Adobe Captivate Erfahrungen

Sortieren nach

• Unternehmensgröße: 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Feature-Rich Design and Development

Bewertet am 22.10.2019

I've preferred Captivate to Storyline throughout my career. Most orgs seem to lean toward Storyline because the UI is so similar to working in PowerPoint. I definitely prefer the more robust feature set that gets quality, regular updates/enhancements that comes with Captivate.

The ongoing updates and upgrades continue to make this software easier to use for those new to it, and also expedites building many of the interactions. Really enjoy the Assets feature as well when looking to switch things up a little - really helps with inspiration and new ideas. The online community is also really great with supporting each other and lending new ideas. The different preview options that are built in are fantastic and load so much faster than Storyline.

There are still a lot of work-arounds needed for some interaction types to meet digital accessibility needs, but that's to be expected with almost any software. When capturing video, you cannot capture device audio.

• Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Great tool for creating training slides

Bewertet am 9.6.2020

I thoroughly enjoy using Adobe Captivate. Some companies designate employees to solely focus on Captivate and it's uses within their workforce. I believe that is an appropriate action as there is so much that in can be used for and it's a worthwhile investment.

I loved how you can create panels and embed videos within those panels for training purposes. Captivate can be used in meetings as presentation slides as well even though other programs may be better for that purpose.

What I like least is kind of a strength of the software. It is so robust that training on how to use the software is necessary. You can jump right in without training but you can miss a lot of the perks that Captivate offers.

Calum
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter
  • Weitere für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Great for basic eLearning - but not the best

Bewertet am 12.11.2019

It's good. I spent around 2 years using Captivate as my only tool for eLearning development. I now use Articulate Storyline 360 as my main tool, but have dipped back in to Captivate for features such as the screen recording

Having come into the eLearning world as a Flash developer, it was so easy to use. If you have nay background in Flash, or any basic programming knowledge, it is highly transferable to the way that Adobe have built captivate.

Screen recording feature that captures mouse clicks etc.

It's just too complicated. Steep learning curve which was difficult for me when trying to train new employees how to use Captivate to develop eLearning. Impossible to train SME's to use for storyboarding etc in a way that has any return on the time that would need to be spent training them (in fairness, they do have the storyboard add on for this function).

In comparison to an alternative such as Articulate Storyline 360 - it is overly complicated.

Responsive content development is a real pain. I understand the methodology here, using a CSS style layout to develop content that can run on any display - but I tripled my hours to make this work on a freelance project which causes the client to walk away. In the real world, using a scalable player is a better solution, which it can do, but given the fact that Adobe promote the "responsive" design so heavily as one of their key features - I personally wouldn't waste my time on it again. I don't believe the world need truly "responsive" eLearning.

• Branche: Computer-Software
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

I'm sad because I found this program late.

Bewertet am 5.5.2022

I find my experience with this software great and it helped me build some of the things I needed before
Using this, I was able to set up exams for myself, and to help out some colleaguesed before.

With Adobe Captivate, you can become a professional e-learning content writer with advanced interactive programs, scenario simulations and exams, also it does not require programming skills.
It contains many templates that you can add. You can capture the screen, record screen activity, and synchronize audio and video very easily
Adobe Captivate provides multiple animation effects, such as Adobe After Effects, where you can create sequential animations for a group of objects or for an individual object in an easy and simple way.
You can create exam questions and place them randomly due to avoiding cheating, and also after all this you can publish it in several publishing methods such as HTML5, exe.

In my opinion, I find it a little expensive, other than that the content creation tools are a little limited .

Jordanne
Jordanne
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Exciting Product but not quite as intuitive as you would want

Bewertet am 6.2.2019

I love all of the features of this software. You really can do a lot with it such as create responsive learning modules, VR modules, and knowledge check videos among other things. Once you master the authoring aspect I really do think you can make amazing learning modules. I like that you can make e-learning modules that really span the entire gauntlet of what online learning can be, from simply uploading powerpoints to be viewed online, to creating incredibly immersive and engaging online modules.

It's not really as intuitive as Adobe would have you believe. They pitch it as software that you really use "out of the box" as it were, but that is only true if you are trying to do things that are really really simple like a software simulation or an instructional video. However if you are imagining that you can buy this and almost immediately make engaging modules with quizzes and games and quiz videos, I think you will be disappointed especially since the customer support from adobe is also not the best.

Craig
  • Branche: Versicherung
  • Monatlich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

Adobe Captivate not the choice for me

Bewertet am 12.1.2023

I understand this is a great tool but the price, large time investment required to be proficient, unintuitive navigation, and high bandwidth it takes up made the product not worth it.

Even though I didn’t have a great experience with this product, I recognize you can create really awesome courses, elearnings, microlearnings, etc.

My issues with Adobe Captivate can be boiled down to three things:1. Despite the interface looking familiar, I found it very difficult to navigate and perform basic functions.2. At the time I was using a virtual desktop to work and found this software put a great strain on my computer…so much so that everything moved at a snails pace.3. I acknowledge that, with time and effort, I could have learned to be proficient with Adobe Captivate. But that time investment, for the high the price, wasn’t feasible (especially considering if we chose this software, we’d have to teach others to use it as well).

Rachel
Rachel
  • Branche: Risikokapital & privates Eigenkapital

Great Adobe product

Bewertet am 9.1.2019

Easy to use, Adobe is consistent in their buttons and features - so if you know how to use an adobe product, you'll at least be able to navigate this.

Adobe can also have a learning curve, which can make it difficult for newbies.

• Branche: Konsumgüter

Pdf reader

Bewertet am 9.9.2019

This has been of a great help to me in reading and editing out pdf documents.

It doesnt really have any drawbacks. I an satisfied using this software.

• Branche: Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen

Use Often

Bewertet am 16.7.2019

The perfect and most powerful course authoring tool.

The perfect and most powerful course authoring tool.

So many features such as responsive design, screen recording and script writing.

I feel overwhelmed at times to keep up with latest editions.

Courses Designing by Captivate

Bewertet am 24.11.2020

I used this software for creating courses online for my Organizations and I have found very useful specially in COVID19 Situation around the Globe however my most favorite feature of this software to choose the answer types by several options like multi choose, choose one etc

Its configurations related to issuing certificate is tricky which is not very user friendly and it needs to made simple and easy

Cheikh
  • Branche: Computer-Software
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

A formidable force in the e-learning sphere

Bewertet am 10.8.2021

Adobe Captivate saves me a lot of time with my clients

Adobe Captivate saves me a lot of time with my clients

While I am new to the platform, I am impressed. My current work demands me to use it over all other operating systems. Having used the entirety of Adobe Creative Cloud and other e-learning products, the switch to this platform is seamless.
Captivate is one of the top-tier development packages, although it has a high entry cost. The platform is robust and rich in nuances, allowing for extensive exploration of alternatives for designing completely customized courses and user interfaces.

While you may delve extensively into extended interactions, data reporting, and so on, the learning curve for knowing advanced actions, keywords, and so on is enormous. Variables get buried and are not as easy to manipulate as they are in Articulate Replay, but they are buried for a reason: you can really accomplish more with Captivate than you can with its rival application with similar features. To continue nitpicking, I'm not a fan of the filmstrip display used to illustrate the slide tale. This is a feature I admire in Articulate's e-learning since it strongly encourages non-linear branching, while the linear movie clip does little to inspire users to create complex learning opportunities, perpetuating the linear death by slides prevalent in virtual learning.

Felix Manuel
  • Branche: Metallabbau
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Adobe Captivate saves time and money for you and your company

Bewertet am 27.3.2019

Since 2012 I'm using Captivate for make all the documentation and instruction manual for many software or website I've developed or I collaborated with, saving me and the companies a lot of time and troubles. This is very recommended for freelance developers and companies as well (companies of any kind that have employees using any software).

This software save you a lot of time on making your software documentation and/or how to teach the final user to use the software or website they need to do their work. Remember, “A picture is worth a thousand words”, and I think a video is worth a thousand pictures.

This is special useful on companies that have many employees, or with employees distributed for all the country/world. Companies that needs to take working the new employees as soon as possible, with a minimum loss of time on teaching him/her the new employee on how to use the software needed for their job.

In my special case, I need to complement this software with one video-editing software, for take more advantage and do more things that final user of my software/web very appreciate. However, Captivate works just fine by itself.

Alisa

Almost non-existent customer support

Bewertet am 7.1.2020

It contains all the functions that we need.

Customer support is non-existent. The automatic bot will chat with you for a bit then maybe a CS person will send you a link to their help page. If you need more help, they will schedule a call with you and never show up.
Customer Service outsourced to India.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

BRIDGE

Warum Adobe Captivate gewählt wurde

Outdated look, difficult administration.

Zuvor genutzte Software

Accord LMS

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Adobe Captivate

Annoying selling strategy in Bridge.
Sameer
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Best tool for simulation and VR modules

Bewertet am 20.9.2019

Captivate is the best for simulation as compared to any other tool in the market. It the only tool which having 360 interactive output and can implement lots of things which will be in another tool in future.

There is no match for this tool for simulation of any website of the software.
Now it's including a fluid box for responsive design and it works really well on different sized devices.
We used to develop content for pure HTML 5 output and it output file works without any flash support.

Sometimes it becomes stuck when we try to insert assets from the library even if the RAM is 8GB.
Other than that it is the best tool available in the market place.

• Branche: Telekommunikation
  • Weitere für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Incredible E-Learning tool!

Bewertet am 13.4.2020

Overall, I loved receiving the training created in Adobe Captivate. It is a great web-based training tool.

I have received training that has been created with Adobe Captivate and I can say it was great. It helped us stay focused and engaged with the whole learning experience. I couldn't believe this training was created locally and it was so successful that the training was launched globally.

After received training, I requested to receive training for the creation of training material for my team. This is not your average tool, you need a lot of time to learn how to create engaging interactions. I wish there was an easier version for faster creation of the material.

Michael
  • Branche: Bankwesen
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

ELearning Design at it’s best!

Bewertet am 5.12.2019

Adobe Captivate has the power to help you create riveting eLearning experiences. It’s not as expensive as the competition, so you also get more bang for your buck.

This software can do just about anything that you would like for your eLearning courses. It’s easy to create interactive software demos, video role-plays, and detailed quizzes. If you have Adobe Captivate Prime, you can upload directly into the LMS. But even if you use another LMS, it’s easy to create a SCORM file and import it in.

It’s not the most intuitive product. You can do just about anything you would imagine, but it will take some experimentation. However, if you stick with it (or look up a few how-to’s on YoutTube) you’ll be all set!

• Branche: Fluggesellschaften/Luftfahrt
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Adobe

Bewertet am 23.1.2019

Overall, a good experience

Overall, a good experience

I like how many things you can do with it. You can literally edit any document any way you want.

The only problem I've had with Adobe is that sometimes documents freeze every once in a while.

Michelle
  • Branche: Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Perfect for any size business

Bewertet am 31.3.2019

Used over and over again, never had any issues

Used over and over again, never had any issues

Works with all programs I have used and perfect for any size business

The cost gets a little pricey when you have a fairly large company

• Branche: Einzelhandel
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

not a great authoring tool

Bewertet am 22.10.2021

it's adobe, so that's about the real pro it has going for it.

besides being adobe in name, it mirrors no other adobe product on the UI side. it also isn't as intuitive as other authoring products and also doesnt really work with AICC compliant content

Rebecca
Rebecca
  • Branche: Personalwesen
  • Weitere für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Huge learning curve, but lots of functionality

Bewertet am 26.3.2019

It really was not a business option for us since we needed interactive e-learning right away, and the learning curve prevented us from being able to use this software. I have not tried Adobe Captivate Prime but I am curious to know if they have fixed this problem with that software!

This tool does a LOT of things related to learning - it can produce interactivity, animation, skip logic, videos, and SCORM/TinCan integration. You can create a lot of wonderful things in this software and implement it across your organization and track user learning in-depth.

It is a bear to learn. With Storyline, you can pick it up in minutes and create something that looks good and achieves a goal right away. With Captivate, you need to break out the training videos, start small, and prepare to move slowly through the process of learning this software.

Eric
  • Branche: Versicherung

Easy to use!

Bewertet am 26.4.2019

I liked the fact it was easy to use. If i had any problems i could find a video to show me how to do it.

There are some features that did not work the way you would like.

Dorothy
  • Branche: Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr

Great product

Bewertet am 3.3.2023

Great product for our needs

Great product for our needs

Easy to navigate for knowledgeable user - Avatar type in or speech and speech to text - Software simulations

Tricky settings - Freezing file, long to proceed (Scrom) responsive on design - Text to speech quality

Niel
  • Branche: Gastgewerbe
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Great addition to Articulate

Bewertet am 2.4.2020

I learned Flash while it was still relevant. It helped me understand the layering of the Adobe Product and it's use. It is a great tool to show new users how to use a software and then quiz the participant of he/she is paying attention by asking to replicate the shown process.

It can be a bit glitchy in the LMS and may allow a user to click past the quiz depending on the authoring software. I had to upload to the LMS in a staging environment and test before deploying the WBT live to users. This took time.

Melisa
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Personalized Training and Education

Bewertet am 27.9.2022

We are customizing our training so we are using only our own courseware compared to contracting it out to another entity.

I love the ease of quickly creating quizes, tutorial videos and presentations.

There is a little bit of curve to learn how to create and manage the interactions but Adobe provides free tutorials and examples to help guide you through.

Surinder
  • Branche: Personalwesen

Adobe Captivate

Bewertet am 25.11.2019

Overall it is good product. Haven't had a chance to use it for other online learning expect CF Specialist program.

Signed up for the 'Adobe ColdFusion CF Specialist Certificate' program and had the chance to use Adobe Captivate as the learning content setup by Adobe.

The links sent by Adobe to login into Adobe Captivate worked in one Browser and not in other. Sometimes, even after login, it just keeps spinning without no reason