Dameware

Fernzugriff-Systemsupport-Tool für IT-Expert*innen

Sortieren nach

• Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

We find this very handy for our internal support.

Bewertet am 12.9.2018

We use this daily to support hundreds of company PC's, extremely reliable and useful.

Easy for our IT team to use, installs remotely with no user intervention in most cases, displays the IP address of the client for the user.

Sometimes you still have to disable windows firewall to install the client.

• Branche: Marketing & Werbung
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Dameware Software Review: A Comprehensive Remote Support and Systems Management Solution

Bewertet am 29.3.2023

Overall, Dameware software is a comprehensive remote support and systems management solution that provides a range of tools to help IT professionals and MSPs manage and support their IT infrastructure. While it may not be suitable for everyone due to its cost and learning curve, its range of features and customization options make it a valuable asset for businesses and organizations that require robust remote support and systems management capabilities.

Offers a suite of tools for remote support and systems management, including remote desktop connection, remote control, system troubleshooting and diagnostics, and file transfer capabilities.Provides integration with Active Directory and other network management tools, making it easier for IT professionals to manage and monitor their IT infrastructure.Available in both on-premise and cloud-based versions, offering flexibility for businesses and organizations of all sizes.Supports multiple operating systems, including Windows, Mac, and Linux.User-friendly and customizable interface, making it easy for users to navigate and personalize the software.

May not be cost-effective for small businesses or individual users.Steep learning curve for users who are new to remote support and systems management.Some features may require additional setup and configuration, which can be time-consuming.Limited customer support options, with no phone or chat support available.

Dan
  • Branche: Medizinische Praxis
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Have used Dameware since it came out. Historically a fan.

Bewertet am 22.8.2017

There were many at one time. We are moving to a new solution.

There were many at one time. We are moving to a new solution.

It's remote features are strong. The ability to log in as a local user is very handy. Rarely fails to install.

Needs multi-platform support. However, the reason we have moved away from it and will no longer use it is due to Solarwinds horrible licensing mechanism. Prior to their takeover of the software licensing was straightforward and easy to install. We have had multiple situations where licensing has been difficult to install, and the whole procedure is as in and has really soured us on every using Solarwinds products...this goes for all Solarwinds products now. I've also found it struggles in high latency environments compared to some other options.

• Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

I used DameWare in a previous job for remote support, and it was an awesome product! I miss it!

Bewertet am 2.8.2018

With DameWare, I was able to quickly and efficiently provide remote support to our end users. Awesome product!

The thing I liked most about DameWare is that I could easily connect to a remote machine and support the user. You were able to see the user's screen in realtime and walk them through whatever you needed. Very easy to use!

The thing I liked least about the software, was the number of features. There were so many features, I never felt like I would use them all, so I felt that some of them would be wasted. It's not necessarily a bad thing, but it was too much for me.

Dameware is a Bombshell

Bewertet am 3.12.2019

Quicker support for end users on the internal network. It lets us get to pcs in need of support with less end user interaction.

Connecting to a computer for remote support without needing interaction from the end user is the best part of Dameware. With other software, the end user has to read a code or perform some actions to get you connected. Not with Dameware. Also, the information you can get about the pc from the remote connection without actually having to connect and view the information in Windows is great.

We still haven't figured out how to set up the Internet Proxy part so we can help users outside of our internal network. The configuration of that part of the software is very confusing, and I haven't been able to find a good tutorial on how to do that.

I love this application 100%!!!

Bewertet am 5.7.2018

Reduced travel costs for the agency. Also makes me more efficient, as I can better manage my time.

The ability to remote to desktops and servers and view users issues. Especially when there is a need to disable Remote Desktop. Very few connectivity issues. Best remote software I've ever used.

Sometimes there is some latency. The latency issue is so infrequent that i never even investigated the issue.

Hossam
Hossam
  • Branche: Computer-Vernetzung

Solar winds review

Bewertet am 16.12.2022

IT is decent and helped with remote management and control

IT is decent and helped with remote management and control

The most important features to the business are remote desktop control and remote administration using the utilities.

integration with domain controller some time fail.registry edit is hard to work with using dameware and does not push the right keys.

Michael

So-So at best

Bewertet am 4.7.2018

the ability to do remote management is nice. The interface is ok! The ability to do ad-hoc off network remote control is nice.

This is less about the software and more about SolarWinds itself. They are an extremely high-pressure sales model. The "good deal" of the day is just that. Expires at the end of the day. Support is horrible at best

• Branche: Restaurants
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Easy to use and makes remote support easier

Bewertet am 23.3.2019

Rarely have had to use them but in the couple cases I did they were fantastic

Rarely have had to use them but in the couple cases I did they were fantastic

It's very easy to deploy and it allows us to remotely support our field users with ease.

The licensing is kind of a pain, you have to remember to unlicense it if you are going to wipe a PC or get rid of a PC to free the license back up for reuse

• Branche: Telekommunikation
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Easily Connect to PC's on your network and Resolve issues remotely.

Bewertet am 6.2.2018

Able to remotely troubleshoot issues with computers that are in a different location with ease.

You can Easily remote into PC's on the network and support users in resolve issues they are having.

You cannot remote into the computer if you do not have credentials that has logged into the computer before if it is not on domain.

Jerry
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

The BEST remote control tool there is for Windows!

Easy of remote support.
Ease of installation.
Ability to see remote users desktop.
Lightweight...

Easy of remote support.
Ease of installation.
Ability to see remote users desktop.
Lightweight install
Always running service.

I have used Dameware for over 10 years now, and it is hands down, the most powerful, easiest to use, most stable remote control software there is.
The MSI creation tool makes it easy to deploy.
The ability to see remote screens exactly as the user does is invaluable for software troubleshooting.
The speed to connect and support users is great for a tech to be more efficient and not run around all day solving minor issues that can be centrally resolved.

My only 2 complaints are:
I wish there were an easier way to have a proxy service reach outside of my network Pc's. There is a way to do it, but it is a bit complicated. I almost wish there was a subscription service that Solar Winds allowed a tech to use to accomplish this.
The way to save PC's you connect to frequently is a bit wonky. I have several times connected to another PC, or erased a saved PC with a new PC's name because of how the system presents itself.

Margaret
  • Branche: Versorgungsunternehmen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Cheaper than cloud solutions but harder to use

Bewertet am 24.8.2017

Less expensive remote control solution

Less expensive remote control solution

Pay once and it's yours. You don't have to keep renewing it yearly at higher and higher rates since you run it internally on your own server.

Have to install on internal server or multiple servers if you also put on DMZ to connect to Internet-based PCs, which takes some expertise. For quite a while we didn't have a public certificate on the DMZ server and trying to talk the users thru all the security errors thrown up by the browser was challenging. It could take 15 minutes just to get thru that step. So then we got a certificate but getting it installed and working on the DMZ server was a bear. Solarwinds does not have adequate instructions on how to do this. Took quite a bit of research. Getting connected to remote users can be challenging the first time you connect to them (if they don't have the client agent installed) even with a certificate installed. I really miss our previous cloud-based solution which was so much easier to use, plus it had more options, like transferring files between computers, but it became unaffordable. Dameware feels very awkward to me compared to it. I can't really rate the customer support because we dropped support due to the cost. So I just flounder around on my own when we have a problem with it, trying to fix it (like trying to get the certificate installed). The support was helpful when we first bought it and I had to get it installed and working on the server.

Doug
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Easy to administer and use, a lot of bang for the buck.

Bewertet am 22.8.2017

I am the one who has installed, configured, and administer DameWare Remote Support in our environment. The simplicity and ease of use of MRC and other components inside of DWRS offer a wide spectrum of tools at your disposal for remotely connecting to machines on and off your domain network through internet sessions. This is probably the most used software in our IT department, all of our users use it every single day several times a day.

I feel like the UX/GUI could use a refresh, it appears to be dated. We have had an issue on our network with devices discovering other devices belonging to other VLANs to show up in the computer list, and support basically told us there wasn't anything they could do to support as it is a Windows related issue causing it. We instead just use the workstation list which is an exhaustive list.

Francine
  • Branche: Staatsverwaltung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

We use Dameware to connect to our end user systems to assist them with problems helpdesk...

ease of use!!

ease of use!!

We would not be able to perform our helpdesk job nearly as well without being able to connect so seamlessly.
We do not have to turn remote desktop on every system which is a huge security relief. Allowing users so see what we are doing is helpful to them so that they can help themselves in the future.
I love being able to view event logs easily and without interrupting the end users work flow.
Easily retrieving information regarding a system status such as properties, processes, software, services etc. all in one place is extremely valuable.

I use Dameware everyday it is difficult to find something negative, I suppose I would like for the computer icons to turn blue from grey when a user system becomes active rather than having to exit the program and re-enter to see active systems.

• Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Great software for remote support

Bewertet am 4.6.2018

Very helpful to support your staff, either on remote offices or on different offices in your same building, without actually having to be present there.

Dameware is easy to use, easy to install and can connect to multiple types of clients. We have been using it for several years to provide remote IT assistance to our staff, on both Windows and Mac computer (using VNC), and it is very helpful.

You sometimes have to fiddle with the settings, depending on the client machine, and there are times when the connection does not work right away (can't say if it is an issue with the software or with out network or the configuration of our PCs). Sometimes, the remote connection is switched to a "Mirror Driver" mode, where some commands like Ctrl+Alt+Del do not work, and you have to use the on-screen keyboard for this.

Kevin
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

very good, except for licensing

remote administration

remote administration

I like the ease of use and the quality of the product.

licensing without a doubt- every year it wants to talk to the mothership; our systems are behind a proxy and when we have 50 (or however many there are, probably more) that can't phone home and need to be authorized manually - and they have to be done by the person on whose SolarWinds account they are\were purchased on... it is a nightmare and we are looking at other products that don't make us jump through these hoops. It is ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS the amount of trouble this is. I have been using DameWare - I actually was the person who talked this company into buying it about 15 or so years ago - for a long time and the licensing is going to make me switch. Sad.

Kevin
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Great for a beginner- Has lots of room for improvement

Bewertet am 25.5.2017

Installs on first use of connection. Nothing to push or install before use.
Not really sure if there is anything "LIKE MOST" as this is the software that was given to me upon my arrival.
Good for someone starting out in providing remote support as the monthly cost is low.

I feel it is clunky and a little antiquated compared to other tools on the market. There is no integration (except AD) that I can find with other tools or software. Many of the commands do not work in a large enterprise environment. We currently service over 500 endpoints and this software is just one of the many tools. Would like to see more integration into AD

You get what you pay for.

John
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness

Powerful remote desktop management

Bewertet am 6.2.2018

Quickly troubleshoot remote desktops with this software. You will recover your costs quickly with saved time with this software.

I like the speed and ease of using this software. It has saved us hundreds of hours by giving us a quick tool to troubleshoot end user issues without having to go onsite. It's more than just a remote desktop connection, you get multiple authentication options and can maintain connects, sign in/out, etc. all while staying connected to the remote computer.

We discovered some Windows 10 compatibility issues with our current version that we are working through (mostly by upgrading to the latest version).

Kylie
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Exceptional software, a must have for any IT Professional

Bewertet am 8.5.2018

Cannot recommend this software enough, definitely worth the money. Being able to remote into an end users computer to troubleshoot issues/assist users, install software, etc. Has saved trips to come back onsite after hours, provided us a place to verify software installed and versions of software, verify and gather installed printer info, remote command line, even remote registry on the remote system. Most everything a system admin or support would need for troubleshooting is right at your fingertips to perform remotely.

This software doesn't solve the issues by itself (of course we'd be out of a job if it did), but in all seriousness it's a great software there really are no cons.

One thing with the version we are running anyway is that once licensed under a particular user on the machine it is installed on, the software always has to be run as that user on that machine. This may be changed now however.

• Branche: Gastgewerbe
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

This is a very organized virtual support tool to enable IT professionalsto quickly assist...

Bewertet am 27.9.2017

Seemless and organized remote support capabilities from one source application.

Seemless and organized remote support capabilities from one source application.

I love the organization inbuilt into this program as well as the ability to access management tools directly from this computers entry in the directory. if i need logs from a machine i just pull them from dameware. if i need to drop to a console of a remote machine i dont have to rdp in first to then open a command prompt.

This software requires you to manually login to the remote machine if no one is logged in. Single Sign on capabilities are rather limited with this software solution.

Richard
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement

Great remote software

Bewertet am 20.2.2020

Able to remote into a end users computer quickly even when they are not right at there desks. can troubleshoot issues over 7 buildings without having to go to each one. Always fast and very few issues using the program.

Easy to remote software. Pretty easy setup and installation. Don't need any end user intervention why remoting into a desktop machine.

Sometimes take a litte time to populate all the computers that we have in active directory. Nothing really I dislike about the software.

Jimmy
  • Branche: Glücksspiel & Casinos

Fantastic Remote Software - Best Value

Bewertet am 22.8.2017

Quick and easy ability to support out end-users without always having to support them in person.

Ease of use. Registry editor, Processes, Disk Drives, event logs, services manager, sessions, wake on lan and remote control all in one place. I also like the ability to put a friendly name to each remote connection so that I can also look at the list with a name and not just the computer name.

Even though the software is a great value for the price, it can be a bit steep for a smaller company and hard to justify.

Michael

I use Dameware every day. I do not know of any tool that is better for on-domain remote...

Bewertet am 14.12.2017

I have used Dameware for over 10 years, and I love that I can remote into a PC an monitor a live session to see what issues my agents are seeing. I also love that I can kill the remote keyboard to keep someone from messing up my remote session.

Dameware occasionally will connect to the wrong PC if there is a DNS conflict. This isn't a major issue because it does give you a warning, but I have still booted the wrong user occasionally because I wasn't paying attention.

José Alexandre Dias
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste

Dameware is worth using

Bewertet am 16.5.2021

At the company I work for, we use Dameware to provide IT support to our customers, it has a fast and stable remote connection, allows you to leave the access configuration recorded and save the accessed computers to facilitate a new access.
Very good.

The file sharing process could be improved, as in Anydesk that we copied from our screen and pasted on the micro client screen.

Gary

Dameware Mini Remote Control allow me to screen access and control on all computers on our...

Bewertet am 22.8.2017

It can push the client to the target machine even when it is unattended and logged off. Unlike RDP the screen is shared with the user so that help and support can be provided.

The mirror driver has interfered with video drivers in some cases. Also when connecting to a client with a screen resolution much higher than mine I have to scroll like crazy to get around their screen. I recommend screen scaling to fix this.