Samsara

Kevin
Kevin
  • Branche: Verbraucherdienste
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use, does most of what we need

Bewertet am 15.2.2019

Working with samsara has been good, initially watch out how you sign up with the overall contract, make sure you sign up through Samsara and not the financing company they send over first.

Uses google maps, so little to no learning curve on how to operate the GPS software. Quick refresh time, about 15-20 second delay from actual location when driving, very good compared to 1 minute delays from other companies. Easy to add locations in bulk through csv list importing, easy to see where vehicles are on the map and where they have been.

Route optimization would be nice, to be able to put in a list of addresses and click optimize. Currently you can only do this with delivery times, but if you are a service industry like mowing, it does not make sense to put in delivery time windows. CSV bulk address importing will duplicate entries if you upload a list with a few updates, so keep that in mind. Would be nice if it would recognize duplicates and ask if you want to update or skip them.

Scott
  • Branche: Bau

Expectations Continue To Be Exceededed

Bewertet am 3.4.2024

From the very start, it was obvious, that this was not just another GPS service. From the first class customer support, to the information, and ease of use.
Implementation is so easy, therefore cutting down on time a tech spends on installation.

Where to start.
Daily monitoring and ease of editing drivers logbooks.
Sharing location (live) with techs and repair services, of down units.
Allowing techs and others users creative limits on access to information.
Reports, reports, reports. There are so many reports made available, and easy to understand.
Customer support! Best customer support staff you can wish for.

It isn't on every machine we have in the fleet!

Mark

ADVISE YOU NOT TO SIGN A CONTRACT WITH THEM

Bewertet am 4.3.2024

WOULD LIKE TO STOP EXISTING SO THEY COULD TRY TO BILL MY UNEXISTING BODY!!!!!

WOULD LIKE TO STOP EXISTING SO THEY COULD TRY TO BILL MY UNEXISTING BODY!!!!!

THAT WE'VE LEARNED A LESSON NEVER TO WORK WITH THEM

TRASH CONTRACT, ROPES YOU IN FOR YEARS ON END

Kristina
  • Branche: Umweltdienstleistungen
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Samsara - pricey, but great features and user-friendly

Bewertet am 16.12.2023

Our overall experience with Samsara was great. We had dedicated representatives on our account who were very responsive. In the infrequent event that we had any hardware issues, their support staff was readily available and helped us with little issue. The overall platform is visually appealing and easy to navigate. All the information you may need for tracking as well as vehicle maintenance is included in their services. I highly recommend them if you are able to budget for their services.

We most liked the visual set up of the overall online platform. It was very easy to retrieve the data needed and extremely easy to rename vehicles/assign drivers/view miles and fault codes, etc. Samsara offers all the features we were looking for in a GPS tracking platform: visibility, real-time tracking, trip history, IFTA information, and fault codes.

I am reviewing Samsara because we used them at my previous company. I cannot say there is anything we disliked about Samsara. Ultimately we did not renew our contract after our initial 3 year term due to the company downsizing considerably and could not justify the cost. But we rarely had issues with the hardware or software and everything was fairly easy to install and operate.

William
  • Branche: Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen

Samsara in the EMS setting

Bewertet am 28.3.2024

My overall experience with Samsara has been very positive. Starting with the sales rep [sensitive content hidden] W, he was very professional, knowledgeable about the product and very eager to assist with any questions we had. The product delivery was very fast and was well packaged. Installation of the product was very easy and with [sensitive content hidden] help was done within a few hours. Setup of the system was very simple and the tutorial videos made it easy to navigate the dashboard. All that said I don't know why every Company doesn't utilize this system.

Samsara is user friendly and takes much of the guess work out of locating our Ambulances. Whether using on mobile device or on a computer Samsara has become a vital part of our everyday operations. We use Samsara for Maintenance tracking/documentation, real time tracking of assets along with monitoring of safety concerns.

I personally have not found anything with this system that I like less than any other feature.

Mihail

Samsara User

Bewertet am 9.12.2021

Customer service it's very poor. I takes forever to fix simple problem. In case if app quit working or something went wrong and driver gets an violation because of the app customer service refuse to fix or remove that violation. Be careful with contract. They hook customers on service agreement ,in case if you cancel before term they will ask for return the device back plus pay the rest of the term left.

Manager dashboard it's really good developed, and easy to use. GPS its accurate and camera works great and fast.

Driver app its hard to use and it's slow. Hard time to edit logs. Crossing border glitches. Doesn't give warning to driver in case if driver forget to do DVIR.

Warum Samsara gewählt wurde

Because they don't have camera option and it's expensive.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Samsara

I thought it's great customer service and great app for drivers but I was wrong. After so many cases open with technical department I decided to move.
Chris
  • Branche: Verbraucherdienste

Great tracking program

Bewertet am 20.3.2024

Really good program overall. Makes tracking our fleet easy

Really good program overall. Makes tracking our fleet easy

Accurate position, real time tracking. Many extra features that help with fleet management

The inability to hover over the path taken by a vehicle at any point to see what the time / speed of the vehicle was at that time. It only logs a time when the vehicle is stopped for a while

Samsara is Great

Bewertet am 13.3.2024

Samsara has helped to optimize my fleet. It is very accurate for tracking purposes and outperforms other ELD's that I have used.

Customer service is slow to get fixes for issues that we have encountered during the initial launch phase.

• Branche: Essen & Trinken
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Monatlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Great Newer System With Huge Potential

Bewertet am 12.9.2019

The sales rep was a bit pushy, the management is very knowledgeable and eager to work with you, and the engineer they sent to help with commissioning was very helpful in making that process go smoothly and providing effective training. Samsara is great about quick responses, I don't have to wait long with a question.

A web-based vision system administration platform means being able to check on the camera feed and make adjustments in real time on my work laptop, home computer, cellphone, or tablet. The software is easy to set up and the implementation assistance Samsara provided made commissioning a simple task when compared to other industrial vision systems. The quality of the camera is apparent from the moment you take it out of the box, and the software is made with the modern user in mind. The other thing that really impressed me was that for what you pay, you receive free feature-rich firmware and software updates to your equipment during the life of your contract. This has already improved the effectiveness of our system quite a bit.

On the hardware side, connecting the camera system to our existing line equipment was a bit difficult since the unit is designed to work on 12VDC instead of 24VDC or 120VAC which are far more common in industrial control systems. On the software side, there is a noticeable amount of lag at times when making adjustments. I'm not sure if that's connectivity or optimization issues, but it can make fine-tuning a bit difficult.

michael
  • Branche: Automotive
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

I dont appreciate autorenewals without prior authorization

Bewertet am 19.6.2023

had the product for years. Very outdated. Auto renew without permission. Looked to move to another company more modern and was held to a contract I didnt agree to autosign with

GPS was the only thing we got from this. Cameras dont capture much of anything

No live streaming, and terrible Customer service

Antwort von Samsara

Michael, we apologize for the frustrating experience you had. We appreciate your feedback and have forwarded it to our team.

Erika

Easy ELD program

Bewertet am 10.9.2019

We analyzed about six ELD programs before making the decision to go with Samsara. It has been an easy transition from paper log books to ELD for most of our drivers. The additional data we get on the truck performance is invaluable. We have been able to extract information to improve business performance over many categories. In addition, Samsara support has always been very quick to address our concerns or fix issues we find.

This program offers a lot of features and has allowed us to extract data that our small company did not previously have easy access to. Managing HOS, fuel usage, IFTA and more are easier now that we use Samsara. In addition, it is easy to use and even our least tech-savvy drivers have been able to use it without issue.

There are a lot of tweaks to the system on a regular basis, which sometimes affects the interface of the product. This confuses some of our drivers and is difficult to keep up with for those without much technical/computer knowledge.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Samsara

Samsara seemed to be the most cost effective and user friendly product overall. We like that it also includes temp probes for our reefer trailers and we were able to purchase tablet interfaces instead of needing a specific device. The drivers can have the app backed up on their phone in case of incident and the tablet can double for them to watch training videos, access emails and messages and more.
Nicholas

Samsara Review

Bewertet am 22.9.2020

The total experience has been far superior to any of the other ELD or GPS companies we've worked with in the past.

Customer fueled app and software updates.

The company is growing so fast that you lose grasp of your initial contact people to newer roles and have to revert back to their support email. Responses are still handled in a more than sufficient time frame though so it hasn't been a real issue.

Verizon Connect, Motive, Teletrac Navman DIRECTOR und Rhino Fleet Tracking

Warum Samsara gewählt wurde

Fees for equipment AND installation. Installs needed the trucks blocked for days costing $. Software was nothing special and customer service was a nightmare.

Teletrac Navman DIRECTOR

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Samsara

Combination of Corporate options/pricing and ease of use
Julia
  • Branche: Gastgewerbe

Buyer beware

Bewertet am 24.3.2022

Samsara engages in unethical business practices. Buyer Beware.
I had canceled my contract and...

Samsara engages in unethical business practices. Buyer Beware.
I had canceled my contract and purchased another system.
The company was very clear that the contract would not renew. Low and behold, they automatically renewed it and are giving me the run around.
Also, they double billed me in 2020 and I had to fight tooth and nail to have them credit my account.
I was also sent and billed for a device I never used. I contacted them immediately about their shippng error. It was a nightmare. Their finance department strong arms you.
They spend all their money on their sales team. The customer service and billing departments are ruthless and unethical.
GO ELSEWHERE.

Here was my letter to their finance dept
"1) have an unused GPS device from Samsara, I want to make sure I haven't been charged for this.
2) The program hasn't been working for Dogwalks. There are at least two vans that I cannot track using the latest version of Chrome. I was on the phone with customer service for over an hour trying to troubleshoot this one day.
3) The system did not work for months for a few of our vehicles. Samsara customer support was of no help. I had to pay a mechanic hundreds of dollars to find the problem and fix it.
4) Yesterday I wanted to find out where I could find information about the different "contracts" Dogwalks has but unfortunately I was constantly interrupted. I'd like to work with a person at Samsara that can help me understand how Samsara works. I genuinely did not understand

Easy to install
Provides GPS tracking but not as detailed or accurate of other companies.

Doesn't work in Chrome. Had to spend hours with customer service, renewing Chrome, logging on to different devices and browsers to no avail. So I could only track some NOT all of my fleet. This went on for months and I was never given a credit.

William
  • Branche: Lagerung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Smarter choices

Bewertet am 24.9.2021

It is a choice which we will be regretting until the contract expires
Keep Truckin' and Verizon...

It is a choice which we will be regretting until the contract expires
Keep Truckin' and Verizon would have been far smarter choices.

Having less than one year, I assure all, there are none.

This company seems to be the perfect example of a company including too much, most of which is quite unnecessary .
Most of it constantly fails.

Warum Samsara gewählt wurde

Advice of insurance company. Horrible advice from insurance company. Our Verizon system is still active. With the constant failures of Samsara, and basically useless customer service we are still relying on Verizon.

Verizon Connect

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Samsara

Advice of insurance company. Hopefully not a mistake we will repeat. Keep Trucking would have been a superior choice.5
LeRoy
  • Branche: Baumaterial

Very satisfied Customer

Bewertet am 30.9.2020

We have been very happy with Customer service. The Cameras are very clear with good night vision as well.

Samsara has been an eye opener for us, not just in Compliance, but in aspects of safety as well. It has a built in accountability for each driver, and allows the Safety Director to access driving behavior as well. Speed, harsh braking and AI technology at stop signs has become a positive peer pressure for the drivers, at the same time reducing operating and maintenance costs per vehicle.

We are very happy with the software. It is meeting our expectations

Elmo

Samsara vs Teletrac

Bewertet am 13.9.2019

Overall the product is very reliable, the company is very proactive in checking on units and sending out new ones when tracking unit does not even show us a problem. they are very quick to send out add on units. customer service is GREAT !

Very comprehensive. There are probably more thing built into the software than we actually loose.

would like to see mile markers easier on the map search when looking at trucks.

Dillon

Samsara review

Bewertet am 5.9.2023

Overall samsara does work well for dispatch logistics/ log management.

Overall samsara does work well for dispatch logistics/ log management.

Api available to our maintenance system is the biggest pro to this system

They need more APIs to multiple Canadian fleet fuel cards, Petro Canada for example. Their prices are very high as well, I can understand the cost of the gateway but cameras should be bundled with gateways for less. Also non-powered asset gateways should cost way less than they do for just location tracking. Logs are the main reason companies have to use this software Since the mandates by the government these logs still have glitches the oilfield exemption still needs work and needs to be prioritized higher as officers will not care if it is a software problem logs must be correct. They should work with companies closely to try to help improve this software to aid all parties involved most importantly the drivers themselves. The obvious next step once logs for oilfield exemption have come out of beta is to start building some driver ticket/bol automatically from the driver's logs that can be directly input into some accounting software for invoicing this is a feature that would actually add value and may be worth more.

Ricky

Disappointed and Unsupported

Bewertet am 29.11.2021

Crap

Crap

The control and data entry portion of the daily log is good and easy enough to understand.

This list will be lengthy....

1. Random duty status changes for no apparent reason and into statuses that shouldn't be possible. For example while driving it puts you into ON DUTY NOT DRIVING or just the opposite.

2. While driving it will switch to you co-driver and start logging on their log.

3. Won't track and will enter wrong locations in completely other states.

4. Will lock you out and not allow entries... their answer... uninstall and reinstall. Like I have tome for this especially in low data signal areas.

5. Day / Night mode is at set times which don't cha need bases on time of year so you have this huge bright white screen staring at you while driving at night in rain and snow. Not a problem if you aren't close on time monitoring it.

6. Message system is pure crap... no DELETE an no MARK AS READ options.

7. Often will not detect driving or motion of the vehicle and must be entered manually which means I have to pull over and stop on busy highways to do this... that's safety.

Antwort von Samsara

Hi Ricky - Thanks for providing this feedback on our product. We've shared it with the team and hope to make improvements in the future.

Brandon

Has Potential

Bewertet am 26.10.2020

There's so much potential with this company. I was extremely happy when I first signed up with them and had an excellent experience the first year and a half. It wasn't until I ran into my first issue and need help from customer service and accounting. My business is not valued at all. Another 1 until my contracts are finished and I will find another provider for my GPS and ELD services.

Very user friendly. Accurate and up to date latest information.

Absolute worst customer service I think I've ever dealt with in my professional 10 year career. You can not get a hold of them by phone. No matter how many voicemails you leave, no one ever returns your call. 2nd option is email. I don't know how many I've sent over the last few months to address one issue. No one responds or cares.

Antwort von Samsara

Hi Brandon, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us we always aim to put our customers first and are very sorry to hear this has been your experience. A manager from our Support team will be giving you a call so we can help address your concerns.

LILIANA

Software constantly has issues

Bewertet am 29.10.2020

The software constantly has glitches. Some glitches were not so important to me but, others made Samsara more of liability. Also, it was always a challenge to get help when system had issues. The response I received 95% of the time was... Our engineers are working to get this resolved and months would go by before the problem was solved. Not to mention I was locked into a contract for 3 yrs.

It is cloud based, has real time location of truck with map and has a driver app.

Software is faulty. Most recent issue gateway is supposed to automatically record driving time but, it's recording driving AFTER driver is going off duty and truck is parked.. causing HOS violations on log.. tried editing but, because the edit is from DRIVING (incorrectly recorded) to OFF DUTY it indicates there is still an ELD violation. Reached out to Samsara they said it will be about 2 months before this can be fixed. I've decided not to renew my contract.

Hi Liliana,
We're really sorry to hear this has been your experience and apologize for the frustration this may have caused you. We'd like to work together to make sure we resolve all of the issues you've been experiencing - please reach back out to our Support team at 415-329-6900 and we'll get this sorted ASAP.

Gary
  • Branche: Forschung

You WILL loose video

Bewertet am 15.6.2021

Not very good. They said this is a stated limitation.

Not very good. They said this is a stated limitation.

You will loose the first minute of almost all motion, the camera doesn't turn on when driving below 5MPH this means for the first 45 seconds or so, you will get no video, this is more than often in my experience have found when drivers will hit a wall or another car. I have missed 5 accidents so far. I subscribed to 3 years with my whole fleet, after on year, I am chalking this up as a loss. :(

Doesnt record when the vehicle is powered on. You WILL loose important info. I never see when they leave a location, it doesn't kick on until they have hit the road. This means when they first pull of from ANYWHERE, you will loose all video

Lynx

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Samsara

Cheaper, but you get what you pay for.
MANJIT

customer service

Bewertet am 16.6.2020

its been over 2 years , so far we are very happy with the service and functionality of the product.

Samasara has a great reputation in the trucking industry. we are using GPS tracking and we are very satisfied with the service.

we are using trailer tracking system from last 2+ years. we are very satisfied due to:
system is very easy to use, great customer service , price is very reasonable, knowledgeable & very helpful staff.

Verizon Connect und Azuga Fleet

Warum Samsara gewählt wurde

fleet complete failed to provide us the service, we tried with fleet complete for about 2 years.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Samsara

because of the cost, product and knowledge
Jamie
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Game Changing

Bewertet am 10.9.2019

Game Changing. Time Saving.

Game Changing. Time Saving.

Throughout the evolution of the product in our 18 months of use, the additional features have made navigation and reporting more simple for the user and administrator. Tracking hours of service and keeping 135 drivers compliant has changed from reviewing individual logs for accuracy to scanning for violations. Knowing how many hours a driver has available tomorrow at a glance makes an immediate impact on our logistics experts ability to assign work. It's not just drivers and compliance that benefit, our logistics team, dispatchers, compliance team and the clients in the vehicles all WIN.

Inability to prevent a driver that has logged out from being put back on duty. If a member of the fleet team moves a vehicle without logging in to that vehicle, the software places the unassigned movement on the log of the last person that was signed in.

Stellar Experience with Samsara Fleet Management

Bewertet am 20.12.2023

In summary, Samsara has significantly enhanced our fleet's efficiency, safety, and overall performance. I highly recommend Samsara to any organization seeking a top-notch fleet management solution.

The reliability of Samsara's hardware and software is commendable. We've experienced minimal downtime, and the system's scalability aligns perfectly with our growing needs.

Not receiving email notifications and alerts

James
  • Branche: Versorgungsunternehmen

A great system

Bewertet am 6.8.2018

We had another elog system that we had issues with the system connecting to it's own components in the truck and keeping a signal so that the driver could stay logged in on the system. The Samsara system has removed all of the issues with connectivity.
It also has a much better dashboard of features than the other elog system. When you can give engine codes to the repair shop, repairs can be done quicker as well.
A feature the previous system did not come with at all was a dash camera. The Samsara system allows you to add on a camera that works in conjunction with the system. For our business, we decided to do the dual cam so we can see what the driver is doing as well as see what was going on in front of the truck. When the drivers heard we were looking at getting cameras, they asked to see if we were going to get the driver cam. The drivers wanted to make sure we got them so that when the next car versus truck accident happens to them, they will more likely be found not at fault since they want to be seen as paying attention and not distracted. Of course there are the drivers that did not want them due to "big brother" concerns. Everyone does agree when the time comes, that the camera will save their job if they were doing their job.

The software is all on the internet. I can use the fleet management portion on my tablet, my phone, or any computer as long as I have my login information. So far any tablet or phone I have tried the driver app on has worked.

Only the most minor of issues and even then it is almost not worth mentioning however to be an honest review I do need to mention it. The driver app has locked up while being used on the tablet. No reason has been found as to why as of yet. The app also does not keep the tablet screen on when the app is running which some people don't see as an issue.