Melio

Sortieren nach

Devin
  • Branche: Großhandel
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Simple and Intuitive for our growing business

Bewertet am 7.11.2022

They have been great to work with and support is super responsive

One thing I like about Melio is a newly released feature that allows us to pay multiple invoices to one vendor by one payment. We often had to create individual payments to each vendor separately so now we can combine into one payment makes everyone's life easier.

We had issues of the preferred payment method of payment to vendors change without us making the change but that seems to be a resolved issue.

Antwort von Melio Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Hi Devin, thank you for taking the time to post this review. We are delighted to hear you find Melio useful and are enjoying the features we offer.

Jamie
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Melio is the best and works seamlessly with QBO

Bewertet am 17.11.2022

There were a few kinks at first but most of them have been worked out, the customer service is great. I have enjoyed working with them to fix issues or work out bugs. The ease of the app and ability of the integration with QBO is unprecedented and has seriously saved me hundreds of hours for each client that I handle bookkeeping for. I love how quick and easy it is, and it's all in one platform, incoming, outgoing and history. I love everything about Melio.

The fact that it is free for ACH and has the integration with QBO. It has become my go to for my clients and bill paying and payment processing. I can track all of there A/R and A/P and submit payments or receive payments with a click of a button, makes it so easy and simple. I recommend to my clients and I use it myself almost daily. I love how it gives you options, you pay the fee or your customer does, they make the call on how they want to be paid via check or ACH. It just makes sense.

The fact that the ACH option still takes sometimes 3, 5 or even 7 days to receive does put a strain on cash flow for some clients. The processing of checks also seems to take a really long time, sometimes I will get a bill in and go immediately to setup payment and it states the received date would still be after the due date which makes it frustrating at times. I appreciate the 2 checks a month for free before charging and realize it can't all be free, but it was nice when it was free. I also wish they had more business to person options, not just B2B. This would be super valuable for Non-profits to save on processing fees as well as some MLM businesses.

Antwort von Melio Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Hi Jaime, thank you for sharing this review with us and the community! We're glad to hear you find Melio useful and easy to use.

Kristen
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

I wish I could give a better review

Bewertet am 21.11.2022

The software has developed a lot of bugs and customer support is severely lacking. I contacted support a month ago because I get an error message EVERY time I try to process a bill payment. If I log directly into Melio I can see that sometimes it has in fact gone through. Sometimes it does not and I have to initiate the payment directly from Melio. I manually mark the bill as paid in QBO and at some point the bill payment syncs so it looks like I have overpaid every invoice I process via Melio. I then have to go through each and figure out which payment is the correct one to remove from QBO. For smaller issues, I usually figure out a workaround before I ever hear back from support.

I like that is used to sync with Quickbooks

Cost

Antwort von Melio Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Hi Kristen, we take issues with our user experience very seriously so please know our support team has escalated your concerns to our technical team and we're actively working on a resolution. Our support team can always be reached via live chat 9am- 8pm EST, Monday-Friday and please know we are here to assist you. We will be in touch soon.

Milena

Love it so far

Bewertet am 17.11.2022

Great! I am very happy with all features Melio provides and will recommend it to anyone who needs a payment processing system.

I love Melio. It is very easy to use, and really convenient. I am able to provide more services while spending less time per client. Thank you!

I had a problem with a Wire transfer once, I haven't tried it again to know if the issue was fixed. Will update when I use it again.

Warum Melio gewählt wurde

Bill.com was much more expensive and provides almost the same features.

Pricing and a client

Antwort von Melio Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Hi Milena, thanks for sharing this review with us and the community! We're glad to hear you find Melio useful and easy to use.

Vic

Melio pays

Bewertet am 17.11.2022

I rely on it to pay and get paid.

It's effortless to set up. More importantly it's easy for my clients to accept and adopt the software into their business.

Web interface a bit clunky for desktop users.

Price.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Melio

Price mostly but clients seem to like it better than bill.com.

Antwort von Melio Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Hi Vic, thanks for sharing this review with us and the community! We're glad to hear you find Melio useful and easy to use.

Marialuisa
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung

Great for Saving Money on Credit Card and ACH Charges

Bewertet am 18.11.2022

Very easy to use.

I love that there is no cost for sending my invoices and having the customer absorb the cost of credit card fees or ACH fees.

It's pretty limited and it had an issue once that I canceled a scheduled recurring payment but it continued to send payment to a vendor for months before I noticed. It did send notices via email, however so that is one me. The reason I didn't notice was because the payments were so close together, I thought the notices were the same payment. So when I got both notices, I didn't realize it was two separate payments.

Antwort von Melio Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Hi Marialuisa, we're glad to hear you find Melio useful and easy to use. Thank you for sharing this review with us and the community!

carmen
  • Branche: Restaurants
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Melio softare is just great!

Bewertet am 17.11.2022

We have to process many payments per day and with Melio I was able to upload and pay our invoices timely and quickly

This software is amazing and I like it because is user-friendly, quick and absolutely efficient.

There are no cons for me! This software is absolutely adequate for our business

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Melio

Because it was very intuitive and the client support very responsive

Antwort von Melio Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Hi Carmen, thanks for sharing this review with us and the community! We're glad to hear you find Melio useful and easy to use.

Lisa
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Best way to pay vendors- bar none

Bewertet am 17.11.2022

Easy to implement, and support is great!

The full integration with in QuickBooks online makes this an easy choice for streamlined and efficient processes.

It is difficult to know exactly when a vendor will receive a payment. Should be two days but sometimes has been five days. Especially in the beginning of using the software.

Antwort von Melio Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Hi Lisa, thanks for sharing this review with us and the community! We're glad to hear you find Melio useful and easy to use.

Paul
  • Branche: Computer-Software
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

When it works, it's great

Bewertet am 4.2.2022

Even though it is (mostly) free of charge to use, I have lost confidence that payments will be made as scheduled. The need to keep monitoring Melio and our bank accounts means that I am now investigating other options, even if I have to pay for them.

I wanted a way of paying my vendors by ACH. I wanted to be the one that solicited their bank details - not have the payment company dis-intermediate me. There were some bonus features: if a vendor doesn't want to be paid by ACH, I can still use Melio to pay them by check; They claimed to support international payments; I can set up multiple companies of mine on one account and have the staff of each company only access the relevant one. It's tough to argue with free.

There are some vendors that need paying every month, but the amount changes from month to month: Melio's recurring payments only works if the amount is constant, so you have to set up a payment from scratch each time. However the biggest issue is with payments that do not go through even after receiving notification that they are scheduled.....on several occasions, I have had to bring 'stuck' payments to Melio's attention. Operations typically blames it on Compliance and says they can't do anything.

Antwort von Melio Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Hi Paul, thanks so much for taking the time to leave this review and share your feedback. We are happy to hear that Melio's ability to send payments to vendors by both ACH and paper check has been of use to you. We appreciate the feedback regarding the ability to have recurring payments be of different amounts, and would be happy to pass that along to our product team. Regarding payments that are declined by Compliance or fail to deliver to the vendor for various reasons, Melio users are sent an email notifying them of the payment failure as well as the reasoning. In order to resolve, the user must reach out to our Support team directly. If the failure reason is due to Compliance, our Support team will provide the Compliance team's contact information or escalate the issue to them. We hope this clears things up for any future issues you may run into. Thanks again for your honest feedback!

Andrew
  • Branche: Fotografie
  • Monatlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Atrocious Customer Service

Bewertet am 26.10.2022

Very poor experience

Appears simple to use and straightforward. Easy to setup.

On the surface, it seems like a great software to easily accept payment by CC from clients however its riddled with issues and poor customer service.

Melissa
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Melio helps me get my vendors paid easily and on-time FOR FREE!

Bewertet am 31.3.2022

Melio integrates VERY WELL with QBO. I'm able to set up vendor bills/payments with a simple approval workflow quickly and easily. My vendors can choose how they are paid (paper check or direct deposit) and I can choose how to pay them (bank account or credit card). Paying with a bank account is FREE!

I'm finding that my vendor addresses don't carry over from QBO to Melio, so the first time I pay a vendor in Melio I have to type in the vendor address in Melio, even though it's already set up in QBO. It's a minor inconvenience that I'm hopeful Melio will fix. (Their customer support is great!)

Warum Melio gewählt wurde

We switched to Melio because we wanted a cost-effective way to pay vendors without printing paper checks in the office.

Quickbooks Online

Bill.com is SO EXPENSIVE
Kyle

Great system

Bewertet am 13.8.2021

It has been great, my only cons are relatively minor issues, and the system is very useful for my business.

Melio is a great payment processor, I have a much better experience with them than with their only real competition, Plastiq. While Plastiq has IRS-esque customer service, Melio really go out of their way to ensure a positive user experience. Melio is also faster at processing ACH payments, which is a huge plus.

It would be really helpful if Melio offered wire transfers, and aggregate payments (ie, charge 10k to card 1 and 10k to card 2 so as to issue a single payment of 20k). Also, sometimes compliance reviews cause payment delays. They could perhaps offer a cut off before which compliance reviews will not cause delays if the review is passed, that would make the system have more reliable timing.

Antwort von Melio Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Hi Kyle, thank you for taking the time to post this review. We are delighted to hear you find Melio useful and that our customer support team has been able to assist you.
We do have some good news on this front already:
Partial payment options that will allow you to use multiple payment methods for a single bill and create installments are currently in development, and we hope to roll them out soon. Wire transfers are also in the works, so stay tuned.

Danie
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Melio is fantastic for bill pay, OK for receivables

Bewertet am 1.4.2022

Melio is super easy to set up and use. The integration is fast and simple, and works reliably. Being able to enter bills in QBO and have them in Melio, and if appropriate set up payments too so all the client has to do is approve them has been game changing for payables management and cash flow forecasting, especially for our distributed, international clients.

Melio is missing a few features. It really needs to require a W9 for certain vendors before it allows payment. It's also frustrating that it can't take pre-payments/retainers. We have clients that really need that, and other clients whose customers payments fail too often because they misunderstood that question and answered incorrectly. Overall, the A/P side is much stronger than the A/R side.

Bill.com und Ramp

Warum Melio gewählt wurde

Faster, online, full details of what the transactions were. Approval processes that can be done between people in different geographical locations.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Melio

Faster set up, better interface/UX, very bad experience with Bill.com previously.
Ryan Rey
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Payment Solution that works

Bewertet am 20.5.2021

Melio has an excellent customer support and resolves any issues quickly.

We choose this product since it seamlessly integrates with our accounting software. It also allows us to send paper checks without the hassle of printing and mailing them.

There is nothing really to dislike about the software with how our company is using it right now. I do hope for a much better interface and a more informative dashboard in the future.

Kareo Billing

Warum Melio gewählt wurde

It is integrated with our accounting software. No need to re-enter vendor information on Melio.

Venmo

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Melio

Melio integrates with our accounting software

Antwort von Melio Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Hi Ryan, thank you for taking the time to post this review. We are delighted to hear you find Melio useful and that our customer support team has been able to assist you. We appreciate your detailed feedback and will take it into account as we continue to improve our product and service.

merroudj
  • Branche: Computer-Vernetzung
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

fast and easy payment processing

Bewertet am 26.9.2022

At this point in the Melio Payments review, I can honestly say that it's worthwhile to try, particularly given that it's free. For freelancers, accountants, and small enterprises, it's a fantastic financial solution. The latter group may automate their bills or payments and handle all of their customers from a single platform.

A very tidy, straightforward, but effective tool for paying bills and invoices, Payment processing, is quite simple compared to its rivals; it is substantially more productive. This product's flawless integration with our accounting software is why we chose it. Additionally, it eliminates the inconvenience of printing and sending paper checks. Recipient changes of the payment method selected are seamless

Improved phone customer service is something I would like to see no other recommendations now. Vendors are added with their Melio links, and those vendors currently in QuickBooks should automatically connect. Now, when you do that, a new vendor is formed and is not connected to the one that presently exists in QuickBooks. Wishlist: It would be nice if there were an option to send international wire transfers in different currencies. If it is wholly linked with Wave Invoicing, it would be fantastic and allow a free connected workflow.

Beverly
  • Branche: Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Good unless you need a critical payment to be processed immediately

Bewertet am 28.4.2022

Up until the failed same-day payments, it had been a pretty good way for us to send out payments without having to get checks signed. I am very disappointed with the same day payment issues though.

It's free and can be used by the owner from his cell phone.

We had two critical payments that had to go out same day. We paid $30 to have them expedited and they both failed. Customer service could not tell me why and the issue was never resolved.

Herbert
  • Branche: Computer-Hardware
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Painless payments for painful payees

Bewertet am 14.12.2020

Excellent

I was able to set up payments to the very few vendors that absolutely demand being paid via ACH rather than needing to consolidate my business transactions through a software suite to make it worthwhile.
It is also incredibly affordable or free for the transactions, and there has not been problems.

There was a feature that was pretty adept at picking up an invoice PDF and setting it up as a pending bill, but the accuracy has gone down. Nothing to cry about though as I have always triple checked things!

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise und Quickbooks Online

Easier and more reliable

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Melio

No need to consolidate my business into a software package that locks you into renewals. I can switch banks, accounting software, addresses etc. and Melio is just for paying bills. No need to be all things.

Antwort von Melio Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Hi Herbert, thank you for the fantastic review. We are delighted to hear Melio has been able to take some of the pain out of making business payments - it's what we're here for. We would also like to thank you for your feedback which we will pass along to the team.

Jonathan

Why use Melio with QuickBooks

Bewertet am 31.3.2022

Excelleent

The built-in integration with QBO and QuickBooks Desktop allow easy flow from invoice entry to payment. The ability to schedule to send either ACH or Check within QuickBooks is critical to our workflow. If we don't have the ACH info the ability to request it securely from the vendor is great

No batch payment, the ability to pay more than one bill with a single payment would be a great addition. Also showing how credits are applied to a bill would be extremely helpful. We send a "bill & applied payments" to our vendors so they will know. Just an extra step that we would like to eliminate

Jason
  • Branche: Medienproduktion
  • Monatlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

A Cut to the Chase Solution

Bewertet am 15.12.2020

Customer service is second to none. You really get the sense that the people speaking to you care about the product and care about how you are using it. I've had several people reach out to me just to make sure everything was okay and that we were getting the most out of the product. The interface needs a little work to make it easier to use, feels a bit clunky at times, that and the other things listed above are some issues that need to be incorporated in but other than that we love using Melio for our needs.

Melio is a great product we recently had the opportunity to discover. I was very impressed at how easy it integrated to our accounting in Quickbooks. This is the main reason I found it so vital in our operation. Before we started using Melio there never really was a great solution for paying people by different means. We had some vendors who wanted printed checks and still others who preferred an electronic payment. Melio makes it easy for your company to pay people safely and quickly.

I have to say I really like the software so far but there are a couple of items I would really like to see and these items almost stopped me from deciding to use the product. First, the paper checks really need an overhaul to look more professional and branded from a specific company. I've had freelancers who wonder if the check is legitimate because it doesn't have our logo or they can't see that it's coming from us. Paper checks definitely need some work...also, the ability to run a simple payroll out of Melio wold be helpful so that you can eliminate printing checks in your office completely. It would be nice to be able to simply pay employees through Melio as well as freelancers. I know that there are work arounds, but we need a dedicated way to pay employees added.

Antwort von Melio Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Hi Jason, thank you for posting such an amazing review. We are very happy to hear you find Melio's various payment options useful and that our service is able to save you time and hassle. Also, thank you for your valuable insights into our product - we will pass them along to the relevant teams.

Aaron
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Fantastic Product

Bewertet am 7.11.2022

My overall experience with Melio has been a positive one. We have multiple locations and the approval process on each invoice being processed has been seamless.

The ease of set up and implemenation on this software is outstanding. The immediate synch with Quickbooks has been a time saver.

This software was free when we started using and now is charging per transacation. I am not a fan as part of our attraction to this software was no fee.

Cost

Antwort von Melio Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Hi Aaron, thanks for leaving this review. We're happy to hear you are finding Melio useful and easy to use. To clarify, our new check fee covers printing, postage and handling. There is also an additional layer of security to sending checks with Melio - your bank details are never on the check, helping protect you from fraud and check forgery. Please note, our ACH bank transfer feature remains free of charge.

Andrew

Best Software For Any Business

Amazing!

It is very intuitive, and the integration with QBO makes AP and AR processes efficient and automated. All that with a low price makes this a win win for any business.

I would like to see more integration with other accounting software platforms like QB Desktop, Xero and SAP.

Antwort von Melio Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Hi Andrew, we're so happy to hear that you find Melio useful and easy to use. Thank you for sharing your review with us and the community.

Adam
  • Branche: Einzelhandel

Melio for Wine Retailers

Bewertet am 29.1.2020

See above.

-ability to use credit cards to pay distributors via ACH
-ability to earn triple points on Chase INK Preferred card since Melio is categorized as "shipping" for Chase. Don't mess around with this!
-syncing to Quickbooks invoices
-itemized credit card transactions with distributor name; easier for bookkeeper
-wonderful and responsive account rep - [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] Smart
-simple interface

THINGS TO ADD:
-importing vendor credits from Quickbooks to Melio
-ability to partially pay an invoice
-ability to sort invoices by date, vendor, due date, amount, etc.
-need to clearly display which store/account I'm logged in under; I have two stores and I have to click my name in the bottom left to see which store I'm logged in under

ISSUES/IMPROVEMENTS:
-better communication with accounts receivable departments at vendors; a lot of companies have Melio and have no idea what it is, don't trust payment, don't tell sales reps, etc.
-improve the speed of emailing of payees after payments are made; there is a lot of confusion if/when a payment is made
-Code for bonus categories for AmEx and Barclays business cards
-Create an Android app
-Find a way for credit card payments to hit vendors' accounts at open of business next-day
-offer promotions to be more competitive with Plastiq. Currently, Plastiq offers tens of thousands of dollars every month with 1% fees. They also only charge 2.5%...
-Find a way to make COD payments easier or more trusted with alcohol vendors

Sue
  • Branche: Unterhaltung
  • Täglich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

Invoice

Bewertet am 30.6.2021

Outside of the invoice problem, I can't find fault.

I like the ease of use. I also like that it offers what PayPal doesn't...I can allow my clients/customers to pay using their credit/debit card without having to create a account. Thats what I'm looking for, at an affordable price...melio got it

in order to complete a transaction the client/customer will have to add a invoice....ummmm...thats NOT going to work. I will loose money like that. Tried sending a message...NOONE is there to respond. Time to move on to a competitor

Antwort von Melio Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Hi Sue, thank you for taking the time to post this review and provide us with valuable input that will help us make Melio even better.

George
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Great Software

Bewertet am 23.12.2020

It has been great overall: saves me a lot of time, great price point, and customer service has reached out to me numerous times to tell me about new functions and to check in.

The ease of use is incredible. I simply drop one of my invoices into the software and generate a check within seconds. So much easier than writing checks by hand. Melio has saved me hours in productivity.

I would like more integration into Quickbooks. Also, sometimes when you drop a new vendor's invoice, the software doesn't read it correctly.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Melio

Price point and ease of use.

Antwort von Melio Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Hi George, thank you so much for this wonderful review and for your important feedback. We are so happy to hear Melio is making your life easier and saving you valuable working hours - it's what we're here for! We will pass your input along to the relevant teams and continue to work to make our service even better.

Dan
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management

Great product!

Bewertet am 17.11.2022

It's been excellent! It's a key part of my work with multiple clients!

It's easy to use and inexpensive. When needed, the customer service is excellent.

It would be useful to have the ability to pass on the $1.50 check fee to vendors who refuse to use an electronic payment option.

Lower price.

Antwort von Melio Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Hi Dan, thanks for sharing this review with us and the community! We're glad to hear you find Melio useful and easy to use.