Bókun

António Pedro
António Pedro

A huge change

Bewertet am 24.4.2020

I joined Bokun when they got acquired by Tripadvisor. The small commission was at drove me in, but then I realized it was so much more. It was easy to use, easy to integrate on our website with the widgets and I even found a payment provider better than the one I was using that connected well with them. But I would say the best is their customer service. The whole team is just nice and I've met a few of them at Arival as well. I always tell people when they start using bokun on my team or other teams (to which I have recommended bokun to) - the chat is your best friend, backed by very good tutorials!

Initially, the fact that the bookings could not be seen in a calendar was a difficulty, but it has been fixed.

Jason

Review of Bokun Software

Bewertet am 23.7.2019

Bokun makes the management of reservations and finances much easier and much more efficient for us.

Great API connectivity with key partners to ensure that our reservation information is up-to-date and accurate. Easy to add schedules, make modifications and update as necessary.

Still missing important features with incoming bookings that are necessary for our work: notably we receive no information on the language of the activity of the reservation. We also cannot create one-off bookings/reservations of on request services; if we were able to create orders with one-time products/services instead of being restricted to selecting something form the catalogue, Bokun would satisfy all of our reservation needs.

Rezdy

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Bókun

At the time, the size of Bokun corresponded with the size of our company, which was excellent as we were sure they would understand our specific needs and point of view when using the platform.

Hi Jason,
Thank you for your review and for your feedback. We are always updating and improving the Bokun product, and we appreciate your suggested product updates! Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any other suggestions.

• Branche: Erholungseinrichtungen & -dienstleistungen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

It was a good deal till it started to cost more than others

Bewertet am 3.6.2020

We have been using Bokun for over 6 month now. At the beginning it seemed like a dream. Good pricing, instant chat and they actually made us think they were taking care of us.
Then we started to find issue and bugs in the system, issues that have been there for months, and they don't know how to answer. The pickup list display Room instead of pickup place meaning you have to open every single booking to know where you have to pick customers up. Passenger list is bugy aswell.
Bokun should stop trying to make websites for us and focus on the core business: the activities features
There should be a package option that let you offer a discount if customers book two or more activities.

Being a Tripadvisor company makes the integration with Viator good

It does not have a Package Creation Feature at all
Plenty of bugs and they don't even know when they will got them fixed
Backend seems from 15 years ago
The email options are a joke

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Capterra about your experience with Bokun. Whilst we are very happy that you have found the integration with Viator useful, I apologise that you have not been as pleased with other parts of the platform.

I would like to mention that the pick-up list now displays both location and room, which should resolve the issue that you mention above. Our process for dealing with bugs is currently under review, so your feedback is particularly appreciated at this point.

We would be keen to hear your suggestions for how the email options could be improved, so please feel free to get in touch with us about this. Your suggestion of being able to bundle products together has been submitted as a product feature request, to be reviewed by our management.

Please don't hesitate to get in touch with us at support@bokun.io if you would like to discuss any of these points in more detail.

Best wishes,
Bokun Customer Support

Madeline
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

The customer service is off the scale!

Bewertet am 27.2.2024

My bookings have increased week on week exponentially. I am just about to send out contracts on the marketplace function and am looking forward to even more sales.

The customer service. They have an incredibly well-trained, knowledgable team who will literally stay with you until your issue is resolved, be it online or on the phone.

The set up was tricky for a novice like me, but again the Bokun team were with me every step of the way. I find it much easier to add new products now I understand the system better.

Adam
  • Branche: Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr

Would 100% Recommend

Bewertet am 30.7.2019

Overall an amazing experience. I’m a big advocate for Bokun.

Overall an amazing experience. I’m a big advocate for Bokun.

Implementing Bokun is one of the best decisions we have made. We were not using a reservation management took before. It has saved us at least 3-4 hours a day of booking management. It has enabled us to significantly scale our growth. The customer experience has vastly improved with the availability manager, booking widget and automated emails. Pricing can’t be beat.

There are some bugs that have taken long to fix, some still ongoing many months after launching. Movement seems to be a bit slow

FareHarbor

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Bókun

Pricing/extra fees for our customers was the biggest factor initially.
Nicholas

Great Product, Bit of a learning curve

Bewertet am 27.4.2020

Over all, worth it.

Over all, worth it.

This helps organize all of our products in one place, keeps track of our reservations and makes it easy to sell on our own website.

Takes some time to understand how to set up the products and the customer service is not very helpful in getting you through this learning process.

Diane

Enjoyable experience

Bewertet am 1.9.2020

I have been extremely happy with Bokun and the customer service

I have been extremely happy with Bokun and the customer service

Was with another software company since changing to Bokun my bookings have tripled

Calander for employees is not easily accessible. I would like to see weekly calendar that employees would see as a schedule

FareHarbor

Needed more exposure

I really liked the Customer Service and exposure
Peter

Exceptional service

Bewertet am 30.7.2019

This software is ideal for operators that run business on different selling channels as it connects and gathers data from all of them.

It does a huge job by connecting different selling platforms into one user friendly channel.

There is no cons till now. As it seems there will not be any in future as well.

TrekkSoft

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Bókun

Because of the supplier support that is very efficient and is working smoothly.

Hi Peter,
Thank you for your review! Do not hesitate to reach out if you have questions or suggestions in the future.

Angel
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Bokun Does what it says it does

Bewertet am 30.7.2019

It has been a great working relationship with Them and They are always their when I call.

The ease of use is really the Pro side of the system.

There is no Cons . I have been using it for a while and cannot find anything to say as to what they do wrong.

Hi Angel,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your business and are here to help you if you have any questions or need assistance.

Roman

Bokun is excellent

Bewertet am 25.4.2020

With Bokun I can set everything in order with my bookings. Also customers enjoy modern and comfortable widgets at my website)

It is easy to use and implement to the website.

Unfortunately, it is not translated into Russian.

Peek Pro, Rezdy und TrekkSoft

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Bókun

1. It is connected to TripAdvisor, where our products are already listed 2. No monthly fees. Just comission for every completed booking 3. Modern interface and friendly usability
Cihan
  • Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Not ready to release, still in development, complicated and poor customer service

Bewertet am 22.2.2020

We have products on Viator. They offered us to move all our products on Viator, which was not made properly. Let it aside, the customer service keeps passing our problem to someone else and each time I had to explain everything from the scratch. They say they will get in touch in a few hours but no one actually comes with a solution. The software has connectivity issues even with their own company! If you are a travel company, consider using this software twice!

Owned by Tripadvisor
Can integrate to our Wordpress website

Complicated
Poor Customer service
Very hard coded, you cannot manage product portfolio with ease as they promote

Rezdy und TrekkSoft

Warum Bókun gewählt wurde

Trusting it would be better as it was backed by Tripadvisor

Rezgo

It is owned by Tripadvisor

Hi Cihan,
We're sorry to hear about your experience. We looked into your account and it appears that there was differing availability information between your products on Bokun and Viator, but that the issue has been resolved. We empathize and understand that this is a complicated process. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us at support@bokun.io if there is any other ways we can help.

Verena
  • Branche: Sport
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Support team is the best

Bewertet am 26.9.2018

It really helps us in our internal communication and organization.
It would be great if it would...

It really helps us in our internal communication and organization.
It would be great if it would help us in our marketing in the future. We have made contracts in the marketplace but none of them really brings us much business so far.

The customer service! Very quick, very clear, very helpful for all kind of questions and problems.

For example it should be more easy to make bookings for travel agents or clients which are not in the marketplace. It is a bit complicated to first set them all up as affiliates or agents and then make the bookings for them. Imagine, often hotels or booking offices call in to make a booking and I have to be much quicker to put the booking in.
The software is therefore in my opinion too limited to the marketplace.

I usually use the booking desk to put new bookings in but unfortunately it does not safe the commission here. I have to put it in as discount after I finished the booking.

Antwort von Bókun, A TripAdvisor Company

Hi Verena, thank you for your kind words!

Our help center is full of tips for using our product more effectively with both agents and affiliates. For agents, you're able to provide them with login access to your back-end system so they can make the bookings themselves without needing your assistance. You can also create an Agent Booking Area for agents to book your tours more easily. You can provide affiliates with booking engines that they can enter onto their website for customers to book directly. When a customer books a tour through them, you can see it immediately in your Sales Feed & track it in the Affiliate Report.

When using the Book: Experiences feature, you can choose an agent to view all of the products that are available to them. Commission will be added automatically so there's no need to add the discount afterwards. We are happy to work with you to ensure you're getting the most out of our Marketplace.

Please don't hesitate to reach out for further assistance!

Carrie

Online Booking with Bokun

Bewertet am 11.5.2021

Once you are familiar with Bokun it's a superb tool and the support team is awesome, always just a few minutes away to help you solve your issues.

When we decided for Bokun it was the mix of an online booking system for accommodation, activities plus the all Bokun Marketplace where you could connect with suppliers and vendors from all over the world and resell their products or have them resell yours.

It was rather complex to get acustomed with the product. Bokun is not a simple "plug & play" solution. You will have to own a good amount of time, dig in, get to know it and then strategically plan what you want to get out of the system and how, before doing it.
A clear con today is that Bokun no longer has a focus on the accommodation section, unfortunately. Because we were on it from the beginning we still have access to the tool, which is sadly our most important tool. But Bokun is no longer putting any effort into developing the accommodaton part.

Ralf
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Best value for money reservation

Bewertet am 9.12.2019

At the beginning I was a bit struggling, but now as I know the system, it works very well. When I have a problem I get support very quickly.

It is cheap and works very closely with Viator (TripAdvisor Experiences) and Expedia

The fact that it is owned by the biggest player, i.e. Tripadvisor. First of all it is a big advantage but at the same time a risk with regards to GetYourGuide (another very strong partner of mine). So I use two Reservatins System. I work with bokun and have Viator, Expedia, Musement, Holibob, TourHQ etc. connected and on the other side I use GYG directly.

Hi Ralf,
Thank you for your review and for your feedback. We are sorry to hear you aren't using Bokun to connect with GetYourGuide. We assure you that our goal is to get you connected to and selling on as many channels as possible, in order to put you in front of every potential customer. Bokun shares none of our customer data with the TripAdvisor Experiences / Viator account management team. If you do decide you want to use Bokun to connect to GetYourGuide, or you want to learn more about our GYG partnership, please reach out to us at support@bokun.io.

Ricardo Alexandre
  • Weitere für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Excellent b2b features

Bewertet am 4.3.2021

I found bokun because I noticed that some products were highlighted on Viator experiences. I asked how could I get that and they told me to take a look at Bokun because the experiences that were connected with bokun were highlighted.

Since it was the first time I saw this kind of software, I found it amazing.

But when I was faced with a weak checkout UX for our customers and with a bad support, I searched for other solutions.

The best part of bokun is the marketplace. It allow you to connect your business to thousands of businesses.

And, as far as I know, bokun has the biggest businesses pool. Because of this, if your priority is b2b, I think that this a great option.

At the time I was using it, customer support was the worst part of it. I think it was a new team, so they didn't knew the features and they seemed like bots because when you exposed a problem, they just searched for related articles and suggest you to read them.

Also, you just could talk to them via chat or email. And, since this is for business, I think that they should a phone support also.

The checkout widget that they provide to our customers is also very weak, compared to other solutions. It has spelling erros, because they do automatic translation and because they don't create a suggesting safe UX. Even after exposing some spelling errors on the widget, because they use automatic translations, they weren't willing to fix that.

Antwort von Bókun, A TripAdvisor Company

Hello Ricardo, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. On the one hand, we're glad to hear you enjoyed the Marketplace. That's right, this is a very powerful tool for both suppliers and sellers to create and expand your network and increase your revenue at the same time. On the other hand, we're very sorry to hear that our customer service did not meet your expectations. We strive to provide excellent support and we are truly sorry this has not been your experience. Whilst we offer assistance mainly via chat and email to offer a quick and faster resolution, 24/7, we remain available to provide support via phone, when requested. We would like to apologize if you have not been pleased with our booking widgets, your contribution is particularly appreciate as we are always trying to improve our products. Please don't hesitate to get in touch with us at support@bokun.io if you would like to discuss any of these points.
Many thanks, Alexia, Bokun Support

Georg
  • Branche: Wein und Spirituosen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great for bookings, want to see it move to operations

Bewertet am 2.10.2018

It is OK I worry much with the new owners and what they will do with the pricing of bokun, expecting to move back to our own online booking system if prices rise and just use bokun to book other products with partners.

Easy to manage bookings, good feature set around it.
Many sales and suppliers in the system, good sales canal.

Management of the products can be complicated and often not working correctly.
Would like to see better management around staff, able to assign bookings on guide or driver guides.
The calendar on our web can be slow some times.

Antwort von Bókun, A TripAdvisor Company

Hi Georg, thank you for reviewing Bokun!

We're happy to hear that you found our system useful and easy to use. At Bokun, we strive to help our users grow their businesses, including selling your products through channels like your own website, global OTAs and the Marketplace. So, if you want to explore any of this, do let us know!

Our developers are actively working on Resource Management, so stay tuned for more information on this soon!

Last but not least, if you require any assistance on product management or anything in general, please don't hesitate to reach out. We're happy to help.

- Bokun Support

Paula
  • Branche: Professionelles Training & Coaching
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Bokun is the best software for the management of bookings in the travel industry

Bewertet am 24.9.2019

It's one of my favourite softwares. I use it on a daily basis to manage the travel business I work for and I cannot even begin to describe the amount of time and energy I save everyday by using Bokun.

Bokun is the ultimate software for travel operators and travel platforms alike. It provides 5-star service, a full on-boarding process with one of their experts. Plus, they are fully integrated with big travel platforms such as TripAdvisor and Expedia, so you get all bookings in one place and you don't need to check multiple platforms daily, which is a big time saver.
Moreover, Bokun provides beautiful and customizable widgets for your products to put on your website, which increases conversion rates.

It is pretty complex to use, but that's both a strength and a weakness. They do offer professional on-boarding and a great resource library, which makes it relatively easy to learn for anyone with

Hi Paula,
Thank you for your review and your kind words. At Bokun, we strive to keep improving our product and our level of service to meet our customers' needs. Please do not hesitate to reach out to support@bokun.io if you have any ideas for how we can improve the product, particularly in regards to the ease of use.

Bokun Support Team

David

Best Solution for Doing Business

Bewertet am 30.7.2019

Bokun team support is the best my team has ever worked with in the industry. There ability to customize a system that works for us was amazing. There system is a one stop solution with opportunities for future support as we continue to increase our business levels.

Functionally easy to navigate. Very easy for my team to customize groups or set up new products.

The software meets our requirements. I would recommend to anyone.

neeraj
  • Branche: Eventservice
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Bokun is waste of time and money

Bewertet am 27.4.2023

We really dislike BOKUN because it is for small private experience, but if it is large company the services qre very bad, TRhis software is made only for viator or maybe otyher OTAs but not for daily uses,

The product list widget, that i can't someone and they can use all the products,

The CUSTOMER Services, everytime you write them: They say:"WE HAVE IMPLIMENTED YOUR FETURE REQUEST AND SOON WE WILL GIVE YOU ANSWER" After 6 months no answer.

Antwort von Bókun, A TripAdvisor Company

Hi Neeraj, thank you for taking the time to write a review about our company. We're sorry to hear that you're not happy with the platform and experience. While we want to hear all about the improvements that you're missing from our platform, we can't promise that these will be implemented or that they will be implemented swiftly, since any request need to go through validation by our product team and an assessment by IT first. We understand that your raised feedback is a feature that you need, and your feature has been submitted to the relevant department for evaluation.

We're sorry to hear that you feel this platform can't be used for daily use. Currently, our platform may be part of Tripadvisor but is its own subdivision and operating independently. You can connect to OTAs, your own system and partners using the marketplace and our use is meant for daily operations getting your bookings together in one place.
Many thanks - Valerie Bókun support team

NICOLAS
  • Branche: internationale Angelegenheiten
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

A practical and effective tool

Bewertet am 26.11.2019

I have had a good experience with the use of the platform and the reception of executives.

Intuitive and easy to use, A simple and integrated way to load products,

The classification of activities, I consider that it is more efficient to separate the activities according to the sector or product that is offered.

Affinity Designer

recommendation

Hi Nicolas,

Thank you for your review. Great to hear that you've had success integrating your products. You can add categories and attributes to your experiences in Bokun in the product setup settings. Don't hesitate to reach out to support@bokun.io if you need any further information or support.

All the best,

Cody

Love this software

Bewertet am 26.11.2019

Helping us get more business, and make it easier for customers to find us online.

How easy and effective it is at sales for my business!

Customer support is hard to communicate directly with guest.

Sales boost

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Bókun

I felt it would bring us more business.

Hi Cody,

Thank you for your review and your feedback. Thank you for your comment about our customer support We are always working on improving our performance, so we appreciate this feedback!

Alfredo
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

A good solution for ACTIVITIES or single option products, not bundles

Bewertet am 11.7.2022

I LOVE Bókun... was my first option when I change my old tailor-made (and expensive) booking solution. In the beginning, all was marvellous. We are a Travvel Agency, creating our own products with very local providers. We use it for "little" one day experiences, and it was great. But when we need more flexibility to create bundles, mixing tickets, hotels, trains... things began to change...for the worse

The options to define product. The website creator (which is a Duda solution). The powerful of managing products.

Lack of flexibility for complex products (bundles)

Rezdy und Rezgo
Megan
Megan

Simple and affordable

Bewertet am 21.9.2018

As an accommodation provider, Bokun has really streamlined my booking and payment processes - pretty much all guests are paid in full online upon arrival, saving time and making for a better check in experience.

Simple, streamlined booking widget (for your website) and easy-to-use property management dashboard

Doesn't provide sales spreadsheets with HST information (which I need for tax purposes in Canada)

Hi Megan,

Thanks for your review of Bokun! We're so glad to hear that you find our widgets and dashboard easy to use, and that we've helped to streamline your business. We do not yet have country-specific reports built but we are always looking for feedback for our Product team, so we are happy to pass that suggestion along.

Thanks!

- Bokun Support

Mr. Abraham

Bokun for Tour and Activity operatros

Bewertet am 9.12.2019

we get good readership and visibility for our products. we will continue adding more day and multi-day excursions and off-road safaris on Bokun.

Bokun is great software for tour and activity operators. The day to day activities itinerary feature and
online payment possibility for customers is amazing.

they are yet to fulfit in the best way possible, the pricing option based on participants on a shared transport.

Hi Abraham,
Thank you for your review and for your feedback on the ability to offer different pricing based on transportation options. We have some solutions we'd like to suggest that will allow you to offer different pricing based on if the type of transportation your customer is selecting -- please reach out to us via support@bokun.io or the chat in the product, and we will help you get it set up.

Christoph
  • Branche: Sport

Best booking software

Bewertet am 30.7.2019

I used other bookingtools before and bokun is the best so far. Value for the product is awesome.

The userfriendly functionality is awesome. And the presentation of our tours and lessons is perfect. Customers having no problems in booking and it is very easy to create new experiences.

There is nothing I don’t like. But I would like to have more payment providers included.
And the new functionality of planing your resources needs some improvement (e.g. one surfboard per customer etc.)

bookingkit

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Bókun

Same quality for less provisions

Hi Christoph,
Thank you for your review and your suggestions on adding additional payment providers and enhancing resource management. We are continually working to improve the Bokun product, so please keep checking back on Bokun for enhancements in these areas.