Google Meet Erfahrungen

Sortieren nach

Lars
  • Branche: Medienproduktion
  • Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Funktionert zuverlässg, bietet aber wenige Funktionen

Bewertet am 20.4.2021

Insgesamt eine solide Video-Conferencing-Lösung, die leider immer noch deutlich weniger Funktionen hat, als andere Anbieter. Allerdings ist Google dran und es kommen neue Features dazu.

Die sehr einfache Benutzung, die Einwahlmöglichkeit via Browser, App oder Telefon und der Chat sowie Module zum Abstimmen machen Google Meet zu einer soliden Software für Videokonferenzen.

Leider fehlen einige Funktionen, wie etwa Breakout-Rooms, die, je nach Anwendungsfall, wichtig sein können. Auch bei sehr vielen Teilnehmern/ Zuschauern würde ich eine andere Software empfehlen.

Caroline
Caroline
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement

Excellent for Collaborative Work

Bewertet am 8.7.2020

Google Meet provided an excellent experience for me, as a teacher, to be able to communicate with my students while we were all at home. It is quick and easy to set up, and no software needs to be downloaded.

As a teacher, I used Google Meet during our distance learning. It was easy for my 5th grade students to understand, and they were able to use it without any problems. I also enjoyed that I could link it with my Google Calendar and my students would receive the invite that I shared. I absolutely loved that there was no time limit on it, unlike other online video meeting software.

Video was clear, and I was able to mute students who had distracting background sounds. Both students and I were able to share our screens with the group when we needed to explain something that was on our computers.

I would have loved it if there was a waiting room for the students, so that I could admit them when I was ready. I would also like if there was a background feature so that both I, and my students, could have a background that was less distracting than our rooms.

Lum
Lum
  • Branche: Schreiben & Editieren

A Review From A Google Meet User

Bewertet am 20.6.2023

Overall, Google Meet does deliver high-quality videos and audio, giving a straightforwards user-friendly platform for everyone to use.Whether you are an individual or a business, its interface and many features make it easy to navigate. Hosting Virtual Gatherings have never been easier.

The first thing I like about Google Meet is its high quality video and audio quality. No matter where i find myself, it has never failed me when talking to my family, friends or clients. For a writer like myself who works remotely, its important to have a reassuring and reliable app that meets not just my needs, but that of my customer's too.To me, another reassuring feature is the ability to Live stream and send it to YouTube via Google Meet. In this day and age, it would be a lie to say I haven't thought of starting a YouTube channel. With Google meet, its made simpler. I also appreciate the Screen Sharing and Meeting Recording features. For meetings and guidance training, it always proves effective as it allows me follow the speakers words and deeds efficiently during and even after a meeting has ended. On my own, i can watch the recording and follow along.Lastly, it allows me integrate with other apps like Google Calendar and Google Drive, aiding me in scheduling my appointments taking into consideration whatever was spoken in the meetings or conferences. With the Drive, everyone can access shared files easily.

The most striking con will have to be the fact that whenever i invite people to join, when they finally get on the app and lgn, they still have to ask again before eventually joining. It would be great if they just entered the meeting with any additional hassles.

Altaf
  • Branche: Design

Best Free Meeting Platform

Bewertet am 2.5.2024

I have been using Google Meet for more than 3 years and I like Google Meet because it is very easy to use. The best part is you don't even need to install it on your computer. It can work in any browser. Additionally, you can open multiple Google Meet's at the same time.

The only thing I don't like about Google Meet is the mirroring which happens while sharing the screen. It's kind of annoying.

Zach
  • Branche: Unterhaltung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Google needs to make a decision

Bewertet am 27.3.2019

I initially installed Hangouts because it was the only way I could receive text messages inside of my office, which has terrible reception due to all of the sound insulation (we do voice recordings in-house.) It was a SAVIOR when it first came out because Google was one of the only companies supporting Wifi calling and texting. I also liked that I was able to have Hangouts to route multiple numbers (I'm in NYC and LA.) When it first came out, Hangouts was completely innovative.

Google has too many departments designing conflicting products instead of putting all hands on deck to work on one piece of software. Google Chat? Wave? Plus? Hangouts? It's insane. I pay for GoogleFi now with the express interest of using hangouts, so I can get texts on my computer. But when I try to load it on my Google Pixel, it's slow - like, "1997 loading a JPG-level" slow. I don't trust that many of my texts are going through and that I am receiving them. Sometimes a message that a friend sent a day before comes to me in the middle of the night. It feels like Google is phasing this out, but it is unclear what the replacement will be. I am so horrified that I might honestly just switch plans. Now that young people use texting as their exclusive method of communication, I have found that this is hurting my social and business-life. It's pretty pathetic that Facebook Messanger - a free service - is more reliable than Hangouts, a product that I now technically pay for as a GoogleFi subscriber. I am losing faith in the Google Brand because of this product. And because many users do not pay for Fi, they provide almost no customer service for Hangouts, because they are overwhelmed with complaints from their free users.

Sirshendu
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

One of the best Conference and meeting app

Bewertet am 2.3.2024

Google meet nice app because of its feature richness such as raising hand ,screen pinning ,chat during conference and the ease of use make me to use Google Meet.

Already Google Meet is good app but sometimes lags to handle multiple participants during meeting and sometimes I failed to join by link provided this problem I faced while using Google Meet

Zsolt
  • Branche: Gastgewerbe
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Great tool for short online meetings

Bewertet am 14.4.2024

I really like how simple it is to use and it can be integrated with other google products (ie. Calendar). Good quality.

The free version limits your online meeting time and cuts off.

Claire
  • Branche: Eventservice

Great freemium features

Bewertet am 27.4.2024

I like how it has 1hr on the freemium model, zooms is 40min

more difficult to share screens and slides. camera quality is also less smooth

Andrew
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Fast and easy to use

Bewertet am 11.4.2024

Fast, easy to use, straightforward. The fact that it runs entirely in a browser is a win since meeting participants don't have to download anything.

The integration with Google calendar is a huge win for this. being able to generate the meeting link at the same time as you send the invite is very convenient compared to other solutions.

The video and audio quality generally works very well in any area we've tried it even with partners in LMICs.

Being entirely cloud based, sometimes I miss the ability to locally record or control things without needing to go into my browser.

Zarmin

Themis
Themis
  • Branche: Möbel
  • Monatlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Google meet has helped with our company's communication

Bewertet am 4.5.2024

It is very ease to use and has helped us a lot with our communication with cooperators ouutside the company.

We havent fount any cons as we have used it for a lot of time.

Anant
Anant
  • Branche: Unterhaltung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Hangouts - What better way to work from home?

Bewertet am 30.3.2020

Basically what we were looking for was a conferencing solution that was free and reliable. Working and presentations directly from home was also a big consideration. Hangouts successfully filled that space and has presented no reason to switch

- If used for video calling, it offers one of the highest quality video calling, this is in fact the most desirable feature of the application.
- All of this is for free which makes it extremely economical for the kind of quality it offers.
- I personally find that it is very easy to learn and that it gives you a quick option for chatting and video conferencing both personal and in groups.
- It also gives the facility of sharing multimedia files, emojis and stickers which makes its use in Business and Personal circles extremely lucrative.

- It requires a stable and high bandwidth to properly function and if you are in a situation where don't have either of these things the app simply won't work or it would work with a lots of disturbances which can be very disappointing at times.
- It doesn't provide you with the facility of seeing the status of your contacts whether or not they are available for conversation which makes it troublesome to use.
- You also can't search for a previous conversation or message particularly, you can't even delete messages individually, in case you want to delete one text, you will have to delete the entire chat.

Mora
  • Branche: Architektur & Planung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Just a few things

Bewertet am 2.7.2020

I use Google Meet for all my university lessons. Almost everyday of the week I have a programed meeting with Google Meet. I also use it with my partners to design our architecture project. I really like it! We used to use Zoom, because of what I said before, that the proffessor could see us while he was teaching, but my university settled something with google that allows us to use google meet without spending any money on cellullar data (GREAT). And the fact that the meeting doesn't get cut every 40 minutes also influenced A LOT.

I like the fact that it is connected with all the other google utilities. Everybody knows about it, it is easy to use, it is easy to setle a meeting with google meet. The fact that it can be connected with google calendar and gmail is a GREAT idea, I would have forgotten half of my classes if it weren't for google calendar. And would have spent too much time looking for the link, but because it is linked with the calendar, I can just enter to the Google Meet webpage and it just appears there. That was great, and all the improvements that were made in the last few weeks, great too.

There is something that REALLY throws down google meet at the time to choose it, and it is that nowadays, with the quarantine, teachers and professors had to turn to these kind of softwares to be able to give their classes. And everybody wants this online method to be as similar to normal classes as possible, so at least, when you teach, you want to be able to see who you are talking to, but when you share your screen on Google Meet, you can not see anybody, you can not see who you are talking to, if they are listening, you can't see when they tell you something, and mainly, you feel like you are talking to a computer and not to people. It is a detail that makes a really big difference.
Another thing that would be great is if people could draw on other person's screen when they are presenting. I use Meet with my classmates to design a project and it is really hard to explain sometimes from which part of the drawing you are talking about, so between that and the fact that the other person can't see you, it becomes really hard.
One last thing would be something I saw on Zoom and I thought that was great. When you minimize the it you can still have a little window with the person that is talking just floating there. You can move it and put it wherever you want, so if you are watching a class, or someone giving a speech, you can still work on something else and see who's talking, that is not the same as hearing them.

Luca Stefano
Luca Stefano
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

One of the best options out there, but resource hungry

Bewertet am 17.12.2020

I generally prefer it over other platforms and Google services are always a guarantee, but there's still room for improvement.

The limit of 100 attendees is really generous, and it is even more if you have a business account, plus you do not need any additional software other than your browser. Only Zoom can compete with such a number in the free plan, but you need to install a dedicated program to use it and is not as stable as Google Meet.

CPU and RAM usage ramps up a lot compared to other alternatives

Warum Google Meet gewählt wurde

Whereby limit of 4 people was too strict and the paid plan price was too high compared to the use we do of the platform.

Whereby
Tibor
Tibor
  • Branche: Kino & Film
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

I want my Google Hangouts

Bewertet am 22.1.2021

Google Meet solves my need to establish a connection with my colleagues and clients and hold a quick and short meetings when I know that all of the involved are comfortable with Google's platform. The tool has strong competition from other similar providers which are also offering a better and more expansive system which has some benefits for business users.
I like the fact that Google is incorporating and connecting its software, so it's on one hand very easy to connect Google Calendar to this and offers some extended functionality, but at the same time you can see quite easily that those two programs are developed by completely different teams that are not thinking alike. I would love a chat buddy (AI of some sorts) to take notes on what everyone is saying during the meetings.

I adore the overall simplicity and cleanliness of the GUI. As a standard feature available with any of the tier of the new Google Workspace it is very accessible, and most of the clients I work with are already somehow connected to the Google platform, either through email or their phones. I love the option to change my GUI and have multiple screen layouts (not revolutionary, but nice to have). The fact that a shortened link is automatically created on starting a new meeting is also a deal breaker because it's very easy to communicate where to meet with the clients and coworkers. I love the fact that the Meet can create captions to be able to understand others more easily.

The nice use of white space and the emptyish GUI is also an issue somehow because some of the functionality is lacking. I would love a dedicated desktop app (like Skype, or Zoom, have) - for example to be able to share files just by drag&dropping them into the conversation windows. It would be great to be to chat with people in particular and not just the entire group all at once. Also, a fantastic option would be to be able to record the entire session.

Trello, Microsoft Teams, Zoom Events and Webinars und Slack

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Google Meet

I am continuing to mix and match the software I use to be able to keep up with my clients which use all sorts of computers and business workflows. Hangouts or Meet are just a tool that keeps me where my head needs to be.
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Ideal video conferencing / meeting platform for students, companies

Bewertet am 4.10.2022

Serves the business purpose perfectly as I can do the daily calls with other team members easily. Apart from that, screen sharing, video call is very simple to do without any need of downloading any app.

- Easy to use. No need to download any software, works on the web.
- Works very well with calendar, easy to setup meetings on that.

- Very difficult to record videos if you don't have a corporate account
- Not ideal for web conferencing where you can have much control over the audience.
- Not so good for streaming

Zoom Workplace und Microsoft Teams

Warum Google Meet gewählt wurde

In both zoom and microsoft teams I had to download a software. Was not easy to use it on web.

Zoom Workplace und Microsoft Teams

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Google Meet

Reason for google meet is that our company uses google account manager for company emails.
Pawan
  • Branche: Bau
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

"The Ultimate Virtual Meeting Solution: A Review of Google Meet"

Bewertet am 6.2.2023

I have a positive experience with Google Meet. The software is praised for its ease of use, allowing us to quickly and efficiently connect with others from anywhere in the world. The audio and video quality is generally considered to be excellent, with clear and smooth connections even in low-bandwidth environments. Additionally, the ability to add up to 100 participants in a single call and the option to mute/unmute and record meetings for later review are also highly valued features.I also appreciate the flexibility offered by Google Meet, as it can be accessed from any device, including desktops, laptops, and mobile devices. The interface is considered to be straightforward and user-friendly, making it easy for users to navigate and find the features they need. Additionally, the integration with other Google services, such as Google Calendar and Gmail, allows users to easily schedule and manage meetings, further streamlining the process.Overall, I find Google Meet to be a valuable tool for remote communication and collaboration, particularly in today's world where more people are working and communicating from home. Despite some minor drawbacks and areas for improvement, users highly recommend Google Meet for its ability to facilitate effective and efficient virtual meetings.

Google Meet is a popular video conferencing platform that has taken the business and education world by storm. With its user-friendly interface, advanced features and reliability, it's no wonder that users love this software.Personally I like about Google Meet is its ease of use. It's straightforward to join a meeting and start participating, even for those who are new to video conferencing. The software's interface is intuitive, and all the tools are easily accessible.Another important feature that users appreciate is the high-quality audio and video. With Google Meet, users can expect clear and stable audio and video, which is crucial for effective communication and collaboration.I also like the ability to join from any device, including laptops, smartphones, and tablets. This flexibility makes it easy for people to participate in meetings from anywhere, at any time. The platform supports up to 100 participants, which makes it ideal for larger meetings and webinars.Finally, Google Meet provides excellent security features, including encrypted meetings and the ability to control who can join. This security is essential for sensitive information and discussions, and users appreciate the peace of mind that comes with knowing that their conversations are protected.In conclusion, Google Meet is an exceptional video conferencing software that has a lot to offer its users. With its ease of use, high-quality audio and video.

I often express frustration with the limited screen sharing capabilities, lack of customisation options, difficulty in navigating and finding features, and the occasional glitches or technical difficulties during meetings. Some time i also dislike the restrictions on recording and playback, as well as the limited virtual background options. Additionally, some I find the interface and user experience to be clunky and unrefined, and feel that the software could benefit from further development and improvement. Despite these drawbacks, however still I consider Google Meet to be a valuable tool for remote communication and collaboration.

Zoom Workplace und Skype

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Google Meet

I choose Google Meet over Zoom Meetings & Skype because of its seamless integration with other Google services, ease of use, and excellent audio and video quality. The ability to add up to 100 participants in a single call and the option to mute/unmute and record meetings for later review are also highly valued features. Additionally, Google Meet's ability to run on any device and its user-friendly interface makes it a popular choice for remote communication and collaboration. The software's widespread accessibility and reliability also make it a top choice for users.
Gabriel
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Three Years of Seamless Collaboration: My Google Meet Experience

Bewertet am 6.9.2023

My overall experience with Google Meet has been overwhelmingly positive. Over the past three-plus years, it has consistently delivered high-quality video conferencing and screen sharing, making my work as a web programmer, UI/UX designer, and SEO specialist more efficient and engaging. The platform's user-friendliness ensures that I can focus on the content of my meetings rather than technical issues, and its seamless integration with other Google Workspace tools has streamlined my workflow. Google Meet has become an indispensable part of my professional toolkit, and I continue to rely on it for its reliability and effectiveness in connecting with clients and colleagues worldwide.

I've been utilizing Google Meet for over three years now, and I must say it has consistently proven to be an invaluable tool in my web programming, UI/UX design, and SEO specialization work. Two standout features that have had a profound impact on my workflow are video conferencing and screen sharing.Google Meet's video conferencing is exceptional. It brings the essence of face-to-face meetings right to my screen, allowing me to connect with colleagues, clients, and team members as if we were all in the same room. The clarity and quality of video are impressive, capturing subtle nuances of expressions and gestures that are often crucial in my line of work. This visual engagement has significantly improved the effectiveness of my meetings and has helped build stronger connections with clients.Moreover, the screen sharing feature in Google Meet is an absolute game-changer. As a web programmer and UI/UX designer, being able to share my screen seamlessly during meetings has simplified project discussions and collaboration. Whether I'm presenting wireframes, showcasing design mockups, or providing live demonstrations of web development, the ease with which I can share my screen has made my presentations more engaging and productive. It's also an invaluable tool for troubleshooting issues and providing real-time feedback.

It will be great if users could be allowed to effect a change on a presentation been make by another person over the screen sharing. I has never been difficult for me using Google meet and integration has always been smooth.

David
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Best software for team communication

Bewertet am 2.2.2024

This software has facilitated the most part of my work, I have accomplished a lot in a short while.

I love how easy it is to use google meet.
And it has a large participant capacity making it suitable for small and large meetings.

So far I haven’t encountered any problems using this software.

Microsoft Teams

Warum Google Meet gewählt wurde

Because of its difficulty in managing a larger audience

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Google Meet

Because its popularity, so team members were familiar with functionality
Kristin
Kristin
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Easy and simple, few extras and few detractors

Bewertet am 5.2.2019

Integration is the key selling point for using Hangouts. I like that I can access it from anywhere, can talk to people seamlessly through multiple devices, and have search features at my disposal. Having the option to video chat and send multi-media messages is also nice (yay GIFs!). I have definitely told people they need to use it, especially if they have a gmail address. Overall, the good outweighs the bad and I think the bad is sure to be fixed.

My favorite thing about hangouts is being able to search for conversations I've had from my gmail inbox. Sometimes I will know I've talked about something but I can't remember if it was an email or a conversation, so it's nice to have everything in one place. The fact that it integrates with all the rest of Google's suite, of course.

The worst part is not being able to access pictures very easily. Other messengers, like imessage or whatsapp, for example, will collect all of the images where you can easily click on one and see everything in a conversation or click info or something like it to access all pictures at once. Hangouts has no such feature. Every time I want to look for an image in a conversation I have to google (ha) how to get to the weirdly-hidden archive folder in Google Photos. For such a common feature, it's sad that Hangouts doesn't have it.

Additionally, the Chrome extension and desktop version don't play very nicely. If I have Chrome open (which I invariably do) and someone sent me a message on Hangouts, I would get two separate windows every single time. Both would light up when more messages came. That's a lot of noise and action for one single message. Also the desktop version never took away the "you should try the Chrome extension" message even though I had it. Eventually I uninstalled the extension so I'd stop having everything doubled.

deba
deba
  • Branche: Öl & Energie
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Hangout with convenience and simplicity

Bewertet am 12.3.2019

Hangout has helped my organization reduce spending on a previous collaboration software we hitherto used. I personally prefer hangout for my instant messaging activities. Not only is the software smooth and lightweight, but it is also very easy to use as well as been quick and unproblematic. It is the epitome of messaging convenience for me.

Hangout has over the years afforded me a simple and enjoyable messaging experience with the added advantage of been able to send multimedia as well as make calls at reasonable rates to phone numbers and contacts on your Gmail account that also use hangout. I must say that the quality of hangout voice calls (paid option) is just exceptionally great. The video call is free and also nice too. You can archive important conversations as well as easily send an invite to your contact within hangout to adopt the software if they are not using it yet. The ability to have one-to-one or group conversations within Google Hangouts is an advantage that has endured it to me as it has helped my organization reduce spending on a previous collaboration software we hitherto used. The installation is easy and the software is lightweight and as such, hardly cause hanging. I recently was able to install the chrome extension of hangout to my chrome browser and can now reply to my message while on my computer without reaching for my phone. this has furthered made this software more appealing to me. I like the fact that the software is free on Gmail account and yet there are no ads in it

I miss the SMS functionality that was previously integrated into hangout and I still wonder why it was removed! For you to really enjoy Hangout, you require a very strong internet connection otherwise it becomes a real test of your patience. I also wish there was a way to reach your contact (maybe by assigning a hangout ID phone Number) so that you can call them when they are offline. You might want to avoid sharing very sensitive data with hangout as there is serious concern over the security of files shared with others within hangout. I also think the need to have a Gmail account in order to use hangout is not pleasant. It will be better if hangout can be designed to support a number of email service providers.

Stephen  Olawale
Stephen Olawale
  • Branche: Bau

MESSAGING PLATFORM BEST FOR THE GOOGLE COMMUNITY

Bewertet am 6.6.2019

conversations on google hangout cannot be deleted or edited, that makes it to serve has a good record keeping platform for my organisation, in case i forget my past conversation i can search them out. Hangout has helped my organisation to save cost sourcing for other messaging platforms and i prefer it for instant messaging.

The fact that google hangout is well integrated for the google mail users and chrome users, makes me to prefer it.
I receive messages faster, easy to access and communicate with my colleagues at work, hangout makes working from home fun,chat on hangout are well organised and sorted in order, and also, it notify me when messages are sent,hangout offer the ability to create groups for friends or co workers,keeping track of people is made easy, we make video calls daily with clients and trainee , the screen sharing has been very helpful in training our real estate agent on digital marketing. i suggest for my organisation to use google product such as gmail, chrome and hangout, its a great community for easy communication, since they are all well integrated.
One other thing is that I can search for my conversations, in case i forget, the fact that messages cannot be deleted after it has been sent has being beneficial, for record keeping, thanks to google.

I observed that hangout is not keeping up with latest instant messaging features, that allows to send multimedia document easily, accessing, selecting and sending images while on conversation is not easy to access on gallery at ones,the video call functionality needs upgrade to allow more people to share video calls at ones, my organisation is out growing the hangout messaging platforms, we need to be able to send pdf files on hangout, but hangout still remain our choice because it keeps us integrated in the google community, since what cannot be sent through hangout could be sent via gmail.

Malinda
Malinda
  • Branche: Regierungsbeziehungen

A wonderful communication tool

Bewertet am 14.11.2019

Over 2 years I have been using google hangouts and my experience was very positive. It's one of the most famous and incredible applications available for communication. Application is very light and it loads really fast. For me it's a great tool for video conferencing and collaboration. I think it is a good invesment for any business.

As station masters we do communication mainly through emails and video conferences. There are quite a lot of employees in each and every station and it is somewhat difficult to gather them all at one place to held meetings. So we decided to use video conferencing for meetings when employees are difficult to be gathered. Google hangouts help me to connect with other station masters. Google hangouts has everything that mandatory for communication. I don't need to install any application instead it's perfectly integrate with the email account. I can check the availability of co-workers and the important conversations with them can be archived easily. Normally we create calendar events and join from hangouts.While I'm using hangouts, I can access both my mails and chat from my mobile and my PC. The interface is really simple and easy to follow so that that even an average person can easily use this.

I love to have the feature of sharing multiple images and different file types with my colleagues. It would be great if google can improve on sharing different file types like pdf,xlsx etc and multiple images at once. Likewise google need to make certain improvements in hangouts to be competitive with other software giants in the industry. Other than that I have no complaints regarding hangouts and it satisfies me with my expectations about communication.

Greg
  • Branche: Einzelhandel

One Spot for all Your Voice Needs

Bewertet am 12.2.2020

I've used Google Hangouts predecessor, Google Voice, since it came out. I even used it with Sprint when they partnered automatic voice forwarding and using your Sprint number on Google Voice (circa ~2010). Back then, I'd often use my HP laptop's microphone array and speakers covering the width of the device to use the speakerphone. Better quality on my laptop speakerphone setup with Google Voice (later Hangouts) than directly on a phone. Google Hangout's voice quality has always been exceptionally clear and steady. No perceptible delays, no stuttering, and it sounds high bitrate.

Google Hangouts continues to provide cheap international phone calls through any of their interfaces. Also, enabled me to call over any Wi-Fi enabled device for cheaper calling when traveling outside USA.

I often use a bluetooth headset with my computer, alternate regularly between Android + iOS devices (often carrying two simultaneously), while always maintaining Google Hangouts in the background and the same number across all devices. In recent years, Google Hangouts allowed me to login to multiple phone accounts in a single device.

In addition to voice, Google Hangouts in recent years began supporting text and media messages through their desktop and mobile app making it seamless to start a conversation on one device then move to a more efficient device without waiting for a synchronization. Its become a complete cell phone replacement without the need to stay connected to one wireless carrier.

Google Hangouts best feature is simultaneous use on multiple platforms. I use it on Android, iOS, and a web browser simultaneously. Text messages are forwarded to all devices. Phone calls are forwarded to all devices. Moreover, I can make an outgoing call on one device then put it on hold and call someone else if I need a quick conversation. The combinations are endless.

There are features that interest me but I struggle to use. I should be able to transfer a call from one open device to another by pressing the '*' (star) button? I haven't succeeded in doing this. I should record calls through some key combination, but it doesn't work for me. Certain distinct features could be better used if there was a menu of options.

Mira
  • Branche: Einzelhandel

Useful for virtual meetings

Bewertet am 19.5.2020

Overall, this app is useful. That's why I use it daily. I have a Google Pixel 2, so it's easy to use Google apps.

I appreciate how many people can join a virtual meeting using Google Meet using a shared link or by sharing a meeting code. My last meeting on Google Meet had more than 70 people joining. Everyone had a good experience. Sometimes I wished I was able to mute attendees without having to ask them, but oh well. As the presenters were talking, I was able to send questions via chat that everyone can view without interrupting the speaker. I think the high turnout in our Google Meet meeting is a testimony that it was easy to connect and join the meeting using Google Meet. It's user-friendly. It was free to use Google Meet, which is a plus. I like how app automatically switches to the video of the person who is speaking.

I like how that I can turn off speaker phone mode, mute my mic and turn off my video while still tuning into the meeting.

The captions feature is a great idea! I'm surprised at how it is able to accurately convert speech-to-text even when I am using uncommon names, sometimes. It is able to go back and correct punctuations/grammar. Sometimes It goes back to incorrectly "correct" a sentence that was correct the 1st time, but I guess it is the way I talk. I talk with a "lisp."

I use Zoom, too, and it's hard to get people to understand how to get it working and barely anyone joins Zoom meetings.

I cannot add a virtual background. Speech-to-text (captions) is a nice feature but is not reliable, because it sometimes go back to incorrectly "correct" a sentence. Easy to accidentally back out or exit a meeting.
No tile view.
It's hard to figure out how to end the meeting.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Google Meet

Free and easy for me to use.