Lösung für Video-Hosting, -Upload, -Streaming und -Sharing

Bjoern
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Die Premium-Videoplattform für Filmemacher

Bewertet am 7.12.2023

Die hohe Videoqualität, insbesondere beim Live Streaming, sowie die Möglichkeiten zur Monetarisierung von Videomaterial.

In puncto Reichweite liegt man mit Vimeo leider hinter YouTube.

Rene
  • Monatlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Bewertet am 12.2.2023

Vimeo brauche ich um Videos in unsere Intranetsoftware zu integrieren. Der Umgang damit ist unkompliziert und der Preis in Ordnung, wenn man nicht sehr viele Videos streamen muss

Jeder Benutzer kann nur eine bestimmte Menge Videos pro Monat streamen, nicht verbrauchte kann aber kein anderer Benutzer des Teams verwenden

Tacho
Tacho
  • Branche: E-Learning
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Video platform for high quality videos

Bewertet am 16.10.2020

The interface is clean and logical. There is no unnecessary chatter to confuse the user. I liked that the platform is used mainly by people who know how to make content, so you can find quality content with good quality right here. The feeling itself is about the business environment. I use some of the materials out there that can't be found anywhere else and have crystal quality.

I like that it doesn't spoil the quality when uploading. The concept of the product is clear and specific. The content is usually quality. There are no annoying ads to tear up the videos. The platform provides options for customizing the account. It allows you to present yourself professionally and stand out in the best way, without imposing additional things around you. Users can see videos that are not present anywhere else.

Multiple videos cannot be uploaded at once. Loading the gallery from the phone is a bit slow. For unpaid users, space is limited, which is not the case in other video sharing platforms. There are significantly fewer users, but those who are there definitely know why they are there.

Vincent Po
Vincent Po
  • Branche: Informationsdienst
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Decent video hosting with some minor caveats

Bewertet am 16.7.2019

Vimeo's main competitors like Wistia cost so much more and for small businesses, most can't afford Wistia. Vimeo has been a fine option for video hosting, good value for money.

We have clients from all over the world and we found out later on that some clients couldn't view the video's hosted on Vimeo. We found out that Vimeo is banned in some countries, while that's not really their fault per se, but it is a pain in the butt as we didn't really have alternative options for video hosting for those countries.

Warum Vimeo gewählt wurde

We realised Amazon S3 wasn't optimized for delivering video content (yes, we could use their Elastic cloud front but we preferred going with a provider that specialised in video and handled all the video conversion elements which Amazon doesn't handle).
Jack
  • Branche: Kino & Film

Tech support non existent

Bewertet am 8.1.2020

My experience has been poor. I’ve lost my temper with tech support many times. They just don’t get it, how it should work.

Ability to make folders with passwords.

Poor tech support, slow response to customer needs, crappy app and even after you remove it from a mobile device you get prompted every time you go to play a video to download the crappy app. Inability to navigate and do all the things you do on a full browser on mobile. Slow, slow results of large showcases or folders. Needs a way to load these first as a list instead of a million images that take forever to load if you have many showcases. I could go on. I pay for many accounts that we’ve had for years and I’m tired of paying money for lack of support.

Sierra

Bewertet am 11.11.2023

My overall experience is great I love how simple it is to use .

My overall experience is great I love how simple it is to use .

The video quality is very good, and the site is ad-free. Overall, I have had a great experience with Vimeo.The quality of the videos is great and the site is easy to use.

There isn’t anything, I don’t like about Vimeo . It’s an amazing app and simple to use .

Thom
Thom

Video hosting done right

Bewertet am 6.12.2022

I needed a way to restrict where my videos could be embedded. Vimeo is one of the few platforms that will actually do this by domain or hostname.

I wish livestreaming options were included at base levels. The livestream options make it too cost-ineffective compared to other platforms.

Raghav
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Reviews on Vimeo

Bewertet am 30.4.2023

Overall experience with Vimeo is good. It is meant for content creators who are serious about their work. And it a good place for educational institutions to archive their videos. One can program an API to use it for online classroom services.

Uploading of the files and organisation of the data.

Getting the links of a video is complicated. One needs to go to the advance settings, the distribution and then finally click on video links. Then you get playable links or downloadable links. If you don’t have the API it is a lot of work if you have a large video library.

Microsoft Azure

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Vimeo

It wasn’t cheaper than other services. But one major advantage is it doesn’t charge for usage of bandwidth. All other services charge for bandwidth usage.
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Great for Asset Management

Bewertet am 2.6.2023

Great - love the software.

Great - love the software.

Honestly, love the Vimeo Record option the most. It has made training individuals 100x easier and faster. And you can choose to show your face in the video or not which is nice.

I wish there was an a-la-carte option for purchasing features. We do not need ALL the features in the next level up so won't be paying for it but a few would be nice to have. And same for the tier above that one.

Christine
  • Branche: Buchhaltung
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Easy to use product for Video needs

Bewertet am 25.9.2023

Their customer service is helpful and overall I find it to be a fairly easy product to use.

I like the Live Streaming the best. I feel like I am with a group in this environment

The video editing is always challenging for me. Partly because I am not a professional videographer, so I don't blame Vimeo entirely

Timothy
  • Branche: Kunst & Handwerk
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Great video host without all the clutter.

Bewertet am 20.9.2023

It's quicker to work with and less of a hassle to host and provides a cleaner link on external sites than Youtube.

Everything just feels less convoluted and cluttered than Youtube. My preferred host for commercial videos.

As with most things some of the best options are locked away from free users. Uploads can take some time.

Simone
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Perfect for professional learning

Bewertet am 26.5.2023

Vimeo allows me to speed up the video - which for someone who is neurodivergent - it keeps me engaged and allows me to process webinars and professional learning at a speed suitable to my learning.

Vimeo doesn't integrate organically into the Office365 platform that we use in our school.

Amy
  • Monatlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Easy way to create social media videos

Bewertet am 10.2.2021

We're able to edit together great videos quickly -- and get them downloaded and posted to socials much faster than we were previously able to with iMovie. We're not pro video editors and don't intend to be. The Vimeo platform has helped us create good work for our clients with a lot less headache... and all of our video content is saved within the platform, so we can easily go back and edit again for future take-downs. The first time I used Vimeo for video editing, it was intuitive enough that I was able to crank out a fun little brand anthem video for a client right on the spot.

Vimeo's video editor makes it easy to access stock video and music for making social media videos... and to post them to Vimeo and to social media platforms all from within the Vimeo platform. It's pretty easy to create a fairly pro-looking video and then take it down into multiple size/formats for social media posts and advertising. You can upload your own video clips and intersperse them with the stock imagery. There are some simple filters and templates to get you started. One of the coolest features is that the platform intuitively edits the music to match the length of your video... If you start with a :60 piece and then edit to :30 or :15, etc., the music is automatically re-edited to match the length.

It's expensive. Accessing brand fonts and colors requires a business subscription, which is $50/mo paid annually. There's not a month-to-month option. As a small agency testing the waters, we opted for a smaller package, and the features are quite a bit less. The "basic" fonts and color choices are really pretty limited. The video editing tool is very basic, which is both great but also be limiting. You can't preview your video from the main editing screen. It can take a couple or minutes or more to "render" the video for previewing. Not a deal-breaker at all, just a thing.

Dave
Dave
  • Branche: Professionelles Training & Coaching
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Flawless and customizable video hosting, never any ads

Bewertet am 9.11.2020

We host training and promotional videos on several web sites. In most cases, you only need the video URL to embed the video. Some CMS require an embed code, which Vimeo makes available. If there are problems with the video, it is literally never on Vimeo's side, it's always the CMS or website.

Vimeo allows you to customize the player any way you want. We have three different standard settings, with and without our logo, with and without play bar, etc.

We have over 300 videos hosted. Vimeo charges by the month, not by storage or download bandwidth.

Most of our videos are hidden and inaccessible to the public.

None. It's kind of funny when people complain about YouTube, etc. All the problems go away when you start using Vimeo.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Vimeo

All the features we wanted at dramatically lower cost.
Yashovardhan

Amazing video sharing platform

Bewertet am 18.11.2022

Vimeo is a great site for hosting and sharing videos. The site is easy to use and has a lot of great features, like the ability to create and share channels, create and manage playlists, and embed videos on other sites. The video quality is very good, and the site is ad-free. Overall, I have had a great experience with Vimeo.I have found Vimeo to be a very reliable and user-friendly video hosting platform. The quality of the videos is excellent, and the site is easy to navigate. I would definitely recommend Vimeo to anyone looking for a high-quality video hosting solution.

There are many things to like about Vimeo, but one of the things that stands out the most is its high-quality video content. Vimeo has some of the best video content available, and it's all filmed and edited by professionals. This makes for a much better viewing experience than other video sharing sites.Another thing to like about Vimeo is its clean and simple interface. The site is easy to navigate and use, and there are no ads or other clutter to get in the way. This makes it a great option for those who want to watch videos without any distractions.Finally, Vimeo also has a great community of users who are passionate about video. This can be seen in the comments and forums, which are typically filled with helpful and constructive discussion.

There are a few things we would improve:-The search function could be more robust-The ability to share albums or groups of videos would be helpful-The organization of videos could be improved- it is difficult to find old videos-The quality of videos uploaded via the mobile app could be improved

• Branche: Computer-Software
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Excellent Video Hosting

Bewertet am 14.6.2020

Vimeo is one of the longest-tenured video hosting services. They have done a good job continually modernizing in the face of more competition from new startups. Cost is low to get all of the sharing and privacy features. We use Vimeo for internal and external videos, training videos, product demos, storing recorded meetings, and more - and we've had a consistently great experience.

Vimeo Pro is feature-packed but still fairly intuitive to use. There are a number of privacy and sharing options, and Vimeo is great for setting up professional-looking video libraries for your organization. I also appreciate that they are on top of new and emerging services like live video streaming. It also integrates well with social media and other web services.

Vimeo Pro cost is reasonable, but there are free and cheap options out there. Live streaming is a fairly expensive add-on (but may be worth the cost for reliable streaming to a large audience).

Favio
Favio
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Great video quality for content uploaded

Bewertet am 8.12.2022

We've had a good experience with Vimeo but I would not recommend using it as your main video upload website for ad purposes since it is not known and used as much as other options, however, for embedded links to use on websites or other platforms, it is great because of its video quality.

The feature that I like the most is that the video quality remains the same when we upload a video for out marketing purposes. Most online video players reduce quality even if you upload on 4K.

I'd love it to be known by more people, because sometimes it is hard to get organic visitors into our content. We had to use other platforms to get an embedded link and share it from there with ads.

Pamela
  • Branche: Personalwesen
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Vimeo is one of my Daily Go-To Work Tools!

Bewertet am 27.7.2023

I use this program daily and so appreciate its availability and useability for my clients.

I love that I can upload a file, and instantly get the link even before the file upload is complete. That saves me a lot of time. I also really like that I can go back in and change the intro image on the video.

It's not as easy as drag and drop to move folders around and organize them. I honestly haven't given it a lot of effort, but it's not super obvious.

M. Serhat
  • Branche: E-Learning
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

No need to setup a media server when you have Vimeo

Bewertet am 2.4.2020

While I was working in the distance education industry, migrating to the Vimeo (from Red5 media server) was the smartest decision we've ever made. By migrating to Vimeo we saved thousands of dollars.

Ease of use, very cheap prices considering problems the product is solving, user-friendly UI, support for 4K videos, fast video processing, amazing customer support, branding features, neat integration with other software, unlimited video storage.

Nothing to be honest. We have been using Vimeo as our main media storage/service since 5 years and we have been extremely happy with the product.

Brent
Brent
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Amazing for what it does. Few rival it.

Bewertet am 15.2.2019

We've used Vimeo Pro and Vimeo Plus plans for many years. Super customizable for embeds on sites and great stats.

1) There is no customization on ALL player controls or colors in embeds, just most. If you want an auto-play video with no progress bar or overlays, look elsewhere.

2) They abide by strict DMCA copyright rules. If you have a video flagged as copyrighted 3 times, you are banned. We had 2 violations at the same time from another user due to an old ex-employee re-uploading a file for internal use and making it public. We then (like 7 years later) got flagged for a song or something and were told we had a few days of read only access to download nearly a decade's worth of content before they deleted it. WHAT?!?! No appeal process or anything. No phone number. We sent an email (the only option) which was ignored. We finally found someone on the phone who seemed surprised we had found them and managed to find out how to get one of the originally DMCA complainants to remove their complaint. Now we live on a "1-strike and we lose it all" reality. Whiff. Seems there should be some method of complaints expiring after so many years or something to avoid punishing long time users at the same rate as new users. We could open a new account, but we'd lose thousands of videos we've created. How is that fair? I get copyright protection and all, but youtube's approach is more civil.

marta
  • Branche: Automotive
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

powerful and versatile tool for video

Bewertet am 1.5.2023

the platform is intuitive user interface, which makes it easy to upload, organize, and share videos with customers.

I have found Vimeo to be a valuable tool for creating and sharing engaging video content that showcases our products and services.One of the key advantages is its ability to host high-quality videos without compromising on resolution or playback speed. This is especially important for us, where high-quality visuals can be crucial for showcasing product features, designs, and performance.

I have found Vimeo to be an excellent video hosting platform without any significant downsides.

Rafa¿
Rafa¿
  • Branche: Unternehmensberatung
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Best video hosting and screen recording app ever used!

Bewertet am 21.7.2022

Totally satisfied. Previously Ive used different app for webinars (YT, webinarjam), different for screen recording (Awesome screenshot) and video hosting (YT). Now I have all in one - with better functions and performance.

+ video/screen recording is super easy with Chrome plugin (with save to disc option)
+ fantastic video protection options (link domain with video embed, download protection)
+ fast and informational support with personalized approach to each issue (no "general" answers)
+ fast, smooth player with quality to bandwidth adaptation (like in YouTube)
+ webinar option (event)
+ great price to quality ratio

No cons. It is professional software that you should use if you want to host and protect your videos (ie. courses), webinars or how-to's.

While cheaper options are available - Vimeo is tops in ease and quality!

Bewertet am 12.12.2017

Vimeo's paid offerings make it easy to upload, share, and manage large video libraries at the highest quality. It's the de-facto standard for digital screener sharing in the independent film and television sector.

The admin and features are very easy to understand - and we've had no trouble training non-technical staff to set up even complicated videos with unusual combinations of security permissions.
They have robust support for privacy control, embedding, subtitling and other accessibility features.

As a major platform, most major encoders come pre-set with optimized profiles, and (in most cases) automatic upload functions available.

The paid offerings can sometimes be a difficult sell for very small companies/individuals as there are few services that Vimeo offers that can't be replicated by completely free alternatives (mostly via YouTube) - but the high quality and ad-free experience is often worth it.

Curry
  • Branche: Religiöse Einrichtungen
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

The cheapest and most efficient way to manage long-form video and more

Bewertet am 12.4.2021

In all my years creating video content, I've never experienced an easier way to upload, view, download, or watch all of my content in one place. We uploaded all of our sermons, creative videos, promotions and more weekly without much of a problem. While it's not cheap, it's very affordable in the grand scheme of comparative software for what it does, exudes professionalism and allows for some truly breathtaking options in customizing your content. Those upload quotas can create quite the headache, though.

The seamless integration allows for quick uploads, very strong communication on the process it takes to compress, convert, and post. There are numerous privacy options, from private links to password protected videos that give the user control over their projects unlike a lot of other platforms. There's also streaming features now that open up even more doors.

The upload quotas. Unless you have at minimum this Pro plan, you're going to run into trouble from time to time. We uploaded probably 18 GB's a week and cut it close several times, and sometimes had to wait until the following week to be able to post our content. That may not be the norm, but it keeps smaller churches and companies from utilizing it due to this not being an issue on YouTube.

Pearl
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Vimeo may be for you

Bewertet am 25.8.2023

Overall my experience with Vimeo was positive. I would have loved to stay if it wasn't a financial choice at the time, but I've gone a different route with my business and no longer need this service, however, I think for those who are focusing on exclusive type videos, this may work for you.

One of the things I did like about the platform was I was able to integrate it into my website. It makes it very easy to do so. I found that it was able to be customized as well so that your videos look professional and really make your brand stand out.

The reason I decided to leave Vimeo was due to the fact that I didn't have enough space unless I paid for more space. At the time, I had just started my company and I did not want to have such a high overhead especially because I was also paying for the website and all other things that come with starting a business. I wanted to keep my costs down. But don't let that deter you, I just was not experienced on how to best utilize the system. If you are more established this may be a good platform if you want to make your videos more exclusive.