I work with multiple websites runing WordPress and others CMSs as PrestaShop or Drupal. Plesk let me configure and optimice every website hosting as I preffer with múltiple options: PHP versions, SSL, Backups, etc. Also, I can work with sync and bulks options. Of course, I can update all the software using web interface o CLI with my own scripts.
- PHP versions handler and nginx options for every website.
- Full backup options: Incremental and integration with external sites
- Fail2ban and others security options.
- Extensions Catalog for more features
- Updates manager for Plesk and OS system packages.
- WordPress Tool Kit to work with this popular CMS most easy and with bulk options
- Online control panel with intuitive dashboards and CLI options for Shell also
- Manage easy Let's Encrypt and others SSL certificates for every website
- Active 'User Voice' (plesk.uservoice.com)
- It isn't Open Source.
- It needs better options for configure cache systems.
- It needs more options for limit RAM/CPU and other resources by website/subscription/client.
- It needs easy options for upgrade default PHP version for run by system/Plesk.
- It needs Better support in spanish and others languages.
- There isn't a lot of extensions in catalog
- It needs more options for development stage easy with every website
- It needs license plans more flexibles
I have been using Plesk for a long time, I always pick Plesk of other systems, even when it costs extra and I save in the long run with admin and server uptime.
As Plesk has grown over the years I have had to do less and less outside of the Plesk interface. I have had nothing I need to do server admin wise outside of Plesk for the last few years due to the feature-rich interface.
The user interface is easy to use. Plesk has all the different server options in easy to understand sections ready to be customised.
When you want to do anything that Plesk can't do, can be hard to work out how to make the change or add the server tool you want.
With Plesk, I am no longer spending time typing some long commands in secure shell window because I can do almost everything with nice and functional Plesk interface.
- one control panel to rule them all - manage all websites from one place
- hundreds of plugins which extend the functionalities even greater
- regular automatic updates
- out of the box integration with cloud service providers like DigitalOcean, Vultr, AWS...
- full SSH root access remains available so if I don't like something I can customize it the old fashioned way
- amazingly good security and firewall integrated
- WordPress toolkit is a must-have if you manage multiple WordPress websites
- SSL integration with Let's Encrypt work flawlessly
- not so fast in loading speed compared to cPanel
- the dashboard can often be confusing with so many menus and options
- lack of support for Amazon Linux
- a little bit more expensive if you are looking for a shared web hosting with Plesk installed but in most cases, you will be using Plesk on your own VPS or server
We use Plesk as a control panel of our web hosting services for our clients, from the point of view of ease of use, clarity of information displayed, and manageable settings, it is a great tool.
* The administrative dashboard is very intuitive and easy to use.
* Many options of additions.
* Support for many technologies (several versions of PHP available, Docker and NodeJS).
* It can be installed in many flavors of Linux, even in Windows
* Integrates general security tools and a specific one for WordPress.
* Something expensive.
* Many add-ons imply additional recurring costs.
* The TCO of the solution tends to be elevated even for simple solutions.
* Although normally it does not have security flaws, these exist.
* Plesk handles the recurring collection of the license (either monthly or annually) through a third party, if it expires it can be a hell to renew it, make sure you never fall into that situation.
Plesk is a great centralized control panel with a lot of automation tools which helps us run our websites and email servers easily and faster, saving our precious time.
With Plesk managing, a web server is such an easy task. You no longer need to learn the complex syntax and command-line commands. Everything can be done with a simple, clean and yet powerful dashboard. Control panel provides many options to tighten the security of your websites or domain. Also, I enjoy using WordPress toolkit because it works without logging in to your WordPress dashboard. Everything can be automated or done with just a few clicks. Tasks running in the background are always in the lower right corner minimalized so you can do other things.
I don't like that for many extensions you have to pay additional licensing. Although hundreds of extensions are high-quality plugins, it would be nice that some of them are included in the monthly fee that we already pay when we are using Plesk.
Plesk has enabled me to run a successful hosting business since 2004 with little expense which means room to make profit while competing on the value I add over larger hosting companies.
I've used plesk as my web hosting platform for about 15 years now. The latest incarnation runs on Amazon Web Services which makes it extremely easy and inexpensive to setup. The other big competitor is CPanel which in my opinion has fallen behind in development in comparison to Plesk. Web hosts pick one usually and get comfortable with that, but I believe Plesk to the most comprehensive and easiest to use for my hosting clients.
They need to work more on the user interface as it's hard to find your way around sometimes. But you can find out how to do what you need with a little looking around.
We started using Plesk in the early 2000's, the initial problems when upgrading especially have all been resolved. Everything now tends to work exactly as it should. Overall we're very happy with the product.
Awesome product that allows us to manage our smaller websites without having to set up all of the hosting software manually every time. It also allows the customer to manage their own email settings, databases, etc. Takes a lot of the support issues off our hands.
The only thing to dislike is every new version, things tend to be moved around a little bit. This is pretty typical of any software whether on the web or desktop software however. It's a fairly minor complaint. Plesk has come a long way since the beginning when we started using it.
The interface is easy to navigate and it handles a lot of the tedious problems like security and maintains very well
Can be a steep learning curve when it comes to configuring the services
We switched from CPanel to Plesk years ago for managing our server and haven't looked back since. Very stable, mature software which makes server management much easier.
Plesk cuts through the complexity of server and hosting management with a stable easy to use interface. I can't remember encountering any bugs, and find its cost quite reasonable for the power it brings.
There's a level of complexity in the software which could be an obstacle for some users.
The flexible options in the interface are superb. The support is good but not excellent. Once you get an assigned rep, they do respond fairly quickly. It's getting that initial contact that may be a bit delayed.
The cost is a bit high. Faster initial support responses would be better.
- Different versions for various use cases (e.g. a special edition for WordPress only)
- Extremely easy setup on many cloud platforms (e.g. on DigitalOcean)
- Intuitive interface
- Straightforward process for setting up e-mails & databases
- Some sort of marketplace for installing software with only one click
- Many extensions available (e.g. Let's Encrypt)
- Different pricing plans depending on your use case
- 30 day trial before purchase
- Some setups are not possible because Plesk restricts some features you have on a root server; if you are an extremely advanced sysadmin you might should not use a control panel
Ease of use
Light in ram
In a open source World, it's so bad!
The best feature of plesk is different licenses for small to bigger host.
Plesk has great intuitive interface to manage all aspect of web hosting business. It is rich in features that are not available in other such software. File Manager and Database management solutions are great way to handle bigger files.
Also licensing model for small hosting is a great feature so at all levels you get the best solutions.
Most extensions are very expensive as compared the licensing cost of plesk. No integration of Clamav in plesk so need to pay for antivirus in plesk
We manage our websites including our main website using Plesk, and we also created a nice shared hosting environment using Plesk.
Plesk helped us build a big audience of shared hosting. We could easily create packages that come with WordPress installed.
Our customers found Plesk useful, easy to use and handy.
Plesk gives us whatever we need,
Plesk has automated updates, integration with other software and a handy API interface.
Plesk also has cool people who manages their Twitter account, they always respond in minutes.
Plesk's WordPress plugin is one of it's most-liked features, our customers mostly choose to go especially with Plesk just because of the WordPress plugin.
The add-on packages system is also cool, we can easily add our customers additional resources and can also easily charge them.
Pricing is a bit out of hand, it's better than it's biggest opponent, cPanel though.
The various parameters associated with web hosting can be managed via Plesk. You need not have to access the server remotely to perform various operations. Instead, you just need to login using the Plesk credentials and manage the required quota.
Plesk is easy to use and offers a simplified user interface. The domains, emails, and databases can be created by clicking the relevant options. It is possible to view the allocation of disk space and bandwidth directly on the dashboard. The database can be managed from the Plesk control panel.
The Plesk control panel is slow to work upon. The panel shows the whole of the allocated data instead of data that is being consumed.
Easy use, mobile application, wide range of addons
Sometimes it's harder to find some settings
Our servers are always-on!
It's very customizable, has a perfect first party support, the API is open to almost anything you can imagine, a big market for third party invoicing addons, the graphics are very nice and has a lot of plugins. It even has support for Docker now.
If you buy the software by a third party reseller, you're stuck with their support. You'll have to either buy a support plan with them or change the license and buy with them directly.
I am an Account Manager and I have to log in to a client's FTP and manage their scheduled tasks from time to time. Plesk is a life saver and allows me to easily navigate and update what I need. Saves a lot of time and effort.
It makes the whole process of managing a server way easier, especially for people like me who are not are not server whizzes.
I can't think of anything. There are a few nuances to the navigation, but it's super easy to figure them out.
Web hosting management so Earth Skater small business owners have self service access to hosting features as needed.
Earth Skater, a leader in small business e-commerce, has been with Plesk for over 8 years and the product, timely updates, and especially customer service have been impeccable.
The event triggers and API could be improved on the earlier version of Plesk.
Plesk helped us reduce man hours needed to run and manage our business while increasing performance, security and peace of mind.
Simple ease of use and well rounded set of features.
Price of extensions can add up very fast.
We have been using plesk in the control panel for more than 2 years, we have not had any problems yet. Everything works smoothly, quickly and comfortably. We've tried other hosting boards, but none is equal to this.
Some modules are paid and depend on the plan. Prices are not small.
Solves our web hosting and email needs for our customers!
Fast and intuitive. Comforting to know that if and when issues arise, support staff are readily available to help. Great knowledge base too.
Autodiscover for email is absent for some strange reason.
With my experience during our period with plesk.. We have an outstanding experience so far.. Their support is great because they are always ready to help.. Their is also knowledgeable base to find answer to your question if you missed somethings.
Easy to use
Features & Functionality is great
Customer Support is awesome
You enjoy the Value for Money
Sometimes I find it hard to locate somethings but later get used to it through online support
Overall its best side is on windows servers, its by far the most complete and stable panel.
Easy of install and configure. Many plugins. Stable and reliable. Keeps improving and adding new features.
Support is not as fast as other competitors.
Clone, migrate and wordpress maintenance very easy
Easy and faster, we developer wordpress site for many clients, and we can clone and migrare very easy
Some functions are not free, sometimes you need time to learn plesk