MindMeister Erfahrungen

• Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

An invaluable tool

Bewertet am 9.4.2021

Great interface, easy to use, instant synchronization.

I use it as todo/note organizer, grouping them by subject and specific to my usage I would have liked to have metadata that can be attached to items (date, priority, ...) and then having the possibility of sorting items on the same level by that metadata.

Dimitri
  • Branche: Computer-Software
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Turn ideas into action! Connect mind maps with task management

Bewertet am 21.9.2019

It leaves only one question open: How can anybody work efficiently without these two fantastic applications??

Think about it: For the first time ever, Mindmapping and Task Management are perfectly connected with each other! And both applications are uniting simplicity and efficiency in such a great way that you really want to work with them every day. No matter, whether you do brainstorming in a meeting, or need to sort your thoughts for to launch a new product, starting a new marketing campaign, ordering your competitive data or just simply make notes about a class you are intending, there is only one perfect tool you can easily use for everything: MindMeister.
MindMeister is not only a stoning beautiful and absolutely intuitive application, but it super effective and supporting your efficienc by directly creating tasks and assigning them to individual persons.
In case somebody missed the meeting, or you need to replay how the mindmap got built, simply click on the replay button and it gets constructed again right in front of your eyes.
Generate impressive powerpoint presentations with a click of a mouse button or manually in just seconds.
Collaborate interactive online on the same maps in real-time. Build knowledge bases by connecting mindmaps with each other.
You will never forget anything anymore because you will find any information easily again in one of your mindmaps.
On top of everyhting, MindMeister has a number of templates integrated for the majority of your needs, like SWOT analysis, decision matrix, homework planning, exam preparation, lesson and many more.

Nothing. MindMeister in combination with MeisterTask is the only right tools you will ever need for an efficient task and project management.

Imran
  • Branche: Computer-Software
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Used to be a great product. Now appalling

Bewertet am 2.11.2023

Dissapointed with a degraded product and lack of product management consideration to the customer base.

It USED to be a a great mindmapping. Fast, intuitive with all the essential featutes needed for mindmapping and brainstorming

Where to start? A year or so ago, Mindmeister upgraded their UI to a superficially 'modern' look but with inferior functionality and UX in every way. Cluttered, inconsistent, more friction in terms of usage. Unbelievable how a superb product has been ruined in such a thoughtless manner. After 10 years+ of usage I am looking at other options and using stuff like Notion where previously it would have been MM.

Colin
Colin
  • Branche: Computer-Vernetzung

MindMeister - Easy to use, powerful and flexible Mind Mapping software

Bewertet am 15.1.2019

If you use Mind Mapping (and you should), Mindmeister is a great tool. Users are productive from day one; additional features to embellish maps can be used after the mapping exercise to create a passable presentation. As it is a SaaS product, easy to have several people contributing to a map. Highly recommended.

Very easy to use - the tool doesn't get in the way of the process; critical for mind mapping
Reorganise and rearrange maps easily - even create submaps with links back to parent
Good integrations - e.g. Microsoft Teams
Can publish maps to public library, embed on website or share as editable or view only

Few complaints; resizing images could be easier (tough to grab the corner!); the interface could be prettier, but I'd sooner have functionality than pretty.
Printing large maps on a single sheet or PDF is trickier than it needs to be.
Sharing process could be simpler.

• Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Monatlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Fast brainstorming and collaboration

Bewertet am 29.11.2022

I used MindMeister in several brainstorming sessions, during Agile software development projects. The best thing about it was how it enabled the team to collaborate real time in the creation of the project mind map. The web interface is clean and usable, and you can also do everything by using only the keyboard through shortcuts to add/edit/remove mind map nodes.

Unfortunately there are limitations in the basic plan, so if you need to have more than a few mind maps active you need to upgrade to a paid plan. Also, not all export options are available. Finally, I'd reccomend a fast internet connection if you plan to collaborate with your team, since real time collaboration is more resource-consuming.

Miro , FreeMind und Visio

Zuvor genutzte Software

Miro , FreeMind und Visio
  • Branche: Unterhaltung
  • Täglich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

Retrospective project look back

Bewertet am 19.2.2024

We use mindmeister to do collaborative project look-backs. The huge benefit it is already has all the tabs for different options (eg "what could we improve" and "what could we learn") so that we're collecting both positive and negative feedback. This is especially useful because the biggest difficulty with project overviews is when they are either entirely negative or entirely positive.

I would like to have the opportunity to export to a database, which I understand is technically possible with a paid account, but it seemed like a lot of clicks to get there.

Antwort von Meister

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We truly appreciate your input on how we can improve our service. Your feedback has been forwarded to the appropriate team internally for further review.

If you have any more suggestions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us under support@mindmeister.com. We're here to help!

Andy
Andy
  • Branche: Religiöse Einrichtungen
  • Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Mynd Meister

Bewertet am 18.3.2021

Enjoying using this mind mapping tool

Enjoying using this mind mapping tool

Intuitive mind mapping tool that for the most part is free to use. Obviously if you need / want all the 'hokey kokey' features you have to upgrade, but i have found that, at the moment, the free version is suffice for my needs.

All the printing downloading can't really be done with out upgrading

MindManager

Gründe für den Wechsel zu MindMeister

free
Edgar
Edgar
  • Branche: Museen & Institutionen
  • Wöchentlich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

A professional mind mapping option cheap and online

Bewertet am 25.1.2021

I actually did like it. After login a quick tutorial gets you mind mapping after a few clicks and other five tutorials get you using the whole interface on the fly.

Mindmeister has been around for quite a while, and as well as other mind mapping software its main goal has been making things simpler and simpler.
Professionals from any field have two things in mind: shortage of time and exporting options.
Mindmeister's evolution has gone online with in browser mind mapping app and also computer installed versions as well as mobile apps. It's new price packages are quite reasonable but you can start making up to three mind maps for free on its basic free version.

Exporting options are only available through paid accouts, have that in mind in case you are considering testing it out first.

Jennifer
Jennifer
  • Branche: Verbraucherdienste
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

great tool

Bewertet am 16.11.2018

It easily helps me to lay out what needs to happen next in my phases of growth. Goal setting and steps on how to achieve my hopes in a clear visual way.

The use of getting all of your thoughts out on the map and then organizing it all into a well-thought-out plan of action.

Every mind map I've ever used has its own quirks and it takes a little time to figure out how to use the information and the tools.

Sergio
Sergio
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung

Awesome Mind-Mapping Software!

Bewertet am 24.3.2022

Have a great idea that you want to launch or turn into a start-up in your mind? Mind Meister is the productivity tool you mind to translate the mapping into your mind to a practical scheme you can share with your colleagues and teammates.

The free plan offers very limited functionalities and features.

Benjamin
  • Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Convenient

Bewertet am 29.5.2021

Overall, I like MindMeister as a quick way to connect ideas as well as organize concepts and tasks.

I like that the software can save and export maps to Google Drive. I also like that it's flexible in content.

I dislike the limited number of maps available in the free account.

Hi Benjamin,

Thank you for your review!

We're happy to hear you like the way you can export maps to Google Drive. The number of available maps in a free account can be increased if you invite friends, to learn more about this please see:

Kind regards,
Your MeisterTeam

Alberto Nahum
  • Unternehmensgröße: 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Monatlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Not the best product for a casual mapping guy like me

Bewertet am 31.10.2019

I was trying to solve the first stage of a research project. How to picture the whole process: reading, drafting, and proofreading an academic article. I use maps especially for the drafting part: I sketch the whole article and I include in the map some direct quotes I have to include, which arguments I have to make in every part and so on.

-The best thing was the option of testing the product for free, with up to three maps.
-It is also objectively a strength of the app how customizable every map can be. But, as I explain later, that is a little overwhelming for casual, simplistic users like me.

The interface is not as smooth and friendly as other mapping apps I have used. There are a lot of options to insert colors, symbols, and images. But, for me, it was distracting and it required a little bit too much of a learning curve. That is why I finally discarded it, after a few tries.

Rahul
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

The most useful tool for all my strategies & planning

Bewertet am 30.3.2021

Often when we are working on some projects, business ideas or anything that requires planning, we always look out for some tool to organize and arrange our raw ideas. There are many tools available but the mindmaps by MindMeister seems to be the perfect fit. The concept of mindmaps with connections make the task easy and effective. It saves me a lot of time.

A few of my colleagues use mind node on mac and they say that the UI is better with a little more features. So, I expect MindMeister to include a little more features like connection customization and a little improvement in UI just like in MilaNote.

Ellen

Great Educational Tool

Bewertet am 3.2.2020

I often colloborate with university colleagues to write grants. We have used the program to model teaching and learning frameworks and to delegate project tasks. It is easy to use and the export features allow us to incorporate graphics into proposals.

What I love most about Mindmeister is the ability to collaborate with others on maps. I use it with colleagues to model, plan, and brainstorm. I also use it with my college students, who are pre-service teachers. When I assign a collaborative brainstorming activity, I can view the timeline to see when students contributed to the map. (This feature also allows you to revert to an earlier version of the map.) There are a multitude of educational uses of Mindmeister -- lesson planning, summarizing ideas, examining cause and effect, analyzing literature, detailing the steps in a process, and vocabulary study -- to name a few! Mindmeister has become an essential tool for teaching and learning.

My students sometimes have problems retireving maps - especially if they have started a map and only worked on it for a few minutes.

Matthias
Matthias

Beautiful but severe issues

Bewertet am 5.7.2019

I had to leave this software behind with my whole company after putting many hours in implementation because of 2 major bugs that were not even recognized or understood by the support team. One was a severe issue with privacy changes which is a disaster for sensitive content, the other a problem with their handling of free accounts when people just want to browse your public mindmaps. Very sad, since it is otherwise beautiful and has promising features - but for pro users who need stuff to really work it can be a huge waste of time. Disappointing the total lack of comprehension by the support staff.

Beautiful Design
amazing search
linking to points in different maps possible (the only one I know who can do that)

Huge banner to sign up on (paid) public maps that occupies too much space
Sorting and organizing maps quite confusing
severe issue with privacy changes which is a disaster for sensitive content
handling of free accounts when people just want to browse your public mindmaps
impossible to set privacy for several maps (or a folder) at once

Rob
  • Branche: Chemikalien

Great for small business

Bewertet am 3.12.2019

I use this to be able to create very nonlinear "big picture" summaries, and then I create other functional maps and tasks when its time to drill down into the details. I like how its very nonlinear and very fluid. Its easy to move things around and edit them. I first used MindMeister back in 2007. Its still a great product.

I like mind mapping and I like the design, form and feel to MindMeister. Its great that it now has task list functionality as well. Its fast and easy.

It could use a Gantt chart, as that's the only thing other people in my company need/want.

Brennan
  • Branche: Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

Helped me sort my brain's information overflow.

Bewertet am 3.9.2021

Imagine you think like a computer, so organizing tasking into the base components and carrying them out is a great way to work, but what happens when your brain doesn't have multithreading capabilities and limited RAM? You start to lose things. Tasks, ideas, goals can get lost in the shuffle. With a well put together mind map you can keep running your brain the way it works while keeping organized track of all of your different projects on your mind map! It's truly fantastic. I recently used the service to map what I do in my current role at my job and it allowed me to feel confident in all of the places I have knowledge that I would have otherwise not remembered on the spot while writing my resume, cover letters, or even talking about myself. A wonderful way to keep your thoughts in order, and if you keep your maps to a specific goal, you can keep unwanted information from filling up your limited thought space!

The ability to really pour out the tiniest detail of your brain / task into a coherent way.

If you get expansive with your ideas, it can be hard to see with the limited font sizes and whatnot, but with a simple click and scroll wheel you can fix that problem...

Antwort von Meister

Dear Brennan, thank you so much for reaching out and taking the time to write such an extensive review! We're thrilled to hear that MindMeister has been such a useful tool for bringing organization to your thoughts!

I feel the same way... visualizing my responsibilities via interconnected nodes is a great way to make my work and personal life manageable.

We'd love to hear more from you and learn how you use MindMeister... Feel free to reach out to us on Twitter at @MindMeister. And be sure to check out the Meister Academy at training.mindmeister.com.

Thanks again!
-Andrew

Maggie
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Finally: A digital, visual, FUN way to effectively organize and boost productivity

Bewertet am 21.2.2020

I'm a visual learner with lots of ideas, to-dos, distractions, and good intentions. On my own, I've tried writing lists, making my own digital map, using phone productivity apps, using tons of post-it notes, etc. to organize my jobs, projects, and seemingly endless daily tasks. I slowly admitted my own frustrations with not being able to effectively organize what I needed to do. Using MindMeister is the first time I actually see all of what I need to do in front of me, and it's color coded, neat, effective, and it oddly inspires me to work more. I'm a big fan of the templates and customization options. I use the Eisenhower Matrix template and I'm pleasantly surprised that it's actually improving my time management issues.

Free "Basic" plan is great for what I need now; Educator discount is available for if/when I choose to upgrade; free themes with many options for customization (I love color-coding); ability to merge MindMeister with MeisterTasks; Templates with tips on how to use them; Image generator based on Map title; Very user-friendly

The "Use" and "Preview" Template buttons are a little too close together. More than 3 font sizes would be nice.

Janet

Helps me be creative

Bewertet am 14.1.2020

I design my own courses, and I use Mindmeister to help me outline and think through my course organization. At first I was not sure that it was worth the money. Because it was almost time for renewal, I decided to begin a new project and outline it by hand.

WIthin a day I realized that Mindmeister was definitely something that helped a lot. Not only can I move ideas around very easily, but I can also see my projects differently simply due to the ability to color similar ideas with the same color, and connect them to each other. Being able to move a chain of ideas without having to erase and start over was huge too. I realized that Mindmeister had been making a huge difference.

I like the visual aspect of creating an organized plan.

I would liked to have an actual list of different short tutorials.

Chris
  • Branche: Programmentwicklung
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

New User Interface Impossible

Bewertet am 21.10.2023

Mind-mapping function not bad but forces order, length and position of topics such that producing a balanced map is extremely difficult.

The new User Interface / Menus have made it impossible to even find your mind-maps;Account details and subscriptions no longer reflect reality such that every time I try to navigate, I'm offered an upgrade to something I'm already paying;Help and Contact Us menus just take you round in circles; a truly appalling experience that wastes my very valuable time; I've now had to cancel my account - laughably I'm warned at least 3 times that all of my mind-maps / data will be irretrievably lost - strangely enough I have cancelled the account specifically because of this - it's already lost or 'hidden' in a nonsensical UI. I suspect I will however continue getting charged for the service...

Sven
  • Branche: Übersetzung und Lokalisierung
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Easiest Mindmap-Tool I've come across

Bewertet am 25.8.2019

There might be features I'm not aware of it that I am not using. That just doesn't matter to me because I wanted an intuitive, easy to use Mindmap-Tool and that is exactly what Mindmeister delivers. If you need a mindmap to organize a new project, this might just be for you.

Cross-platform functionality. I like it on Windows but was surprised to realize that it's even more intuitive on Android.
The referral program for free users is standard to great. But the affiliate program for Business users is one of the best and fairest programs I've come across to date.

I think 3 free mindmaps is cutting it a little close. 5 would probably get more people to give it a try.

• Branche: Verlagswesen
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Here comes the meister

Bewertet am 29.5.2022

I've tried several mind mapping software over the years, but none ever come close to the ease of use and advanced features packed into mind meister

Nothing, the free plan is a good place to start, while pricing for more advanced users, professionals and business is more than fair

Antwort von Meister

Wow, thanks so much for your review! :D We couldn't be happier to hear that you've had such a great experience using MindMeister. We'd love to stay in touch - please don't hesitate to reach out to us on Twitter at @mindmeister with any other comments, feedback or suggestions.

Thanks again, and happy mapping! :D

• Branche: Onlinemedien
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Outstanding product but bad support

Bewertet am 26.2.2021

Great to quickly get an overview of complex projects. This tool is the best out there.

Support is a big problem. I had to fix a subscription issue but I am waiting for a response now for more than 6 days. I would really opt for a chat button like all major companies have. IF this is not fixed soon I will start using an alternative. Support is important to me.

MindManager und Miro
Julie
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter
  • Weitere für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Career user

Bewertet am 6.3.2020

I have been in my field for over 22+ years and used this tool for various uses throughout. I appreciate the ease of use of the interface and the continual improvements that I've seen over the years.

It's not a con as much as an additional feature request. I would love to be able to create a master mind map out of a group of my maps so that I can see the larger ecosystem within your tool. I currently just export all my maps and use another program to visualize my world.

Sally
  • Branche: Schreiben & Editieren

Map your Mind with MindMeister the BEST mapping interface on the web

Bewertet am 28.8.2022

I've used this software for everything from planning camping trips, foreign travel, writing projects and business management. It works for just about everything!!!

I like the cost (I stay basice) and the interface is intuitive. I like being able to drag items to different parts of the map and to interconnect maps!!!

The free version limits the maps I can make, but paying will solve this.