Rain POS Erfahrungen

Rain POS

Cloudbasiertes POS-System für Fachhändler.

Sortieren nach

Liz

easy to use

Bewertet am 28.9.2021

It was easy to start using - the help button makes it easy to looking questions up and the tech support is great.

I like how easy it is to add inventory and update the website as needed

the sizing and rotating of photos that I take

Kim
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Rain Point if Sale has taken our small business to the next level!

Bewertet am 17.12.2020

Rain Point of Sale has allowed us to expand our online sales exponentially, and allowed our inventory to be accurate and dependable. It is a huge reason why our business has flourished in the last two years!

I am super happy with how my point of sale is integrated with my online sales and inventory. The product is easy for staff to understand and navigate, and errors can be corrected when necessary. The ability to access the software remotely is a huge plus, I can keep track from anywhere, or assist staff with sales or inventory when I am not in the building. The reports are easy to access, and accurate for accounting purposes, and provide us with the tools we need for planning for the future. The customer service is amazing, and I have always been able to solve any problems I’ve had with one phone call!

We are Canadian site, and the cashing in procedure does not allow us to use our coins, and therefore we don’t use the cash in/cash out component. That is my only complaint!

Holly

Disappointed

Bewertet am 17.11.2020

It was a rough year and a half trying to operate a business with that many mistakes from their side.

I liked that the website and the inventory were combined. That people could see in real time what we had in stock and purchase online. That was nice and was one of the main features of why we went with Rain originally.

We spent a lot of time and money on Rain POS. It was the first online computer software company we ever used for point of sale. I spent an entire year in 2017 logging our entire inventory, coming up with pricing and pictures and history on every item. We went live in 2018 and by April 2019 we were done with the contract side and we closed out the point of sale side by the end of that year. Their inconsistences within the contract module were too high. And every time we called in to tech support, all they could tell us what that there was a "glitch" in the system and they couldn't fix it within a timely manner. I really felt like I was losing the trust of my customers because of Rain's mistakes.

Antwort von Rain Retail Software

Holly, thank you for taking time to share your experience with our POS software. Here at Rain, our main objective is helping small businesses like yours succeed, so the fact that you found us to be detrimental to your store is disheartening. We've been busy in the 12 months since you cancelled and have greatly improved our rent-to-own module. If you like, please contact us to see those enhancements.

Kim

User Friendly

Bewertet am 13.9.2021

Customer support. Software is easy to understand after basic lessons.

Something that seems would be an easy fix, never gets fixed. Example: Having the capability of being able to put "coming soon" or "pre-order now" on items that can go into our POS system, but because of containers stuck in the LA harbor, we just don't have items. We don't want our customers to think we can never get these items in (especially high ticket items like machines - they will go shop someplace else)

Square Point of Sale

Warum Rain POS gewählt wurde

Wanted both stores on the same system.

Zuvor genutzte Software

POSIM
Reeze
  • Branche: Kunst & Handwerk
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Like-Sew websites have helped me build my online presence and streamline my business.

Bewertet am 29.5.2018

It was easy to use

It was easy to use

It is easy to use and update, so I can create and modify my own products, and add products from the integrated industry catalogs. It provides me with useful information about my customers and sales transactions, data which really helps me keep and attract new customers. I especially like the batch product update feature so I can change a group of products at a time without having to individually update each product record. I have had good customer service, especially when there was a problem with the software. I have seen my sales grow and my professional online image enhanced. The cost is reasonable for my business so far. The video training is great and absolutely necessary to understand how to use the software efficiently. I also attended training at Fall Quilt Market which was excellent and highly informative.

I am disappointed that I am unable to integrate my email marketing with the website. In my opinion, The Marketing package is not as useful to online-only stores as it is to POS customers. The newsletter module is clunky and hard to work with. The email feature is useful, but since my email list is on a different service and not integrated, it is not as useful as it could be. It took awhile for my site to get up and running well, and to work out all the bugs. I had to be persistent in following up to get problems fixed and clear in my communication to be sure they understood what I was asking for.

James
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Really awesome features with some minor bugs

Bewertet am 29.7.2018

Tech support has helped us so many times. First, they helped us figure out some of the features that we were not completely certain how to use. Then, when we encountered bugs, another quick call to Support and they had us back up and running within no time. I just wish that the program was not dependent on the internet. We’ve had a few times where the internet went out and we were not able to conduct business. This is not good, but it hasn’t happened too often, just enough to be mildly irritating.

This program is so easy to use, even for those who are not technologically literate. While we do not use all of the features, such as the rental option, we are really happy with the program. The fact that everything is stored in the cloud helps us when we are not in the store, such as with trunk shows. The tech support has been so helpful when we experienced bugs in the software, and they were very knowledgeable of the product. I have also found the SEO option of Rain, and we intend to utilize it to its fullest extent to promote our business and get our name out there.

There have been a few bugs in the software, but nothing that a quick call to support couldn’t fix. One thing that I did not like was when the internet went out. The fact that everything was based on the internet meant that we couldn’t use the cash register. This led to a loss of sales. Nothing too major, but it’s still significant. There should be a backup or a way to use the register when there is no internet connection. More traditional POS systems allow for use without internet, but for inventory reasons, something like Rain is required. Hopefully, they’ll release a version that stores a temporary backup on your system that updates the inventory once the internet is back up and running.

Lisa
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

LikeSew works for my retail quilt shop

Bewertet am 8.12.2020

The main reason I implemented the POS option was to help me with inventory control. Prior to using POS I didn't know how much inventory was in stock and therefore I was receiving orders for inventory that I didn't have.

I think the customer service is very good. Recently I wanted my homepage to be updated and revamped. They worked very quickly and efficiently with me to get give it a new look and within a few days I had a website looks very modern and professional. Also, I really like the marketing package. I used the POS for several years before adding the marketing feature. I like the automatic emails that it sends to my customers every week. Also, My website is easier to use from a cell phone now. It's worth paying the extra money for each month.

I do not like the way the inventory receiving works. It is supposed to be integrated with some of my vendors but doesn't seem to be complete or accurate. Also, I really wish that the email marketing was easier to use and more robust.

Ande

Our thoughts

Bewertet am 22.1.2020

All sales were handwritten, on invoices and then transcribed to a database/ excel sheet for closing out a month; this has made this so streamlined.

The program is quite intuitive thus making it relatively easy to use. I like the fact that it is cloud based so we can add another register as needed during very busy times. Also the integration between the website and the POS is great for product inventory. General ease of taking physical inventory.

There are a number of small glitches - ways to accomplish tasks that are not thought all the way through. I get a listing of UPCs from a vendor with my new order of earrings, many are duplicates that we have had. We upload the entire list, the system is not able to recognize duplicates and combine them just keeps adding the new number making physical inventory a nightmare. Customer name search is an "includes" function instead of a "starts with" so an Andy pulls up Sandy, Candy & every Anderson, i no particular order.

Tim
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

It works, but is not optimal for a Pet food store

Bewertet am 1.5.2021

No business problems are being solved. it is creating more than it is solving

No business problems are being solved. it is creating more than it is solving

ease of access. I like being able to use the software anywhere.

the reporting features are not very helpful. also the bugs and anomalies that we experience on a weekly basis are annoying.

Lightspeed Retail

Warum Rain POS gewählt wurde

desire to move to a cloud based platform.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Rain POS

price
Tawni

Rain Retail (Like Sew)

Bewertet am 28.11.2022

I found Rain to be overall a good package for a small retail operation. You don't have to have extensive computer experience, but with all software, the quality of its performance is proportional to the quality of the data (i.e. product information) you put in.

You are not required to purchase proprietary equipment to use this software. You can use all features anywhere you have an internet connection. You are not limited to the number of registers you can use. It manages our retail sales, website sales, and class enrollments. Inventory for retail and web is integrated.

They are in Utah, so sometimes they are not available for support when my shop is open. Reporting could be better, more flexible. Getting changes or additional features is a slow process.

Korissa

Still waiting

Bewertet am 8.2.2022

Would never do business with them again.

Would never do business with them again.

I liked the ability to merge data with Moda supplier.

Website was ordered in October, was partially finished at my pressing except one page and was delivered end of November. Multiple ignored requests. Multiple missed meetings with no explanation. Still have not completed the last page and I have had to still pay a monthly payment since October.

Marie
  • Branche: Kunst & Handwerk

Great product

Bewertet am 10.2.2022

Inventory management

Inventory management

Built in videos and the ability to view both of my stores inventory

I’d love if it worked with Comment Sold and Ship Station

Shopify

They closed

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Rain POS

Web based
Sissy
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Disappointing compared to the hype of what you are getting.

Bewertet am 18.7.2019

We have a hard time getting on the same page. The communication is mostly by email and the timing is hard because we are so far apart. The support people are very kind and try to get things done but the day to day trying to muddle through this change was not worth it, if I could get my money back I would. I am currently paying Lightspeed just not to loose my past sales and lay-a-ways until someone can merge them, this is costly for a small business. I also wish they would talk to whoever answers the phone as I can't just sit on top of the phone all day waiting for a call, this could have been fixed if they would have just talked to the person answering the phone. There are only three people who work here and all three of us are capable of following direction.

So far the only Pro is that you can pull a some information from Vendors. Being able to have inventory taken out with sales from Reverb is really nice, it was the catch hook that brought me to RAIN.

The merge is really rough, I did not get all of my customers merged from my previous POS system, my lay-a-ways were lost or messed up, past sales are lost, pictures had to be taken again. All the upc numbers were mismatched with other products. When you try to put pictures of your product for the website, you never know what picture it may choose no matter how many times you choose the correct one. I have had a bass I have tried many times to add a picture and it refused to add it and puts up a picture of a gig bag. I was told if I used Chrome many of the issues would subside, sadly this is not true. If you are starting out fresh, this may be an okay system to use, if you are migrating from another system, I would NOT recommend using RAIN. I really had high hopes but this has been a disaster. Even the work orders, which I thought would be easier, are a huge pain.

Daniel
  • Branche: Musik
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great at some things, not great at other things

Bewertet am 9.12.2020

Generally okay. first line support staff is very helpful and relatively easy to reach. Sales staff makes lots of lofty promises that are slow to be fulfilled. Developers are jerks.

integrated POS and e-commerce website. web based makes it functional on any computer type. RTO module is nice.

Special Orders/Purchase Orders/Receiving Orders is grossly deficient. Reporting is not great. Prominent bugs in website text in regard to special characters. Lacks flexibility in some of the website design options. No rotation option for product photos. Label printing is terrible. No dimension option for shipping calculations.

Michael
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Does what I need and more.

Bewertet am 23.9.2020

Our experience has been excellent. We were up and running the day we opened the doors. This is our first and only experience with POS but I cannot imagine needing anything more. The cloud based system lets me access information from anywhere I have WiFi access. No fear of losing our system due to damage or theft of equipment. Overall I find it very affordable and could not imagine being without Rain POS now.

The support we received from the rain team in getting started with a POS system. None of my team had any experience with POS and they made the transition easy. We still don’t use all the features available but are adding them to our system gradually. The customer support system is fantastic. The reports available on the system save hundreds of man hours and help us see how our business is doing. The inventory system is a huge help.

Integration with some Consumer Finance companies would be valuable to retail users. A “Dummy” website that could be used for training new employees would be a big help.

Antwort von Rain Retail Software

Michael,
Thank you for your feedback, this is very helpful for us. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know where we can improve so that we can continue to look into additional options.

Valerie

Great Software and Support

Bewertet am 9.2.2022

Ecommerce is great! Great Support!

Ecommerce is great! Great Support!

The Software is so easy to use and if you need help the support team is always willing to help.

I would like the software to integrate with Facebook and Instagram.

Allen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

A small business solution that is a head of the curve

Bewertet am 15.2.2017

We searched for over 3 years for an new point of sale that would fit our needs and allow us to expand in the future. It was important to have a seamless integration of our brick and mortar location and our online store. Rain really shines above all the other options with more functionality at an affordable price. This has allowed us to grow our online presence tremendously to help keep up with the ever growing online sales market. The continued software updates and helpful customer support makes for a personal and dedicated feel to helping our business thrive. We have recommend it to several other businesses and they have been thrilled as well. Thanks Rain!

Online and Brick and Mortar integration, extensive customer tracking, easy to customize website, efficient product ordering/receiving system

Updates can be slow to release, lacks a little in the reporting functionality

Henry
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Ok at first, but got worse

Bewertet am 16.6.2021

We need the ability to sale fractional quantities of products and Rain allowed that. We liked having multiple users logged in at once. We only have one register, but someone could be logged in making quotes or receiving inventory.

The sending email address for receipts/invoices could not be changed and either went to spam or never arrived at all. They only integrate with one credit card merchant. Sales and profit reports are not calculated correctly. You can run those reports in two areas and the numbers don't match. You can't edit an invoice once it is saved. You can't setup custom payment methods. The cash till is always messing up. You can't setup customer groups for reporting or special pricing. You can't export all of your sales info and notes, so if you decide to move to another POS, you won't be able to have all of your past sales information.

Sondra

We love RAIN POS

Bewertet am 21.7.2021

I highly recommend RAIN. Having our inventory on our website has been so helpful and using RAIN has been very easy for my team to learn.

I love that Rain POS integrates with a website! I also love that RAIN continues to listen to suggestions and strives to add new features.

There are some reports that would be helpful.

Sherry

Calico Cupboard

Bewertet am 16.12.2020

I was using another online web service when I heard about Rain (Like Sew). I like what they were offering and the price was great compared to what I was paying. We signed up in 2013/14 and have not regretted it for a minute. I love being able to see what inventory we have, what our customers are buying, being to look back and tell a customer what a fabric was that they purchased.

There are always features and issues that could be improved upon but right now I'm happy with what we have.

Karen

Top notch POS

Bewertet am 6.2.2020

Great experience... still fixing a few glitches and learning is on going. We are not big IT people, but the ease of this software and the team behind us works great!

Alot. The automated email blasts, the conference on hand, one on one meeting. I like the ease of running this software and the service and people behind the scenes. I like the look and help we receive on our website. When we have a glitch or problem, customer support is inside our website making the corrections. Great team to work with! Especially, Ty... stays on top of any ossues that come up.

Our training was not easy and our contact person was not really knowledgeable on many facets of the software or how it would work. Big learning curve for us.

Kathi

Great POS platform - even for beginners! Not intimidating.

Bewertet am 17.6.2018

Inventory reporting, mainly. I just began using the Marketing module and so far, it seems like it will be a real winner and time saver for me!

I like the data capture feature and the real time aspect of the online merging with the B&M shop. Knowing that what my customer is seeing online is what is actually available is fabulous.

The sad lack of report query options, particularly in regards to my inventory. I can put notes in if I make an adjustment but can't ever see those notes again. That's a feature I've been asking for for years.

Peter

Seamless Migration from Older POS System

Bewertet am 21.5.2018

We went with RAIN for a number of reasons. Integration with our website, and in turn, Reverb.com was very important to us. We also liked RAIN's ability to migrate from our antiquated POS so that we had a relatively easy transition. Lastly, being a cloud based system allows our entire staff to work on the system from anywhere.

At first (about 12 months ago) RAIN was a bit clunky. Navigating was slow, they didn't allow enough pictures for our website, and the search function was not always effective. Also the Reverb integration had growing pains. The thing about RAIN is that they are constantly improving and correcting issues based on their customer's (ours) feedback. At this point the Reverb integration and search functions work perfectly and they now allow unlimited pics on each listing.

Barbara

Rain software

Bewertet am 7.2.2020

Now I don't have to physically go and check on inventory, the report tells me what needs to be ordered.

I love the ease of using it, the reports help out so much. Looking up customers history is a breeze.

I had trouble with my labels in the printing mode. I use a different size of label than they have on file. Not able to pick my own expatriation date on coupons or add new coupons.

Rosanne
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

We are very pleased with the software and support!

Bewertet am 2.7.2021

Good!

Good!

Easy to learn, install, and use. Reports are easy to understand. Customer support when you call in is EXCELLENT

There are some things inherent in our business that it does not accommodate AND they have not updated. We've asked for some additional options and they've not happened.