you a dedicated "trainer" for a 60 day period in which you can schedule as many phone calls as you would like. The trainer logs in to your computer and guides you through step by step how to use the system. When the 60 days was over, we felt ready to be on our own. However, we are still learning new things day by day. Overall, this is a great program and I would recommend it to any property management company!

This software is very robust and can handle more complex property management tasks. This is the only software I have found that I can use for my full accounting needs. I stopped using Quickbooks and fully use Rent Manager now. It can handle property management and real estate transactions simultaneously. It is able to automatically handle a lot of items I was having to do manually with my previous system.

Sometimes my co-worker and I get kicked off of the system for no reason. Occasionally we also have to log out and log back in to be able to print. I don't know if this is due to our internet connection or the software. There was an extensive training period needed (60 days) and we are still fine tuning our use.

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for your review and welcome to the Rent Manager family! Our training team appreciates the shout out and Carson loved working with you all as well. Typically if there is a connection issue, it is the internet connection. Next time it occurs, feel free to give our support team a call and we can help identify the issue on the spot. Also, definitely check out our training calendar (https://www.rentmanager.com/customer-resources/training/training-calendar/) for all of the live training courses available each week. This can help you become a Rent Manager Guru in no time!