Domotz

4,9 (100)
Eine Bewertung schreiben
Remoteüberwachung und -management in einer IdD-Welt.

Sortieren nach

• Branche: Öl & Energie
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

There is no better option anywhere near this price point

Bewertet am 16.4.2019

Domotz gives us the ability to monitor remote locations without the expense of needing a tech onsite. When considering the price-point of this software, I can install as many agents as I need without worrying about huge bills that will show up later.

Something else that needs mentioning, the customer support is absolutely amazing. I have dealt with enterprise level support throughout all areas of the industry and Domotz really does put all those big guys in a corner. The response time and attention to customer's needs could not be better.

The client is extremely easy to setup and light weight.

The auto-detection has to be about the fastest on the market. Many times I get an alert for a new device on the network before I even realize it has pulled an IP.

No matter which level you subscribe to, you would be hard pressed to match this feature set with anything else on the market, and, even if you could, it would not look as nice nor function as well.

This platform just flat-out works, and it works very well. Almost everyday I stumble across a feature that I didn't even know existed.

My only issue, and this may sound ridiculous to many, but, I am somewhat old school; and it often takes me longer than it should to figure out the newer, cleaner software that just did not exist 10 years ago.

This is more than likely a personal problem, not an issue with the platform.

Niels
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Domotz offers exactly what i was searching for

Bewertet am 9.8.2022

The product is easy to use, has alot of options that i missed by default in other monitoring software. And offers a intuitive dashboard that is easy to navigate.

If i had to name anything it would probably be the fact that Domotz primarily (as far as i have been able to see) through a cloud portal. I havent been able to find a option yet to only run the software on dedicated hardware without the portal.

Filippo
Filippo

Big surprise!!!

Bewertet am 1.3.2021

This plaform help us to monitor some customer networks to proactive solve issue. Very helpfully!

We leave from another platform because the cost was most expensive. During a Synology DSM 7 Beta test, we found this cloud network platform and we try to use it. The features is not the same like the platform abandoned, but the features is constantly a work in progress. The support is very professional and a very smart team. The plus, is that the idea and development is an Italian team, and for an italian citizen is a very proud plus!

The only things I don't like is the subnet scan that is a /22 scanning. But, the support team is on piece to help you to improve it.

• Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

An outstanding network monitoring tool!

Bewertet am 4.5.2023

I have been using Domotz for over a year, I must say that I am impressed with the quality of the service and the fact that features are constantly improving.First, I like the UI very much, it's clear and smooth.Features to be considered:A complete device list with,- much information about the device- ways to connect to- customizable alerts- SNMP monitoring- TCP monitoring- System informationNetwork topology,- very visual- with a well-configured switch, you can know on which port is what deviceRemote connection and VPN to devices.Network performances,- Info- Route analysis- speed test- downtime- alertsAutomatic discovery of new devices on the network,- This way, you know when an unauthorized device joins your network.- You don't have to enter them manually, they are discovered, and you can adapt the info about these devicesNetwork security status, to be permanently aware of the open doors- TCP open port scanner- UPnP port forwarding scannerCustomizable alerts and many integrations.Domotz offers an excellent mobile application.Also, Domotz offers outstanding support! The response delay is extremely low, and that's a big plus! You generally get an answer within minutes! Incredible! Also, the support quality is excellent, and the people are very helpful and kind!

The only thing that comes to mind is that its price has gone up 2x since I started using it. The increase is not huge, but we don't like price increases.

A great remote Network tool for every MSP

Bewertet am 9.12.2020

I am completely satisfied with the choice of using Domotz. I am mainly able to whatever I need to monitor my clients’ networks and all the devices connected to them. It definitely enhanced the way our technicians work, and the approach to the networks when dealing with issues. We have decided to use this for all of our clients as a best practice to provide a better service to them.

This platform is super-easy to use: set-up of new sites to be monitored is a as simple as it should be. We can choose whether to use an existing NAS, a Windows or Linux Machie to scan the local network, as well as deploying a very simple hardware provided by Domotz. The service is very reach of functionalities. We do monitor and manage quite complex networks, and Domotz helps us understanding how the network is shaped (Network Topology Map available in Domotz) or exactly which ports of switches are used by which devices. For instance, this helped us when restructuring a network rack for one of our clients. Moreover, we use daily the Remote Connection functionalities, including the VPN on Demand, to access network devices and perform daily or weekly maintenance of them. The integration with Freshservice has been a life-changer: we are notified directly in our Ticketing System when something happens on the networks of our clients. However, we have not explored yet all the possibilities available in Domotz, even because they continue to enrich the offer with a very high pace.

The integration with some documentation system (including Freshservice) should be enriched, so that it will be easier for our technicians to have all the information in one place. I would also like to see more network devices to be supported to backup their configuration, but I know their team is working on it.

• Branche: Internet
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

A very good way to keep track of your networks.

Bewertet am 8.7.2021

I have been using Domotz Pro for almost 2 years now and my main purpose
was to get a good program...

I have been using Domotz Pro for almost 2 years now and my main purpose
was to get a good program that could spot new devices popping up in the
network to spot strange behavior BUT also to keep track of the status
of all my existing "good" devices and see if important ones goes
offline. I have tried to find other similar products on the market but
have not found one that is as good as Domotz.

Very quickly spots new devices in the network and also keeps track of
what port in the switch it comes through. And also keeps a good view
of all the devices and tracks status. Also the software is developed
and new smart features and is added on a regular basis.

So far there is really no things that I dislike. It really works OK
in my opinion. The only thing that I do not like is that they have
removed the "Lite" version so private persons like myself could afford
to use this powerful software. (I have been running the
"Legacy Lite plan" at an affordable level for a private user but you
could not order that any more) However, apart from that and for
businesses I still would recommend this as it is a good software for
sure.

Richard
  • Branche: Computer-Vernetzung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Foundation of our Networking Monitoring Solution and Remote Maintenance Packages

Bewertet am 5.1.2024

We've used it for over five years now and it is our primary remote management tool for all our sites. Easy to set up and configure and ultra fast in sending notifications.

Quick and simple to set up.
Fast to detect faults or devices dropping offline.
Highly configurable.
Speed Tests/Ping Tests/Network Topology/Shared Alerts and Notifications.

It can seem expensive for some our sites that we monitor. However, it's miles ahead of free alternatives.

• Branche: Einzelhandel
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Changing Landscape of Remote Support

Bewertet am 15.4.2019

We are solving many issues every day through the use of Domotz. When we do have an issue with anything within the Domotz environment reaching out to their tech support gets us a resolution very quickly, i would guess around 15-20 mins. They have been a great company to partner with!

Domotz has enabled me to be proactive in supporting clients. The notifications let me know when a device drops from the network. I can then open the remote app from anywhere, and see if it is something i can fix remotely. Typically devices lock up and need a power cycle. Domotz has support for PDUs like the Wattbox, Luxul, and BlueBolt which make fixing a potential issue a snap!

I don't have any issues with the software. the "issue" is once you see what it can do you want more. So constantly asking Domotz if it would be possible to build in XYZ.

Samuel
Samuel
  • Branche: Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Perfect, essential for every IT administrator

Bewertet am 12.10.2018

An indispensable program for administrators or IT technicians,
keeps track of all the company network products in order.
It allows in advance to intervene by the customer in case of failures,
the app is easy and intuitive, allows you to have alerts of what happens in the network in real time!
Forwarding have recently opened to third-party developers this means the possibility of integrating or having many innovations in terms of integration, from the asset software to the hw asset, I am confident that these indispensable functions will soon arrive!
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
It was a long time since I was looking for a similar product

I have not seen any obvious defects, the only improvement I can recommend, to lighten up the old-style PC graphics

Clayton P.
Clayton P.
  • Branche: Sicherheit & Untersuchungen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

"Domotz - Time Savings and Better Decision Making"

Bewertet am 16.12.2020

Easy setup with multiple/flexible options. Domotz gives me amazing insight and intelligent reporting that makes my techs 2x smarter and more efficient. No more hunting through static netmaps, or hunting down the root cause, Domotz gives me all the information I need in an instant.
Amazingly affordable for the features and possibilities. I've only been a user for 6-7 months, but I'm finding new use cases for Domotz daily.
While I haven't rolled this out to my whole portfolio of 500 sites yet (12k cameras), the business case is an easy decision to help me manage our ever growing business.

Easy Deployment/Setup
Intelligent Design/UI/UX
Detailed Insights
Easy to Manage
Global view of issues
Network Topology - the greatest thing ever
Amazing support team

If I had to get nitty gritty, the only thing I don't like is that I can't close out of a popup window by clicking outside of it...and that they "X" to close it out isn't in an ideal location.

Perhaps I'm still in the honeymoon phase still, but for the price I can't knock Domotz for anything.

• Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

An invaluable service for small business

Bewertet am 23.12.2019

As stated above, the notifications make life so much simpler. If a service goes down I know immediately and can have it resolved before the panicked phone calls even start. Over the years I've had a couple problems with my Agents and the support staff at Domotz does an outstanding job resolving all issues. 10/10 support.

As an on call tech for a local small business, I couldn't live without the near instant notifications when hosts or services go down or up. The Connect feature allows admins to access services behind a firewall which makes things like on the go router configuration a snap.

It's not at all a dealbreaker, but the UI has room for improvement. The apps and webUI don't remember my group settings and login is overall slow. I also wish they'd support VNC as one of the Connect services.

Antwort von Domotz

Thanks for your nice words about Domotz. We are always trying to do better, and your recommendations about the UI will be useful for that.

With regard to the VNC support, even though this is not directly integrated within Domotz, users can still use VNC client to remotely connect to a VNC server through Domotz. Please refer to the instruction provided on the Community Forum:

Scott

Great Product

Bewertet am 29.10.2019

Great and quick support. The only issue has been with the alert notifications.

Great and quick support. The only issue has been with the alert notifications.

Easy to setup. We were using other products that were taking way too long to implement per project. Also, like how easy it is to get to reboot functionality. The software does a lot of intuitive things that make sense. For instance, having the ability to reboot a device over POE. It's not the function of this but implementation. It is automatically configured and setup for you. So if a device is POE and on a switch that is supported by Domotz you can just reboot it. No configuration.

They also come out with new features all the time. Building on the platform.

Notifications. They have made progress. But even just the request to group email alerts still hasn't reinstated with the team. Sometimes I can get 50 email alerts on a site at the same time. They have new features that are paid to minimize some of this. But competing products do a much better job of not spamming when you have a widespread issue at a site. A simple combine all email alerts just in a 5-minute window would do a lot for this.

Nick
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

A Digital, Onsite, Support Engineer!

Bewertet am 7.11.2019

Domotz has helped us to be more efficient with our maintenance and also assists with ongoing installations.
We fit a Domotz box as soon as we start on a project now, and even use as a temporary tool to provide fault finding diagnostics when taking over a project.

We love the various features Domotz offers. The ability to monitor all of the devices on our smart home systems with ease and received notifications as soon as a issue is found.
Extremely good interface, much more intuitive than other brands we have used before.
Growing list of integration partners.
Simple and effective smart phone app for multiple users.

We have quite a few clients so the costs creep up, but still far cheaper than sending an engineer to site and much quicker in most cases.

Nick
  • Branche: Unterhaltungselektronik

DomotzPro

Bewertet am 20.4.2020

Domotz Pro allows us to ensure the highest probability for our installed systems to provide uninterrupted service to our clients. It also allows us to be more cost/time efficient as truck-rolls are only needed if it is determined a part needs replacement. It then also ensures that the relevant part is actually on the truck when it rolls....

We use this platform every day to make our lives and our clients lives less stressful....

The software is easy to use, set-up, and implement. It gives immediate at-a-glance information on whether the site systems that we are maintaining are functioning as intended, or if a problem has arisen. We often know about issues long before the client is aware of them!

If an issue is notified then the software tools included allow us to drill down further to either resolve the issue remotely, or determine exactly which parts may need replacement .

It has turned our service department from being reactive to proactive, increasing client satisfaction, and adding to the client perception of us as a premium brand company.

That it is so easy to implement and use that our competitors will be able to make use of it too.....!!

Greg

Domotz - Is good!

Bewertet am 8.5.2020

Domotz has been an extremely useful tool that we use daily to manage our clients networks and associated devices. Integration with Crestron hardware has been fantastic and gives us a single user interface for remote management, access and alerts.
It has changed the way we offer customer service.

I have been suing Domotz since it began and the features it incorporates just keeps growing.
They do pay attention to requests and work towards implementing them into their roadmaps.

The only thing that really bothered us was the constantly changing plan pricing levels. However that has now been eliminated.

Christopher
  • Branche: Gastgewerbe

Domotz for remote administration

Bewertet am 7.11.2020

Fast, easy, and stable

Fast, easy, and stable

This cost effective little box packs a bunch of features such as active monitoring and notifications, remote connection to network devices, and a easy to read and understand dashboard.

I use this device to remotely access devices on distant networks and the software currently only allows for a single concurrent session. I would like the ability to open multiple connections in a single session. I would also like to see the company offer an enterprise subscription model and an easier way to manage subscriptions.

Paul
  • Branche: Einzel- & Familiendienstleistungen

Excellent monitoring software

Bewertet am 27.7.2019

It monitors my home networks and keeps me informed of issues as they occur.

It monitors my home networks and keeps me informed of issues as they occur.

I am using this product on my two home networks. It gives me an instant snapshot on the status of all of my devices 24/7. It sends alerts when important devices are offline. It is easy to use and navigate and you can also access all the information on your smartphone.

Sometimes indicates a device is offline when it is not.

Wesley
Wesley
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use, widespread fuctions and A+++ service

Bewertet am 6.3.2021

I have been using Domotz for years now, on the rare ocasions that I needed support they were fast to respond and able to resolve my issue.

Once it's setup, it's easy to use and required no maintenance. Whenever you need to change something and do require support, they react fast and won't stop to assist you untill your issue is resolved.

No cons or issues really, everything is working as desired.

Lello

Once you start using Domotz for monitoring your customer networks and devices, you cannot go...

Bewertet am 14.4.2016

Domotz is super easy to install and get up and running. Set-up is as simple as connecting a power plug and a network cable. That's it!
Domotz also has an app so I can access all my Domotz agents/customer networks anytime, from anywhere, which runs perfectly on my iPhone.
I love that I can setup alerts for all the important devices on my customers' network (I do residential Home Automation installations). When any of my customer's important devices go offline, I'm notified in real time and I can remotely solve the problem (in 99% of cases rebooting the device solves the problem which I can also do from the Domotz app!). I can do all troubleshooting for my customers, right from my iPhone!
Before using Domotz, to do the same troubleshooting operations it was cumbersome and time consuming. I had to start my PC (I don't always carry my PC with me), connect to the internet, remember the credentials to access the customer's devices via DynDNS or via VPN (both of these services require a long time to setup), remember what PDU and port that device is connected to, or access to file with that customer network topology, then access to the PDU and cycle that port. That was extremely difficult to be done out of my office, now I can do in few clicks from my iPhone!
Thanks to the live monitoring activity and customized alerts, I can immediately take action on any device problems my customers may have, including the ones that they have not discovered yet.
Domotz is the software of choice for integrators. They offer a significant free trial of 90 days, which makes the software well worth giving a try!
Overall, I highly recommend Domotz for monitoring and remote support.

Jeffrey
  • Branche: Fluggesellschaften/Luftfahrt

Home and Remote User

Bewertet am 25.7.2020

GREAT software to let me know when something is down.

GREAT software to let me know when something is down.

Easy to use and setup for a NON Professional. I'm NOT a Big Company just a single Synology user that has Units out of state.

NONE for myself, does WAY more than I use it for.

Tod

Domotz Box

Bewertet am 3.10.2021

Very satisfied. Easy to deploy options, easy to use, wealth of information. Support has been very acceptable and response.

Ease of deployment.
Ease of use.
Wealth of options.
I'm an early adopter, I've used the Domotz Box from the get go. However, they have easy to deploy using Raspberry Pi, Synology, Windows or Linux.
VPN and RDP are awesome.
Continued expansion of support for specific network attached gear.

Not much ... does what I need it to do.
I'm disappointed that they removed the Lite version for home/personal use, that was way affordable for the individual user.

Chad

Excellent management tool

Bewertet am 24.1.2020

Experience has been stellar and we highly recommend and use Domotz in our client environments as well as our own.

This product is super easy to set up and use. Domotz saved us a ton of time and money. Plug and Play environment is always the best option for MSP's

The network topology cannot be printed or downloaded into a file that is readable or shareable. 100 devices on a network and its very hard to see the full picture.

Tim
  • Branche: Einzelhandel

Great for solo IT Admin

Bewertet am 10.7.2019

I'm solo IT for a company with more than 10 retail storefronts. Domotz allows me to stay on top of emerging issues. Often I know of a problem before our folks in the stores do.

It's simple to deploy and maintain. The ability to open ports on the fly is amazing and gets used regularly.

Premium plan looks nifty, but a bit pricy for what it offers. More than 3x the price of advanced.

Norbert
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Easy to use full-featured network monitoring Software

Bewertet am 6.1.2024

Friendly user interface on all major platforms including a web app. Easy to set up and to use. Remote connection and a fast and good support

In the long time using domotz I could not find any.

• Branche: Computer-Vernetzung

Domotz

Bewertet am 11.11.2022

Overall experience with the product and company has been great. Domotz customer service team is very responsive.

Several features stand out. First, it is extremely easy to use but also has a very powerful feature set. Finally, the multiple platform and vendor support is outstanding.

I can’t really put my finger on any drawbacks of the product.