ReservationKey

Charla T.

So glad we signed on

Bewertet am 29.11.2020
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I can truly say that our company growth was due, in large part, to implementing Reservation Key. I was originally a "One Woman Show" trying to keep on top of reservations, Guest Emails, Payments, Website Updates, etc. We adopted RK when we had 3 units. Today, our company has 22 units, and several staff members. Having access to this technology at such an easy Monthly Price and Easy Learning Curve meant that I could scale the business, and have more free time (and less frustration). Without RK, I would have easily been burnout once I hit 5 properties, and we would have never had the opportunity to provide employment to so many great people.

I speak at Industry Events and "Have you considered ReservationKey?" seems to be a frequent piece of advice that I am giving attendees as they explain their personal frustration with choosing between Reservation Spreadsheets or Over-Priced Software.

I know ... it sounds like too glowing of a review. I've used the ReservationKey since 2009. When any company over-delivers by as much as ReservationKey as over-delivered, it shouldn't be surprising that they have overly happy users willing to write long-winded online reviews. But if you don't believe that I am a real person, and a real user, just track us down on Google. Our Company is "Rockies Rentals". We are based in Canmore Alberta Canada. My name is Charla.

Great Customer Service -- really responsive, and personable.
The Built In Website, and Payments.
Auto Scheduled Emails.
No Contracts; No Set Up Fees.
A great price -- well worth the fee even just for someone with one unit, or a small inn.
Ease of use.
Having Multiple Users.
The Mobile Version -- I have easily been taking reservations from a hammock at the beach just on my Smart Phone.

Because the software is made for a myriad of Hospitality Services Providers (Hotels, Campgrounds, BnBs, Vacation Rentals), it's hard to provide the right thing to a diverse group of users. That being said, the User Forum was amazing! If we encountered a quirk that worked well for a Hotel User, but not-quite-right for our needs, there would always be another helpful User who knew how to accomplish what we needed with just a few little User Tweaks. The entire User Forum was full of happy, generous users who were keen to share their ideas and help others.

Pelin U.
Untern. Größe: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Great automation for multiple online room reservation channels

Bewertet am 26.11.2020
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

RezervationKey is making a great job for us by unifying the management of all sales channels at one place, that would be pretty good if they were adding local sales channels day by day and helps us to expand our marketing channels with more local online channels that are specific to each country.

ReservationKey is compatible with website builders such as Wix and Squarespace -which is a great aspect from my view point- so that enables to create commision-free sales channels as well as unifying all online booking platforms that we are present in one single and lean management panel where we can update anything such as availability, change features, add new room types etc and ReservationKey reflects any update to all booking channels that we are integrated to.

Although ReservationKey is great in covering the global reservation platforms it is weak to have integrations to the online booking platforms that are specific to each country. It would be the most powerful solution for us if it was helping us increasing our sales in local markets through local sales channels.

Burney B.
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

ReservationKey is a good value

Bewertet am 13.10.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

ReservationKey has worked well, and has been improving over the years that we have been using it. Customer service has been good when issues have come up.

The platform is flexible, with the ability to make many different reservation pages. It also works well with MyAllocator and iCal calendars for interfacing with outside platforms.

1) Guest addresses are all in one text field...organizing marketing efforts to previous guests by zip code is problematic.
2) Only one alternate rate plan can be used in a reservation page...it would be helpful to have more available to apply to various marketing sources.

Antwort von ReservationKey

It actually is possible to split the address field into multiple fields. This is an option under the Settings tab, Account Preferences. Thank you for using the system and for your review.

Weiterempfehlungsquote: 7.0/10

Daryl ann K.

I love Reservation Key!

Bewertet am 17.9.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I love knowing that the online interface is up to date. I love being able to check just who canceled. I love that it saves everything even when I forget. I love that it connects to channel managers and Square. Did I mention that I love Reservation Key?

First, this software is easy enough that an old Great Granny like me can do it. That in itself is a huge plus. Admittedly, it gives me an opportunity to learn and grow (senior brain plasticity is a good thing)! However, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and his staff are ALWAYS timely in answering questions. The Forum provides quick answers from Customer Support and gives suggestions in one spot. The Forum is one of my favorite places to head when I have trouble. The videos also show just how to set things up.
On a very personal level, I know that team lead developed this software and has remained at the helm of the business. Dealing with the owner directly is a huge plus. I feel like a well-loved family member rather than a business customer. What incredible customer service!

I also love the housekeeping reports. Those keep us clean and take the confusion out of running multiple reservations.

This year we added RV Sites and Hunting to our facility. Customer Support help was timely and generous. We've used Reservation Key for at least 10 years if my (admittedly elderly) brain serves me correctly. I would not think of changing! Thank you, Reservation Key, for being part of our lives and business!

This software goes above and beyond my expectations. So grateful!

Ron L.

Best Bang for your Buck

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

We have been using ReservationKey for 8 years now and would give it an overall rating of 9.8
We have been very pleased with its functionality and capability and for our needs it has been a very cost effective solution. We would highly recommend giving this try.

Easy to initially set up
Simple to use and menus make sense for the most part
Lots of capability for the money
Very cost effective when compared to other products/services
Integrates well and simply into our web site
Integrates with Tripadvisor so you don't need to use an OTA
Support is responsive when an issue has popped up
RK is constantly working on improvements and upgrades

There are a few reports which could be added or improved
The gift certificate function could be updated and provide more ability to customize

Margo R.

Great product

Bewertet am 9.7.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Have been using since 2014 and not planning to change any time soon. I was able to set it all up with a minimal help. Support is great. Even though I am in different time zone it never takes long to get the help.
Thank you, it makes my life easier.

Once set up the system is easy to use and update the info as needed.

There is nothing that I do not like about it.

Natalie C.
Branche: Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Great company, reasonable price, good support

Bewertet am 20.8.2020
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Good experience. Cannot talk to a person if having problems but they do respond promptly to email

Reasonable price, ease of using once set up. Responds to email promptly. Does have a area for recent problems and how to solve

set up or changes can be stressful for persons that are not tech literate. Not able to talk to a person if you have questions.

Laurie M.

Reservation Key lodging management software

Bewertet am 7.1.2021
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Since using Reservation Key our business has increased and customers say it is easy to book.

Our RV parking, tent camping, bus glamping, and lodging rooms all have different pricing, cleaning fees, and check-in info and Reservation Key handles it all. The auto-responders are awesome and can be modified to fit each rental. Customers can easily pay through the links and emails provided.

I LOVE how the software looks on our website and it is easy for customers to book.

It is a robust system and has more features than we currently know how to use. We look forward to making time to learn more.

Learning the system did not feel very intuitive. However, between the amazing customer service and training videos available it was just a matter of time.

Jennifer R.
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

I can run my business Now while Reservation Key runs my bookings!!!

Täglich für 1-5 Monate genutzt
Bewertet am 28.3.2020
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I have had a great experience from the very first phone call. The service provided has been top notch! I am so thankful that I found Reservation Key, I'm sad that it took me so long to find them!!

I love that Reservation Key was so easy to set up and put into working order on my website right away. The ease of use for my customers was my main priority. The next thing that I found so wonderful is that it is so easy on the back end. I am not your traditional cookie-cutter hotel/motel. I am very flexible and have 12 units with 5 different types (sizes) of cabins. I had looked for a system for about 5 years. I did many trials and spent a lot of time on set up with all of them being very cumbersome to set up and didn't fit my needs or my customer needs due to not being able to customize as much as I needed. The price is on point for this product for me. All others were way over priced and for a small business that is only open seasonally, I couldn't afford a "big" product. The customer service [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been absolutely amazing. There hasn't been one time that I haven't been able to get an answer and quickly.

There has been NO Cons to this service for me!

Valeria P.
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Exactly what I was searching for!

Bewertet am 6.1.2021
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

After my "learning curve" with trying a new software platform, I have settled into a very comfortable relationship with not only the software, but the people behind it. Can't say enough good about their solid product, their customer service, and their willingness to continually strive to make the best product they can offer. I'm sold.

I love the fact that the front-end is very user-friendly for our potential guests, while the back end administration is straightforward and easy to use.

Honestly? For me, there hasn't been much of a downside.

Pamela W.
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Great partner for our business

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

We are a small, family-owned, unique property with a loyal clientele. I spent several years searching for reservation software. Nothing was a good match for us. We found ReservationKey through a guest whose daughter was an innkeeper. We have a loyal customer since 2012.

As a former technology teacher, I appreciate representatives expertise with all the complexities when dealing with software and how to integrate with so many moving parts. He and his team are very customer friendly and responsive. representative is always open to new ideas and works hard to keep improving his software to meet customer’s needs and changes in the market.
ReservationKey is very customizable. It is easy to make large or small tweaks to one’s reservation page or pricing without having to pay a programmer. While this may seem like a little thing, one of our needs was the ability to mark a reservation as ‘Do Not Move.’ Our loyal customers request their favorite units and trust that we will not disappoint. This need confused other software vendors, while ReservationKey had an easy-to-use solution. I see representative working out similar solutions for other businesses’ unique needs.
ReservationKey has many add-ons. The list of reports is extensive and are extremely helpful when making business decisions. I find the User’s Forum useful, not only for the software but also for new business ideas. The software is easy to use and offers many built-in training tools for new staff.
I cannot imagine how difficult it would be to try to run our business without ReservationKey.

Not many. I struggle with some of the overall financial reports and find it easier to build what I need in Excel. However, that may be more a function of how I work rather than a problem with ReservationKey.

Michael V.
Untern. Größe: 11-50 Mitarbeiter
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Unless you are a chain hotel, there is no reason to use anything else.

Bewertet am 16.2.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Pretty much flawless.....We've been using this system for about a decade now....I think it's gone down a total of 4 times during that decade (that's definitely over 99.99% uptime). Any downtime is minimal (usually a few minutes,) and things come back up with minimal hiccoughs.

Honestly...this software...it's perfect for small-medium businesses.

Simple, intuitive, easy to use. I love every view, and the flexibility of adding custom fields. Exporting customer data and payment data, through csv is a god send. The price is amazing for what you get...and the support is fast and reliable.

I have used many different PMSs in my career, for both large chain, and small boutique hotels.

It would be nice to be able to have different custom fields based on the type of customer (Transient, group, business traveler, or a monthly tenant.) Rather than the same fields for every reservation.

I wish the payment details report could also show taxes and levies (if any) paid for each line item.

The expense reports need a bit of work...but they are INCREDIBLY helpful for smaller business who do not have their own accounting system. I love the expense by vendor page for sorting out Booking.com/expedia commissions (and I love how it automatically calculates those commissions through our connection through myallocator.) However, the dates of those reported commissions are listed when the reservation is created....not when the reservation actually checks out (which is when the commission is actually charged.) This makes extrapolating, or verifying commisions from monthly commission bills (from OTAs,) more difficult.

Marc Y.
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Great reservations system, integrates well with your web site, excellent features, highly recommend!

Bewertet am 25.9.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

We have enjoyed full integration with our own web pages such that you don't even realize that you are
using RK's booking engine. It was fairly easy (if you know some HTML/CSS) to integrate and RK's support
is fast and thorough, thanks to customer support staff. RK is fast and reliable for our needs and works well with our desktop
computers, Android/Apple phones and tablets while on the road.
The grid shows inventory status nicely with out clutter. Very configurable for colors, column sized and
titles. This is the screen you work with almost almost all of the time, so it need to be what you want to
see and allow you go make important elements obvious with color and fonts, etc. RK does it all!
Highly recommended!

Many pages of reports and settings, very configurable to our needs. Short learning curve to get going.
Links are provided on many pages which can be sent to people or staff to load a selected report or page.
Plenty of CSS configurations are available as well as "custom text" for things that appear on RK's pages.
Lots of photos of your rooms and description space. Can be configured for rooms and RV/Tent sites
as we have here.

Not many, we have used this system for 6 or 7 years and once set up it is a daily part of our routines.
I think there is still a small issue on bill totals, it doesn't agree with our cash register, off by pennies.
Couldn't adjust for first nights deposit to consider multi-night discounts on that amount, so we still
have to hand calculate the 1st night deposit for longer stays.

Antwort von ReservationKey

Thank you for the great review! Yes, we have worked hard to make things as configurable as possible, while keeping the interface clean and simple. We are glad to hear you are enjoying those features. We will take a look at the report issue you've noted and will see if we can correct that.

Weiterempfehlungsquote: 9.0/10

Sheri S.
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Love their Free Trial and the product they offer!

Wöchentlich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt
Bewertet am 8.3.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Very positive experience so far! I look forward to working with this tool more!

I love the 30 day Free Trial they offer. The product is really easy to use and the free trial allows you to decide if you like the product and if it meets the needs of your lodging business.

I found that I really like the ease of use. I've used other reservation software programs and have found that often times you aren't able to see all the pieces of the puzzle in one place. What I like about Reservation Key is that I can see at a glance the daily rate, the minimum stay and any promotions that I may have incorporated. With other products I've found that I have to drill down and open up several windows to be able to see all of this information. Not so with Reservation Key.

I also like how quickly information about daily rates and minimums can be copies over to in the individual rate plans that you set up.

I'm still learning Reservation Key but am extremely happy with what I've seen so far. The customer service is great! If you have a question and cannot reach someone via phone they return your call very quickly and respond to emails.

Lastly I like the guest user end look. Availability is attractively displayed when a guest is searching for availability. The page is displayed well and is easy for a guest to use to quickly make a booking.

There are also many features included in this product and at a very fair price. I like the email templates that are included and the flexibility of being able to change them or to create your own and schedule the emails automatically.

I would like to see more ready made templates for the availability display that a guest does see. Reservation Key offers a few limited ready made options, that said...they do offer to customize the look of that page for a reasonable fee. Well worth it if you would like the user end of the system to match the look and feel of your website.

Peter R.
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Easy to get started and use.

Bewertet am 13.10.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Reservation Key has been fairly faultless in helping me run my business. I wanted a simple platform to get me started in running a bed and breakfast and I have stuck with them for that reason, despite monthly calls from the competition.

We went straight on to Reservation Key when establishing our bed and breakfast some time ago. We wanted software that was fairly simple to get started and represented excellent value for money compared to the competition. Help was always available during this process and, since then, additional support has been readily available, often within 12 hours through e-mail and sometimes over the phone if necessary.

Could do with a few more options for credit card processing. We went to Yapstone a couple of years ago and the cost of processing has increased beyond what I consider to be reasonable, especially for a small three room bed and breakfast.

Antwort von ReservationKey

Thank you for your long time support and use of the system. Besides Yapstone (currently 2.75%) we also integrate with a number of other processors - authorize.net, Square, GoEMerchant, and PayPal. Update: As of June, 2019 we now also support Stripe.

Weiterempfehlungsquote: 8.0/10

Reinhold M.
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

many years of great experience

Bewertet am 25.4.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

In our experience the integration with MyAllocator was one of the biggest achievements that the company did and it happened just in time for us, when it became unfortunately necessary to join OTA to keep bookings strong. The customer service of this company is simply outstanding. Whenever you have question, they get resolved via the "forum" , which seems to be a great way to communicate. In our memory we never needed a problem solved over the phone.

We are using Reservation Key since 2012 and chose it because at this time it was one of the most affordable softwares around and easy ti use. The integration into our website and customizable look made it an outstanding choice. Of course the customer service was ready to help setting things up to our liking. Never once did we feel we made a wrong choice. The software definitely has all the features you might be looking and we must admit that we don't even take advantage of things that are there to run a successful business.

For us cons don't exist. Only this question seems to be a con since it is looking for more words.

Linde D.
Branche: Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus

Flexible and Responsive

Bewertet am 26.9.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I've been using Reservationkey for years. It is reasonably priced, very versatile, so I can set up an interface that I prefer. It links well with other sites like MyAllocator, so all of my sites are in sync, which helps prevent double bookings. Most of all, the representative is very responsive. If I don't understand something or I want to do something unusual, he helps me get the problem solved quickly and graciously. Reservationkey is constantly being expanded and improved, so I am even more satisfied with it now than when I first started using it.

It can be wonky, sometimes I have to use a little html to get exactly what I want, but that just adds to the flexibility. I'm sure that if you don't know any html, the representative would take care of your needs directly, though.

Antwort von ReservationKey

Thank you for your very nice comments.

Yes, by adding HTML to most of our fields it is possible to really get creative in what you can do. As you've noted, we are happy to help out with this whenever anyone has questions about it.

Weiterempfehlungsquote: 8.0/10

Josh B.

C'est La Vie Inn B&B review

Bewertet am 3.11.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I have found Reservation Key user friendly and intuitive. I have appreciated the technical support when I have had questions on the inner workings of Reservation Key. We bought and started to run C'est La Vie Inn Bed and Breakfast a year ago with no previous experience in running a B&B. It was hit the pavement running and Reservation Key made this transition much easier with its day by day display screen showing current reservations and those that have, for a variety of reasons, have cancelled. I have enjoyed setting up rate plans for the rooms as well as the rate adjustments for local special events that tend to lead to peak occupancy. I would certainly recommend this product to others.

None

Jessica D.
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Best system for the money, excellent support, great for newbies and experienced users!

Bewertet am 2.11.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Absolutely excellent! From functionality, to support, to progress, 5 stars.

Lots of help to get set up and once you are up and running, super community for assistance, as well as developer assistance. The system of communication with our guests has been a huge part of our success in gathering reviews and staying in touch with our guests. The calendars and reports make the day to day management super easy and I love the ability to set up multiple logins to track the work of my staff. All the tools I could ever need at a price that I can afford for my small business! (No, I was not paid to write this! Promise....I've been using the system for well over 5 years and have met with almost every other provider out there...every one is missing a key feature and are charging more!)

Since I am being forced to choose something I like least, I suppose I'll go with the themes, but that's not really a negative....ask for help and you shall receive!

David W.

ReservationKey Software

Bewertet am 14.2.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Extremely cost-effective solution for easily tracking bookings and customers for my small B&B. I tried several others over the 16 years I've been in business and am very happy to have finally found something that works well for me!

Super-responsive customer support where you can talk directly with owner of the business who seems to be intimately involved in the actual software development. (Probably does his own coding, is my impression.) He engages with you until you have a solution, and is very appreciative of suggestions and feedback, always improving the software. This is full-featured software, but from a small business that is still super-responsive to its customers.

Still a few odd quirks with the software, in my opinion. Like the tax is calculated by item and then added up afterward so it often does not match to the penny the tax that is charged by my credit card processing system - so I have to make manual adjustments on receipts.

Judy B.
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

They Anticipate Your Needs!

Bewertet am 25.9.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Over time with experience, I have been able to communicate with my guests more efficiently. It makes my website look much more professional with this software and it presents my property as an up to date, modern facility with the technical capabilities of a much larger property.

I can modify so many things on my own. Whenever I need an answer to a dilemma, I just go to the Tutorial Page and search out my problem. Or, I just sign onto the Forum and look for a similar situation to my own. Case in point, I was able to adjust my confirmation template on my own just by using the search mode on the Forum and I’m all set with a solution to a problem.

Sometimes I wish there was a chat option but I understand how the team feels about this program and they have very hands on.

Antwort von ReservationKey

Thank you for the nice review and idea about having a chat option. That could be a nice enhancement we add in the future. We are glad to hear you find our forum and tutorials useful.

Steve F.
Branche: Immobilien

Been using Reservationkey going on 8 years

Bewertet am 26.9.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I love that fact that when we had a question the founder of the company would respond. He was always willing to solve problems or create software to solve our questions. He is great and I hope he never sells the company to a larger company that does not care about its customers like he does.

It essentially runs the back end of my business as well as it links to the front end through our website and online calendars.

It was difficult to set up but one it was set up any questions I had got answered quickly. I would like to to be able to add a cleaning schedule that links with my calendar so I could create a schedule for my cleaners that showed specific check in check out dates and the names of the parties.

Antwort von ReservationKey

Thank you for being long time users and for your nice review.

We do have two housekeeping reports that you could take a look at to see if those would work for your cleaners. We also have a way to link to calendar reports, so perhaps those could be used for the cleaners.

Laura F.
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Excellent value for the cost

Bewertet am 3.5.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Overall I am very happy with the service provided by ReservationKey, and am particularly pleased with the excellent customer support and ability to directly communicate with the developers.

The software is highly customizable, so it can be made to fit your property exactly the way you want to run it. The visual layout of the calendar is excellent, and the direct booking platform is easy to manage.

Managing pricing is still a little tricky, though they've been making ongoing improvements ever since I started using the software in 2015. Basic pricing, discounts, and things like minimum stay requirements are easy enough, but once you start getting into the really fancy stuff (multiple rates per room varying by season, to be super specific), the software is still functional but currently lacks elegance.

Jim H.

Suggested by Innkeeping friends

Bewertet am 15.2.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Having used pencil and paper for our small motel for over twenty years Reservation Key allows us to offer guests the chance to book or view available rooms online and cuts out a ton of telephone calls.

We have used for several years, price is reasonable and it does what I need. Prior to using Reservation Key we used pencil and paper and took reservations by telephone (many years) wife isn't a computer person. Reservation Key allows our guests to book online and does a good job in my view. I check the RK forum often for new ideas and my education.

At the moment I can't think of any negatives, does what we need. I see others comments about minor differences in money totals, having worked with a database in a prior job, well every bit of software seems to round a bit differently.

Jeanine P.
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

So easy and so many options

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

When we started our business, we had never used any software for the hospitality industry. We picked it up in about five minutes of training. You constantly are learning as they bring on new reports, and updates to the software. For a total of only 8 cabins, this is the best price we have ever found, still to this day.

We are Rustic River Cabins, love ReservationKey. So easy to add, remove, and quote guest for reservations. We have been running ReservatioKey for seven years and would not have any other software. The calendar, on the page is one of my favorite features. I can not only see all my reservations, but I also can see my schedule by just clicking in a box.

Honestly, I can not think of a thing.......support is great, community will help you out if you cant figure something out.