• Funktionen
George A.
  • Branche: Immobilien

Great Software

Bewertet am 23.12.2020

It has been great overall: saves me a lot of time, great price point, and customer service has reached out to me numerous times to tell me about new functions and to check in.

The ease of use is incredible. I simply drop one of my invoices into the software and generate a check within seconds. So much easier than writing checks by hand. Melio has saved me hours in productivity.

I would like more integration into Quickbooks. Also, sometimes when you drop a new vendor's invoice, the software doesn't read it correctly.

Antwort von Melio Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Hi George, thank you so much for this wonderful review and for your important feedback. We are so happy to hear Melio is making your life easier and saving you valuable working hours - it's what we're here for! We will pass your input along to the relevant teams and continue to work to make our service even better.

Herbert R.
  • Branche: Computer-Hardware
  • Untern. Größe: Selbstständig
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Painless payments for painful payees

Excellent

I was able to set up payments to the very few vendors that absolutely demand being paid via ACH rather than needing to consolidate my business transactions through a software suite to make it worthwhile.
It is also incredibly affordable or free for the transactions, and there has not been problems.

There was a feature that was pretty adept at picking up an invoice PDF and setting it up as a pending bill, but the accuracy has gone down. Nothing to cry about though as I have always triple checked things!

Antwort von Melio Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Hi Herbert, thank you for the fantastic review. We are delighted to hear Melio has been able to take some of the pain out of making business payments - it's what we're here for. We would also like to thank you for your feedback which we will pass along to the team.

Catherine P.

Terrible experience, never again

Bewertet am 21.9.2020

I will never use this vendor again. I will only use my bank to process ACH payments.

It was easy to use from Quickbooks and seemed like a good solution.

After just a few weeks of using it, I am having today a horrible experience: a payment of $39,000 to my vendor was not processed. Not only was Melio unreachable by phone, they were also unresponsive by email (they never responded to my last email) and I had to deal with the issue by chat. Hours later, I still haven't had an update. My bank account was debited 5 business days ago, and Melio still has the money and can't tell me where it is. I am asking them now to send it back to me so that I can urgently wire transfer my vendor.

Antwort von Melio Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Hi Catherine. Last month one of our banking partners had a technical issue which caused a temporary delay in processing a few payments. After speaking with you, and resolving this matter, we've also made a donation to a charity of your choice.

We sincerely apologize and hope this was resolved to your satisfaction. We hope that you continue working with us and one of our account managers will be happy to follow up with you in person if you email us info@meliopayments.com

Kate B.
  • Branche: Personalbeschaffung & -besetzung
  • Untern. Größe: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Melio Feedback

Bewertet am 17.12.2020

I am happy with the product, especially since it is free for the functionality I am using it for. I would be willing to pay a small fee (at least the cost of a stamp) to have live checks be processed and mailed on the same day that the payment is processed.

I love that I can pay all invoices without printing and mailing checks. It is also great that the program completely integrates with QuickBooks so the bills show up automatically in Melio, and with a few clicks I can pay all of the bills.

It takes over a week for a live check to be delivered to a vendor, which is a long time.

Antwort von Melio Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Hi Kate, thank you for taking the time to post such an excellent review. We are glad Melio has been able to save you time and busywork. We are currently working on a fast check feature and it should be available soon, so stay tuned.

Markus M.
  • Branche: Medienproduktion

Great payment tool

Bewertet am 22.1.2020

I'm excited to use this new platform, the customer service team is fantastic, they immediately respond and they're quick in understanding your 'concern' and will address it accordingly. If it's a new feature idea, they'll let you know that it's been on their list but that other features may currently have priority, appreciate that honesty to not create false hope.

Ease of setting up all my vendors so they can be paid via ACH with a few clicks (for free)
Upload/scan of invoices
Quickbooks integration, crucial!!
Customer service

I look forward when they allow me to send out a link to new vendors so they can do their own onboarding (put in their contact & bank details) so that I don't have to chase them myself and input manually.

Ryan A.
  • Branche: Sportartikel
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Best Transfer Service Available

Bewertet am 20.12.2020

Compared to our prior way of making payments to vendors, Melio makes it extremely easier and even saves us money!

Melio in my opinion is the best transfer service available. Simple and quick to use, it offers a tremendous value. Furthermore, customer service is one of the best I've dealt with.

It would be great if there was an ability to send international wires in other currencies. For example, in Chinese Yuan.

Antwort von Melio Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Hi Ryan, thank you for taking the time to post such a great review. We are happy to hear Melio has proved easier and more cost-effective for your business than your previous payment service. We will pass your kind words along to our hard-working customer support team. About international payments, we are currently working on this feature, so stay tuned!

Brent F.
  • Branche: Computer-Software
  • Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Melio is the easiest software to use

Bewertet am 29.1.2020

I love everything about Melio form how easy it is to use and the dashboard is so simple. From switching to incoming payment to seeing who you paid in a click of a button.

It’s the best Nothing I didn’t like about it.

Jason H.
  • Branche: Medienproduktion

A Cut to the Chase Solution

Bewertet am 15.12.2020

Customer service is second to none. You really get the sense that the people speaking to you care about the product and care about how you are using it. I've had several people reach out to me just to make sure everything was okay and that we were getting the most out of the product. The interface needs a little work to make it easier to use, feels a bit clunky at times, that and the other things listed above are some issues that need to be incorporated in but other than that we love using Melio for our needs.

Melio is a great product we recently had the opportunity to discover. I was very impressed at how easy it integrated to our accounting in Quickbooks. This is the main reason I found it so vital in our operation. Before we started using Melio there never really was a great solution for paying people by different means. We had some vendors who wanted printed checks and still others who preferred an electronic payment. Melio makes it easy for your company to pay people safely and quickly.

I have to say I really like the software so far but there are a couple of items I would really like to see and these items almost stopped me from deciding to use the product. First, the paper checks really need an overhaul to look more professional and branded from a specific company. I've had freelancers who wonder if the check is legitimate because it doesn't have our logo or they can't see that it's coming from us. Paper checks definitely need some work...also, the ability to run a simple payroll out of Melio wold be helpful so that you can eliminate printing checks in your office completely. It would be nice to be able to simply pay employees through Melio as well as freelancers. I know that there are work arounds, but we need a dedicated way to pay employees added.

Antwort von Melio Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Hi Jason, thank you for posting such an amazing review. We are very happy to hear you find Melio's various payment options useful and that our service is able to save you time and hassle. Also, thank you for your valuable insights into our product - we will pass them along to the relevant teams.

Barb C.
  • Untern. Größe: Selbstständig

Good System - Needs some tweaks

Bewertet am 17.12.2020

I have onboarded 2 clients. The first one went well. The second one did not. We had to verify the bank account the deposits did not come through. I kept getting different answers from customer service. Sometimes saying they had gone out, and sometimes saying they had not gone out yet. Back and forth. I think it took about 10 days for them to finally send them out. I still don't know why.

Very inexpensive way to send ACH payments. ACH is free. Paying with a CC is not, but that's not surprising. Ability to sync bills/payments to/from Quickbooks Online.

All payments/bills have to be paid one at a time even if it's the same vendor. Need a way to pay more than one at once to be more efficient. No good reports to see what payments have been sent out.

Antwort von Melio Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Hi Barb, thank you for posting this review and providing us with valuable feedback. We will pass your input along to the relevant teams. We are sorry to hear about the issue you had but are glad it was finally resolved. Happy to hear you find Melio helpful and cost-effective.

• Branche: Telekommunikation
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Melio changed the way we pay bills and receive payments

Bewertet am 29.1.2020

- Reduce waiting times for customer payments (via check) to arrive
- Cash flow leverage - I can use a credit card to pay my bills
- Take advantage of credit card reward programs while paying bills
- No need for us to charge customers for credit card processing fees

- I can use any payment method (all major credit cards, debit cards, bank accounts) to pay my bills
- Easy ACH payment implementation for paying bills
- I can receive payments from customers quickly, relieving them of the need to mail checks and providing various options to pay me

- it seems that many features are still in development and not necessarily thought over yet
- communication about incoming payments and their status needs to be more transparent

Adam L.

Melio for Wine Retailers

See above.

-ability to use credit cards to pay distributors via ACH
-ability to earn triple points on Chase INK Preferred card since Melio is categorized as "shipping" for Chase. Don't mess around with this!
-syncing to Quickbooks invoices
-itemized credit card transactions with distributor name; easier for bookkeeper
-wonderful and responsive account rep - [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] Smart
-simple interface

THINGS TO ADD:
-importing vendor credits from Quickbooks to Melio
-ability to partially pay an invoice
-ability to sort invoices by date, vendor, due date, amount, etc.
-need to clearly display which store/account I'm logged in under; I have two stores and I have to click my name in the bottom left to see which store I'm logged in under

ISSUES/IMPROVEMENTS:
-better communication with accounts receivable departments at vendors; a lot of companies have Melio and have no idea what it is, don't trust payment, don't tell sales reps, etc.
-improve the speed of emailing of payees after payments are made; there is a lot of confusion if/when a payment is made
-Code for bonus categories for AmEx and Barclays business cards
-Create an Android app
-Find a way for credit card payments to hit vendors' accounts at open of business next-day
-offer promotions to be more competitive with Plastiq. Currently, Plastiq offers tens of thousands of dollars every month with 1% fees. They also only charge 2.5%...
-Find a way to make COD payments easier or more trusted with alcohol vendors

Zane B.
  • Branche: Sportartikel

A God Among Men

Bewertet am 29.1.2020

We use Melio to send all our ACH transfers. You can quickly upload and create bills and schedule payments for whenever they are due. when you send transfers via your business debit card, they arrive to your vendors NEXT DAY! It's super easy and actually fun to use.

They also have the ability to pay your vendors via credit card, so they charge your card and deliver the funds to your vendor's bank account for a small fee. It really helps us keep up with cash flow, plus the 2% back from the credit card makes the fee almost non existent.

And with the direct connection to Quickbooks Online, its super easy to sync all your vendors, bills and payments, making Melio a perfect bill management application. We'd recommend it to everyone.

- Free to use
- Free to send bank transfers
- Low cost to send bank transfers by charging a credit card
- Perfect bill management application
- Gorgeous and responsive UI
- Syncs directly with Quickbooks
- Quick and responsive support staff

No ability to pay international vendors via credit card transactions, but no one does that so not really a loss.

Katherine M.
  • Untern. Größe: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

High marks for ease of use and customer service

Bewertet am 10.12.2020

Overall I've been very pleased with Melio. We currently only use it to pay vendors which is all we need and for that it's perfect. The payments are fast, secure, and easy to set up. I should have signed up for this service long ago!

Pros are user friendly, customer service, speed of payment.

I don't know that I've found any cons yet. So far the program has given me exactly what I've needed it to. I guess the only thing is not being able to merge two vendors that are the same but accidentally created if both have a payment already made on them.

Antwort von Melio Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Hi Katherine, thank you so much for this great review. So happy to hear Melio has been able to simplify your bill pay process and we're super grateful to have you as a customer.

David T.
  • Branche: Essen & Trinken
  • Untern. Größe: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Fantastic, easy to use product

Bewertet am 8.12.2020

I have cut back on hand written checks by 90%, which saves me 2-3 hours and ACH transactions are more secure and immediate than mail.

I like how easy it is to use and the product feels very secure.

Copying vendors between stores under the same company would be a great feature.

I found the Quickbooks integration clunky, as every time I made a payment it made several entries, but it's fast enough to manually enter payments.

Antwort von Melio Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Hi David, thank you for posting such a great review. We are glad to hear using Melio saves your business so much time - it's what we're here for! We would also like to thank you for your valuable feedback and will pass it along to the team to see what can be improved.

Christine C.
  • Branche: Design
  • Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

A Diamond in the rough ...

Bewertet am 30.1.2020

Overall this platform has been a lifesaver. I'm glad I made the switch from Square.

I'm glad I discovered this platform. I had been paying an exuberant amount of fees to recieve payments from my customers. Thanks to Melio, I enjoy receiving electronic payments without the deduction of transaction fees.

I wish I could receive the payments faster. Sometimes it takes 4 to 5 days to show in my account. I also wish the notes field would be better. More space, better looking on the recipient side. Maybe invoicing is a feature Melio could add.

Kelly W.
  • Branche: Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Melio is the best for small buisness

Bewertet am 8.12.2020

First of all, it's free. How is that the case? I don't know. The customer service is great--quick, easy, kind.

It's simple, and does exactly and only the thing I want it to do: Pay people! I have other software the tracks everything, just no way to pay larger sums out.

nothing. literally. it's simple and works.

Antwort von Melio Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Hi Kelly, thank you so much for taking the time to post such an amazing review. We are glad to hear using Melio has helped your business become more efficient and provided you with an easy to use solution - it's what we're here for!

Jason K.
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

The easiest way to pay vendors

Absolutely love it!

Love using this to easily pay all my vendors, track payments and of course have the flexibilty to use a credit card vs bank account as a funding option.

Improved workflow to add new vendors. Time for payment by check to get delivered.

Antwort von Melio Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Hi Jason, thank you for this amazing review and for your important feedback. We are glad to hear you are finding Melio to be useful and easy and that you enjoy our features and interface. We are currently working to add fast payment options, so stay tuned.

• Monatlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Sorry we don't accept credit cards - has that bothered you before?

Bewertet am 2.2.2020

Overall it's given me the freedom, and the recipients all flexibility to make transactions fast and convenient. I also particularly like support. They are real people and treat their customers as real people. Fintech can often get caught up in the tech side, and forget that it's is still humans housing the product.

The onboarding is fast and easy. It is a direct solution and no ambiguity. The support was fantastic and has helped when needed it, and that was user error, not the platform. What I like most is that Melio gives you the flexibility that you wouldn't get in your financing and A/R flex. It's also something that has actually helped our client's more than it's helped us.

There are some limits to what you can use it for, while I understand those limits, sometimes you'll run into sites that it might not work with. Perhaps a bit more detail on the progress of transactions, and an audit trail. It's a great solution to a simple gap, doing one thing well it's hard to find faults. That said I don't use it every day.

Neil S.
  • Branche: Erneuerbare Energien & Umwelt

All startup Founders and C-level execs need to know about Melio

Bewertet am 8.1.2020

Exceptional. I have a relationship manager who always solves any issue that might come up, and I am thrilled these guys found me. Highly recommmend.

Melio made making payments to vendors, 1099s, partners, etc., A LOT easier for me. The interface is easy to understand, and it reads invoices well, so that you are just clicking buttons towards payments.

They need to make it so that you can pay expense reimbursements to W2 employees. I know they are working on that though.

• Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Great, cost-effective platform to process vendor payment

Bewertet am 14.12.2020

Perfect integration with Quickbooks. Low cost to process payment. Simple but effective UI.

Processing time could be faster. Initial delay could be shorter.

Antwort von Melio Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Hi, thank you for this great review. We are very glad to hear you are enjoying Melio's user interface and QuickBooks integration. We would also like to thank you for the important feedback. We are always looking to improve and will pass your input along to the relevant teams.

Daniel W.

Bringing US accounts payable into the 21st century

Bewertet am 8.12.2020

It's insane, but businesses still mail each other checks. It feels like time travel back into the 50s. Melio makes it possible to easily do FREE ACH payments. It's crazy, that this is something special and makes them a standout in 2020, but that's the reality here in the US. Thanks for giving us the most obvious & basic functionality!!!

No cons. It's really easy and great for us.

Antwort von Melio Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Hi Daniel, thank you so much for this wonderful review. We are glad to hear you find Melio easy and helpful for running your business!

Ileana T.

Best!! Notifies you thru email

Bewertet am 30.1.2020

Notification of payments is the best about melio thru email and thru software

MELIO helps you identify the next payments to be due in time and also notifies you by email your next due bills. That is the best since a company with many vendors like ours help us to save time in making payments because, you can put all the information you need to help yourself with the identification and payments of your vendors.

I have nothing negative to say about melio, I love it and I would like to continue using it.

Kyle B.

Good; need international payments

Bewertet am 31.1.2020

It is very convenient to use and the QB integration is a huge plus. I use this for Domestic transactions.

I really hope you make INTERNATIONAL payments possible really soon. I do business with vendors in China, Argentina, Bolivia, Philippines and I hope to use Melio's services to pay my vendors.

Pamela W.
  • Branche: Verbraucherdienste
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Best Option Out There Using Credit Card to Pay Bills

Bewertet am 14.12.2020

The ability to use cards to pay certain bills.

It is often hard to use a credit card to pay your bills. This allows you to use either a credit card, for a small fee, or a debit card for free. You really can't beat that with a stick. It's great for paying things like Building Rent that needs a check or any other bill that does not accept cards at all.

It is pretty straight forward and easy. My payments go out fast and I never have a problem

Antwort von Melio Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Hi Pamela, thank you for taking the time to leave us an amazing review. We are very happy to hear you find Melio's card payment options useful and our service to be smooth.

Craig B.

Melio for Bill-Pay is Great

Bewertet am 6.1.2021

Not too sure at first but once we got everything set up, it works great.

Everything for paying bills is taken care of by Melio. We linked Melio to QuickBooks Online and all our bills uploaded and in one place waiting for us to release for payment. Hoping to use the getting-paid ACH feature soon.

Onboarding was not as easy or clear as it could be - took some time but eventually got there

Antwort von Melio Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Hi Craig, thank you so much for taking the time to post this great review. We are glad to hear you are all set up and that Melio has been able to save you and your clients valuable time.