Applied Epic

Sortieren nach

Katie

Pro Epic

Bewertet am 26.11.2019

I have been very happy with Epic and its ease of use. Coming from a much older operating system this one is amazing!!! The help that is available by just giving them a call is also fantastic. Applied is great at getting back to you with any issues and offering solutions and fixing the issue.

It is ever evolving. I love that Epic understands what we as users need and what the experience our customer need and want to have. I love that the system has many AUTO features that can work in the background. The fact that I don't have to drag and drop emails in all day is awesome. You send the direct from Epic and the email is automatically attached. I like the text feature. That is not utilized in our office however I do think it is something that can and should be used.

My least favorite thing is also a Pro but some times can be a huge flaw. Cloud based!!! Great for most of the time But.... the moment the internet goes out we are dead in the water and can not answer any calls.

Robert

Highs and Lows

Bewertet am 6.3.2019

Applied has the best support and if you don't think that is important try living without it after you become accustom to having it, I did and spent several thousand dollars to come back to Applied. The speed and quality of the answers from their staff is second to none. The cost of Applied is not cheap but neither is the quality of the product and service. Except for a short while ( which I regret) we have been using them since 1990 and I can't ever see us leaving.

The software is very comprehensive and will do virtually anything you need to do for your agency except payroll. The work flow is logical and records all information you need to provide service to your clients as well as protect the agency from E&O. Downloads work very well and save a lot of time.

It has a lot of controls some of what I think is redundancy. I may feel this way because we are a small agency and it is built to serve all. I would like to see a payroll section, Quick books seems to be able to handle it with no problem at a low cost.

Nick
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Hard to learn, clunky user interface, limited viewing options

Bewertet am 24.5.2021

It had the features needed to do the job. Integrates microsoft outlook with Epic. Filter functions works great.

The user interface is not very intuitive; when viewing some tabs containing a lot of information, there seems to be a lot of blank space, and instead the system forces users to scroll a very small window to view the contained information (such as commercial occupant units, different insurers on risk). The transaction screen seems overly complicated and functions such as adjusting transaction types after creating the transactions, revising transactions after financing them are absent.

Denise
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Worth the switch but you need patience

Bewertet am 5.3.2019

Our president loves the sales pipeline. It gives him the opportunity to visually SEE what the sales people are doing on a weekly basis which he loves. If you want to grow your sales and see exactly what's going on with each sales opportunity then EPIC is the way to go.

I like that with the sales part of EPIC, you can customize to exactly how your agency handles it's sales pipeline... it's NOT one size fits all... you can adjust how many stages in the sales pipeline, what the stages are called, reasons for not getting a sale, etc.

I also like the quick reports. I have so many people who ask me for reports all the time. I don't want them to access to run reports but I can set up the report they want and send that report to them so they can run it whenever they want.

On the accounting side, it's very unforgiving... you have to do things exactly EPIC's way and that can be VERY confusing in the beginning since its so different from TAM especially how commissions are entered. So you must be patient, go slowly and don't try to rush because then you create more problems. Also, make sure your accounting dept is fully involved in the configuration... ours wasn't and it created a lot of problems in the beginning that we're still sorting out.

Danielle

EPIC

Bewertet am 8.4.2021

experience with EPIC was ehhhh… sometimes better than others... Buttt we had an awesome sales gal and she always made sure to listen to us and fully understand what was going on. If there was an issue, she made sure to get it corrected.

We have 2 agencies and moving to EPIC we were able integrate both, yet still keeping the separate.. giving all employees access to everything in one place.

We had a lot of issues with downloads, because we have 2 agencies. There was so much set up to go through and it was a process that took more time than anything.

Sheila

Epic-Review

Bewertet am 18.3.2019

Epic has really streamlined a lot of our work load, and automated much of it. the downloads have everything on our system easily and accurately

I like how once you a familiar with epic there are many useful tools with it and how it flows, the ability to move files within in just a few clicks Epic is great. The integration of client detail on to the documents your preparing is a great time saver as well. Also loving the ability to copy and paste off of attachments, once I have a bill of sale there is no need to type out the vin# several times as i'm processing my changes.

Really I don't find anything I would call negative about Epic, although it really took a while to get use to the program and all its features, I certainly felt like I was little overwhelmed at first, but now I would not want to go back to our old system.

Patti

Applied Epic is a Must Have for our Office

Bewertet am 1.4.2019

Applied holds a conference every year. This conference allows agencies to learn new things, new tips & tricks. The number of learning sessions offered during the 4 day event is unbelievable. In addition, Applied has it's own client support group called Applied Client Network. This network allows anyone to reach out for help from other end users. Of course Applied has its own IT Dept, but sometimes it's nice to talk something thru with other agencies.

We transitioned to Applied Epic from another Applied product, and our office loves it. Epic is truly a windows based program and can integrate with different products and software from other vendors. Plus it can be customized to your agency's specific needs. It's a must have for any agency looking to remain relevant in our digit world.

Applied Epic has some built in "hard" limitations. I understand that those limitations are built into the program to keep everything consistent, I just wish that as the system admin I could override certain things and make it do what I want it to do.

Jeanie
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Our company recently transferred to Applied Systems EPIC and it has streamlined our whole...

Bewertet am 16.3.2018

It benefits our whole company by helping us streamline our processes and implement strategies that benefit us and our clients in so many ways.

We recently changed over to EPIC. It did have a few bumps along the way but the customer support was A+ and they sent us support to train us in person which was a HUGE help so that we could all train and learn properly and have a real person explain things to us. The program does help us streamline our processes and keep up with our clients so much easier. We can send out emails for business as well as to send holiday and birthday greetings/coupons and out clients do appreciate it. We can keep track of notes on each client as we service them and attaching documents couldn't be easier! We needed something like this and the name EPIC is perfect for this program.

There are the usual bumps along the way when you are learning a new program, but the customer service is what really made the transition smooth.

Epic rev

Bewertet am 8.5.2019

I like the following information in regards to the use of Applied Epic: Lookup features, modern look, sign on ease, online training, Sales dashboard. Also I like how the certificates can be renewed and to choose to carry over the holders.

There are several things that can be complicated. For receipts of payments, I do not like having to enter the same information (check #, payment amount, company) multiple times. The fax is harder to use due to having to choose from information in the system only. The premiums do not show properly on the screen. When attaching a document to an activity, it does not show it also that you attached it. It does not show the company on an activity on the home screen. This is important for me as for some activities you have to check on them in the company and I like to group it together.

Some Good Features But Expensive

Bewertet am 17.6.2020

Customer service has been exceptional but the quality of the product is poor and it is likely that we will change to another system within the 18 months.

There a great many reports available and the ability to search for clients is almost limitless.

The software is slow and cumbersome. Many features that were promised are either not available in Canada or simply do not exist. You should also have a staff of IT professionals on call to sort out the various problems that arise.

Jacob
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Look around if you want to be happy with your management system

Bewertet am 21.12.2022

An Experience that I wish would not have happened.

An Experience that I wish would not have happened.

That we no longer have to use it. .........................

Very Expensive, Do not set up payments for EFT. If you cancel they will take extra payments and tell you that they do not give refunds. This system is very hard to learn. We went to a class that applied put on. We watched the instructor struggle to get the system to do what she wanted. Best part was she called he self an expert at the beginning of the class.

Danielle

A Must Have for Agents that do alot of Marketing

Bewertet am 14.10.2019

I like the product. It's like TAM 2.0. It's a must have if you are doing alot of marketing within your agency.

I love the marketing capabilities. You are easily able to input and track which markets you have sent accounts out to and what has come back. It helps alot when you are working with a team and someone needs to handle your accounts when you are out of the office.

Sometimes the fields and screens can be confusing especially when you are still learning the software. It helps when the administrator can remove unnecessary steps/screens you don't need to use.

Teela

This system is capable to do a lot but is not user friendly.

Bewertet am 12.12.2017

I do like that this program allows my agents to organize all of our clients information in one area. They are able to set up follow-up and work them accordingly. As an office manager I can see what they are doing by just running a report. The companies Applied partners with that allow downloads is great. My staff doesn't have to enter information in manually.

The program is able to do a lot but the training and resources are complicated and hard to use. The customer support staff are not as knowledgeable about all the capabilities of the program. This system also does not allow for errors. Once data is entered it is really hard, inconvenient or not able to be fixed.

Kim

Bewertet am 15.3.2019

Overall, I have not had any major problems with Applied Epic. It is not hard to learn how to utilize all the Applied Epic offers in our everyday business.

I like the ease of navigating in Applied Epic. I do accounting as well as account manager on the insurance side. The general ledger is thorough on disbursements and generating deposits. I also like that we can generate accurate accounting reports.

A small problem I have is not being able to delete an attachment or activity.

Amber
  • Weitere für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Better for P & C than employee benefits

Bewertet am 6.2.2020

While I'm sure that the information it required was beneficial to someone in the company, it frustrated account management staff due to the length of time needed for one/any kind of task.

It's in depth information that you could supply on both the client and then any client contacts pertaining to the group. I like that you could check off if the client prefers phone calls over emails, etc.

The system is geared towards P & C Benefits, not for employee benefits. Many of the fields are not necessary in the benefit world and vice versus many fields that could/should be available are not.
Each section took a long time to complete. For example, entering in any notes or loading in employee's enrollment forms - you would have to input specific fields in order proceed to next specific field. If you didn't know a field or it didn't apply, you cannot leave it blank - something must be input.
On the same thread, it seems you have to by-pass three info screens in order to input ONE easy thing. Each task is overwhelmed with info needed to be input.

Shelly

Applied EPIC

Bewertet am 25.7.2019

I have had no issues in using EPIC at this time.

I have had no issues in using EPIC at this time.

My favorite thing about EPIC is the marketing platform! I love that you can tailor each submission for each carrier.

I would like to see a way to label multiple lines of the same type of coverage to differentiate each one in the master marketing submission. This would make it easier to choose the correct application when dividing into individual submissions.

Diane
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Good system to get a quick price indication from a number of companies.

Bewertet am 7.3.2018

Fast price indication and a point in the right direction for which carrier to go to.

Transfer data input into agency management system. Quick buttons take you to the google map, Zillow and the property appraiser website.

Tends to lock up and stop working. RCE is much higher than most of my carriers. The Home Estimates shows only a few of my carriers.

Laurie
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

EPIC is great for working anywhere

Bewertet am 6.2.2020

I have been working on EPIC for 4 years, switched from TAM, very easy to use and E&O friendly.

I like that you can't make any changes without it being documented in the system and that you can do searches in the attachments & activities

I do not like to email option within EPIC or the proof of Insurance options, it can be quite confusing

L

Great Product!

Bewertet am 17.9.2019

Our agency has really boomed since we moved to this product!! It really is easy to use!

I love the ease of use and the functionality of this program! I also like the options of filing and organizing within the program.

Evidence of Property certificates are not very user friendly. I also don't like that I can't amend notes added.

Andrew

EPIC

Bewertet am 6.2.2020

Best insurance agency management system I have ever used.

Best insurance agency management system I have ever used.

Great management system that's clear and easy to use. I am able to run accurate sales reports and log any tasks and notes.

Some of the functions are irreversible and at times that can be infuriating. Especially when upstaging to submitted status.

Colby

Functional interface

Bewertet am 29.8.2019

The ability to communicate between employees is huge. We no longer have to worry about keeping up with what others do if they are gone because the notes are easy to find and read.

The usability of the program in comparison to our old software. We used TAM before, and it was pointless for me as a producer.

The only thing i don't like about this from a producer stand point is the repetitiveness. It seems like we go in and repeat everything multiple times.

Paige

So much more to offer

Bewertet am 19.7.2019

I have used Epic for a multitude of things while in my time here at the agency and there is still so much to learn. A lot of the capabilities are there, but there are some that aren't. Additionally, there are a lot of unused functions within our use of the system, which are actually replaced by other programs. Easier navigation of these functions may allow Epic to be a one stop shop rather than using multiple programs.

Once the procedures are followed, it's almost a no brainer to see why it was created like that.

The manual is not exactly helpful. It would be better if it was written in layman's language, rather than super detailed systematic language.

Gina

Bewertet am 28.3.2019

I'm not sure I have realized any benefit yet but then again we haven't been using it that long.

I do like the fact that you can set tasks within activities and that attachments can be stored in folders and subfolders.

Trying to run a report is not easy at all and usually requires a call into Applied and a lot of the times even Applied isn't sure how to run them. It was much easier to run reports in TAM. The annualized premium field never being accurate and some work flow functions that do not make sense like not being able to edit more than one attachment at a time.

Salvador
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 17.5.2019

Overall its a good system that we use for everyday purposes but i believe it can be better with more updates in the future.

Ability to setup follow up activities and workflows to help navigate and process task accurately.

The Inability to unattach certain attachments incase they were done by mistake or are incorrect. As well as the inability to edit details of certain processed work lines.

Patrick
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Modern layout, with lots of features.

Bewertet am 15.9.2017

Epic has a very simple tab and left side navigation, that expands when sub-categories are opened. The additional module available made the reach of the software extend into multiple departments.

Constantly getting updates from Applied. Software has a clean logical layouts. Ease of navigation is big to help with the training of new users.

The cost is a little high, and the use of the on-premise version vs the cloud-based is a little tricky when calling into support. Both version are still in production, but I get the feeling that on-perm will go away and we will be forced into needing a new solution.