Heroku

4,6 (300)
Eine Bewertung schreiben
Container-gestütztes PaaS zum Erstellen, Liefern, Überwachen und Skalieren von Anwendungen.

Sortieren nach

Balveer
Balveer
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement

Best & Friendly to use for begginers want to host Web Applications

Bewertet am 30.4.2022

I love the user friendlyness of this software, very easy to connect with github & deploy the application. View logs made it easy to debug the errors, where as in other cloud deployment platform need more technical knowledge.

Some time I found it little difficult to deploy some of my bigger projects which include databases & some other operations. And one more thing that I least like is to auto shutdown/restart my application, so that I can save my monthly dyno for letter use.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

Pawan
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Best web hosting platform

Bewertet am 1.3.2021

Overall, the experience with Heroku has been pretty good. I can deploy my projects on the go and view them live. I have been using it for my personal projects as it has less maintenance to do by myself and focus more on development and it saves my time.

I have been using it for 4 years to showcase my personal projects to others on GitHub. It's a great platform to deploy my projects and it supports all types of programming languages. I like the features of deployment of my GitHub repositories and also set up the webhook for automatic redeployment on changes on my GitHub repositories. It's easy to use and doesn't need to deal with a lot of infrastructures as it's a PaaS. Also, the startup can use this platform and focus more on development rather than setting up own servers and configuring it. Also i love feature of scaling the web apps/services starightforword, i just need to specify the number of dynos to scale it. It offers both the powerful dashboard and CLI so i can perform something on its dashboard or by using its CLI. I love when i can deploy a web app in no time so its fast and simple to deploy. It also provides free addons such as PostgreSQL, redis etc which i can use in my web apps.

Heroku Dynos are not cheap compared with the EC2 instances and the price may increase when we need scaling on the projects. The free tier can only create limited apps and also only a dyno is available with limited hours. Not all add-ons are available free of cost.

Wenmin
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Account is blocked and customer support is not responsive

Bewertet am 9.8.2022

Because of a handover issue in the team, we lost access to the authentication app (it's with my previous business partner who dropped out abruptly.) I still have the account and password, but I cannot authenticate my login. That's when I learned that without being able to log in, I could not even contact Heroku support. They reject your email if you don't have an account associated with it.

It's still okay. I opened an account and submitted the issue. They ask me to provide a long list of very detailed information about the app name, commit hash, associated GitHub account and associated repos in that account, and invoice number and amount, etc. Which still make sense regarding account security.

The problem is that after I submitted all information, I didn't get any response for days and the charge for the subscription just kept counting. It makes me feel quite helpless. We are not even using this service anymore, it's hard to understand why it is so difficult to pause an account/subscription at least. I hope by posting my review I can get some more active responses from them.

I have the account and password, I can prove that I'm the owner of the associated GitHub repositories, and I'm even the person who they are billing to, with my personal address and name on the bill. It feels really horrible and I will recommend everyone to use other services regardless of how great the actual product is.

Olivier JM
Olivier JM
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Deploy your code with less hustle

Bewertet am 7.5.2021

Deploying without having to hire an extra person for DevOps, Just do a git push and your app is deployed this helps businesses to deliver new features to users faster with less resources.

Heroku makes it easy to deploy applications, and you can do it in many ways. either using their cli or syncing with the repo whether on Github or Gitlab.
Another cool feature of Heroku is the ability to add any addons with a simple click, beyond this their documentation is well written and they have a free version that works well for small apps, another cool feature is the metrics and analytics on the traffic your site is getting.

There is no easy way of switching account, let's say you have a person account and a work account, also some errors are cryptic sometimes which makes it hard to debug what went wrong.

Bryan
Bryan
  • Branche: Design

The most elegant Platform as a Service

Bewertet am 7.3.2018

Great for someone starting out and deploying their first webapp, and great as a service overall. I cannot immediately recommend it to larger organizations though without looking deeper into the potential cost first.

Heroku is really easy and out of your way as a developer. Setup and deployment is fast, and integrating add-ons is a breeze. I enjoy using Heroku more than any other similar platform as a service. If it were slightly cheaper, we would always use it.

Unfortunately we do not use Heroku for every project because it does have a high cost. While it is my favorite to use, sometimes it feels like the smarter decision to give up a little bit of the elegant design in exchange for a significant savings in cost. The introduction of Hobby dynos awhile back made Heroku a great starting point for fresh apps, but depending on how many users we plan on having, sometimes the cost of staying on Heroku will quickly eclipse other platform as a service options which while less elegant, still get the job done.

Gonzalo
Gonzalo
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Great Paas making deployment a breeze

Bewertet am 17.7.2019

An easy way to deploy and get your app out there.

An easy way to deploy and get your app out there.

When I need to get a product out there in an MVP-like case I go for Heroku, a few clicks and you are ready to go. Heroku UI is beautifully crafted and they support many languages through their buildpacks, making almost any app compatible.

Their CLI and integration with Github makes deployment a breeze, I love to deploy by simply doing a git push. Their CLI is easy to use and the documentation is clear enough for most cases. Thanks to Heroku I was able to deploy a few web apps easily, their pipelines and integration make them ideal for small-scale projects and prototypes removing a great deal of low-level and hosting issues. Most of the heavy lifting is done for you.

Is amazing that the downtime is non-existent, the old dyno keeps serving until the new one is ready, then they're switched and the user doesn't experience downtime.

For small-scale apps and prototypes, Heroku is super affordable, even I hosted many of my apps in free plans.

I found it difficult to deploy apps client-based, for instance, I made an Angular app but since there's no buildpack for a fully static app I had to wrap on the app on PHP in order to be deployed.

Prices can go up quickly if your app starts using more resources, in many cases, it would be wiser to migrate to a different platform once the things start to escalate.

As Heroku does it really easy to set up the application for you it's often hard to tweak or change advanced features, you don't really have full server control. Also, I would like to see more integrations with other .git providers like Bitbucket and Gitlab.

Jose F.
Jose F.
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Ideal companion of a Rails developer

Bewertet am 18.4.2019

It's a joy to work with with a simple workflow and not needing to rely on a dedicated devops team to maintain a server infrastructure can make features flow faster to production instances and thus happier customers.

One of the best features introduced by Heroku to me, was the ability to deploy with a 'git push'. Also, it's very constrained, but that's for a good reason: it helps me develop an 'optimize-first' mentality where I don't just push any code to it, but rather force myself to implement an optimal solution. When deployed to Heroku, I know that it will scale well and that when it doesn't then I surely need to take a look at how to do my code better.

It can get very expensive very quickly, especially when inexperienced developers start adding add-ons, that may not be required.

dishant
dishant
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Offers great service for server side app deployment

Bewertet am 11.4.2019

I am using this software to deploy ruby based web apps for our clients. It offers an easy to use and easy to manage web app facility. If the cost of the service is reduced a little bit, I would love to give them full stars. Some business and developers must use this at least once.

Heroku offers one of the best services to deploy server-side apps. It is a fast, reliable and straightforward way to use apps. I found it very easy and efficient to create different environments for your app. It allows focussing more on the app rather than deploying it. I found it very easy to connect the web app further with the databases. One can easily test or scale any app with the tools provided. It is an excellent alternative of the git since; it gives the ability of version control from the same system.

When you have to scale up your application, pricing of the service will get pain for you. One limitation which I had noticed is the inability to have direct access to the services. This results in decidedly fewer customisation options for a developer. Some add-ons have an inferior user interface.

Stephen
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great PaaS solution for early stage startups

Bewertet am 1.11.2023

It's really easy to get things up and running on Heroku. It is no frills, but also very straightforward. It just works.

I would love if it had native support for cron jobs. They have apps you can add to support cron jobs, but they are expensive.

Ibrahim
Ibrahim
  • Branche: Geschäftsbedarf & -einrichtung

Heroku Review

Bewertet am 8.10.2023

Heroku facilitates rapid integration with modern technologies like NodeJS, MongoDB, and Git, providing a user-friendly experience. Simply follow the provided guidelines to upload your code effortlessly. The platform boasts thorough documentation, ensuring a straightforward and accessible experience for all users.

The pricing is a little high relative to some competitors.

Jorge
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Heroku, take control on your server side app deployment!

Bewertet am 13.2.2017

Heroku is a fast, easy, nice and very reliable place to host your server side apps, node.js and ruby on rails apps works like a charm. I use HEROKU to deploy my apps, it allows me to store logs, run commands on the server side, clone the entire app and create a new environment, add services to my apps such as Sendgrid, Postgres DB and many many other.

It also allows you to create pipelines and setup your environment variables in a very easy going manner over the web tools but also there is the CLI that allows you to do all the actions over the console.

The overal service experience is great, once you start working with HEROKU, git will be your best friend since it is the way to deploy your apps. It even provides you with many development environments for your app like Swift and any other that have some sort of package manager.

Last but not least you can manage your project collaborators and ownership over the web manager so you can create your app and add all the members on your development team in no time or you can create an app for your client and once its finished you can transfer the app ownership to your client.

This is by far one of the best services for apps development i'd found in years, it really reduces the development and deployment time, no setup for each app, just the joy of git push heroku master ..... Done

To get start with the services you just need to create the app in the web manager app, witch makes it super Easy to use, it is super FAST to deploy and run the apps.

It is highly scalable, you can start with a free dyno and scale it over the paid plans according to your needs with makes it ver cost efficient.

It might replace your git repository but also it is very easy to create several environments for your app in no time with exact clones of it even with environmental variables

The only one that i can mention right now is that i haven't found a really nice solution for push notifications (i'd like to find something easy going like send grid )

Londou Jacques
Londou Jacques
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

A pratical paaS to deploy, manage and scale applications

Bewertet am 3.5.2023

Heroku's support for multiple programming languages and its integration with popular tools such as Git and GitHub make it a flexible and convenient platform for us (developers)

One of the things I like most about Heroku is its simplicity and ease of use. With just a few clicks, developers can deploy their applications to the cloud without having to worry about server configuration or infrastructure management. Heroku's managed services also make it easy to add functionality like databases, caching, and background workers to applications.

One potential limitation is the lack of control over the underlying infrastructure. Like control over the servers and operating systems running the applications.

Ryan
Ryan
  • Branche: Hochschulbildung

Great Platform as a Service Host

Bewertet am 13.4.2019

Heroku is my go-to when I need to deploy any application that's not just a static website. The pricing is very easy to understand, they have a great free tier, and the add-on system makes it easy to take on the services that I need to make things work the way I want. I really appreciate the recent addition of support for Docker containers as well. It makes things easier to use and deploy when I've got a containerized application.

I also appreciate how easy it is to transfer an application between my personal account and a work account. That means I can easily experiment with something in the free tier, then transfer it to the work account for billing purposes once something is up and running.

I really wish there was built-in support for docker-compose. I use that to manage my applications, but when I deploy I need to switch over to using the add-ons. Not a dealbreaker, but a bit annoying.

Manjunath
  • Unternehmensgröße: 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Heroku - PaaS platform acquired by Salesforce

Bewertet am 27.12.2019

Heroku does wonder to add arsenal to deverlopers time as we get easy to build boilerplate codes for Nodejs or other javascript scripting. We use it for the backend hosting to cloud, when applications arent too complex or the footprint of users arent too heavy. Its easier to demo an application on Heroku than AWS simply due to the accelerators in place.

1. Its API's first world is hugely helpful in developing applications
2. Documentation and customer support is top notch
3. Heroku Add on works great for most of the use cases
4. Intuitive UI, supports many programming languages
5. Heroku forms a crucial backbone for Salesforce when dealing with big data. The external objects feature from Salesforce is due to Heroku. Takes off most of the complexity in bulk processing on Salesforce as it can be off loaded to Heroku
5. With Salesforce Canvas integration, it forms a perfect ally to Heroku.

1. It can have a steep learning curve

Christian
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Great Platform as a Service Offering

Bewertet am 18.6.2022

I use Heroku to deploy and host several web applications I’ve built for clients. Some are PHP & Laravel and some are Python & Django. I make use of the Postgres add on for all of them as well as the Cloudinary add on for a few.

Push to deploy or build out a full development lifecycle pipeline - Heroku provides all the features you need to make it all easy no matter your processes.

Teams requires paid tier applications and could be free to make collaboration a little easier. It would also be nice to see a GitLab integration added.

Marcelo
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Heroku is great for creating dataclips to pull specific datasets from your databases

Bewertet am 10.12.2019

I use Heroku every week to pull data that support my decisions, such as understanding our user behaviour, and our supply coverage. With it, I'm able to create a strategy based on numbers, having a higher chance of success. I definitely recommend Heroku to business managers that are looking to easily pulling numbers on the business performance to create dashboards and deeper analysis.

Heroku allows you to create dataclips based on a specific criteria to pull what you're looking for on your databases. It requires a basic knowledge of SQL language and on database data analysis, but it's something that can be learned otherwise. Heroku dataclips have several interesting functions, such as exporting it to a .csv file or directly to Google Sheets, and creating an instant chart. Also, you can access Heroku through your Internet browser, dismissing the need of downloading and installing an application. I've worked previously with other SQL tools such as Postico and SQL Pro, and I can tell that Heroku is very powerful and easier to use.

Heroku exporting tool for Google Sheets has a limited capacity of 10,000 fields. So if you're working with a large database, it won't allow you to export it directly to Google Sheets. In any case, you can always download it as a .csv file. Also, sometimes the tool is very heavy and take a long time to run larger queries (more than the other two tools mentioned above).

Jose

Heroku used to be free

Bewertet am 16.8.2023

I’ve had a great experience in the past with heroku. Due to its changes I’ve decided to not deploy as much on that platform

I like that heroku can be integrated with our GitHub account and via the cli I can update my deployed code.

That heroku went to a paid platform when it used to be a great tool for free code development. I also don’t like that some apps take a while to run on the platform unlesss you pay for a larger dyno

Sanket
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

A variety of integrations and add-ons are available through Heroku, which can improve...

Bewertet am 3.3.2023

For developers looking for a straightforward, scalable platform for creating, distributing, and maintaining web apps, Heroku is a good option overall. The platform has certain potential shortcomings, yet developers frequently choose it because of how user-friendly and scalable it is.

Heroku's simplicity of use is one of its best qualities. It's a terrific option for developers who prefer to concentrate on creating their applications rather than worrying about infrastructure because users can rapidly set up and deploy their applications with just a few clicks. Heroku's capacity to scale is an additional benefit. According to user needs, users may easily scale up or down their applications, and Heroku will take care of the necessary infrastructure changes automatically.

Control is restricted since Heroku abstracts away a lot of the supporting infrastructure, which might reduce the amount of control developers have over their apps. This can worry developers who seek more precise control over their infrastructure or who have sophisticated needs that Heroku's platform might not be able to adequately accommodate.

• Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

The best replacement to a devops engineer for startups

Bewertet am 13.6.2018

The best solution to deploy small applications or MVP-like products

The best solution to deploy small applications or MVP-like products

Heroku makes it very easy to deploy applications and to add resources to it. It's also easy to perform basic actions, via the user-friendly interface or the CLI which is quite comprehensive.

Becomes very expensive as the server needs grow. Not easy to fine-tune the capacity of each server.
Their business development team is super lazy: they contacted me to upsell their solutions because I'm becoming a large client, but when I said I was in Asia they suddenly stopped the conversation because it was too much effort to take a call in a different timezone than theirs!

NOEL

Great website host

Bewertet am 12.12.2019

We've had great success hosting one of our smaller web apps on heroku. It allowed for a low cost way to get our app up and running while we continue to build it and grow. Integrating PostgreSQL made our database storage incredibly easy. We've been very happy with it, especially given that there are free options to get you started at no cost.

Heroku is an easy and cheap option for hosting your web apps. We host one of our apps that is in Beta on heroku and this allows us to have it active without too much overhead cost. Updating the app via the command line makes it extremely easy to combine with GitHub so that you can commit and push to both with one set of commands. The integrated PostgreSQL databse option makes it easy to maintain your data on the database without too much database administration.

Updating your PostgreSQL database can be a bit of a task. I generally need to reference guides every time I have to update a table with new data. Also, there is a bit of a learning curve. Luckily Heroku has some pretty great guides. In the free tier, you'll find that your web app loads a bit slow initially but it isn't terrible and hard to complain for a free option.

Adithya
Adithya
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Heroku - Best PaaS tool to try out new projects quickly

Bewertet am 29.10.2018

* Heroku is one of the best PaaS(Platform as a Service) tool to quickly build the POC(Proof of Concept) or MVP (Minimal Viable Product).
* Reduces lots of service setup/configuration time and server charges.
* Supports many programming language and server stack.
* Deploying code to the heroku platform can be performed by very few command line statements.
* Can set up the server to auto scale based on the server load ; This enables our application to handle any spike in traffic.
* The support documentation and help guide is very detailed. Most of the problems can be resolved by going through the documentation.
* Supports pipeline for continuous code integration and delivery.
* Can attach any DB to the container and the DB can be shared across many containers as well.

* Pricing : It can get really expensive as the traffic grows. At one point, it will make economical sense to move out of Heroku and go to the traditional server setup which will be less expensive.
* There will be use case where we need to install additional software apart from the standard stack or run a specialized service in the server. This cannot be achieved using Heroku as it does not offer a direct access to the server. Very limited customization can be performed for the container.

Jordan

Great for new apps

Bewertet am 23.2.2019

Heroku is a fantastic place to host your applications. I personally host my own RoR projects on Heroku's hobby tier with PG. Their database as a service offering of PG is fantastic and very speedy. It's super handy to have them support containers so it makes your whole CI and production pipeline smooth and easy.

The containerization on heroku can be a little awkward to get going at first depending on the method you are using. The documentation feels rather lacking and could be better, but once you're up and running Heroku is a solid platform.

Ariel
  • Branche: E-Learning
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Easiest & priciest way to deploy to an app server

Bewertet am 1.4.2019

Heroku makes deploying to an app server easier than any other possible method, especially if you design your stack in advance with the desire to deploy onto Heroku. Being able to deploy and redeploy your application with a simple git push and have everything handled like magic means that you can spend all of your time engineering and none of it on the deployment and upkeep side. Their platform provides support for almost all popular stacks, which means that most web applications could hypothetically be compatible with Heroku. The metrics and statistics provided by Heroku are also very helpful and provide insights into app performance.

In order to use the Heroku stack properly, your stack should be in line with Heroku's opinionated design patterns. These include using a 12-factor style application and using PostgreSQL as your database (Heroku also provides add-ons from other services providing other types of databases such as MongoDB, but PostgreSQL is their clearly preferred database that they offer alongside each service. These choices may not be bad, but it could create difficulties when moving to Heroku or when needing specialized types of deployment. Heroku is also very expensive.

Rhondalynn
  • Branche: Finanzdienstleistungen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

I would strongly recommend against using them

Bewertet am 30.8.2017

I wish I could think of something that I like about Heroku. Comparatively speaking, they are not really cheaper than Rackspace or AWS so I expect it to perform at the same level and standard. Having used the software for years, even I am surprised that I cannot think of pros.

Constant changes to DNS and IP addresses that we did not know were coming and could not prepare for.
Server maintenance was supposed to be "all taken care of" and brought our staging site down unexpectedly. Cost us time and money to fix it.

Ahmed
Ahmed
  • Weitere für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

A great PaaS option, and affordable too!

Bewertet am 4.8.2021

I used Heroku for some demos and personal development projects, and it was a great experience. It provides easy to use dev tools, IDE extensions and CLI to manage and update your deployments.
It also providers 99.9% uptime and is very stable. They even provide a free tier for dev/test purposes.

Nothing, I have been using Heroku for a long time and I love it.