Applied Epic Erfahrungen

Sortieren nach

Katie

Pro Epic

Bewertet am 26.11.2019

I have been very happy with Epic and its ease of use. Coming from a much older operating system this one is amazing!!! The help that is available by just giving them a call is also fantastic. Applied is great at getting back to you with any issues and offering solutions and fixing the issue.

It is ever evolving. I love that Epic understands what we as users need and what the experience our customer need and want to have. I love that the system has many AUTO features that can work in the background. The fact that I don't have to drag and drop emails in all day is awesome. You send the direct from Epic and the email is automatically attached. I like the text feature. That is not utilized in our office however I do think it is something that can and should be used.

My least favorite thing is also a Pro but some times can be a huge flaw. Cloud based!!! Great for most of the time But.... the moment the internet goes out we are dead in the water and can not answer any calls.

Robert

Highs and Lows

Bewertet am 6.3.2019

Applied has the best support and if you don't think that is important try living without it after you become accustom to having it, I did and spent several thousand dollars to come back to Applied. The speed and quality of the answers from their staff is second to none. The cost of Applied is not cheap but neither is the quality of the product and service. Except for a short while ( which I regret) we have been using them since 1990 and I can't ever see us leaving.

The software is very comprehensive and will do virtually anything you need to do for your agency except payroll. The work flow is logical and records all information you need to provide service to your clients as well as protect the agency from E&O. Downloads work very well and save a lot of time.

It has a lot of controls some of what I think is redundancy. I may feel this way because we are a small agency and it is built to serve all. I would like to see a payroll section, Quick books seems to be able to handle it with no problem at a low cost.

Douglas

Best of the Available Agency Management Systems

Bewertet am 8.3.2019

Over all I think EPIC s ok, but it clearly does not live up to its name as being "EPIC"
Personally...

Personally I think that Vision did many things better then EPIC, specifically when it comes to search ability of attachments.

I like how EPIC has built upon its predecessors TAM, Applied and Vision so that some of your past experience on their older systems can be applied to the new system. Attachments and emails are very easy to add to the system to be stored.

Many features in EPIC are worse than they were in previous versions.
1 - Attachment Folders were much better in Vision then Epic. Easier to find files than it is now
2 - canceling a policy in Epic does not change the expiration date on the policy in Epic as it historically did in Vision.
3- The attachment sorting and search function is worse now then in Vision.
4 - Many functions within policy acords such as import and export are not accessible from some screens that they should be accessible.
5 - System still lacks any real visual way for tracking in process items in ways that are popular with software and program developers.
6- System lacks the ability to easily store underwriter contacts information on a global level
7- Sending emails from within Epic lack most of the functionality within Outlook including signatures.

Denise
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Worth the switch but you need patience

Bewertet am 5.3.2019

Our president loves the sales pipeline. It gives him the opportunity to visually SEE what the sales people are doing on a weekly basis which he loves. If you want to grow your sales and see exactly what's going on with each sales opportunity then EPIC is the way to go.

I like that with the sales part of EPIC, you can customize to exactly how your agency handles it's sales pipeline... it's NOT one size fits all... you can adjust how many stages in the sales pipeline, what the stages are called, reasons for not getting a sale, etc.

I also like the quick reports. I have so many people who ask me for reports all the time. I don't want them to access to run reports but I can set up the report they want and send that report to them so they can run it whenever they want.

On the accounting side, it's very unforgiving... you have to do things exactly EPIC's way and that can be VERY confusing in the beginning since its so different from TAM especially how commissions are entered. So you must be patient, go slowly and don't try to rush because then you create more problems. Also, make sure your accounting dept is fully involved in the configuration... ours wasn't and it created a lot of problems in the beginning that we're still sorting out.

Danielle

EPIC

Bewertet am 8.4.2021

experience with EPIC was ehhhh… sometimes better than others... Buttt we had an awesome sales gal and she always made sure to listen to us and fully understand what was going on. If there was an issue, she made sure to get it corrected.

We have 2 agencies and moving to EPIC we were able integrate both, yet still keeping the separate.. giving all employees access to everything in one place.

We had a lot of issues with downloads, because we have 2 agencies. There was so much set up to go through and it was a process that took more time than anything.

Sheila

Epic-Review

Bewertet am 18.3.2019

Epic has really streamlined a lot of our work load, and automated much of it. the downloads have everything on our system easily and accurately

I like how once you a familiar with epic there are many useful tools with it and how it flows, the ability to move files within in just a few clicks Epic is great. The integration of client detail on to the documents your preparing is a great time saver as well. Also loving the ability to copy and paste off of attachments, once I have a bill of sale there is no need to type out the vin# several times as i'm processing my changes.

Really I don't find anything I would call negative about Epic, although it really took a while to get use to the program and all its features, I certainly felt like I was little overwhelmed at first, but now I would not want to go back to our old system.

Patti

Applied Epic is a Must Have for our Office

Bewertet am 1.4.2019

Applied holds a conference every year. This conference allows agencies to learn new things, new tips & tricks. The number of learning sessions offered during the 4 day event is unbelievable. In addition, Applied has it's own client support group called Applied Client Network. This network allows anyone to reach out for help from other end users. Of course Applied has its own IT Dept, but sometimes it's nice to talk something thru with other agencies.

We transitioned to Applied Epic from another Applied product, and our office loves it. Epic is truly a windows based program and can integrate with different products and software from other vendors. Plus it can be customized to your agency's specific needs. It's a must have for any agency looking to remain relevant in our digit world.

Applied Epic has some built in "hard" limitations. I understand that those limitations are built into the program to keep everything consistent, I just wish that as the system admin I could override certain things and make it do what I want it to do.

Lisa
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use and great to work in

Bewertet am 23.7.2019

Overall outstanding

Overall outstanding

It makes tracking our accounts easy and it is very user friendly

Tedious to do accords- other software much easier on this particular feature

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

Naylor AMS

Warum Applied Epic gewählt wurde

Tam was no longer going to be supported by the vendor

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Applied Epic

Better features for our use
Laurie

Applied EPIC Review

Bewertet am 16.7.2019

I definitely prefer Applied TAM over EPIC. TAM is so much easier to use and way less steps

There isn't a whole lot I like about this software. Way too many steps involved in each process

You can't just "endorse" a policy without having to go through numerous steps. Having to "submit, leave in process or issue" and endorsement or policy is an extra step that you shouldn't have to go through. We shouldn't have to "endorse" a policy to amend a date of birth or change the spelling of a driver's name. Way too many steps to cancel a policy. We should be able to make simple changes without having to endorse, then update to submitted, then issue. Way too many steps for simple tasks that actually don't involve an actual endorsement

Some Good Features But Expensive

Bewertet am 17.6.2020

Customer service has been exceptional but the quality of the product is poor and it is likely that we will change to another system within the 18 months.

There a great many reports available and the ability to search for clients is almost limitless.

The software is slow and cumbersome. Many features that were promised are either not available in Canada or simply do not exist. You should also have a staff of IT professionals on call to sort out the various problems that arise.

Nick
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Hard to learn, clunky user interface, limited viewing options

Bewertet am 24.5.2021

It had the features needed to do the job. Integrates microsoft outlook with Epic. Filter functions works great.

The user interface is not very intuitive; when viewing some tabs containing a lot of information, there seems to be a lot of blank space, and instead the system forces users to scroll a very small window to view the contained information (such as commercial occupant units, different insurers on risk). The transaction screen seems overly complicated and functions such as adjusting transaction types after creating the transactions, revising transactions after financing them are absent.

Rebecca
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Amazing Software

Bewertet am 10.6.2021

My overall experience with Applied Epic is amazing. It is a dependable software that allows brokers to operate at maximum efficiency and accuracy.

I love that this software will allow you to set up your entire days to do list on the front screen. It keeps track of all the documents and emails in one place for each client. It also allows me to help my coworkers out on files by giving me a broad scope of what is going on with the file.

There really isn't anything that I don't like about EPIC. I find it to be a great help when going about my day and very effective in the industry.

Jean

The best Agency Management System

Bewertet am 5.3.2019

The reporting in epic is top notch. The reports give us a great advantage in running our business.

The reporting capability. I chose this product over others because accurate reporting is most important to us. Also the customer service is live and immediate. They are great.

I don't like that I can't get a report (like I had in TAM) where it annualizes 6 month policies for me. I have to pull the entire book of business into a spreadsheet and annualize the 6 month policies myself. I don't understand why TAM could do it but Epic can't, it's ridiculous.

Kim

Applied Epic Review

Bewertet am 15.3.2019

Overall, I have not had any major problems with Applied Epic. It is not hard to learn how to utilize all the Applied Epic offers in our everyday business.

I like the ease of navigating in Applied Epic. I do accounting as well as account manager on the insurance side. The general ledger is thorough on disbursements and generating deposits. I also like that we can generate accurate accounting reports.

A small problem I have is not being able to delete an attachment or activity.

Amber
  • Weitere für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Better for P & C than employee benefits

Bewertet am 6.2.2020

While I'm sure that the information it required was beneficial to someone in the company, it frustrated account management staff due to the length of time needed for one/any kind of task.

It's in depth information that you could supply on both the client and then any client contacts pertaining to the group. I like that you could check off if the client prefers phone calls over emails, etc.

The system is geared towards P & C Benefits, not for employee benefits. Many of the fields are not necessary in the benefit world and vice versus many fields that could/should be available are not.
Each section took a long time to complete. For example, entering in any notes or loading in employee's enrollment forms - you would have to input specific fields in order proceed to next specific field. If you didn't know a field or it didn't apply, you cannot leave it blank - something must be input.
On the same thread, it seems you have to by-pass three info screens in order to input ONE easy thing. Each task is overwhelmed with info needed to be input.

Shelly

Applied EPIC

Bewertet am 25.7.2019

I have had no issues in using EPIC at this time.

I have had no issues in using EPIC at this time.

My favorite thing about EPIC is the marketing platform! I love that you can tailor each submission for each carrier.

I would like to see a way to label multiple lines of the same type of coverage to differentiate each one in the master marketing submission. This would make it easier to choose the correct application when dividing into individual submissions.

Diane
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Good system to get a quick price indication from a number of companies.

Bewertet am 7.3.2018

Fast price indication and a point in the right direction for which carrier to go to.

Transfer data input into agency management system. Quick buttons take you to the google map, Zillow and the property appraiser website.

Tends to lock up and stop working. RCE is much higher than most of my carriers. The Home Estimates shows only a few of my carriers.

Laurie
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

EPIC is great for working anywhere

Bewertet am 6.2.2020

I have been working on EPIC for 4 years, switched from TAM, very easy to use and E&O friendly.

I like that you can't make any changes without it being documented in the system and that you can do searches in the attachments & activities

I do not like to email option within EPIC or the proof of Insurance options, it can be quite confusing

L

Great Product!

Bewertet am 17.9.2019

Our agency has really boomed since we moved to this product!! It really is easy to use!

I love the ease of use and the functionality of this program! I also like the options of filing and organizing within the program.

Evidence of Property certificates are not very user friendly. I also don't like that I can't amend notes added.

Andrew

EPIC

Bewertet am 6.2.2020

Best insurance agency management system I have ever used.

Best insurance agency management system I have ever used.

Great management system that's clear and easy to use. I am able to run accurate sales reports and log any tasks and notes.

Some of the functions are irreversible and at times that can be infuriating. Especially when upstaging to submitted status.

Colby

Functional interface

Bewertet am 29.8.2019

The ability to communicate between employees is huge. We no longer have to worry about keeping up with what others do if they are gone because the notes are easy to find and read.

The usability of the program in comparison to our old software. We used TAM before, and it was pointless for me as a producer.

The only thing i don't like about this from a producer stand point is the repetitiveness. It seems like we go in and repeat everything multiple times.

Paige

So much more to offer

Bewertet am 19.7.2019

I have used Epic for a multitude of things while in my time here at the agency and there is still so much to learn. A lot of the capabilities are there, but there are some that aren't. Additionally, there are a lot of unused functions within our use of the system, which are actually replaced by other programs. Easier navigation of these functions may allow Epic to be a one stop shop rather than using multiple programs.

Once the procedures are followed, it's almost a no brainer to see why it was created like that.

The manual is not exactly helpful. It would be better if it was written in layman's language, rather than super detailed systematic language.

Gina

Applied Epic Review

Bewertet am 28.3.2019

I'm not sure I have realized any benefit yet but then again we haven't been using it that long.

I do like the fact that you can set tasks within activities and that attachments can be stored in folders and subfolders.

Trying to run a report is not easy at all and usually requires a call into Applied and a lot of the times even Applied isn't sure how to run them. It was much easier to run reports in TAM. The annualized premium field never being accurate and some work flow functions that do not make sense like not being able to edit more than one attachment at a time.

Maddie
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great product for integrating all of our work

Bewertet am 26.5.2022

Integrates all of our work (invoicing, documents, letters, attachments, etc) in one place

Can be slow/ freeze at times and have delayed uploading for documents

• Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

EPIC is the best client management system

Bewertet am 5.3.2019

Being able to customize activities to our specific needs and have the follow up activities on a daily basis keeps me on track every day.

Ease of use and ability to track everything daily

Too many options, may ways to do the same thing