GiveSmart

Sortieren nach

Crystal
Crystal
  • Weitere für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Gesture offers excellent professional software with outstanding customer service.

Bewertet am 31.10.2017

Gesture's software is user-friendly, fun to utilize and has a clean, professional look. I thoroughly appreciate Gesture's frequent software updates. They are continuously in search of even better ways to improve upon the customer experience, which they communicate through their Gesture Innovation Center emails. I believe that they value customer opinions and implement suggestions, accordingly. As an event planner, other companies often approach me, but none offer the experience Gesture has given my clients over the years. Our account manager, Allie Erickson is on top of our every need, patient, accessible, friendly and helpful. Our on-site manager is thoughtful, communicative, professional and kind. The Gesture team is trustworthy, diligent and fully dedicated to their customers. Every year, our attendees highly rate Gesture in our post-event survey. We have remained loyal to Gesture for many years and will continue for many more to come.

I would like to remain logged onto the system longer, but I understand that the system logs me off for security purposes. I really don't have any complaints.

Charlotte
  • Branche: Tierarzt
  • Monatlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Creat Experience

Bewertet am 13.10.2020

It was a much better program than our previous auction software. And the customer service is top notch! They even went above and beyond this summer with a webinar series that helped us share best practices across the country.

It is very easy to use, both on the admin side and for the users. It was very easy to customize on the back-end.

There are some glitches in entering donation items and I had some photos disappear after loading them, but they were minimal.

Lillian
  • Branche: Museen & Institutionen
  • Weitere für 6-12 Monate genutzt

First-time mobile bidding user

Bewertet am 15.8.2019

Online technical troubleshooting is minimal and mostly limited to references to existing articles. Introduction to our on-site event lead was too late, and staff/volunteer training was therefore delayed. More pre-event communication and training with our direct event lead would have been helpful. The customer service provided by GiveSmart staff at registration was poor according to guest feedback. There was little effort in trying to understand the purpose and scope of our event and our intentions in how to use GiveSmart to facilitate our vision. Many guests had trouble with mobile bidding, but did not receive adequate support from GS staff. We instructed on-site GS staff about specific check-in procedures that were ignored; GS staff had pressured guests to provide credit cards despite our instructions.

Relatively easy bidding, data readily available for auction items, ability to import registrant data with custom fields

Page customization is relatively inflexible given our organization's needs. Any changes to auction item description input and packaging is tedious given that you have to un-package items to make more extensive changes to individual items. The donor recognition is automated so it's prone to errors. Auction item restrictions are not readily visible on the mobile site for bidders. Item photos can't be saved from the platform. Item certificate and acknowledgment letter formatting is inflexible and flawed. Funds to account are not easily distinguishable between auction and donation, which does not help our accounting.

Recommendation
Amy
  • Weitere für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

GiveSmart is a smart choice!

Bewertet am 12.8.2019

GiveSmart is a great platform for events -- either DIY or staffed by their team. I've worked with them for many years in three different organizations. They are solid, professional and goal-focused.

There are some limitations with customization for displays, but that's minor, in my opinion.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu GiveSmart

My experience with GiveSmart is that it's worth the price. We used Gesture for a couple of years, but am thrilled that they are now part of the GiveSmart group.
Seth
  • Branche: Fundraising
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Great software for Online Benefit Auctions

Bewertet am 15.9.2020

They have a great costumer support team as well as on site team. Have had nothing but good experiences with their software and team.

I like that you can have multiple photos per auction item as well as items can be in more than one Category! These are GREAT features that separate their product from others.

The price is a bit too high for a lot of my clients, especially if its for a one off event.

Auctria, Greater Giving und OneCause

Gründe für den Wechsel zu GiveSmart

Due to their sales team, support team, and ability for items to be in more than one category and have several photos.
Maggie
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Make your auction run seamlessly!

Bewertet am 7.12.2021

Excellent! No complaints.
We highly recommend this over similar products.

Excellent! No complaints.
We highly recommend this over similar products.

We have used GiveSmart for several years for our Gala auctions and we have had wonderful experiences with the software. This has made our auction seamless to run, and the checkout is simple to use. All of the reporting is very intuitive and the support staff is helpful is you have questions.

GiveSmart used to send staff to help run your events and we are told this is no longer the case. We liked having their team available to help at the in person events.

Greater Giving und OneCause

Gründe für den Wechsel zu GiveSmart

The staff support was helpful and the product was easy to use and implement.
Brittany
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Great Platform for Event Registration and Silent Auction

Bewertet am 14.10.2020

very positive. I especially like that they highlight other clients events and work so you can see possibilities on other / different types event you can utilize platform for. Always thinking about how non profits can utilize the system for their advantage . Always developing the system to be better

Very customizable
Easy to set up
Customer support very accessible

not able to integrate with the CRM we use

Gründe für den Wechsel zu GiveSmart

liked that there were not extra transaction fees Sales staff very knowledgeable
Anna
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

First Time Admin and I am already loving it!

Bewertet am 12.8.2019

Everything is centrally located on the campaign dashboard and you can use it with other events as well. Allows for ease when trying to organize many events.

Because there are so many features to this software, the learning process is a little daunting. However, once you get through it you'll have all you need to make sure that each campaign is successful.

Chelsea
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

GiveSmart Review

Bewertet am 12.8.2019

So far my experience with GiveSmart has been great!

So far my experience with GiveSmart has been great!

I like the fact that it is very user-friendly. There are various webinars that are helpful, videos that are always accessible, and the GiveSmart helper is very nice.

I wish that this software was easily implemented into DonorPerfect.

Silent Auction Pro

Gründe für den Wechsel zu GiveSmart

We liked the professionalism of the GiveSmart team members.
Joanna
  • Monatlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Good product for basic fundraising

Bewertet am 13.10.2020

Givesmart has helped us to run virtual events and campaigns more smoothly. The reports allow for very easy access to attendees and donors.

The Givesmart platform is fairly easy to use and intuitive. Customer service is very responsive to questions.

I wish there was more options for customizing text and layout within the pages. Adding photos takes a lot of playing with as they look different live than on the admin side. Also, the photo size limit is challenging. More customization of donation pages would be helpful as well as adjusting sizes of the pages.

Stephanie

Limited functionality and customization

Bewertet am 12.8.2019

I wish the people selling the product and facilitating its use had actual fundraising experience

My staff had used it before and thought it was easier to use.

Lacked basic software capabilities and extremely limited customization

Classy und OneCause

Warum GiveSmart gewählt wurde

Because my staff preferred this platform

Zuvor genutzte Software

Gründe für den Wechsel zu GiveSmart

Because my staff requested it and my price specifications were met.
Amanda
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Great for in-person events, still working out the virtual event kinks

Bewertet am 13.10.2020

Overall, I would recommend GiveSmart, especially as I know they will continue developing their software to provide better solutions for virtual events. It is really easy to set up your site and auction, and once users are in it is easy for them to use as well. The account managers are really fantastic and willing to help you through any questions or customizations you want to try. Unfortunately, in a virtual setting, it seems less risky to run the site and auction yourself on the day of the event. I appreciate their display, reporting and communication options.

This software is extremely easy to use from the administrative side. I like how easy it is to upload and edit auction items and do small customizations to the page to display information and even things like sponsor logos. The display for a live fundraising appeal with all the names and real-time amounts is great. I like being able to send texts very quickly. The reporting function is amazing. There are so many different types of reports to really be able to analyze the data. I like being able to livestream a youtube video with the presentation view. The customer support team is fantastic. I am excited to use the new Champions feature for peer-to-peer fundraising.

The switch to virtual events has created some kinks that need to be worked out. Whereas they typically were registered ahead of time by us as being on the guest list, or could register at the door, in a virtual setting they had issues registering themselves, especially if they were trying to register for a second event. It is not very intuitive to sign in if you forgot your password. I wish that you could customize the fonts and the order in which ads are displayed. I also would like to be able to send an email through Givesmart that would show up as coming from me so it would be less likely to be missed by event attendees. While the support team is fantastic, the on-site/day-of specialists can be hit or miss in their effectiveness.

Amazing event support

Bewertet am 3.5.2019

GiveSmart provides much needed day of event support as well as an easy to use interface for auction bidding. Reporting has helped ease the closeout process and assure everyone receives their items and we receive payment. They send continuous follow-up to donors for payment post event. You also have access to crowdfunding for 6 months after your event has ended.

Easily create auction website to link to your website. Bidders receive texts when they have been outbidded. You are able to create endless silent and live auction items for your page. Event support is so responsive and you are able to customize your support needs for in state and out of state events. Their team arrive to your event with ipads to complete donor bidder profiles on site. They will come to your booth in exhibit hall and encourage people to register for bidding. They are super friendly and outgoing and are great as live auction spotters. They raise far more than their cost and double our giving. You are able to even enter in different pledge amounts as donation items on the auction site.

They are a little costly however it's worth it for a smooth, successful event. I do wish the website was a little more attractive and grouped the silent and live items together. The items appear kind of small and cramped together.

Shelley
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement
  • Weitere für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Decent bidding software, horrible customer service

Bewertet am 22.10.2020

Up until this year I have been pleased with GiveSmart. We have been GiveSmart customers for several years, starting out with 501 and then converting platforms to GiveSmart. I have been extremely disappointed with GiveSmart's customer service during the pandemic. They will not budge on previously signed contracts- despite live events (still several months out) being canceled and the GiveSmart team not being allowed to travel. I even asked about just extending our contract so that we can continue to use GiveSmart at a future event (2022?) but even that is apparently not an option- our only option is to be held to a contract and lose our deposit on an event that can't happen. Sad to think they are willing to lose a customer rather than even attempting to work with us.

Bidding functionality is great with GiveSmart. The SetUp is easy- as long as you are ok with their preformatted template- the majority of the pages are all formatted and can not be customized, even something simple like trying to move one section up or rearrange various sections on a webpage is simply not possible.

Very little customization. Not user friend for virtual events- great for bidding but does not allow streaming or actual event coverage. In order to host a virtual event a secondary software also has to be used to actually stream/ cover the event.

Cleve
  • Branche: Religiöse Einrichtungen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Covers All The Bases

Bewertet am 16.10.2020

Not a fan of the fact that someone on our dropped the fee for user support and had us go DIY but that's on us and I made it work anyway

Fairly easy to figure out. With enough lead time a and lab scenario deployments most folks can work it out.

Little cludgy trying to get the card readers and IPADs. Come on now, one stop shopping. E en if you use two vendors you can mask that with software so that we don't have to know.
I have had many complaints from folks trying to purchase the online raffle tickets. Once they click the buy they get the message that KS for your purchase. They have actually added multiple tickets to their cart trying to figure out how to actually purchase the tickets. You should change the phrase to "you items have been added to your cart" and NOT thank you for the purchase. Or add verbiage that says now click the "Pay" button to continue.

Meghan
Meghan
  • Branche: Einzel- & Familiendienstleistungen
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Worth the investment to skyrocket your event fundraising!

Bewertet am 31.10.2017

Ultimately, it has very clear ROI for the agency. The transition from paper building to mobile has drastically increased our pre-event and day of event fundraising. My favorite part about the software is the increase in funds collected the night of the event. It was incredibly unfortunately how much staff time we had to dedicate post event to collecting money, for many of our events we not have 100% funds collected the night of the event, which frees our staff up to focus on thanking donors. Lastly, the interface is very easy to understand and navigate. We have a number of events that have more mature attendees, who were skeptical when we began to make the transition from paper to electronic. After one use they all required we use the technology at future events. This is also a credit to the Gesture onsite staff who really meet the attendees where they are at and give extra attention when needed!

I guess my comments would be both a pro and a con. The fact that Gesture is constantly evolving and improving the technology it can sometimes be hard to keep up with all of the current offerings and capabilities as a client. This is one of many vendors you work with so it can be hard to keep yourself educated. Although, this is when you really rely on your account manager to relay this information to you, which our, representtaive, does a wonderful job.

• Branche: Hausmeisterservice
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Good event fundraising and mobile bidding solution

Bewertet am 14.12.2018

Good overall experience, we will use them again next year. Custom service for the software is very responsive. Most of the people they send to the event are very polite and professional, but we have had a couple of people that have not been the best at representing our organization.

We have used this software for two years now for our annual charity golf outing. It's a fantastic tool for mobile bidding at auctions and overall "day-of-event" fundraising. Easy to use and navigate. In addition to the software, you get actual people that run the software the day of the event.

One challenge I have found is that the information from last year's event doesn't carry over to the next year. Since we typically get a lot of the same donors, I have to re-enter donors from scratch instead of having the system "remember" them from last year.

Antwort von Community Brands

Thank you for the positive review of GiveSmart! We greatly appreciate all of your feedback. Good news is that you are able to transfer the information from your previous event to your next year. The only information that would not be available is the actual credit card information, for obvious reasons we would want to keep that secure. Please connect with your Account Manager and they will happily help you do this for the next event!

Carrie

Overall, great product

Bewertet am 14.10.2020

The account managers have been a pleasure to work with. We've also utilized the in-person staff for our auction event. They were professional and helpful.

Ease of use, able to quickly set-up a new event and make changes as needed. Encompasses most of our fundraising needs

Limited P2P fundraising abilities, which they have started incorporating

Kenneth
Kenneth

BEST ONLINE AUCTION RESOURCE OUT THERE

Bewertet am 18.12.2018

Cannot sing their praises more. If you want to go with a group that honestly cares about wanting to make your event a success, use GiveSmart.

Customer service is INCREDIBLE. The organizations has utilized GiveSmart for 4 years and has never had an issue. When they assign an event representative to you, you can be assured that any question you may have in setting up the auction site or any technical problems that you may have will be resolved immediately by the assigned rep or they will ensure that they find the right person to correct the issue or answer the question if they cannot immediately help. In addition to the auction management, their pacakge allows for FULL event management; everything from

Cost of using the service would be the only negative, and not really a negative because their costs are actually lower than some other options that the organization looked into.

Patricia
  • Branche: Museen & Institutionen

Affordable single use platform

Bewertet am 14.8.2019

We decided to try GiveSmart for a second year. We felt that we learned so much from the previous year that it would not hurt to try it one more year. We are a small organization with older donors so we are manipulating the software to work with out the online bidding. The live auction works great. Silent is a bit of work but we think we have it figured out this year.

Excellent reports. table seating. customer relations management.

Last year we were not familiar with the software an did not have enough training. We did not know that day of support was an option.

Morgan
  • Branche: Philanthropie

Worked Great For In-Person & Virtual Events

Bewertet am 13.10.2020

We love using Givesmart. We have used them for both virtual and in-person events and they have been so easy to work with. They are able to help us customize their product to our events and make it seamless for the volunteer/donor.

-Trainings
-One on one support
- Ability to customize

-Challenge when using a bid number system when money is going to certain volunteers
- hard to import volunteer information

Rebecca
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement

Very Helpful

Bewertet am 19.10.2020

Great experience.

Great experience.

Give Smart is easy to use and has a great support staff to help you through the entirety of your event and use of the software.

We only use it once a year, so I wish it cost less for one time users.

Warum GiveSmart gewählt wurde

Better features for Give Smart and more support.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu GiveSmart

Price for what we needed and used.
Emily
  • Weitere für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

We've enjoyed working with Gesture, the customer service is outstanding and the site is easy...

Bewertet am 27.10.2017

Ease of ticket sales and managing all of our fundraising items including silent auction, games, and donations.

The site is easy to navigate, the customer service is friendly and attentive, we like the different features like being able to text guests at the event, the site is clean and modern looking, being able to insert sponsor ads throughout the page is great, and the onsite coordinators were a life saver! We also enjoyed the categories options for items and the ease of creating and managing the tickets portal.

Some of the features like not being able to manage donations made pre-event and the donation thermometer is lack luster. We went from doing a paddle raise to doing all mobile donations and did not feel the thermometer display was as exciting or captured the attention of guests. We did not realize until the night of the event that in order to show progress in the thermometer we had to keep refreshing the page. Just not what we were expecting.

andrea
  • Weitere für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

GiveSmart helped us streamline and go virtual!

Bewertet am 13.10.2020

GiveSmart is easy to use software that helped us transform fundraising events. In particular this year, when we have switched to a virtual format for our fundraising events, we relied on GiveSmart to make it happen Their team of dedicated staff is helpful with guidance and fixing problems. The system is easy to use and navigate and allows us to track and analyze financial and donor information post-event.

The ease of use, clear guidelines provided, and helpfulness of the account manager assigned to our project.

There are a few functions that would be helpful to add, and figuring out how to correctly apply sales tax can be a bit confusing.

It is more expensive than other software, but the ease of use for both the admin and users makes up for the cost difference. You get what you pay for!

Ben
  • Branche: Kunst & Handwerk
  • Weitere für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Such an upgrade from doing an auction on paper. Can't believe we waited so long to make the...

Bewertet am 22.5.2018

Ease of use and real time results. Also having GiveSmart employees at the event.

Having used this 3 years now, I appreciate being able to access previous years' info and descriptions. The reporting functionality is fantastic and I love being able to see results in real time.

1. I wish we could have several screens for the same item. Silent Auction packages are sometimes made up of a few items and it would be nice to showcase those items visually on more than one available page.
2. Similarly, the automated process of creating table tents/placards for your project is not ideal. The available space for an image is too small, as is font size. You don't want people squinting at your package descriptions.