CATIA

Travis
Travis
  • Branche: Informationsdienst
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

The best CAD known to man

Bewertet am 3.6.2021

Overall I would recommend CATIA to any CAD designer

Overall I would recommend CATIA to any CAD designer

This is a wonderful CAD designing program and pretty much the standard for most manufacturers in the automotive industry.

The Graphics utilization and RAM allocation of this applications is probably the heaviest i have seen on any program.

Caner
Caner
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Very good designing program for mechanical products.

Bewertet am 12.1.2020

By working with CATIA V5, i can design and analysis my mechanical parts at the same time.

Being able to work on product tree is crucial. Parametric design tools and analysis tools are working together and it is awesome.

It is not super user-friendly program as Solidworks but it works anyway. Sometimes, when i'm working on the big products, update can take lots of time.

Moustafa Medhat
Moustafa Medhat
  • Branche: Medizinische Geräte

My Review of CATIA

Bewertet am 6.7.2022

My overall experience with CATIA is not much good and the program needs a lot of improvements.

I like that CATIA is simple and doesn't need much expertise in order to master it. CATIA allows importing files in different extensions and works smoothly with them. Also, I like the shortcuts of CATIA which saves me a lot of time.

I don't like the limited features that CATIA offers as i can't deal with solid structures or metal structures. Also, CATIA is not for professional use because it doesn't have any support community and lacks collaborative tools.

Felix
Felix
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Versatile Design software

Bewertet am 28.9.2020

Overall a good tool to perform various CAD and CAM activities for designers especially in the mechanical, automotive field

Best for various types of design and modelling software like solid surface and sheet modeling. This is a very capable software for modeling. It has good export options when you want to do analysis in different software

You need high end machine to work on Catia. Especially if you want to do analysis using Catia.

Catia analysis is not very easy as other softwares like Ansys

Laura
Laura

CATIA is a good for expert designers and also powerful program.

Bewertet am 18.7.2018

This software gives you the liberty to rearrange tool pallets and it makes the software more easier to use. This software can also be used to architecture, as it offers wall tools to help create building plan very efficiently.

In the beginning, it's difficult to grasp the interface quickly and tools are not very intuitive as compared to other software. It needs a planning to know all the options in short time. But In my experience with this software is splendid. And it won't be wrong to say that this software is my number one choice when it comes to perfect designing.

Issac
Issac

An easy to use 3D modelling software

Bewertet am 28.3.2021

A beautiful software that can fulfill all your modelling requirement in one package

High speed 3 d modelling application with rendering support.
Supports wide variety of file types
Easy to convert 2d to 3 d easily
Supports access through the internet

Should introduce a higher cloud storage option
Should implement radx support in 3 d rendi as it shows improved details while creating an animation

FURKAN
FURKAN

best for automotive use!

Bewertet am 31.5.2019

great!

great!

I use this software for designing various automotive components and altogether visualization of vehicle environment

It sometimes takes a lot of time if you decide to load too many components at a time

Aravind
Aravind
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste

Catia a designers tool for creating 3d and 2d models

Bewertet am 25.5.2019

I work mostly on 2D drawing creation in my organization. Catia provides more flexibility in usage of different sorts of tools.

The software contains powerful tools for CAD modeling. The interface is very good and is divided into different workbenches based upon the designer's requirements.

The features tools won't create a 3D model unless the sketch a closed profile.

Mert
Mert
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste

Real Quality

Bewertet am 25.1.2021

Being recognized by the industry, the right solution.

catia v5 interface looks too old, I'm waiting for an update

Vedat Hakan
Vedat Hakan
  • Unternehmensgröße: 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Great engagement with automotive designs

Bewertet am 30.5.2019

Rich tools
Great product tree
Analysis availability

Difficult to open some big assemblies
Recovery problems

• Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Catia, you feel free to make design everything.

Bewertet am 30.5.2019

I am Design Engineer at Ford Motor Company.
I am using Catia everyday.
If I making design, if I...

I am Design Engineer at Ford Motor Company.
I am using Catia everyday.
If I making design, if I need to update my 3D model I need this software for using.
Because, our Automotive Industry using it commonly.
I can manage my product tree without any forces in catia.
I can create updateable design and share my collleagues.

If you create a new product in Aviation or Automobile Industry you should start with Catia. Because that, it is most common software in these industries and it makes you using same language while designing something together your partner.
Catia has more capabilities to update your models if required. It is stronger software to use product assemblies into assembly.

First time if you learn Catia, you can be forced into doing something, than you to continue doing something.
thus, you will understand strategy of Catia.

• Branche: Immobilien
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter
  • Weitere für 6-12 Monate genutzt

CATIA

Bewertet am 4.2.2021

pros:

Professionals

"It makes new clients pulled in to it and there are a lot of instructional exercises accessible to learn.
Its ability over a wide range of portfolios makes it an extraordinary item."

"The parametrization ability is one of the significant experts. Since you can undoubtedly control it to make
plans by streamlining programming projects like ModeFrontier."

"I have been utilizing this product for right around 2 years and I preferred it. In any case, they should improved
and rework the toolbars to locate the required instrument for the circumstance."

"In spite of the fact that it actually has a few cons, Catia is best particularly in Aviation and Automotive businesses
due to having complex parts and congregations. It is consistently a bit of leeway to realize how to function with Catia."

Cons :

"Particular franticness, they charge you for everything."

"CATIA has helped my organization push ahead. We were stuck in the stone age with AutoCAD however
now we produce 3D models and related drawings better/quicker/less expensive than previously."

"In this way primary screen causes you to feel smidgen awkward. More than this, I think Catia has doesn't
have cons to specify."

"2D age module is truly poor; hence we generally utilize different apparatuses to make 2D's. Permit charge
can be an issue for individual or little organization uses."

Manuel
  • Branche: Design
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

CAD software for a certain industry

Bewertet am 26.5.2021

In my overall experience CATIA is great CAD software because from the way you draw to the way you make assemblies or renderings, it is a software that does not have a great learning difficulty. You may take longer in design for the above, but it's a great advantage that you can use to your advantage.

CATIA is a very complete software but with its areas of improvement. Unlike other softwares it is very complete, its functions are very extensive and offers us what are step-by-step design process and in this if we come to have a mistake we can see in which step exactly we make mistakes this I see it as a great advantage. The renders even though it takes time but quality like any good product that takes your time. The interface is very simple to use and does not take much complexity of learning.

As I mentioned in the advantages is a software that is handled step by step compared to other CAD software there are functions that takes you 1 step what CATIA does in 5 steps that I see as a great disadvantage in that you take more time with the jobs. When it comes to rendering jobs or making assemblies if it takes time and resources from your computer so if you don't have a good computer with resources this is going to cost you a little bit.

• Branche: Tiefbau

Engineer it!

Bewertet am 18.4.2023

In general I can say, I am so delightful to use Catia because I can modify my drawings easily.

easy 2D and 3D drawings, user friendly graphics, can constraint drawings, helpful in calculating dimensions of new drawings as well, Easy modification of existing drawings

Catia is most important software in engineering however I need to learn the basic and advanced lessons when I first started using it.

Brett
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Catia - The powerhouse of Cad Softwares

Bewertet am 24.8.2021

In our case, we really have no other option. All of the top manufacturers we do business with use Catia, in return we must. There is no question it's extremely powerful. I love that once a design is constrained to features of a part, changes can be made very simple with all the history that follows.

I've contacted support and got little to no help. I think they are reserved for bigger companies like Boeing, Lockheed, etc. I find that sometimes when you have a software that is so powerful it can become overwhelming as well.

HARUN
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Best for Engineering and Design

Bewertet am 21.5.2019

I've heard of the program before, but when I first started work I started to use it. I was using Solidworks and AutoCAD. At first, I noticed that mouse clicks are more ergonomic over time, though they are reversed by these programs.

In addition, a very advanced level with parametric design can be easily intervened design.

3D to 2D image transfer feature is great.

I had no negative experience with the program. Although I started with other programs, I started to adapt to catia program very quickly and started to use it actively.

Pierre
  • Branche: Luft- & Raumfahrt
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

I use Catia to design aeronautic parts for customers as Airbus & other major companies

Bewertet am 18.7.2017

It helped me and my colleagues to design very complex parts and the tools to manufacture them, for more than 10 years now.

I really enjoy the very large choice of functionnalities offered by Catia regarding with other CAD softwares. In addition, the graphism is really fluid and pleasant. I understand why it is one of the most used softwares for 3D design.

It takes sometimes a long time for me to find the most appropriate functionnality among the large choice when I don't know yet it. Hopefully, the provided help is well documented. With experience, it is always easier.

• Branche: Hochschulbildung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

An advanced surfacing tool

Bewertet am 10.1.2019

Overall I've had no problems with CATIA.

Overall I've had no problems with CATIA.

Used Part/Surface/Kinematics feature

Surface generation capabilities of Catia is really powerful. There are a lot of options and modification within each tool that can be used for desired output.
The interface may seem a little hard to grasp but after getting used to it and studying tools capabilities lets you take full advantage.

The interface needs a little getting used to.

Part design or solid design may seem a little harder or less intuitive compared to Solidworks or Unigraphics.

Kinematics animation setup is a little difficult compared to Solidworks but isn't that bad.

• Branche: Medizinische Geräte
  • Unternehmensgröße: 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Catia - An User Friendly Cad tool.

Bewertet am 25.4.2019

i have been using CATIA since 4+ years, its the best CAD tool with ultimate UI and easy to customize the options. For sheet metal or Generative shape design, no tool can beat this software. I am very much satisfied and willing to learn more within this software by exploring more options and concepts in it.

User Interface will be so easily and well sorted icons. we can easily learn and perform the design/drafting activities

Aesthetic look need to improve for UI and modeling/drafting platform.

• Branche: Hochschulbildung

Great CAD application

Bewertet am 17.12.2022

Despite being an experience CAD user, I faced some difficulties while using CATIA initially, but then after discovering its features and capabilities, I understood why it is considered one of the best out there. I definitely recommend it for CAD applications.

CATIA is without a doubt one of the most reliable and powerful CAD software available. Its features are countless and give the user maximum flexibility when designing a part, assembly, or a whole plant. CATIA is not only CAD software, but also helps with manufacturing tasks and creating processes for a given job.

The only downside of using CATIA is its very old user-interface. It is strange that Dassault has worked so hard to improve UI on SolidWorks yet barely did on CATIA. Experienced user might not find this an issues, but for someone switching from SolidWorks to CATIA, I definitely had a hard time adjusting.

Good product for 3D design

Bewertet am 3.5.2019

We're working on automotive company.This product is benefit to prepare and see the design with 3D and check the package. It helps to decrease the prototype investment.

You can easily create 3D design and choose the suitable material from Catia library and calculate the mass, inertia, volume.

It's not easy to use. It has many different feature . You need to get training .

• Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

First program I run every morning

Bewertet am 29.5.2019

The best design I have ever used for 10 years and it can be integrated with analysis tools

I am design supervisor and my team use Catia V5 for all design activities. There is so much tool to create any design in my mind.

Perfect design tool but command base and developing automation tool is a little bit complex

Baronville
  • Branche: Fluggesellschaften/Luftfahrt

CATIA for ingeneering student

Bewertet am 5.2.2023

Very easy, and very usefull to my project. The multiplicity of tools allows me to be very efficient.

The facility to master tools was very impressive. I have already mastered Solidworks, so I learned very quick how to use CATIA

the difficulty to pass files to another version, or another software. Indeed, I needed to convert my CAD files done thanks to CATIA to use them under ANSYS.

• Branche: Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen

Good Designing Software for Beginners

Bewertet am 5.3.2021

Overall Experience :

Overall Experience :
CATIA is a great tool for the people that have entered in the industrial field as it helps in designing 3D models.Students who are new in this field can learn alot from this software.It also helps in learning the different machining processes efficiently.

The tools and options are easy to understand. Part modelling and assembly have been made easy for the beginners. Importing a part is also not a difficult task while using CATIA. Advance machining processes,Tool path generation have actually made it easy to learn the machining of a model.

The software takes quite time in starting up as compared to other CAD softwares. The interface of the software is not that much user friendly and it needs an update. The analysis on CATIA is also not as easy as others.

Tushar

Very Good Tool for modeling

Bewertet am 15.1.2019

It is fabulous tool.

It is fabulous tool.

It is user friendly and very useful tool to perform modeling. Features are so good.

It has so much complexity about the features, If team makes features more user-friendly then it will helpful.