Motive

Die moderne Flottenmanagement- und GPS-Tracking-Plattform.

(1.624)

Sortieren nach

• Branche: Automotive
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

The best software I never use

Bewertet am 24.5.2022

It has allowed me to refocus my route tracking and better assist my driving partners in case of traffic jams and give them better directions to quickly complete errands and trips.

The application is great for route tracking and especially when it comes to doing a route review it is great. I like more its ease of deployment and it doesn't need a high internet speed to work.

The only drawback is that the application has a latency in some areas less covered by the internet network but I think it's not really the fault of the application but the internet

Antwort von Motive

Hi, Thank you for the wonderful review! Please help spread the word and for any further queries please feel free to reach us out at support@gomotive.com or call our 24/7 Support Line (855) 434-3564, we will be more than happy to assist you.

Andrea
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

good product. easy to set up and use, always great customer service

Bewertet am 7.4.2021

If you have to have and ELD this one is a good choice for the ease of reporting, inspection mode, compliance, customer service. they work with many other tracking apps, they are constantly improving and developing, and update current laws and such.

Everything about this is easy to use and set up. Anyone can use it and set it up. It usually works well with any vehicle, we have used in several different semis and even hot shots. I like the reports for making apportioned and IFTA reporting easy. I have never had any problem that wasn't fixed really quickly. If the unit goes bad they ship another one right away. If you have a problem and can not find how to fix it in help or maybe not typing just the right search you can always call. They have lots of help pages online to help you avoid having to talk to someone, but if a phone call is easier than just call in. I have never had a problem with anything they could not help with yet. We have used them for at least 3 yrs now, some with other companies and some on our own. Other companies and software that we have used was horrible and if we had problems it took people 20+ days to fix. That is never the case with Keep Truckin.

on some vehicles the odometer mileage does not read correctly. Don't get me wrong the mileage for the trip and day is correct to how many miles and such. it just won't read the odometer so that they match for example 299473 on odometer and it has correct miles per day, and trip. just the odometer reading, not a big deal you just put it in and it runs everything fine. Other that that which is not a big deal, every now and then it will say 30 mins on break and then throw a violation because the time was really 29:57. My drivers know to make it go until 32 mins, just to make sure. It rarely happens but i know it has shown 30 and my husband drove and i was watching it. Then i logged in on the computer and it showed a few seconds less than 30min. i also have not called in about this issue as it has only happened a few times and maybe it was a sync issue that was randomly fix when logging off.

Antwort von Motive

Thanks for the constructive feedback, Andrea. This information helps us determine what improvements we need to make. Thanks again for taking the time to reach out and do not hesitate to share your concern with support@keeptruckin.com so that we can help to get them resolved for you.

Shele
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Please beware of false reviews

Bewertet am 31.12.2021

Customer service is USELESS. I have talked to them so many times that I finally realized that they all read from a script. They all have the same answer when presented with equipment that does not work, and will not stay connected. They would want to switch out the gateway for the truck. The new gateway would not work either. I would call back time after time, and then they would still want to switch out equipment. I would explain that we have already switched numerous times for this one truck and always "I WILL ESCALATE YOUR ISSUE AND SOMEONE WILL REACH OUT TO YOU." Sometimes they would call and that was always our "new account" manager but the odd thing was I could NEVER get ahold of the person again. Please save yourself the stress of being up in the middle of the night working on trying to get the dashcam or ELD to stay connected. A few of our trucks the equipment worked for the most part. But the other trucks would not stay connected. I signed a contract with these people for working equipment. They breached the contract when they failed to provide working equipment for all of our trucks. The trucks that KT would not work in had to be switched back to our old company. I did not want to have to have two logbook dashboards going so I switched everything back to our old company. I have a three ring binder of the emails and documentation between me and KT.

Majority of equipment would never stay connected.

There are so many reasons why I would never recommend Keep Truckin that I do not know where to start. We are a small company and it was a huge decision to change our ELD. I thought I did adequate research and read many reviews. It seemed to have good ratings and the features we were looking for and I made the switch. The monetary cost is significant for a small company, but it has not bearing on the amount of stress Keep Truckin caused for myself.

Antwort von Motive

Hi Shele, we're really sorry to learn the issues you had to face with the equipment and the service in general.
We're looking into your request internally, and will try to assist you in the best possible way.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding in this regard.

Siegfried

Highly recommended

Bewertet am 11.12.2023

Makes the day to day so much easier in managing a fleet of trucks and keeping things rolling

Easy to use, driver friendly, you can notify different departments about different areas needed to keep things rolling smoothly

No complaints everything works in real time

Antwort von Motive

Thank you for the wonderful review, Siegfried! It's great to hear that you appreciate our service. Please help spread the word and for any further queries please feel free to reach us out at support@gomotive.com or call our 24/7 Support Line at (855) 434-3564, we will be more than happy to assist you.

Cammy

Bewertet am 4.4.2021

KeepTruckin has been a good product. I tried Rand McNally’s & it could not keep up with 2 drivers. Sent it back they sent me a new cord & it still could not keep up with team logs.

You do not have to be a computer genius to use KeepTruckin it is quite simple & doesn’t break down.

They seem to keep raising the price for what I can offering me other things which I am not interested in for more money.

Antwort von Motive

Thank you, Cammy. We're glad that you like using our service. Keep on Truckin!

Beatris
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Best Decision for our Company

Bewertet am 19.3.2021

our company bata test equipment for KT and are always giving back feedback i love that i have meeting with there reps about new futures for dash board and actually use our feedback and listen to there customers needs and wants

its always current and up to date with all new changed to make sure our fleet is compliant with all FMCSA changes. customer success mamagers are always available and on hand. friendly to use for drivers and easy to install.

sometimes the call center takes a while to fix issue, when i call they have to send to another tier and sometimes things need to be done now so drivers arent in violation.
When sending cameras or RMA couldnt take couple days then i forgot about the issue.

Antwort von Motive

Hi Beatris, thank you for the amazing feedback. We're constantly working on improving our user experience and we are constantly working on improving the quality of our hardware so that you do not face issues in the future.

Laina

Motive is the only ELD I would Ever use

Bewertet am 2.8.2022

Overall it has been a positive experience in all ways.

Overall it has been a positive experience in all ways.

I have worked with many ELD programs in the past. Many were very expensive. The customer service I receive from Motive goes well above expectations as the others I worked with had very poor customer service. And Motive has saved me over $5,000.00 per year! The cameras have great resolution and I absolutely love the feature of any time I get an alert, it comes with a complete video straight to my email to view this alert. I don't have to take time to order a video and wait for it to come! When I have an issue, I call customer service and they get right on the problem. After they call with a solution, I get two more follow up calls to make sure that I got my solution and I am happy with the outcome of service!

That I cannot get a sepparate report for Personal conveyance auditing.

Antwort von Motive

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear that you are satisfied with Motive (formerly KeepTruckin) services. For any further questions or concerns regarding anything, feel free to email us at support@gomotive.com or call us directly at our 24/7 Support Line (855) 434-3564, and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Gracie
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

KeepTruckin is a great asset to any trucking company!

Bewertet am 26.8.2021

This product has kept us in compliance with the FMCSA and all DOT regulations concerning E-Logs and Hours of Service. I highly recommend it, and when our GPS contract with another company ends, we are planning to use KeepTruckin for our GPS needs.

This software makes it easy to keep up with where drivers are and what their hours of service are looking like. I am able to quickly check if they are on duty, off duty, or driving. We are able to ensure their breaks are taken on time, and that they don't driver over their allotted time.

The only con I have with this software is when you assign the unidentified driving time, it goes away after that. I wish their was a tab you could look at to make sure the drivers had accepted the time or still needed too.

Antwort von Motive

Thanks so much for your review! We really appreciate the feedback and hope you'll spread the word.

Kylon
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Motive is the easiest option we have used to remain compliant and keep track of our fleet.

Bewertet am 21.3.2023

Overall Motive has solved our needs to remain compliant with FMCSA and to monitor our fleet.

The biggest pro for me is the ability to self-install all Motive equipment in house and not deal with the headache of trying to schedule Motive, trucks and employees in the same place at the same time.

The biggest downside to Motive is their rewards program. There is absolutely zero customer support to enable you to retrieve your earned rewards that show "pending approval" for an undetermined period.

Antwort von Motive

Wow, thank you so much for your kind words! ���� We're thrilled that you're enjoying our service. If you have any friends who might also benefit from what we offer, please feel free to share the love!
Also if you are facing any difficulty with rewards then please don't hesitate to reach out to us at support@gomotive.com or give us a call at (855) 434-3564. We will route you to the relevant department for the resolution. Thanks again! ����

Not as advertised

Bewertet am 18.7.2021

Customer service seems outsourced, they don’t listen to what you’re saying just give out scripted answers. I received two DOT citations for log violations due to the device not staying synced to my iPad. Waited weeks for a replacement unit after demanding one from customer no service. I hope my company drops these and looks elsewhere.

It’s on my iPad that’s it. User friendly.

Doesn’t stay connected to iPad, gps is not concise.

Antwort von Motive

Hi Dave, we are sorry that you experienced connectivity issues. Please email us at support@keeptruckin.com so we can help you resolve the issue.

Brian
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Love the product... just needs a few tweeks

Bewertet am 22.12.2021

I have used a few other systems and this is by far better and easier to use.

I have used a few other systems and this is by far better and easier to use.

I love the ability to see my split log just by checking a box

1) It would be nice see my recap with out having to go into DOT inspection mode. It should be listed right next to the graph.

2) The times on the graph at the end of each duty status should be in minutes NOT percent of an hour.

3) It would be great if there was an external button a driver could hit to mark and save a video file. So, even if they are not involved in an incident they can go back and find the file to be reviewed and sent to the police or concerned parties. As it is now, unless there is a event detected ie: hard braking or cornering etc, it is almost impossible to find the video. For example, if parked in a dock or at a truck stop and driver sees another truck hit somebody else's truck or damages property, it would be nice to be able to retrieve that video file.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

Warum Motive gewählt wurde

went independent and needed my own equipment.

Zuvor genutzte Software

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Motive

I didn't like samsara so i wanted to try something new. Keep trucking had a lot of great reviews so that's the one I picked.

Antwort von Motive

Hi Brian, we are glad to hear that you like using KeepTruckin services.

Surely, your feedback will be taken into great consideration by our engineering team and hopefully, in the near future, the mentioned features will be available for all our clients.

Andrea

Base System is good - but hot spot limit stinks

Bewertet am 26.7.2022

If it were not for this hot spot issue I would give the system 5 stars. The Customer Support agents do speak clear English, but they are not always able to help and follow through is not good. Still waiting for my hot spot issue to be solved and it has been "disabled". No internet access on the road is a huge hassle. There is a big discrepancy between what my device shows I have used as far as data, and the Motive accounting for my data use. Tablet shows a lower data usage than Motive, and Motive caps the use and then shuts off the data usage. The difference in usage is a whole gigabyte and that is a big difference.

Easy to use - Dashboard and document access is very handy. Knowing the fault codes are helpful in keeping the truck running better.

I was told that the hot spot would allow me to listen to Pandora and audio books as I had been. However, it is capped and not sufficient and no one from Customer Service has been able to help me and the Agent who was supposed to call me to fix my issue, has never called.

Antwort von Motive

We're sorry to hear that you didn't have a great experience using Motive! We'd like to learn more about the issues at hand. Kindly provide us your contact number or email address. Additionally, for further questions or concerns regarding anything, feel free to email us at support@gomotive.com or call us directly at our 24/7 Support Line (855) 434-3564, and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Raul
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Wouldn't recommend product unless some changes are made

Bewertet am 25.5.2021

I was very happy with the product itself a few months ago. Lately I have been having some issues with some of the units and they have not been resolved. Customer service takes a lot of time to resolve issues sometimes even taking up to several days.

KeepTruckin ELD is very easy to install and use

The software itself is very good. It could be better developed to avoid loss of signal in most places.

Antwort von Motive

Hi Raul, we are very sorry for the inconvenience and would like to learn more about the issues that you are facing. Please email us your comments at support@keeptruckin.com or call at our 24/7 Support Line (855) 434-3564 and we will be more than happy to assist you.

William
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Decent product, does what it is supposed to

Bewertet am 2.4.2021

Working with KT has been pleasant/productive overall. Their app IS helping me keep my trucks compliant and legal. When I DO need support both the response and turnaround time are awesome!

What I like most is the wealth of notifications you can get from this application. The app keeps you informed even if you are not logged into it. Very useful to someone that runs three departments within a trucking company.

Some things are hard to find in the driver app version, so you have to call support and have them "lead you to it".

Antwort von Motive

Hi William, Thank you for the wonderful review. We're glad that you find our app useful. Please help spread the word. Thanks!

Kevin

Logging software for Trucking Company

Bewertet am 24.4.2021

Stated using Keep Truckin Software before any DOT mandates. Compared with a few other software providers and liked the functionality of Keep Truckin the best. Several or the other companies have fallen by the wayside. Keep Truckin keeps on rollinin.

Product is simple to use. It is a BYOD program. Updates are easy to install. I se the basic features to minimize the cost.

Being a small company, I have to pay for the service annually. Would prefer to pay quarterly. Some of the functionality was removed from service then added back for a higher fee.

Antwort von Motive

Thank you, Kevin. We're glad that you like using our services. We truly appreciate your feedback. Furthermore, regarding your concern about the billing, please email us at support@keeptruckin.com and we'll look into it right away.

Wesley
  • Branche: Logistik & Lieferkette

A great all-in-one platform

Bewertet am 3.8.2022

I am happy with Motive. I like having so many modules in a single platform. We utilize the API which is now a central part of our maintenance plan.

Motive is a forward-thinking company. The recent rebranding shows that this is not a stagnant project. Motive is always releasing new features that add value.

I dont really have a major con to list. There are times when an ELD driving event may be logged incorrectly - often at the fault of the driver, and it would be nice to edit those events; if compliance allows it.

Alton
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Device not reliable all of the time

Bewertet am 17.12.2021

Paid for a full year of basic ELD service this year, optioned to add IFTA mileage reporting to help keep up with IFTA tax reporting started getting monthly bills for this service. IFTA tracking quit working a week before filing date leaving with no data to complete IFTA filing service was out for Appx. 2 months, I complained and got around $2.00 refund for loss of service. This is the second device replacement in 3 years, besides that I have no complaints.

It keeps up with my hours of service on a daily basis

Stops working sometimes when there is a heavy rain. Mileage tracking completely quit working for 2 months. Disconnects from truck periodically.

Antwort von Motive

Hi Alton, thank you for your feedback. Please share your concerns with us at support@keeptruckin.com so that we can look into this further.

Giovanni
  • Branche: Unterhaltung
  • Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Great Web and Mobile Apps for Drivers and Managers

Bewertet am 19.4.2023

The administrative ease of tracking all trucks/drivers on one map coupled with the ability to identifying any maintenance issues online on one platform is awesome!

The ELD device plugs in in just minutes and allows you as a driver to very simply log all your HOS. The app is great with four SIMPLE to see circle graphics showing you current time to break, remaining drive time, remaining shift time and cycle time...it is dead easy and super useful!From an admin perspective both the app on the iPhone and the Web application show you so much detail about the drivers and the fleet of vehicles, it makes it so simple to identify which vehicles require reactive and preventative maintenance. The apps are easy to use, look great, have all the detail ever needed, and make it simple to digest large amounts of data about a lot of drivers and trucks...GREAT TOOL!!

Occasionally, the driver app will notify you that "Motive made changes" to your log...and those are like for a 30 second roll from a fule pump to a parking spot...that interrupts a break or something and is annoying.

Antwort von Motive

Thank you for the wonderful review! It's great to hear that you appreciate our service. Please help spread the word and for any further queries please feel free to reach us out at support@gomotive.com or call our 24/7 Support Line at (855) 434-3564, we will be more than happy to assist you and will add the product feedback for you regarding the 'motive made changes' alert.

• Branche: Bau

Just the basics

Bewertet am 20.7.2021

My thoughts,

My thoughts,

Well, I manage two companies which use ELDs. In one, we have one KeepTrucking device and the other we use Verizon’s system in the fleet of about 10 units. So everyday I get to compare your systems. KeepTrucking has direct advantages over Verizon’s but lacks in a couple areas. First, KT’s advantage is driver ease of use, and we can do the system installation. Verizon is hard for drivers to understand and needs special service techs to install. Secondly area of service, Montana is the fourth largest state and one of the least cellular regions in the country. There is no getting around it we have dead zones, KT recovers faster than Verizon once a cell tower is picked up. KT is the truckers ELD.

The only real downfall is what or how the trucking management fields are used. Verizon has more included functions in their system, such as timecards and logs, daily and details reports of the drivers and/or the trucks systems. So, cost most likely another issue, that is to say data; the KT system we have needed more data than what was provided in our initial package which we had to purchase on top of our informed cost. Verizon’s total cost was up front.

Antwort von Motive

Thank you, Dave. We're glad that you like using our service. We value your input and feedback very much. Keep on Truckin!

David

The Good, the Bad and the Evil of Motive

Bewertet am 6.7.2023

Early on they were great, had contacts in the business, would promote them on my Hotshot-USA Resource Network as an affiliate, I found them new business and told my members about them. Earned commissions that they told me were on the way. Got one but never got the rest. When I asked about them they could not tell me anything. As a ELD gateway, they are the premium service and the standard for the trucking business. They have a lot of great features, and fairly easy to use. They may just be too big and global , and need to organize a little better. I like them but I am always looking for another partner to work with, to promote and to eventually use for my trucks. I think they are overpriced and have lost the connection with some of their market.

When you are out on the road and need customer support, they are always a phone card away and very knowledgeable help. Have all the features and more that a Trucking Business needs, and should implement into their business. Keeps records, reports, and other features so that Governmental agencies, DOT, FMCSA, Insurance entities can share your records.

They lock you into service, too expensive, when you need reports or features such as fuel logs, they charge you more and lock you further into the program. When you do pay for an added feature, that you need immediately, such as Fuel Hub, they take their time to install, then they never show you how to have your drivers log in their fuel purchases. When you work with them to promote their product and company, the contacts you have just quit and leave, leaving you without warning and no way to talk to someone. You call and call, leave messages with other departments, personal and no one ever returns your phone calls. Slow to respond or even call back when you need them, however product support and technical support is top notch. They are an Indian based business and most of their support staff is hard to understand or communicate with at times.

Antwort von Motive

Wow, thank you for the great review! We're glad to hear that you're happy with our service. Please feel free to spread the word and If you have any questions or need assistance, our support team is always here for you via email at support@gomotive.com or by phone at (855) 434-3564. Our 24/7 support line is ready to assist you.

Lauri

Peace of mind

Bewertet am 24.9.2021

The benefits are that we can count on the devices to work as they are supposed to and they keep us in compliance with DOT regulations. The last company we were with was very hit and miss on if their equipment worked as it was supposed to for the clients. It was disturbing.

We only employ owner/operators and most are up in age and do not like technology or change. They were pleasantly surprised with your system and the ease of use. As the Safety Director, I like that I am sent an email any time there is an HOS issue with any of our drivers. I applaud your tech support team too! They are very knowledgeable and patient.

Integration to Keep Trukin was pleasantly easy. Our driver's installed the devices themselves and they are older guys that do not like change or technology. I cannot say that there is anything I do not like about the software.

Antwort von Motive

Thank you so much for your response! We are glad that you like it. Do let us know in case if you have any suggestions as we would be more than happy to hear them.

Dwight

Motive

Bewertet am 12.7.2022

I personally love it . Finally being able to take pictures of multiple BOL and my fuel receipts to track the loads I’ve hauled , plus the multiple trailer add ons (I haul turnpikes ) has been extremely helpful .

What I really enjoy about the motive system is it pretty much does everything for you . Looking forward to it being transponder friendly . That’s always a big advantage . The tracking the mileage separate between the provinces is great l makes ifta so easy .

Awww. This is a bit of an upset with me . Not being able to manipulate it when you have long wait times makes it a little tricky if you have to drove 2 to 3 hours to your load destination, you have to really hope your wait time isn’t too long , otherwise you can’t really get your maximum kms in .

Dana

Good Product/Service

Bewertet am 7.3.2022

Very good experience with KT. Excellent customer service, informative sales staff. Seem to have a great culture at KeepTruckin, and it shows in our dealing with them.

Software is easy to use, and so far has proved to be very reliable.

One feature I really dislike is not having the ability to change unit ID or unit names once they have been assigned, if even its assigned only once. Would like to see the ability to either change Unit IDs or add nicknames to the units. It would be a big help for us, that way if new office staff are learning, or new drivers are hired its much easier to identify units rather than a singular unit number.

Antwort von Motive

Hi Dana, Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear that you are satisfied with KeepTruckin's services. if you have any queries or concerns please feel free to send us an email at support@keeptruckin.com or reach us out on our 24/7 Support Helpline (855) 434-3564.

Allan
  • Branche: Öl & Energie

Motive ELD

Bewertet am 20.9.2022

We have been pleased with the Motive system, and the support is normally quick to respond.

The Motive app is very user friendly and in many areas mirrors what drivers see with paper logs. Being able to see a proper grid view of events makes it easy to implement and maintain.

As with any tech, there are glitches from time to time. As a cellular based product, working in areas of poor connectivity can effect the admin view in real time, but the driver app can store and forward so usually catches up when service is obtained

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Motive

Antwort von Motive

Thank you for the wonderful review! It's great to hear that you appreciate our service. Please help spread the word and for any further queries please feel free to reach us out at support@gomotive.com or call our 24/7 Support Line (855) 434-3564, we will be more than happy to assist you.

Reuben
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Overall a good user friendly product

Bewertet am 11.7.2023

It is a good easy to use product and is trouble free with good customer service.

The dashcam could be up graded coz there’s a difference between travelling highways amd city operations and following too close is an issue. In the city we have to keep it tight to be safe.