Hotel Effectiveness

Labor management software for hotels

4.8/5 (141 Bewertungen)
Mit Google übersetzen

Hotel Effectivness makes labor management easy!

Täglich für 6-12 Monate genutzt
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

It is significantly easier to manage labor, labor costs, and problomatic employees. It is also an easy way to offer praise to employees that and finishing quickly. I can see the issues on the computer and then further investigate or have a one-on-one to see why somebody is struggling to make a very reasonable time. This answers a lot of questions that we could never answer at a previous hotel.

I use this to track housekeepers daily time as well as productivity. In the morning I enter their assigned rooms to clean and can see an expected end time which helps monitor productivity during the day. I can plan my day out better when I know how long it will take to finish at the max. I can also see customized times for special cleaning projects and factor that in, in the morning. In the afternoon I fill out another option which is their actual cleans, the work that was completed. This assists in making sure every room sold the night before was either cleaned or serviced. This aligns with our time clock machine so the next day I can track how quickly or how slowly each housekeeper worked. I can see if they finished an hour ahead of time or if they milked the clock and stayed longer than it would take to do the amount of work they actually completed. I am also able to see the budgeted hours for that day or week as well as each employee (as well as department) average time per room. There is another formula built in for supervisors, managers, laundry, etc. All of the people whos jobs cannot be seen on paper but more so their efforts and time on the clock. It is very easy to follow and fill out each day. I also have a daily check in where I review the prior day and can add notes about why we were over or under in hours so that my manager and even the owners can see the trends.

There are really no downsides to the software IF you are trained on all of the options. When I first began I was taught on the fly by somebody who did not understand it too well. I was only using about 15% of the capabilities the website has to offer. Once an upper manager came in to train me on it I caught on within an hour and was able to maximize my experience.

Antwort von Hotel Effectiveness Solutions

Thank you for taking the time to send us a favorable review! Your comments are appreciated and lets us know we are making Hotel Effectiveness a better place for our users.

Rachael B.

Integration and Ease of Use

Bewertet am 6.5.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Hotel Effectiveness should be called Hotel Efficiency as the information we input from the Night Audit Entry to the Scheduler, to the Gameday to the 5 minute Daily Labor Check In keep our managers from manually calculating minutes and allows them time to do other tasks. Companies who are not using this software are really missing the boat and causing unnecessary work in a world where CPOR rules the day. We have this software integrated with our proprietary back office software and it is amazing to see everything in one place, for someone like me who is over 11 properties. We have recommended this to other hotel ownership groups and will continue to do so.

Hotel Effectiveness is able to integrate with a variety of software; this has allowed my company to seamlessly view labor without having to log in to a time clock server and run reports. We are able to train our team members from Night Audit to General Managers in one day on how to navigate the system. Labor monitoring a simple RED/GREEN System (truly does not get any easier than that). The training provided on-line is an added benefit to those who may want to get to know the system further. We use the entire suite and have had no issues when we onboard new properties/ team members to our company.

If I had to pick one item it's the salaried team members (who clock in and out) auto flow against the labor plans. We called support and were shown a work around.

Antwort von Hotel Effectiveness Solutions

We love seeing comments from a great customer like you! Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your opinions help make Hotel Effectiveness even better.

Liz W.
Branche: Personalwesen

Hotel Effectiveness Review

Täglich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Overall pretty good.

Overall, the system is fairly simple to use. I love the "assume user" feature as this has helped troubleshoot user questions. I have not had to use technical support, which is always a good thing. They layout is fairly simple.

In time and attendance, it would be beneficial to be able to search an employee instead of having to select from a long list. I use the control F function to locate the employees, but it would be easier if the system allowed for it. The system seems to work most effectively with Chrome (which I love), but Internet Explorer users have a difficult time using it. Customizable reports are a bit complex to build, this could be simpler.

Antwort von Hotel Effectiveness Solutions

Thank you for the thoughtful review! We are happy that you have found the tool easy to use, and if you ever need any advanced assistance, do not hesitate to ask.

Employee Search is part of the core labor management system. You can find it in the Employee Explorer (look under the Employees menu). You are correct that employee search is not part of our current Time & Attendance functionality, but we will add this to our development list. Thank you for the suggestion!

Our system works very well in the more recent versions of the major browser applications. For Internet Explorer, users should use IE 10.0 or later for full support - older versions are no longer supported by Microsoft and are not recommended for our users.

Weiterempfehlungsquote: 6.0/10

Nancy D.

Opportunity

I would save neutral.
I have worked wit other systems that seem to be ore flexible with setting parameters that work for our type of need or business. In addition I have had some issue with support's lack of timeliness in returning calls when we are only given the option to leave a message. There have been some hiccups when setting up first time parameters, told al is taken care of and later find that there are key steps that were not taken or implemented as committed to by support.

I like the ease of the system as it related to entering data and easy to understand graphs -color coded reporting and data that is provided when dealing with forecasting etc.

There a few options theta would assist us greatly:
1. Having clocks that are not open for any time punching but rather restricted with grace periods
2 Would be a great option to be able to schedule people and have HE work with time clock and create grace periods so that it's not a "free for all" punching system.

Antwort von Hotel Effectiveness Solutions

Thank you for using Hotel Effectiveness and giving us an awesome rating. Great customers like you keep us striving to be the best.

Weiterempfehlungsquote: 8.0/10

Josh H.

Bewertet am 12.11.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I love Hotel Effectiveness. I have been using it for years with two different hotel management companies. It is a high quality tool for our hotels.

Hotel Effectiveness is a great labor tracking tool. It makes daily review of hotel labor quick and easy. I love the myriad reports you can generate to break down the labor numbers.

I wish there was more functionality for myhotelteam.com. They should be able to switch shifts and more on the site. It should have its own app too.

Antwort von Hotel Effectiveness Solutions

Thank you for the review! Good news for you - the MyHotetTeam mobile app is going to be live in the App Stores (iOS and Android) in a few days! It includes some enhanced functionality, and over the next several months we will be implementing a number of major improvements to the service. We look forward to sustaining your happiness with our services and to working with your hotels!

Shirley R.
Untern. Größe: 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
Mit Google übersetzen

Excellent overall time keeping system!

Bewertet am 10.9.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Labor usage and management; better tool to review overtime/approaching overtime; scheduling functionality and time keeping are very user friendly and intuitive.

What I like most about Hotel Effectiveness is the ease of use; user friendly, reporting and scheduling capabilities are very useful and efficient.

There really are not any cons for me when using this software. If I have to mention something, it would be that when you do need to speak with someone from customer support, you need to email them versus having the ability to reach a live person directly; which can create some lag time. However, the service provided is excellent.

Timothy C.
Mit Google übersetzen

All-around strong product, saves management time

Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt
Bewertet am 7.11.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

The main benefit for Hotel Effectiveness has been increased control over labor costs. This product, for at least 80% of users (with 50+ employees), would probably pay for itself. When combined with a production schedule, we are able to see which employees are falling short of expectations, meeting expectations, or exceeding expectations, with hard data.

Ease of use - simply go to the website and check employee hours, potential for overtime, and missed "punches". Particularly for the housekeeping department, days won't end at an exact time, so being able to monitor in real-time employee hours helps with middle of the week adjustments to maintain high labor efficiencies.

My only complaint with Hotel Effectiveness would be it's "export" capabilities. A user is required to go through a reports tab, rather than the daily labor check-in, to have a spreadsheet that can then be converted to excel. Lot's of other managers at the resort are either forget how to do this (since it is not frequently done by all department heads), or never learned in the first place.

Weiterempfehlungsquote: 9.0/10

Stefanie K.

Excellent!

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Love that I can do a daily labor check in and see all the associates easily in one place. Excellent for keeping track of days off and requests off. Easily add gratuities and bonus incentives. Can't think of any easier way to keep track of so many associate requests and hours.

That I have to scroll to the top to see the time card when I click on someones time card the start their last name is at the bottom of the alphabet. Honestly that is very insignificant in the great number of on that HE does for our property!!

Pamela C.

Hotel Effectiveness Rocks

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I can't thank this company enough for their fast, efficient, pleasant customer service. I adore the entire team - their service and attitude is impeccable!!

The product produces labor, ACA, punch, revenue, audit, housekeeping, plus many more reports. Having several hotels - I am able to compare data and identify inconsistencies in a breeze.

The product is easy to use; it offers online training and Q & As. The data is valuable to the hotel operations and easy to pull. The canned reports are invaluable!

Completely satisfied - we have no desire to search for other options!!

Mary L.

User Friendly

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Having Hotel Effectiveness has eliminated the 'manual' entry of employee timecards. The punches are electronically made and housed within Hotel Effectiveness. So when it comes time to process payroll it is so easy. Just pull a report and it can download all the payroll information into our payroll accounting software.

The software is very user friendly. It is easy to navigate from page to page. It has 'real time' punches. There is no need to 'wait' or having to manually capture time punches.

I have no cons about the software at this time.

Jonathan G.

Easy to Use- Straight Forward to Learn

Weitere für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

This is my second hotel working with Hotel Effectiveness. I enjoy the ease of use and find the tutorials very informative. Scheduling is simplified and doesn't experience lag. The option to set up auto-generated reports for to monitor labor offers peace of mind.
Great asset to equip your hotel operations team with.

The software is easy to use. There are a list of tutorials to offering ease of use learning the software.
It's very straightforward and user friendly. Scheduling is made efficiently and the program is not heavy to run. Forecasting formulas for allocating labor hours is seamless. Adding users is straightforward. You can add tips, declare tips, bonuses, incentives, PTO, and vacation in a breeze.
Allows for employees with multiple coding without manual calculation for rate differentials.

Although was resolved by customer support; slight challenge coding an employee with a promotion.

Eva J.

Labor Saver

Bewertet am 14.5.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Hotel Effectiveness has helped me greatly with productivity. It's a great tool since I can show an associate how well they are doing with actual, real time numbers/information so they better understand enabling them to have a better grasp on their performance

I use the software mainly for scheduling and tracking productivity. Hotel Effectiveness takes the guess work out of this process since it tells how many people you need to schedule and what time they should finished.

There is nothing that I do not like about the software at this time. I think this is so be of how I use it because everything is loaded (forecasting, labor plans etc.) for me, it just utilize it.

Ben B.

Very Pleased!!!

Bewertet am 5.5.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Managers are in better control of their labor. We can more quickly identify labor issues by position or person, whether that is needing to hire more to reduce overtime or not having the tools for employees to effceinently do their work.

H. E. is easy to use and allows the user the ability to manage you labor cost with the click of a mouse. I also like the timecard feature is easy to view for the manager to see times and total very quickly.

There is nothing that I do not like about the software.

Olivia C.

HE Review

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

HE is a great way to track our labor productivity in real-time. It also allows us to break down trends with all of the historical data it provides.

It is so easy to use. I love the details reports. There is a lot of information you can break down.

I am not in love with the new format. I wish MyHotelTeam.com had more functionality. Like allowing associates to swap shifts via the site. It also needs an app for associates to access quickly on their smartphones.

Bill F.
Untern. Größe: 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Great Management Tool

Bewertet am 6.5.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Our experience has been fantastic. They have been great to work with

I like the industry specificity. I like the mobile aspect. I like the daily reports. I like that Plan fluctuates by occupancy and revenue. I like the ease of use. I like the excellent service. I like almost everything about it and encourage everyone I meet to use it.

only one complaint - it does not prohibit Meal Period violations, which is an issue in California

Scott R.
Mit Google übersetzen

Great tool for keeping payroll

Bewertet am 30.9.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

We utilize this software to keep track of all housekeepers restaurant staff and front desk staff. It shows a great snapshot of places where we have challenges and where we can save to increase profit

The streamline of the last update is smooth. The information once updated shows the changes clearly.

The next update should have in it the changes should be in real time. When putting in termination dates, or adding a name should be instant.

Antwort von Hotel Effectiveness Solutions

Thank you for using Hotel Effectiveness taking the time to share your thoughts. We are making improvements on our new app and your experiences are definitely taken into account.

Natasha J.

Easy to Use

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Great Benefits are the Game Day Process for the housekeepers which keeps them up to date with their Minutes per Occupied rooms cleaned. The 5 mins labor check in helps me see who is getting close to overtime.

It is very user friendly system, and helps me keep up with MPOR , Revenues and Time Keeping.

The clock that is used for the employees to clock in and out, has had to be replaced 3 times in 2 years since i have been at this location with Duke Hospitality

Micah S.

Helpful Tools

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Hotel Effectiveness has a number of very helpful tools that help track the productivity of your employees versus revenue goals/budget that you have set for your business. I also love the overtime tracker that makes it easy to keep an eye on potential extra expenses.

I don't dislike any of the software as of yet but I'm still exploring all of it's capabilities.

Tammi S.

HE is Great!!!

Bewertet am 8.5.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

We are solving hotel labor issues using HE. It is giving Global a better picture of how our labor costs are impacting us. The reports assist us in knowing clearly where we can make adjustments. It also assists in monitoring labor costs for budget purposes.

I love the ease of functionality with this software. Everything is right at your hands.

There is not anything that I dislike about this software... If something exists I have not located it.

Monica S.

Love it !!!!

Bewertet am 17.9.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

A great tool to hold everyone accountable managers and associates included.

The ability to send each associate their own schedules and communicate the reasons for accepting time off and not accepting.

Not able to add multiple job codes for communication for schedule what happens is if someone has two job codes then we cannot email or text info to them.

Antwort von Hotel Effectiveness Solutions

Thank you for taking time to leave a review! Your experience using Hotel Effectiveness means a lot to us and your recommendations to make our product better is always taken into consideration.

Rosina B.
Mit Google übersetzen

Enormous amount of reports that can be generated

Bewertet am 30.5.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Easy to navigate. Schedule can work with your budgeted forecast. OT reports on a daily basis as well as missed punches.

That we are not able to sync this software with her biometric clock in order for employees not to punch in early before their 30 minute lunch. This would help us tremendously to avoid meal penalties for our employees and company.

Antwort von Hotel Effectiveness Solutions

Thank you for using Hotel Effectiveness taking the time to share your thoughts. We are constantly making improvements and your experiences are definitely taken into account.

Weiterempfehlungsquote: 9.0/10

Josh H.

Hotel Effectiveness Review

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I love it. It is easy to use and provides a lot of excellent information

It is so easy to use. There is a ton of information you can glean from all of the reports they provide.

I am not a big fan of the site format change. I would like the MyHotelTeam.com site improved. Associates being able to swap shifts would be nice. Also...there needs to be a smartphone app for MyHotelTeam.com.

Wanakee H.

How awesome is this!!

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

My experience was a bit scary at first not knowing if I could correct my errors and just trying to operate the system. After a tad bit of repetitive practice I now am teaching the software to my colleagues.

The software allows me to easily access the database for everyday use. Tracking hours and making the proper adjustments is also what I like.

I'm not able to pull up everyone's schedule (I may not have access). However when another manager ask me to complete task for them I'm not always allowed to accommodate them.

Mary G.

This is about Hotel Effective

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Helping the business save.

Its the best I ever used it help you keep up with who is over in they hours and how many hours you should work for the amount of work you have.Also it help to know who you can have too leave early on a not so busy day. Its the best I love it.

that it cant tell you everything about .

Anthony L.

Provides Overall Value

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Great for scheduling and monitoring and including the ability to reduce overtime. Allows you to be proactive if used daily.

Monitoring performance to the established standards.

There is room for error in that the established standards may not tie into budget. Caution!

Antwort von Hotel Effectiveness Solutions

Thank you very much for the thoughtful review!

It is possible that your standards will produce labor plans that are different from your annual budget. Labor plans are built from weekly forecasts which may not be exactly what you budgeted for the period. If your forecasts are accurate but you are still seeing budget variances, contact our support team as we should be able to help adjust your standards to reflect the best approach for your hotel.

Weiterempfehlungsquote: 8.0/10