• Funktionen
Gabriella N.
  • Branche: Metallabbau
  • Untern. Größe: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Works well whether entry-level or high performance

Bewertet am 21.2.2021

Having used ESET for about seven years there are definitely more pros than cons.

I have used ESET for about 7 years back and forth and at times together with another antivirus. When I first started with ESET it did a really good job, my laptop was not performing well, I installed it and managed to remove over 20 malicious software.
I like how it works well on different computer systems, be it entry-level or high performance. I am currently running it on an i5 processor with 8 GBs of RAM and it works well. It uses low computing power and it does not slow down my computer.
I like the ESET splash screen that shows up on computer startup, it's interesting how it's changed over the years. The splash screen has a clean and premium feel to it and it makes using ESET thus much more pleasant. The splash screen simply shows up and automatically disappears, making starting up pleasant and not long especially when compared to other programs where a complete window opens up which then has to be closed.
I have also used it on an entry-level computer with a Celeron processor and 4 GBs of RAM. It worked well, and I still saw the above pros, and most importantly I was able to scan my computer and have it free of malware.

I do not have much against ESET, it works well, except that scan times are lengthy, but this is related to file sizes that I have on my machine and in any case, I found it to still be quicker than other programs.
There is a price point to ESET and even though it works well there are other anti-virus programs with a free plan that compete strongly with it.

Abinadi R.
  • Branche: Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit

Your Security made Easy

Bewertet am 18.9.2020

I use this every day and it works perfectly. I love its simplicity so anyone at home could check for threat however it is still very powerful tool. The frequency of the updates its just fine and I like the fact that I can constantly monitor the events and logs for more details.

The product is very solid compared to its competitors. The regular updates keep you secure for new security threat and it is very simple to use but still very effective

I would like to see a more simple integration with some IoT devices and control of the home network. overall is a great product update could more frequent. Include details of the upgrade for people familiar with security terminology

• Branche: Fotografie

ESET Endpoint Security

Bewertet am 23.10.2018

In experience, it is not a bad program, but it is very basic depending on the type of user that is addressed, for a home user it would be good but for business, something more robust would be needed.

This security system although it has many options is very easy to use, it is very friendly and for a user who has never used it you can use it easily, I could say that this type of security should be used more for people of home since For some company it is very basic, it may have different security options but it is not complete.

What I do not like is the cost, the cost of this application is too high for the options and security that it has, it can have different levels or options for security of different types for when protection is something very simple, at the company level that handles some sensitive information could cause problem, since the type of security as I mention it above is very basic, would be only for users of house, and for the price the users of house I would not accept it is very high.
They have an option for microsoft security that I do not see as a user.

Trevor S.
  • Branche: Computer-Vernetzung

Eset security software

Bewertet am 21.1.2021

We use this software in many ways to protect businesses from hackers and viruses and blocked unsafe web site. Plus it protects our company when access banking information.

I have been Eset for a while now, and the software has made some significant improvement overall with using the software adding more security features like the banking system. This software you to take control of access to firewalls and also gives users control on having a computer scanning for issues. The software has a different level of software protection to choose from.

The licensed to purchase this software is a bit troubling. It does give your license keys. If you need to reinstall the program in some older model, you required a user name and keycode or ID code. It just too confusing. Also, the software takes too many resources when scanning every time you reboot your computer.

Alain jove R.
  • Branche: Telekommunikation
  • Untern. Größe: 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

A good choice to keep viruses at bay

Bewertet am 7.2.2021

Overall, the product suits my needs especially in terms of managing a relatively small network of computers. The essential functions are present to prevent intrusion, and tying it up with the default firewall as well as tweaking router settings suits just fine in preventing unwanted websites and pop ups from appearing in in your screen, and sifting through websites with anomalous content.

There's a ton of anti virus and anti malware apps already online, but one reason why I used this product is for its simplicity and for its being lightweight, and not to mention the pricing. Doing system maintenance can be a daunting task, and waiting for boot scans to finish can be time consuming especially with a lot of tasks on the to do list. Yes, I do boots cans once a month to ensure that my security software can reach the deepest caverns of my computer because with all the phishing, malware, ransomware, and viruses lingering online, it's better to make this precautions than fall prey to it.

I also find it very handy using the malware scan through the browser, which is optional but can be easily changed in the settings. Along with the default Windows Firewall of Windows 10, I feel my system a lot safer, because apparently using only the latter isn't sufficient enough to keep those bad entities at bay.

Although pricing is way better than others, it is limited to some functionalities. And an advanced user might consider switching to other products if one is looking for other add-ons especially for those who have high browsing and other internet activities.

Lourdes P.
  • Branche: Computer-Software

Lightweight But Tough Virus and Web Protection

Bewertet am 29.11.2020

I have been an ESET user since 2005. Back then there was only ESET NOD32 and it has grown a lot since with various platform protection. I am very pleased that they have not changed their style of being lightweight and easy to install (no-brainer installation and management) that I recommend it for use to friends and colleagues. I have never ever had any virus problems with ESET which is the main reason why I am confident when I recommend it even to clients. One really gets the value for his/her money with a license purchase from ESET.

It is lightweight, meaning it does not need too much resources to run in the operating system. This is the best selling factor for me of ESET NOD32, especially when compared to Norton or McAfee. The value for money is greater than Kaspersky, another antivirus product which I think is just as good as ESET. ESET is also easy to install and hassle-free. It takes very little time and supervision to install this and as long as you have fast internet, downloading the latest updates and modules is also fast and easy.

The only thing I didn't like about ESET's range of security products is that there are different version for different devices that I have to purchase them separately if I wanted an all-around ESET protection. It would be nice if there is a way to get discount on, say, mobile licenses if you already have the full Windows/Mac product purchased. I had to purchase a separate license for my Android phone - it would have been nice if I could just use the same license.

Craig F.
  • Branche: Telekommunikation
  • Untern. Größe: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Eset for centralized antimalware management

Bewertet am 21.1.2021

It does a great job of catching malware. Occasionally we will have a problem with security updates in Outlook. This can cause the Outlook plugin to not start.

It provide a centralized management system for anti-malware. It is easy to use and does a great job catching web and email malware.

The initial installation was a little time consuming. I need to reach out to support to get help with the base profiles. Evidently this was common, they emailed me a set already configured.

Binoy N.
  • Branche: Medizinische Praxis
  • Weitere für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Solid security offered for the asking price, but could be more aesthetically pleasing

Bewertet am 29.1.2021

I think it's mixed. It wasn't always pleasant and I had to switch to other antivirus programs.

I have used a lot of antivirus software in quite a few systems with varying specifications and I can tell that Eset is at least not resource hogging as Norton. This was the reason I switched to Eset at first. But I found better software later.

Though it is faster than Norton and doesn't use as much resources, there are better one's out there.
Though this happened in the Windows XP era, Eset still couldn't protect my pc all those years back when I made the switch from Norton.
Another thing I don't like is the very 'plain' UI. Not very aesthetically pleasing.

• Branche: Automotive
  • Untern. Größe: 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

A good Endpoint Security Solution which is lesser known.

Bewertet am 24.11.2020

Over all we were very satisfied with Eset Endpoint Security, it is great product for the price.

Eset Endpoint Security is a relatively light weight software in comparison to other market leading brands. it is quite robust and provides support to legacy operating systems which other solutions have stopped supporting.

Their Local partner support could improve a bit, other than that no issues were faced. I am very much satisfied with the solution.

Nazim S.
  • Branche: Immobilien
  • Untern. Größe: 201-500 Mitarbeiter

ESET NOD 32 experience

Bewertet am 24.12.2020

i use it on my home computer. I have been using it for 11 years. I am very pleased. I had no problem.

fast and up to date.
protect my computer from viruses and attacks.

Sometimes scanning or doing when I don't want it. this can be slow.

Mark S.
  • Branche: Immobilien
  • Untern. Größe: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Solid endpoint solution for less

Bewertet am 28.9.2020

Excellent, since we have tested new products with additional new features but when we got it, we definitely felt it was the best out there.

When we were looking for new endpoint solution, we knew there is so many out there and they are all relatively pushy when talking to their sales people. We went through the normal process with Eset and found the pricing mixed with the easy to use reporting and alerting features were better than anything else we tried to that point, overall great decision and very happy with our choice when we moved over.

Honestly not a ton of dislikes here, everything did exactly what we hoped for it to do, so not much here.

Malinda S.
  • Branche: Regierungsbeziehungen
  • Untern. Größe: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

The best anti-virus software for business

Bewertet am 29.10.2019

I have been using eset anti-virus software for 3+ years and my experience so far is really positive. As a company we have never faced any virus/malware infection from the day we started using it and it is doing a great job for these 3+ years. First we used the 30-day trial and then we got that it is the right choice. My overall experience of using eset anti-virus software is really positive and I would like to recommend anyone who is willing to use an anti-virus software which works flawlessly almost 100% of the time and it is the best on the market currently.

There are many ways that a computer can get infected with spyware, viruses, and malware. Among those downloads from internet, email attachments and removable media are the main ways. Normally one railway station has at least 10 computers and those contain sensitive information. These computers are connected to the internet and can be infected from viruses at anytime easily. Viruses can steal passwords, get access to sensitive information, damage files, monitor user's activities and make frequent computer crashes.If one computer get infected, the other computers connected to the network affected too. For all these problems, company decided to use an anti-virus protection to safeguard the PCs. Few years back we have decided to switch to eset anti-virus software. The installation was really easy. That is the most stable and effective anti-virus software I have ever used. Eset runs in the background without hassling me. It doesn't ask me to run a security check/ restart the pc while I'm doing another work. I love the way that it handles everything about security of the pc. It doesn't degrade the performance of my computer while scanning and it intelligently identify threats without blocking other programs. The pretty user interface with “You are protected” sign tells me that everything is fine at one glance.

To be honest, I don't have anything against eset. The license is bit costly but the price is really worth for the security that we get. It is absolutely easy to use.

Mark L.
  • Branche: Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit
  • Untern. Größe: Selbstständig

Eset Endpoint Security (Business)

Bewertet am 24.2.2019

Which? has recently awarded Eset's Antivirus Product its highest score in the "Best Buy" for "paid for" products. The small footprint and speed of its scanning engine is impressive coupled with its VB100 record and free upgrade to new versions make Eset an obvious choice. It doesn't slow your machine down on scanning and is sympathetic in its notifications to cause the least disruption to your workflow. On the whole I would recommend Eset Endpoint Security highly it does what it says on the tin and with minimal fuss.

Eset Endpoint Security is a business offering of a comprehensive suite of Security products including authentication, encryption and antiviral products for multi platform. The business licenses can be purchased in blocks of 5 for a 1 to 3 year duration. The product contains antivirus, firewall, antispam, device control and web filtering. The software footprint is small and its scanning engines speed is impressive against its competition. Eset has passed each one of its VB100 labtests never missing an in the wild virus. Licensing is flexible and new versions are free as long as you hold a valid license. On demand scans can be immediate or scheduled and Esset pride themselves on keeping false positives to a minimum. Eset's support team are knowledgeable and helpful and will happily remote to your machine using ISLOnline to resolve any issues you may have. The business product can be managed by a Remote Administration Console making easy to update and configure all the Eset software on your network.

Because of Eset's comprehensive suite of products it is adviseable to get an Eset agent or Eset themselves to carry out the intial setup. As you drill through the menu's the compexity of the product becomes very evident. The home user security product contains helpful context sensitive messages to aid with its configuration but the messages produced by the business product require some technical knowledge. The firewall part of the product can be sensitive to minor network changes and block printers and devices which are contained in the secure zone. This can be very frustrating for users who have shares on thier PC which are needed by other users.

Darina T.
  • Branche: Tiefbau

It is best to be safe

Bewertet am 31.1.2021

The best is that from very beginning of using ESET software I have no problem with harms to computer or data or web site - no one. This is most important - they are continually improving their SW to be best on market and help their customer . They do their business very well - so we may do our safe and protected.

To have my data safe - not to be afraid of any harm in my data. We use many commercial data from our clients to prepare for them good offers and manage good projects - so we have to be safe with all our work. Many of my friends lost all data on damaged hardisks by activity of stupid hackers or paid so much money to unlock data in specialised companies. Data it is the most important in today times - so the best protection of computer by best software like ESET is step to right direction. I use ESET software for more than ten years - no one problem with any harm of computer or data - and we use internet daily. ESET is the best

there is no one thing, even I like the design and name - it so good

Set it and forget it! ESET offers a convenient and effective one stop security solution

Bewertet am 20.4.2018

I haven't lost time or money or business because my computer is protected and I'm not vulnerable to attacks. That's basically an ROI of priceless if you ask me.

Currently I am using ESET on my work laptop. I am a small freelance business and just have the one computer to protect at the moment. I also purchased another license to install on my parents' computer as they have been very prone to viruses in the past.

Pros
- Set it and forget it - I basically set up this software once to run automatic scans and I haven't had to bother with it much more than that.
- Anti-theft feature - this feature allows you to locate your computer no matter where it is if it gets stolen. Thankfully haven't had to try this feature out, and I hope that I never have to, but it's pretty comforting to know that I have it.
- Parental control - I don't use this, but you can basically set up different profiles for children when they browse the web to block certain sites
- Secure browser for banking and financial websites - ESET launches its own browser when you go to any financial or banking websites. As I understand it, they encrypt everything over this secure browser
- Chock full of other features like personal firewall, email protection, webcam protection, etc
- Automatic prompting when you connect an external drive to scan it.

Absolutely nothing.

So far I have found ESET to be very easy to use and I haven't come across any negatives. Everything from setting up automatic scans to enabling the anti-theft feature through their website has been super smooth.

No issues with this whatsoever and it's extremely easy to use. Well worth it.

Keith W.
  • Untern. Größe: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Quality product that you can rely on.

Bewertet am 7.1.2021

So good I recommend it to our clients.

It doesn’t slow machines down like other Anti virus products.
It is easy to install & forget about, knowing you are protected.
The company is quick to respond to any issues and if support is required they are extremely helpful eve IF it turns out that it isn’t their product that is causing the issue.

I would like a bit more malware specific scans built Into the product.

Nigel Z.

Feature Rich! Security at its best

Bewertet am 12.12.2019

It is doing a good job of antivirus protection and filtering. It is also more customizable than I have tried.

This software detected other networks on my machine. IT was good to have that information to resolve some interesting errors.

I had to set the firewall for a foreign country that is headquarters. This was a slight problem that I didn’t expect. It also seems to run slow but it could be my configuration so I can’t be sure to blame the software yet.

Carlo P.
  • Untern. Größe: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

A powerful, functional and manageable AV system

Bewertet am 13.12.2019

We are able to easily manage ESET from the ESMC console, no matter where the mobile device travels we are able to control it

The deployment process can be easily streamlined using GPO or the ESMC console. As well as managing any Virus outbreaks or threats centrally

Can be a pain if there are issues with the central server, or if machines have issues removing previous AV software in order to install ESET

Carlos benjamin G.
  • Branche: Eventservice

Best Antivirus but still hackable

Bewertet am 29.3.2020

I like it, i Recommend this to anyone. The Best I ever Had

It is very easy to install and use, It doesn't take a lot of resources from your computer.

We got hacked by a Ransomeware 2 times now, when it is supossed that we were covered by ESET =( . Lucky us we have backups of our all data daily. but was not easy to restore.

Steve M.
  • Branche: Computer-Software

Outstanding Protecion

Bewertet am 12.2.2020

I've never had an issue with Malware, Spyware or Viruses since I started using EST about 10 years ago.

Provides outstanding protection
Easy installation and upgrading
Never had an issue with Malware or Viruses since switching
Also like the pricing models for those that own several devices

I haven't found anything to complain about. It just plain works as advertised. You'd hardly know it was there.

Behzod A.
  • Branche: Hochschulbildung
  • Untern. Größe: 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

ESET one of the most trusted names in computer security

Bewertet am 5.4.2019

Truly install and forget about it type of product. Highly recommend it.

I am long time user of ESET products and its Endpoint Security computer security service. I started using ESET in 2006 and since then I am loyal customer of the company. The advantages of this software can be summarized as follows:

1) ESET always tops the computer security tests conducted by independent, third party testing companies (eg. AV Comparatives) that test various well-known antivirus products.

2) No matter whether you are using powerful gaming computer or slow, old laptop -- ESET utilizes minimum CPU. Hence, ESET provides excellent all in one protection at minimal CPU usage.

3) ESET has very user friendly interface for novice users. But at the same time ESET has separate menu with full set of features for expert users.

4) Overall license cost is not expensive. Usually there are several sales throughout the year that make the deal even sweeter.

5) Product offers full security tools including firewall, antivirus, spam protection, anti-theft protection that smoothly integrates with the operating system and require minimal user intervention.

6) ESET has very friendly customer care team of experts that are available 24/7.

I never experienced problems with ESET products. Always recommend it to friends and colleagues.

David G.
  • Branche: Vermögensverwaltung
  • Untern. Größe: 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Always be secure

Bewertet am 30.4.2019

Install this, keep updated, and that's all there is to it. Internet and USB threat security is a breeze.

ESET is light, functional, and up-to-date. I leave the auto-update on in order to be sure I get the latest virus definitions and updates to keep my PC secure. I don't even notice ESET running and the download doesn't affect my network usage either. It just works silently and securely in the background keeping away any fears and headaches. The user interface is pretty straight forward and the graphs gives you the run-thru you need with just a quick glance.

I have not experienced any infection or malware getting away. It has always been scanned and detected by ESET. I think this is pretty good considering that creative work requires me to check websites that can, at times, be within risky domains.

There is also an extension for my Mobile devices. Most happy about the anti-theft feature and the ability to secure my data. I often lose my mobile devices on the field, and ESET gives me the piece of mind that my data cannot be accessed by anyone who picks up what I lost.

Very rare instances of false positives. Some files downloaded and gets flagged for quarantine. Very rare. Other than that nothing else.

Moris M.
  • Branche: Staatsverwaltung

ESET Endpoint Security - La Mejor Solución en Antivurus

Bewertet am 8.4.2020

Eset Endpoint Security es excelente y brinda la confianza de tener una de las mejores protecciones ante virus de todo tipo

La seguridad y confianza con las actualizaciones de Eset que de manera regular ofrecen siempre estar un paso adelante de los nuevos programas o aplicaciones que pueden tener un actuar malicioso o que intenten ejecutar virus disfrazados de programas o aplicaciones validas.

Recientemente no he podido instalar la ultima versión de Eset Endpoint Security en versiones del sistema operativo que uso por no tener más soporte de parte de la compañia que lo distribuye y esto hace que no lo pueda instalar y que no pueda aprovechar sus ventajas.

Aleksandra S.
  • Branche: Kunst & Handwerk
  • Untern. Größe: Selbstständig

Sticking with it for entire family

Bewertet am 31.1.2019

In three years we've been using ESET at home (3PC + 3 mobile license) we've never had a virus or malware actually get through (always blocked/quarantined in time). And that's with a technologically challenged 60 year old woman, who has her own computer and little knowledge about how to protect herself. Also worth mentioning that transferring the license from old computer to new one in the middle of license term didn't take any significant knowledge or time.

ESET doesn't slow down computer as much as other commercially available antiviruses. On low end machine it is more efficient and responsive than anything else, and at that price point it's definitely one of the biggest pluses. ESET provides easy to grasp interface and features that allow you bigger control over your network.

Like every other antivirus, at certain times it turns into giant resource hog, successfully preventing you from getting your job done. It has indeed a mode which prevents it from starting high-resource processes when you're in full screen, but it starts them immediately after you close such app. Let's say your game crashed in the middle of work, you gotta wait those 10-15 minutes before launching it back if ESET already scheduled something for that time. There are workarounds, but you have to be at least moderately skilled in use of computer to get to them.

• Untern. Größe: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

An adaptable anti-virus that can be customised for each device it is on

Bewertet am 14.1.2019

I have used ESET for several years and have generally been very happy with it. The main issues I have had with it are related to updating the software or installation of it where it occasionally fails to do so automatically via the various tasks referenced in Pros thus resulting in manual intervention being required.
The admin portal could do with an update as it seems mildly dated and some of the features are needlessly difficult to modify - triggers on certain tasks for instance do not seem to be able to be edited, instead they must be deleted and re-created.

Easy to set up tasks for specific groups
Can set up dynamic groups to facilitate running of certain tasks e.g. GPO installs eset agent, eset detects client with agent but no AV, adds to "No AV" dynamic group, task runs that installs AV, ESET detects AV installed but not activated, adds to "AV not activated" dynamic group, task runs that activates AV, ESET detects out of date database, adds to AV out of date dynamic group, task updates AV, etc.
Support are very quick to respond and are able to provide comprehensive guides on features.

Sometimes tasks fail for no detectable reason and the only way to fix is to manually run the task. This can be time consuming.
Some viruses are not removed by ESET, this results in the need to run a script to delete the offending files.